UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 05-16-2007, 09:25 AM   #301
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

Re: Pokemon diamond and pearl.

Sorry SI all I know is the magikarp dude.

Random question:
Does anyone have a abra/natu/ralts with syncronize or Adamant personality? If it's 4th gen and has just adamant and is female that works too. Or an adamant eevee? I really need an adamant ditto and I just can't find any. >_<

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 10:49 AM   #302
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoise
If it's on Emerald, clone that motherfucker. Battle Tower cloning glitch FTW.
I'd rather not risk losing my save file prior to evacuating all of the other creatures, items, and TMs to Pearl. -.- Maybe once I get everything off of Ruby and Emerald, I'll risk it with a few of (or even all of) the RSE legendaries. That way, if I lose them, :x but I wasn't going to use them anyway; and if I get the duplicates, helloooooooo, sexy GTS deals!

WTS: Kyogre @ Master Ball, WTB: Mewtwo ;)
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 11:23 AM   #303
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I woke up today at 8:30am -- something I ate last night did not agree with me, and this was the third time I'd been woken up in less than five hours. -.- I decided to stay up this time and start Pokemon training.

First, I made my way up to the base of the Stark Mountain. (Ran into Buck but turned around at exactly that moment.) Then, I decided it was time to start trying to make Togepi happy. I gave her the Soothe Bell, gave her two massages (Veilstone, Resort), and started to send her out to fight and call her back for Linoone or Torterra. Nothing doing. She still has zero hearts. Crazy.

In an effort to level her up some more (and get experience for Torterra, too), I went to the secret lake. I'd turned around last time I visited because of having no Rock Climber, but this time my Machoke was with me, so away we went. We killed quite a few Staravia and Golduck before I noticed the opening in the mountain. And in I went. A, I had no defogger. B, I saved after leaving the main entrance hall. Yeah. You can see where this is headed.

2 Super Repels and 5 minutes of frantic running in the straight-downward direction later, I found myself facing a pillar that read "3 13". The previous two I'd found had read "1 10" and "2 12". I headed down one or two more rooms, and what did I see but a massive scorpion Armaldo-like thing. I recognized this bad boy: he's one of the super-legendaries.

I've tried to catch him twice now. He's struggled to death twice. I threw a total of 42 Ultra Balls, 2 Dusk Balls, 3 Great Balls, 2 Luxury Balls, a Quick Ball, and a Nest Ball in the last battle. I threw a slightly smaller number of Ultra Balls the first time but made up for that with 5 Dusk Balls. That's 80+ balls of Ultra-calibre. What the hell.

What pisses me off is, he's not hard. Torterra is at Level 80 and uses Crunch. He has no proper effort training, just random EVs. This dude is Level 70. And yet, with two Crunches, he is brought down exactly (both times) to the tiiiiiiiiniest sliver of red health. It's perfect. Like having my own personal False Swiper that can hit ghosts. (Small spoiler. ¬_¬) He doesn't heal. He does ~30 HP damage to Torterra for some hits and ~60 HP damage for others. Not bad at all. And thanks to the fog in place, he misses all the time. (I missed sometimes, too, the first time I fought him, but I got both hits in by Turn 4.) The ONLY problem is that he refuses to get inside my Ultra Balls. 42, man ... 42 ... that's $50400. ;_;
Old 05-16-2007, 11:38 AM   #304
quilava plush
Boulder Badge

Send a message via AIM to quilava plush Send a message via MSN to quilava plush

Oh dear. No Escape Ropes? Also, the EV-reducing berries (Pomeg, Kelpsy, Qualot, Hondew, Grepa, Tamato) and poffins of Togepi's favorite flavor should help boost her happiness.

If anyone ever does the Emerald cloning glitch, be sure to migrate only one of those Pokemon at a time. On GameFAQs there was somebody that got his Pal Park screwed because he tried migrating six of the same cloned Pokemon at the same time and Pal Park kept freezing on him whenever he went into an encounter, and because you can only migrate more Pokemon when the others are caught in Pal Park... Though that isn't to say that individual clones will corrupt Pal Park, as I sent a couple of different cloned Pokemon (along with duplicated Ice Beam and Earthquake TMs) and they behaved normally.

As for my in-game progress, I've gotten to Mt. Stark but haven't done anything past that. I'm just messing around in the game since I'm not in a hurry to capture legendaries, and I'm more interested in breeding, growing berries, and getting my contest and battle tower/ingame 2.0 teams set up.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:34 PM   #305
Talon87
時の彼方へ

WARNING! Spoilers about a cool legendary's name, types, etc.
Quote:
Wow. On my third attempt to capture Giratina, he did the shake-shake-shake inside an Ultra Ball five times. On my fourth attempt? I got a weak Giratina and Crunch accidentally worked with its Def-lowering skill. :x On my fifth attempt, I finally caught him on Turn 13 inside an Ultra Ball. I think his stats are something on the low side, and his personality is Brave (+Att, -Speed), but that's okay. We'll roll with it. Giratina looks like he's meant to be used as a tank anyway, what with his 150 base HP ( ), 120 base Def, 120 base SpDef, 100 base Att, and 100 base SpAtt. You can teach him Draco Meteor if you want him to kick ass in the special department (along with the 90 power Ground special move he learns), or you can opt to go with Slash and his ghost-type Sky Attack that can't a Pokemon can't Detect or be Protected from.

And besides, he weighs a ton, almost literally! (~1650 lbs), and so I imagine that he's going to get hammered pretty badly with the grass TM that does more damage the heavier the foe. Though dragon is resistant to grass and his defenses and HP are pretty high :\ ... we'll see.

I love looking at the weight in the PokeDex (I love the PokeDex period and wish it had more features ¬_¬). Well, I bring it up because, I really encourage you guys to look at the cute thing that happens when you check out Giratina's weight. It's a much, much more dramatic version of what happens when you check out Steelix's, Golem's, or Torterra's weight, I can assure you. lol 75 pound Momoko flung into the air by 1-ton Giratina ...
SPOILERS OVER

Great news, SI. I'm back to Togetic training. Hopefully this girl will be happy real soon.

Slight kink in my promise, though -- I said any time today. Well, now, that may not be true for the time window between 5pm and 8pm EST. I'll let you know more details as they come. Hopefully, I can get the Togetic super soon and we'll be able to work from there. (I can always give it to you, too, and you can get it to your brother if you're available but he's not. He'll still get the friend code and creature and item just the same.) Whatever works. And I'm so sorry this is taking so long. Stupid legendary cave. >_<
Old 05-16-2007, 02:56 PM   #306
SulcataIxlude
Cascade Badge

Send a message via AIM to SulcataIxlude Send a message via MSN to SulcataIxlude Send a message via Yahoo to SulcataIxlude

Thats alright talon thanks again for your patience, and willingness to make her happy and such so she can have sex, make tons of togepi eggs for you to give to plenty of folks around the world. ;) Also he's available all day, so anytime your comfortable with will work for him.
SulcataIxlude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 02:59 PM   #307
Lady Kuno

Loki's Friend Code is:

2320 2820 7739

Old 05-16-2007, 03:46 PM   #308
Talon87
時の彼方へ

When are we ever going to put it to use?

Come to think of it, I still have quite a few Friend Codes that are just numbers. Like Raldath's and Skrusti's. We should probably trade crap-monsters to each other just to have the trainer i.d. and whatnot.

Also, Kuno, I'm tired of looking at the same messages about Momoko and Zschaun all the time. Want to do a Trainer Profiles thing so you show up in my world news and I show up in yours? Up to you.

Finally ... I can't seem to find Zschaun's secret base, even though I saw where he made it with my own two eyes. Does anybody know if you can only find other people's Secret Bases when they're within your local wifi range? I really miss the coolness of fighting four different trainers in four different secret bases every 24 hours on my Emerald pak. It was a fun, reliable way to get effort and massive experience points.
Old 05-16-2007, 04:06 PM   #309
Lady Kuno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87
Also, Kuno, I'm tired of looking at the same messages about Momoko and Zschaun all the time. Want to do a Trainer Profiles thing so you show up in my world news and I show up in yours? Up to you.
Sure if you want.

Old 05-16-2007, 04:29 PM   #310
Skrusti
Boulder Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87
Come to think of it, I still have quite a few Friend Codes that are just numbers. Like Raldath's and Skrusti's. We should probably trade crap-monsters to each other just to have the trainer i.d. and whatnot.
I'm open for doing that whenever. Just post on here anytime, Talon, and I can hop on Wi-Fi for some trade action xd. Just be warned I can't trade anything good yet, considering I just beat the 7th gym today. :P

Quote:
Finally ... I can't seem to find Zschaun's secret base, even though I saw where he made it with my own two eyes. Does anybody know if you can only find other people's Secret Bases when they're within your local wifi range? I really miss the coolness of fighting four different trainers in four different secret bases every 24 hours on my Emerald pak. It was a fun, reliable way to get effort and massive experience points.
You can only find someone's base if they're A) within Wifi range, and B) IN the underground. Otherwise you'll see nothing.

Also, no worries about the Dusk Ball thing. :P
Old 05-16-2007, 05:07 PM   #311
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

When you look at a Pokemon's personality, the page also says what type of Pokeblocks they like and some minute note about them like, "Likes to Run," or "Alert to Sounds." Does anyone know if that message actually means anything? Like is it linked to their personality or their IVs or is it just random?

I'm asking because it seems like 2 of my Pokemon have the same little message ('Alert to Sounds'), but have vastly different personalities (Staravia with Bashful and Geodude with Brave). This could help a lot when checking IVs and such (if it is linked to their IVs).
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 05:42 PM   #312
Blastoise
We deny our creators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quilava plush
If anyone ever does the Emerald cloning glitch, be sure to migrate only one of those Pokemon at a time. On GameFAQs there was somebody that got his Pal Park screwed because he tried migrating six of the same cloned Pokemon at the same time and Pal Park kept freezing on him whenever he went into an encounter, and because you can only migrate more Pokemon when the others are caught in Pal Park...
Never happened to me. I cloned 6 Pickup Teddiursa, a truckload of other Pokemon, etc. and have never had any problems. It's possible other factors are at work, since I've seen dumbasses on GameFAQs wonder why their china-haxxord GBA cartridges don't work with D/P =\

Quote:
"Likes to Run," or "Alert to Sounds." Does anyone know if that message actually means anything? Like is it linked to their personality or their IVs or is it just random?
The theory on Smogon is that, it takes your highest IV, finds the modulus five of that IV (eg 1%5 = 1, 2 % 5 = 2... 5 % 5 = 0 etc.), and then chooses a quote on a table for that stat using the modulus value. Not completely confirmed, however.
Old 05-16-2007, 07:24 PM   #313
quilava plush
Boulder Badge

I'm beginning to think that the whole "Everstone doesn't work with a third gen + fourth gen breeding pair" thing I read is not entirely true.

When I bred an Adamant female Heracross (w/ Everstone) migrated from Fire Red with a fourth-gen bug (I think Scyther, not that it matters though) just to trade the offspring via GTS, I got an Adamant Heracross right off the bat. When I bred for Elekids (third-gen Electabuzz + fourth-gen Adamant Ditto) last night, two of the four hatchlings were Adamant. However, after I migrated an Impish female Sandshrew to breed with a fourth-gen Dugtrio (I want to use a Sandshrew with Earthquake in the tough contest and Sandshrew are hard to find in D/P), only a few of the offspring were actually Impish (the only reason I bred so many was because I was after a female, but I eventually settled with a Bold female that came with the last two). That last time the odds were probably turned against me, but I'm pretty much convinced that the everstone still works regardless. My bad for believing it didn't. =\ Everstones not working with different region pokemon is still pretty true, as I have all of the Feebas to prove it, haha.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:56 PM   #314
Loki

Does anyone know how the new Spikes work? i.e. Toxic Spikes and Stealth Rock. Do they stack? Do they stack separately?

In other words, if I use 3 Spikes, can I also use 3 Toxic Spikes and 3 Stealth Rocks? Or am I limited to using a total of 3, as in 1 Spikes, 1 Toxic Spikes, and 1 Stealth Rock or any combination of those three? I haven't used them, so I figured it would be good to ask.

Anyway, Roserade looks like a really good Pokemon. With an ability like Natural Cure and attacks like Synthesis, Toxic Spikes, Sleep Powder, and Aromatherapy, Roserade can get pretty annoying. Granted it's not without flaws (the many weaknesses and not too amazing overall stats, although SPATK and SPDEF is quite nice), but it's definitely one of the Pokemon they made better as Roselia was pretty useless.

Also, I just remembered that since Substitute is a TM that can be taught to practically every Pokemon, we could technically breed it onto anyone from a Kecleon or Mr. Mime to save ourselves the TM.

*HINT: KUNO*
*HINT: TALON*
Old 05-16-2007, 09:33 PM   #315
Blastoise
We deny our creators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaDevourer
In other words, if I use 3 Spikes, can I also use 3 Toxic Spikes and 3 Stealth Rocks? Or am I limited to using a total of 3, as in 1 Spikes, 1 Toxic Spikes, and 1 Stealth Rock or any combination of those three? I haven't used them, so I figured it would be good to ask.
Stealth Rock: 1 layer max, 12.5% base damage modified by rock weakness/resists (e.g. Charizard takes 50% from switching in, Lucario takes 3.125%)
Spikes: 3 layers max, damage increases based on number of spikes down (don't know exact numbers), doesn't affect flying types/levitaters
Toxic Spikes: 2 layers max, first layer = regular poison second layer = toxic poison. Pokemon immune to spikes are also immune to toxic spikes

As far as I know there's no max limit, so you could have all 3 going at max if you wanted to. The odds of your opponent letting you do that, however...
Old 05-16-2007, 09:44 PM   #316
Loki

Yeah, I'd expect Rapidspin to be much more popular thanks to all of these. I mean, how annoying would it be to send out a Pokemon to take damage and get toxified.

As of right now, I like Blastoise more then Milotic xd.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:05 PM   #317
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaDevourer
Does anyone know if that message actually means anything? Like is it linked to their personality or their IVs or is it just random?
IMO, these are two separate questions, and you are probably more interested in the answer to the second question (which Blastoise offered an answer to).

As for the first question, that's easy: in Pokemon Emerald, one of the seven Battle Frontier zones was a mansion where you selected a few of your Pokemon from your team to fight "all by themselves." You selected who would lead, but after that, the control was in the hands of the A.I. And so what happened was, your team would fight the A.I.'s team but everybody would be controlled by the A.I.

Enter in these personalities. The one-word personalities (Brave, Adamant, Quirky, etc.) hold bearing on a creature's stats, but these phrase-personalities tell you verbatim how your Pokemon is going to behave in that Frontier zone. Some creatures say, "Likes to run away," and that means they probably won't fight unless they have no alternative. Some creature say, "Endures hits like a pro" (paraphrased), and that means that they can take a beating without losing morale. You see, the creatures were given morale, and depending on whether they were winning or losing, different creatures would fall victim to one of four possible outcomes:
1) they would get cocky (bad)
2) they would press forward, stronger than ever (good)
3) they would endure, even when the going got tough (good)
4) they would freak, their attacks would miss, etc. (bad)

This is why it's possible for a Timid Starmie to actually open a good can of whoopass (if his phrase-personality is something like "Gets riled up", paraphrased) while it's also possible for a Brave Lucario to run away at the first sign of trouble (if his phrase-personality is the "runs away" one).

Long story short, I think they added they added this text to the Pokemon Summary page but forgot that they weren't including a full version of Battle Frontier. -.- This would have been a handy thing to have in Emerald, but as it is, it's pretty worthless in D/P .........................................

UNLESS you and Blastoise are right, and this "phrase-personality" can be used through recursion algorithms to deduce the Pokemon's IVs.
Old 05-16-2007, 10:13 PM   #318
Talon87
時の彼方へ

If SI or Deis is reading this, ask Deis to check his PMs and get back to me via PM. Replicated below (select the text, copy it, and paste it in a word processor):
Hey, I should be able to get it if your brother posted it in the Friend Code thread. By the way (and I'll post this in the forum, too, in just a sec), here is the deal with Togepi.

GOOD NEWS: we've got babies ready for trading
GOOD NEWS: I've got one baby who has a Modest personality and Serene Grace
GOOD NEWS: I've got a female Togepi baby

BAD NEWS: the female isn't the Modest Serene Gracer. She doesn't even have Serene Grace. -.-

I hatched over 12 eggs, and only got one female. I got two Modest Serene Grace males. The only female? Some useless nature + Hustle. Oh well.

My question for you is, which would you rather have? I can give you both if you want, but only one Shiny Stone (for now). You're more than free to have both.

If you only want one, let me know which matters more to you -- having the right personality on a boy (which could be great if you didn't intend to breed Togepi to get the perfect moveset anyway) or having the right gender which will allow you to begin breeding for the perfect Togepi (if you think Togekiss really needs a breedable move, e.g. Hasty Plot).

If you happen to have any of the following, cool cool cool if you're willing to trade it over. If not, DON'T WORRY, I will take Magikarps w/ no items of any kind in exchange for these Togepi, it's not a problem:
- Charmander? (any gender)
- Squirtle? (any gender)
- Spiritomb? (")
- Mudkip? (")
- Chimchar (spare female only if you've got tons for some reason; I have a male already)
- Porygon (can he be bred? I hope so -.-)
- ????????????????????????
Old 05-16-2007, 10:30 PM   #319
Skrusti
Boulder Badge

*waves at Talon* can I get a random Togepi for a random crap Pokemon I have?
Old 05-16-2007, 11:09 PM   #320
Deis
Pokemon Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Deis Send a message via MSN to Deis Send a message via Yahoo to Deis

By the way, would anyone here like to help me trade my Elekid back and forth once hes 30? He'll be a Electabuzz then and I would like to then make him evolve into his final evo. If anyone wants to help, just let me know.

Edit: Hes now a Electabuzz. Anyone wanna trade him back and forth with me? ;)
Deis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 11:21 PM   #321
Talon87
時の彼方へ

If by random you mean "is a boy with the wrong personality," then sure. I'll go back on to the wifi thing in a few (~10) minutes.
=======================================
Traded two Togepis (my only baby female and one of my two Modest males) to Deis tonight. In return, I got a Mudkip (YES!) and a mystery egg. I'd explain more, but my keyboard is loud and my grandpa's just gone to bed not but 10 feet from here, so I have to be brief: we had a technical problem, and I'm worried that Deis might have lost the Togepi. :x We'll see. I've had this glitch happen to me 3 times on the GTS but never in a wifi Friend Code trade. The wireless is really glitchy, they need to fix this for the third title in the D/P trilogy.
I was just admiring my Seen National Dex figure of 245. What are you guys up to? Has anybody broken 400 yet?
Somebody on the GTS was offering a Giratina today in exchange for a Level 100 Lucario. I swear to God, I'm going to get a Level 100 Lucario army if it's the last thing I do!
Even though the Pokerus entered its dormant status for Staraptor, it's still going strong on Bibarel and Machoke. I hope it goes away soon -- I'm afraid to move Staraptor away from Position #4 in case Bibarel infects my Linoone in Position #3.
Buck wants to team up with me. I hate teaming up with people. >.> At least Buck's got a Levitator. -.- Everyone else so far has always been weak to my EQ.
DOES ANYBODY KNOW if we get to fight the gym leaders again, ÃÂ* la Emerald? I really liked that feature; it ought to be a permanent part of all future Pokemon games; and, frankly, they ought to make it so that you can fight them forever and not just 2-5 times.

*saw SI's anime clip for D/P*
*has the hots for Gardenia @_@*

To Deis: Whoever you can get to help you out, go for it. I for one offer to help if I'm around.
EDIT: I can get back on right now, I'll be waiting. Whoever gets there first, Deis or Skrusti.

To quilava_plush: what time tomorrow works well for you to get back your Metal Coat? Any preference as to which creature it comes riding in on?

SIGNING OFF FOR THE NIGHT, if I don't see Deis or Skrusti within 10 minutes of finishing the previous dude's trade -OR- by 12:55am (whichever comes first), I'm off.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:24 PM   #322
Deis
Pokemon Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Deis Send a message via MSN to Deis Send a message via Yahoo to Deis

Thanks Talon, I appreciate it. And don't worry I got both Togepis right now and plan on leveling my Male one really soon. When do you think you can help me trade my Electabuzz and if now works than that would be great. Otherwise just tell me when you can and we'll see what happens.
Deis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 10:18 AM   #323
quilava plush
Boulder Badge

Talon, would at least 7 CST onwards be good? I should be here all night. I don't mind getting a crap Pokemon, and if you still need it, I have that spare Spiritomb (or whatever else is on my trade list). Just a warning that I may not be able to do voice chat since I'm kinda congested at the moment.

I'll be hopping on the Togekiss bandwagon as soon as I raise my contest Pokemon and plan out my first online/second ingame team (Absol, Arcanine/Ninetales, Togekiss, Leafeon, something or another... there's still too many Pokemon I wanna try out). My Colosseum Togetic has been ready to boink a Modest Ditto (yes, I can do handouts), just too occupied with other ingame things.

Toph the Sandshrew has all of her contest moves. Now to make and stuff her full of sour poffins. Still need to wait for a Farfetch'd swarm (for cool contest) and a second Spinda swarm, the latter for a male (which I forgot to catch -_-) to get Faint Attack and Psych Up on a smart Vulpix. Don't wanna level up a migrated one. >_>
Old 05-17-2007, 01:24 PM   #324
Talon87
時の彼方へ

8pm EST should work. I don't see why not. I just have to remember + keep everything straight. So much on my plate now because those two guys (XP XP XP) didn't show up last night. Either of them. I waited until 12:55am, disconnecting for just 30 seconds twice just in case the WiFi was being stupid and wasn't connecting me properly to them or something. No dice. Nobody ever showed. So ...

- I have a Togepi for Skrusti, if he wants a male with Hustle (no dice for a female with Serene Grace w/ a good personality, that was HELL trying to even get one female for Thad, and it ended up having the wrong personality -.-)

- I have a Graveler for Thad if he wants to trade me his Electabuzz, and then return the Golem to me in exchange for his Electivire

- I have your Metal Coat, ready to ride in atop a ... whatever. I got a female Japanese Spiritomb, bitches ;3, so I won't need the Spiritomb anymore. ^_^; I also got a Mudkip from Thad. So my list of needs is sort of lower, now. Mostly legendaries. XD + ;_; *siiiiiiiiiiigh*, how am I ever going to get the legendary birds? -_-; I don't have a friend who just HANDS THEM OUT LIKE WATER like Kuno does. XP

- I still want to trade profiles and such with Kuno, Skrusti, people. Need to do that.

- I also need to breed that Larvitar for Kuno, whoops ...
Old 05-17-2007, 01:49 PM   #325
quilava plush
Boulder Badge

In that case, still need a Charmander? I have enough time to dish one out. Otherwise, I don't mind cloning my birds from XD. (Natures may not be satisfactory, but at least there's dex completion?)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON