UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2018, 06:32 AM   #551
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,389
Missingo. Master- After examining the shard, you realise there wasn't much more you could learn from it at this point in time. Despite the prospect of more broken fragments up ahead, you decide to remain barefoot, why exactly is a mystery to everyone.....

George scouts ahead, occasionally flicking a shard out of your path, rescuing your bare feet from a nasty laceration. The sound only intensifies as you get closer, no wonder all of those Pokemon were so eager to get out. Eventually the tunnel opens up into a large cavern. Andromeda's light is no longer needed as the cavern appears to be illuminated. Looking up to the ceiling you notice a number of holes have been punched through the mountainside and into the cavern. George points out another interesting discovery, the cavern floor is covered in the shards similar to those that were found in the tunnel. You get the feeling that something is approaching as the sound seems to be closing in. A rainbow streaks through the cavern towards you, causing you to flinch out of sheer surprise. George and Andromeda are likewise stunned as the rainbow quickly surrounds the three of you. Trapped in a multicoloured cyclone, your Pokemon are unsure of what to do. Where these Pokemon? Did they mean you any harm or where they just curious? Either way they had you surrounded and they also seemed to be the source of the annoying noise, their swift movements creating the high pitched whistle that has driven the Pokemon from their home.




Biggggg5- Unsure of whether the Pansage are thieves or workers, you settle your Grubbin, much to her displeasure. The best course of action was to wait and watch, if the Pansage were workers then maybe their boss or owner was nearby. It isn't long before every last Occa berry is plucked from the tree, but before the Grass typed simians can head off, a Herdier bursts onto the scene, barking rapidly in an attempt to intimidate the monkeys. Following the Herdier closely is a young man, likely in his late teens. Sporting a plaid shirt, a pair of denim jeans and some well worn boots, he was clearly one of the workers.

"You thieving monkeys!" The boy shouts at the top of his lungs, "get them Lady, we can't let them steal anymore of these berries!"

The Herdier lets out a roaring bark, causing almost half of the Pansages to drop their loot and run. Around seven remain, having enough guts to stand their ground against the normal type. Tex is about ready to burst, the Grubbin looks eager to get in on the action. The Herdier was outnumbered and the boy would likely appreciate and reward your assistance. As the situation unfolds, you notice something rustling in the now barren berry tree. A much larger Pokemon jumps down from the tree now and quickly issues orders to its troops. The sight of the Simisage seems to cause the boy to hesitate. While he was comfortable with his chances of scaring off the Pansage, he likely isn't equipped to handle a battle with the evolved Simisage.



Myahoo- Informed that you would require a Pokemon with Waterfall to reach the next level, you produce two Pokeballs. With one you release a Pokemon into the water, a Finneon by the name of Stream. With the other Pokeball you recall Wildfire, the Cyndaquil likely wouldn't enjoy what was going to happen next. Marina stares at you sceptically and with good reason.

"Ummm so that's your Pokemon that knows Waterfall?", the trial captain can barely control herself, but eventually swallows her laughter in an attempt to avoid being rude. "I'm sure he will get the job done, I'm just hoping you don't mind getting soaked in the process....." Marina mounts her Gyarados once more, leaving you to jump into the water with Stream. You wrap your hands around his small body, doing your best not to obstruct his fins. Marina takes the lead and you lay out flat to let Stream pull you along. The ride starts off pretty pleasant as you travel across the still water, but as you approach the rapids you begin to realise why Marina was concerned.

You watch as Marina's Gyarados effortlessly travels up the rapids, barely changing pace. Stream on the other hand is having a really hard time, even as he kicks into a Waterfall to try and propel himself forward. It feel like you're moving a metre a minute and you're not even at the waterfall yet! Stream eventually reaches the waterfall's base, where Marina waits patiently.

"You go first, I'll do my best to catch you if you fall but I can't make any promises." Stream seems determined but he has already used so much energy, was the little Finneon still capable of getting you to the top?
__________________


Last edited by TheKnightsFury; 09-10-2018 at 04:42 AM.
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 09:13 AM   #552
Missingno. Master
Poison-type Trainer
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 4,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Missingo. Master- After examining the shard, you realise there wasn't much more you could learn from it at this point in time. Despite the prospect of more broken fragments up ahead, you decide to remain barefoot, why exactly is a mystery to everyone.....

George scouts ahead, occasionally flicking a shard out of your path, rescuing your bare feet from a nasty laceration. The sound only intensifies as you get closer, no wonder all of those Pokemon were so eager to get out. Eventually the tunnel opens up into a large cavern. Andromeda's light is no longer needed as the cavern appears to be illuminated. Looking up to the ceiling you notice a number of holes have been punched through the mountainside and into the cavern. George points out another interesting discovery, the cavern floor is covered in the shards similar to those that were found in the tunnel. You get the feeling that something is approaching as the sound seems to be closing in. A rainbow streaks through the cavern towards you, causing you to flinch out of sheer surprise. George and Andromeda are likewise stunned as the rainbow quickly surrounds the three of you. Trapped in a multicoloured cyclone, your Pokemon are unsure of what to do. Where these Pokemon? Did they mean you any harm or where they just curious? Either way they had you surrounded and they also seemed to be the source of the annoying noise, their swift movements creating the high pitched whistle that has driven the Pokemon from their home.
The group continued onwards. George kept an eye out for anything in the path that might prove harmful to his Trainer's feet. The Inkay didn't understand why Terri didn't just put on her sandals, but this wasn't the first time she'd shown reluctance to don any sort of footwear. Even if she never explained exactly why, George was inclined to respect this about her, and so he would flick any other shards he found out of Terri's way.

As they progressed, the sound grew worse. George and Andromeda were in agreement- were they wild Pokémon and this noise was happening in their own natural habitats, they'd have hauled ass by this point as well. It was so annoying! Terri heard the noise as well, obviously, and whether it was annoying to her was not obvious. One would think it annoyed her, and maybe it did, but one wouldn't be able to tell by looking at her face. The young Trainer was simply looking ahead, head tilted, only discernible expression on her face that of curiosity. Not that this was anything unusual for Terri, of course- she was hard to read in general.

And then, the tunnel opened up into a large cavern. "I believe my illumination is no longer necessary," Andromeda stated, the Starmie letting the Flash go out. Terri nodded in agreement- there were a number of holes punched into the cavern letting in natural light from the outside. The question Terri had was, was this normal for this cavern, or did whatever was making this noise do this?

"Look at the floor," George piped up. Terri did just that, and saw what her Inkay was talking about. Shards. Just like the ones they found in the tunnel, except the cavern's floor was covered in them.

"Wow..." murmured Terri, taking another look at the shard in her hand. "What were these?"

Before Terri could get any sort of answer, she and her Starmie and Inkay flinched involuntarily as they found themselves being rushed by... a rainbow? The rainbow started to spin all around them, trapping them in the strangest cyclone any of them had ever been trapped in. George and Andromeda were at a loss here. They didn't even know if these were Pokémon, much less their intentions. All they could tell was that whatever was responsible for trapping them in this rainbow, they were the source of the high-pitched noise.

Terri said nothing at first, seeming at first to admire the multicolored cyclone she was trapped in. But she too was curious. The high-pitched whistling, this was clearly the source, and whether said whistling was due to hostility or distress, or even some sort of misguided attempt at friendly communication, she wanted to get to the bottom of the matter and find out what was going on here. "Excuse me," she called to the rainbow cyclone, or at least whatever was causing it. "Hello. My name is Terri. This is George, and this is Andromeda," she added, introducing her Pokémon. Andromeda uncertainly flickered her gem in greeting, while George slowly waved, unsure who or what exactly he was waving at. "The thing is," said Terri, "whatever you're trying to say with this sound you're making, all it's doing is driving away the Pokémon who live in here. Whatever it is you want to say, could you please find a different way to say it? Because if you're trying to say you need help or something, then I'd like to try and help, but first I need to find out why you're doing this."
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 04:51 PM   #553
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,389
Missingno. Master- Surrounded by a multicoloured cyclone, you do your best to reason with the strange Pokemon. You attempt to communicate with them, however there seems to be no initial change in their behaviour. George is beginning to look frustrated and is about to lash out, but then the cyclone begins to slow. The volume of the sound decreases as the Pokemon come to a stop, giving you your first clear look at the strange invaders. There must be at least fifty of them, in a multitude of neon colours. They are a bit smaller than a basketball, their large eyes seemed to stare straight through your soul. There was no anger in their expressions, they simply appeared playful and curious, as if they possessed too much energy. A few of them begin to float in closer, inspecting yourself and your Pokemon. Andromeda remains relaxed, however George seems a little unsure of the curious Pokemon.

You had found the source of the noise, but how were you going to clear out so many foreign Pokemon? Sure they were calmer now, but you sensed that it wouldn't be long before they would start zipping around again. What these Pokemon were was also still a mystery, perhaps your Pokedex contained some information that would be valuable to your mission, it was meant to contain information on every recorded Pokemon after all.

Something begins to roll slowly towards you. The strange object was about the same size and shape as the Pokemon surrounding you but it seemed to be encased in the strange ceramic you found in the tunnel. There were small cracks in the clay and the object was rocking back and forth like whatever was inside wanted to break free, similar to an egg.
__________________

TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 06:00 PM   #554
Missingno. Master
Poison-type Trainer
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 4,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Missingno. Master- Surrounded by a multicoloured cyclone, you do your best to reason with the strange Pokemon. You attempt to communicate with them, however there seems to be no initial change in their behaviour. George is beginning to look frustrated and is about to lash out, but then the cyclone begins to slow. The volume of the sound decreases as the Pokemon come to a stop, giving you your first clear look at the strange invaders. There must be at least fifty of them, in a multitude of neon colours. They are a bit smaller than a basketball, their large eyes seemed to stare straight through your soul. There was no anger in their expressions, they simply appeared playful and curious, as if they possessed too much energy. A few of them begin to float in closer, inspecting yourself and your Pokemon. Andromeda remains relaxed, however George seems a little unsure of the curious Pokemon.

You had found the source of the noise, but how were you going to clear out so many foreign Pokemon? Sure they were calmer now, but you sensed that it wouldn't be long before they would start zipping around again. What these Pokemon were was also still a mystery, perhaps your Pokedex contained some information that would be valuable to your mission, it was meant to contain information on every recorded Pokemon after all.

Something begins to roll slowly towards you. The strange object was about the same size and shape as the Pokemon surrounding you but it seemed to be encased in the strange ceramic you found in the tunnel. There were small cracks in the clay and the object was rocking back and forth like whatever was inside wanted to break free, similar to an egg.
At first, Terri's words seemed to fall on deaf ears, as the swirling cyclone of color didn't seem to change its behavior at all. And then, however, they started to slow. Yes, they- the cyclone was made up of numerous colorful creatures, spherical in stature, with large eyes that stared at Terri just as curiously as she looked back at them. No anger, no hostility, just curiosity.

"...What are they?" George asked, the Inkay sounding rather wary of these newcomers.

"I've heard of these," murmured Terri, producing her Pokédex. "They're Minior!"

"Minior- Core Form- the Meteor Pokémon. A Rock and Flying-type," droned the device. "Minior lives in the atmosphere, eating dust and other particles. The composition of what it eats in the atmosphere determines the color of its core."

In stark contrast to George's unease, Terri smiled in a friendly way as some of the Minior drew closer to inspect her and her Pokémon. And then, Terri saw something rolling her way. In terms of size and shape, it looked like the other Minior, except it seemed to be encased in a shell- a shell made of the same sort of ceramic they found back in the tunnel, Terri realized. Her Pokédex spoke up once more, providing an answer to her unspoken question;

"Minior- Meteor Form- the Meteor Pokémon. A Rock and Flying-type. The outer shell of Minior is uncommonly durable, but the shock of hitting the ground will shatter the shell."

Terri looked around again, seeing the multiple holes punched in the cavern, and starting to piece everything together. The noises that woke her up last night- that was the Minior falling to the ground, falling right through the cave, punching big holes as they went. And with all this excess, pent-up energy, they were making all that high-pitched whistling, which is what drove off all the local wild Pokémon. And that wasn't their intention at all- they were merely curious. Curious about the world on which they landed. And very likely, they wanted to see the world beyond here, Terri realized. Something that she, of all people, could understand. Moreover, it was imperative that something be done fast, lest the speeding up and whistling resumed, and Terri felt like that wasn't too far off from happening.

"Andromeda," she said to the Starmie. "Use Spotlight and lead the way back out. Alright," she added, now addressing the Minior. "I'm guessing you all want to know more about this world, right? Well, there's much more to it than just this one cave," smiled Terri. "Follow us, we'll lead the way outside." Before she would accompany Andromeda, however, Terri intended to see what she could do for the Meteor Form Minior that was rolling her way. It seemed to want out of its shell, and if Terri could help with that, she certainly intended to. She produced a Luxury Ball, enlarged it, and tossed it up. "Observe, engage!" she stated as the Medicham appeared in a flash of light. He glanced around at the multitude of Minior, but said nothing. As long as they weren't gonna fight him, he had no intention of starting anything with them.

And then, Observe... well, observed the Meteor Form Minior. "You seek my help with this one?" he asked Terri.

Terri nodded. "We'll be leaving the cave so as to lead these Minior out," said Terri. "I'd like you to help me carry this one, and if possible, help it break free from its shell without harming it."

"Indeed," nodded the Medicham, eyeing the shell-clad Minior curiously. Carrying it wouldn't be a problem, he imagined, whether physically or psychically, and the idea of breaking open its shell without doing the occupant harm... it intrigued him. And so they would make ready to leave, with Andromeda leading the way, and hopefully her Spotlight attack would clue in the Minior that following her was the way to go. Once outside, Terri reasoned, the Minior could have all the wide open space they desired to release their pent-up energy without worrying about driving wild Pokémon out of caves. And if any of them simply wanted to return to space, then leading them outside would be the ideal solution as well.
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 11:31 PM   #555
biggggg5
Volcano Badge
 
biggggg5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mage of Breath
Posts: 2,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Biggggg5- Unsure of whether the Pansage are thieves or workers, you settle your Grubbin, much to her displeasure. The best course of action was to wait and watch, if the Pansage were workers then maybe their boss or owner was nearby. It isn't long before every last Occa berry is plucked from the tree, but before the Grass typed simians can head off, a Herdier bursts onto the scene, barking rapidly in an attempt to intimidate the monkeys. Following the Herdier closely is a young man, likely in his late teens. Sporting a plaid shirt, a pair of denim jeans and some well-worn boots, he was clearly one of the workers.

"You thieving monkeys!" The boy shouts at the top of his lungs, "get them Lady, we can't let them steal anymore of these berries!"

The Herdier lets out a roaring bark, causing almost half of the Pansages to drop their loot and run. Around seven remain, having enough guts to stand their ground against the normal type. Tex is about ready to burst, the Grubbin looks eager to get in on the action. The Herdier was outnumbered and the boy would likely appreciate and reward your assistance. As the situation unfolds, you notice something rustling in the now barren berry tree. A bunch larger Pokemon jumps down from the tree now and quickly issues orders to its troops. The sight of the Simisage seems to cause the boy to hesitate. While he was comfortable with his chances of scaring off the Pansage, he likely isn't equipped to handle a battle with the evolved Simisage.
Eyeing down the monkey pokemon Big and Tex watch quietly as the tree is soon completely free of the Occa Berries. Soon after though a Herdier comes out into the clearing barking and doing its best to intimidate the monkeys along with her Trainer shouting to confirm Big's fear that the monkeys were in fact thieves stealing the berries. "Alright Tex, let's go help now that we know for sure." Tex already was rushing in the best she could on her short bug legs once he got the first syllable out. "And you're already going." Big let's out a small sigh but also can't help but smile a bit at the eagerness of the young bug pokemon. But his face soon turns serious as he analyzes the situation. He calls out to the boy. "Hey Kid! We can take the Simisage if you can finish scaring off the rest of the small ones!" He shouts before locking eyes on the larger monkey. Tex has the type advantage and if I remember right wild pan and simisages don't have many moves that will be super harmful to her but this one will definitely have the size advantage, not to mention the advantages of having evolved as well. Let's start by getting its attention. It's no Minccino but nobody likes mud in their eyes. "Alright Tex, let's take this thief! Start us off with Mud Slap to try and get its eyes. Then follow up with Bug Bite!" The bug pokemon that was charging up her electrical power looks back and then sighs with another eye roll before dispelling the electricity and digging her prongs into the ground to stir up dirt to fuel the attack. Her battle plan was apparently different than Big's but if she could do anything she could follow orders.
__________________
PASBL stats
FB stats
Wild Future Stuff


Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Spoiler: show
biggggg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 12:30 PM   #556
morningstar
ようせいのお姫様
 
morningstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Ultra Space
Posts: 265
Hey there, apologies for the delay, work has gotten crazy busy! Thanks for sticking with me c:

Raves: The world seemed to move in slow motion. You dove foward, arms outstretched to save the Buneary from becoming a pancake. The small Normal type was falling quickly, only gaining speed as it got closer and closer to the ground.

The group of young trainers at the neighboring campsite all turned to watch, alerted by the distressed squeaking of Buneary. Some of them gasped and held their breath. Though they were too far away to do anything, one of the boys called out "CATCH IT!"

Totsuka was on the same page. She plunged a claw into her trainers bag and grabbed the first Pokeball she could find. By now you had hit the ground, a cloud of dust bust underneath you and blinded you temporarily. You felt something soft brush against your fingertips. Had you missed?

There was a flash of light and the familiar sound of a ball rattling around. The dust cleared and you rubbed as much of it as you could out of your eyes. A green ball rolled wildly on the ground. The movement slowed, it shook once, twice, then there was a satisfying click.

"Zangoose!!" Totsuka cried out in joy.
"YEAH!" The group of teens cheered.
You gathered yourself and the Friend Ball. The Buneary inside was obviously tired out from all the running and falling and had stopped trying to break out. You sat down to catch your breath and take a look at your Pokemon. All three looked relieved that the Buneary was ok, particularly Golestandt. After a moment, you were approached by the girl with the Pignite again.
"Hey uh...my friends said I shoudl say sorry...That was pretty cool of you to save that Buneary." She looked embarassed to be apologizing, looking off to the side rather than at you. She held out a hand to shake in a truce.


You (Totsuka?) caught a Lv. 15 female Buneary!
--------------
King Ghidorah: With the goal to scale the forest's trees in mind, you return Kingler. He deserved a break after dealing with Jonah and Clarence. You were about to follow up with Throh, but he was determined to continue helping. You explian to Jonah that your Pokemon still feels guilty for stepping on the binoculars, and the Fighting type bows its head in apology.
"Aw gee," Jonah frowns at your Throh. "Thanks Throh. I probably should have been more careful with them... I didn't secure them to my bag." The kid looks sheepish.

You call out your Murkrow, who Jonah is thrilled to see. He happily hands over the blurry picture to show her. Once she agrees to help, you pull something else from your bag. Murkrow seems to react to it immediately, drawn to the purple, glittering stone. You touch the Dusk Stone to her, and she begins to glow. Your Murkrow's silhouette morphs and grows in size, and soon her new form was revealed. She fluffs out her new white plumage proudly and crows. Jonah claps in excitement.
"I've never seen evolution like that before!! You're so cool!" His eyes are practically sparkling with amazement. Throh is equally impressed by his newly evolved teammate. With preparations made, you ask Jonah where you should start.

"Um..." Jonah furrows his brow and chews on his lip, deep in thought. "I think my sister said...these guys have nests in really high trees...near rocks?" He looked up at Honchkrow. "So can you fly up really high and look for something like that?"
Honchkrow opened her wings and lifted herself into the air. After a moment, she disappeared above the dense tree line. You and Jonah craned your necks to watch what might happen. A minute passed, then five, and you were beginning to wonder what was going on up there. The forest was rather silent besides the rustling of the leaves. What will you do?
__________________




Last edited by morningstar; 09-06-2018 at 12:36 PM.
morningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 07:20 PM   #557
King Ghidorah
Boulder Badge
 
King Ghidorah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar View Post
King Ghidorah: With the goal to scale the forest's trees in mind, you return Kingler. He deserved a break after dealing with Jonah and Clarence. You were about to follow up with Throh, but he was determined to continue helping. You explian to Jonah that your Pokemon still feels guilty for stepping on the binoculars, and the Fighting type bows its head in apology.
"Aw gee," Jonah frowns at your Throh. "Thanks Throh. I probably should have been more careful with them... I didn't secure them to my bag." The kid looks sheepish.

You call out your Murkrow, who Jonah is thrilled to see. He happily hands over the blurry picture to show her. Once she agrees to help, you pull something else from your bag. Murkrow seems to react to it immediately, drawn to the purple, glittering stone. You touch the Dusk Stone to her, and she begins to glow. Your Murkrow's silhouette morphs and grows in size, and soon her new form was revealed. She fluffs out her new white plumage proudly and crows. Jonah claps in excitement.
"I've never seen evolution like that before!! You're so cool!" His eyes are practically sparkling with amazement. Throh is equally impressed by his newly evolved teammate. With preparations made, you ask Jonah where you should start.

"Um..." Jonah furrows his brow and chews on his lip, deep in thought. "I think my sister said...these guys have nests in really high trees...near rocks?" He looked up at Honchkrow. "So can you fly up really high and look for something like that?"
Honchkrow opened her wings and lifted herself into the air. After a moment, she disappeared above the dense tree line. You and Jonah craned your necks to watch what might happen. A minute passed, then five, and you were beginning to wonder what was going on up there. The forest was rather silent besides the rustling of the leaves. What will you do?
A few moments went by. Then a few more. Then a few more still.

“Uh...she should’ve been back by now,” Hugo said to no one in particular, his voice tinged with concern. “Right? I mean it couldn’t take that long. Do you think something could have happened?” he asked, turning to Throh.

The Judo Pokemon was a bit surprised to be put on the spot, as if he would have any more answers than anyone else here. He shrugged his muscle-packed shoulders as if to say “Who me? How the hell would I know?”

“I mean there’s nothing to be afraid of. She did just evolve after all. She’s tough. She can handle herself.”

Hugo, Jonah, and Throh stared awkwardly at each other. Hugo cleared his throat. Throh uncomfortably shifted a bit on his feet.

The forest was silent.

”HOOOOOOOONCHKROOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!” Hugo wailed, echoing through the trees. The sudden explosion of noise startled Throh who instinctively went into a defensive fighting stance and almost knocked poor Jonah on his face.

“Alright! I think we’ve waited long enough!” Hugo announced. Throh and Jonah had to be a little offput by the forced cheeriness/complete desperation in Hugo’s voice, but what trainer wouldn’t be concerned? Hugo loved all his Pokemon, but he had a softspot for Murkow-now-Honchkrow who would happily flap and chirp about when they would spend time together which was pretty atypical for the Murkrow line notorious for their dourness. But Hugo’s Honchkrow was different and he didn’t want to think about something happening to her. He took off running through the forest, stopping after about 50 yards to turn back to Throh and Jonah.

“Are you guys coming or WHAT?!
__________________
King Ghidorah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 04:33 AM   #558
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,389
Missingno. Master- Once the Pokemon finally slowed down, it didn't take you long to identify them. A quick scan with your Pokedex was all the confirmation you needed, these were indeed Minior. They were in their Core Form, well most of them were at least. Their shells had shattered as they crashed through the cavern, the one still in its shell must not have taken a strong enough hit to release it. The cavern's new occupants couldn't remain here, they'd unknowingly invaded the home of many Pokemon, which now found themselves homeless and distressed. Andromeda is about to set up a Spotlight when your Pokedex lights up again, sharing a key piece of information.

"If its core stays exposed, it will soon die off. It’s possible that it may survive if it’s put into a Poké Ball quickly enough." Did that mean these Minior would die if they weren't captured? There were certainly too many for you to catch them all yourself, certainly there was another option?

Andromeda's gem lights up as she sets up her Spotlight, drawing the attention of all the Core Minior. Observe picks up the Minior still in its Meteor Form and assesses its shell for weaknesses, hoping to free it without causing too much pain. You're about to start leading the Minior out when you hear a new sound, this one is more familiar and the pitch is a lot lower. You pinpoint the noise within seconds, it was the distinct noise of a helicopter! Everything seems to happen in an instant as a large tube drops down through one of the holes in the ceiling. The vacuum switches on and begins to draw the Minior in, along with the shattered shells covering the floor of the cavern. The Minior begin to disappear as they are gradually sucked up by the vacuum. While the cavern was now cleared, where the Minior safe?

A pair of ropes drop into the cavern and Observe quickly guides you to take cover behind a nearby boulder. Andromeda dims her light and George floats close by, trying to sneak a peak as two rather large men slide down into the cavern.

"Fan out and search for any we missed", orders one of the men.

"I know, I got the same orders that you did, no need to boss me around." The men quickly spread out and begin searching the cavern, looking for any stray Minior the vacuum failed to suck up. The Meteorite Form Minior in Observe's arms shakes anxiously, it seems to know that the men are looking for it.



Biggggg5- It seemed Tex had already decided to help the boy and his Herdier out, but you could at least be a bit tactical about how you were going to help him. You shout out to the boy, informing him to take care of the remaining Pansage while you and Tex handle the Simisage. The Grubbin quickly lets her presence be known to the Simisage. Digging her sharp prongs into the ground, she flicks up dirt which slaps into the Simisage's face as it turns to face her. The Simisage scratches at its eyes. While the attack didn't hurt it was more than enough to irritate its eyes, reducing its vision and accuracy. If Tex wanted the Simisage's attention, she certainly had it now!

"Thanks for the assist!" The boy shouts you a thank you as he looks to send the rest of the Pansage on their way. "Lady, Take one Down then rip into it with an Ice Fang, let them know what they are up against." The Herdier barks as she charges towards the nearest Pansage, knocking it onto its back with tremendous force before sinking her ice coated teeth into its shoulder. You turn your attention back to the Simisage, which seems to be cooking up a retaliation plan. It rushes forward with startling speed, something Tex can't hope to match. It jumps through the air with acrobatic flair, striking Tex with a powerful super effective hit. Although the Grubbin is clearly hurt, she pushes through the pain and latches onto the Simisage before it can retreat, sinking her teeth into it with a strong super effective blow of her own. The Simisage scratches at her to try and get rid of her, but the Grubbin is far too resilient. You watch as the boy's Herdier releases the Pansage in had pinned, the monkey quickly flees, as does another that doesn't want to risk the same treatment. A couple of the remaining Pansage begin striking her with Vine Whips, but just like Tex, the Herdier seems determined to fight through the pain.
__________________


Last edited by TheKnightsFury; 09-10-2018 at 05:15 AM.
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 07:32 AM   #559
Missingno. Master
Poison-type Trainer
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 4,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Missingno. Master- Once the Pokemon finally slowed down, it didn't take you long to identify them. A quick scan with your Pokedex was all the confirmation you needed, these were indeed Minior. They were in their Core Form, well most of them were at least. Their shells had shattered as they crashed through the cavern, the one still in its shell must not have taken a strong enough hit to release it. The cavern's new occupants couldn't remain here, they'd unknowingly invaded the home of many Pokemon, which now found themselves homeless and distressed. Andromeda is about to set up a Spotlight when your Pokedex lights up again, sharing a key piece of information.

"If its core stays exposed, it will soon die off. It’s possible that it may survive if it’s put into a Poké Ball quickly enough." Did that mean these Minior would die if they weren't captured? There were certainly too many for you to catch them all yourself, certainly there was another option?

Andromeda's gem lights up as she sets up her Spotlight, drawing the attention of all the Core Minior. Observe picks up the Minior still in its Meteor Form and assesses its shell for weaknesses, hoping to free it without causing too much pain. You're about to start leading the Minior out when you hear a new sound, this one is more familiar and the pitch is a lot lower. You pinpoint the noise within seconds, it was the distinct noise of a helicopter! Everything seems to happen in an instant as a large tube drops down through one of the holes in the ceiling. The vacuum switches on and begins to draw the Minior in, along with the shattered shells covering the floor of the cavern. The Minior begin to disappear as they are gradually sucked up by the vacuum. While the cavern was now cleared, where the Minior safe?

A pair of ropes drop into the cavern and Observe quickly guides you to take cover behind a nearby boulder. Andromeda dims her light and George floats close by, trying to sneak a peak as two rather large men slide down into the cavern.

"Fan out and search for any we missed", orders one of the men.

"I know, I got the same orders that you did, no need to boss me around." The men quickly spread out and begin searching the cavern, looking for any stray Minior the vacuum failed to suck up. The Meteorite Form Minior in Observe's arms shakes anxiously, it seems to know that the men are looking for it.
Andromeda was getting ready to fire up her Spotlight, when Terri's Pokédex lit up once more, the speakers conveying more information, this information of a rather more crucial nature.

"If the core stays exposed, it will soon die off. It's possible that it may survive if it's put into a Poké Ball quickly enough."

Terri frowned, her eyes widening at this piece of information. "Die off?" she murmured.

"Troubling," remarked Observe. "But what can we do? Surely you don't have enough Poké Balls to catch every last one of these Minior?"

"I doubt it very much," Terri shook her head. "There must be another way... right now, the plan remains the same," she stated as the Minior were drawn towards the Spotlight. "Once we get the Minior outside, they can fly back up towards space. They come from there, they should be safe there."

"Sound reasoning," conceded the Medicham. "Lead on, then."

But before Terri could do just that, a strange noise met their ears. Not long after Terri realized it was a helicopter, a large tube was fed into the cavern through one of the holes the Minior made. It very quickly proved to be a humongous vacuum that sucked up all the Minior, as well as the shattered shards of shell what littered the cave floor.

"Someone else trying to save the Minior?" speculated George.

"Maybe," suggested Andromeda. "Or they could have more sinister motives. I've had the supreme misfortune to cross paths with Team Rocket , that's how my previous Trainer found me in the first place. There are organizations that deal in rare and powerful Pokémon."

The Medicham, meanwhile, eyed a pair of ropes being lowered into the cavern. "Hide, now!" he advised his Trainer and teammates. As Terri and her Medicham, Starmie, and Inkay took refuge behind a boulder, Observe continued to speak. "We don't know the motives of these people one way or another just yet." As he spoke, a pair of large men lowered themselves into the cave by way of those ropes. That they were searching for any Minior their vacuum had missed couldn't be in question- the question remained why they were after said Minior in the first place.

Terri, meanwhile, had a look of concern on her face as she regarded the Minior within Observe's arms. The Rock and Flying-type was trembling anxiously, almost as though fearful of the newcomers. Terri shared a look with her Psychic-types in which they all realized the same thing- while they were busy speculating the men's motives, here they had someone who might outright know them! And if the trembling was any indicator, it was looking likely that these men were bad news. Either way, Terri intended to find out.

"It's gonna be OK," she whispered to the Meteor Form Minior. "Minior, what can you tell us about those men? Do you know why they're after you and your friends?" It was times like these that Terri's apparent knack for understanding the language of Pokémon would surely come in handy. And while Terri awaited answers, her Pokémon were ready to act should the strange men found them. George planned to cast Hypnosis to hold them off if they were spotted. As a bonus, he figured this might also let him compel them to spill their motives if Minior couldn't say. Andromeda, meanwhile, planned to use this as an opportunity to see if she could extend the effects of her Camouflage move to her teammates, her Trainer, and that one Minior, to hide them all from those men. Observe, eyes closed, sought to Calm his Mind, after which he hoped to use Mind Reader on the men. Not only track their movements, but also to see if he couldn't, well, read their minds. Get a feel for their true motives. And his plan was to alert the others if the men were getting close, and if he was able to figure them out, relay their motives.
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 02:21 AM   #560
biggggg5
Volcano Badge
 
biggggg5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mage of Breath
Posts: 2,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Biggggg5- It seemed Tex had already decided to help the boy and his Herdier out, but you could at least be a bit tactical about how you were going to help him. You shout out to the boy, informing him to take care of the remaining Pansage while you and Tex handle the Simisage. The Grubbin quickly lets her presence be known to the Simisage. Digging her sharp prongs into the ground, she flicks up dirt which slaps into the Simisage's face as it turns to face her. The Simisage scratches at its eyes. While the attack didn't hurt it was more than enough to irritate its eyes, reducing its vision and accuracy. If Tex wanted the Simisage's attention, she certainly had it now!

"Thanks for the assist!" The boy shouts you a thank you as he looks to send the rest of the Pansage on their way. "Lady, Take one Down then rip into it with an Ice Fang, let them know what they are up against." The Herdier barks as she charges towards the nearest Pansage, knocking it onto its back with tremendous force before sinking her ice coated teeth into its shoulder. You turn your attention back to the Simisage, which seems to be cooking up a retaliation plan. It rushes forward with startling speed, something Tex can't hope to match. It jumps through the air with acrobatic flair, striking Tex with a powerful super effective hit. Although the Grubbin is clearly hurt, she pushes through the pain and latches onto the Simisage before it can retreat, sinking her teeth into it with a strong super effective blow of her own. The Simisage scratches at her to try and get rid of her, but the Grubbin is far too resilient. You watch as the boy's Herdier releases the Pansage in had pinned, the monkey quickly flees, as does another that doesn't want to risk the same treatment. A couple of the remaining Pansage begin striking her with Vine Whips, but just like Tex, the Herdier seems determined to fight through the pain.
Big keeps a cool head for once as Tex and Simisage trade super effective blows. The battle, if he truly thought about it, wasn’t terribly high stakes. Even if Tex lost, it would only take a moment to bring the much more experienced Hotstuff and his much more diverse movepool and Fire typing out to replace her. But in the meantime, it would be good practice for the smallest of his Pokémon. This was how you gained experience after all. After that last hit though it seemed that the Simisage was unmatched by Tex in terms of speed but Big recognized the move. “Why don’t you show it that we know its tricks, give it your own Acrobatics Tex!” Big calls out. And with some weird bug limbed martial arts Tex begins hopping around and throwing blows like she was animated by Monty Oum. While she does this Big contemplates the rest of his options. She doesn’t have many moves yet, so with this Acrobatics we’ve shown all our Super-Effective hand. And the electric moves that she is good at won’t do much against that grass typing. Though they do have a secondary effect. Maybe with a little luck and some physics, we can put a little more oomph into one of them. “Ok Tex, follow up with the best Spark you can muster!” He calls out. If the spark can manage to paralyze the larger monkey Pokémon, the match will be a lot more manageable, but like any decent strategist, Big already is starting to form a backup plan.
__________________
PASBL stats
FB stats
Wild Future Stuff


Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Spoiler: show
biggggg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 05:25 AM   #561
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,389
Missingno. Master- With the situation taking a surprising turn, you find yourself in need of more information. If these men were here to help the Minior than there was no issue, if anything it meant your job here was done. However you can't help but get a gut feeling that there is something more sinister going on here. You question the Minior, hoping it might know something about the men pursuing it and its brethren, but the Rock type simply groans, it knows nothing. Hopefully your next plan is more successful. With the men inching closer with each passing second, your team tries to carry out their orders. Andromeda suddenly fades from sight, blending into her surrounding environment with almost perfect precision. Unfortunately this only seems to affect her, yet another plan was unsuccessful. George can't wait any longer, he can hear the footsteps of the men getting closer, it was time for him to spring into action!

Lights flashing he darts out from cover, initially spooking the two intruders before they become entranced in the hypnotic flashing. It takes some time, but George eventually manages to compel them into talking.

"We're on a mission", utters one of the men in a monotone voice.

"Locate the impact sight", mutters the other.

"Retrieve all Minior", adds the first man.

The men then fall silent, it seems that they are simply grunts, following orders without question. Observe has calmed his mind and reading the thoughts of the men he gives you a nod, they were speaking the truth. He is unable to determine whether their intentions are good or bad as they don't intend to do anything with the Minior, other than what they were told to do. Suddenly the men seem to snap out of their trance and reach for Pokeballs on the back of their belts.

The Pokeballs snap open, revealing a Sableye and a Skuntank, the pair of Dark types lock eyes with George. The little squid now found himself targeted by two strong looking Pokemon. With the men now looking to take down George, it would be best to think quickly.



Biggggg5- You steel yourself, Tex could handle this and even if she couldn't it was only a matter of calling on backup. The experience would be beneficial for the young Grubbin, nothing helped you grow more than fighting a formidable foe. The young boy encourages his Herdier to keep attacking the remaining Pansage. The Normal type sends another packing with a chilling Ice Fang, before turning to chase those that remained. It seemed the Simisage's troops were just about routed and if Tex had a say in it, the Simisage would soon follow.

The Grass Monkey is stunned as Tex shows a similar acrobatic skill, rivalling what it had just displayed. The Bug type lands a powerful super effective hit on the Simisage, it seems to pack a lot more power than the Simisage's..... The Grass type eventually bats the Grubbin away with a flurry of furious swipes, its sharp claws sting Tex as they strike her. Settling on the ground, sparks begin to jump between Tex's prongs as she prepares to launch herself at the Simisage. Hoping to paralyse the simian, she hurtles towards her mark but the Simisage has a trick up its sleeve. Grabbing its barbed tail it swings it around to meet the blow. The barbs on its tail extend and strengthen, creating a shield which is uses to withstand the blow. Tex is left hurt, the spikes dealing a good hit of recoil as she plops back down on the ground. The Simisage seems to have clawed ahead in this fight, if Tex is going to overcome it, she needs something else.....
__________________

TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 07:05 AM   #562
Missingno. Master
Poison-type Trainer
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 4,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Missingno. Master- With the situation taking a surprising turn, you find yourself in need of more information. If these men were here to help the Minior than there was no issue, if anything it meant your job here was done. However you can't help but get a gut feeling that there is something more sinister going on here. You question the Minior, hoping it might know something about the men pursuing it and its brethren, but the Rock type simply groans, it knows nothing. Hopefully your next plan is more successful. With the men inching closer with each passing second, your team tries to carry out their orders. Andromeda suddenly fades from sight, blending into her surrounding environment with almost perfect precision. Unfortunately this only seems to affect her, yet another plan was unsuccessful. George can't wait any longer, he can hear the footsteps of the men getting closer, it was time for him to spring into action!

Lights flashing he darts out from cover, initially spooking the two intruders before they become entranced in the hypnotic flashing. It takes some time, but George eventually manages to compel them into talking.

"We're on a mission", utters one of the men in a monotone voice.

"Locate the impact sight", mutters the other.

"Retrieve all Minior", adds the first man.

The men then fall silent, it seems that they are simply grunts, following orders without question. Observe has calmed his mind and reading the thoughts of the men he gives you a nod, they were speaking the truth. He is unable to determine whether their intentions are good or bad as they don't intend to do anything with the Minior, other than what they were told to do. Suddenly the men seem to snap out of their trance and reach for Pokeballs on the back of their belts.

The Pokeballs snap open, revealing a Sableye and a Skuntank, the pair of Dark types lock eyes with George. The little squid now found himself targeted by two strong looking Pokemon. With the men now looking to take down George, it would be best to think quickly.
Terri couldn't just assume that these men were here to help and leave it at that. She had to know for sure, and she intended to find out. Unfortunately, everything that she and her Pokémon were doing proved to be just maddeningly unhelpful in terms of finding any of this out. Or even just in general, for that matter- asking the Minior yielded no answers, the Rock/Flying-type was just as in the dark as they were. Andromeda found out, to her disappointment, that she could not extend the effects of her Camouflage beyond herself. George's Hypnosis only got them to spill the few vague details of their mission they'd been entrusted with, no trace of the mission's ultimate motive whatsoever, and Observe's mind reading reaffirmed this frustrating fact. The men were simply grunts, obeying without question, not knowing whether they were doing good or evil.

Most unfortunately, it did not end here. With George's Hypnosis wearing off, the men now knew that Terri was there, and surely they also knew of the Meteor Form Minior's presence as well. And Terri still didn't know what she should do, still didn't have all the facts... and yet, as she glanced at Minior again, recalled how it seemed to not like that the men were looking for it, Terri knew she had to go with her gut instinct. Even if this was the same gut instinct that led her to attacking the Aggron earlier- she felt like protecting this Minior was the thing to do. And even if she was wrong, she was left with no time whatsoever to second-guess herself, for the men were out of their trances, and had each sent out a Pokémon. Dark-types, no less- Terri realized that in the imminent battle, there was no question of going for her Z-Move.

Before Terri could give George a command, the Inkay found himself joined by his Medicham teammate- Observe stepped forward, showing a willingness to enter the fray as well, having first placed the Minior down beside Terri. "Whether this is the right course of action is unclear," the Medicham stated. "But, unfortunately, this time I lack the luxury of simply observing and waiting to see. If indeed action is required, it is required now. May I?" he asked Terri.

Terri nodded. "Let's do it," she said to her Pokémon. "George, use Superpower on the Skuntank and follow up with Overheat! Observe, use Meditate, and when the Sableye goes for an attack, fight back with Payback!"

As this was going on, Andromeda made sure to remain hidden, but at the ready. If she needed to jump into action, she wanted to be ready to do so, with as much of a surprise factor as Starmiely possible.
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 10-03-2018 at 07:36 AM.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 04:44 PM   #563
Raves
Brains over Brawn.
 
Raves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Posts: 1,602
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar View Post
Hey there, apologies for the delay, work has gotten crazy busy! Thanks for sticking with me c:

Raves: The world seemed to move in slow motion. You dove foward, arms outstretched to save the Buneary from becoming a pancake. The small Normal type was falling quickly, only gaining speed as it got closer and closer to the ground.

The group of young trainers at the neighboring campsite all turned to watch, alerted by the distressed squeaking of Buneary. Some of them gasped and held their breath. Though they were too far away to do anything, one of the boys called out "CATCH IT!"

Totsuka was on the same page. She plunged a claw into her trainers bag and grabbed the first Pokeball she could find. By now you had hit the ground, a cloud of dust bust underneath you and blinded you temporarily. You felt something soft brush against your fingertips. Had you missed?

There was a flash of light and the familiar sound of a ball rattling around. The dust cleared and you rubbed as much of it as you could out of your eyes. A green ball rolled wildly on the ground. The movement slowed, it shook once, twice, then there was a satisfying click.

"Zangoose!!" Totsuka cried out in joy.
"YEAH!" The group of teens cheered.
You gathered yourself and the Friend Ball. The Buneary inside was obviously tired out from all the running and falling and had stopped trying to break out. You sat down to catch your breath and take a look at your Pokemon. All three looked relieved that the Buneary was ok, particularly Golestandt. After a moment, you were approached by the girl with the Pignite again.
"Hey uh...my friends said I shoudl say sorry...That was pretty cool of you to save that Buneary." She looked embarassed to be apologizing, looking off to the side rather than at you. She held out a hand to shake in a truce.


You (Totsuka?) caught a Lv. 15 female Buneary!
Time seemed to slow down for Alex as he made his dive, realising only then that good god, Gol's a big guy, as he reached out, oblivious to the shadow pokemon rooting around in his bag. The rabbit was plummeting rapidly, and the world itself seemed to blur around him. Sure, if the Buneary landed it'd probably break a couple of bones or so, but after his last stint in the garden chasing after medical supplies, he didn't fancy burrowing around the underground for some grouchy mushroom crab.

He was vaguely aware of a sudden outburst, but remained focused on the object before him, yet to Totsuka, the sound of one of the teens crying out to catch the rabbit was what she wanted to hear. They wanted the pokemon caught, but how did these ball things work? Clutching the friend ball, the ferret chucked it forth at the Buneary with blistering speed, aimed squarely at the brown hare hurtling earthwards. As Alex slammed into the ground, arms outstretched, he exhaled as the breath was knocked out of him by his unceremonious landing, and he felt something at his fingertips, something soft. Was his trajectory off?

He couldn't tell because of the dust in his eyes as he hissed, rubbing at them to clear things up, but there was a flash of some sort, and as one bleary eye focused on the object before him, he found there to be a wobbling ball. A particular ball, in fact. One of his very few apricorn balls, which rivalled the mass produced luxury balls in terms of comfort. A couple of wobbles here and there, and the orb clicked shut. "Wha...?" he began before his confusion was absolved by a surprising cry of joy from the shadow pokemon. Of course she'd have something to do with this... he thought to himself, until he heard the teens cheering.

Cal had stood up by this point, the sudden action exciting the dragon, while Golestandt merely stood there, arms crossed and seemingly nodding if the bobbing of his upper half was anything to go by. Picking up the captured pokemon, he was in a seated position, wondering how obedience worked when a pokemon was the capturing factor, ultimately deciding that through chain of command the Buneary was still under his name. Climbing to his feet, the girl with the Pignite approached, apologising for something. Rubbing his head, still throbbing from getting slapped around by the pokemon he just caught, all Alex could do was give a half-hearted nod and accepting the handshake.

"I...it's fine. Nothing was seriously harmed, except perhaps what few scraps remained of lunch..." he whittered, gazing a little forlorn at the picnic blanket, muddied and small crumbs scattered across it as he watched the remainder of the basket's contents vanish down Cal's maw, the Garchomp having taken Alex's standing up as the cue that dinner was over. "I can imagine a certain someone's going to want some exercise to burn off those leftovers, huh?" the trainer said, staring squarely at the dragon type who blinked in puzzlement. "If it's fine with you kids, would you mind giving a couple of my guys a battle? We were going to be heading off towards the mountain after this, and they could do with some training."

He was hopeful that under proper conditions that he could perhaps tutelage a couple of his other pokemon who had came into his care fairly recently, and that the teens were up for a two-on-two situation.
__________________
Stale Water.

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 09:06 PM   #564
myahoo
Thunder Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Myahoo- Informed that you would require a Pokemon with Waterfall to reach the next level, you produce two Pokeballs. With one you release a Pokemon into the water, a Finneon by the name of Stream. With the other Pokeball you recall Wildfire, the Cyndaquil likely wouldn't enjoy what was going to happen next. Marina stares at you sceptically and with good reason.

"Ummm so that's your Pokemon that knows Waterfall?", the trial captain can barely control herself, but eventually swallows her laughter in an attempt to avoid being rude. "I'm sure he will get the job done, I'm just hoping you don't mind getting soaked in the process....." Marina mounts her Gyarados once more, leaving you to jump into the water with Stream. You wrap your hands around his small body, doing your best not to obstruct his fins. Marina takes the lead and you lay out flat to let Stream pull you along. The ride starts off pretty pleasant as you travel across the still water, but as you approach the rapids you begin to realise why Marina was concerned.

You watch as Marina's Gyarados effortlessly travels up the rapids, barely changing pace. Stream on the other hand is having a really hard time, even as he kicks into a Waterfall to try and propel himself forward. It feel like you're moving a metre a minute and you're not even at the waterfall yet! Stream eventually reaches the waterfall's base, where Marina waits patiently.

"You go first, I'll do my best to catch you if you fall but I can't make any promises." Stream seems determined but he has already used so much energy, was the little Finneon still capable of getting you to the top?
"Ummm so that's your Pokémon that knows Waterfall?" Marina said, sounding on the verge of laughter. Melissa frowned. Rude. Not that she couldn't see why someone would think it was ridiculous, but still.

"I'm sure he will get the job done," she continued. "I'm just hoping you don't mind getting soaked in the process..."

"It's not like I've got anything bigger," Melissa muttered, as the trial captain climbed onto her Gyarados. "It was either Stream or Signal and I don't think Signal's really up for something like this just yet."

Melissa waded into the water and wrapped her arms around Stream as best she could without obstructing his fins. Once she was settled, Marina led the way towards the waterfall and Melissa did her best to float along behind Stream. It was nice for a while...until they hit the rapids. Marina's Gyarados seemed to have no problem forging a way through the water, but Stream struggled. He fought for every forward movement and Melissa ended up doing a lot of spluttering and holding her breath as they headed for the base of the waterfall. By the time they got most of the way through it, Melissa was regretting not getting a larger Pokémon with Waterfall.

When they caught up to Marina, the trial captain said, "You go first, I'll do my best to catch you if you fall but I can't make any promises."

Melissa nodded and squeezed Stream. "You good?" He fluttered his fins in the distinct pattern for a yes. "Alright. Let's go."
__________________
Fizzy Bubbles
Profile | Memakyu | Throughout Our Travels

Wild Future
Profile
myahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 08:21 PM   #565
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,389
Missingno. Master- With no other option than to meet hostility with hostility, you order your Pokemon to engage the pair of Dark types. George darts straight in to attack, leaving Observe to meditate and strengthen himself. The little Inkay swells with power, striking the Skuntank with a tremendous blow that send it flying across the cavern. Unlike a regular Pokemon, the use of Superpower causes George to grow stronger, rather than weaker. George is thankful for this as the Sableye leaps at him, raking its claws across his body with a Shadow Claw. Climbing back to its feet, the Skuntank rushes towards Observe, leaping and slashing across the Medicham's legs with a Night Slash before he can avoid it.

George looks to boost himself further, swelling up as he gathers a tonne of fire energy. While he is preparing the Sableye acts quickly, firing a confusing ray of light at the squid. George finds himself confused, he knows what he's meant to be doing, but the world around him is swirling, where was his target? He lets loose the powerful burst of fire, his target jumps back in an attempt to avoid the Overheat but only manages to do so with limited success. Observe counts his blessings, he'd thankfully saw George's wrongly aimed attack coming his way and avoided a complete hit. The Inkay still received his boost, however at the moment his ability to put it to good use was questionable. Observe lets loose a rush of dark energy at the Sableye, getting payback for what it did to George. The Ghost type turns its attention to the Medicham, leaving George to deal with his confusion. The Skuntank continues its assault on Observe, playing rough with him as it strikes him with a powerful super effective hit.

Your opponents clearly had the upper hand at the moment, but it was early in the fight and your Pokemon had boosts that would give them a distinct advantage.



Myahoo- With the final waterfall awaiting you, you encourage Stream to give it all he has got. The little Finneon charges forward, slowly dragging you up through the raging water. Its a slowly climb and can feel your fingers beginning to slip. Clinging on for dear life, you keep encourage Stream as he inches closer to the top. You breathe a sigh of relief as the Finneon reaches the top of the waterfall, as he swims over to the edge of the river you put your feet down and climb out of the water.

Stream gained 2 levels!

Marina climbs down from her Gyarados, recalling the serpent and instructing you to do the same. She leads you to a small cabin, once inside she presents you with a dry towel and a warm cup of tea. While you warm yourself up, Marina contacts Jet as she promised. "Jet said he'll be down shortly", Mariana explains, "he's about to go out on a survey so its probably the perfect time for him to help you find what you're looking for." You sit around and make small talk with Marina for the better part of an hour. By the time Jet arrives, your completely dry and ready to search. Exiting the cabin you find a man waiting in a large hot air balloon basket, a Drifblim floating above his head.

"You must be Melissa", Jet beckons you over. "I believe your looking for a particular flying type? I'm about to head out and do my monthly bird survey, some help would be appreciated and I'm sure I'll be able to help you find what you're looking for." Jet swings the door of the basket open, inviting you to join him. "So, what Pokemon are you hoping to find?"
__________________

TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 08:51 PM   #566
Missingno. Master
Poison-type Trainer
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 4,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Missingno. Master- With no other option than to meet hostility with hostility, you order your Pokemon to engage the pair of Dark types. George darts straight in to attack, leaving Observe to meditate and strengthen himself. The little Inkay swells with power, striking the Skuntank with a tremendous blow that send it flying across the cavern. Unlike a regular Pokemon, the use of Superpower causes George to grow stronger, rather than weaker. George is thankful for this as the Sableye leaps at him, raking its claws across his body with a Shadow Claw. Climbing back to its feet, the Skuntank rushes towards Observe, leaping and slashing across the Medicham's legs with a Night Slash before he can avoid it.

George looks to boost himself further, swelling up as he gathers a tonne of fire energy. While he is preparing the Sableye acts quickly, firing a confusing ray of light at the squid. George finds himself confused, he knows what he's meant to be doing, but the world around him is swirling, where was his target? He lets loose the powerful burst of fire, his target jumps back in an attempt to avoid the Overheat but only manages to do so with limited success. Observe counts his blessings, he'd thankfully saw George's wrongly aimed attack coming his way and avoided a complete hit. The Inkay still received his boost, however at the moment his ability to put it to good use was questionable. Observe lets loose a rush of dark energy at the Sableye, getting payback for what it did to George. The Ghost type turns its attention to the Medicham, leaving George to deal with his confusion. The Skuntank continues its assault on Observe, playing rough with him as it strikes him with a powerful super effective hit.

Your opponents clearly had the upper hand at the moment, but it was early in the fight and your Pokemon had boosts that would give them a distinct advantage.
With no other options coming to her in the limited time she had, Terri knew a battle was inevitable here. Fortunately, as much as she preferred to find a more peaceful solution wherever possible, Terri Alph damn well knew her way around a Pokémon fight!

Unfortunately, however, aforementioned Pokémon fight was getting off to something of a rocky start. George was able to power himself up, alright, and with skillful use of moves that, thanks to his Ability, worked Contrary to how they would on most other Pokémon. That much was good- decidedly less than good was the fact that Sableye had landed a Confuse Ray, and instead of hitting its intended target, the poor confused Inkay had instead used the move on his own teammate! Thankfully, Observe was only grazed by the Overheat, but this did nothing to mitigate the confusion. Moreover, with the Inkay confused, the pair of Dark-types seemed intent on ganging up on Observe. The Medicham stared down his adversaries, just before taking a super effective Play Rough from the Skuntank- he was not going down without a fight, and he trusted in Terri to help him bring them one hell of a fight.

And Terri had no intention of letting said trust go misplaced. "Observe, now!" she exclaimed as the Play Rough concluded. "Let that Play Rough fuel your Avalanche! Then use Bide and battle the way you do best!" Then, she focused her attention on the Inkay. Observe would be able to hold his own for now, but Terri knew that she needed to help George snap out of it if they stood a chance in the long run. "Calm yourself, George," she said soothingly. "I'm right here, and you're gonna be OK, I need you to trust me on that. For now, use Reflect while you try and snap out of it, OK? I believe in you, George!"

Silently, still Camouflaged, and while doing her best to simultaneously guard the Minior, Andromeda observed the battle, and her Trainer's role in it. The Starmie wondered- would this help? Would Terri's words get through to George? She hoped so. She was only too willing to jump into the fray herself, but not right now. The little Inkay deserved this chance to prove himself, and all concerned were rooting for him to prove himself in a big way.
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 01:33 AM   #567
biggggg5
Volcano Badge
 
biggggg5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mage of Breath
Posts: 2,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Biggggg5- You steel yourself, Tex could handle this and even if she couldn't it was only a matter of calling on backup. The experience would be beneficial for the young Grubbin, nothing helped you grow more than fighting a formidable foe. The young boy encourages his Herdier to keep attacking the remaining Pansage. The Normal type sends another packing with a chilling Ice Fang, before turning to chase those that remained. It seemed the Simisage's troops were just about routed and if Tex had a say in it, the Simisage would soon follow.

The Grass Monkey is stunned as Tex shows a similar acrobatic skill, rivalling what it had just displayed. The Bug type lands a powerful super effective hit on the Simisage, it seems to pack a lot more power than the Simisage's..... The Grass type eventually bats the Grubbin away with a flurry of furious swipes, its sharp claws sting Tex as they strike her. Settling on the ground, sparks begin to jump between Tex's prongs as she prepares to launch herself at the Simisage. Hoping to paralyse the simian, she hurtles towards her mark but the Simisage has a trick up its sleeve. Grabbing its barbed tail it swings it around to meet the blow. The barbs on its tail extend and strengthen, creating a shield which is uses to withstand the blow. Tex is left hurt, the spikes dealing a good hit of recoil as she plops back down on the ground. The Simisage seems to have clawed ahead in this fight, if Tex is going to overcome it, she needs something else.....

Big watches as Tex matches and even seems to exceed the speed of the Simisage, and it takes a second for him to realize why exactly her blow seemed to do more damage. His eyes then glance over the berries scattered about and Big remembers the special properties of the move: if the pokemon isn't holding an item, the power of the move is boosted. The berry thief must still have some on his person while Tex is unencumbered. That gives Big the spark of an idea but is interrupted by her own spark getting blocked by the Simisage's Spiky Shield which causes Big to flinch a little at the impact. Looks like this plan would be a necessity rather than a time saver as Tex dropped into a much worse position. But as she did Big dug into the bottom of his pack. It had been almost half a year since he had gotten these as there wasn't a lot of situations he would use one over a longer lasting item. He finally grabs what he is searching for and shouts out: "Tex! Catch! And then Acrobatics!" Big throws the Flying gem as best as he could over to the bug pokemon. He recalls seeing a similar combo in a tournament match, though it was with a flying type, but this should still work, especially since Spiky Shield would be much less effective to attempt right away again. But in case the Simisage proved to be more resilient: "Finish it off with a Vice Grip too!"
__________________
PASBL stats
FB stats
Wild Future Stuff


Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Spoiler: show
biggggg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 06:56 PM   #568
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,389
Missingno. Master- Watching your Pokemon quickly fall behind their opponents, you have faith that they can make a comeback. Observe already has a plan in mind, as he begins to gather a mountain of snow above the attacking Skuntank. The snow swells with every hit the Skuntank lands before eventually it is too much and Observe buries the Poison type beneath an avalanche snow. While the Skuntank tries to get free, Observe simply waits, Biding his time as the Sableye comes in to join the assault. The Sableye rakes its Shadow Claws across Observe's chest, the Medicham does nothing to stop the Ghost from landing super effective blow. The aura around the Fighting type begins to swell, increasing in power, but was it worth the price of having to take a super effective hit? You watch as George floats around aimlessly, still struggling with his confusion.

The Skuntank eventually claws itself free of the avalanche and now seeks to return serve. Leaping at Medicham with another Night Slash, the attack is met by resistance as a reflective screen appears in front of the Fighting type. The Skuntank eventually hits its mark, sinking its claws into the Medicham. The Poison type is instantly struck with regret, as well as a powerful beam of energy as Observe bide aura erupts. The Skuntank is blasted across the cavern once more, it rises from the hard floor however it seems to be struggling. Observe is also showing signs of weakness, he limps backwards away from the Sableye. The Ghost isn't going to let him get away however, sneaking forward with a fast attack, popping up behind him like a shadow and sinking its claws into his back. George seems to have a little more control over his actions now, he was going to need to help Observe before it was too late.




Biggggg5- With the young man's Herdier having nearly cleared off the Pansage, you knew Tex could overcome the Simisage. The Grass typed Monkey had opened up a bit of a lead, but you also noticed that Tex had a bit of an edge. The Bug type's Acrobatics was noticeably stronger than Simisage's which was a surprise considering the Simisage was inherently stronger. Then you recall the mechanics of the move, if a Pokemon wasn't burdened by a held item, the attack would be twice as powerful. That meant the Simisage must have been holding a berry or something, making its main means of super effective damage weaker. Once you start thinking about the move's mechanics, you are reminded of a devastating tactic you once witnessed at a tournament. Fishing into your bag, you retrieve a Flying Gem and toss it to Tex. The Grubbin clutches the gem in its prongs, she could sense your plan before the orders even leave your mouth.

The gem disappears, however its power remains in Tex. The Grubbin leaps at the Simisage once more, this time her acrobatic strikes are even swifter and stronger than before. The Simisage can do nothing to stop the relentless attacks, its forced to its knees, it seems to be on the verge of defeat. However, the Simisage isn't done yet. It produces an Occa Berry from somewhere and grasping the berry in both hands it begins to draw the natural energy from the fruit. Suddenly the Simisage lets out a burst of fire, roasting the surprised Tex. The Grubbin is concealed by smoke, was she done for? Suddenly the bug springs from the smoke, jamming her prongs into the Grass type's leg. The Simisage cries out in pain, shaking the Bug loose he turns tail and retreats, the last Pansage retreats alongside him. Tex slumps to the ground, exhausted but victorious.

Tex gained 4 levels

The boy comes over to you, inspecting the worn out Tex he retrieves a pear shaped berry from his pocket. Offering it to the bug, Tex quickly consumes it and looks much better, she could still use a break however. "Thank you for your help stranger. My name is Isaac Applewood, my family own and run the orchard. All the Simians have been acting up lately. They used to all help out around the orchard. Simisage's crew used to helping with the planting and pruning, Simisear's used to help burn back weeds and clear dead trees while Simipour's used to keep the trees well watered. In return we allowed them to take the berries from the trees, but they'd only ever take what they needed. However lately Simisage and Simisear have been fighting with each other, which is probably why Simisage had the Pansage's stripping all of the Occa Berries. I haven't seen Simipour in weeks, maybe her absence is why the other two troops are going crazy? I haven't had any luck looking for her and the Panpours though, do you think you could help me search?"
__________________


Last edited by TheKnightsFury; 10-19-2018 at 09:52 PM.
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 07:40 PM   #569
Missingno. Master
Poison-type Trainer
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 4,738
Inkay

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Missingo. Master- Watching your Pokemon quickly fall behind their opponents, you have faith that they can make a comeback. Observe already has a plan in mind, as he begins to gather a mountain of snow above the attacking Skuntank. The snow swells with every hit the Skuntank lands before eventually it is too much and Observe buries the Poison type beneath an avalanche snow. While the Skuntank tries to get free, Observe simply waits, Biding his time as the Sableye comes in to join the assault. The Sableye rakes its Shadow Claws across Observe's chest, the Medicham does nothing to stop the Ghost from landing super effective blow. The aura around the Fighting type begins to swell, increasing in power, but was it worth the price of having to take a super effective hit? You watch as George floats around aimlessly, still struggling with his confusion.

The Skuntank eventually claws itself free of the avalanche and now seeks to return serve. Leaping at Medicham with another Night Slash, the attack is met by resistance as a reflective screen appears in front of the Fighting type. The Skuntank eventually hits its mark, sinking its claws into the Medicham. The Poison type is instantly struck with regret, as well as a powerful beam of energy as Observe bide aura erupts. The Skuntank is blasted across the cavern once more, it rises from the hard floor however it seems to be struggling. Observe is also showing signs of weakness, he limps backwards away from the Sableye. The Ghost isn't going to let him get away however, sneaking forward with a fast attack, popping up behind him like a shadow and sinking its claws into his back. George seems to have a little more control over his actions now, he was going to need to help Observe before it was too late.
Observe was aptly named. The Medicham was never one to rush into a battle. Rather, his preferred battle style was to wait and see what the best course of action would be before doing just that. Observe his opponents. Counterattacks were what he liked best, and Terri knew this. Therefore, teaching him Avalanche had proven to be a very good call, as the Medicham used the move to great effect, burying the Skuntank in a pile of snow bolstered by its own offensive onslaught.

And George... as Observe took damage, patiently biding his time, the Inkay was still struggling with the confusion. He was hearing Terri's words, and as disoriented as he was, he knew that Terri was there for him... somewhere. As he floated aimlessly, George rotated in midair, turning himself upside down without conscious thought. Not exactly the best move for most folks looking to get less disoriented, but George wasn't most folks. Inkay as a species seemed to exist solely to be contrary, and not just in terms of Ability. At first glance, they looked like ocean-dwelling Water-types, and instead they were land-dwelling Dark/Psychic-types. And Inkay generally had no problem being upside down. In fact, some might even call it fundamental for them.

From his upside down position, George erected a Reflect, just in time to soften the Night Slash Observe took from Skuntank, but not so much as to render Bide useless- the Medicham let fly a beam of energy that blasted the Skuntank backwards. But now the Sableye was coming out to play, and Observe wasn't doing too hot.

Andromeda looked up at Terri, but Terri did not look worried. The young girl's gaze was fixed resolutely on George. And the Starmie wasn't the only one to notice this- one of the first lucid sights George caught a glimpse of was the look of confidence he was getting from his Trainer. And just after, another sight- Observe getting assaulted by the Sableye. The confusion hadn't cleared up completely just yet, but one vital fact was cutting through it. Well, no- more like two facts. One, Observe needed George's help, and needed it now. And second... George could fucking do this.

The upside-down Inkay started to glow brightly. Terri gave a satisfied smile at this, looking completely unsurprised at this development. The tentacles lengthened somewhat. The thin arms lengthened, gaining points on the end. The body lengthened, that little fin-like thing on the "top" turning into a pair of feet- for it was very clearly now the bottom. Even though George wasn't turning back over, there was no need, for the was very clearly no longer upside down. Terri's smile widened as she produced her Pokédex and scanned George's new form.

"Malamar, the Overturning Pokémon. A Dark and Psychic-type, and the evolved form of Inkay. Malamar wields the most compelling hypnotic powers of any Pokémon. It uses its power to lure in its prey before constricting it and using digestive juices to finish the job."

"Let's go, now!" grinned Terri. "Observe, use Detect to dodge the next move coming your way, then hit Skuntank with Reversal! George, you handle the Sableye- use Payback, and follow up with Overheat!" Observe might have been greatly weakened, but he was by no means out just yet. And between that and the newly evolved Malamar now backing him up, things were looking up.


Code:
ˇƃuᴉʌloʌǝ sᴉ ʎɐʞuI żʇɐɥM



...

...

...!



Congratulations! Your Inkay evolved into Malamar!

*George learned Reversal!*
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 12:39 PM   #570
Sandaa
Yayyy
 
Sandaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,023
Apologies for the delay, you guys deserve better than this. I’ll be better going forward.

Heather:
Incensed by Marcus’ attitude and actions, Mint continued her stern lecture at the young boy who was going down the wrong path in life. As he commanded Kimmy’s old Sentret to attack the helpful Oricorio, Mint summoned her Hitmontop Pastinha to act as a bodyguard. Eager to put this brat in his place, Mint issued more commands to Celeste in hopes of finishing off Sneasel quickly.

With tears in its eyes, Sentret hobbled forward at the small yellow avian cheerleader and prepared its claws for a Scratch. However, Pastinha was able to Detect its approach fairly easily and stood in the Sentret’s way and shrugged off the half-hearted attack. Kimmy watched on with tears in her own eyes, heartbroken that her former Pokemon was ordered to do something against its will, she called out to it, “Hang in there, Chi! We’ll get you back soon! You can do it, Celeste!”

The Chatot was preoccupied with her own battle at the moment, as the menacing Sneasel angrily stared her down. It lunged forward, claws bared for a Fury Swipe, but a sudden Tailwind gave the parrot a much needed lift under her wings as she began to flap them. A scorching Heat Wave singed the weasel, who hissed and blew a chilling Icy Wind to try and cool off Celeste. However, a surge of energy welled up inside of the Chatot as the Oricorio’s cheers gave her a boosting Helping Hand, and a second Heat Wave overwhelmed the frosty gust.

Celeste opened her beak, hoping to finish off the Sneasel with a Hyper Voice but no sound came out due to her still sore throat. Sneasel glowered at her as it stood before her, but no action was necessary. Before it could make a move, Sneasel collapsed, falling face first on the ground in defeat. “Yes!” Kimmy exclaimed as she jumped for joy. “Thank you so much Miss Mint, you’re the best!” Chi the Sentret leapt forward into Kimmy’s arms as they shared an emotional hug.

Marcus spat on the ground as he recalled Sneasel to its Pokeball. “Finish it,” he said to Ratty, who sneered at the worn-out Celeste and approached her with fangs bared. “No,” Kimmy called out as she faced her bully head-on. “I won’t let you do this anymore! Stop him, Chi!” The Sentret quickly nodded and dashed forward at blinding speeds. Her body began to glow and stretch into a lengthier, more streamlined form. As the glowing ceased, the now Furret slammed into the Raticate with a crushing Quick Attack and began wailing on it with a flurry of Fury Swipes.

“Okay, fine! I give! I didn’t want your stupid Pokemon anyway!” Marcus recalled his Raticate with tears in his eyes and ran off. Mint looked like she was about to pursue the boy in protest, but Kimmy held out a hand with a big smile on her face. “Thank you, it’s okay now. I think we’ll be able to handle him from now on. Together,” she grinned as she hugged Chi once more, admiring her new form.

Celeste has grown 2 levels!

With the conflict now settled, Mint and her Pokemon took a collective sigh of relief. Celeste appeared to finally be getting her voice back. However, not all business was finished. The helpful Oricorio still remained present and looked up at Mint expectantly. The little cheerleader had taken a liking to the trainer and appeared willing to join her, as long as she could best it in a battle first. What will Mint do?


TheKnightsFury:
Time was of the essence and Jayson needed to get to the top of the cliff side fast. He quickly healed the tired Fenrir and summoned his trusty sword Pokemon as well as he prepared for whatever may be waiting at the top. Ready to go, Fenrir nimbly took the lead as he leapt from rock to rock. Jayson was not far behind as he scrambled up the steep and winding slope.

It took a short while to climb up the narrow hiking trail, and Jayson dared not look down as he remained solely focused on going up. As they neared the top, they could hear a flurry of activity in the form of angry growls, snarls, and barking. A few howls echoed off the mountainside, sending a chill down Jayson’s spine. Getting a firm foothold, he powered through it and climbed his way to the top, where his Pokemon waited for him, having just arrived moments before.

While they might have only been 100 yards higher than they were before, being out on the open cliff face made it seem like the moon was even bigger and closer than before as its haunting red light cast across the setting. Before them stood a circle of wolves, the vast majority of them being Midday form Lycanrocs who barked from the sidelines as they spectated two larger forms squaring off in the middle. A massive red bipedal wolf stood over another large canid in its own right, with spiky copper fur. The midnight form seemed to almost be glowing with an ominous red aura, as if it were getting its power straight from the moon itself. The copper Dusk form appeared to be on the ropes, and as it got too close to the ring of spectators, a few of the Midday Lycanrocs nipped at its heels, fangs bared.

Taking this all in, Fenrir suddenly began to howl uncontrollably, catching the attention of the pack. The most distracted of all was the Dusk form in the middle, both relieved to see her pup once again, but also now worried about the danger he was in. With the Dusk form’s guard down temporarily, the Midnight form smirked and lunged forward, dealing a devastating Sucker Punch to his opponent’s gut. The Dusk form gasped for air as she was sent flying toward the edge of the cliff. Digging her claws into the rock was all she could do to barely hang on from falling over the side. The Midnight form glared down at her triumphantly, ready to deal the finishing blow. Fenrir darted forward to his mother’s aid, but before Jayson and his Pokemon could join in, the rest of the pack faced them, ready to hold them off from interfering. What will he and Fenrir do?
__________________
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 01:32 PM   #571
Heather
Gay Dragon Rider
 
Heather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Under the Gay Cloud
Posts: 2,997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaa View Post
Heather:
Incensed by Marcus’ attitude and actions, Mint continued her stern lecture at the young boy who was going down the wrong path in life. As he commanded Kimmy’s old Sentret to attack the helpful Oricorio, Mint summoned her Hitmontop Pastinha to act as a bodyguard. Eager to put this brat in his place, Mint issued more commands to Celeste in hopes of finishing off Sneasel quickly.

With tears in its eyes, Sentret hobbled forward at the small yellow avian cheerleader and prepared its claws for a Scratch. However, Pastinha was able to Detect its approach fairly easily and stood in the Sentret’s way and shrugged off the half-hearted attack. Kimmy watched on with tears in her own eyes, heartbroken that her former Pokemon was ordered to do something against its will, she called out to it, “Hang in there, Chi! We’ll get you back soon! You can do it, Celeste!”

The Chatot was preoccupied with her own battle at the moment, as the menacing Sneasel angrily stared her down. It lunged forward, claws bared for a Fury Swipe, but a sudden Tailwind gave the parrot a much needed lift under her wings as she began to flap them. A scorching Heat Wave singed the weasel, who hissed and blew a chilling Icy Wind to try and cool off Celeste. However, a surge of energy welled up inside of the Chatot as the Oricorio’s cheers gave her a boosting Helping Hand, and a second Heat Wave overwhelmed the frosty gust.

Celeste opened her beak, hoping to finish off the Sneasel with a Hyper Voice but no sound came out due to her still sore throat. Sneasel glowered at her as it stood before her, but no action was necessary. Before it could make a move, Sneasel collapsed, falling face first on the ground in defeat. “Yes!” Kimmy exclaimed as she jumped for joy. “Thank you so much Miss Mint, you’re the best!” Chi the Sentret leapt forward into Kimmy’s arms as they shared an emotional hug.

Marcus spat on the ground as he recalled Sneasel to its Pokeball. “Finish it,” he said to Ratty, who sneered at the worn-out Celeste and approached her with fangs bared. “No,” Kimmy called out as she faced her bully head-on. “I won’t let you do this anymore! Stop him, Chi!” The Sentret quickly nodded and dashed forward at blinding speeds. Her body began to glow and stretch into a lengthier, more streamlined form. As the glowing ceased, the now Furret slammed into the Raticate with a crushing Quick Attack and began wailing on it with a flurry of Fury Swipes.

“Okay, fine! I give! I didn’t want your stupid Pokemon anyway!” Marcus recalled his Raticate with tears in his eyes and ran off. Mint looked like she was about to pursue the boy in protest, but Kimmy held out a hand with a big smile on her face. “Thank you, it’s okay now. I think we’ll be able to handle him from now on. Together,” she grinned as she hugged Chi once more, admiring her new form.

Celeste has grown 2 levels!

With the conflict now settled, Mint and her Pokemon took a collective sigh of relief. Celeste appeared to finally be getting her voice back. However, not all business was finished. The helpful Oricorio still remained present and looked up at Mint expectantly. The little cheerleader had taken a liking to the trainer and appeared willing to join her, as long as she could best it in a battle first. What will Mint do?
Mint breathed a sigh of relief to see that Pastinha had his situtation well in hand. Chi, as the Sentret was apparently called, wasn't going to be taking Pastinha down anytime soon with those Scratch attacks, and with virtually no time to recover from its earlier defeat, it certainly had no chance of getting around the Hitmontop either, for it lacked the agility. Kimmy reassured Chi that she would be returned soon, and began to cheer on Celeste herself.

On the main battlefield, Celeste was quite enjoying the continued safety of her cheerleader, as doses of Tailwind and Helping Hand kept her adversary from getting close to her as she threw out more Heat Waves, knowing she needed to end this quickly. Her wings growing tired, however, she tried to let out a bellowing Hyper Voice to end things...

But no sound came out, just the dull throb of her throat. Throat Chop wasn't lasting much longer, but, that had left Sneasel an opportunity.

An opportunity that was never taken, as at that moment, the damage from several Heat Waves turned out to be just too much, and Sneasel keeled over, defeated. Mint breathed a sigh of relief at this, and Chi immediately seized the opportunity to leap into Kimmy's arms, the two sharing an emotional hug that Mint couldn't help but feel good watching as Pastinha came back to his Trainer's side. Blessedly, it seemed that Chi was a bit better rested now.

Marcus, however, wasn't going to take this sitting down.

"Finish it." he growled to his Raticate, which bore down on Celeste before either Mint or Pastinha could even react, and thus Kimmy and Chi were left to take the initiative. Chi burst from their Trainer's arms, and Mint gasped as their form began to glow and elongate before barreling headlong into the Raticate. The newly evolved Furret's Quick Attack bowled it over, and a prompt follow up with Fury Swipes put Marcus' last ditch effort to bed.

"Okay, fine, I give! I didn't want your stupid Pokemon anyway!" Marcus shouted as he ran away teary eyed after returning his Pokemon. Mint nearly stormed after him to shout a lecture that he should at least want something he was going to be so reckless for, but Kimmy stopped her.

"Thank you for everything, you're the best, really! But I think Chi and I can handle him from here on out." she said. Mint sighed.

"Alright, if you're sure. Just...don't let him do anything reckless, alright? Maybe he'll listen to you more than me." Mint said, before waving Kimmy goodbye as she ran after Marcus. Mint immediately returned Celeste to her Poke Ball, while she wasn't too much a fan of it, she was pretty banged up from that fight and would need some proper rest. Not to mention, a certain Oricorio was looking quite eager to have Mint prove herself a worthy Trainer, and Celeste wouldn't do too hot against the Electric type, nor would Pastinha do well against its flying moves. Mint looked the little bird in the eye and took a Cherish Ball from her bag, releasing from in it her Trapinch, Bantu, who snapped his jaws eagerly at his apparent opponent.

"So, you ready for this?" Mint asked to seemingly both Pokemon at once, both of them giving a quick nod. "Let's begin, then! Bantu, Feint Attack, follow with Bite!"
__________________
Confidence (Some Assembly Required): Because NQNH's save file is now RIP
Spoiler: show

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Mint Earhart
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 05:11 PM   #572
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaa View Post
TheKnightsFury:
Time was of the essence and Jayson needed to get to the top of the cliff side fast. He quickly healed the tired Fenrir and summoned his trusty sword Pokemon as well as he prepared for whatever may be waiting at the top. Ready to go, Fenrir nimbly took the lead as he leapt from rock to rock. Jayson was not far behind as he scrambled up the steep and winding slope.

It took a short while to climb up the narrow hiking trail, and Jayson dared not look down as he remained solely focused on going up. As they neared the top, they could hear a flurry of activity in the form of angry growls, snarls, and barking. A few howls echoed off the mountainside, sending a chill down Jayson’s spine. Getting a firm foothold, he powered through it and climbed his way to the top, where his Pokemon waited for him, having just arrived moments before.

While they might have only been 100 yards higher than they were before, being out on the open cliff face made it seem like the moon was even bigger and closer than before as its haunting red light cast across the setting. Before them stood a circle of wolves, the vast majority of them being Midday form Lycanrocs who barked from the sidelines as they spectated two larger forms squaring off in the middle. A massive red bipedal wolf stood over another large canid in its own right, with spiky copper fur. The midnight form seemed to almost be glowing with an ominous red aura, as if it were getting its power straight from the moon itself. The copper Dusk form appeared to be on the ropes, and as it got too close to the ring of spectators, a few of the Midday Lycanrocs nipped at its heels, fangs bared.

Taking this all in, Fenrir suddenly began to howl uncontrollably, catching the attention of the pack. The most distracted of all was the Dusk form in the middle, both relieved to see her pup once again, but also now worried about the danger he was in. With the Dusk form’s guard down temporarily, the Midnight form smirked and lunged forward, dealing a devastating Sucker Punch to his opponent’s gut. The Dusk form gasped for air as she was sent flying toward the edge of the cliff. Digging her claws into the rock was all she could do to barely hang on from falling over the side. The Midnight form glared down at her triumphantly, ready to deal the finishing blow. Fenrir darted forward to his mother’s aid, but before Jayson and his Pokemon could join in, the rest of the pack faced them, ready to hold them off from interfering. What will he and Fenrir do?
[/size]
As they reached the summit, Jayson watched in awe and fear as the two Lycanrocs fought, surrounded by a ring of more Lycanroc. Everything seemed to fall into place for Jayson as he watched the wolves fight, he finally had clarity. The Dusk Form Lycanroc was Fenrir's mother, she must have been the packs alpha. Jayson knew about the Dusk Form of Lycanroc, but he had never actually seen one. Normally the Dusk Form would hold a distinct advantage over both regular forms. This Midnight Lycanroc seemed to be drawing energy from the blood moon and was using the power to challenge Fenrir's mother for dominance of the pack. One of its followers was likely responsible for hurting Fenrir, he was the rightful heir should his mother fall, they had to get him out of the way. With his mother on the ropes, Fenrir couldn't help but blow the element of surprise and Jayson quickly found himself at the mercy of the pack. It wasn't Jayson's place to intrude here. This was a challenge for dominance of the pack, if he got involved than the victor wouldn't even be a valid leader. Fenrir however had a rightful place in this fight and Jayson hoped the Lycanroc would calm down if only Fenrir entered the fray.

"Honedge stand down, this is Fenrir's fight", Jayson's orders cause the Honedge to sheathe itself and attach to his back. Fenrir let out a Howl, hoping to get the hulking Midnight Lycanroc's attention. "Oi Midnight!" Jayson shouted, "your job isn't finished until you take out her pup as well!" Jayson wasn't sure Fenrir could take the Lycanroc, but it was their only option. The Midnight Lycanroc was big and strong, but Fenrir was smaller and faster. "Fenrir wait for it to come at you, then scoot out of the way, kicking a Sand Attack into its eyes. Flank it and bite down on its tail with a Thunder Fang, don't let go!"
__________________

TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 09:25 PM   #573
myahoo
Thunder Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 575
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Myahoo- With the final waterfall awaiting you, you encourage Stream to give it all he has got. The little Finneon charges forward, slowly dragging you up through the raging water. Its a slowly climb and can feel your fingers beginning to slip. Clinging on for dear life, you keep encourage Stream as he inches closer to the top. You breathe a sigh of relief as the Finneon reaches the top of the waterfall, as he swims over to the edge of the river you put your feet down and climb out of the water.

Stream gained 2 levels!

Marina climbs down from her Gyarados, recalling the serpent and instructing you to do the same. She leads you to a small cabin, once inside she presents you with a dry towel and a warm cup of tea. While you warm yourself up, Marina contacts Jet as she promised. "Jet said he'll be down shortly", Mariana explains, "he's about to go out on a survey so its probably the perfect time for him to help you find what you're looking for." You sit around and make small talk with Marina for the better part of an hour. By the time Jet arrives, your completely dry and ready to search. Exiting the cabin you find a man waiting in a large hot air balloon basket, a Drifblim floating above his head.

"You must be Melissa", Jet beckons you over. "I believe your looking for a particular flying type? I'm about to head out and do my monthly bird survey, some help would be appreciated and I'm sure I'll be able to help you find what you're looking for." Jet swings the door of the basket open, inviting you to join him. "So, what Pokemon are you hoping to find?"
Stream charged into the waterfall and began climbing. Slowly, they inched their way up and Melissa found herself doing a lot of spluttering and trying not to inhale water between giving Stream what encouragement she could. It was really freaking cold, though. She wasn't entirely sure she could feel her arms right now, but she attempted to tighten her grip on Stream anyway.

Finally, they made it to the top of the waterfall and Stream tugged her to the shore. Melissa eased her arms out of the grip they'd had around her Finneon and winced at her muscles' complaints. Yeaaaah, she really needed a larger Pokémon for trips like that.

"Nice job, Stream."

He beamed and fluttered his tailfins as Marina made it to shore, recalling her Gyarados and suggesting Melissa did the same. With a nod, she did and then followed the trial captain to a small cabin, where she was offered a towel and a cup of tea. Melissa immediately took the towel to start drying off as Marina contacted Jet.

"Jet said he'll be down shortly," Marina said, once she was done. "He's about to go out on a survey so it's probably the perfect time for him to help you find what you're looking for."

"Sounds good," Melissa replied, untying her hair and rubbing at it with the towel.

When she got as dry as she figured she'd get, she took a seat and grabbed the cup of tea, using the drink's heat to warm her hands. They made some small talk while they waited for Jet to arrive, Melissa taking frequent drinks from her tea and refilling the cup when she ran out.

By the time Jet arrived, Melissa was dry, warm, and ready to head out to search again. Thanking Marina for the help, she exited the cabin and looked over at the person in the hot air balloon basket being carried by a Drifblim.

"You must be Melissa," the person who was probably Jet said, beckoning Melissa over. "I believe you're looking for a particular flying type?" Melissa nodded and hummed her agreement. "I'm about to head out and do my monthly bird survey; some help would be appreciated and I'm sure I'll be able to help you find what you're looking for." He swung the door of the basket open, clearly inviting her to join him. "So, what Pokémon are you hoping to find?"

Melissa clambered aboard and glanced worriedly at the door in the side of the hot air balloon basket for a moment before turning back to Jet. "Nice to meet you. I'm looking for a Pidgey and both Marina and Samuel said you're the person to go to for that. I'd love to help with the bird survey, though."
__________________
Fizzy Bubbles
Profile | Memakyu | Throughout Our Travels

Wild Future
Profile
myahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 05:30 PM   #574
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One
 
Ironthunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Getting train rekt
Posts: 2,418
Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaa View Post
Galea Plains: A vast stretch of rolling grassy hills. There are a few scattered trees that supply shade as a gentle breeze blows from the mountain. There is a ranger’s cabin that allows travelers to rest up their Pokemon and prepare for the hike that is yet to come. A wide variety of Pokemon inhabit this area. (Please reply in lightgreen)
From above, the Cloud Garden looked picturesque, and a damned sight warmer than the last time Liawe was here. Smiling to herself at the memory of the events, particularly the escapades of her heroic Caterpie in that frosted hellscape, she ordered Caeda to begin descending, landing her in the rolling hills of the Galea Plains.

Dismounting from her avian accomplice, Liawe took a moment to stretch in the sunlight. Long flights often left the muscles cramped, and she did not want more muscle cramps. Taking the time to thank Caeda, she strolled a short way in the sunlight, coming to the top of the hill before it occurred to her to check her bag. Her team had an awful habit of deciding to sneak their Pokeballs into her backpack, thus ensuring they were her accomplices on her next adventure, and the wrong team composition could lead to dangerous results. Opening her bag, she checked the main compartment to find Caeda's Pokeball and four others that she couldn't recall putting in there. Sighing, she took them from her bag and ran her hands over them, dreading the potential combinations she could have as a result of this less-than-ideal method of team selection. Any combination containing one or both of Hope and Sheut was almost guaranteed to end up with catastrophes abound due to their tendency towards pranks and their otherwise twisted natures. She released two of them, and was pleased to see that instead of the two troublemakers she instead ended up having Carl and Summer tag along, the Starly and Vulpix moving to greet Caeda, who was now recovering from her journey. Gladdened by the sight of the calmer members of her team, Liawe reaches for the other two balls, only to realise that their occupants had decided not to wait for Liawe to check and had instead jumped out when they realised they were on the ground and Liawe wasn't able to confine them to storage. This took the form of Mae buzzing out of her backpack, and Calem climbing up her arm as she rummaged in the bag. The sight of the two Bugs set her mind at ease, knowing that her troublemakers were both in storage at the minute. Hopefully they weren't pestering her other Pokemon too much. as she set off to join her Pokemon for lunch at the top of the nearest hill, she became aware of rustling in her backpack. Sitting down, she began to unpack, much to the interest of her Pokemon who all clearly thought it was lunchtime. It was not lunchtime, but the disturbance was soon revealed to be Tantei, who lay asleep at the bottom of her pack. The pudgy Dedenne stirred and slowly awoke at the disturbance, as Liawe lifted him out and onto the grass, where he looked bemusedly at his surroundings. He was completely unaware he'd stowed away for the adventure, he'd just been looking for a comfy napping spot. Laughing to herself at the Dedenne's bemusement, she quickly did a swift headcount. Caeda, Carl, Summer, Calem, Mae and Tantei. Six friends and herself in the middle of a plain. What could go wrong?
__________________
Ironthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 01:25 AM   #575
biggggg5
Volcano Badge
 
biggggg5's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mage of Breath
Posts: 2,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Biggggg5- With the young man's Herdier having nearly cleared off the Pansage, you knew Tex could overcome the Simisage. The Grass typed Monkey had opened up a bit of a lead, but you also noticed that Tex had a bit of an edge. The Bug type's Acrobatics was noticeably stronger than Simisage's which was a surprise considering the Simisage was inherently stronger. Then you recall the mechanics of the move, if a Pokemon wasn't burdened by a held item, the attack would be twice as powerful. That meant the Simisage must have been holding a berry or something, making its main means of super effective damage weaker. Once you start thinking about the move's mechanics, you are reminded of a devastating tactic you once witnessed at a tournament. Fishing into your bag, you retrieve a Flying Gem and toss it to Tex. The Grubbin clutches the gem in its prongs, she could sense your plan before the orders even leave your mouth.

The gem disappears, however its power remains in Tex. The Grubbin leaps at the Simisage once more, this time her acrobatic strikes are even swifter and stronger than before. The Simisage can do nothing to stop the relentless attacks, its forced to its knees, it seems to be on the verge of defeat. However, the Simisage isn't done yet. It produces an Occa Berry from somewhere and grasping the berry in both hands it begins to draw the natural energy from the fruit. Suddenly the Simisage lets out a burst of fire, roasting the surprised Tex. The Grubbin is concealed by smoke, was she done for? Suddenly the bug springs from the smoke, jamming her prongs into the Grass type's leg. The Simisage cries out in pain, shaking the Bug loose he turns tail and retreats, the last Pansage retreats alongside him. Tex slumps to the ground, exhausted but victorious.

Tex gained 4 levels

The boy comes over to you, inspecting the worn out Tex he retrieves a pear shaped berry from his pocket. Offering it to the bug, Tex quickly consumes it and looks much better, she could still use a break however. "Thank you for your help stranger. My name is Isaac Applewood, my family own and run the orchard. All the Simians have been acting up lately. They used to all help out around the orchard. Simisage's crew used to helping with the planting and pruning, Simisear's used to help burn back weeds and clear dead trees while Simipour's used to keep the trees well watered. In return we allowed them to take the berries from the trees, but they'd only ever take what they needed. However lately Simisage and Simisear have been fighting with each other, which is probably why Simisage had the Pansage's stripping all of the Occa Berries. I haven't seen Simipour in weeks, maybe her absence is why the other two troops are going crazy? I haven't had any luck looking for her and the Panpours though, do you think you could help me search?"
Big lets out a small sigh of relief as Tex catches the gem and absorbs its power. While he was confident in his pokemon's abilities, he had much less faith in his throwing skills. But with her catching and absorbing the gem Big pumps his arm as her movements speeds up and she blitzes the simisage with her super powered up acrobatic prowess. The monkey seems on the verge of defeat when it pulls out the Occa berry it was holding on to and harnesses its power to unleash a gout of flame at Tex. Big gasps and his eyes scan over the smoke generated by the flames to see if Tex fell. His hand begins to reach for Hotstuff's pokeball without really meaning too when Tex makes a triumphant leap out of the smoke and jabs her prongs into the leg of the grass pokemon. The damage finally causes the Simisage to realize that it doesn't want this fight anymore and quickly flees with the last pansage. Big lets a out a sigh in relief in unison with Tex relaxing in victory. "Great job Tex. Why... why don’t you hold onto another one of those." He pants out and hands another flying gem to the bug pokemon as she relaxes even more and takes the berry, eating it very efficiently. She then gives a begrudging nod to Big and he nods back before recalling her to get some rest. He then turns his attention on the human and takes in his story. "Ah, I thought they might have been helpers around the orchard, that's why we held off on attacking at first," Big says. "I'm Big, and luckily for the both of us, this is exactly the kind of adventure I was wandering around here looking for." He explains. "I'd be more than happy to help look. If you could point me in the direction of where Simipour was last seen."
__________________
PASBL stats
FB stats
Wild Future Stuff


Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Spoiler: show

Last edited by biggggg5; 10-15-2018 at 02:47 PM.
biggggg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:21 AM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.