UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Fanart & Fanfiction

Old 12-25-2014, 08:14 AM   #1
Hanatori
Skippy.

Delibird Secret Santa 2014: Flooding Yooooouuuu

Blame Kamen for the thread title, I peeked in his art thread and the comment about posting hi-res Santa presents and it got that Darkness song about believing in love stuck in my head for three days. I could have just used phwofpes's suggestion of "The Unwrappening"....

Anyway, are you ready for some presents? Because you'd better be ready for some presents.
Hanatori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 08:23 AM   #2
Hanatori
Skippy.

Delibird

Kicking things off here with a really kind of magical writing request, made by lilbleucorsola and carried out by Marion Ette! When asked about her story, ME said various things, like "Merry Corsolamas, Yukiiiii! *Hug*" and "So... I had tons of ideas for this prompt. Unfortunately, given the time constraints, only a few really made it in." and "Consider this a pilot episode, rather than the whole series; I do intend to gradually edit it, expand on it and give it the full treatment if it meets with positive reviews."

Spoiler: show
THE SKY LORD'S DAUGHTERS – EPISODE 1

Long ago, there was a sailor who spent his life on a small boat with his daughter. The pair lived together simply, but happily, with the sea's bounty to provide for them. With the blue sky above, the precious sea below, and the reassuring presence of one another, he and his daughter found themselves wanting for nothing. They never expected their beloved ocean to turn on them the way it did that fateful Summer night, with winds far faster and waves far stronger than any they had seen before. It was a night beyond anything even the modern imagination could contrive... A swallowing, seething, terrifying monster of a storm. The daughter looked to her father for guidance, but despite his best efforts, the boat was tossed helplessly about, until it ultimately capsized. Even as talented swimmers and divers, the strength of the waves was too much for them, and the sailor was dashed against some nearby boulders, his blood seeping into the ocean like a deep, red fog. When the poor young daughter attempted to lift his body from the rocks, she found herself writhed and twisted by the waves, before she eventually blacked out.

As if by a miracle, the daughter awoke the next morning, water-logged, sand-soaked and hacking what felt like buckets of brine from her lungs. It was the first time she had ever been on land, and her legs wobbled terribly as she attempted to steady herself on the beach. Her father's body did not appear to be anywhere nearby, but her attention was captivated by a tower upon the island that appeared to reach into the clouds. Her father once told her that those who meet the end of their lives in the sea eventually turn into a fine mist and rise to the clouds... Perhaps, if she could climb that tower, she would find where her father had gone, and perhaps even join him. After all, what did she have left if her vessel was broken, her father was gone and the sea she had loved had turned on her so? There was nowhere left for her to go but to the sky.

Ascending the tower was no easy feat, and the weathered girl considered turning back many times, but she continued to press on. When the ledges were too high, she prayed to the wind to give her strength in her leaps. When the paths were too narrow, she prayed to the water to allow her to squeeze through the smallest spaces. And when the trek seemed too tough, and her strength seemed to fail her... she prayed to her father for the will to keep going.

Eventually, the young girl made her way to the very top of the tower, after many days of ascension with practically no food or water. It was there that she met the Great Lord of the Sky, who was intrigued by this little visitor who had come so far to see him. He asked her if she had come to have her wish granted. In the now-ancient language that the young girl spoke, she uttered simply that she wished only to see the sailor whom she called father, and had hoped to find him among the clouds. The Great Lord, whom we know today as Rayquaza, was sincerely moved by the quiet strength of the young girl who stood before him, so much so that her fortitude inspired a powerful shift in his very being; when the Great Lord had finished transforming, he spoke these words:

“I am the Father of the Endless Sky. The clouds are my children. You, who have ascended the heavens with a pure heart and a clear mind – you shall be known henceforth as my daughter, and I will be your father. From this day forward, we will share in each other's strength. As you have transformed me, so I shall transform you.”

It is said that Rayquaza's transformation was the first instance of Mega Evolution in the world, but while the fable has survived, the true meaning behind Rayquaza's words has been lost to time... Until now.

Squinting through dense canopies, I watched the remaining shreds of daylight vanish from between the leaves of Fortree City's famous foliage, until the thick shade cooling my skin deepened to a more complete darkness. I breathe a heavy sigh. The journey had already been taxing on both my beloved starter and myself, but I was determined to reach the city before the sun set; when my legs gave out, she levitated me the rest of the way, but such a feat was incredibly taxing on her mental reserves. By the time we reached the city limits, both of us were ready to collapse, and the pair of us promptly did so on a bench outside the Fortree City Pokemon Center.

My Gardevoir politely shook her head when I initially asked her if she would like to go inside. Despite the rigorous battles and psychic strain she had experienced on the way, it took a great deal more for Belle to agree to any treatment beyond a bit of fresh air and rest. Even as a Ralts, she preferred time and meditation to potions of any kind. As a rookie trainer, I would fight these inclinations, fearing that lack of treatment would lead to some sort of permanent damage, but four years of travel have broadened my mind, and changed the way I think about a lot of things... especially about the way I treat Belle. More companion than minion, it is hard to look at such a graceful, talented being and think of her as anything less than an equal, with thoughts and opinions of her own. If anything, she is superior in many ways... but far be it from her to ever show it.

As night falls, I can feel her mind reaching deep into my heart, searching my feelings... Something is clearly there, if I can feel her rooting about. With a soft gesture of the hand, she motions toward the Pokemon Center, and rests her other hand on mine. I do not have her talent, and often must awkwardly guess at her feelings, but the message seems pretty clear tonight – she seems to believe I am in need of a deeper rest than a park bench can provide. With a nod, I lift my aching body up, but before I can even take a step in the right direction, a look of what I can only describe as dread very quickly crosses Belle's eyes. Though she attempts to hide whatever came over her from me, her efforts to control the situation are already too late. With a low voice, I attempt to calmly confront her.

“What's the matter, Belle? I saw you looking at the Pokemon Center like something was wrong... Everything all right?”

Belle's expression clearly looks nervous, but she motions toward the center again, taking my hand... I can feel the thin, green fingers trembling. I try to muster as much courage as I can in my heart, in hopes that she can feel it. With a resolute nod, I try to walk through the double-doors with as much bravado as I can, in spite of my fatigue. My dearest friend and most vicious rival, Yuina, always used to say that I was a fool when it came to situations like this, never really comprehending danger until it was too late. I remember her admonishments when we were growing up, and shake my head. Sometimes, you have to be strong and fearless, even if it doesn't really make sense to be. At least, that's what I used to say to her, before I inevitably ran head-first into a situation I regretted later on.

As soon as I've made it into the lobby, the resident nurse looks up and, upon noting the Gardevoir at my side, turns back to me. “Pardon me, miss, but would you happen to be Shiori?”

“I am, indeed,” I respond somewhat warily. I sense Belle's trembling has increased.

“Oh, perfect! We were told this morning to be lookout for a trainer with a Gardevoir who needs to receive an important message. That must be you!” Though the nurse smiles cheerfully, I can already tell that something in her mind is setting Belle off. Taking a protective stance in front of me, she reaches out to receive the letter in my stead, not bothering to give me the opportunity to protest. The nurse laughs, somewhat condescendingly, at Belle's attempts at receiving the page that slowly issues forth from the printer beside the nurse.

“I'm sorry, sweetie, but this letter is addressed to your trainer, not to you! My, but you are a pretty one, though!” The nurse giggles, and I swear I feel the heat of Belle's anger radiating from her body. Graceful empath though she was, not even her recent evolution had managed to curb her temper. She retracts her hand only to violently thrust it out again, the red of her eyes sparking with energy. With a nervous laugh, I poke my head up from over her shoulder.

“Just give it to her, ma'am. She... uh... she just loves getting fanmail!” I try to sound carefree and amused, but my absolute terror at the prospect of a confrontation accentuates every syllable.

“Fanmail, huh?” The nurse chuckles before handing the letter to Belle. “I bet! You look the type!”

“Ha-ha... yeah... Well, we both would like to take a room for the night, so-”

Belle floats in front of me and shakes her head, holding the letter in front of me. Though she likely cannot read what the words say, whatever sense she had gotten before we entered the Pokemon center clearly related to the parchment in her shaking hands. Taking the letter from her, I pause for a moment to read its contents:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ”The Letter”
My Dear Shiori,

I sincerely hope that you and Belle are having wonderful adventures together, and that this letter finds you in good health and elevated spirits. Given the nature of what has recently occurred at home, I am afraid that I must be brief, and save the catching-up for another time. Rest assured, however, that I want to hear all about your travels and what you've been up to!

Allow me to get straight to the point. Yesterday, I was supposed to help Mom in the lab yesterday after work, as I normally do before my night class, but when I knocked on the door, nobody answered. I tried calling her on her Pokenav and even went to the house to look for her, but she was nowhere to be found. I took the spare lab key, and when I went inside my mom's office, I found her purse and lab keys on the desk. Her stuff is usually a mess, so I had a hard time telling if there was a struggle or not, but something isn't right. I have contacted the police, but they seem disinterested at best. I am frustrated and unsure of what to do. I've considered attempting to call on this “Midnight Angel” that the news keeps talking about, but I wouldn't even know how. Besides, I don't know how much trust I can put in a teenage girl in a costume. Superheroes and heroines in this day and age? I guess weirder things have happened... but I digress.

I really would like to see Yuina home. I think it would help if you came, too, Shiori... You have always been such a kind, supportive friend to both of us. Besides, it might ease my sister's mind if she has the assurance that her rival isn't getting ahead of her while she comes back home to sort this horrible situation out. I can practically hear you laughing, Shiori, but you know it's true!

I wish I could summon you under better circumstances. Worried as I am, I really do look forward to seeing you. I have already paid for a Pelipper to fly you to the new house in Fallarbor, so don't worry about having to make the trip.

Best Wishes and Fondest Regards,

Arisa

P.S. If you're reading this, it's because you missed me trying to call your Pokenav at least 5 times. Both you and Yuina never pick up!! Gosh!!
Instinctively flipping open my Pokenav, I see that Arisa had been right... Six calls, all missed in the rush of the day's travels. Belle and I had been so distracted with our journey that we didn't even think there could be an emergency in need of our attention. Arisa and Yuina's mother wasn't just an old friend of the family, though that alone would be reason enough to rush to her aid. Professor Ayahana went as far as to hand-pick our starter Pokemon for us when Yuina and I set out on our journey and Arisa began her studies as a Pokemon medical technician; without her, Belle and I would never have been matched in the first place. With a quick apology to the nurse, I rescind my request for a room and instead make my way to the cheerful looking Pelipper waiting out back. As fast as flying could be, I knew that this trip would be a long one.

When the Pelipper finally landed in Fallarbor town, night still loomed over Hoenn, and my body felt as though it could collapse. The entire ride, Belle had clung to me, though I had a difficult time telling if it was from fear of falling, or a need to protect me... perhaps a bit of both. The look in her eyes was still deeply distraught, and troubled me greatly, but how could I comfort her if her fears were of something I couldn't even begin to perceive? And even if I could... I always leave the future to Belle. The present is more than enough to deal with for me. I try to think of something comforting to say, but just the act of walking is already burning what energy I have left, and I can tell that Belle knows how concerned I am... She always does.

The pair of us make our way in silence from the Fallarbor Pokemon Center to the address of the Ayahana family's new home. It had only been a year since they had moved, thanks to Professor Ayahana's extensive research on one of an entire deposit of newly-discovered stones that were suspected to have a use for Mega Evolution – it was her expert analysis (and a little bit of luck) that led to the pairing of this particular stone to Arisa's Audino, which led to the subsequent renaming of the stone to Audinite. Perhaps in the wake of this new discovery, as a way to honor the accomplishments of her hometown, a mysterious woman in an gorgeous dress that appeared to be inspired by Mega Audino's beauty had been appearing around town, helping those in need and saving people and Pokemon from the brink of death before disappearing into the night. “The Midnight Angel”, as the local media had dubbed her (Ugh, could you get more cliché?), looked quite suspiciously like Arisa to both myself and Yuina... but no one else saw the resemblance, for some weird reason. Maybe it was the makeup? The pink, wing-like clips in her hair? Who knew that such minor things could conceal an identity so completely? It was mind-boggling. Regardless, if Arisa really was the Midnight Angel, and she needed our help... The situation was dire, indeed.

It only takes one knock at the front door before it flies open, and before I can even take off my shoes, I find myself suddenly engulfed by a lily-white pair of skinny, yet incredibly strong arms. “SHIORIIIIIII~!” Yuina cries out, as a splash of her shiny black hair falls in my face, my ribs practically collapsing at the strength of her embrace. “I haven't seen you since we battled outside Petalburg! How have you been, girl? It's been so long! I hate you! You need to be around more! Fucking hell, Shiori! You have to battle me and Jasmine RIGHT NOW!” Yuina moves her arms away to give Belle an equally powerful hug, which she similarly attempts to endure. As Yuina pulls away from my Gardevoir, she gives the stoic-looking Absol by her side a brief look, but ultimately heaves a deep sigh. “Well... Actually, I might need to do a rain check on that. You got the letter, right?”

“Yeah, I did... I'm here to help in any way that I can.” As I speak, Jasmine has already positioned her head beneath my fingers, with a look in her red eyes that clearly communicates the thought, Pet me immediately or I shall never forgive you. A few gentle scratches behind the horn, and I am spared the Absol's wrath. As Yuina withdraws, I can see, standing a few paces behind her, the beautiful Arisa is still red from hearing her darling little sister swear... Yet, it's obvious from the dark circles under her eyes that there is too much weighing on her to waste precious time reviving that argument. Little Enjeru, the famous Audino of Fallarbor town, tilts his head and regards me with quiet curiosity, maintaining his stance beside his trainer.

“Shiori, it's so good to see you again,” Arisa exclaims in a much calmer, more gentle voice – when she approaches me, her embrace is briefer, softer. Enjeru toddles behind, and manages a small wave with a paw in my direction. “We've all missed you very much, as I'm sure you can tell by Yuina's... enthusiasm.” Arisa does not waste the opportunity to give her sister a stern look before continuing, her look melting into one of concern; “Gosh, Shiori, you look exhausted.”

“Haha, well -” Before I can even attempt to politely dissuade Arisa and assure her of my unfailing strength, Belle nods vigorously, moving her hands up and resting her cheek against them, pantomiming sleep. “Belle, really, I'm fine-”

Belle shakes her head and crosses her arms. Arisa cannot help but giggle the slightest bit, and makes a motion toward the guest room. Yuina, taking the more direct approach, sneaks behinds me and gives a resolute shove in the right direction. “Then to bed with you, missy,” she announces with a puffed chest and a faux-demanding tone. “Arisa and I can handle things while you get some sleep. In the morning, we can catch you up on what we've found. Hopefully, there will be a lot to say!”

“Mm, yeah...” I haphazardly attempt to take off my shoes, nearly falling over in the process. With some steadying from Yuina and Belle, I remember putting my shoes aside, wandering toward the bedroom, and then the serene embrace of nothingness.

I awoke to the sharp feeling of a kick in the ribs through a pile of blankets.

“SHIORI! SHIORI! Dammit, Shiori! What does it take to wake you up?” Another sharp kick.

“Ow! OW! Stop it! ...Yuina?” Shooting upright, I give the dark-haired girl raising her leg for another kick an incredibly sharp glare. “What are you doing?”

“Well, I WAS looking for a Miltank prod a moment ago. You're lucky the kicking worked,” the brown-eyed assailant gives me a spritely little laugh, which does little to provoke any amusement on my part.

“If that's a comment on my weight, I swear to Arceus...” As I lift an angry fist, Yuina practically jumps back in shock. Certainly, she wasn't intimidated by my threatening gesture – Yuina could kick my ass any day of the week despite being shorter and skinnier than me, and she knew it – but the accusation immediately provokes an apologetic look.

“No, no! That's not what I meant at all! Sorry...” Yuina scratches the back of her head, her posture betraying her embarrassment. “You know I wouldn't say something like that.”

“But you WOULD kick me in the stomach while I'm sleeping.”

“Yes, indeed!” Yuina's grin immediately returns. “I would, and I did.”

“What the hell is wrong with you?!” My bewildered gaze is met with surprise.

“What?! Don't tell me you forgot!” Yuina grabs me by my arm, ignoring that my hand is still balled into a fist, and attempts to forcefully yank me out of my bed – succeeding halfway before going tumbling backward into a nearby bookcase, sending some books flying in the process. Yuina's statement immediately brings the memory back, and I jolt out of bed.

“Oh, shi-” I catch myself, noting Arisa popping her head in the doorway. “-iiiDINJA! That's right!”

Arisa smiles brightly. “Goood morning, Shiori! Belle is already in the kitchen waiting for you with Enjeru and Jasmine. We got her some Pokefood for lunch – Sinnoh Sunshine Brand – I hope you don't mind!”

“If she doesn't mind, I don't,” I respond with a smile, before I realize what was just said. “Wait, lunch? How long did I sleep?” A quick look at the clock beside the bed reveals that we are well into the afternoon. Feeling rather embarrassed for having slept the day away, my immediate reaction is to waste no more of my friends' precious time. “Well, never mind that. I want to hear everything about your investigation. Did you find her?”

Yuina and Arisa exchange a worried glance, with Yuina taking the initiative to confirm my suspicion; “Not yet.” A playful smirk makes its way across her face. “That said, I did find some... interesting things in the lab, though. I want you to come take a look as soon as you can.” Yuina winks toward her sister, who clearly appears to be feigning confusion.

“Yeah, sure, as soon as I get dre-” I look down, realizing that I don't need to finish my statement, as I had apparently been so exhausted that I had fallen asleep dressed in trainer's garb. A quick comb-through of my pixie cut with my fingers, and I'm more or less ready... certainly not for a date, or really any sort of meaningful public appearance, but this was an emergency. “Actually, let's go. Your mom needs us.”

Stepping into Professor Ayahana's new lab for the first time, I find myself overloaded by the sights and sounds – the detailed anatomical posters of various Pokemon on the walls, the rows of samples and rock-like objects on benches, the massive chrome instruments, the buzzing, beeping computers, the pristine shelves with every single test tube in its rightful place -- one would never know that the professor was infamously disorganized by the look of the laboratory. Compared to the tiny extention to the old Ayahana residence, with its single, outdated computer, cluttered lab bench and cheap shelving units that sagged under the weight of all the equipment piled on them, this new setup was downright magical.

After a brief moment of fumbling with an Audino keyring whose burden rivals a Klefki swarm, Arisa unlocks her mother's personal office, and encourages us to walk inside. It seems that all the mess hidden from view in the lab proper has taken residence inside the office, where the familiar paper piles, sagging shelves and old, dusty computer seem to have held on. A cursory glance reveals nothing out of the ordinary, though Yuina is quick to pick up a small notebook on her mother's desk, waving it in my face. The pink, spiral-bound notebook clearly has the words “AUDINO RESEARCH, PART TWO” written in clear, deliberate, feminine script... The type of writing only Arisa was capable of. The older sibling had yet to notice, however, and appeared to be searching intently.

“I think there's something here that mom might have wanted us to find-”

“What's this, then, Arisa?” Yuina holds up the notebook. “Doesn't look like my mom's handwriting...”

Arisa immediately blushes, attempting to take the notebook from Yuina. “Come on, sis! That's not important to the case-”

“Aaaaaaaaa-riiiiiiiiii-saaaaaaaaaa,” Yuina croons, “Could it be that your deep, dark secret that neither of us could possibly know is in this notebook? You know, the one that involves pictures that are CLEARLY of you in the newspaper, but no one seems to acknowledge it because of all the makeup and whatnot you have on? Shiori and I CERTAINLY know nothing about it. Mm-hm!”

I sarcastically nod along with Yuina, much to Arisa's irritation.

“Hmph! You two knew all along? Why didn't you say anything?”

Yuina shrugs. “Look, Arisa, what you do at night in a sexy Audino costume is none of my business-”

“YUINA!”

I can't help but chime in; “We are proud of you no matter how you choose to live your life! Let your freak flag fly, Midnight Angel.”

“SHIORIII!”

“Arisa...” Yuina's face softens a bit. “What we mean is... We trust that, whatever you're doing, it's the right thing... Even if we don't fully understand it. But given what's happened, the secrecy has to end.”

Arisa lowers her eyes, eventually nodding. “You're right. I knew there would come a day that I would need to call upon you both to help me, but... I had hoped it wouldn't be this soon, or this personal. My hope was to keep you both out of danger as long as I could. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have kept the secret from you...” She pauses, with a bit of a grimace, “...even if you already knew.”

“Apology accepted!” Yuina gives her sister a thumbs up. “So, how can we help?”

Arisa moves beside her sister, opening the book in Yuina's hands and flipping to a particular page. Pointing to where she wants her sister to begin, I move to the other side of Yuina in order to peer over her shoulder. While the two of us read the story of the ill-fated sailor and his daughter who ascends the Sky Tower, Arisa digs her way through one of her mother's desk drawers. Out of the corner of my eye, I watch her slip what appears to be a gold pendant over Yuina's neck, before doing the same to me. I finish the story just in time to observe her clasping a thin, gold bracelet with an odd-looking gem around my Gardevoir's arm, and affixing a similar one to one of Jasmine's paws. Though Belle is quietly contemplative regarding her new adornment, the ferociously competitive Jasmine is not really the meditative sort. With a sharp cry, the creature lifts her arm, activating what appears to be Absolite... but it is Yuina who begins to take on a strange glow.

“Oh my gosh, Jasmine, you can't give me five minutes to explain this?!” Arisa can't help but chuckle. Though Yuina seems quite shocked as the transformation envelops her, and rightfully so, I can't help but think that if the roles were reversed, Jasmine would be sprouting wings faster than you could say, “What tutorial?”

We both observe Yuina's pitch-black hair turn a stark white, save for a small streak in the center of her bangs and on the left side of her head. Beautiful white wings sprout from her back, as her sporty red tank-top becomes a brilliant white, fluffy bodice. Her black biker shorts flare out into a feathered white skirt, with a black bat-wing accent in the back. Even her combat boots turn the lovely color of her Absol's fur, taking on claw-like appendages in the front and back, similar to her Absol's claws. Gloves appear on her hands which provide a similar effect, the white fabric ending above the elbow. As the glow fades, her newly-red eyes become clear, and I can see that tiny fangs have replaced Yuina's teeth.

“What... what happened to me?” Yuina admires herself in what she can make out of her reflection in the black computer monitor. “Damn, I look hot!”

“Didn't you read the story?” Arisa crosses her arms. “It's like it says. Mega Evolution works both ways. Our Pokemon have the power to transform us, just as we transform them. This is the ethical alternative to Burst Forms that Mom has been trying to discover for ages... No longer do we have to cage our Pokemon eternally in stones to harness their abilities! With enough love, they will willingly transfer their powers to us, for a time.” Arisa wiggles her clenched fists and jumps up and down, vibrating with excitement. “Isn't it awesome?! Shiori, you next! You next! I can't wait to see!”

“Uh...” Halfway due to self-consciousness, and halfway from being dumbfounded by Yuina's gorgeous transformation, Arisa is met with heavy hesitation of my part. “Um... How about you first, Arisa? I, uh... I wanna make sure I do... that I do it right. Yeah.”

“No worries!” Arisa wastes no time ordering Enjeru to transform her into the woman whose face graced every cover of magazines in the Pokemart check-out line, but as glorious as Arisa's pink, angelic transformation is, my mind is elsewhere... Surely, this power went beyond just a pretty dress, but Yuina and Arisa were naturally beautiful in whatever they wore. Me, twenty pounds overweight and barely able to understand the most basic emotions of my Pokemon... Was I really cut out for this kind of thing? The girls on TV were always skinny... pristine... confident. No matter what the form was that Belle was able to give me, I would never be able to carry it with her grace...

“Your turn.”

I take a deep breath, and think as loud as I can... Please make me beautiful, Belle. Please make me beautiful.

Belle's eyes glow with psychic energy, and so, too, does my body. My jeans turn to putty, forming a puffed-out miniskirt in the shape of Mega Gardevoir's gown. A white corset cinches my ribs worse than any hug that Yuina could give me, and I cry out in pain as a red, butterfly-like appendage bursts forth from my chest, as if it were made from my very heart. I can feel the thing pulsing, faster and faster, as my anxiety reaches its peak: elegant gloves, a deep green hairstyle, and thin white boots complete the look, and even as the glow around me fades, my chest still feels as if it had been completely and utterly cut open. It hurts... Oh, Arceus, it hurts...

I see that my arms still sag with the extra weight. My legs still look thicker than they should. My waist, though cinched, is still considerably larger than Yuina's or Arisa's... And yet, Yuina looks at me with total awe.

“My Arceus... You look amazing.” Yuina blinks. “Oh, wow! Shiori! I can't even believe it! Look at yooooooou~!”

“I know. I look ridiculous. And this... thing...” I point to the red butterfly in the center of my chest.

“It's the source of your power, I'd wager,” Arisa interjects. “Sort of like my angel clips... If I focus through them, deep into my temples, I can channel Enjeru's healing power. Try to focus energy into your heart. Please, I know it's strange at first, but this is really important. If my theory is correct, you can use your power to figure out where our mother is. Try to visualize her in your mind.”

“And you DON'T look ridiculous.” Yuina motions with her hand as if brushing away my insecurities... and, in some ways, she does, if only for that brief moment. It is enough to inspire me to try.

At first, every attempt to focus energy into the red protrusion results in a massive amount of pain. It takes all my strength not to double over... Wincing hard, I try once, twice, three times.

“Ugh... I don't know if I can-”

A sudden wave of energy hits me. A feeling. An emotion... A strange mix of worry and admiration. These feelings are not my own, and yet, I feel them more strongly than anything my own heart has ever produced. It does not take me long to realize that these must be Belle's feelings. Worry for what danger I may face... and admiration for being able to take on her strength. I try to think – how would their mother likely be feeling? Scared... alone... worried for her daughters, especially Arisa-

The vision comes, and I am ready to play my part.

It doesn't take us long to find our way to the abandoned house that had briefly flashed in my mind, our Pokemon following along, silently observing our progress. The girls and I had debated whether I had the power teleport everyone there, but all my intense, meditative focusing just made me feel light-headed and a little gassy, and nowhere closer to where we needed to be. My attempts at levitation did make me feel a little bit lighter... though that could have just been my imagination. Pausing at the front door, Arisa turns to her sister.

“Yuina... This is where I need you.”

“Oo, sweet! What special power do you think I have? The ability to sense catastrophe? Attunement to darkness? Brooding, fallen seraph type of stuff? Two-winged angel?”

“No, I just need you to beat up any thugs that might try to get in our way. You have claws, right?”

“...Oh. Yeah.” Yuina shrugs, admiring the pointy claws at the tip of her gloves. “At least I'll be pretty doing it.”

“Shiori, if you can use your powers to stop enemies or shield us, try attempting that, as well. We really don't know the extent of what we can do yet, so try your best, girls! Believe in yourselves, and in our friendship!”

“...Did I really just hear you say that? Did you just go full Sailor Moon? NEVER go full Sailor Moon.”

Arisa rolls her eyes. “Please break down the door.”

“Can do!” With a strong punch, the door falls down, revealing only cobwebs and empty rooms.

“Hold up.” Stepping inside carefully, I can sense some strong emotions coming from beneath the floor. Following the sense, I approach a small tear in the worn, threadbare carpet of what appears to be a former living-room area, and one small tug at the tear reveals exactly what I expected to find – a trapdoor.

We steel ourselves for the task, ordering our Pokemon to join us as we descend into the pit below. Given that our costumes didn't really lend themselves to stealth operations, it seemed to make sense that we would drop right in, magical guns a-blazing.

The three of us landed in a rather unceremonious pile on what appeared to be a large desk, which separated Professor Ayahana from what appeared to be a masked interrogator in a grey suit. In fact, the five or six grunts surrounding him all seemed to be wearing similar grey attire, suggesting some kind of evil organization. The men in grey are oddly difficult to read emotions from, but Professor Ayahana's fear broadcasts loud and clear. Yuina gets to her feet first, and with true magical girl form and finesse, kicks the guy right in the nuts. Simple, but effective. The other goons draw their Pokeballs, but I am ready.

“GUARDIAN SHIELD!” I don't really need to shout anything, but it feels right. I throw up a shimmering pink reflect, just like what Belle would do, and protect my friends as they greet Professor Ayahana.

“MOM!” The two girls embrace their mother, who wraps an arm around each of them, clearly relieved to see them. Though I can tell that they would stay in that embrace forever, the pair sense that I am straining against the reflect, and insist that we escort her out the back door as soon as possible, with our Pokemon following close behind. We push our way past the grunts in a glorious battle montage, complete with music and flashing orbs and magical attacks – the kind where nothing really makes sense, but no one really argues it, because it's MAGICAL LOVE PRISM FRIENDSHIP HEART OF THE CARDS! Eh, I guess you had to be there.

As we escape the abandoned house and gradually shift back into our original clothes, Arisa and Yuina are laughing with their mother, who dotes on them for having adapted so well to their new talents. She couldn't be more proud, she says. This is the start of a brand new life for us, she says. We're heroes, she says. The girls seem too excited about their mother's return to even begin asking questions right now... and though they hang precariously from my tongue, I find it hard to ask them right now. This moment is like a dream, and it would be a shame to wake them... but what I sensed from those men in grey didn't seem right.

Fade out. A moment of black, before a bright, blaring series of overly saccharine and feminine visuals assaults your eye, accompanied by a Japanese theme song about... I dunno, love? Friendship? Hell if I can translate any of it.

Wow, those girls sure got Professor Ayahana out of trouble in the nick of time, didn't they? But who were those mysterious men in grey? What did they want with Professor Ayahana? What mysteries will the girls solve next? Find out next wee- er, well, whenever the writer decides to rewrite and add more to this drivel – next time, on TEAM M.E.G.A. (Magically Evolving Girl Alliance, of course)!
Old 12-25-2014, 08:27 AM   #3
Hanatori
Skippy.

Delibird

Okay I admit it I'm just posting what popped into my inbox this morning, albeit out of order. We have a wild card request here, coming from DaisyInari to Sparkbeat, and I gotta wonder, does everyone who takes a wild card fashion some guesses about who it is? I don't get that luxury as the showrunner, wah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkbeat
Murkrow + Jigglypuff (Not combined, just something with both)
Old 12-25-2014, 08:33 AM   #4
Hanatori
Skippy.

Delibird

And to complete that trio of most recent arrivals is a... hey, that's my writing request! Cool! I'm going to read this when I'm not groggy and un-deteriorating. Hold on, let me try to make sure I don't look at it when I paste it, don't want to spoil the ending though the ending is technically already spoiled by the prompt... thanks, Sparkbeat! Wait, hold on, there's some commentary, like, "I sort of just wanted to let this story take me wherever, since in my friends group at least, they all say I'm funnier when I don't necessarily try to be."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanatori
It has to begin with two trainers chilling in a Secret Base, and it has to end with both of them getting in trouble with the law. The rest is up to you, writer!
"Brendan...you're friends with, um, May, right?" asked a quiet, shaky voice from the boy sitting on the couch.

"Well, I don't know her too well. I kind of just moved to the region 22 hours ago. Just because I'm the Pokémon League Champion doesn't mean I know everything about Hoenn," came the reply from across the room, where Brendan was kneeling, digging around in the small fridge that he kept all his Secret Bases's refreshments in. "By the way, how did you become a complete badass by the time I saw you in Victory Road."

"How did you surpass you're father's entire life's work in less than half a day?"

"Touché, touché," said Brendan as he laid down on the couch across from Wally with a self-sponsored bottle of mineral water in hand. "Damn, I can't believe those idiots at the taste-testing company Ingesting Goods Nightly gave my Cool Contest themed 100% Hoenn sparkling mineral water a 7.8/10. Too much water? We're on an island for Mesprit's sake. Water's kinda the point."

"Uhm, Brandan, what's a Mesprit?" Wally asked, eyebrows narrowed in confusion.

"Ya know, the emotion Pokemon or something."

"I've never heard of a Pokemon like that in Hoenn..."

"Oh yeah, you can't summon a Latias to ride around Hoenn on. Keep forgetting most other people besides me and Steven Senpai can't do that. You also don't have a National Dex, so makes sense you don't know about any Pokemon not in Hoenn."

"There are Pokemon that aren't in Hoenn?"

"There there poor, wimpy Wally, not everyone can be the chosen one," came the reply as Brendan went to fetch his acquaintance a bottle of mineral water. "Drink this, it'll probably help with that."

Wally reached out to catch the bottle before staring down at the drink in his hands. Brendan's face was plastered all over it, some with him in his normal, strange headwear, but some with him in his contest uniform. It was also filled with quotes like, "With Brendan's Cool Mineral Water, you'll be getting even more than 252 EV's in all your stats!" and "This water takes you one step closer to saving the world, just like Brendan did a couple hours ago!" With a sigh, Wally opened it and took a sip. Yep, definitely 7.8/10.

"Anyways, back to May. What do you think I could do to...well, you know...get her to like me?" Wally asked sheepishly, his face showing trace amounts of pink here and there.

"Well, first off, you and her having a thing could be risky. I mean, I've only existed in it for a few hours, but from what I can tell, the plot reaaallly wants her to be with me. That would be all fine and dandy, except for the fact she's a complete paste-eater with an IQ of 5, max. So, if you could get her off my hide, that'd be amazing. Given her mental capacity, she'll probably be enthralled by anything shiny. That'd explain why she started showing up more often once I got my Mega Ring. Hey, you have one of those, so that's probably enough."

"Aw, I should've taken some of those flowers with me from the one time I Mega Evolved into a badass. Maybe we can find some at the Lilycove Mall? They were able to ship that massive order of them into Victory Ro-I mean yes, I think I heard that flower grows somewhere in the Safari Zone or something, so lets go to Lilycover!"

Wow, for a second there I thought he'd said that miraculous turn of events that made him look competent and slightly intimidating was staged. Good thing that's not true, though that guy showing up just as our battle began with a sick guitar was kind of odd. Oh well, whatever. "Sure, I could probably use some stuff too. Maybe they could start selling my mineral water too, since they won't reject me when they're staring into the eyes of whatever Legendary my hand stumbles across in my Pokeball belt," mumbled Brendan as he got up to leave, Wally quickly tagging along behind him.

The shade of the massive trees surrounding Fortree sat outside to greet them as they emerged from the larger on the inside bush that was Brendan's base. As it reached into his satchel to grab the Eon Flute, Brendan's hand suddenly stopped as he remembered Wally behind him.

"You don't have anything with Fly, do you?" said Brendan, not really asking a question, but rather making a statement. Wally just shook his head in reply. "I still wonder how the hell that dumb broad got her hands on that HM. It seems like it's the only one in the entire freaking region. She literally defies reason, making it past the Elite Four all the way to the Champion's room probably without battling any of them. I get why Birch was there, since he's a professor, but come on." Sighing, he started to dig into the TM/HM pocket of his bag, fumbling about inside. "I really need to get rid of some of these," he grumbled. Finally, he emerged with the Fly HM, and with his usual impatience, he swiftly input the data into his Flygon and Altaria's Pokeballs.

"Now, to discard some of these...oh you have to be kidding me!" he exclaimed. "There's no discard button for these things! Alright, Flygon, Altaria, get out here! We've got a business contract to sell, and some useless CD's too!"

---

"Oooh, those looks pretty!" exclaimed Wally as he ran out of the elevator, immediately entranced by the rows and rows of shiny TM's. Yep, they're perfect for each other, thought Brendan as he strolled over to the counter. (Let it be noted that about the next 200 words were eaten, and then reborn. RIP 12/25/14 - 12/25/14, you will be missed. A song in their memory.)

"Alright, how much are you paying for these," he said, plopping a massive pile of the most useless TM's, like Incinerate, down in front of the cashier.

"TM's? I can't buy that from you!" she promply replied.

"...but this is a TM store, where you buy and sell TM's."

"Nope, we only sell them! We don't accept them from customers. It's kind of against the law to accept TM's from trainers that are selling them for money."

"Oh, so just like you don't accept Brendan's Cool Sparkling Mineral Water, huh? We'll see if you accept it or not when you come face to face with..." he trailed off as he rummaged around in his bag. As his hand dug around, a Pokeball fell out, releasing a scurrying Zigzagoon.

"Zig! Zig, zigzagoon! (FREE! I'M FINALLY FREE! AFTER SO LONG OF ONLY GETTING FRESH AIR FOR TWO SECOND AT A TIME IN A BRIEF ANIMATIC WITH FLASHING LIGHTS AND BLACKNESS, I'M FREE AT LAST!)" he exclaimed.

"Ugh, get back in here HM Slave," muttered Brendan as he swiftly recalled the tool. "Alright you jerks, meet DikBuhtt!"

"...DikBuhtt?"

"I got him from the GPS, alright?" whispered Brendan before clicking the ball in his hand against the counter. Suddenly, the floor collapsed underneath him as Brendan swung himself up onto his champion. The massive Pokemon's head shot through the roof, and he slammed Wally up against the wall of TM's with his tail as the building came crashing down. A plethora of people were sent out the windows from quite high up, but luckily, a whole swarm of Peliper just happened to be flying by to catch them, since NO DYING IS ALLOWED IN POKEMON UNLESS IT'S VERY VAGUE AND NOT 100% CONFIRMED. NO EXCEPTIONS.

"DIALGA!" screamed Brendan, his whole body seething with anger. "Teach them to fear their champion! Make it so that TM's...CAN BE SOLD BY ME!!!"

Roaring, DikBuhtt went into action, causing everyone's minds to go blank. The colors around them all swirled into nothing, creating nothing but blackness that was somehow moving.

---

"Where...where am I?" Brendan asked himself allowed as he sat up, scratching his head in confusion. He was lying on the grass, nothing with him except his memory of his name and humanity. As he got up, he noticed something odd. Glancing at his feet, he fell over backwards due to the shock of seeing talons where his foes should be. Shaking his head, he examined his body further. "Yep...I'm a Torchic," he said to no one in particular. Yeah, you'll be laughing your ass off when I evolve, won't you DikBuhtt, came a quick thought, that soon passed. He didn't even know what a DikBuhtt was! Suddenly, Brendan noticed something in front of him. No, someone...I think that's a Mudkip!

"You're finally awake! Great!" exclaimed the Pokemon, the worried expression on her face leaving for one of relief. "You were passed out here. I'm glad to see you awake! I'm May. Glad to meet you!" she exclaims before pausing briefly. "And you are? I've never seen you around before."

"Wait...how can you talk, and how did I go from being a human to being this!" Brendan said, stumbling over his words from the shock of it all.

"Huh? You're a...human? But you look like a normal Torchic in every way! You're kind of weird...You're name? What's your name?"

"My name's Brendan."

"Oh, Brendan's your name? Well...it's a funny name!" she shouts before tumbling to the ground in laughter. Suddenly, Brendan had a flashback to a teenage girl, forcefully shoving a fistful of glue into her mouth from a large bucket of paste, but like his previous thought, it was only there for a second before it vanished without a trace.

"Somebody! Please! Help Me!" a feminine, but clearly male, voice shouted from behind Brendan. He turned around to see a Butterfree fluttering swiftly towards him. "I'm...I'm Wally he said. I let my son play on the fault lines again, and now he's become lost in a dungeon that changes every time someone enters. Despite the fact that it's bound to change meaning you have a 0% chance of reaching the same area he wandered into, I need you to go rescue him because you're the main characters, and you can't fail!"

"Why can't you do it yourself?" Brendan quickly asked, not wanting to do anything but find out why the hell he's a Torchic that thinks he's a human.

"I'm a Butterfree! I have a TOTAL LACK OF ATTACK POWER! I couldn't even beat a Sunkern!"

"Well, we're a team-" May started.

"Wait, what no we-" said Brendan, attempting to interrupt her, which only resulted in her grabbing him, pulling their faces together so that their cheeks touched.

Without breaking her stare into Wally's eyes, she continued, "So of course we'll help you! Right, Brendan," she finished, giving him the stare of someone who's so far off the deep end, they'd let Kyro ref a match for them that they actually want to move.

"YEP, WE'RE THE BESTED OF FRIENDSY WINDSIES IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD!" he shouted frantically, fearing for his life.

And so, Brendan and May became a rescue team. They rose to some minor fame, recruited plenty of members so that Brendan was able to escape his constant imprisonment from time to time, and eventually, created some pretty steady living. Brendan was able to have a comfortable home, complete with all sorts of knickknacks, including a trumpet he found he was especially good at playing, defying all logic with his virtuoso beak. One day, however, they visited Xatu, learning of the prophecy of the world's collapse. A few days later, Brendan went into town, ready to sell some wares. He chatted with the Kecleon Brothers for a while, and then, sold his useless Torment TM. As he walked away, he felt a sudden relief and satisfaction, like a burden of a thousand suns and moons had finally been lifted from his shoulders.

As he turned the corner, heading further into town, he saw the mob of Pokemon, headed by a Gengar, Alakazam, Tyranitar, and Charizard, just as all his memories came fludding back to him. When Gengar yelled, "Get'em," he sprinted the other way, and another voice filled his head.

"This is what happens...to people who name time gods 'DikBuhtt' and lie about it," grunted the gruff, deep voice inside Brendan.

As Brendan's memory flashed back to all he had endured with May and the mob of Pokemon chasing him, he knew what he had to do, now armed with knowledge of the past.

You know how back in the old days, before you screwed everything up, we all had those Wii U, Wii, and Nintendo 64 games to play?

"So?" came Dialga's reply in his head, just as Brendan rushed through the door of his house, picking up his trumpet in his beak.

Never underestimate the almighty power of the trumpet. And with that, Brendan began the Song of Time, flawlessly recreating the timeless piece on his eloquent trumpet. Slowly, all around him began swirling together, this time turning white as he felt himself being dragged through time, body transforming back into that of a human.

---

Slowly, Brendan sat up in his bed, rubbing his head as he looked around the dimly lit base. No one was there but him and his splitting headache. Beside him sat a small, shallow bowl, filled with a powdery substance. Off on the table of his base was his bags from his last shopping trip to Lavaridge.

"F*ck, that's the last time I'm snorting any of that herbal medicine crap," he muttered, slipping back into unconsciousness on his bed, knocking the mix of ground Heal Powder, Energy Powder, Energy Roots, and Revival Herbs onto the loamy floor.
Old 12-25-2014, 08:36 AM   #5
Hanatori
Skippy.

Delibird

And here we have the first art request of the morning, coming from KamenAeons to Dream Breaker! Kamen said, "Hope you like Vaporeon in rain!" Kind of appropriate for the thread title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Breaker
water Pokemon in a rain shower
Old 12-25-2014, 08:39 AM   #6
Hanatori
Skippy.

Delibird

There's quite a few wild card requests in the bag this year, and this next one comes to Pink Harzard from Machamp-X. And I quote: "A Scythdactyl for our so-not-obvious Scyther lover!" And that's where the bit a few posts back about guessing the identities of our wild card requesters comes from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Harzard
Scyther
Old 12-25-2014, 08:42 AM   #7
Hanatori
Skippy.

Delibird

Staying in the realm of wild card requests for a moment, here's a Secret Santa first with Apollo77 composing a song for lilbleucorsola:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbleucorsola
Stars
https://soundcloud.com/apollothemuse/stars
Old 12-25-2014, 08:45 AM   #8
Hanatori
Skippy.

Delibird

Giving us a sadly not real (in the sense that it's not a real card) definition in this recurring art request from Tyranidos, phoopes says, "No using this card in future tournaments, okay?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyranidos
Your best interpretation of "WTF is Paiankylo?"
Old 12-25-2014, 08:49 AM   #9
Hanatori
Skippy.

Delibird

From Hanatori to Concept, here's another wild card request! Wait, hold on, we have some self-deprecating commentary: "I swear this wasn't going to be so... you'll see when you open the spoiler, I had a different gag for this initially. And despite the heavy self deprecation there, I'm betting all of my SP that you'll enjoy this. Well, not really betting per se, but the sentiment is there. Can you really bet SP when you're not active?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept
Kurt, the pokeball man
Old 12-25-2014, 08:52 AM   #10
Hanatori
Skippy.

Delibird

And keeping in the wild card family again for a second, we have a written fulfillment of Machamp-X's wild card request, done by Connor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machamp-X
Garden in the Clouds
The Garden in the Clouds

The morning sun slowly breaks over the horizon, the translucent orange hue plastered across a dark background of near black blue. Slowly, surely, light is brought into the world, the scarce illumination provided by the diamonds interspersed amidst the skies canvass disappearing, drowned out by the overpowering white of the local star. The scene is picturesque. A huge, expansive garden, a jarring yet beautiful clash of culture. Elegant statues tower into the sky, depicting gods and heroes of old. Moss grows across the surface of the aged stone, the grey hue contrasting gently with the emerald of the dew soaked foliage. Underneath, a blanketing carpet of dark verdant, the lawn extending in all directions, interrupted only briefly by the pale white marble.

Birdsong is quickly added to the chorus of elegance, small winged poets flitting through the air chasing one another, their weaving antics painting the skies with song. As the sun finally creeks into place, the entire garden is illuminated ... and it becomes evident there is a foreigner in this place of tranquility. Laying on the grass, unassuming, curled into a ball. The young girl wears a calmed expression, her eyes shut as she softly slumbers, her chest rising and falling in a steady rhythm. A small turn in her sleep and her hand comes up through the blades of grass, her fist twitching in response to the tickling sensation. As she turns over, her eyelids slowly begin to rise. As the curtain of sleep comes away from her, she sits up straight, her golden hair falling down around her like an awkward cowl.

Looking left and right, her expression goes from sleepy to confused. Standing, the youngster begins to drink in her surroundings, her small features shifting with every second. Mind reeling, she begins to run, her mind racing with questions. Where am I? What am I doing here? Where is everyone? ... Who ... Who am I? Gradually, she calms down. Coming to a halt, she begins to try and piece together the information she holds. Looking down over her dress, she notices she is wearing a simple affair. A flowing white dress, coming down to rest at her ankles. A small blue tie is affixed around her neck, the decoration quaint in an almost sad fashion. Reaching her hands upwards, she finds a similar bow entwined within her hair, the elegance of the piece almost astounding her. Who had dressed her? She certainly had no memory to speak of, and her surroundings were foreign. Nothing about this situation gave her any means of recovering what she had lost, and so she did the only thing she could. She walked.

Her trek was arduous, but far from unpleasant. Her curiosity rife, the young girl enjoyed her time darting between towering statues, looking up at ancient men and women who the ages had heralded. None were familiar, and yet every single one of them spoke volumes, as if their very stature regaled their tales to her wandering heart. As she progressed, she found herself enthralled by the history of her surroundings, but one single thing nagged constantly at her mind. Why were there no people to be spoken of? Surely with surroundings as beautiful as these, the masses would flock. The beauty of the garden struck her as almost otherworldly, and this small thought sent her thought process reeling. As panic slowly set into her being, she once again began to run, her tiny feet pounding against cold marble and warmed grass as her tiny legs carried her through the garden.

Coming to a pond, the young girl stopped for a moment, kneeling down to look down across the surface. The crystal waters reflected back a simple image. Her face was pretty but unassuming, a dainty thing with small features. She wouldn't go unnoticed amongst a group, but she would do little to stand out. Her most striking figure was her pale, white blonde hair. Flowing down around her shoulders, it comes to rest around her waist, the sheer length drawing her interest. Had she really allowed it to grow that long? A small giggle rises from her throat. Drawing her hand up over her mouth, she laughs into her palm, before a sigh beyond her ages escapes. A dejected atmosphere falls over her, and she continues her hike, finally reaching what she expects to be her destination.

Standing at the edge of a cloud, she looks down over the Earth, her heart sinking in her chest. Though the sight was a beautiful one, a heavy sadness hung in the air. Raising her hands to her cheeks, she finds them wet, tears pouring from her eyes and down her face. Sniffing as she tries to control her outburst, she falls to her knees, nothing but sadness etched into her face. Shaking her head, disbelief sets in, before the hysteria strikes. Falling onto her side, she looks down over the Earth, and her heart soars, the sadness driving her to euphoria as her mind is snapped in two. Looking down over the Earth, the reality of her situation comes to her. Managing to croak out a simple sentence, her acceptance is like an iron weight crushing her chest.

"I ..."
Old 12-25-2014, 08:55 AM   #11
Hanatori
Skippy.

Delibird

Going back again to art requests for a minute, we have KamenAeons fulfilling one for T-Bolt:

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Bolt
I'd like to request a Tyrantrum wearing goggles piloting a fighter plane.
Old 12-25-2014, 08:59 AM   #12
Hanatori
Skippy.

Delibird

We're going to be heading back to the wild card request well a fair bit more before this morning is over, because that's most of what I got here. This time we have a request from phoopes, carried out by Lucario188:

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoopes
Dragons
Old 12-25-2014, 09:01 AM   #13
Hanatori
Skippy.

Delibird

And this next wild card request comes to us from Marion Ette, whose request landed with Machamp-X:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion Ette
Banette
Old 12-25-2014, 09:04 AM   #14
Hanatori
Skippy.

Delibird

Going back to regular requests but keeping in the spriting family, here's another request made by Marion Ette. This time, it's fulfilled by Mew The Gato, who said, "I chose a different path instead of the usual 'blank, emotionless stare' that most creepy Espurr have. In this sprite, Espurr smiles."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion Ette
I would like to request a sprite of a creepy-looking Espurr. I will leave the creepiness factor up to the spriter's imagination. I'm not terribly picky.
Old 12-25-2014, 09:08 AM   #15
Hanatori
Skippy.

Delibird

Going back to art requests, we have our obligatory bit of intense request-volunteer synergy: phoopes' Momo no Soonansu-themed art request landed in the arms of Momo color stylist Hanatori, who does not have any Dr. Octillerygonapi for him this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoopes
As a proud user of the Momo no Soonansu forum skin, I'd like a picture of a pink Wobbuffet, doing whatever pink Wobbuffets do. Because Wynaut?
Old 12-25-2014, 09:12 AM   #16
Hanatori
Skippy.

Delibird

In a holiday-themed art request, Loki captures some holiday whatnot and business for Apollo77. Let's hear it from Loki himself: "Everyone decorating the Christmas tree. Litwick volunteers to light the star. Lucario nervously tries to get Litwick on top of the tree. Pancham directs. Murkrow just enjoys itself."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo77
I'd like a drawing of 4 Pokemon (Pancham, Litwick, Riolu, and Murkrow) enjoying something holiday-related together. They could be enjoying hot cocoa, singing carols, opening presents; the scenario is completely up to the artist.
Old 12-25-2014, 09:14 AM   #17
Hanatori
Skippy.

Delibird

Meanwhile, in wild card requests with holiday-themed execution, we have Kryptos delivering the following to Pink Harzard:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Harzard
Suicune
Old 12-25-2014, 09:16 AM   #18
Hanatori
Skippy.

Delibird

In another wild card request, KamenAeons depicts, and I quote, "Rolling chaos with the Anime Chat. Guess all the people!" That'd be for RealMrGame10, who gave us our most enthusiastic wild card prompt. Well, there's a... wait, that's spoiling it, just look at the darn thing and figure it out for yourself:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealMrGame10
WHEEEEE!!!!
Old 12-25-2014, 09:19 AM   #19
Hanatori
Skippy.

Delibird

Digging deep in the bag at this stage, we have a writing request for DaveTheFishGuy from Apollo77!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy
Experiences of being a vet in the Pokémon world (I saw this Tumblr post and it got me interested)
The Internship

Melinda Joy woke up to a warm sensation on her face, feeling the sun’s rays as they filtered through the blinds on her window. Her eyes slowly fluttered open as they tried to adjust to the bright light as quickly as possible. Yawning and stretching her arms out, she sat up and looked at the clock on her nightstand.

“Six-thirty,” Melinda read aloud. “Perfect, I’ve got plenty of time to get to the office… Oh my God I can’t wait!” With a rush of eager morning energy Melinda sprang from her bed and began to get ready for the day. On any normal day, she wouldn’t have this kind of vigor this early. She’d probably have slept in until at least ten, woken up groggily, and regretted how late she had been out last night with her friends. But this was not any normal day. Today was the first day of her internship at the PokéVet’s office. Sure, she had plenty of experience in working with Pokémon by helping out her mother at the Pokémon Center, but there was something so much more exciting to her about the in-depth work that Vets did.

With a spring in her step, Melinda bounded down the stairs to the kitchen to go fix breakfast for herself. The house was unusually quiet; normally she would have gotten up later and had her father as company in the morning, but she had the morning to herself today. Melinda found the silence nerve-wracking as she cooked some eggs. Thoughts and expectations of the experiences her internship would bring her filled her head, so everything else just seemed so much less important. She wolfed down her breakfast and hurried back to her room to get ready.

Once she got her uniform on, Melinda took a moment to admire it in the mirror. She really liked the way she looked in the uniform; although it was by no means the most aesthetically pleasing she had ever worn, it made her feel official and authoritative. Melinda continued to marvel at it as she put her carnation pink hair back into a neat ponytail so that it wouldn’t get in the way later.

“I’m all ready to go,” she said to herself, barely able to contain her excitement. After double and triple-checking to make sure she hadn’t forgotten anything important, Melinda hurried out the door, the apprehension in her heart fueling every step. The commute from her hometown of Mauvillle to Slateport, where the PokéVet’s was located, was just a short bike ride away. The crisp morning air felt invigorating as she rapidly pedaled down Cycling Road toward her destination. There were few other bikers around this early in the morning, so Melinda sped her way down the road with ease. She arrived in Slateport City just a couple minutes before 7:00 and pulled her bike up next to the clinic. It was a rather large building; she couldn’t wait to see what was inside. She took a deep breath and stepped inside the sliding double doors.

“Good morning, and welcome to the Pokémon Clinic!” a cheerful voice sounded. Melinda looked up and saw a woman sitting behind a desk seemingly swamped with paperwork, but somehow she still had a bright smile on her face. “You must be the new intern, right?”

“Yes, that’s me!” Melinda replied, easily matching the woman’s enthusiasm. “Hi, my name’s Melinda.”

“Nice to meet you Melinda, I’m Janice, the clinic’s secretary. You’re here right on time. Let me show you around!” Janice stood up from her desk chair and gestured for Melinda to follow her as she made her way to a door leading out of the lobby. Melinda couldn’t help but notice that Janice was a good deal taller than she; sometimes she really hated being short. Through the door was a long corridor, and Janice pointed out each of the rooms to her as she went. “This here’s one of the operating rooms. Dr. Knighton is in here now preparing for a surgery first thing this morning. A Munchlax is sick from eating its trainer’s house keys and needs gastrointestinal surgery. As you’d probably expect, most of those operations are done on Munchlax because they just eat everything that isn’t bolted down.”

“Yeah, I’ll bet,” Melinda giggled. “I’ve seen the Munchlax at the Pokémon Center, and they’re really ravenous.” She and Janice proceeded to another room, from which Melinda could smell some sort of incense.

“This one is a room designated specifically for the treatment of Ghost and Psychic type Pokémon,” Janice explained. “They can be a bit…tricky, to say the least.”

“Tricky, huh?” Melinda questioned. “Why, what do that makes them difficult to work with?”

“You try working with a Pokémon who has a higher IQ than you and can move objects with telekinesis,” Janice retorted. “They aren’t exactly cooperative. Luckily, Dr. Morris is an expert in their treatment and can somehow do this work without going insane. God bless him. Now, let’s keep going.” Janice led Melinda down to a door at the end of the hall marked ‘Relaxation Room.’

“Relaxation Room?” Melinda asked. “What types of Pokémon use that?”

“Oh, this one isn’t for the Pokémon,” Janice answered. “It’s for trainers who are worried about their Pokémon’s well-being after a traumatic incident. It’s designed to help give trainers peace of mind while we work to heal their Pokémon. Here, let me show you inside.” Janice opened the door and Melinda took in her surroundings. A rather pleasant aroma came from two Meganium standing by a couch at the other end of the room. A Sylveon and a Clefable stood by the door with their heads tilted upon seeing the door opened, expecting to cheer up the room’s entrants. To her left Melinda saw a playpen with a Zigzagoon, a Poochyena, and a Skitty inside, playfully fighting with one another. “The little guys in the pen are for kids; petting the Pokémon really seems to calm them down. The Meganium emit a naturally-soothing scent that certainly helps in relaxation, and the Fairy types are just generally helpful and cheerful. All in all, this room helps trainers ease up a bit.” Janice looked for Melinda and saw her slowly walking towards the kiddie pen. “C’mon Melinda, you can go play with them later. It’s time to go meet the doctor under whom you’ll be training.”

“Oh, right!” Melinda whirled around and followed Janice out of the room. They proceeded to walk down the corridor back towards the lobby. It suddenly occurred to Melinda that she had absolutely no idea what this doctor would be like. Her mind was promptly inundated with possibilities, ranging from what he’d look like to what he’d sound like to what he’d think like. Before her mind could wander any further, Janice stopped at a door close to the lobby.

“Well, here we are!” Janice announced. “This is Dr. Reynolds’ office.” Janice pushed open the door and showed Melinda inside. Melinda observed the room around her, much of which was standard fare for a Pokémon Doctor’s office, but then her eyes fell on the man standing in front of her. He was tall and thin, though not quite as tall as Janice. He had short, spiky blonde hair, and on his chin was a slight bit of stubble. His icy blue eyes seemed to pierce right through to her soul, and on his face was warm smile that didn’t quite seem to match. He both eased every bit of nervousness Melinda had and rendered her speechless at the same time. He extended his hand and began to speak.

“Hello there, you must be Melinda.” The man’s voice was smooth and sent a shiver down Melinda’s spine. “It’s a pleasure to meet you.” It took all of Melinda’s strength to return the handshake and respond.

“You must be Dr. Reynolds.” Melinda grasped his hand and found that he had a rather firm grip.

“Please, call me Mark. We’re colleagues as of now, after all.”

“Alright,” Janice interrupted, “I’ll leave you two together to get to know each other. I better get back to the desk before trainers start coming in. Enjoy your first day, dear!” With that, Janice left the room, leaving Melinda and the doctor alone in the room.

“So, Melinda,” Dr. Reynolds started to break the ice, “I take it you’re nervous for your first day?”

“You have no idea,” Melinda managed. She looked down at herself and saw that she was shaking a bit.

“Oh, but I do,” Dr. Reynolds laughed. “I was in your shoes once, you know, and it wasn’t really all that long ago.”

“Really? Just how old are you then?” Melinda blurted out. She instantly felt silly for doing so.

“Well that’s a little sudden. I’ll have you know, though, that I’m only twenty-seven. Why, do I not look it? I didn’t think I looked like an old man yet.”

“Oh, that’s not what I--“

“Relax, I’m only kidding.” Dr. Reynolds put a hand on Melinda’s shoulder. “You don’t have to worry; I won’t let anything go wrong. Just enjoy yourself today.” Melinda felt reassured by this and felt herself become less tense. “Now c’mon, we should have our first patient coming in just a few minutes.”

Just a few minutes later, Melinda heard Janice buzz the first patient in. “Dr. Reynolds, Lisa Kane is here with her Roselia.” A young girl holding a rather sick-looking Roselia in her arms walked into the room. To Melinda, she couldn’t have looked more than twelve years old.

“Dr. Reynolds,” the girl whimpered in a high voice, “Rosie doesn’t look so good…” She gently put the Roselia down on the floor and Dr. Reynolds knelt down next to it. Melinda watched as the doctor carefully examined every minute detail, from the wilted petals to the unnaturally blunt thorns.

“Well Lisa, it looks like Rosie’s just got a simple cold,” Dr. Reynolds determined. “Nothing a little medicine can’t fix. Melinda, could you get me the Vializine from the cabinet? Should be on the second shelf, third bottle from the left.” Melinda walked over to the medicine cabinet and opened it up.

“Oh wow, there’s so much stuff in here!” Melinda exclaimed. “Dr. Reynolds, how do you remember what all of this does?”

“Years of medical school, of course! But despite how difficult all that was, I still enjoyed it quite a bit.” Dr. Reynolds held out his hand, and Melinda retrieved the bottle from the cabinet and handed it to him. “Thank you kindly; now let’s give one of these to Rosie over here.” He took a pill from the bottle and offered it to Rosie, and the Roselia gobbled it up eagerly. “You see Melinda, these pills as well as most medicines for Pokémon contain traces of Pokéblock, so Pokémon are willing to take their medicine. The active ingredient in this Vializine helps to open up a plant Pokémon’s roots and stimulate its chloroplasts, maximizing the absorption of beneficial nutrients that can flush out the cold.”

“Wow, that’s really cool!” Melinda was amazed at how much Dr. Reynolds knew. She wondered if she could ever know that much about Pokémon…

“Okay Lisa.” Dr. Reynolds turned towards the girl. “Now what you need to do is make sure Rosie gets lots of sunlight. Let her stay outside and soak up the sun’s rays. Can you do that for me?”

“Yep, I sure will!” Lisa nodded eagerly. “Thanks so much Dr. Reynolds! C’mon Rosie, let’s go outside!” She picked up her Roselia and skipped out of the room.

“So, there was your first patient. What did you think?”

“I can’t believe you knew what was wrong that quickly! You must really know a lot, huh Dr. Reynolds?”

“I do know my fair share. And hey, didn’t I tell you to call me Mark?”

“Oh, alright…Mark…it feels kinda strange saying that.”

“Well, we’ll be seeing a lot of each other for the next few weeks, so you’ll get used to it. Now, how would you like to take the next one? I hear we’ve got a Pinsir coming in next.”

“A Pinsir? Are you crazy?!?” Melinda looked at him incredulously.

“Crazy enough to have reached into its mouth once and lived to tell the tale.” Dr. Reynolds grinned and rolled up his sleeves. “And look, no scars or anything!”

“No way!” Melinda looked at Dr. Reynolds’ arms and saw that there was no scar to be found. “Weren’t you like, scared it would bite your whole arm off?”

“A little bit, I’ll admit that. But the feeling was like nothing else I’ll ever experience.”

“You know…Mark…it sounds like you really enjoy your job.”

“I sure do, every day of it. Why?”

“Oh, I guess I was just thinking…someday I’d like to be a PokéVet too.”

“You know,” Dr. Reynolds smiled, “if you really want to and you work hard enough, I’m sure you will be.” Melinda found comfort in these words.

“You really think so?”

“I know so.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The memory of that first day came back to Melinda every time she thought of Dr. Reynolds, such as right now as she dialed his phone number to ask him about the treatment of a Pokémon’s condition. That day not only convinced her that this was what she wanted to do for the rest of her life but also gave her a lifelong friend who would be with her every step of the way. The thought of him brought a smile to her face. She no longer saw him every day since she was stationed here in Lilycove, but they made sure to visit each other every so often.

“Come to think of it,” Melinda realized, “it’s been a while since I’ve last seen him. I should go this weekend or something.” She wrote down a note to remind her of this as she asked Janice to patch her call to Dr. Reynolds. “Hi Mark, it’s me, Melinda…”
Old 12-25-2014, 09:21 AM   #20
Hanatori
Skippy.

Delibird

And now we have an art request coming from DarkLucarioADV, whose idea was carried out by Myles Fowl II. Here's a hi-res version of what he's cooked up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV
A Sceptile battling a Hawlucha
Old 12-25-2014, 09:23 AM   #21
Hanatori
Skippy.

Delibird

Down to our last art request in the bag, this one comes to us from lilbleucorsola, who's carrying this one out for Machamp-X! Wait, no, we have to read this tag: "Merry Machamp-X-mas! *shot*"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machamp-X
Just a simple art request. Of a young girl, about sixteen, with a Florges to her side.
Old 12-25-2014, 09:29 AM   #22
Hanatori
Skippy.

Delibird

phoopes gestures at a Pokedex entry for DaisyInari in this wild card request, our last request of the morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyInari
Xatu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokedex
This odd Pokémon can see both the past and the future. It eyes the sun's movements all day.
http://dwigif.com/view/QCTi4gM

And that's it for requests! If you've finished something but haven't sent it in, you can PM me or post it here, but I'll tell you that the latter is likely going to be faster. If you haven't finished a request, don't worry - post it here whenever you can. Otherwise, feel free to comment on what's been posted, and if you have any suggestions for future Secret Santas, leave those over here, too.
Old 12-25-2014, 09:36 AM   #23
Kuvario
Mysterious Knight

Whoa, nice job with the drawing Myles, I really like the way you drew Sceptile and Hawlucha, so for that, thanks. And to everyone else who made requests this year, I'm impressed by every single one of these pieces of art and writing.
Kuvario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 10:29 AM   #24
phoopes
Double Dragon

Oh my gosh the artwork I got this year is amazing, thank you so much Hana and Lucario!!!
Old 12-25-2014, 10:36 AM   #25
DaisyInari
Sarasaland represent!

Send a message via MSN to DaisyInari
HOW COME I KEEP FORGETTING WHATS HAPPENING

Hoooooooly craaaaap did I also forget to send you my Secret Santa requests too?!? I'm so so super sorry, I'll go send it now OTL

But! Thank you very much Phoopes for the Wild Card gift, I laughed so hard xfd I'm gonna use that as my next sig!

Hi, I'm Daisy!

W(DQ)- 22(3) L(DQ)-14(0)
KO-55
TP-131 SP- 64.5/96.5 (5SP to Deh, 5SP to FW, 5SP to Desert Spirit, 8.5SP to Fallen Icarus, 10SP to Kyro12, 8SP to Charminions, 10 to aposteriori)
SHUCKS I GOTTA FIX THIS SOMETIME
~TL3~

~Fizzy Bubbles~

Credits to Charm for making this!

Come, my birdies!!!! Mwahahahaha!!!!!!

Thanks Pingu for being so nice and making me this~

Credit to TheKnightsFury for the sprite!

Fear my abnormally large signature~

Be Positive Ref~ I <3 you, Lonely Cubone and those who eval'd me~
DaisyInari is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Fanart & Fanfiction