UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > The Misc

Old 01-16-2011, 11:31 PM   #276
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Having (re)watched a lot of these episodes recently (BBC and SyFy were airing them constantly during my snow-in week), this is pretty hilarious. It makes the whole Data-centric wedding episode a hell of a lot funnier when it's already pretty funny as it is.

私のことを消して本気で愛さないで 恋なんてただのゲーム 楽しめばそれでいい
閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:51 PM   #277
Talon87
時の彼方へ

If you feel like watching more, I recommend ...
TNG Recut 6: Data's Cat - it's worth it just for the scene mash-up from 3:31 to 4:54. Poor Riker!

Star Trek First Contact Alternate Ending 2 - only funny if you've seen the actual film and so you know where Picard's final mash-up bit comes from. But if you do, then it's pretty damn funny.

But the best of the bunch that I watched was definitely #4.

Here's one I watched that I enjoyed: it's a running gag in DS9 that Chief O'Brien dislocates his shoulder, so GeneralGrin took most of those scenes and put them together. For the most part, the scenes are in chronological order -- which makes the final scene all the more hysterically positioned.

And I think we've had this one before, too, but just in case: here's the video which shows Worf getting his ass handed to him by everyone and everything in the Universe.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:45 AM   #278
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

>And I think we've had this one before, too, but just in case: here's the video which shows Worf getting his ass handed to him by everyone and everything in the Universe.

I think we have.

But I'd like to point out how Diana Troi is his assaulter in at least three separate cases (though she was possessed for one of them I think). He also seems to have a bad track record with inanimate objects.

Seriously, though, how can a Klingon who is head of security for a major starship get his ass kicked that much? I guess the writers were just desperate for a buttmonkey and he was the most convenient and ironic.
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 08:01 PM   #279
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Okay, Mikamoto Rei is definitely going to Hell for this:
Quote:
[Zero-Raws] Big Tits Dragon - Zombies vs Strippers (DVD 848x480 x264 AAC) [5AEF38AF].mkv
Seriously? A 2-hour movie about five strippers who fight off a hoard of zombies after one of them resurrects the dead using a necromicon she found in the catacombs beneath the strip joint? (Thanks, Wikipedia!)

Warning: I watched the trailer online, there's some parts which evoke guro fetishism. Perhaps that should have been obvious to me given that the film combines strippers with zombies. >_>;
Old 01-23-2011, 01:05 AM   #280
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

I dunno if it belongs here, but I saw something pretty funny at work today.

There was this massive fat guy who was wearing a shirt that said "I defeated anorexia." The fact that the shirt fit him either said he bought it while being fat, or used some really tall anorexic guy's shirt. Either way, it was funny.
big bad birtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:46 AM   #281
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Not meant for VGM's eyes.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:58 PM   #282
Talon87
時の彼方へ

That's pretty awful, Doppel. -.-

How about some inappropriately funny sportscasting bloopers to brighten your day? Okay, so it's just the one, but enjoy it all the same.

Okay, and I have another for you: Chinese dog owners dying their dogs to look like tigers, panda cubs. I'm a little incredulous since this is a Daily Mail story (remember the song?), but it sounds like it's the real deal given the photos they have of Chinese women in cheongsams carrying dogs dyed to look like baby pandas are not likely doctored. (Why do it?) So ... yeah. As one astute commenter put it, "I choose you, Growlithe!" Made me chuckle. The tiger-coated dog has finally come into being.

Last edited by Talon87; 01-26-2011 at 09:10 PM.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:33 AM   #283
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

http://bakanekonoyuutsu.wordpress.co...rs-snub-anime/

Much of the humour shines through even if one hasn't seen Summer Wars, but take my word that it's a pretty nasal movie and though I'm not a big fan of Toy Story 3, it's preposterous to compare the two films.

Not to mention the author picked a deliberately surreal picture to showcase SW's "imagination".
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-27-2011, 01:56 PM   #284
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

Wait, is that guy serious?

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 02:46 PM   #285
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I read it as satire. The comments section, however, makes it seem like the guy was serious and the Internet discovered him somehow. So I dunno.

I'd like to think that he was being over-the-top satirical given lines like "[... who] directed such anime masterpieces as The Girl Who Lept Through Time and Digimon: The Movie" (boldface my addition) and "Just throw them away! End of movie!" for Toy Story 3.

But I agree that it's really hard to see it that way when he then goes and says things with such teenage grandiosity as "If Evangelion 2.0 gets snubbed for next year’s nominations because of Cars 2, I’m done with Disney forever." Shrug.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:47 PM   #286
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

I found the youtube video in one of the comments even more infuriating than that guy's mindless rant. Of course, if he was talking, I'm sure that guy's annoying voice would piss me off just as much.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:48 PM   #287
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Okay, BBB ... I had to hit the pause button for that one at 0:05. Couldn't stand to watch any more.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:14 PM   #288
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouTube
anyone else hear him say sudoku at 2:26?

the word you are looking for is sepuku good sir
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-27-2011, 06:49 PM   #289
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Season 2 of Gambling Apocalypse Kaiji has been confirmed for this spring. Excited, I've been searching the Internet to see what people are saying about the good news. And in my travels, I found this unrelated video parody about Kaiji. It's pretty funny, but only if you've seen Kaiji and get all the things they're playfully poking fun at.

Debated whether to post this here or in our Kaiji thread over in the Anime forum. In the end, I decided that this was the better fit.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:13 PM   #290
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
It's pretty funny, but only if you've seen Kaiji and get all the things they're playfully poking fun at.
Very funny! That actor makes a great >_< expression!
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-28-2011, 12:16 PM   #291
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

This is news. It's on the front page of the MSN homepage. Arrrgh.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:07 PM   #292
Talon87
時の彼方へ

The choice of words "the expected onslaught" was the best part of that article.

Texas: that's where you're from, Muyo!

Old 01-28-2011, 01:13 PM   #293
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

Where I'm from and within 20 miles of where I am right now. I haven't seen any strippers hiking over to Dallas though. Yet, at least.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:56 PM   #294
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Don't ask why, but something compelled me to click on the "Discussion" link for Wikipedia's article on Venn diagrams * and as a result I found this humorous gem from some anonymous contributor:

Quote:
I am in a Probability Theory class.. and today was like the 3rd day of class. We were talking about Venn Diagrams, and I swear I heard the professor say
"Those are venn diagrams and I encourage you to use them when you think about sex"

So I'm sitting in class, trying to figure out how Venn Diagrams can be applied to sex before I come to the realization that he said "SETS", not sex. Oh well, so much for math being frightfully interesting.

* Curious why I was reading Wiki's article on Venn diagrams in the first place? Here's why:
1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strawberry to see if strawberries really are part of the rose family as claimed in a movie I began to watch last night. They are! This led to ...
2. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accessory_fruit to see what this term used in the Fragaria article meant. This led to ...
3. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pome because I wanted to read about pomes since the word is pleasing. This led to ...
4. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fruit because I wanted to be impressed by Wiki's article on fruit. This led to ...
5. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euler_diagram when I saw use of the term in the "tomatoes are a culinary vegetable but a botanical fruit" diagram and thought, "Who on earth calls Venn diagrams Euler diagrams!?" This led to ...
6. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venn_diagram to see who wins the "I did it first!" war, Euler or Venn. Sadly, Leonhard Euler claims yet another first. What an effing genius he was. lol

I'm sure you're all very familiar with the Wikipedia Effect. This was tonight's foray which led us from strawberries to Venn diagrams.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:17 PM   #295
Talon87
時の彼方へ

A friend was discussing cupcakes his wife baked for him when his cousin replied, "Have you guys ever seen the search where you type in 'how come' and one of the Google suggestions is 'how come a cupcake is not a mineral'?"

Click the link for a screencap of my own search for it. I was floored. WHO THE HELL SEARCHED FOR THIS?
Old 01-29-2011, 11:47 PM   #296
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

The funniest part of that is if you follow through with the search, the hits are mostly people asking, "who asked 'how come a cupcake is not a mineral?'"
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 02-01-2011, 07:58 PM   #297
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Muyo and Muyo fans might get a kick out of this.

I know I did.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 02-04-2011, 02:12 PM   #298
big bad birtha
Volcano Badge

Jesus take the Wii!
Old 02-04-2011, 07:05 PM   #299
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Epic Rap Battle of History #3

I picked this one because the others are either bad, bizzarre, or offensive. This one was firmly pop-culture-y, and was (imv) the best of the bunch.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 02-06-2011, 03:11 PM   #300
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

http://www.funnyhub.com/pictures/pag...-homework.html
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて

Lower Navigation