UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > The Misc

Old 02-08-2020, 09:31 AM   #151
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
You should be able to replicate it, it happens to me often after battles where Kamen is in the enemy party. The battle ends but Charminions doesn't initiate dialogue, and I can walk around. I then talk to Charminions and it initiates the next battle in the sequence.

あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて

Last edited by Doppleganger; 02-08-2020 at 09:40 AM.
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 10:34 AM   #152
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

There are other bugs when Kamen spawns as well:

Spoiler: show

For all other times when Kamen spawns, killing the other enemies will immediately end the battle (which is why I think the earlier bug happens). During this one, I killed the three but attacks continued after they were dead, hitting Kamen and thus preventing me from meeting the third condition.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 02-08-2020, 12:32 PM   #153
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Found my first secret character~

ABL Get! \o/

While looking through other posts on the subject, I saw Dopple mention there's a way to be locked out of recruiting my character? '~' Is this true?

Also wondering about this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Veryberry Fields help:

How do you summon Zapdos (?) there? I've tried everything I can think of, including spamming Muyo's Thunder on every opponent I can find.

One of the other hunts required use of a sellable item (Cat Ears) so I'm afraid I need the Pika Sword to trigger this one. The description suggests you need to be struck by lightning for Zapdos to appear, but none of the enemies in the rain can use electric attacks. The Guardian is Dark, the Water Bugs are Water, and Tranquility Pixies are Light.

Nevermind, I found it.

I think I found it before but forgot.
Is there a special condition to make it appear?
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 02:01 PM   #154
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Nobody's really given me a straight answer. I did Kin's Quest to get back to UPN HQ, and returned to Bulk Club later without going on to the next chapter and Mr. Cube was gone.

In the same vein, the door in the Arcane Laboratory closed after I went to go save and it still hasn't reopened.

As for your spoiler,

Zapdos appears on the grassy mound in the rain, on the far exit of the Eternal Nest. There's no other conditions to make it appear.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 02-08-2020, 05:54 PM   #155
phoopes
Double Dragon

>only people playing

Kuno I’m sorry I just got a switch like a month ago and I haven’t been outside since
Old 02-08-2020, 07:08 PM   #156
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

Quote:
There are other bugs when Kamen spawns as well
All the arena stuff is a huge mess and I'll look into it. If it's the Kamen stuff then I might know what it is. Does it happen when you win without killing him?

Quote:
Nobody's really given me a straight answer. I did Kin's Quest to get back to UPN HQ, and returned to Bulk Club later without going on to the next chapter and Mr. Cube was gone.
That's too late.

Quote:
In the same vein, the door in the Arcane Laboratory closed after I went to go save and it still hasn't reopened.
Which door? No doors there should close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoopes View Post
>only people playing

Kuno I’m sorry I just got a switch like a month ago and I haven’t been outside since
You are a doody head.

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 07:59 PM   #157
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

No boss appears when

I read the poneglyphs in the proper order. The order is spelled out on a tablet in the Ancient Temple and goes like this:

Simbob xarph yta vio blorp zlank

1. UPN Park
2. Veryberry Fields
3. Timeo Resort
4. Ficonia Tower
5. End of the World
6. UPN Pass

I was also never able to get the following bosses to appear:

Jason
Corpse Dragon
DQ President

I went through the entire tower with every party member and I saw nothing. I have the champion equipment so something should appear. From my knowledge of PASBL history I figured Kuno, Muyo, and Blastoise were the best bets to bait it out.

Also, the music changed the the Ephemeral Labyrinth in Chapter 5. Did something happen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Kuno View Post
All the arena stuff is a huge mess and I'll look into it. If it's the Kamen stuff then I might know what it is. Does it happen when you win without killing him?
Yes.

Quote:
That's too late.
There wasn't anything indicating that going to Ficonia Tower, then back to Bulk Town would end the quest. For the record, the quest just disappears, which had me thinking it was a bug. That entire segment is underwritten.

Quote:
Which door? No doors there should close.
I mentioned this a few weeks ago. The sealed door that opens when the Failed Experiment is destroyed immediately closed when I exited the map to save.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 02-08-2020, 11:01 PM   #158
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Is the Werewolf a repeatable boss? I am at the highest level of infamy but I don't see it anymore.

The lipstick boss' rune is bugged to never go away once the boss is killed, unless you leave the area. The boss can be repeatedly milked for EXP and drops.

Also, I'd like to make a request for a light switch or power cord in the strip club. The changing colours slow down the game by a huge margin. damicatz would appreciate the gesture, since there's not a lot of solar available in the Debate Wastes.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 02-09-2020, 03:43 AM   #159
Lady Kuno

Quote:
No boss appears when

I read the poneglyphs in the proper order. The order is spelled out on a tablet in the Ancient Temple and goes like this:

Simbob xarph yta vio blorp zlank

1. UPN Park
2. Veryberry Fields
3. Timeo Resort
4. Ficonia Tower
5. End of the World
6. UPN Pass

I was also never able to get the following bosses to appear:

Jason
Corpse Dragon
DQ President

I went through the entire tower with every party member and I saw nothing. I have the champion equipment so something should appear. From my knowledge of PASBL history I figured Kuno, Muyo, and Blastoise were the best bets to bait it out.
Pretty sure Jason works, a few people fought it. For the words, if you do it in the wrong order I think you have to leave and come back to try it again. No boss appears. DQ President needs someone you don't have yet.

Quote:
Also, the music changed the the Ephemeral Labyrinth in Chapter 5. Did something happen?
Did you not see the cutscene?

Quote:
I mentioned this a few weeks ago. The sealed door that opens when the Failed Experiment is destroyed immediately closed when I exited the map to save.
I ran around a lot in this area trying all sorts of stuff and leaving etc, but that door stays open for me. No idea what you did. What does the door say? Maybe that'll help? But there shouldn't be anything in any other area that messes with the lab (since it was more or less added at the end).

Wait do you mean the wooden door leading to the piano or the steel door in the back?

Quote:
Is the Werewolf a repeatable boss? I am at the highest level of infamy but I don't see it anymore.

The lipstick boss' rune is bugged to never go away once the boss is killed, unless you leave the area. The boss can be repeatedly milked for EXP and drops.

Also, I'd like to make a request for a light switch or power cord in the strip club. The changing colours slow down the game by a huge margin. damicatz would appreciate the gesture, since there's not a lot of solar available in the Debate Wastes.
Good catch with lipstick guy, you're right it's not set to go away due to a fuckup. Werewolf should be repeatable.. wait I found it. Yeah, leaving the area doesn't clear it's conditions so it thinks you're still in the area... forever. I fixed it so it'll respawn.

Old 02-09-2020, 04:48 AM   #160
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:
For the words, if you do it in the wrong order I think you have to leave and come back to try it again. No boss appears
What does that mean?

I've repeated this three times. Nothing has appeared.

Quote:
Did you not see the cutscene?
I saw an event that took place inside RPG Palace, but I wouldn't have thought that affected what's outside of it.

Quote:
I ran around a lot in this area trying all sorts of stuff and leaving etc, but that door stays open for me. No idea what you did. What does the door say? Maybe that'll help? But there shouldn't be anything in any other area that messes with the lab (since it was more or less added at the end).
To be fair, I don't know what door this was referring to. I am assuming it is the sealed slab within one of the cells in the back.

After defeating the Failed Experiment I went to Bulk Town and saved, then came back and there was no open door. Defeating the Failed Experiment has a text that says a door opened.

Macarena force-killed my game. I think there is a DRM on both the clips you had since it's Gangnam and Macarena which have vocals and likely came from iTunes mp3s.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 02-09-2020, 05:02 AM   #161
Lady Kuno

Quote:
What does that mean?

I've repeated this three times. Nothing has appeared.
If you did it right, treasure will appear. If you're talking to them in those areas (UPN Park, etc) you're doing it wrong.

Quote:
To be fair, I don't know what door this was referring to. I am assuming it is the sealed slab within one of the cells in the back.

After defeating the Failed Experiment I went to Bulk Town and saved, then came back and there was no open door. Defeating the Failed Experiment has a text that says a door opened.
Take a picture of the door so I know what you're talking about.

Quote:
Macarena force-killed my game. I think there is a DRM on both the clips you had since it's Gangnam and Macarena which have vocals and likely came from iTunes mp3s.
I think it has to do with long sound effects and the way I encrypted the sound. I'm gonna change how I do that next time.

Old 02-09-2020, 11:57 AM   #162
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

=D

Aw yeeaa got the two best characters in the game~

Yuki and Daisy Get! \o/

I had forgotten Hon was a combat maid lmao. Her skills look so cute and useful~

When I saw the first character in the party would pass to let Kuno pick I tested leading with Yuki just to see if she would repeat the same line of dialogue, but indeed it was "..." =3=b (Although it takes the game a bit to catch up with switching party members it seems lol)

;~; Ahhh I loved my introduction. So adorable~ I'm looking forward to seeing how my character develops. X3 Thanks @Kuno for letting me know how to find her, else I might've missed her myself, since I'm that SUPER SECRUT. ;O ^^;

P.S. Seeing the return of REBOULDERING made me quite happy hehe. <3

Quote:
As for your spoiler,

Zapdos appears on the grassy mound in the rain, on the far exit of the Eternal Nest. There's no other conditions to make it appear.
Ahhhh

Thanks for that, or else I might've spent hours hunting for it like that waste one hidden at Handy's hideout. XP

Do you know where/how to the find the "Cheerful Spirit" at Burni Nation?
Old 02-09-2020, 12:13 PM   #163
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

@LBC, it appears on the screen where Torkoal Stu is.

Quote:
If you did it right, treasure will appear. If you're talking to them in those areas (UPN Park, etc) you're doing it wrong.

I'm getting more confused by the second. Toto says that the rune boss Seymour will be summoned by reading the tablets in the proper order. I don't understand how reading the stones in the areas they're in is "doing it wrong".

I also considered that the UPN Park memory tablets are the ones referred to, but those don't summon a boss, either.

Quote:
Take a picture of the door so I know what you're talking about.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 02-09-2020, 01:27 PM   #164
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
@LBC, it appears on the screen where Torkoal Stu is.
Ahh 'k. I thought it'd be in that empty room with the strange cracked rock... What about the "Death Metal Heatwave" in the Ancient Tomb? (Since I'm there now and don't want to pay the ferry fare again lol)

Btw, what do "Limit Breakers" actually do? I haven't tried using any yet. ^^;

Last edited by lilboocorsola; 02-09-2020 at 02:38 PM.
Old 02-09-2020, 01:52 PM   #165
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

@Dopple
The "Pteroglyphs", as you call them, and Seymore's Memorials are two very different things.
The former really need to be talked to once, and not in any particular order, but do have more information on them than just their text.
The latter requires a little bit of understanding of basic Greek, for some reason.

Regarding the Arcane Lab, the metal door was never supposed to be opened by the boss, and requires another quest to access, according to another information salesman. I've yet to open it myself, either.

@Yukirin
Congratz in getting SC that I completely missed! I hear that your Regame!counterpart is quite the nuke, so hopefully she'll put in quite a bit of work for you~!

The Death Metal Heatwave hunt requires a key hidden in the Tomb to access. Once you have it, though, just look for an area that would susceptible to heatwaves.

...I've asked the same question regarding the Limit Breakers myself, and was told to just use them and see what happens. Sorry I can't be of any more help with this one. (=_=;

Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 02:30 PM   #166
DaisyInari
Sarasaland represent!

Send a message via MSN to DaisyInari
Altaria

Limit breakers are /excellent/

They add an extra accessory slot to your character! Everyone bar Loki can have up to 3 accessory slots max (Loki’s knees count as 1 so he can have two slots) and the hardest part is figuring out which ones you want to max out first :’D

Hi, I'm Daisy!

W(DQ)- 22(3) L(DQ)-14(0)
KO-55
TP-131 SP- 64.5/96.5 (5SP to Deh, 5SP to FW, 5SP to Desert Spirit, 8.5SP to Fallen Icarus, 10SP to Kyro12, 8SP to Charminions, 10 to aposteriori)
SHUCKS I GOTTA FIX THIS SOMETIME
~TL3~

~Fizzy Bubbles~

Credits to Charm for making this!

Come, my birdies!!!! Mwahahahaha!!!!!!

Thanks Pingu for being so nice and making me this~

Credit to TheKnightsFury for the sprite!

Fear my abnormally large signature~

Be Positive Ref~ I <3 you, Lonely Cubone and those who eval'd me~
DaisyInari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 02:46 PM   #167
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Median Dia View Post
@Yukirin
Congratz in getting SC that I completely missed! I hear that your Regame!counterpart is quite the nuke, so hopefully she'll put in quite a bit of work for you~!

The Death Metal Heatwave hunt requires a key hidden in the Tomb to access. Once you have it, though, just look for an area that would susceptible to heatwaves.
Hehe I heard she has the "strongest attack" in the game, so I'm quite looking forward to that. X3 Still training her up in the background since she arrived at Lv. 1, but once she catches up it's time for her to shine~

Oh really? I thought I've been everywhere available and haven't found a key though... Does it drop from enemies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyInari View Post

They add an extra accessory slot to your character! Everyone bar Loki can have up to 3 accessory slots max (Loki’s knees count as 1 so he can have two slots) and the hardest part is figuring out which ones you want to max out first :’D
=O Ooh neato~ (Although my question now again is whether there'll be enough to max out everyone possible. ^^; )

Edit- Actually I do have a Pyramid key in my inventory... Maybe I just need to use it somehow? lol

Last edited by lilboocorsola; 02-09-2020 at 02:58 PM.
Old 02-09-2020, 03:31 PM   #168
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Quote:

Oh. Oooh, man, that is good! It also explains why I couldn't figure out what they did- when I tested them, I looked everywhere but that screen!
Seems to me like these are especially good for characters that want their original Accessory Slot taken up by a personal equip, like Marion, Daisy (at least during Dungeon exploration), and especially SC-DV.

Arnold is probably the biggest winner, though- my biggest problem with him has always been deciding on which of his many personal Accessories to use, and it only gets harder as I find more of them. With this revelation, he actually becomes far more modular a unit, so I'm curious to see how differs between players when we all reach the endgame now~!

That said, I don't believe there are enough Limit Breakers in the game to max out everyone. My current save hasn't used any of them yet and has a mere 11 of them, despite me taking the Misc. Wallbreak Path (which gives you a few extras). Considering that there are 8 mandatory characters and 6-7 optional ones
(SC-DV's a bit buggy atm, so I dunno if they're also the fabled SC-L for sure yet)
, that... is an incredibly low number. It is enough to max out a 5-man party, at least?

Old 02-09-2020, 04:03 PM   #169
Lady Kuno

Once I add more hunts, you'll be able to snag more Limit Breakers that way. Especially since each ranks boss gives more Heavenly Scales than the last.

Also for Dopple: Dia already answered it. There was a wooden door that was opened by beating that boss, leading to the room you are now in. Opening that door is a different mystery.

Old 02-09-2020, 05:27 PM   #170
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

...I completely forgot that they could be purchased, whoops.
I went back to the HQ to check the price, and found that I can buy 10 of them (assuming that there isn't a purchase limit, of course). Along with what I already had, I can potentially max out 10 characters' equip slots and start on an 11th, which is honestly pretty dang good. Now I can have all the Badges in active use~!

On a somewhat related note..
I also grabbed the Library's Wallbreak while I was on the area, so now I'm just one off from finishing my pathway. Together with the Minor Fortune and Misconsin Castle Wallbreaks, that makes three optional ones in my collection (that I remember, anyway). I wonder if there are still any more that I haven't gotten yet...

Old 02-09-2020, 11:13 PM   #171
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Quote:

Oh, that explains that. I thought it was one of Marion's features. I mentioned I used one of them against the Nicuaguran.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 02-10-2020, 03:18 AM   #172
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Complaints

I think you should be able to hold more than two bombs for the bullet heck game in the casino. You can get >100% health with the heart bonuses, but only a single bomb, and multiple bombs are essential for going deeper into the game because of how random the power ups are.

Additionally, getting either fire or plasma shouldn't just change the damage type, but also add +1 level to the attack.

There's no portrait leading to the underground Team Rocket base in the casino! I was the boss of FB Team Rocket, it's bizarre there's no dark side of the bubbles like there is in Pasbell.

It also makes no sense that DM could go "into debt" here.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 02-10-2020, 04:35 AM   #173
Lady Kuno

Quote:
Complaints

I think you should be able to hold more than two bombs for the bullet heck game in the casino. You can get >100% health with the heart bonuses, but only a single bomb, and multiple bombs are essential for going deeper into the game because of how random the power ups are.

Additionally, getting either fire or plasma shouldn't just change the damage type, but also add +1 level to the attack.

There's no portrait leading to the underground Team Rocket base in the casino! I was the boss of FB Team Rocket, it's bizarre there's no dark side of the bubbles like there is in Pasbell.

It also makes no sense that DM could go "into debt" here.
I really can't edit the shoot em up script since that's not something I made. I did increase the likelyhood of powerups appearing, though.

That DM bit was inspired by real life events (and will be expanded upon a little bit with the Cloud Garden and FB Bank).

Old 02-10-2020, 04:53 AM   #174
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

There's a bug in Remnant.

If you remove members of your party, go into Remnant, then exit (either by winning, lamp, or death), all members of the party become active again.

Also, the Scrape Doll is inconsistent about activation.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて

Last edited by Doppleganger; 02-10-2020 at 05:22 AM.
Old 02-10-2020, 09:46 AM   #175
Lady Kuno

Quote:
There's a bug in Remnant.

If you remove members of your party, go into Remnant, then exit (either by winning, lamp, or death), all members of the party become active again.

Also, the Scrape Doll is inconsistent about activation.
That's because theres no way to 'save' empty party slots. If there's a spot and you add someone (Party members are re-added after) they will go there.

Scape Doll won't prevent a Game Over iirc but will proc if someone else is alive.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > The Misc