Kori Gotcha
Boulder Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindrindra View Post
Oh god the VS Seeker amen

And my precious Watmel Garden oh god why
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kori Gotcha View Post
There are 4 things that I also want back from previous generations that I honestly missed.

1) The follower Pokemon from HG/SS

2) The versus finder.

3) Growing berries.

Oh hey, I said 4 things.

4) Giving money to mom to stash.

I'm also wondering if the DNA Fusers from B2/W2 are going to play any possible future in the Pokemon franchise. The moment Pokemon Breeding was a possible thing in the 2nd generation, I always thought that there would be Pokemon you could only get by breeding specific pokemon, like in order to get Marill you would have to breed Pikachu with a water type (this was me when I was 14). Maybe this can finally make that a reality where you can only have a certain pokemon by fusing 2 other pokemon together to create a new one, or just have that implemented in breeding.
Old 12-01-2012, 04:58 AM   #77
Slash
Silver LO

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
I once thought that due to the horrible limitations on Stones not named Sun and the new breeding meant that breeding a Male Vulpix with a Female Eevee in Silver might produce a baby Flareon. Still pissed it didn't work that way.

Then I bred a whole bunch of Magby eggs with the mother Magmar in my party, with this weird logic that the mother's heat should help them hatch. Then in Emerald...
KAIRNE I WILL RIP OFF YOUR SCROTUM AND FEED IT TO YOU THROUGH A FUCKING SWIRLY STRAW.

Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:18 PM   #78
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

If they start fusing Pokemon (besides Dodrio/Magneton-esque things) I am out. This is Pokemon, not Digimon, dammit.
Amras.MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:24 PM   #79
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Yeah, actually pretty much agreeing with Amras here. While for Kyurem it makes sense since it's really more a 'half-restored-true-state' than a fusion, for other pokemon... Just no.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:53 PM   #80
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
>Start fusing Pokémon
>Start

lol wut

I'm just browsing the 'dex and currently count six that are definitely two Pokémon fused together, half of which are from Gen I (Slowbro, Slowking, Magneton, Magnezone, Metang and Metagross). You could also make cases for things like Vanilluxe.

So... bit late for them to not start.
DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:44 PM   #81
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Not sure how/why you'd count Magneton, Magnezone, Metang, and Metagross considering they're fusions within the same species and thus not quite the same concern that Amras has about Pokémon "going Digimon." You make a much better point with Slowbro than you do Magneton, I think. (However, if you'd like to keep Magneton on the list, you might as well add Weezing.)
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:45 PM   #82
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
Oh right, I didn't know that he meant Pokémon of differing species. Just Pokémon in general.
DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:10 PM   #83
Lonely Cubone
Gee, Brain...

Send a message via MSN to Lonely Cubone
Surely the best fusion example is Mantyke + Remoraid = Mantine, seeing as that actually turns two Pokemon into one?
Lonely Cubone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:37 PM   #84
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」

Send a message via Skype™ to kusari
After straying away for a moment due to embaressment, I have returned to address things.

>Master movepool

I totally get what Talon is saying and agree fully. Honestly my favorite idea of the thread so far.

>Interspecies Fusions

No. Just... just no. Go play Digimon or Monster Quest if you want that.

>Pokemon following you

The only reason I would want this back is so people stop talking about wanting it back. It wasn't a great feature imo. If it's only in an Amity Park-esque area, I'm fine with it because I can choose whether to do it or not. If it's always active no matter where ypu are in the game, that particular game would be low on my list. Give it a toggle option and we could please everybody.

And then I have another idea: Difficulty modes that are useable from the first playthrough of the game.
kusari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:05 PM   #85
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Pokémon following you around was a nice little eye candy feature in HGSS, but to be honest they dropped the ball. I realize it was probably a nightmare figuring out how best to code it, but ... I definitely think that there should have been the following 2D 3x3 scale grid:

And what they should've done was, they should've had differences in how much space small, medium, and large Pokémon took up.

The pink square (left) represents a small-size Pokémon, like a Poliwag or a Chimecho. The green square (middle) represents a middle-size Pokémon, like a Seviper or a Nidoking. The blue square (right) represents a large-size Pokémon, like an Onix or a Kyogre. Had they been able to pull this off, I think it would've worked a lot better. What they gave us was still cute ... but as magical as it itself is, having a Steelix who is only as tall as the trainer he's following kills the magic for me. You can't help but to see that and think "That looks ridiculous" and "That's not how big a Steelix should be."

Admittedly, though, this is a problem which is difficult for them to address so long as they stay rigidly attached to portable handhelds. The handhelds' screens are simply too small and of too poor a resolution to permit the kinds of 1:1 volume magic we saw in Pokémon Colosseum on the GameCube.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:16 AM   #86
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

While I see where you're coming from, there's a real issue with that in that medium and large pokemon simply couldn't interact with the tilespace in any logical way while following the player. What would happen if you walked through a tile-wide passage?
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:56 AM   #87
Mercutio
Banned

Just a Fire typed started that wasn't part Fighting would be great.
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:53 AM   #88
phoopes
Double Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindrindra View Post
What would happen if you walked through a tile-wide passage?
Very good point, Kin. It's a small world, after all.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:46 AM   #89
The Morg
Trying to send Christmas cards

I really liked the overworld sprites for Pokemon in HGSS. I'll admit it was a bit strange when legendaries had huge sprites and other large Pokemon didn't -- it felt like they should have made everything to scale, or nothing at all.

Then again, in a tile-based game, it seems proper to have all the characters be the size of a tile. It never seemed like the cuccos in Link's Awakening were bigger than Link himself, after all.

The limitations of the handheld also contribute to the single-tile restriction. The DS hardware sprite engine supports sprites that are 8x8, 16x16, 32x32, and 64x64. The overworld characters and Pokemon got the 16x16 sprite, same as the tile size, while the legendaries got the 32x32 sprite. There's no easy way to subdivide that into three equal size classes as Talon wanted. If anything, they could have used the 32x32 block for everyone and then had them fill more or less of the allotted space (i.e. Nidoking could be 24x24). The problem with that is that you're now using four times as much memory for pixel data, and this is multiplied over some 400 Pokemon, so it could just be that they didn't have enough space to make them bigger.

*munch munch* | FB Profile
The Morg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:03 PM   #90
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

Oh yeah baby talk design to me mmmm specifications just like that
Amras.MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:30 PM   #91
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

05.) They're gonna invert the series norm and place the hometown at the top of the map! (Or somewhere that's not purely the bottom left/right.)
Lindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:41 PM   #92
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindz View Post
05.) They're gonna invert the series norm and place the hometown at the top of the map! (Or somewhere that's not purely the bottom left/right.)
You're so cheeky. haha But I really like this idea. It'd be cute and amusing.

TBH, I did like how they bucked the trend somewhat in BW2 by ...

(BW2 spoilers? Seriously? For the beginning of the game!? Oh brother ...)
Spoiler: show
... starting you off for the first time ever in a rather large city instead of in the typical "town that borders on being correctly termed a village" like Pallet, New Bark, etc. That was cool and much appreciated. Would definitely love to see us start off in a big city again. Will be sad when we inevitably do not do so next gen.
Old 12-15-2012, 05:33 PM   #93
EpicSquirtle
Adrift in a sea of dreams

What I think will happen

The games will only be on the 3ds

Evolutions or preevolutions of Unova Pokemon

Using sequels instead of a third game.
Old 12-15-2012, 05:43 PM   #94
Tyranidos
beebooboobopbooboobop

Send a message via AIM to Tyranidos Send a message via MSN to Tyranidos
Tyranitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicSquirtle View Post
Evolutions or preevolutions of Unova Pokemon
Are you saying that the game will only have new Pokemon + prevos/evos of 5th Gen Pokemon?

I guess I could see that, given GF didn't add any Pokemon associated with Gens I - IV in BW. Still waiting for that Jynx evo, though.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON