UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development

Old 11-23-2019, 03:41 PM   #26
Naru
Known Leafeon Enthusiast

I really don't think it's necessary to do an entire revamp like this. As the other moderators have already said, we only need to clear enough space to implement the generation 8 Pokemon. There's already a buttload of other stuff that needs to be dealt with in order to implement the gen 8 Pokemon and this entire reorganization is absolutely not needed. The new Pokemon just need a birthday, simple as that. We do not need to go through an entire grouping system at the moment (or in the foreseeable future, for that matter), nor do we really have the time with all other aspects that need to be dealt with.
Old 11-23-2019, 05:01 PM   #27
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCreeperKid View Post
>Assistant
I'm officially applying.
Let's pair Machamp, Gengar and Alakazam on one day.
Reasons
  1. Both three-stage lines
  2. Both end with a trade
  3. Have weird but lovable middle stages
  4. Have badass finals
  5. Alakazam and Gengar got megas, meanwhile Machamp got
    Spoiler: show
    a Gigantamax form along with Gengar
Hmmm, I'll have to think about that one too. I see your points, but I'm not too sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naru View Post
I really don't think it's necessary to do an entire revamp like this. As the other moderators have already said, we only need to clear enough space to implement the generation 8 Pokemon. There's already a buttload of other stuff that needs to be dealt with in order to implement the gen 8 Pokemon and this entire reorganization is absolutely not needed. The new Pokemon just need a birthday, simple as that. We do not need to go through an entire grouping system at the moment (or in the foreseeable future, for that matter), nor do we really have the time with all other aspects that need to be dealt with.
Well to make space for the new Gen 8 and future gens, we need to make pairings. I understand there's other things to implement for Gen 8, I do not see how it is a problem when I'm taking care of the calendar... and the fact that I'm almost done the new calendar already ^^; All that's left is to add the non-paired Gen 8 Pokémon. As seen in the Google doc I linked earlier and I've updated since last night, everything else, from the already set pairings and dates, is done. Of course there's the online version, but that can wait as we can use either the very doc itself, or a screenshot of it in the meantime I implement the changes in the online calendar.

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr
OkikuMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 12:08 PM   #28
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Hello! So with the end of the year fast approaching, I think it's a good idea that I give an update.

First and most importantly: the revamped calendar is finally completed! You have the choice of seeing it either on a Google sheet or an image:

Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Image: https://i.imgur.com/ru8qMvI.gif

Now, you might have noticed a few things, so let me explain:
  • Not all the groupings/pairings we discussed here were incorporated in the calendar. Long story short, after discussion with the mods, the amount of pairings has been reduced. No worries though, because those extra pairings will become useful in the future if we need to make room again for the next gens!
  • Some Pokémon birthdays remains the same, some not! I tried not to move them too much because I know most of you are used to those dates. But at the same time, moving was required due to the pairings (obviously) and to also fit in with those new dates that were suggested. So for next year, please make sure you review your Pokémon's birthday dates, in case they have changed!
  • What's up with the darker blue squares in the google spreadsheet version? Is it the same thing as the web calendar!? Yes Indeedee, I managed to program the same thing in the spreadsheet than what I programmed in the web version: highlight the current date! On top of that, I even added highlights for the previous 3 days of the Pokémon that can still collect their birthdays too!
  • Still want to see the current FB time? Well while the web version will always work, I added a tab to the spreadsheet that has a date. Small upgrade: it updates live!

That slightly aside, I also continuing the process of hiring a couple of helping hands to update the calendar. The candidates are in, and I have sent them the test so I can make my choice more easily. I'll give news as soon as they're chosen!

So what's left? Well, there's still updating the actual web calendar. As mentioned before, since we got the sheet and image version, updating it can wait. For now, on the new year, the link of the web calendar will be removed (to not cause confusion), and I'll put it back when I'll update it... unless you guys don't mind if I don't, since the Google spreadsheet works well too? Please let me know what you guys prefer! I don't mind either way. Personally, I prefer looking/using the web version... but the Google sheet is easier to maintain, and I kinda trust Google more than the free web host in stability and safety lol.

Anyhow, if you spot any mistakes, would like to see some other changes, have suggestions, etc, as usual, please let me know!

Old 12-30-2019, 06:24 PM   #29
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Hello! Small little heads up here. After mod discussion, the calendar dates got tweaked a little. It should be affecting only the following Pokemon:

- Eevee is no longer paired with Pikachu and has been moved back to its original April 17th date
- Zubat has been moved to April 22nd (sorry for those who loved the idea of national bat day)
- Shelmet has been moved and paired with Karrablast on October 10th.

The changes has been done on the Google sheet, and I'll try to upload a new image version soonish. Sorry for the last minute changes guys, especially knowing some of you already made changes in their profiles and even phone alarms and other irl ways to keep track of your personal Pokemon birthdays But thank you very much for your patience and understanding. *bows*

EDIT: Here's the updated image version: https://i.imgur.com/hHNmEjQ.gif
(The old one has been deleted)

Last edited by OkikuMew; 12-30-2019 at 06:36 PM.
Old 01-08-2020, 04:33 PM   #30
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat
Thunder Badge

I'm launching a campaign to pair snom/sizzlipede (new buggos) and put them on Jan 26th, since it's already a free day on the calendar.

Cy, Bug Trainer

FB Profile
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 05:10 PM   #31
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Calendar has been finalised and clearly trying to line up Pokémon that you like with your Trainer Birthday is not a good look.

TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 05:20 PM   #32
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat
Thunder Badge

It's finalized? damn, I'm blind.

Cy, Bug Trainer

FB Profile
sixdragons_in_atrenchcoat is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development