UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases

Old 04-18-2018, 12:23 AM   #26
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Pomona tilted her head slightly as the Shiny Dartrix asked her why she cared. Showing kindness and genuine concern for the happiness of others was second nature- some would even argue first nature- to the Ivysaur for pretty much her whole life, to the point where it tended to baffle her whenever others were baffled by her friendly and positive nature. "Well... I just care," Pomona said. "I like whenever I'm able to help someone else feel better," she smiled. "And I always love when I can make new friends-" At that moment, however, she was interrupted by the arrival of Isaac, who thanked the Shiny Dartrix, and then let loose exactly what he was thanking her for- an adorable baby Rowlet who was quick to inspect and land near who was evidently his mother. The whole scene was adorable to Pomona, who smiled at the little Rowlet and gave a small wave in return with one of her vines.

Hermione nodded at Lele's question. Such surprise was nothing new to her- her species tended only to breed in the Beedrill stage, though such things were not out of the question for the lower evolution stages by any means. This, however, was thoroughly overshadowed by what Lele said next, her mention of a library causing the Weedle's eyes to light up considerably. "Yes, please, I'd love to," she replied, her passion for reading and for learning quite evident in her tone of voice.

Eon looked at the trio of Eevee as they looked upon her, and in one case, sniffed her. The one sniffing her, however, was pulled away, and the Eevee who pulled the other one away was also the one to tell Eon she could play, while introducing himself and the others, including a slightly off-color Vaporeon by the name of Moana. The other Eevee were introduced as well- Ahi, the one who had been sniffing Eon; Wai, the one doing the introductions; and Hekili, the other one.

And then came yet another Eevee, a bundle of energy who introduced herself as Ahri. "Hi, Ahri!" grinned Eon. "This is Moana, Hekili, Ahi, and Wai, and I'm Eon!" Then she saw the Vaporeon and Leafeon. "What about them, who are they?" she asked.
Old 05-25-2018, 08:47 PM   #27
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Pomona's reply was a bit schmaltzy, ‘Uhane thought, but... it was also a nice sentiment. Those seem to be in short supplies these days, and ‘Uhane was grateful. She had just opened her beak to reply, when a male trainer whom ‘Uhane vaguely recognized approached with a small bird resting in his arms. Isaac began speaking, but ‘Uhane barely heard him as the Rowlet in his arms took flight. ‘Uhane knew him. She began clicking her beak, a trilling coo echoing in her throat as he landed. He gave Pomona a little wave -- how polite! -- as he approached her. Her breast swelled. Did he know her? She was cautious but hopefully as she leaned in, to experimentally preen the features atop his head.

Tate looked up from sending Kai off as Morgana approached, the bipedal feline inherently intimidating. When Isaac moved away from the birds to join his Incineroar, Tatr felt a certain amount of relief, having not really wanted to be around such a large, unfamiliar Pokemon without its trainer.

"Oh, uh-" Tate stammered, when the breeder explained that Morgana was looking for Kino. The Johto native looked around, before pointing towards where Isaac had just come from. The Litten was slinking across the floor, body pressed down low as she slowly stalked Luca, his relatedness to her utterly unknown. "There she is."

Keleawe exhaled through his nares. His mother meant ell, and he loved her dearly, but sometimes she could embarrass him. Still, he relented. "It's this way," he informed, motioning a meaty pincer towards the door. She was very small and probably not very fast moving. "You... want me to carry you?" He offered, awkwardly.

Kai glanced over at the small pack of Eevee (and one Vaporeon). There were more there than she was accustomed to. By Arceus, were they multiplying? She shuddered.

"No..." She informed, slowly, squinting at the many Eevee. "Just the twins and the pale boy. I assume one of the other two is yours?"

"Well, that's Kahakai," Moana remarked to Eon, peering at the Vaporeon who was both his teacher, and his best friend's mom. "I don't recognize the twig though."

"Don't be rude," Muliwai reprimanded, though he didn't actually seem very upset. He flopped down on the floor by the male Vaporeon's feet, snowy white fur contrasting against the hard wood. "If I had to guess, I'd say it's her mom," he deduced, flicking a paw towards Ahri.

"I always kind of liked Leafeon," Hekili mused, gaze fixed on Vinny as Ahi stepped past his sister, approaching Ahri.

"What are you and your mom doing here?" He asked, curiously, not used to having so much company over. It was kind of fun, he thought, to play with someone other than his siblings and Moana.

Meet me at
Spirit ★ World

!!!

Nerd Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 04:10 PM   #28
Naru
Known Leafeon Enthusiast

Morgana put his paws to his face excitedly, looking down at his little bundle of joy trying to complete her first stalk. He was about to encourage her before Vinny shot him a harsh glare, almost as if to say 'Don't you dare let her touch my baby boy'. Morgana crossed his arms and sighed, grumbling to himself as he lowered himself to the floor to be on the same level as the young cat to get her attention.

"Kino?" He asked, unsure if he was getting her name correct. He hoped that he wouldn't shock the Litten, seeing such a large cat behind her. Isaac laughed seeing such a tremendous cat on the ground, meowing softly to the smaller one. Morgana was taller than him for gods sake. It looked absolutely hilarious.

"Sorry about him, he might be big but he's just a huge softie." Isaac explained with a slight chuckle. "Four kids and counting now, but he always tries to at least make an appearance to each of them. It's kind of cute."

Luca swelled proudly seeing his mom look so happy, her face had looked quite grim before his arrival. He closed his eyes happily as she leaned in to preen him. She smelt of home, a beautiful smell that brought him back to his birth. He loved Vinny, sure. But there was parts of her world he could never understand. Luca puffed out his feathers happily, feeling Uhane's beak gently fixing his feathers.

"Um, hi mom..." He began to say, somewhat shyly. Unsure of how to start the conversation. He looked back down at the Ivysaur that was also standing near Uhane and himself, gently clicking his beak as he tilted his head slightly. "And hi mom's friend! I'm Luca!" He said proudly, trying to impress his mother with his speaking skills. He desperately wanted her approval, wanted to make her proud on their first meeting so that he could be welcomed back with open arms.

Vinny nodded thoughtfully, looking at the two Eevee that had greeted Ahri into their midst. It made more sense that it was twins. Kai couldn't be much older than her, yet here she was with three kids. Vinny had thought about having another one, but not with Morgana. She loved Ahri, sure. But she wanted fulfillment for herself at this point in her life. A true love that would eventually produce an offspring... that was her hope.

"Yeah, the little one." She gestured to Ahri with her paw. The young Eevee was a runt after all. She was noticeably smaller than the other Eevee around her, but she seemed to be having a good time and that was all that mattered.

Ahri nodded as the introductions began, she could feel her fur bristle slightly hearing the Vaporeon refer to her mother as a twig. It was somewhat uncalled for, but luckily he was put in his place by the pretty white-furred boy.

"Yeah, that's my mom." She smiled, her freckles shifting slightly upwards as her face changed to reflect her smile. As Ahi approached, she thought about it for a second. Why were they here again? "Oh! My dad, the big muscley cat, is also Kino's dad." She looked over at her mom as the Vaporeon and herself seemed to be chatting, she was sure that her and her friends would be going outside soon.

"My brother also wanted to meet his bird family!" She smiled, she loved her brother. She didn't really understand why Luca had to meet another family. Her and Vinny were his family. "So I guess we're here for that. But it's okay! I never have friends to play with except my brother's, so this is nice!" There was a brightness and enthusiasm to her voice. She loved meeting new people, and these Eevee all seemed so nice.
Old 05-28-2018, 12:24 PM   #29
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Pomona watched, a smile on her face, as the young Rowlet greeted his mother. He also greeted "mom's friend", introducing himself as Luca. "Hi, Luca," Pomona smiled. "I'm Pomona." It was heartwarming to see a moment like this, and it made her really wish Keith had brought Aletri along as well. As excitable as Pomona generally was by such touching moments, she restrained herself from interrupting it any further than responding to Luca's greeting.

After indicating the door to the library, Keleawe offered to carry Hermione if she so chose. Not that Hermione was surprised- even if she was twice the size of the average Weedle, this Scizor still towered over her, and could very likely move faster than her. Under normal circumstances, anyway- Hermione had her ways of moving faster than what was usual for her kind. "I appreciate the offer, but no thank you," she politely declined. She turned to look at the door, at the distance between it and her, evidently thinking. Then she turned her back to the door and looked down at the floor, seeming to angle her head with careful precision. And then, she took a deep breath and unleashed a Blow-Back at the floor, propelling her into the air, where she flew in a surprisingly graceful arc, coming to land right in front of the door.

"Kahakai?" repeated Eon, tilting her head. "Ohhh! I remember- Mom mentioned that name once, probably when she didn't realize I was listening. She said she saw her evolve and heard her say something mean." She then heard Hekili mention liking Leafeon. "They're cool," agreed Eon. "Though I don't wanna evolve into one. Actually, I'm not gonna evolve at all," she grinned. "My Dad's this awesome strong Normal-type, and I wanna be just like him, so I'm never evolving!"
Old 06-06-2018, 11:37 AM   #30
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Keleawe watched as Hermoine launched herself across the room on a gust of air. He -- possibly wisely -- did not question from whence it came, though he cocked his head, finding it both impressive and also a little weird. Lele mostly just seemed impressed, taking flight over her son's head. Such ingenuity! The Butterfree could definitely respect that.

"Come on, son," she enthused, fluttering after the Weedle. "Let's show the nice girl the library."

Keleawe sighed, but obeyed, quickly out pacing the pair of them with long, metallic strides. "This way," he said, as he lead them into the hallway, towards the library.

What a beautiful child. ‘Uhane's breast swelled with pride. "Luca," she breathed. "What a handsome name. Isn't he handsome, Pomona-?"

The Dartrix exhaled, both tired and relieved. "I missed you-" she told the Rowlet. "Very much. I'm so happy to see you-"

Kino turned when her name was called, and she jumped when she saw such a massive creature staring her down at eye level. She reached out and swiped him across the nose with a clawed paw.

"Whotheheckareyou-?" She screeched, fur puffed up, ready to strike again.

Meanwhile, something both dark and neon-colored slithered across the floor. There were lots of new creatures here today. Nīane wasn't allowed to eat any of the Pokemon who were usually here, but she had not yet been disallowed from eating anyone else. Incineroar? Too big. Weedle? Gross.

Then she saw Luca. A fat, round, flightless creature? Well that was the ideal, wasn't it? The Seviper, scales glittering like tiny gemstones, crept closer to the Rowlet. She coiled her body, ready to strike -- and then a Staravia dropped from the sky, onto her head.

Okay, he didn't really drop from the sky. He dropped from the tall bookshelf. Nīane made a strangled noise as she was driven into the floorboards by his body weight in a spectacle that drew attention. ‘Uhane hooted and folded her wings around her offspring, startled by the sudden appearance of Punipuni and the serpent.

"That sounds like Kai," Moana muttered, at the description put forth by Eon. He received a glowering look from Muliwai for the comment, which caused him to shrink slightly. "You know I love your stupid family," he offered, to the white male.

"We're right here," Hekili scoffed, clearly not thrilled with being insulted right to her face. Moana rolled his eyes, insofar as a creature with largely forward-fixed eyes could.

"What, you want me to lie to you?" He posed to Muliwai's adopted sister. "You're all dumb. Except you," he purred, turning his gaze down to the white Eevee at his feet. If it were possible for a Vaporeon to form a shit-eating grin, he'd have done so. Muliwai chose to ignore him.

"You're not going to evolve?" he repeated, dark eyes focused on Eon. His tone was a little critical, but not overly so; he clearly considered the notion of not evolving to be silly, but he wasn't so brazen as to try and dictate what other people did. If his fellow silvery Eevee didn't want to evolve, that was her prerogative. "I'm going to evolve," he expressed. "I'm going to be a Vaporeon, like Moana and my mother."

"I want to be like my dad," Ahi chimed in, momentarily derailing his own conversation with Ahri. "A Flareon. He's so cool."

He turned his attention back to Ahri. "He doesn't live with us, either, so I guess we're sort of a split family, like your brother, or Kino. Actually-... I didn't know Kino had a dad. I mean-... obviously she'd have a dad-... everyone has a dad..."

He paused, and cleared his throat, a bit embarrassed. "It's just that ʻUala brought her home and none of us knew where she came from-"

OOC: ʻUala is what Tate's Pokemon call their trainer. It's Hawaiian Alolan for potato.

Meet me at
Spirit ★ World

!!!

Nerd Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 08:51 PM   #31
Naru
Known Leafeon Enthusiast

Luca puffed out his feathers proudly, beaming that his mother had told him she missed him. (And she had called him handsome! If he could blush he'd be bright red). He tweeted happily, looking up at the Dartrix.

"I missed you too!" He cooed, brushing his head up against her breast. He was so happy his mother had been so receptive to him... he was worried that what Milo had said about a bird falling out of a nest was true. That their mother would reject them if someone else had touched them. With Vinny and Isaac carrying him practically everywhere, he was extremely worried that his mother would smell it on him and turn him down.

Morgana's eyes lit up feeling the sting of the tiny claws scratching his nose. His daughter had just scratched him! What a joyous moment in his life. It almost brought tears to his eyes, (and not just from the sting). He smiled proudly, puffing out his chest. "I'm Morgana, your... father." He didn't know how to put it more delicately... Vinny was the wordsmith, not him. He was just the tough guy.

Meanwhile, Vanderlyle prowled through the room, sniffing the air with a fevered need. He smelt something awful, something he most certainly did not like. He couldn't place it, but he knew it was an awful aroma that reminded him of his childhood. With his fur bristled, he slunk close to the ground, a faint growl forming in his throat. That's when he noticed it, that filthy snake slithering across the ground. It's filthy scales glimmered as it slunk across the floor, heading towards the roost where little Luca was talking to the bigger owl. He glanced at Vinny, the Leafeon was most certainly predisposed. Chatting it up with a Vaporeon. However, his ears perked up hearing the snake let out an awful noise as another bird landed on it's head, forcing it into the ground. He smirked, forming a terrible malicious grin.

Luca looked at the snake and the Tranquil that had just fallen out of the sky, at least he tried to before he felt the Dartrix's wings wrap around him protectively, obscuring his vision.

"Aiming for the kid? Have you no shame?" The slick voice of Uncle Vander rang in Luca's ears. He presumed that Vander was addressing the large serpent. "Not that I'd expect anything less from your kind." He remarked, looking at the sunken snake.

Ahri's ears perked up at hearing the subject of evolution come up. Hearing that the silver Eevee, Eon, planned on staying as she was was a little surprising. Even Ahi's brother Muliwai seemed confused by the notion. But Ahri supposed it was her own choice in the matter, she looked back at the group as they all talked about their respective plans for evolution.

"I think I want to be an Espeon... I think they're really pretty..." She murmured, dreamily. She was sure her mother would approve no matter what evolution she decided. As Ahi directed his attention back to her, he explained that they were also from a split family and how they were all confused at Kino's arrival.

"Everybody has a dad!" Ahri laughed, amused at Ahi's words. She smiled at the group and sat on her haunches, looking around. "She was hatched the same day as me... I think? I know me and Luca also hatched the same day." The licked a paw and brushed it behind her ear. "We're basically twins... one of us is just weird and feathered." She suddenly stopped, realizing she was hogging the conversation.

"What do you guys do for fun?" She asked, her eyes sparking.
Old 06-27-2018, 05:03 PM   #32
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

OOC: Hahah, I hope Myrtle never finds that out. When she finally stops laughing, guaranteed she starts calling Keith Potato Sack instead of Meat Sack. XD

With the Scizor leading the way, Hermione crawled after the Bug/Steel-type into the hallway and in the direction of the library. She wondered how it would compare to her library at home, though made certain to remember that even if it didn't impress at first glance in terms of size, it was more about how good the books were, more than how many of them there were.

It was a beautiful moment, Uhane getting to see her son. The Ivysaur nodded with a smile at the Shiny's question. "Very handsome," she agreed. And for a moment, all was well with them, and Pomona just stood there, smiling at this touching reunion.

And then came the Shiny Seviper. So stealthy was her approach that, uninterrupted, she almost certainly would have gotten a disturbingly good shot at the Rowlet she was targeting, were she not in turn targeted by a different bundle of feathers. At the commotion that arose from the sound of a falling Staravia slamming a Shiny Seviper into the floorboards, ‘Uhane held her son close to her protectively, and Pomona wheeled around, having set up a Reflect just about instinctively, though to her relief, this seemed unnecessary. Then she saw another Pokémon addressing the Seviper- a Zangoose. Pomona said nothing- she knew very well that relations between Seviper and Zangoose were bloody, hateful, and violent, and knew better than to try and intervene. Even with the Seviper she called a teammate she knew better than to get involved whenever Marvolo would catch the scent of a Zangoose.

Eon couldn't help but chuckle a bit at the minor argument- some of these reminded the Shiny Eevee quite a bit of her mother- unapologetically, brutally honest. But soon she was being addressed by Muliwai, who sounded somewhat critical of Eon's decision. "That's right," Eon replied, sounding quite undeterred. "I'm gonna be stronger and better than anything I could possibly evolve into! My dad's this amazing, really strong Ambipom, and I wanna be a powerful Normal-type just like him!"

Soon, the subject turned from evolutions to what everyone did for fun. Eon's eyes lit up at this change in subject. "All sorts of stuff- I like swimming, and I like battling, and it's too bad it's not snowing outside cuz I like playing in the snow, too- I do all sorts of stuff for fun," she grinned.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases