UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out

Old 07-30-2014, 11:14 PM   #1
Stark
Rainbow Badge

Vileplume Spring Safari Discussion

Alright, so after talking to many of you involved with the Spring Safari, it seems most people would like to see it run its course to conclusion. What we need to do now is work out the details of how everyone wants to do such a thing. From what I can tell from the Spring Safari thread, it seems most of the adventures were barely started while others had already moved along enough for trainers to have come across pokemon. So here are a few of the questions we need to answer before we get this back on track.

Do we want to start fresh or would you all like to try to continue from where you were? We can come up with a reason for the break pretty easily if you all want to start over.

How do we want to divide up the pokemon? Some members who were involved in this are no longer around. Therefore, the pokemon they donated for the event are no longer available for trade per the event rules. Others who might be around and want to donate may find that there is no room for donations given the number of people who are not still here and involved in the event. So, do we need to restructure which pokemon are available? If so, we need to establish the rules to do this.

Who is going to update this? I have said that I will volunteer to help after the Friend Safari if I need to, but I will am not willing to update everyone involved in this event. I can handle a few people. I think we can take volunteers or we can try something different along the lines of everyone involved is responsible for updating someone else. It would work in a similar fashion to the Free For All Zone as far as updating experience goes. I can handle the random aspect of which pokemon will appear to who if we were to go this route.

Finally, we need to officially know who is going to be involved in this from a writing standpoint. Not a donation one. If you are updating or being updated in the hopes of adventuring through this zone.

There are some other issues to discuss as well, but I just wanted to get the ball rolling on this for everyone so we can have things mostly set by the time the Friend Safari ends.

This thread is open to everyone to give ideas, but only those who are actively going to be a part of the Spring Safari will have a say in how it ultimately is going to be done.
Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 11:29 PM   #2
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
As far as my Spring Safari adventure is concerned, the person who has my Pokemon isn't active in FB, but they are still active elsewhere in UPN, and I do have them as a contact on Skype and am therefore able to reach them once the event is over and need to talk about trading for my Pokemon (this is also true for a few other people inactive in FB, so we may have more Pokemon available than we think). I personally would like to continue my adventure not just for the Pokemon I can get but also for the implications I plan on it having elsewhere on my team. also hoping I don't get outvoted here

Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Twitch | YouTube | Twitter | Wild Future
Gemini Spark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 11:38 AM   #3
Pearl's Perap
Ca-caw!

Despite having not been around during the Spring Safari's conception and execution, i've taken it upon myself to go back and have a good read through the thread. If it was reset and the opportunity was made available, I would love the opportunity to both adventure myself and to help with the updating side of things.
Pearl's Perap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 11:55 AM   #4
Charminions
Your reality is mine

I think a fresh start would be a far less messy process. Allowing new people to donate/join/update and organizing it from there sounds less arduous than hunting down all the people who are missing.
Old 07-31-2014, 12:01 PM   #5
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
Not that I'm involved, but as with PP, if this were to restart I'd be more than up for taking part in every sense.

Fizzy Bubbles - Cable Club Post - Wild Future

Spoiler: show

Various awesome artstuffs by DaisyInari

DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 12:25 PM   #6
Treepandaone
Original Gangsters

Same boat as PP & Dave. Would update and participate if it did reset
Treepandaone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 12:41 PM   #7
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Second verse, same as the first third or forth: Since some now at this point that previously missed out now wants to join in while some who joined are no longer present/available, a reset seems to be more simple. Before this discussion I would've preferred to simply continue where we left off as much as we can, since it's kinda sad to reset a storyline/RPing that have been (for some, including myself) went to a good point, you guys have made good enough arguments to topple over mine X)

Edit: As for updating/be updated, of course I still want to participate, but as for updating... I'm not sure if I'll have the time/energy to do that. Maybe if the updates stays simple enough and that I just update one person, or maybe 2 or 3? We'll see.

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr
OkikuMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 01:08 PM   #8
Stark
Rainbow Badge

One thought I had if we did reset this for story/rp purposes would be that during the initial Safari a bad storm came in cutting it short. The zone itself was damaged and the event was put on hold until the zone could be restored to its former glory. It is just a thought that I wanted to get out there before I forgot about it.
Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 01:28 PM   #9
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

Hmmm, that could work!

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr
OkikuMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 01:55 PM   #10
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I feel weird posting here when I'm not in the Spring Safari and don't plan to be, but you said you welcomed input from everybody, so ... ¬.¬

If you have everyone start from scratch, one thing you could allow for would be to let people like GS and his updator to just copy and paste their old posts anew, continuing from where they left off without requiring complicated rules.

If you go for the storm that rolled in, I like that idea but I think that it will either require the concession from previous updatees that they start all over or else it will require the 2.0 event organizers to accommodate continuing stories intermingled with brand-new stories. Because canonically, if you're saying that a storm rolled in, then you're not erasing the previous updates from history. You're acknowledging that they really took place. And thus, by necessity of that fact, you're either asking someone to RP that he scrapped that adventure because of the storm (which may not be something he wants for his character) or else you'll have to let him continue from where he left off.

It would probably be best to allow previous members to have priority requesting that their adventure with an old Pokémon continue. Example: if someone had been assigned a Koffing, if that Koffing still exists in Fizzy Bubbles, and if they still want the Koffing, then I think it's fairest to assign them the Koffing still rather than reassigning it to someone new.

This last one really goes without saying, so I feel even more awkward bringing it up than any of the other points. But just throwing it out there so no one's caught off guard by this in case it does happen: newcomers should be assigned old Pokémon only in the event that the original donor is still around but the original planned recipient is not. Probably best not to publicize the assignment either until such time as you're certain you can complete their adventure in under a few weeks' time. The reason being, people *do* come back to FB after leaving it; and it's going to be very awkward if you assign somebody new an old Safarimon and if they get in fewer replies than the original updatee did before the original updatee returns. There's much less room for drama if you get the entire affair over and done with ASAP, before returning members return in the first place. People are generally level-headed and can accept that their absence from FB cost them the Pokémon once it's already in someone new's possession.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 02:28 PM   #11
MarbleZone
Soul Badge

Won't be available to update and have no real interest in participating, but it's good to see staff acknowledging and promoting the event after all. Hope you all have fun! I agree that a clean start makes the most sense, especially since a lot of the original participants are inactive.
Old 07-31-2014, 03:46 PM   #12
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Ex-Admiral Insane
Well I like the idea of continuing with where I left off (if only because I have a really good feeling about what I might get) but resetting appears to me to be the better option. I'm not entirely sure though how we'd go about resubmitting Pokémon or new Pokémon for that matter.
So yeah, lets just push the reset button.

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Party:
Traitors:
Lost Souls:
Ex-Admiral Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 11:13 AM   #13
Pearl's Perap
Ca-caw!

Despite having vouched for a reset, I realise that it would be much better for those players involved previously to be given the chance to complete their adventures. This being said, it would be great if we could find a way to do both that and allow new people a chance to get involved. If there wasn't so many now inactive members involved in the RPing of the Spring Safari, I wouldn't be plugging a reset as much but I believe that a bit of new life could really help!
Pearl's Perap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 06:46 PM   #14
Toyo
hail

I'm around but pretty much inactive from FB. I still have the Tauros and Krabby, so I can trade them out as needed. Would rather not continue my adventure or continue updating, although GS's adventure is almost done and none of the other's really started.
Toyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 01:19 AM   #15
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
So it's been eight months since this has been talked about at all...can we get our Spring Safari Pokemon traded to their intended owners now? I'm no longer interested in continuing this event since one of my purposes of doing the event--evolving Luke from a Shinx into a Luxio--has already happened, and there isn't much else to keep me invested in it. I don't think even a reset of the event is worth it at this point since enough of the players that were involved in it went inactive, and a reset would simply delay these Pokemon even further and keep players' slots from being freed up when all of this has been delayed for more than enough, to be honest.

Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Twitch | YouTube | Twitter | Wild Future
Gemini Spark is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out