UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games

Old 05-09-2014, 08:30 PM   #26
Balmund
'Munds of fun

Send a message via Skype™ to Balmund
Unleash the Hounds at 3 Mana I think is actually quite perfect, and dear gods did it took long enough to happen. The thing to consider is that before, UtH was costed at 4, and nobody used that card at all for it was too expensive to combo with and not worth its cost on its own. They then lowered its cost to 2, and every single Hunter and their mothers out there slapped a pair of them on their decks after that, making Hunters one of the most dominating classes. UtH is dangerous purely because of the synergy it has with cards like Starving Buzzard, Scavenging Hyena, and Timber Wolf, especially the Buzzard - that draw power is insane.

It's still too early too see how this nerf will change things around, but one should definitely not see those crazy UtH plays so early on. Having that one extra turn to prepare against the hounds really does make a difference.

::FB::WF::
Balmund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:44 PM   #27
Heather
Naga's Voice

Just got into this, it's SO MUCH FUN. Just try to finish me before I get 7 mana, because then I start sending in scary stuff from my custom builds. Best part is almost all of em are neutrals so I can play them in any class.

Battle.met is Elrond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 01:23 PM   #28
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

I sort of finally invested some dust into my Warrior deck. I also got a Molten Giant. So I figured, why not. I don't have Frothing Berserker yet though. =(

From a bit of playtesting, I'm enjoying it. Using Cruel Taskmaster and Inner Rage as both ways to pump my Enraging Minions and way to clear the field has been proving to be pretty interesting.

I had at one point got down a Raging Worgen, pumped it with a Whirlwind and did 8 damage to my opponent. He was on Priest and proceeded to HEAL MY WORGEN to remove enrage. I laughed a good few minutes before I dropped Inner Rage and did another double attack.

UtH: I don't know if 3 mana is too little or 4 mana is too much. What I do know is that I've never seen any play UtH before they got at least one synergy card to go with it. Usually the Buzzard or the Hyena. It's insanely dangerous if they have both and pretty much game winning if they have the Timber Wolf too. There's absolutely no way you won't be left in a crippled state after a UtH. Will one turn delay help? I hope so. Hopefully the Naxxramas will give each hero new ways to deal with something like UtH.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 07:41 PM   #29
Loki

Myles, you forgot to put the numbers after your account name.

Also, if anyone wants to playtest decks or just learn to play the game, lemme know.
Old 05-18-2014, 12:15 AM   #30
Heather
Naga's Voice

I don't have any numbers after my account name, what do you mean?

Quote:
Old 05-18-2014, 12:20 AM   #31
Loki

If you go on the Battle.net app and click on Friends List, you should see your name, then a set of four numbers. If you don't have those numbers, we can't friend you.
Old 05-18-2014, 12:39 AM   #32
Heather
Naga's Voice

Oh, 1892 then.

Quote:
Old 06-22-2014, 06:00 PM   #33
Balmund
'Munds of fun

Finally managed to make it to Legend for once! It was a challenging road in a meta full of bloody Miracle Rogues, but it was surprisingly over faster than I thought it would.

Here's the deck that helped me climb the ladder:

Spoiler: show
::Murlock::
x2 Soulfire
x1 Mortal Coil
x2 Abusive Sergeant
x1 Elven Archer
x2 Flame Imp
x2 Murloc Tidecaller
x2 Voidwalker
x2 Bluegill Warrior
x2 Dire Wolf Alpha
x1 Faerie Dragon
x2 Knife Juggler
x2 Murloc Tidehunter
x2 Coldlight Seer
x2 Murloc Warleader
x1 Defender of Argus
x1 Hellfire
x1 Old Murk-Eye
x2 Doomguard

Last edited by Balmund; 06-23-2014 at 01:46 AM.
Old 07-26-2014, 04:19 PM   #34
Demonic Requiem
Pokemon Trainer

Been ladder climbing with midrange Shaman; going decently!
Demonic Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 10:18 PM   #35
Loki

I haven't played since before Balmund hit legendary =x

I did hear that Naxxramas was released, has anyone tried it or noticed any change to the metagame with the new cards?
Old 07-27-2014, 02:07 AM   #36
Demonic Requiem
Pokemon Trainer

Looks like we'll finally see an anti-zoo shift with some of the new cards coming out in the next few weeks.
Demonic Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 11:38 PM   #37
Loki

Okay, beat all the first "dungeon" of Naxxramas including the completion of the two challenges (Druid and Rogue) and the Heroic difficulty.

Heroic is actually quite unfair, but the AI is so simple that it's very easy to build a deck around it and overpower them with basic human intelligence! Humans 1 Skynet 0 (so far).

Heroic Anub'Rkehan
After shockingly discovering his hero power summons 4/4s for 2 mana, I quickly put together a Hunter deck to compete with it. No rares are needed, but Unleash the Hounds is fairly key.

Decklist:

Hunter's Mark and Deadly Shot really gave a lot of value as Anub'Rhekhan can only summon one of his hero power minions each turn. Being able to pretty much always hit with the Deadly Shot was usually good enough to keep his army at bay and when he did get big enough, I would have enough to overrun him with Unleash the Hounds.

Heroic Grand Widow Faerlina
Her power is directly related to the cards in your hand, so the best answer is to empty it as soon as possible! This was why I went with a Zoo deck, I used the Warlock zoo simply because I feel like building a new one.

I probably should have added new cards, but I've been lazy. Basically just spam your hand as quickly as possible. Once your hand is empty, she's effectively crippled and her deck isn't really strong enough to handle the fast damage output.

Heroic Maexxna
Her power effectively 'Sap's two of your minions for free each turn. It's how she starts her turns. This becomes very easy to exploit with Battlecry. Despite knowing this, I actually did have trouble beating her for a while. Either I got a poor combination of cards and couldn't outrace the damage or perhaps I just playing wrong. Eventually I figured out that Paladin was probably the best option to negate her damage output with life gain.

Decklist:

The trick is to let her fill her field with at least 4 Haunted Creepers and then use Consecrate. Don't let her keep any creatures on the field with more than 1 attack. If you do, kill it before the Consecrate or use Humility on it. I found the Stoneskin Gargoyle was the best creature to keep around.

Basically, once you've nuked the field, she will have seven minions with only 1 attack power. Throw down Voodoo Doctor and Earth Ring Farseer as mana allows along with a minion with charge or Elven Archer for damage output. Only attack Maexxna, don't attack any of the minions. Once you have Guardian of Kings and the mana to cast it, you will only lose a net of 1 Health each turn. Once you hit 8 mana, you can summon GoK and VD for a net gain of 1. Then alternate mana around to deal damage and maintain health. If you can get GoK with ERF, you will have a net gain of +2 each turn.

Your equipment will also serve as extra damage. Originally I ran more creatures with charge or battlecry, but because of the importance of having the GoK 'Sap'ped each turn, I ended up dropping them for the equipment.

In addition, whenever your hand gets full, your best bet is to summon a 1 health charging minion and suicide into the Gargoyle. You won't kill it and you got rid of a worthless card. Only do this once you have enough mana to run the larger charging minion and don't need the weaker one. i.e. You have 8 Mana now, you can summon GoK and the Boar. At 9 mana, you can summon GoK and the Murloc. At 10 mana you can summon the GoK and the Rider. Since the smaller chargers could potentially cause you to fill up and lose new cards (which could be useful), your best bet is to let them die without killing anything. If anything dies, Maexxnas could summon an actual threat!

Eventually you will be dealing damage to Maexxnas each round while healing faster than she damages you. Each card she draws is instantly thrown into the trash and her full hand will never empty, effectively giving you a win.
Old 09-24-2014, 03:25 PM   #38
Loki

2 new nerfs.

Leeroy Jenkins is now 5 cost (up from 4). Starving Buzzard's stats were buffed from 2/1 to 3/2 but now costs 5 (up from 2).
Old 09-24-2014, 03:33 PM   #39
Charminions
Your reality is mine

RIP Hunter class.
Old 04-18-2015, 02:56 PM   #40
Heather
Naga's Voice

ITS HAPPENING FOLKS

HEY! You! You ever wanted a little more freedom with this game? Lugging an iPad got you down? Weep no more! Hearthstone for phones has landed! Go forth and do your whatever on your mobile phone-from Priest trolling to Warrior brutalizing, Hearthstone is ready to get on the go!

So yes. Also, that moment when a really good Priest hand gets you a 5/8 Goldshire Footman.

Quote:
Old 06-23-2015, 09:31 AM   #41
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Anyone still play this? Battle.net ID is outsidr#2774

Trying to grind ranked but don't have the cards to actually make a decent deck. No legendaries
Old 07-02-2015, 05:46 PM   #42
MCXD
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgeorge View Post
Anyone still play this? Battle.net ID is outsidr#2774

Trying to grind ranked but don't have the cards to actually make a decent deck. No legendaries
Face hunter doesn't have any legendaries.
MCXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 10:01 AM   #43
Kim Jong Illest
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgeorge View Post
MAULER5150#1372 ADD ME FAGGOTS

ANYWAY IF YOU'RE LOOKING TO DO SHIT CHEAP THERE ARE TWO COMMON WAYS

1. MAKE A FACE HUNTER LIKE MCXD SUGGESTED WHERE YOU LOAD UP ON CHARGE MINIONS AND SPELLS AND GO FOR FACE LIKE YOUR OPPONENT HAS TAUNT THE ONLY PROBLEM IS THAT BECAUSE FACE HUNTER DOESN'T INTERACT WITH THE BOARD THE PLAYSTYLE DOESN'T REALLY CARRY OVER TO ANYTHING ELSE

ALSO EVERYONE WILL HATE YOU SO THAT'S ANOTHER PROBLEM

TWO PROBLEMS

2. MAKE A ZOOLOCK/RUSH DECK WHICH USED TO BE HATED BUT NOW THAT FACE HUNTERS ARE A THING PEOPLE ARE STARTING TO REALIZE HOW GOOD THEY REALLY HAD IT

LIKE I ACTUALLY HAVE A FEW LEGENDARIES (GOOD ONES TOO LIKE RAG NOT DOG SHIT LIKE "PLEASE LOSE ME THE GAME" MILLHOUSE MANASTORM) AND THIS IS WHAT I'VE BEEN RUNNING IN RANKED SINCE GVG CAME OUT:

2 RARES AND 2 EPICS AND TO BE HONEST THE EPICS ARE PROBABLY NEGOTIABLE (SEA GIANT CAN BE REPLACED WITH DREADLORD OR ROUGH EQUIVALENTS LIKE FEL REAVER AND ENHANCE-O-MECHANO WITH DEFENDER OF ARGUS)

I DON'T CLAIM THAT THIS IS THE BEST MECH/ZOO DECK EVER (AND I'M MOSTLY A RANK 10+ BABBY BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE THE TIME/AM TOO LAZY TO GO FOR LEGENDARY) BUT IN MY EXPERIENCE IT WILL HOLD ITS OWN FAIRLY WELL AGAINST DECKS WITH A MUCH HIGHER DUST COSTS UNLESS YOUR CURRENT META HAS A FULLY ERECT HATE HARD-ON AGAINST ZOO

AND IF BLIZZARD WAS DUMB ENOUGH TO GIVE YOU NECROPOTENCE AS A CLASS ABILITY YOU MAY AS WELL GO WHOLE HOG

BOTH DECKS ALSO HAVE THE ADVANTAGE OF WINNING/LOSING RELATIVELY QUICKLY UNLIKE P2WARRIOR WHERE NOT ONLY DO YOU NEED TO HAVE GROM/ALEXSTRAZA TO NOT BE SCORNED AS A DIRT PERSON YOU ALSO NEED TO HAVE THE PATIENCE FOR 30 MINUTE GAMES WHERE YOU ARMOR UP TO >9000 (LIKE ALL THE COOL KIDS ON THE INTERNET ARE WONT TO SAY) AND HAVE YOUR OPPONENT DIE TO FATIGUE

UNLESS YOU RUN "EVERYONE GET IN HERE" WELFARE WARRIOR WHICH IS AT LEAST FUNNY

Last edited by Kim Jong Illest; 07-03-2015 at 10:08 AM.
Kim Jong Illest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 04:14 PM   #44
Apollo77
Done With Your Shit

Send a message via Skype™ to Apollo77
Thread revive...ENGAGE

So yeah I've been getting back into this recently, never was too good to start with (best rank was 19 rip) but I'm looking to build up my deck. Been trying to git gud at arena so I can build up my collection with all the packs, but would love some people to playtest constructed against as well. Anyone still playing?
Apollo77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 08:32 PM   #45
Shadowshocker
used First Impression

*cough*

"I must protect the wild."
"Watch... your... back."

Do me kill? NOPE
Me go mill? YUP
Deck too slow? NOPE
Deck still own? YUP
Me choose to damage? NOPE
Choose to silence? YUP
Choose give Mana? NOPE
Choose to draw? YUP
No early game? NOPE
Win against Flame? YUP
Oh, you rang? NOPE
Coldlight Gang? UP
Sorry about that? NOPE
Play Reno Jack? YUP
...Get rekt? NOPE
Get decked? YUP

Me choose to go mill, me no need to kill.
Everybody knows that the mill is the skill.

So if the deck is face hunter, me still go mill.
If the deck is anyfin, me still go mill.
If the deck is flamewaker, me still go mill.
Me give a f*ck cuz they don't like me.
Me still go mill.

Me net decklist? NOPE
Prep to Vanish? YUP
Lose to hounds? NOPE
Beneath the Grounds? YUP
Play Oil Rogue? NOPE
Think til rope? YUP
Play around zoo? NOPE
Draw... two? YUP
Be Shieldbearer? NOPE
Be Innkeeper? YUP
Me not cool? NOPE
Your hand is too full? YUP
Play deathrattle? NOPE
Ragequit battle? YUP
Watch your back? NOPE
Watch your deck? YUP

So if the deck is getting in here, me still go mill.
If the deck is giantlock, me still go mill.
If the deck is aggro shaman, me still go mill.
Me give a f*ck cuz they topdeck Tunnel Trogg.
Me still go mill.

Kill? NOPE
Mill? YUP
Kill? NOPE
Mill? YUP
Kill? NOPE
Mill? YUP
Kill?... NOPE
Mill?... YUP
Shadowshocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 05:38 PM   #46
Apollo77
Done With Your Shit

lmaoooooo Shadow, it's funny cuz I'm actually building a mill deck myself

So, we just got hit with some big nerfs. Knife Juggler (down to 2 attack), Keeper of the Grove (down to 2 health), and Blade Flurry (now 4 mana and only hits minions) are some of the most glaring. How might the meta be affected by this? (My Hunter deck is certainly gutted ;-; )
Old 04-25-2016, 06:54 PM   #47
Zelphon
Caffeinated

Send a message via Skype™ to Zelphon
Glorious.

Zelphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 10:46 PM   #48
Balmund
'Munds of fun

If any of you haven't gotten into Hearthstone yet, now's a pretty ideal time to do so! The new expansion, Whispers of the Gods, was just released recently, and for a limited time, anyone playing will be earning a ton of free boosters to start with. Furthermore, the new standard format means plenty of the old sets have been rotated out, so it's almost like you can get a fresh start!

For those of you already into WotOG, what kinda decks are you all thinking of playing for the next few seasons? Myself, I went straight into Dragon Paladin with the release of the new Deathwing, Dragonlord. Supporting the deck, I also crafted a Ragnaros, Lightlord, which is such a good card, and a definite auto include in all sort of midrange and control Paladin decks. I've been doing pretty good on ranked so far (Rank 8 ), especially against opposing midrange and control decks, although I tend to struggle against aggro. The decklist, as it stands, is like so:

I'm also almost done building my N'zoth Rogue and C'thun Druid decks. Will post the decklists for those once they're out.

Last edited by Balmund; 04-29-2016 at 10:03 AM.
Old 04-29-2016, 08:20 PM   #49
Apollo77
Done With Your Shit

Oh man that deck looks pretty sweet. As if dragons weren't annoying enough already, Deathwing just has to come along and make things even more fun lol.

Personally I'm working on C'Thun Druid, and Zoolock, though I'd love to make a N'Zoth Hunter if I could actually pull N'Zoth. (I don't have the means to get a ton of dust so crafting isn't really an option.) Also, completely unrelated to WotOG, I'm almost done with my Mill Rogue, since I just need 200 more gold to get the LoE wing for Brann Bronzebeard.
Old 04-29-2016, 08:45 PM   #50
Balmund
'Munds of fun

You'll notice Bran quickly finding a home inside your C'thun deck as well. It's such a great card when it comes to squeezing value out of your Battlecries.

Also, now that you mention it, Zoolock is currently at its strongest iteration ever in the history of the game... and it's still ridiculously cheap to craft as well. I'm already noticing an raise in Zoo matchups recently, and its bound to increase once people realize C'thun is a tad overhyped.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games