Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2014, 11:50 PM   #1
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Nekomimi Survivor

This image fell into my lap today:

ねこを擬人化して 仲間しよう! "Let's anthropomorphize cats and make friends!"

Initially, I was ready to dismiss it the way one usually does dismiss things that are only mildly amusing. But I was just barely intrigued enough, I suppose, as I decided to look into the source of this picture. And what I discovered ...

... is that this picture comes from a smartphone JRPG called Nekomimi Survivor.

trailer (日本語)

Spoiler: show
猫耳なでなで擬人化RPG!?

味方キャラはみんな"ネコ耳"!
猫を擬人化して、一緒に冒険しよう!

わんこ達が飼い主からの愛を独り占めするために、
にゃんこ達をさらってしまった。
状況を変えたのは、天才ハカセ猫!
「わんこ達からにゃんこを取り戻すのにゃ!」

ハカセの作ったアプリを使って、
猫を擬人化して、にゃんこを助けよう!

なでなでバトルでわんこ達をやっつけろ!

公式ホームページ http://nekosaba.jp/

■■Android版 事前登録受付中にゃ!■■
予約トップ10 https://yoyaku-top10.jp/u/a/NzI0OQ

iOS版は今冬配信予定にゃん♪

opening movie (日本語)

Spoiler: show
猫耳なでなで擬人化RPG「猫耳さばいばー!」オープニングムービー公開にゃ♪

味方キャラはみんな猫耳!
"にゃんこカメラ"で猫を擬人化して一緒に冒険♪
囚われのにゃんこ達をなでなでバトルで救うにゃん!

■猫耳さばいばー!公式サイト
http://nekosaba.jp/

■プロモーションムービーはこちらにゃ♪
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEmqqs...

Google Play/App Store にて配信予定!

オープニングテーマ: 『にゃんだふるミライ』
作詞: rino
作曲: 増谷 賢
編曲: 長田直之
歌: のん(CV 茅野愛衣)

(c)2014 GeePlus, Inc. All rights reserved.

Net Lab article (日本語)
Dengeki Online review (日本語)

As the trailer, opening video, and Net Lab article all together explain, this game was recently released in Japan for Android and will soon be out for iOS as well. The premise of the game is that the Nyankos (the girls with cat ears) and the Wankos (the girls with dog ears) are at war and that the Wankos have taken some Nyankos hostage. Thus, it's up to you to help the remaining free Nyankos rescue their captive nekomimi friends. You appear to do this by recruiting Nyankos to your cause, which in turn you appear to do by photographing real cats IRL and having the app then transform them for you into in-game girls with cat ears. (The trailer's spoiler-boxed text explains that this is thanks to the Professor, the blonde girl you can see in both videos.)

How do you get the girls to fight? Why smartphones? Where does the nadenade factor in? Well, it turns out that the way you get the characters to fight ... is by petting them on the head. You "pet them," of course, by using the touch-sensitive screen on your smartphone.

The game features an impressive cast of current-generation voice actresses. Main character Non is voiced by Kayano Ai. Right behind her we have Rin who is voiced by the even more famous Chihara Minori. And even amongst the newcomers, like Kurosawa Tomoyo, Suzaki Aya, and Uchida Maaya, each of them have had at least one major role in the last few years, from the star of Chuunibyou to the central character in Ano Hana.

Now that I've shared my knowledge of this game's existence, I have done what I came here to do. Make of the game what you will. I'm still not exactly sure what to think of it myself.

Oh, and do check out the Dengeki review. Even without speaking the language, I think you can appreciate what is going on in the portion where the reviewer tests out the facial recognition software.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 12:15 AM   #2
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

I saw this floating around tumblr a while back. Morg and I had a discussion about a similar app his friend has that scans barcodes and characterizes them into cute bar girls *shot*.[/randomcontribution]
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games