UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2014, 12:29 PM   #401
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowshocker View Post
The Graveyard (Please reply in Silver)

Charminions
Knowing that momentum is slipping away in matters of seconds, you quickly order countermeasures to Osage. No more willing to see things drag on than you, Osage regards Elgyem with an almighty sneer, and almost immediately the glittering surrounding the alien start sifting away from their point of origin. Raising his arms, Osage bathes in the healing power of his Snatched Recover, feeling the scratches seal shut seamlessly and the strength return to his strained muscles. Elgyem, as though unaware of what happened, merely hovers in place and looks at its still-injured hands, and you'd almost feel sorry for it if not for know what's at stake.

With his vitality restored, Osage is free to stare down his prey, adding a spot of taunting for good measure as Elgyem weakly floats in response. With his talons unveiled, Osage dives back in for another Shadow Claw, meeting Elgyem's Psychic blast in response - ordinarily you might have been concerned, but the stolen health Osage obtained puts him comfortably above whatever danger zone he might have been in. Elgyem, on the other hand, is not so lucky, quivering in mid-levitation before it finally thuds to the nothing ground like a rag doll. Level-up for Osage.

"You have proven victorious in battle," intones Dusknoir, surprising you with the presence of its voice; you'd almost forgotten that it was there. "But was your decision accurate?" Before you can answer, you feel your throat seize up, and a downwards glance reveals a faint blue light emanating from your heart. Like a will of the wisp it bursts from your chest, leaving you feeling abruptly drained despite not suffering any injury; across the void, the same happens to Elgyem, and the two swirls of azure aura meet in the centre. Are you being judged? Fear seizes you, except that in the strange circumstances, you don't even know what panic feels like. You are, and that's all there is to it; no sensation, feeling or ache. Like a justice overseeing his court Dusknoir raises its hand before bringing it down; abruptly, the sense of touch is restored as your soul shoots back into you like a lightning bolt. Overwhelmed by the bizarre out of body experience you tumble backwards, prompting Osage to dash back to your side.

"Fear not, human. Your quest has proven fruitful, and your resolve proven strong. The souls you seek are held within the guardian of your choosing." Reassuring you, Dusknoir raises its arm once again. "And now the time has come, for you to return to the realm of the living. Safe journeys, until the day your life departs..."

The last thing you remember is falling limp, but you certainly don't recall falling asleep. Blinking vigorously, you find yourself just outside the gates of Yamask and Golett, just as you were before your adventure started. Instead of Apollo, Osage stands beside, no more comfortable with the graveyard than the netherworld dimension.

"Ugh..." Unfamiliar voices rouse your attention, and you look to some distance away; a young couple pick themselves from the ground, undoubtedly the people you risked life and limb to rescue, appearing rather healthy for individuals trapped in limbo. "What happened? Jason?"

"Maria? Thank goodness, it is you!" Embracing the lady in a quick, tight hug, you find yourself smiling at the display of affection. "But if you're here, and I'm here, how did we... Oh!"

It is at this point the twosome turns around, noticing you and Osage. Unconsciously the three of you stand up and walk towards each other, drawn by the happenstance crossing of fate. "Was it you? Were you the one who rescued us?"

"I bet he is, Jason! Gosh, I didn't think anyone would actually come for us," blushes Maria, despite the gloom of the graveyard. "We... had an argument, and I ran away here, but ended up stumbling upon the limbo dimension before Jason could catch up with me."

"It took me time, but I eventually researched how to get Maria back. But I forgot the prerequesites to escape, and... well, you know the rest." Sheepishly scratching his head, Jason continues, "I don't know how to thank you. If you hadn't chosen to go out of your way, and risk yourself - I think we'd have wandered for several thousand years. If only I knew what to give you in return..."

"Jason, what about this?" Indicating her wrist, Maria shows you a band wrapped above her hand.

"That? But, Maria... you said that protective bracelet's been in your family for generations."

"I know, Jason. But after what we've been through... I think you're right. It's a little silly for us to have argued over something so trivial. Besides... I feel so much more secure with you looking out for me," gushes Maria. At this, Jason quickly turns away in clear embarrassment, and you feel your smile widen. If anything, your adventure has certainly given you an insight into treasuring your relationships.

"Here!" Happily, Maria slips off her band and hands it to you; you're no expert, but the Pearl String appears antique, if not considerably valuable. How Maria might have received it, you have no idea, but it's not really the time and place to look a gift Horsea in the mouth.

"Bye!" "Thanks again!" Somewhat awkwardly the loving pair bid their farewells, running off to what you can only hope is a cherished life together. Sorrow and cheer alike you found today in the graveyard, and thinking back, is that not what life is in equal parts? A few sharp tugs at your pants bring you back to your relevant perspective, as the bored Osage beckons you to leave soon. Either way, you've had yourself quite the odyssey between worlds and back, and it's a story to tell to your future kin when the time comes.

OOC: Finally, Charminions has graduated from the Arcane Realm. Congratulations, and I hope you had a blast!
*end transmission*
Osage senses the urgency of his trainer's orders, quickly preparing himself to Snatch away at the Elgyem's recovery. The Sneasel smirks as the healing powers recovers him from the aches of the battle, and Charm let out a sigh of relief. The Elgyem continues to hover about, realizing that his technique has not healed him as Charm looks on with an apologetic face.

However, this was a battle, and he had to stay focused. With a snap, Osage's Claw lit up with a dazzling Shadow display before charging back in. The extraterrestrial responds with a Psychic blast, to which Osage bares the brunt of not too worringly, his previous health gain reinforcing his advantage as he rakes his claw across the Elgyem for the finishing blow. The Psychic-type thuds on the ground, indicating his defeat, as Charm yells out in joy, "Excellent job, Osage!"

The Dusknoir's voice booms once again, mildly surprising the trainer after nearly forgetting his presence throughout the course of the battle. Before long, Charm felt incredibly drained as a light blue aura pulses out of his chest, souring across the void as it meets with another blue aura that came from the Elgyem. Am I being judged? Charm thinks to himself, though he felt nothing upon release of his 'energy', he just wished the process would end soon so he could feel normal again. Dusknoir slams his hand down, possibly meaning that his 'judgement' was over, as Charm's spirit zaps back into body, jolting him back in astonishment as Osage quickly dashes over to help him support his balance. "Thanks, Osage," the trainer coughes as the Sneasel remains silent.

The Dusknoir speaks once again, reassuring the trainer that his quest has been accomplished before raising his arm, causing the duo to blur out of their dimension.

"Huh."

Charm steadily rises up, "Was I asleep?..." He looks around to see himself back in the graveyard, by the Golett and Yamask gates with his Sneasel to his side. "Oh..."

The trainer could hear some grunts in the distance, looking ahead to see a young couple picking themselves up. This must be the couple I risked my neck for, Charm thinks as he watches the couple speak to one another before embracing- to which Charm's heart melted just a little bit.

They seem to notice the trainer as they rise. The three walk to each other as the man asks if Charm was the one who rescued them. The couple speak for a while, explaining that they had a fight one day and the woman, Maria, ran away only to end up in the limbo dimension before the man, Jason, could catch up to her. Jason found a way to enter the limbo dimension, but he didn't know how to escape which resulted in their predicament. The two then begin to mull over how they could possibly thank the trainer for the deed he has done. Before Charm could respond, Maria hands him a pearl bracelet. "It was no biggie, but thank you for the gift," Charm blushes, putting the bracelet away in his bag.

The trainer waves goodbye as the then couple leaves, thanking him once again before doing so. He lets out a quick sigh, "Wow, what a day, but I'm glad we helped them..." It surely was a day to remember, having gone to a completely different dimension and facing off against vailiant foes. Suddenly he felt a tug on his pants. He looks down to see a bored Osage wanting to leave. "Alright, let's go," he grins, exiting the Graveyard once and for all.

OOC: Claiming the Pearl String and level up for Osage from 33 to 34. Thank you for the awesome adventure, SS! It was a lot of fun, and I can't wait to go back to my zone adventures and start new ones!

Last edited by Charminions; 04-26-2014 at 03:44 PM.
Old 03-08-2015, 12:32 PM   #402
enchantress
Queen of the Night

The Graveyard - Please reply in silver

Itzatrap: The man sighs, defeated. He closes his eyes and massages his temples while collecting his thoughts, not even attempting to move you along for as strong a presence as he has, he somehow seems... broken. While this may seem a bit of a harsh description, you definitely sense there is something much larger than you can even hope to imagine in play here and while you're committed to helping Houndour you cannot shake a niggling suspicion that you might not be able to handle what is ahead if you choose to proceed along this path. It's quite an unnerving sensation and you can't say you like it. Eventually the man looks back at you, his gaze tired. Very, very tired.

"Can you bring back the dead?" he asks simply, his gaze locked with yours.

"Because that is what Houndour wants," the man continues. "He wants his mother back, and I want my son."

The man falls silent while you take in this new information and suddenly his demeanour makes sense to you. He is a grieving father who wants the same thing as Houndour; the return of a loved one. He is just more aware of the boundaries of life and death than the little puppy is, and your heart goes out to them both. You cannot shake the feeling there is something more to this though, and stand by the little fire pup, willing to help it track down its siblings at the very least. These thieves need to pay for what they've done, and you know you want to be a part of that payback. The man can sense your resolve and nods.

"We may as well introduce ourselves then, it's pointless dancing around the topic when it appears neither of us are going anywhere," he says, extending his hand in welcome. "My name is Eric, and I suspect you've just had a vision of my son, Billy, when Houndour lit the fire for you. This crypt is one of several belonging to my family who have lived in this region for centuries. I am now the last of the family line, the Rochester name will die with me."

Eric Rochester, hey? There is something vaguely familiar about that name but you can't quite pinpoint it. Considering his family have lived in this area for so long and perhaps you'd just read "Rochester" on a tombstone or two and made the subconscious connection. But then again maybe not.

"There might actually be something you can do to help," Eric continues. His expression is bland, but there is an almost illegible hint of something other than grief in his tone. "I wonder if you might be able to retrieve something for me. It is an item I cannot reach, but you may be able to get to it. Would you mind lending me your assistance?"

Silverton Ranges - Please reply in lightsteelblue

blazeVA: He's taken his sweet time, but the kid has finally gone leaving a trail of devastation behind. His legacy will last a lifetime for the Pokémon involved, however, that could quite possibly negatively impact on any and all human interaction they have in future. How one mean little kid can cause so much damage is astounding, but now is not the time to dwell on what you'd like to do to the little brat if you happen to run into him again. Now is the time to work on damage control. Reuniting the newborn Taillow with their mother, you spray a potion on her wounds so she is better able to care for her young. She caws gratefully, thankful you had not just walked on by as some people would. You helped, and for that you have made an ally. It is the plight of Corphish that is tugging at your heart-strings however, for the thought of abandoning a Pokémon after losing a battle is not something that had ever crossed your mind. It's not something that you thought any decent person would ever do. Could ever do. But then again, that kid had proven himself to be anything but decent. Turning your full attention to Corphish you rummage around in your pack before offering it a Casteliacone. At first Corphish doesn't seem at all interested. It had failed its trainer and didn't deserve any special treatment, but after repeated encouragement from both yourself and Lemon Drop, Corphish finally begins to eat the sweet, sticky treat. It listens to what you say, unable to believe that anyone would want it after having failed so miserably, but it is hopeful nonetheless. It looks you straight in the eye, trying to gauge just how serious you are and is pleased to witness sincerity gazing back at it. Corphish has not experienced a nice trainer before, what can that mean for the future? A future that is now looking much brighter than it had only minutes ago. It smiles shyly and nods, the Lv.5 male Corphish accepting your offer of accompaniment and glancing curiously at your pack to see if you might have a spare Pokéball tucked away in there for him...

Upon replying to your update you are free of the Arcane Realm. Please remember to offer Corphish a Pokéball should you wish to keep him, or to drop him at a nearby Pokémon Centre if you decide you'd rather not.

Pest: Pine is so happy at the thought of travelling with you she could positively burst and waddles a little victory dance of sorts, agreeing to travel with you. She can hardly believe that such a bad event has turned into such a life-changing meeting, and to top it all off she's been given a brand new and important name! The little Snover couldn't be happier. Turning to Abby and Cone, Pine farewells her former trainer with an affectionate and thankful hug before nattering something to her brother. The two share a moment for it may be a very long time before they meet again, and while they embrace for what may well be the last time you resolve to ensure you reunite these three one day. It is clear the siblings are close but Pine knows she will never share the same bond with Abby as her brother, and while leaving them both will be sad she knows she will be happier travelling the world with her new trainer and team mates where she will have the chance to flourish under your guidance. Returning to you the newly named Nerio is beaming. With a smile for Pax and a wink for you, Nerio reaches out and triggers the capture beam on the Christmas Ball you have offered and you watch while the Lv.5 female Snover is sucked inside. Saying your goodbyes to Abby and Cone you head off along the trail leading out of the Silverton Ranges. While it's a beautiful mountainous region that undoubtedly hides many a valuable treasure you feel you've had enough excitement for one day and instead look forward to what tomorrow will bring. The Glacier Islands aren't that far way, after all, and the Arctic Alps sound like a lovely place to visit so when you've all travelled some more, and have many stories to tell, you'll search the pair out. Given Abby said she is willing to share the powers of her mysterious gem with you, you have no doubt this will be one very special reunion...
Old 03-08-2015, 02:45 PM   #403
Pest
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
Silverton Ranges - Please reply in lightsteelblue

Pest: Pine is so happy at the thought of travelling with you she could positively burst and waddles a little victory dance of sorts, agreeing to travel with you. She can hardly believe that such a bad event has turned into such a life-changing meeting, and to top it all off she's been given a brand new and important name! The little Snover couldn't be happier. Turning to Abby and Cone, Pine farewells her former trainer with an affectionate and thankful hug before nattering something to her brother. The two share a moment for it may be a very long time before they meet again, and while they embrace for what may well be the last time you resolve to ensure you reunite these three one day. It is clear the siblings are close but Pine knows she will never share the same bond with Abby as her brother, and while leaving them both will be sad she knows she will be happier travelling the world with her new trainer and team mates where she will have the chance to flourish under your guidance. Returning to you the newly named Nerio is beaming. With a smile for Pax and a wink for you, Nerio reaches out and triggers the capture beam on the Christmas Ball you have offered and you watch while the Lv.5 female Snover is sucked inside. Saying your goodbyes to Abby and Cone you head off along the trail leading out of the Silverton Ranges. While it's a beautiful mountainous region that undoubtedly hides many a valuable treasure you feel you've had enough excitement for one day and instead look forward to what tomorrow will bring. The Glacier Islands aren't that far way, after all, and the Arctic Alps sound like a lovely place to visit so when you've all travelled some more, and have many stories to tell, you'll search the pair out. Given Abby said she is willing to share the powers of her mysterious gem with you, you have no doubt this will be one very special reunion...

A moment of tension was broken as Pine began to dance in agreement, overjoyed at the prospect of traveling with a new trainer on strange and wonderful adventures. Whether it’s from simple excitement or also from relief at having survived the encounter from the Beartic, the little Snover’s enthusiasm was infectious: Pax was quick to join in, leaping in and out of the snow to the point that even her thick coat of fur wasn’t enough to stem an onslaught of happy shivers. Even as Pine bade Abby and Cone goodbye, Pax gazed at them, wagging her tail so hard that it was a miracle it hadn’t fallen off.

Finally, in bittersweet hesitance, Pine — now Nerio — parted from her old friends. She watched them go on their way, and Pest was saddened (though not entirely surprised) to see tears well up in Nerio’s eyes. With a quick tap to the Christmas Ball, Nerio let herself be sucked into its cozy confines, and a cheerful ding! signaled a successful capture. Pest stared at the ball in her hand, wondering at the new life inside, and a feeling she couldn’t place welled up inside her.

“Arctic Alps!” she called, waving after the departing travelers. “One day, I promise you, we’ll meet again. Nerio will make you proud!”

She waved until they had faded out of sight, then dropped her hand and exhaled. It had certainly been a long day, with plenty of danger to go around, and it might be time for something less hazardous (though not necessarily less challenging). A calm beach, maybe? A mystical forest? Surely something like that would be a fine destination.

She turned to the trail, ready to resume her journey, when a quick bark stopped her in her tracks. She looked to Pax, who gazed back at her with strangely enormous eyes. Her tail was still wagging, but now there was a hint of wisdom in the glint of her eye … something that made her older somehow, more mature.

“Yeah, this really is a time for happiness, isn’t it?” Pest stroked the Eevee’s ears. “We find friends in an unlikely place, our team gains a great new member, and we all live to see another day. This day couldn’t get much better — whoa!”

She skipped back, nearly blinded by the glow that erupted around Pax’s form. Her finger brushed over the release mechanism of her Christmas Ball, and in a beam of thin light Nerio appeared once more. The Snover seemed puzzled for a moment at emerging so soon, but a look at Pax made her freeze, and she stared in wonder at the transformation taking place.

Pax, with eyes closed, stood tall … taller, even, as her limbs lengthened and grew slender. Fur fluttered around her heart, smoothly turning silky white and pink; like a gentle wave, the new colors spread outward, washing over her whole body. Bows popped into being at the base of her ear and throat, and delicate feelers grew into lengthy ribbons, which waved gently in the cold breeze. Her eyes opened, bright and blue, as the glow of evolution faded away.

Pest stared. Slowly, a confused smile lit her features. “Pax, you look … amazing! I’ve never seen anything like this before!” She looked to her Pokedex for answers, but the machine remained unhelpful.

Nerio leaned forward. Trudging through the snow, she reached out to poke Pax’s little nose, then clapped her hands in glee. Her dancing kicked up a flurry of snow, and Pax, blinking, found herself powdered in it. Nerio’s hands flew to her mouth, and she seemed about to apologize, but a feeler, raised for attention, cut her off. With a wry grin, Pax shook herself, and the snow floated away in a faint cloud.

Pest watched in pride as the two Pokemon began to launch snowballs at each other. Even if she didn’t know what Pax had become, she was still the same kind Pokemon on the inside. And Nerio, in some way, had been part of the strange evolution. Perhaps, in days to come, she would find an answer. For now, though, she called to them, and they followed her down the path (though not without playfully sweeping snow at each other). Adventure, somewhere, awaited them.

Thanks for the adventure, Tess! And thanks especially for the wonderful new Snover! I'm sure she and I will have lots of fun :)

Last edited by Pest; 03-08-2015 at 03:08 PM.
Old 03-24-2016, 10:53 PM   #404
JustAnotherUser
Only Mostly Lurking

Send a message via Skype™ to JustAnotherUser
(OOC: If you'd rather not try to revive an over-two-year-old adventure starter I wholeheartedly understand, but...)

Quote:
Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

JustAnotherUser: Setting off into the Forest of Adventure you enjoy the sights, sounds, and smells of the fresh and fragrant air. It's still fairly early in the day so the forest is full of life but after an hour of travel you find yourself in an area that is almost deathly quiet and you're not exactly sure how you didn't notice the gradual change in atmosphere. The sun still shines brightly through the canopy of leaves overhead and the breeze still wafts through the trees, but there are no bird calls, no rustling of life in the bushes, and not a single Pokémon other than your own Scyther, Penelope, in the near vicinity. Your eyes fall upon a circle of blackness on the forest floor ahead and you feel a shiver of fear shoot up your spine. Not quite sure why you're afraid of it you can see Penelope is eyeing it warily as well, and she urges you to turn back. You're transfixed though, curious about what it could be, and move forward almost unwillingly, to soon find yourself staring into the depths of an ink black pool of water. All of your senses feel as though they are shutting down as you gaze into the pool, your own dark reflection staring back at you. All sense of time has disappeared and you've already forgotten where you are when you suddenly feel very light headed and begin to fall - right into the inky pool. Penelope tries to pull you back but she, too, is pulled in...

Darkness surrounds you. It is cold and you cannot see well in the faint moonlight struggling to penetrate the thick canopy of leaves above. Looking around you can see you are still in the forest, the strange black pool of water as still as it was earlier. You can hear a Mightyena howling at the moon as goosebumps appear on your arms from the chill night air. Penelope stands by your side, guarding you until you can gather yourself and you wonder what on earth has happened. The last thing you remember is falling into the black pool but you are not even damp. How can that be? Suddenly you hear some movement and Penelope leaps in front of you only to come face-to-face with what looks to be a very old but very fit Scizor next to whom is an old man who is staring at you as though he is seeing a ghost. His eyes dart to the black pool then back to you, over to Penelope, and back to you again. He falls to his knees and grasps your forearms, his eyes almost manic. "Where are you from?!" he demands, scaring the wits out of you. "What year is it?! How did you get here?!" Absolutely speechless you look to Penelope who is just as confused as you. Whoever this old man is, it appears he needs some answers that he believes you can provide...
As Dan set off down the forest trail, he took a deep inhale of the refreshing scent of the area; the rich earthy smell of the well-trodden soil underfoot, the distinctive aroma of aged pine - and other - trees, and even the fragrance of the odd wildflower. He'd chosen to set off early in the morning, to ensure he'd get the full experience of nature dawning around him; and indeed, the woodlands teemed with life. As gentle light shone through the canopy, cries rang out and the bushes rustled with pokemon going about their business. Content with not bothering them, though, he proceeded with nary a care in the world.

It was Penelope who first sensed something was amiss; the stoic Scyther was far more attentive than her trainer, and stopped him by holding one of her blade-like limbs before him. Quizzical, Dan looked around to see what could possibly have got her concerned - and found nothing. Quite literally. Not a peep of the previous activity he could swear he'd heard minutes ago. Had he really that tranquil from the calming nature of the forest to not notice, or was something awry? He nervously looked to his pokemon, who had assumed a cautious fighting stance herself, ready to spring to action at a moment's notice.

The threat, however, was not going to rush out and attack them; when Dan first caught sight of the pool, he thought his inability to look away was due to surprise; a bizarrely dark disc of something that really rubbed him the wrong way. Out of the corner of his eye, he could tell his Scyther was unnerved by it as well, and tried to hold one of her arms up to encourage him to turn back; but something about this void called to him - though he tried to resist, he found himself pushing past and wandering ever closer...

Breathing heavily - almost like panting with exhaustion - from a sudden onset of fear, he eventually found himself at the edge of the blackness; a pool of (what he could only assume was) water devoid of hue or tint - that pulled at him like a hook, snared so tight he couldn't look away - utterly transfixed, staring down his reflection in eyes that couldn't blink and were starting to water. He couldn't tell how long he'd been staring (or that Penelope had tried to drag him away) when he suddenly felt very off - finally breaking the lock of eyes as his shut, he started to fall forward as unconsciousness took him. The last thing he felt was Penelope desperately clinging to him and losing her own footing - and then he was gone.

Gasping awake, Dan sat up - it was dark, now, with nary a wick of light save that of the moon and stars above him, obscured by the thick canopy of leaves. He saw Penelope groggily stir next to him as he got up and surveyed his surroundings. He was still by the pool, though it was not nearly as entrancing as it was earlier; the odd Mightyena howled off in the distance, presumably at the sky above; the trees around him looked as they had when he last saw them. Maybe the pool just had some funky fumes that knocked him unconscious? The trainer decided to break the silence, addressing his rather guarding-focused Scyther.

"Penelope, what... what happened? I remember falling into the pool, but-"

His sentence was cut off by a noise in the bushes before them - Penelope, clearly very on edge, shot in front of him and sliced at the shrubbery, revealing who it masked; an elderly, but very fit Scizor, red metal nicked with scuffs and scratches that hallmarked years of training; and a man of equal maturity, wrinkled face full of... surprise? He regarded the scene desperately, before falling to Daniel's feet with a desperate barrage of questions, clutching at his jacket sleeves. Stunned, the trainer stammered out an answer.

"I-I'm Daniel Griffiths, a trainer from Unova. The year, uh-" quickly checking his Poketch, he rattled off the date before continuing; "And as for how I got here, I came to the forest looking for... excitement or adventure, I suppose? I came across this weird pool here and blacked out - I think maybe it might be giving out noxious or toxic fumes or something, we should probably move. Uhm... what about you? Who're you?" He tilted his head; he was fairly surprised to see such an old man out here at night - let alone one with another member of the Scyther family. Coincidence, he thought, rarely stretches out so far...

Last edited by JustAnotherUser; 03-25-2016 at 01:37 AM.
Old 03-28-2016, 02:19 AM   #405
Itzatrap
Volcano Badge

Quote:
The Graveyard - Please reply in silver

Itzatrap: The man sighs, defeated. He closes his eyes and massages his temples while collecting his thoughts, not even attempting to move you along for as strong a presence as he has, he somehow seems... broken. While this may seem a bit of a harsh description, you definitely sense there is something much larger than you can even hope to imagine in play here and while you're committed to helping Houndour you cannot shake a niggling suspicion that you might not be able to handle what is ahead if you choose to proceed along this path. It's quite an unnerving sensation and you can't say you like it. Eventually the man looks back at you, his gaze tired. Very, very tired.

"Can you bring back the dead?" he asks simply, his gaze locked with yours.

"Because that is what Houndour wants," the man continues. "He wants his mother back, and I want my son."

The man falls silent while you take in this new information and suddenly his demeanour makes sense to you. He is a grieving father who wants the same thing as Houndour; the return of a loved one. He is just more aware of the boundaries of life and death than the little puppy is, and your heart goes out to them both. You cannot shake the feeling there is something more to this though, and stand by the little fire pup, willing to help it track down its siblings at the very least. These thieves need to pay for what they've done,
and you know you want to be a part of that payback. The man can sense your resolve and nods.

"We may as well introduce ourselves then, it's pointless dancing around the topic when it appears neither of us are going anywhere," he says, extending his hand in welcome. "My name is Eric, and I suspect you've just had a vision of my son, Billy, when Houndour lit the fire for you. This crypt is one of several belonging to my family who have lived in this region for centuries. I am now the last of the family line, the Rochester name will die with me."

Eric Rochester, hey? There is something vaguely familiar about that name but you can't quite pinpoint it. Considering his family have lived in this area for so long and perhaps you'd just read "Rochester" on a tombstone or two and made the subconscious connection. But then again maybe not.

"There might actually be something you can do to help," Eric continues. His expression is bland, but there is an almost illegible hint of something other than grief in his tone. "I wonder if you might be able to retrieve something for me. It is an item I cannot reach, but you may be able to get to it. Would you mind lending me your assistance?"
FB Profile

Rob felt completely taken aback by the man's request. There was no possible way to fulfill this man's request, or at least that is what the trainer thought. "I'm so sorry for your loss..." was all that could immediately be said by the trainer, all four of his Pokémon echoing the trainer's thought. It was then that it hit him, while he may not be able to do what the man requested, maybe there was something he could help after all.

"What about the Houndour's siblings? Is there anything I can do about the people who caused this and to help track down the Houndour's siblings?" It was then that the man started to open up about this horrible situation, and it was as the trainer had feared. The boy from his vision was indeed the man's son and the Houndoom was the Houndour's mother. Not only that, but it seemed like the boy was the man's only family that was close to him, as he mentioned his last name. "Rochester? Where have I seen that name before..." the trainer thought to himself, tracing back to what he had just seen as it felt oddly familiar.

The feeling of sadness the trainer and his Pokémon had seemed to be put temporarily on hold as the man asked him once more to do something, giving them slight hope that they could do something for them. This time it felt that it could be something he could do, at least hopefully he wished he could. "An item he cannot reach?" the trainer thought to himself before responding, "Of course, I will do my best to help you out, Mr. Rochester. It is the least I could do to help you out and the Houndour. Right guys?" Achilles nodded vigorously before trying to walk next to Houndour to offer some comfort, just as Sisyphus and Nev neighed and growled in agreement respectively and Cadence chirped bleakly.

"Candence?" The trainer had felt that this might be too much for his fellow bird to handle, "Do you want to take a rest?" She took a second to think it over, and it would seem like that was a good idea for now as she responded positively. "Alright, I'll be sure to call you if I need your help, but for now, take a rest." And in a flash of light, the flying type Pokémon disappeared. "So, please tell me what you would like for us to do, Mr. Rochester."

Pokémon:
Nev the Snorunt
Sisyphus the Blitzle
Achilles the Riolu
Cadence the Chatot
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records