UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development

Old 05-19-2017, 10:27 PM   #1
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Carbink Incognito Isle - The (Pokémon Only) Treasure Hunt Zone!

Hey y'all!

As Marion alluded to in her economy post, I've cooked up a bit of a proposal for you to peruse. Since everyone is keen on incorporating a bit more RP into their daily lives, I decided it might be a good idea to make getting elusive items an RP opportunity. This is basically a proposal for a modern Shop of All Trades, but instead of riddles or shards or whatnot, your Pokémon would go on a treasure hunt to find you the items you seek!

The big selling point to this zone would be that it would be Pokémon Only - no trainers allowed - and would provide a little variety in your adventuring. I imagine the zone would probably function best as a Free For All Zone due to it serving a pretty specific purpose (or perhaps a modified one, like having no set ZOs but allowing any ZO of other zones take people on). The mods also suggested that it might be a good way to allow for people to get Mega Stones and Z-Crystals, especially if they're not made buyable (it was also suggested that you might need to go through a trial to get them, though I haven't incorporated that in my first draft). The adventures would probably be somewhere between short- and medium-length, depending on the kind of treasure you're after.

The zone is split into 8 areas, each representing two types. If you're searching for an Iron Coat to evolve your Onix, for example, you might send an expedition team of Onix, Tropius and Vibrava to the Craggy Crater, and after some antics, be rewarded by the local Pokémon with the item you're looking for. However, it wouldn't just be exclusive to evo items - you could go to just poke around without any specific item in mind and pick up some of the other hold items, like Shell Bells and Glass Items and maybe something else on your Memekiss list. Or you could even just roam around and have fun!

The details aren't exactly all ironed out yet (I drafted this in a flurry of inspiration last night lol) so input is definitely appreciated!

As a note: I'm not really looking to ZA this zone, but if people would like, I wouldn't mind sort of being its caretaker (more of an SO I suppose?) and just overseeing it and helping with items and whatnot. I'd also be glad to hand it off to someone else! I have plenty of responsibilities as it is so I'm not exactly scrambling to add another lol.

Also I want to thank the mods for the idea and help developing it, Okiku for her expanded evolution zone suggestion (which this is built off!), and ABL for the pretty colors!

Without further adieu, I give you Incognito Isle!

Incognito Isle

An isolated little island far off the coast of the Fizzytopia mainland, the Incognito Isle was long unknown to humans. This untouched land became a paradise for Pokémon, sitting on a volcanic hotspot providing a rich environment for life on its south side, but also battered by harsh weather to the north that draws Pokémon more used to extreme environments. The island is said to be filled with strange and mysterious treasures, but the Fizzytopian government has declared it a nature preserve, not allowing a single human step foot on its shores. They have, however, allowed for trainers to let their Pokémon explore the island and interact with its native population in order to uncover some of the treasures within.

Ferries run from Fizzytopia on a regular basis, making the trip out to the island and stopping at each of the four docks at each cardinal point of the island, before taking the trainers on a two-day tropical cruise. Trainers who wish to let their Pokémon have a little fresh air and freedom can drop off up to three Pokémon at one dock and allow them to venture out and explore until they return. Each Pokémon is given an Adventure Badge, allowing their trainer and Preserve Staff (stationed offshore on a ship that patrols the area) to keep an eye on them and make sure nothing bad becomes of them. The Pokémon who inhabit the island are rather friendly, and if your Pokémon give them a helping hand or accompany them on a little adventure, they might be rewarded with a fun prize!

Vivacious Village - A happy hamlet built by native Pokémon, consisting mostly of clay and thatch huts, lying just north of the southern dock. These huts dot the southern foothills of the moutain peak in the middle of the island. Normal-typed Pokémon favor dwelling in the hills, while Pokémon living in center of the village closer to the dock tend are a bit rougher. The village square doubles as a sort of an arena for local Fighting Pokémon to engage in sparring matches or training.

Bubbling Beach - On the coast between the southern and western dock is a sunny beach with pristine white sands and crashing waves - ideal for a summery vacation! But, this beach has more than just sun and fun; it's the ideal relaxation spot. Just beyond the dunes are a number of volcanic hotsprings that overlook the sparkling seas. Despite their rather opposed nature, both Water and Fire Pokémon gather here to take full advantage of the mineral-rich (and slightly salty) springs. Some hotter Pokémon even enjoy the pools of bubbling magma interspersed with the watery ones!

Radiant Rainforest - Nestled in between the southern and eastern docks is a lush jungle, filled with tall trees, fanning ferns, verdant vines and rambling routes between them. Grass and Bug Pokémon live in harmony in the canopy and brush alike. The climate is a bit humid but never too hot, and a constant rain falls over the forest, but the sun will shine through, casting rainbows over the foliage at nearly every moment!

Withering Woods - Sitting just past where the island's volcanic rain shadow catches the clouds between the north and east docks is a temperate forest with towering trees atop jagged and uneven ground. Much drier (and darker) than its cousin to the south, this forest is a bit more mysterious. The plants here seem a bit more sinister, with some exotic species of flowers that ooze venomous sap tangled among the trunks. It tends to attract shadier types, particularly Poison and Dark Pokémon, who rather favor its shadowy nooks and toxic vegetation.

Dancing Desert - A windy desert exists behind the volcano's rain shadow between the western and northern docks, running from the beach up to the base of the mountain. This desert gets its name from the shifting dunes that appear to dance in the winds and shift around the complicated, weathered rock formations that dot the area. Rock- and Ground-types favor this part of the island, enjoying the bright sun and dry climate, as well as the various crannies carved into the rock faces by the wind.

Gale Gorge - A deep gorge is sliced into the side of the island just beyond the eastern dock, dropping dramatically from the side of the volcano in the center of the island. The faces of the gorge are steep and dramatic, but natural paths have been carved out by the winds that blow constantly down the center of the gorge. Flying Pokémon have made this gorge their home, perched on the outcroppings littering the walls. It's even said that some Dragon Pokémon occasionally visit these parts, at home in the stark but homey environs.

Frosty Fjord - Surrounding the western docks are tall cliffs that dip into the seas below. Due to the largely leeward positioning of these cliffs and the winds the long shadows they cast over the seas below, the area is a good bit colder than the rest of the island, but just cold enough to accomodate the average Ice-type without making most Pokémon too uncomfortable. Some claim these fjords to be haunted by the souls of those who have crashed against their rocky faces, and while these claims are unsubstantiated for the most part, Ghost Pokémon do seem to be attracted to the area, particularly to the occasional abandoned shipwrecks that can be found deep within the fjords...

Craggy Crater - A strange crater has been punched into the southern side of the mountain, possibly by some unknown impact in times immemorial. Whatever caused it left behind a great deal of iron, much of which is at least a little bit magnetized, and a lot of it in large, spiky chunks. The crater appears to be almost a sculpture gallery with the strange forms the iron formations take, some of which are occasionally altered by the iron-hungry Steel Pokémon that roam about. The minor electrical field caused by all the magnetism also attracts quite a few electric types, who enjoy the open, though somewhat harsh landscape that catches tropical thunderstorms from time to time.

Starlight Summit - A path that cuts across the island from north to south leads up to the mountain's peak. The volcano, no longer active, has left a small indent at the apex, creating a shelter from the rest of the island and the clouds that hang over the other parts that is perfect for watching the stars. An almost cosmic energy seems to flood this place, attracting Psychic- and Fairy-type Pokémon who are naturally drawn to the influence of the stars.
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 11:49 PM   #2
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge

i like this

Thanks to my best friend Missingno Master for the banner
óÓŇň furry, witch, and pansexual.
Little (little age of 2-4)
Hater of loss meme
Little (space): someone who goes to a younger sense of mind to deal with stress and anxiety.
crazy in love with my boyfriend AcendedDailga
kawaiiconcept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 11:57 AM   #3
Altocharizard55
The Scientist

Seems to be in the same spirit as my Guildhouse suggestion, so I'm certainly not against it.
Old 05-22-2017, 09:59 AM   #4
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

I don't see why not. I sounds like a mixture between PokePelago and Mystery Dungeon. I like the chance of finding Mega Stones too.

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 10:07 AM   #5
AshsBabyLapras
reason for my life

Lapras

I loooove the idea of a Pokémon only zone. I think it'll be perfect for giving my team more personality and developing their characters. So the item collecting is largely incidental to me to be perfectly honest. xd But I do like the ability to find treasure too!

10/10 A++ hearty recommendations etc

ps ur welcome for the colour codes bb glad to help n.n

すれ違うだけの距離が歯痒い 手を伸ばせば届きそうなのに
意味があるのなら教えて欲しい 締め付ける胸の痛みの
「イツダッテ ウソミタイ アイシタテ ノ ユメミライ」

f i z z y b u b b l e s | w i l d f u t u r e

Quote:
morningstar - Today at 12:46 PM
her whole being is Arashi

AshsBabyLapras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 11:23 AM   #6
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

<3 it. My only slight concern is what exactly are the items you get from the adventures (as it might clash with the idea of getting evolution items in the Evolution Zone) but otherwise I'm A-Ok with it =b Especially with the Pokémon-only thing.

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr
OkikuMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 12:28 PM   #7
Altocharizard55
The Scientist

I'm on Emi's side there that Jeri's zone should encompass Evo items as well. Further discussion on that topic is more appropriate in the Evo-zone chat.
Old 05-22-2017, 12:31 PM   #8
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

To be honest, as I mentioned in the evolution zone, I'm ok either zone, as long as evolution items are slightly more accessible somewhere XP

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr
OkikuMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 01:39 PM   #9
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
It would be a good chance for Team Flash Fire to make their appearance, so I'm all for it!

Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Twitch | YouTube | Twitter | Wild Future
Gemini Spark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 01:45 PM   #10
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

I'm all for this zone. It looks pretty cool.
Old 05-22-2017, 02:49 PM   #11
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Looks cool. Let's do it.
Old 05-22-2017, 07:17 PM   #12
Meetan
Soul Badge

This sounds brilliant, I'm down for it!
Old 05-23-2017, 04:57 PM   #13
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

I like it. I'd send my 'mon there to find me goodies.

Meet me at
Spirit ★ World

!!!

Nerd Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 09:08 PM   #14
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Okay so let's move on this a little! Below is a tentative item distribution list. All evo items are somewher

Spoiler: show
Anywhere
Red Flute, Blue Flute, Yellow Flute, Black Flute, White Flute, Heart Scale, Red Apricorn, Yellow Apricorn, Pink Apricorn, White Apricorn, Green Apricorn, Blue Apricorn, Black Apricorn

Vivacious Village
Moon Stone, Dawn Stone, Oval Stone, Upgrade, Lucky Punch, Speed Powder, Silk Scarf, Black Belt, Full Incense, Luck Incense, Expert Belt, Muscle Band, Destiny Knot, Chople Berry, Chilan Berry, Starf Berry, Normal Gem, Fighting Gem
Bubbling Beach
Fire Stone, Water Stone, Magmarizer, Kings' Rock, Deep Sea Scale, Deep Sea Tooth, Prism Scale, Dragon Scale, Pearl, Charcoal, Mystic Water, Sea Incense, Wave Incense, Damp Rock, Heat Rock, Shell Bell, Occa Berry, Passho Berry, Liechi Berry, Water Gem, Fire Gem
Radiant Rainforest
Leaf Stone, Sun Stone, Gold Leaf, Silver Leaf, Big Mushroom, Stick, Miracle Seed, Silver Powder, Rose Incense, Big Root, Absorb Bulb, Grassy Seed, Luminous Moss, Shed Shell, Rindo Berry, Tanga Berry, Ganlon Berry, Grass Gem, Bug Gem
Withering Woods
Dusk Stone, Razor Claw, Dubious Disc, Tiny Mushroom, Big Mushroom, Blackglasses, Posion Barb, Grip Claw, Binding Band, Wise Glasses, Black Sludge, Brightpowder, Smoke Ball, Stick Barb, Kebia Berry, Colbur Berry, Petaya Berry, Dark Gem, Poison Gem
Dancing Desert
Sun Stone, Fire Stone, Protector, Razor Fang, Nugget, Stardust, Rare Bone, Thick Club, Soft Sand, Hard Stone, Rock Incense, Smooth Rock, Lagging Tail, Shuca Berry, Charta Berry, Salac Berry, Rock Gem, Ground Gem
Gale Gorge
Thunder Stone, Ice Stone, Dragon Scale, Prism Scale, Razor Claw, Pretty Wing, Sharp Beak, Dragon Fang, Quick Claw, Float Stone, Air Balloon, Coba Berry, Haban Berry, Apicot Berry, Flying Gem, Dragon Gem
Frosty Fjord
Dusk Stone, Ice Stone, Reaper Cloth, Razor Claw, Big Pearl, Pearl, Nevermelt Ice, Spell Tag, Icy Rock, Leftovers, Snowball, Yache Berry, Kasib Berry, Jaboca Berry, Ice Gem, Ghost Gem
Craggy Crater
Thunder Stone, Up-Grade, Dubious Disc, Electrizier, Nugget, Light Ball, Magnet, Metal Coat, Cell Battery, Electric Seed, Iron Ball, Wacan Berry, Babiri Berry, Rowap Berry, Electric Gem, Steel Gem
Starlight Summit
Moon Stone, Shiny Stone, Sachet, Whipped Dream, Star Piece, Pink Bow, Polkadot Bow, Twisted Spoon, Lax Incense, Odd Incense, Pure Incense, Light Clay, Terrain Extender, Psychic Seed, Misty Seed, Payapa Berry, Roseli Berry, Cusap Berry, Psychic Gem, Fairy Gem

You'll get somewhere between 3-5 items for an average adventure (3 if you're getting a specific evo item or something a little rarer/nicer, along with a few more common items, five if you're not after a particular evo item, four if you want to give a few niceish items). I'll probably go ahead and test this as a full FFZ for now and we can restrict it later, but I think they'll be a hard limit of two updatees for the time being (we can reassess based on supply/demand).

Since Pokémon's trainers will be on a two-day cruise, I figure they could visit up to two areas per trip (one on day one, one on day two). They'd also get little adventure bags that render the items inert temporarily so Pokémon aren't forcibly stone evolved or whatnot. Also Pokémon should probably venture in teams of two or three for that reason (and others).

I wouldn't mind some suggestions on additional items to put in if people want to help balance out the distribution a bit.

If there are no objections, I think I might get this running this weekend!

私のことを消して本気で愛さないで 恋なんてただのゲーム 楽しめばそれでいい
閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development