UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out

Old 09-30-2013, 07:21 PM   #1
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Misdreavus I want to play a game. [The Gastly Trials]

Hello. I want to play a game...

In the bank, or on the beach... at home, or on an adventure... Wherever you happen to be, you are approached by a Drifloon holding a tiny mailbag full of envelopes. The Drifloon, upon seeing you, rifles through the bag and offers you an ornate invitation with your name on it in meticulous red script, before bowing and floating away. You were not expecting any correspondence, and something about the ink with which your name was written seems strangely ominous, yet your curiosity is piqued. Someone went to the time and expense of getting some particularly fancy stationary and spelling out your name with gorgeous, well-practiced handwriting. What harm could there be in reading the anonymous sender's invitation?

With inexplicably trembling hands, you break open the blue wax seal, which has been stamped with a small crown above the monogram "BG". A member of royalty, perhaps...?

To the Esteemed Colleague of Lady Marion Ette,

You are cordially invited to participate in a series of trials in order to determine the most suitable owner of the female Gastly which has recently come under my lady's ownership. The young Gastly is not terribly comfortable becoming subservient to the one among you who simply pays the largest amount; rather, she wishes to belong to the trainer who can most aptly care for her needs. We on Marion's team seek to carry out the wishes of our sister... To that end, I have volunteered to organize an event which will provide a more appropriate assessment of each trainer and their capabilities. In order to encourage participation, the price of the Gastly for the individual who wins her undying devotion will be the paltry fee of 1 candy. We hope that the low cost of the trade will encourage all those who think themselves potentially worthy of this Gastly's friendship to agree to these trials.

Becoming part of the event is quite easy; we simply ask that all interested participants mail back the attached card with their name and the names of the two (2) Pokemon chosen to accompany the trainer during the three trials. Though I am not at liberty to discuss the exact nature of these trials, I have been encouraged to make known the fact that your wits, courage and decision-making skills will all be put to to the test. Choose your partners wisely.

I sincerely hope that you will consider our invitation and help us provide the best possible home for our spectral companion. Best of luck to you in all your future endeavors, whatever they may be!

Respectfully Yours,

Bedivere

You read through the invitation with some measure of interest. After all, you have seen contests like this being held for the rights to trade for a Pokemon in the past, and from your recollections of observing or even participating in them, they had a reputation for being quite fun... Yet there was something missing in that invitation. Where on Earth was this contest being held? When? How? The important logistics seem to have been left out, perhaps intentionally so... You wonder if this decision was meant to heighten curiosity, or if there was some aspect of the trials that would be considered unsavory if the details were revealed. Knowing what you've heard about Marion Ette and her team of spooks, either explanation is equally likely... Even so, was the potential for danger worth missing out on this once in a lifetime opportunity?

Listen carefully, if you will. There are rules.

General

This contest is unique in that it does not rely on dice rolls. Since I am the one running the contest, and I firmly believe in the importance of RP, these trials will be testing your ability to roleplay your character in the act of problem-solving and decision-making. This means that not only will you be judged on your ability to solve the puzzles themselves, but on how you write the thoughts and considerations of your character as they go through each trial. Obviously, this means that RP is not simply encouraged: It's mandatory. The criteria for judgment will be outlined in greater detail once the contest begins, but the general criteria are as follows:

-Did you actually manage to solve the puzzle/make a decision that would be feasible and workable given the environment? This includes avoiding Deus ex Machina solutions and godmodding, as well as keeping the species and level of your Pokemon in mind when roleplaying their actions. (It is worth mentioning that tasks will be tailored towards individual trainers and their Pokemon in order to even the playing field.)

-Did you provide insight into the thought process of your character? Conversely, if your character is very impulsive, did you capture that in the way the character reacts? After reading your responses, does your reader have a fairly clear idea of how that character operates?

-Was your writing descriptive and intriguing in responding to the challenges? Do you write about your character and his or her Pokemon in such a way that we as readers want to read about their struggle? Remember that errors in syntax and grammar that are sufficient enough to impede understanding will count against you.

-Did you submit your RP on time? Remember that you will have two weeks to respond to each trial. Generally, late responses will not be accepted, though there may be some flexibility with this provided that communication is made ahead of time and the delay is not extensive.

Rules and guidelines will be further elaborated upon with each trial.

Joining

In order to join the contest, you must write a preliminary RP in this thread explaining:

-Where your character was/what they were doing when they received the invitation

-Their thoughts and feelings upon receiving the invitation, and what ultimately spurred them to choose to respond

-The two Pokemon that your character has chosen for the trials, and why they were chosen

The preliminary RP must be submitted no later than October 8th, 2013. Preliminary RP WILL NOT COUNT towards your final score, though I will be providing PMs with general comments in order to clue participants in to what they might need to work on as they move forward into the trials.

Judgment

I do not intend to make my judgments alone. In the interest of maintaining fairness and ensuring that there is no bias in my decisions, I will be consulting other members who are not a part of the competition in helping to determine final outcomes. You may volunteer to review judgments if you are so inclined. Reviewers will be consulted in order to determine the fairness and legitimacy of each individual's score.

Scores will not be made public, and at the end of Trial 3, the winner will be publicly announced. As the competition progresses, however, each participant will be privately messaged their scores after each trial and provided a breakdown of how the determination was reached. This is to ensure that participants receive feedback for their writing in a more intimate, confidential setting. I will also respect requests for no feedback if such a request is made.

Please do not hesitate to ask me any questions regarding this contest. I will be happy to answer... as long as it's not the answer to your trial, of course. I do believe that is everything I wanted to cover...

Let the game begin.
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:44 AM   #2
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

The sun was setting, bathing the sky above Fizzytopia in a variety of beautiful colors. It was a gorgeous sunset, visible from virtually any area in the vast Fizzytopia region, but it was an especially beautiful view when seen at sea. Currently in a position to verify this claim was none other than the 23-year-old Poison-type trainer (a phrase with more than one meaning) known as Keith Masters, currently at the helm of the Banette's Revenge, a large boat built by himself and some of his Pokémon. Keith was clad in his usual attire- a red and white sleeveless jacket over a black t-shirt, blue jeans, white sneakers, and perhaps his most distinctive feature, a large, brown cowboy hat. And he too was admiring the sunset, as his boat drew closer to the docks.

"What a day, huh, Meowth?" grinned Keith, addressing the Normal-type on his shoulder.

"Yeah," replied Meowth, speaking in English. "I gotta hand it to youse, Keith, spendin' da day at sea was a great idea."

"Wasn't it?" replied the trainer. "The weather was great, the sea was calm, nobody got hit with Wingull crap, and I actually remembered to put Pisces in her Poké Ball before packing the picnic lunch this time."

The conversation broke off at that point, for they had drawn very close to the docks by now, and Keith had to focus on bringing the Banette's Revenge to a stop in just the right place. It wasn't hard, as this was far from his first voyage. And after that, once he was off the boat and on the dock, he also had to tie her off, to prevent her from drifting away.

"And that should do it," declared Keith, nodding his satisfaction at the knots he had tied. "I- Meowth, what is it?"

"Drifloon ahoy," Meowth replied, pointing over a cluster of trees further inland. Keith looked at where Meowth was pointing, and sure enough, what appeared to be a pale purple helium balloon was floating down towards him. Keith did indeed recognize it as a Drifloon. And what was more, he recognized this particular Drifloon.

"Hello, Murmur," Keith greeted the Ghost/Flying-type as it approached him. Though he was not altogether displeased to see him, the fact remained that the two of them were not on the best of terms. Not unlike how James, Keith's Vileplume, and Severus, his Dustox, used to feud with each other, before they eventually settled their differences and became friends. Of course, Keith could not help but think to himself, James at least was still with the woman he loved... Shaking the depressing thoughts out of his head, Keith looked at Murmur again- the Drifloon was carrying a tiny mailbag, he now noticed, and was holding something out to him. It was a folded piece of paper, sealed with blue wax- it looked like an invitation. Keith reached out and accepted the unexpected piece of mail, examining it- on the ornate invitation was written "Keith Masters" in fancy script.

"Wat's dat?" Meowth asked as Murmur flew off.

"Invitation of some kind," Keith replied, still examining it. Something about the invitation, particularly the red script which spelled out his name, struck him as vaguely ominous, for reasons he couldn't quite place. "I mean, it's clearly from Marion, given that Murmur delivered it, but... what could this be about?"

"One way ta find out," Meowth shrugged. "Open it up, why don'cha?"

"Yeah... yeah..." Keith murmured as he broke open the blue wax seal. He wasn't sure why this was unnerving him so... Especially given that it wasn't exactly easy to scare him. Perhaps it was just the fact that he had absolutely no clue as to what this could be about? Was it the ominous red script in which his name was written, despite the fact they weren't five feet away from a boat with her name painted on the stern in blood-red lettering? Eh, could be. Finally, Keith opened up the invitation and began to read it. Meowth looked up at his trainer, and to his dismay, took note of the familiar gleam in his eye. That gleam, as Meowth knew full well, was usually indicative of either a new teammate or a very, very bad idea. Sometimes both.

"Oh, crap, do I even wanna know?" Meowth asked.

"Well, well," Keith remarked as he looked away from the invitation. "Seems Marion hatched a Gastly and is putting her up for trade. But instead of holding out for the highest bidder, she's holding a series of trials to determine the owner. Some kind of competition."

"And lemme guess, you want in?" the Scratch Cat Pokémon sighed.

"You know me all too well," grinned Keith. "You know just how much I love a good challenge, and these trials will apparently put my wits, courage, and decision-making skills to the test-"

"Yer screwed," Meowth stated at once. "Let's face it, youse ain't exactly da best decision maker in da world."

"Hey, I learned from those mistakes!" said Keith. "Besides, it says here I can pick two of my Pokémon to assist me in the trials-"

"Ooohhhhhhh, no, no, no!" Meowth interrupted, wildly waving his front paws in protest. "Youse ain't ropin' me into dis! I refuse!"

"Oh, relax," said Keith, rolling his eyes. "I had no intention of asking you anyway. You get freaked out just walking from our house to Marion's, I'm not about to put you through whatever competition she and/or her team's cooked up. Though that does raise the question, who will I use? Hmm, doesn't help that I got no clue what these trials are gonna be like..."

"Why is youse even tinkin' about dis anyways?" asked Meowth. "Or did youse forget about Chuck? Ya already gots a Gastly!"

"Told you, Meowth, I like a good challenge," replied Keith. "And until things get settled with the trainer battle referees, things are gonna be pretty boring around here. Besides, one can never have too many Gastly," he added, while giving Meowth a very significant look. As if to drive the point home, the tiniest wisp of purple Smog rose from one of his hands.

"What is all this a-bout tri-als?" came a voice. Keith turned around to see a smiling Shuppet floating off the boat, using Psychic to haul behind her a cooler that was previously packed with a perfect picnic lunch. In response, Keith held up the invitation for Helena to read. The Shuppet read through it in silence, though she quickly got a gleam in her eye not unlike what Keith would get. Meowth was starting to get the idea that this gleam was a Masters family trait. Once she was done reading, Helena looked up at Keith, a somewhat excited smile on her face to match aforementioned gleam.

"I'm gonna go ahead and guess you want in?" grinned Keith.

"Could I?" Helena asked. "This will be so much fun! I think we could make a great team in some-thing like this!"

"I dunno whether we would, but you know what? I think I'd like to find out." said Keith, smiling. "Alright, you're in. I still get to take another Pokémon, though... Hmm... Well, if Meowth's out of the question, then Six certainly is as well... Pepperspray's too hyper..."

"How a-bout Her-mi-o-ne?" suggested Helena. "She's pro-bab-ly the smar-test Po-ké-mon on the team."

"I like how you're thinking, but I've just had an idea, tell me what you think," replied Keith. "I was thinking maybe I'll enter with Hedwig- I haven't had much opportunity to do that much with her lately, and what better way to prove to her that Batrach's not taking her place?"

"Hmm," Helena said thoughtfully. "That's not a bad i-de-a. Be-sides, should a-ny of these tri-als in-volve fa-cing strong Po-ké-mon, Hed-wig would cer-tain-ly be a wise choice."

"That she would," nodded Keith, a hint of pride in his voice- as Hedwig's trainer, having raised her from a Zubat, her strength was a reflection on his abilities as a trainer, after all. "Well, if you're OK with this, then that's what we'll go with."

"Works for me," smiled Helena.

"Alright, grinned Keith. With that, he reached into his right pants pocket and produced a pen from within. "Just gonna reply real quick," he added, walking off the dock and onto dry land. Nearby there stood the stump of a tree which had recently been cut down. It was on this stump Keith placed a card which seemed to have been enclosed in the invitation, and proceeded to write;

Quote:
Marion,

I would love to participate in these trials. I will be entering with my Shuppet, Helena, and my Crobat, Hedwig. Looking forward to it!

-Keith Masters
"OK, now just gotta mail this thing back," Keith muttered. As he spoke, he plucked a Poké Ball off his belt and enlarged it. "Batrach, come on out!" he added, throwing the ball into the air, unleashing his Pidove. "Got a delivery for you to make, Batrach."

"Pidove dove!" chirped Batrach happily, hovering in front of her trainer. Keith held out the card to her, and the Pidove clutched it tightly in her talons.

"I want you to deliver that to Marion," Keith instructed his Pidove. "You know where she lives, correct?"

'Pi Pidove," nodded Batrach, before she took off.

"Ehhh," Meowth spoke up, "Ya tink it's a good idea ta let Batrach deliver dat to Marion?"

"Oh, relax, Meowth," replied Keith. "If there's one thing Batrach specializes in, it's delivering mail. She can be a little forgetful in other situations, but she has an amazing sense of direction. Now, what say we all head on back to the house? That means you guys, too!" he added, calling over to the Timburr, the Weezing, the Arbok, the Grimer, the Ariados, the Gulpin, the Ivysaur, the Torkoal, and the Axew still on the deck of the Banette's Revenge.

Helena proceeded to use Psychic to pick up the cooler again as Keith produced a number of Poké Balls and started withdrawing the Pokémon that were still on his boat, and in less than a minute, they were en route back to Keith's Secret Base for the night. Hopefully, Batrach would be waiting there for them, having already made the delivery- it had been a fun day, yes, but a long one as well, and right now, sleep was sounding like a good idea to Keith.

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 10-01-2013 at 01:32 AM.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 02:20 PM   #3
OkikuMew
Droppin' CDs and beats

A heavy rain is tapping on the windows of the classroom. A chalk held by the middle-aged teacher rubs and screeches and leaves its particular dust behind forming on the blackboard equations of various basic fractions. A young girl, no older than 11, sitting right in front of the class, watches the nominators and denominators fly by. Scratching her neck under her white t-shirt decorated only by a swirling pattern of pink flowers around the collar, she pays attention as much as possible to the lesson... even though every "new" portion of it was so predictable for her, she wonders if the lesson was even worth giving. As the minutes go by, the girl feels suddenly drowsy. Her eyes are closing by themselves. She guesses that a nap right there and then wouldn't be so bad. After all, she heard so many people, especially on TV, sleeping in class and never get caught, plus it's not like she's missing anything important... She crosses her arms in a way it would leave a comfy niche for her forehead to lean on, while keeping her big purple polka-dotted eyeglasses intact and on her nose at the same time, in case she does get caught by her teacher. Before submerging her head in the arms nest, she glances at her cute Metapod-shaped crayon case, thinking she has been getting through a lot lately, and she deserved a nice rest.

But her rest never happened.

Instead, as soon as she engulfs herself into darkness and succumbs to the weight of her pupils, she falls into a bottomless pit. Screeching and whispering swirl around her, faster and faster, as she, too, spins into oblivion. Her head gets into the action soon after, which feels like her cranium became a heavy blender, and her brain is its future smoothie. The girl fails her arms around, trying to grab on something, anything, to get out of this horrid place... she wants to go back to her class, no matter how boring it is...

And she does. Not in the way she expected, though. The first thing she lays her eyes upon as they finally open is her desk. It isn't standing up. It is crumbled down on the ground, its cover open and its contents, including her schoolbooks, snacks, crayons of all kinds, all splattered around it, as if a tornado ran by. A few of her books started to move away from her. She moves her head up and notice it was simply one of her classmates, which she didn't quite like her, who is picking up her books, while looking back at her with the most terrorized look on her face that she ever saw on her, or even set upon her. Coming more to her senses, she looks at her surroundings. All her classmates is watching her. All shared the same flabbergasted, frighted and concerned expression. Her teacher is right beside her, worried.

“...ku, are you ok?” she asks “Okiku! Are you ok!?” she demanded louder, panicking.

At this point, the girl realizes she was talking to her, but more to her concern and confusion, also noticed how both her arms are held straight up high. They feel stiff, as if a jolt of lightning went through them and made them stuck this way. Shyly and slowly, she lowers them, still looking at the dumbfounded students.

“I-I'm ok...” she manages to mumble, feeling her vocal cords weak.

“Let's bring you to the administration,” the teacher sighed in relief, “the secretary will check on you and will call your parents so you can go home. Don't worry about class for today, alright? Let's go.”

The woman helps the girl getting off of her chair, holds her by her shoulders, and carefully rushes her out of the class. The girl looks back one more time at her scared classmates, some doing their best of placing back her desk as if nothing happened, as if trying to erase from their minds what happened. On the way out of the classroom, her attention turn to the “pop-up collages” they have done last week, which now decorates the wall in the corridors. She lightly smiles as she spots her own project, a Mew sleeping on a flat rock, surrounded by leaves and vines glued in such a way it only partly covered the masterpiece’s main subject as they spurt out of the main paper. But the piece she looks at the most before turning the corner though was one of a pretty Clefable, which strangely enough was the “popping” figure of the whole craft, but its eyes was cut out, leaving on its base an eerie, spiked shadow behind... Her mind drifts away from the image as they turn the corner towards the stairs, down to the first floor where the administration room is.

The teacher opens the door on the right to the stairs for the girl, perhaps out of fear of her touching the doors and infect it with whatever she have. The student goes through it. Suddenly, thunder. And the lights goes out. While the girl is taking her first step on the stairs. A maniacal laugh is heard, and the faint glow of red, pointed eyes flashes under her feet, and electricity comes back into the building.

It was too late.

The girl tripped on her own feet, leaping right into the stairs. While running towards her but without going in the stairs, the teacher screams in horror, in unison of a kid who happens to be walking up the stairs on the opposite side of the stairs. The girl did all she could to get her balance back, to grip on the ramps to stop herself from falling, but she is falling too high, too far from anything to save her. Her arms wave as if they are trying to make her fly, but all they did is pushing her body around where she is landing on the small, cold and hard ceramic stairs head first...

...Then right before the hit, she screamed.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Okiku's body sprang out of her bed, her back and forehead sweating buckets and her mouth wide open while still shouting. Unsurprisingly, the commotion made all the other trainers and travellers wake up suddenly too, sharing the same “cottage room” of the Pokémon Centre to sleep the night in. All looked at her, with a mix of concern and annoyance. The young woman, after breathing heavily a few times and getting back to reality, she blushed and apologized countlessly, explaining the best she could between her stutters she simply had a horrible nightmare.

“I'll never get used to those stares,” she thought as she watched the glares of her 'sleepmates', thankfully slowly fading into their covers and pillows. “...Heh, that's for you to sleep in nearest safe place in Phantom Isle, I guess...”

She adjusted her light pink, chinese-like set of pyjamas a bit, to make herself more comfortable before tucking herself back unto her bedsheets. And then, like the others, fell asleep soon after.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Later that night, still asleep, Okiku felt something brushing against her shoulder.

“Uhh, no need... to bug me... I'm ok...” she moaned, her conscious still not fully present.

The brushing turned into a stronger and more eager push.

“Uuugh, ok ok, I'm gettin' up!” she growled, in a shushed voice to not wake the others again. “Make it frekin' quick, already my night's sleep ruined once...”

After the trainer turned on her small table lamp with one hand and rubbed her droopy eyes with the other, she sees that the one who awakened her was a Drifloon, porting a mailbag of sorts.

“Ehh, I'm not a kid anymore, I don't think you'll be able to bring me away from here anyway, especially with my bigger weight and all,” she whispered, referring to the legend of Drifloons carrying children to the underworld.

Ignoring that comment, the Balloon Pokémon started searching in her bag, then pulls out a heavily-decorated letter and handed it to the Psychic specialist, which she noted that “Okiku Hirundo” was methodically scripted on it with blood red ink. As she muttered a confused “Eeeeh”, the ghost politely bowed then floated away towards the lone open window of the room.

“H-hey! Wait! What's the meaning of this!?” she exclaimed as loud as she could without startling the others again.

Either the Drifloon ignored or didn't hear her, as it left the building through the window. Okiku sighed at this madness, looking down at the message. She wondered who in the world would send her such a letter, especially in this way and at this hour of the night. She looked at it more carefully, trying to find clues related to it before opening it up (after all, it looked suspicious), and spotted the blue wax seal, consisting a crown and a “BG”. She lifted her eyebrow in thought, not knowing anyone or any group with such initials or acronym. Tired of the guessing game, she decided to finally open it. Grabbing her pocket knife, she slowly and carefully unglued the seal, trying to keep it intact (if it ended up harmless, she would love to keep such a nice-looking message), but her shaky hands ended up ruining it, ripping it in an uneven half. Why was her hands so wobbly? Was it the lack of sleep, the nightmare earlier still shaking her subconscious, or even the letter itself freaking her out? She wasn't sure herself why, but it was sure she was disappointed of breaking the seal in such an way, far from her expectations of keeping it intact. Shaking those silly thoughts out of her head, Okiku proceeded checking out the contents of the famous letter. To her relief, nothing seemed dangerous, as it held only a blank card and a simple but elegant folded stationary paper with a note just as beautifully handwritten on it.

She started reading it. After the first few words of it, she awed in understanding of the circumstances of the letter's eerie arrival and general presentation: it was related to Marion, a trainer who she crossed her path a few times. Specialized in ghost Pokémon, she seemed to have borrowed their sense of creepiness and mystery that they hold. After she finished reading it, the trainer made in her head a quick summary of it all: A certain Bedivere, one of Marion's Pokémon and possibly the owner of the letter's seal, is holding up some kind of event to get, to whoever passes the trials, a lady Gastly. To accept the invitation, the designators of the invitations simply need to send the card back, writing on it obviously they accept joining the event, but also mentioning two Pokémon they will each bring with them.

Okiku tilted her head as she read over and over the same word on the letter: Gastly. Could... could it be what was hunting her? No, it can't be. She was pretty sure what was after her was most likely a Gengar, and she doesn't believe in “de-evolution”... and that Gastly surely was recently hatched, therefore couldn't possibly... It wasn't possible they're related. And yet, something, something she couldn't put her finger on it, just begged her to go, begged to at least try to approach this specific ghost Pokémon. Like if there was a mystery to be solved around her... just like all these myths and temples she's been chasing and checking after ever since she started her Pokémon journey, for no reason other than following her “gut feelings”. After a long pause, she drastically grabbed the card and stared at it.

“...I got to get at the bottom of this,” she thought.

She dig through her backpack while being careful of not doing too much noise, picked up one of her many pens in her left hand, and started writing in cursive (for the exception of the capitalized letters) on the card while placing it on the small bed table near her.

After half a minute through her reply, Okiku lifted her pen and knocked it twice on her chin, pensive. She had no idea who she'll bring. What will they be facing? Nothing's for sure, as the trials weren't described in full. It did mention however “wits, courage and decision-making skills”... On the courage point, the first names she thought was Max and Rawk, but the latter was, in all honesty, a bit... “lacking” on the decision-making part. Not to mention that the former had many combat advantages compared to the rest of the team, having a large range of types in terms of attacks and is resistant to Ghost-typed moves, which could be very well a smart move as everything seems to be surrounded by them... not to mention his Odor Sleuth move, which have helped her so many times before, she believed it'll help her out again, both in and out of battle. So Max in the duo was a no-brainer.

Her second choice, however... was a bit more difficult. Sure, she isn't out of smart Pokémon, her team filled with brain-oriented Psychic Pokémon, but it could very well be played at her disadvantage, being type-wise “weak” against ghosts... but she second-thought this and concluded it shouldn't be that bad, plus their smarts would outweigh everything else. Even then, there's still the fact on who to choose among them... Then it came to her that not only she needed a smart Pokémon, but one with just as much abilities and trust than Max has, for any eventuality the trials may bring... which made the decision harder, but in the way around: now there was hardly any Pokémon fitting that criteria. She guessed it was time to rely on her good ol' intuition for this one. She closed her eyes, thought of all her teammates... and one, single name resonated: Beckett. There's... something that told her she should bring him. The more she thought about it, the more she could sort of see why: Sure, he had zero combat experience and hardly have any combat-worthy moves. But his butler-worthy faithfulness, calmness, and wits, along with his ability to fly could very well be the one Pokémon she would need. Finally decided, she made sure the point of her pen was out before continuing then finishing writing her answer.

Quote:
Dear Bedivere and other teammates under Marion,

I would like to participate to the event which you have prepared trials for those who wants to take under their wing the young female Gastly your trainer has entrusted with recently. To face those challenges, I will be accompanied with Max the Poochyena and Beckett the Swoobat. I hope to be worthy of your sister, or at least do admirably well enough in the trials for my participation to not be either a burden or trivial to the event, as I am sure you all have taken a good amount of time and energy to prepare it.

With my most respectful sentiments,

Okiku Hirundo
As she lifted her pen, happy with her final product, a question, jolted though her head: where does the trials occur, exactly? She would believe it would be in Phantom Isle, which she happens to be near, but Marion's and consequently (or the way around?) her team's way of thinking can be quite unpredictable, it could be anywhere. At least it's a good thing she and her Pokémon remembered where their base was, despite not having visited it, so she could send the card. She got off of her bed, walked to the opened window and threw Rawk's Pokéball to free him outside the Pokécenter. After shushing after him a few times to stop the Staravia from squawking so loud, she whispered him her instructions and slipped the card, now rolled together and held this way with the help of a rubber band, into his claw. After she watched him fly away into the moonless sky, Okiku turned around, facing her bed.

“Now can I get some sleep? Yes? Thank you, kthxbye,” she grumpily mumbled to herself before crashing into her bed and fall asleep for the third time that night.

Art || FB || WF || Tumblr

Last edited by OkikuMew; 10-06-2013 at 05:58 PM.
OkikuMew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 07:11 PM   #4
Toyo
hail

Here we sat. Staring at a brick wall, waiting for something; a spark of adventure, a shard to pique his curiosity. But for the past few months, that hadn’t happened for James. And this is where he sat. In the alleys of the city, wanting nobody to see him in his little well of demotivation. Right now, sitting between the brick wall of a little bakery and the glass and steel tower of business, between the two sides of the city; the olden days, where freedom reigned, and the modern times, where greed and wealth sat through the city.

Among him were the six pokeballs on his belt; only holding five companions that could help him with whatever he needed; a weasel from the sea, a bird who sees more than the sky, a stone with his own strength, a fiery ape, and a curious girl. A Tropius he had been holding for while now for food once occupied that final slot. Now that he’s away, James has to go out and find food for himself. For the best, he had said as he passed the dino on to a new trainer, hoping that the forced motion would make him go out and do something with himself. But it seemed like the opposite had happened. He felt even more hopeless.

And this is where our story begins. That one spark appears from above, a little balloon holding an bag stuffed to the brim with slips of paper. The purple messenger drifts down, and floats effortlessly before James. James, however, keeps staring into space, thinking. The Drifloon nudges him slightly with a string before James jerks to life, like a Golett after a deep slumber of inactivity.

“W-what?” James says, startled and rubbing his eyes. “Oh. Uhhhh. Hey there, little guy.” The boy gives a little wave, and the Drifloon shakes his balloon features as he ruffles through his messenger bag and hands a little envelope to James. “Thanks…” James says, glancing down before looking back at the balloon. It gives a quick bow, before inflating itself and poofing upwards, to the next recipient.

James glanced down at the envelope. The white slip had his name on it; “James T. M. Kirdied” was written on one side in neat, red ink. The other side was marked with a seal, a blue wax circle imprinted with the letters “BG”, with a small crown resting above it. His thumb slid across the slip, before pushing against the seal and carefully opening the letter to reveal lines of red ink, carefully written. It reminded James of the letters his dad would get, detailing assorted deals; good or bad. Regardless of his memories, the boy began to read the letter.

What he read was an invitation to a game of sorts; a puzzle. Memories of the Raikou Race came to mind here; an event held to deem the victor of a new friend, a Cherubi. He had won, with the unexpected speed of Neville, whose flat Stunfisk body held no promise for speed. And maybe this strange stroke of luck would apply here as well. But that wasn’t the real reason why he considered entering.

This was the spark, the shard. Something that could get him back into the world. Something that could show that he was still there. Even if this was just a spark, this was a spark flying into a pool of oil. It could cause something.

And for that, James began thinking about the two members of the team he was bringing along. Alexander, his Natu with an eye for the future, came to mind. No matter how cryptic he was, he could be a true force against puzzles, either with the slightest nudge from a premonition or his abnormal intelligence. And one of the best qualities about his skills was the fact that Alexander knew how to be cryptic enough to not give away the answer, but it’s enough to be used as a starting point. But who would be the second, the one who assisted them? Although James and Alexander were smart and could solve puzzles the easiest, the letter also mentioned courage and decision making skills. And that was something neither of them had mastered. Somebody who was courageous and with good morales, a strong sense of right and wrong. And that’s when it clicked in James’ head.

Jojo, the motherly Darumaka. No matter what had happened, Jojo seemed to be fearless in battle to better herself and her team; or in Jojo’s terms, her familia. She knew what was right and wrong, and for sure, she was the most caring and trustworthy pokemon on the squad. And thusly, she deserved the second slot. With that, James got out a blue pen and a scrap of paper from his journal, resting in his cluttered messenger bag, similar to the Drifloon’s. He wrote a short message to the holders of this event:

To Marion Ette and her team:

I’d like to join your games. I’ll be bringing along my Natu and Darumaka, Alexander and Jojo respectively. Thanks for the opportunity.

- James Kirdied

And with that, James stood up with a purpose for the first time in ages, as he began to hunt down a post office.
Toyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 05:45 PM   #5
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Life was quite dull for the dark-haired young trainer, sitting along the edge of a dock belonging to a small, run down town. A light coating of Haze enveloped over the trainer, brought forth by a small dark-feathered bird perched upon the trainer's shoulder. The trainer has visited this dock quite often as of late; sitting along the edge and looking into the horizon as he contemplated his life and the goals of his future. The locals were used to seeing the trainer's face lurk through the town before taking a rest at the docks, though any curiosity they might have of the trainer were cast away out of fear. The trainer's sharp red eyes, and dark clothing- a leather jacket, a plain dark red t-shirt underneath, and a pair of black jeans, were enough to give off a menacing aura to the ordinary man. Truth be told, the trainer wasn't looking for trouble, nor was he angry or depressed. He simply enjoyed having time alone to himself, and having the peaceful environment shrouded in a calming haze gave him some solace that he enjoys once in a while. The trainer closes his eyes as takes in a deep breath, relaxing his head back a bit while his feet freely dangle off the edge of the wooden dock, softly hovering over the surface of the water.

"Monsieur Charm... we have been here for quite some time now. When shall we head back?" the Murkrow spoke, a French accent lacing through the words of his perfected English.

"A few more minutes, Don," the trainer semi-consciously said, his eyes still closed as he continued to not have a care in the world.

With that said, silence has set into the scenery once again. A few minutes have passed, and a few more, but Charm continued to stay in his relaxed position as Don loyally stood by, looking increasingly impatient. "Monsieur, something is coming..." the Murkrow suddenly said, eyeing the shaping of a round figure with two thin strands holding some sort of bag as it entered through the mist.

"Hm?" Charm eyes opened to see a Drifloon floating before them. "Hello there," the trainer politely greets. He notices the mail bag the Drifloon is carrying and began to wonder who this little one belonged to. The Balloon Pokemon simply reached into the bag, pulling out an enveloped letter with Charm's name written on it in an elegant script. He hands the letter over to the trainer, giving a polite bow before floating off, perhaps to deliver more mail.

A confused look stretched across Charm's face as he looked at the letter in his hands. Who could have possibly sent this to him? A curious Don glanced over the trainer's shoulder, "Well, open it," he said as if he could read the trainer's mind. Charm does so, quickly pushing his hair out of the way of his eyes and holding the letter out for Don to read as well.

"Well this is interesting, I've always liked the Gastly line" the trainer grinned. He never actually met this Marion Ette, though he has heard the rumors from trainers he met throughout his journey, and they all were quite ominous.

"Very interesting," Don cackled with laughter, seeming borderline psychotic as he does and leaving Charm to look at him with concern. There he goes, Charm thinks to himself, ignoring the craziness for a moment.

"Well, any idea on who I should bring along? You seem very interested to go," Charm notes.

"I would most certainly like to go on this venture, with your permission," the Murkrow calms himself to reply.

"If I take you, who else should I bring along? I've taken Apollo everywhere, so it would be better to give someone else a chance. Perhaps Riff or Rune?" he asks his 'adviser'.

"How about Lumiere? His flame will be useful, and his Ghost-typing will give us an edge for whatever trials this spooky mistress may throw at us." The idea made sense to Charm, and yet he didn't like it.

"Lumie is still too young, and he has no experience doing this," Charm protectively said, "Besides, his behavior makes him a bit unreliable to use..."

"Do not worry about his behavior. I will personally keep him in check," the Murkrow smirked. And who will keep you in check? Charm thought to himself, letting out a sigh.

"Alright, fine," he gives in, reaching into his bag for a pen before writing out his reply.

Quote:
Miss Marion Ette,

I am honored to be invited to these trials for your Gastly. I will take up this offer and bring along Don, the Murkrow, and Lumiere, the Litwick, to this event.

- Charm
Charm quickly seals up the reply letter, before pulling out a Pokeball and releasing it into the air. A black and red colored Swellow beams out of it, giving a soft chirp as a greeting as she elegantly flaps in front of Charm. "Hello, Rukia," he smiles, as Don interrupts with a suave, "Bonjour, my sweet." Charm couldn't help but laugh a little as Rukia unknowingly ignores Don's flirting. "I need you to deliver this letter to the post office. It is for a trainer named Marion Ette," the trainer says, to which the Swellow nods in response. With that said, he straps the sealed letter onto Rukia's leg. With a nod from her trainer, the Swellow obediently flies off into the sky, delivering the letter that holds the next adventure for Charm.

Last edited by Charminions; 10-06-2013 at 09:27 PM.
Charminions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:44 PM   #6
Sneaze
Mrow?

Michael found himself alone in his somewhat small "lair" once more this evening, contemplating new developments on his personal quest of sorts as he lay on his rather comfortable couch. Every once and again he would raise his arm to wave away a small waft of smoke that came emanating from the muzzle of his snoring Houndoom, Joe, who lay sleeping beneath the nearby table. Right when Michael was on the verge of a zen-like moment in his train of thought Joe's ears perked up in alarm, and the rest of the hound quickly followed, smashing into the low table and flipping it over in the process. The startling sound caused Michael to jump clean out of his seat and onto his feet faster than he thought he ever could, and his hand reached for Joe to calm him as he growled at the doorway. As the Houndoom ceased his growling Michael pulled up the hood on his jacket, the plastic horns standing tall in case he needed to intimidate the intruder.

"We've not had a visitor since we revealed who we are..." the trainer muttered, referencing the night at the Nightclub some time ago. "Stay on your-" Michael found himself interrupted as a single Drifloon floated through the doorway. "...guard." The presence of the small Ghost caused Joe to continue his growling, baring his fangs at the balloon. Michael, however, took a moment to size up the small creature, and promptly noticed a bag in one of its strings, stuffed to the brim with letters. "You're... a messenger?" Questioning who could possibly be sending him mail, Michael reached his hand out for whatever parcel was sent to him, and the Drifloon obliged, handing him an envelope before bowing and taking its leave.

Taking a moment to sit back down, Michael carefully looked over the envelope. Other than the fact that it was a rather nice envelope, there was nothing overly special about it. Nonetheless, the well written name on the front felt rather ominous, even more so thanks to the blood red ink it was written in. "Well, no saying it wasn't meant for me, I suppose." And turning it over Michael broke the blue wax seal on the back, not recognizing the symbol used to press it closed. Opening the envelope, Michael pulled out an equally nice piece of parchment, with the same red ink sprawled over it. More importantly, however, his eyes were quickly drawn to the name at the top of the message. "...Marion?"

Michael had met Marion some time ago, but they were acquaintances at best, and with recent events his feelings towards her family were quite strained. Nonetheless he had nothing but respect for her, even if it did conflict with his other interests, and decided to read on. Having finished the note, the trainer folded it back up and stuffed it snugly back into its envelope. "Trials... for a Gastly... well, this could turn out to be quite interesting..." Michael muttered to himself for a moment as he lay back down, musing as to whether or not he should attend. Surely he should, after all, what better an opportunity to find out more about this Coselle woman, and Keith is sure to be there as well. But with no location nor time given, it could be a trap, after all there had been plenty of time for word to spread to Marion about who Michael was, and she would be sure to protect her sister.

'You should go.' The words run through his head somewhat unnaturally, and Michael knew exactly as to why, turning his attention towards the corner of the room before a Duskull phased through the walls. "And why is that, Marissa?" Michael responded, a bit unsure of the Ghost's motives. 'What better a way to gain her trust? And once you have it, you can look about as you please.' The response came quickly, with a small glint of mischief flashing through Marissa's single eye...

"Fine then, I'll go. But I don't want to be representing this thing that hunts her sister..." Throwing down his jacket, Michael continued, "which means you won't be coming with on this one, Joe." The Houndoom instantly barked angrily in response, small embers of flame gathering in his mouth. 'Now, now, dearie, you know this is for the best. You can't always play the babysitter.' And with that, the hound gruffly breathed a puff of smoke out in response, deciding to return to his nap, clearly having been out voted.

Michael could only smirk. This would be the first time he had gone anywhere without Joe tagging along, but his smile quickly turned to a frown, and he turned to Marissa with a question. "But who shall I bring with? Clearly you're my first choice for wits, but Joe is one of the best fighters I have." The Duskull nodded in agreement before floating over to Michael's bag and grabbing a ball, placing it in her trainer's hand, resulting in the smirk quickly returning to his face. "Yes, I think he'll do."

A few minutes later Michael had finished writing his response, sealing it up in a rather old envelope and sealing it shut. He passed the letter off to his Diglett, Dee, who quickly squeaked in response, snatching up the letter and burrowing underground, quickly heading off to her destination.

Quote:
Marion,

I would be glad to participate in your trials, and will be bringing along Marissa, my Duskull, and Ephraim, my Kingdra. Good luck in hosting your event.

-Michael

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:22 AM   #7
gmoyes
Thunder Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to gmoyes
Alex rubbed his eyes tiredly and leaned back in his chair. “As much as don’t want to, sooner or later I’m gonna have to take up coffee,” he moaned under his breath. He blinked and looked around the room he was currently in. It was one of the spare rooms in the Talas library, a space that throughout his adventures has become his pseudo-home. While he was trying to find a place of his own, he didn’t have a steady income of money to afford a place. He was lucky that the people who ran the library let him stay here. While he could do his own research throughout the archives, the librarians could call on him and his Pokémon to help out, such as to help sort the books or throw out unruly patrons. While he was by no means a master trainer, he had kind of become part of the library. And even when he did leave to go do his fieldwork, he always returned. Though then again, this was where he left his papers.

His papers were the main reasons he was so tired. He had the majority of them planned out in his head; he just needed to write them down and double check his sources. However, he was always a slow writer and often got lost in his own thoughts. Keeping all of this in his head and thinking it over certainly didn’t help him sleep. And even when he did get to sleep, it was somewhat fitful. It wasn’t really his dreams that made him restless, though he wasn’t really sure. He hardly every remembered his dreams, though the scraps that he did remember stuck with him for some reason. Oddly enough, he has had cases of déjŕ vu, which certainly were odd, especially from a scientific standpoint, but it certainly was something to think about.

His train of thought was broken when he saw an odd shape floating just outside the window. With a frown, he strode over to it peered out. Night had already fallen over the desert island, so it was dark and relatively cool compared to the daytime. Squinting into the dusk, he was surprised to see that what caught his attention was a Drifloon carrying a mailbag. Having a Drifloon being a mail carrier certainly was odd. There were tons of Pokémon faster and stronger than the ghostly balloon. The mailbag probably weighed more than it did. How it remained airborne was a mystery. Then again, it could probably control the gas inside itself to become practically a vacuum which would be much lighter than the surrounding air. Theoretically, a perfect vacuum was much more buoyant than hydrogen or helium ever could be, though containing one would be difficult. The situation could also explained by using psychic powers to support itself, or it could be chalked up to general ‘ghosty floatiness’. Either way, it still didn’t seem an efficient way to transport mail. Drifloon were blown by the winds and probably would have a tough time getting anywhere fast.

His train of thought was derailed again as the ghost he was observing looked at him through the glass and pulled out an envelope from its bag using its stringy arms and waved it at Alex. It took him a second to realize that it was for him. Curious, but cautious, he pushed open the window and put a hand on a pokeball in his pocket. He knew he could call on any of his Pokémon for some muscle, but he wanted to see what this was about.

The Drifloon floated over to the window and held out the letter for him. Alex reached over the sill and took it carefully. He certainly didn’t want to drop it out the window and have to search for it in the dark. Once it was in his gasp, the flying ghost gave a little salute and floated off, most likely to continue its route. “Uh, thanks?” he called after it, still a little confused about the situation.

With nothing else to do, he looked over what he had received. The envelope had a red scrawl on it that read ‘Alex Morgan’. There was no doubt it belonged to him. Though what could it be? All of his friends knew that it was easier to reach him by phone or e-mail, and this was certainly was no bill. He flipped it over and was stunned to find an old fashioned wax seal with the initials ‘BG’ in it. He didn’t know anyone with BG as their initials off the top of his head, definitely none that would do a wax seal on an envelope. He shook his head. The best way to figure this thing out was to open it. “Five bucks it says ‘you are cordially invited’,” he muttered to himself as he broke the seal.

He opened up the letter and snorted in laughter as sure enough, the first line read ‘you are cordially invited’. Though he was surprised to find that it was written ‘on behalf of Marion Ette’. He himself was friends with the somewhat eccentric ghost expert. Why hadn’t she written this herself? She would have known to e-mail him. At least it explained why the messenger was a Drifloon. While he wasn’t too familiar with her whole team, it wouldn’t surprise him if she had one of those ghostly balloons.

When he finished reading the letter, he sat down in his chair and thought about it. The message stated that Marion had a Gastly she wanted to give away and there was going to be some sort of competition to decide who got it. While Alex was an expert on non-biological Pokémon, he dabbled into Pokémon of other types. And technically speaking, a Gastly was non-biological, so it did fit into his research. Besides that, he was also interested in the spiritual side of Pokémon and a ghost type would help that area of studies. Still, he had some reserves for entering. There was no mention of what type of contest it would be other than ‘three trials that would test your wits, courage and decision making’. There was also the fact that Marion herself didn’t write this, her Pokémon did. Who knows what sort of things they have cooked up? Maybe she didn’t even know this was happening. For all he knew this was some sort of scheme to kill all of-

He shook his head. “Come on Alex, stop being paranoid,” he muttered to himself. He never thought of ghosts the same way after his Phantom Isle adventure. Hell, he never thought of anything the same way after that adventure. He had to trust Marion and her Pokémon. Besides, he remembered the author of this letter, Bedivere. The Frillish was practically Marion’s butler. The food he cooked up was awesome, there was no way he was planning on killing anyone. The seal also made more sense, assuming Bedivere’s last name started with G. Still, just because you’re paranoid doesn’t mean there isn’t someone out to get you.

He sighed and pulled up to his laptop. He first took a picture of the letter with its camera and saved it, then opened up a chat system and started typing to his Porygon who was currently surfing the internet for information.

Hey Glitch, check this out.
did you just get this?
Yes, a Drifloon just dropped it off.
are you going to be joining it?
I think so.
who are you signing up with?
I’m not sure, I was hoping to bounce a few ideas off you.
well first of all, who are your most trusted pokémon?
Theta and Echo of course. They are also rather strong, but I’m not sure about using them. Something just seems off and I don’t want to risk them.
how about some of your newer acquirements? you said you wanted to get out with them.
I know what you mean, all I’ve done with them was researching for Rho, Mike and Oscar.
you mean, you are currently researching rho.
Whatever. I'm not quite comfortable with them yet, which is important in this kind of event.
what about everyone else? me, bravo, kilo and phi.
Hmmm, Phi and Kilo I think are a little weak for this adventure. They need to spend more time training before they can do something like this.
so then there’s just me and the metang.
Sure, why not? You have the information and Bravo has the power.

Glitch?
what should i study for the upcoming event?

Alex gave a little grin to himself. He knew he could count on the virtual Pokémon and it had a perfect memory. And Bravo, while somewhat thick headed and blunt, was the powerhouse of his team. They should be a great duo to tackle this challenge. Now that he had his two Pokémon sorted out, now he had to respond to the letter. It said to send back his reply with the card in the envelope. He knew his hand writing sucked, so he opened up a new document on his computer and started typing up a response.

Quote:
Dear
He paused. The letter was from Bedivere, not Marion. While he knew he should reply to the sender, this was on Marion’s behalf so it shouldn’t really matter, right? If nothing else, he should make sure the letter arrived directly to Marion.

Quote:
Dear Marion,
I’m glad to sign up for this competition of yours, I’ll try to do my best and be able to win your Gastly. The two Pokémon that I’ll be using would be my Metang, Bravo, and my Porygon, Glitch. I hope to see you soon.
Alex Morgan
He saved the reply in a folder with the picture of the letter and printed it off. When it finished, he trimmed off the excess paper and stapled it to the return card and the original letter. He figured he could abuse the loophole that the letter said to return the the card with his name and the Pokémon he was using, though it didn’t say anything actually writing it on the card, or attaching anything else to it. The original letter would be ample proof to tip Marion off that something wasn’t right. Also, from a legal standpoint, having typed his name in the reply instead of signing it, he wasn’t legally bound to do this thing. For all he knew, this was all for some sort of deal with the dev-

He shook his head. Marion was going to think he was crazy. He searched around in his pockets for the right pokeball and released the Pokémon it contained. “Come on out Phi.”

The Abra materialized in front of him and gave a little stretch. “Hey Phi, I have a job for you.”

…yes?...

Alex held out the bundle of papers. “I want you to take these to Marion Ette. Take them directly to her, not to any of her Pokémon. You can Teleport there, right?” He was sure the little psychic type could, her home was a spiritual lighthouse.

…yes…

“Then go on then. If she’s not a home, track her down. I believe her own spirit is some sort of rust colour.” With a nod, Phi took the papers and blinked out of the room to a place hundreds of kilometers away. Alex gave a sigh and closed his eyes. If he was going to be this paranoid, he might as well go all out and have a back-up plan. He turned back to the computer and got back to the chat with his Porygon.

Ok, sent it off. I have something for you to do.
what is it?
Copy the letter into text and then save it.

done.

Thanks.

With that he opened up an e-mail to Marion and attached the picture of the letter, the text conversion of it and his reply. He typed his own message below the links.

Quote:
Hey Marion, are you ok with all of this? Are you even aware of this? Or am I worried over nothing?
Alex
He switched back to the chat with Glitch. The virtual Pokémon would make sure that the message got to where it was supposed to. While he was a little wary that Marion’s Rotom might give his own Pokémon some problems, he assured himself that the electric ghost was content on staying in its lawnmower.

I want you to escort this e-mail to Marion’s. Make sure nothing happens to it and that Marion reads it. If she sends a reply, escort it back. Make sure it isn’t deleted.
will do.

With that, Alex sent off the message. “Here goes everything,” he muttered. He yawned and leaned back in his chair. He knew that with him worrying about this situation, he would never get to sleep. With a sigh, he got back to the paper he was currently writing about TMs. “I am so going to regret this,” he groaned.

Last edited by gmoyes; 10-07-2013 at 10:31 AM.
gmoyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:37 AM   #8
Shadowshocker
used First Impression

A resounding clap tore through the dusk sky as rain poured relentlessly on the ground. Yet no raindrops lashed at the windows of the treehouse designated as Sector Shadow Headquarters - but considering that Shadow had it constructed atop a private cumulus in the Cloud Garden, this wasn't surprising. Nonetheless, the echo of thunder did make the bookkeeping processes difficult as the scientist operative tried his best to update the archives surrounding his team; a task he had repeatedly relegated until he'd somehow managed enough motivation to commence that evening.

In the months that had passed, Sector Shadow's ranks had swelled - though arguably not so much in their operations. Shadow didn't mind so much; being prepared and varied in approaching problems and encounters was one of the core fundamentals the team worked according to. There was no room for oversight or complacency; a couple of times, the scientist had come close to effectively losing one of his operatives in his adventures. One time too many as far as he was concerned. The solution, he reasoned, was subsequent optimisation of his team's skills and abilities, and how they would interact with each other to overcome obstacles they could not do so when alone. In itself, however, it remained a task that was far easier said than done. He coud only train the team so far, so frequently, and even then the opportunities for fieldwork remained few and far between.

Lifting his fingers from the keyboard, the ex-KND operative massaged his temples as he let out a sigh. It sounded cliché, but he wondered if age was finally starting to catch up to him - as it did to all agents of the child-helmed organisation. Was it seniority that prompted him to second-guess everything and doubt his every decision, or was it his experiences that had shaped him instead? As though echoing his inner turmoil another thunderclap rumbled through the cloud, but before Shadow could think any further he felt a tendril brush against his shoulder. He eased; it was common for younger Pokémon to be brontophobic, and he had a hunch he knew who had approached him.

"It's alright, Doldrum," he began to say, but stiffened instinctively as he turned back to face the Drifloon that nudged him. This specimen was calm, almost eerily so; lacking any of the trepidation that typically characterised Numbuh GS3. A mailbag dangled from its other string, small enough for it to carry without impediment, and from within the spectral balloon produced an envelope with Shadow's name neatly printed on it. Gingerly the scientist grasped the paper; it seemed harmless enough, and with a nod the strange Drifloon wordlessly floated out of an opened window.

Now that something else had caught Shadow's attention, he swivelled backwards so he was facing away from his computer terminal. A regal sigil sealed the envelope shut, marked by a symbol he didn't remember coming across - but at least he wasn't writhing in pain or foaming at the mouth, so the material hopefully wasn't cursed or poisoned. It didn't look anything like Kids Next Door material, so the chances of them locating Headquarters wasn't high either.

"..."

A familiar shimmer and distortion to Shadow's side indicated the arrival of his team captain and trustworthy ally. Grim was one of a few Pokémon, let alone those of his Gripper species, who knew the legendary forbidden technique of Shadow Force, granting him the power to move across the fabric of space and bypass normal traversion limits. Years of adventuring and journeying had given Trainer and Pokémon enough of a faint bond to know when either was agitated or focused if they were close enough. It was a sign that Shadow needed the counsel of his aide-de-camp.

"Grim, what do you make of this?" he asked, handing the Ghost-type the letter. Grim's singular crimson eye scanned the item like a futuristic laser, and in a matter of seconds he handed it back, as though having validated its contents. It was good enough for Shadow; if Grim found no reason to doubt the letter or its sender, he was willing to put his trust in it as well. Carefully he pulled the seal off, revealing the cursively scripted note inside.

It took several once-overs for Shadow to squint his way through the somewhat convoluted typography, and a few more for him to digest its contents. By proxy, it seemed that the Trainer known as Marion Ette had contacted several others for the chance of partnership with a female Gastly... or at least, that was the summary. Shadow had heard of Marion before, one of several Trainers affiliated with the Ghost-type, and in particular was renowned as an inquisitive individual herself. Unfortunately there were few other details to go on; Shadow lacked close acquaintanceship with her, and stories surrounding her trials and tribulations were often fanciful and exaggerated - spectral banishment, ghostly possession, bouts of insanity, experiencing and cheating death - the usual fare for anyone to be linked to the spirits, he'd guessed. By any account it was strange that she - or her Pokémon, anyway - would personally contact him at all, but Shadow reminded himself that his own reputation had been proven on multiple occasions to precede itself.

Handing the letter for Grim's own perusal, Shadow sank back into his frowning. The request appeared innocent enough. It hadn't been all that long ago since he embarked on a similar event to assign a Tynamo for another Trainer. Yet, when was anything involving Ghosts ever so simple? They had a knack for the complex, the soul-shattering, the overly dramatic - and Shadow had heard that Marion was pretty much the same. For that matter, Marion hadn't written the letter herself. Was she indisposed, incapable, or in trouble? Shadow's eyebrow twitched. Perhaps there was some truth in the rumours he'd heard that Marion had exorcised her own soul and spent months trapped in the limbo dimension.

"Noir." Shadow turned to meet Grim's gaze, as the latter held the letter in his ghostly gloved hands. There was no intense blaze of instinct or overwhelming sense of foreboding. At the very least, Bedivere's message and intent had passed Grim's inspection. The Dusknoir tilted his head expectantly; ultimately, he still deferred to his Trainer's decision. Shadow drummed his fingers together. Did the team need another Ghost? True enough, Grim was always around, and they did have Doldrum, but there was the possibility that Grim could be himself incapable of performing his tasks. It was a worst-case scenario, but Shadow could not avoid entertaining that thought. Neither was Doldrum always capable; research into Drifblim had not suggested any possibility of phasing or ethereality. That left Gastly as another possibility...

"Dusk."

"You know me too well, old friend," sighed Shadow, with a grin this time. Endless rationale was a way he often used for coping; Grim would usually nudge the true reason out one way or another. His interest had been piqued, and there was a very real chance that someone was in trouble. Why else would assistance have been requested? Now the decision fell as to who to accompany him. Bedivere had made it clear that experience would be of great import in the trials mentioned, and Shadow had no intention of risking the safety of the younger operatives. That left the senior teammates, but even then Shadow found it hard to find a right answer. Unpredictability was the forte of the ghost. Grim aside, who would negotiate the spiritual tasks and traps laid in their way? A low growl broke the thoughts of both Trainer and Pokémon, and Shadow turned to find its source.

"Oh, it's you, Cleo." Shadow greeted the quadruped Pokémon kindly; she responded with her usually dour countenance. There was much that Shadow did not know about her species, which hadn't originated from any documented location in the Pokémon world. But if nothing, it was a species that would stalwartly stand guard over their loved ones, and Cleo was no different. Preferring to let her eyes and actions perform the communication for her, it wasn't too much of a stretch to consider Cleo the team's dark horse - she was amongst the wisest and calmest of Sector Shadow, perhaps after Grim. While she couldn't claim the same amount of experience as the Dusknoir, Cleo made up for it in heart - in her own silent ways.

"Alright then. It's a mission, for the three of us." Shadow picked up pen and paper so he could begin drafting a reply, just before he paused. Did it make sense to refer to Marion, when she wasn't the one to initiate correspondence? Shadow shrugged this thought off; it was surely formality to address the Trainer who possessed the Gastly in question. In san serifed lettering he wrote his paragraph.

Quote:
To Marion Ette:
I hope this reply finds you well. Pertaining to the terms of your letter, my team and I accept your challenges. In addition to myself, Grim the Dusknoir (Numbuh Divide by Zero) and Cleo the Ankhal (Numbuh 2000 BC) will be participating. We anticipate your reply in best wishes.

Yours faithfully,
Shadow (Numbuh 37)
"You know what to do," Shadow beckoned to Grim as he sealed the note in an envelope of his own. As expected, the Dusknoir's palm was already extended, waiting for the note to pass on to its recipient. In a portal of shadow Grim faded away through his Shadow Force, leaving Cleo behind to quietly bow back into the dimmed parts of the complex.

Now all they could do was wait, and hope for the least worst to happen.

mfw no more mill rogue
Sector Sketch
Shadow's Datafile
The Ankhal Archive
Marc File #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by No one in particular
"Never blame yourself for things out of your control. That's a privilege reserved for everyone else."
Shadowshocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 11:40 AM   #9
Escalion
Getting married! :D

Send a message via Skype™ to Escalion
I'm still allowed to enter right?

It is late in the evening, almost midnight, when Rowan has called all his Pokémon together in the playroom of his Secret Base. Normally he would have done this in the living room, but this the only possible option now because Behemoth's size doesn't allow him to enter the living room and Rowan feels it might be good for all his team members to be there for this. Even Leviathan is present, swimming circles in his fish bowl.

Even though it is late at night, almost all of Rowan's Pokémon are wide awake. The only exceptions are Fae and Rose, the little Wurmple and Ralts were already sleeping when Rowan called for this meeting and they still feel more like sleeping than like listening, a feeling nicely illustrated by Rose who drags her pillow along with her in one hand and has the other in her mouth.
The reason for this midnight meeting is a rather fancy looking letter Rowan received from a long gone Drifloon. Rowan would probably never have noticed the Balloon Pokémon if it wasn't for Corvus honoring his "Night Crawler" persona. What that bird does in the night is still a complete mystery for Rowan, but he's glad the Honchcrow acted upon seeing the Drifloon and guided it towards a fast asleep Rowan and woke him up.

The fanciness of the letter immediately made Rowan wary, a letter that looks like that would normally only come from his family, possibly his grandparents, though Rowan instantly wondered why they would use a Drifloon as messenger instead of the normal postal services. But further inspection on the letter's exterior made Rowan even more wary. The text on the front was written by hand, and very carefully at that, using a beautiful front of writing. And the letter sports a blue, wax seal embedded with the monogram "BG" and crown on top of that.

Upon opening the letter however, Rowan's wariness quickly subdued. Having read the opening sentence he slowly started to see where the letter came from and even who it wrote. The name that popped up was that of Bedivere, a regal Frillish with excellent English skills. He remember hearing his speak of this Lady Marion Ette as his trainer when he came to visit with Coselle and the writing on the letter now really does seem to be too similar to that on Bedivere's business card he received. With that figured out Rowan read the rest of the letter and decided it was best to bring his whole team together, even including Behemoth, the Steelix who he usually keeps out of meetings due to the Iron Snake's lack of interest and the risk he poses towards the other, frailer members of his team.

And now Rowan is sitting on a stool in the middle of the playroom, reading the letter out loud to the his team.

"I sincerely hope that you will consider our invitation and help us provide the best possible home for our spectral companion. Best of luck to you in all your future endeavors, whatever they may be! Respectfully Yours, Bedivere." Rowan looks around after having finish reading the letter to his team, "So, we are invited to a test of skill in an opportunity to obtain a Gastly. Gastly is an interesting Pokémon, but of a typing I have no experience with. What do you think we should do? Should we enter and try to win this?" Having asked that his whole team, with the exception of Behemoth and Corvus, enthusiastically nod and say yes, or at least that is what Rowan assumes them to say.

"You all want to give it a go don't you? Well, than that's what we will do. But I am only allowed to bring two Pokémon with me, so since you all want me to go I want you guys and girls to decide who will come with me to participate."

The team immediately bursts into a heated discussion, literally, as Haykhong takes control by fiery force, blasting of a Heat Wave to get everyone silent so he can take the word.

"Only two of us are allowed to participate in this challenge of wits, courage and decision-making skills. So the real question we ought to ask ourselves is: Who will join me in this endeavor? As it is obvious I am the obvious choice to take one of these two spots. My leadership, war experience and practical skills far surpass anyone here if I may be so free to say so myself."

"I would like to join in too! I want to show what I can!" Leviathan jumps up from his bowl in excitement of the chance to show himself.

"And what about me? I'm sure I can pull my weight in these tasks and I just can't help being drawn towards challenges like this." Magnemite giggles softly at his own puns, something Haykhong is quick to point him at.

"The only thing you are good for is laughing at your own terrible jokes, puns and wordplays, if it wasn't for this Magikarp over here YOU would be the most useless Pokémon on this team! Once again it shows that I will have to do everything myself. I will go and Behemoth will go with me. A nicely balanced combination of brawn and brain and a perfect combination for these coming trials if I may say so myself. I will do most of the work in the thinking and Behemoth may do the dirty work and dispose of any threats to secure our victory."

Behemoth himself didn't really pay all that much attention to what everyone said, but he likes the thought of joining in. Any opportunity to fight is one that happily accepts and with that he roars out in approval of his inclusion on Haykhong's two-man team.

Rowan listens to what his Pokémon say, despite having no clue of what they are saying, but he does notice some Pokémon are left out of the conversation, or rather choose not to participate in it. Most noticeably his beloved starter Rose.

"Hey Rose," Rowan says softly, "Don't you want to give it a try? I'm sure I could use your psychic powers in these trials." But all Rose does is shake her head in quick succession, accompanied by a bright red color, and points in the direction of Haykhong.

"What do you want to say Rose? I should choose Haykhong? I can use two you know and I could really use your powers in this." Rowan tries to convince his Ralts to join him but once again she shakes her head accompanied by the same red color. A smile forms on Rowan's face. "It's okay," he says softly, "If you don't want you don't have to, but who else will go with me?" The young man looks around, but he no longer has to ask who else. His whole team took as step back as the Slugma and Steelix were pushed forward.

"So, Haykhong and Behemoth it is then. Let me write a quick reply to Lady Marion Ette and if you guys don't mind, I will go back to sleep afterwards and I advice you all to do the same now. Good night my friends."

And with that Rowan stands up from his stool, puts Leviathan back in his aquarium and takes the stairs to his bedroom and desk to write up the reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A reply to Bedivere
Dear Bedivere,

Thank you for sending me your invitation for the Gastly trials. You will be pleased to hear my team and I have chosen to participate and we will be looking forward to the start of the event. You will also be pleased to hear that your friend Haykhong has volunteered to enter with me as one of the two Pokémon I am allowed to bring with me. The other spot will be occupied by my Steelix Behemoth.

I hope this information is satisfactory, please forgive me if it is lacking, the hour of day on which I received your letter has not been kind on me unfortunately.

Yours sincerely,

Rowan Virote

OOC: I know this post is quite lacking despite it's lenght, please forgive me. I have been incredibly busy lately and won't be finished with that till the end of this week, but I really do want to join in this event even if it's just for the RP alone.

Last edited by Escalion; 10-08-2013 at 09:06 PM.
Escalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:40 PM   #10
EpicSquirtle
Adrift in a sea of dreams

Creak......... The sound of a door was heard as a teen walkied into an old hotel room with two bags full of food. The teen was known as Jake Eclair. Today he was wearing a red t-shirt and faded blue jeans. He had short, light brown hair that was covered with a cap with a bolt of electricity on it.

Jake flipped the light switch, casting a dim light in the room, before he walked into the small kitchen.
''Yay, your back!'' Sprout the Bellsprout exclaimed as she went over to her trainer and hugged his leg. ''Yes I'm back'' Jake smiled as he took a small carton of moo-moo milk and put it in the fridge.

''So what did you get?'' Sprout asked
''Canned peas, cereal, peanut butter, water bottles , canned Magikarp, some moo-moo milk and some cereal bars.'' Jake said as he put most of the items away.

''Well at least it's not any perishables, minus the milk.'' Sprout said.
''How was patrol duty?'' Jake asked as he opened up a box of cereal bars.
''Terrible, it was so boring, and it doesn't help how dusty this hotel room is.'' Sprout complained
''Yeah, I know it's not the best conditions, but it's all we have, you know we can't go back to our base now'' Jake replied as he passed one of the cereal bars to Sprout.
''So how did it go getting food, any trouble?'' Sprout asked.

''Nope, I don't think it's hit the news yet, but I can't be to sure.'' Jake replied.
''Well I need some sleeo, night!'' Sprout said as she trotted upstairs.

Jake smiled before putting the rest of the groceries away.

It was late into the night and Jake was watching the news. He wasn't really watching it because he wanted to, more so that he felt he had to, to make sure the story hadn't gotten out yet. However Jake wasn't paying attention anymore, infact he was fast asleep.

All the sudden, the slam of a door woke the teen immediately.
''What the hell was that?!'' Jake demanded.
No response came from whoever or whatever caused the door to slam.
''Oh no!'' Jake panicked
''What if they found me?!'' ''Dad's boss will surely turn me in, if not kill me!'' Jake thought.

Quickly, he grabbed the closest object next to him, a broken lamp.
Jake slowly walked towards the door, lamp in hand, feeling quite foolish and defenseless.
He flicked the light switch, and the dim lights filled the room, revealing a Driftloon
holding a small mailbag.

''A Driftloon!'' Jake thought, shocked.
Despite the fact that the Driftloon looked friendly enough, Jake didn't dare move, and waited to see what the Driftloon would do.

After a few seconds, the Driftloon floated over to him and handed him a letter, before giving a bow.

Jake looked at the letter that was given to him. On it was his name, Jake Eclair. It was written quite nicely, and the stationary was very fancy, but something about it was quite ominous.

Jake looked back up to see that the Driftloon was no longer present.
Jake was slightly spooked by the sudden disappearance of the balloon, but quickly looked back at the mysterious letter in his hands.
''Do I open it?'' Jake asked himself.
''And who even sent it, dad's boss?'' ''A bounty hunter?'' ''A police officer?''
Jake's head started to hurt from all of the endless possibilitys.

''Stop being such a baby and just open it!'' Jake thought as he broke open the blue seal.

Jake took a moment before he read the letter, his heart racing.

But as Jake started reading, he calmed down.
''Gastly Trials?'' ''Reminds me of the Tynamo Tryouts from a week ago!''
Jake thought remembering the Poffin eating contest in which Dusty came in 3rd.

''That was really fun, maybe I should enter this contest''
However Jake quickly shook his head at the thought.

''I can't go, the police are after me, I'll be turned in on the spot!''
Jake began pacing around the room.

''I really want to go to the trials, but how?'' Jake thought.
It was then that he remembered something.

''Oh yeah!'' ''The story hasn't gotten out yet, I can go!'' Jake exclaimed excitedly.
Of course, he was still going to have to be careful, incase any police officers were there, but he could go!

''What's with all the ruckus?'' A voice asked from the farthest bedroom
However before Jake could respond, the source of the voice floated downstairs, an Abra!
''Oh, Telpo it's nothing'' Jake replied, trying to shoo the psychic pokemon away.

''Is that a letter in your hands?'' Telpo asked.
''Um, yeah it's from Sophie'' Jake lied.
''I know your lying master, can you please give it to me?'' Telpo asked.
''Fine'' Jake grumbled as he handed the letter to Telpo.

Telpo briefly read over the letter.
''Your not thinking of going are you?'' Telpo asked.
''Noooooo'' Jake lied.
''Your not a very good liar'' Telpo replied
''I don't see what's wrong with going, the story hasn't gotten out yet'' Jake explained
''Doesn't mean you can just walk into an event, just because most people don't know, doesn't mean everyone doesn't know, it takes just one person!'' Telpo yelled.

''Fine, we'll just stay in this dusty hotel room until they find us'' Jake complained
''Master I'm just concerned, that's all'' Telpo explained.
''Still means you won't let me go'' Jake replied.
''How about this, if you agree to not be public about who you are, I'll agree to letting you go.''

''Fine'' Jake responded
''That also means that you be as quiet and unnoticable as possible at all times''
Telpo explained

''Alright, alright'' Jake replied
''Good, now who are you going to choose master?'' Telpo asked.

''That's a tough one, but I know a pokemon that can do the job, though she isn't the smartest, her burning spirit and determination will surely help, so for my first pokemon, I'll choose Sprout!'' Jake explained.

''And the second one?'' Telpo asked once again.

Now this was really hard for Jake.
''So many choices, almost all of my pokemon would be good, depending on the situation'' Jake thought. ''Hmm, Sparky, Pom, Bubbles, Telpo.......''
Jake started thinking about each of his pokemon.
Perhaps he should choose a pokemon he hadn't bonded with yet?

However it was then that a Magnemite zoomed into the room.
''I am Error, Error is happy, Error says morning, yahooo!''
The Magnemite said before zooming across the room.
''Hey Error I have a question for you'' Jake said.
''Question?'' ''Questions!!!!'' Error said excitedly before zooming over to Jake
''What is question?''

''I'm wondering if you would like to participate in a contest with me and Sprout?''
Jake asked.

''Error loves contests!'' ''Error loves 404!'' ''Contest 404 Error, contest!'' Error exclaimed before circling Jake.

''I never understood him'' Telpo said.

Jake then took a piece of paper from his notebook on the table, and grabbed a pen from his bag.

Quote:
Dear Marion and co,
I would be honored to partake in these trials, I will be entering my Bellsprout, Sprout and my Magnemite, Error, thanks again!

-Jake Eclair
''Alright, all done!'' Jake announced

''Um, Jake I think we have a problem'' Telpo said.
''What is it?'' Jake asked
''It doesn't say where or when the trials take place'' Telpo replied.
''Oh ya.....'' Jake said, his heart sunk.
''Well, I'll send this to Marion anyway, you never know'' Jake said.

''It's worth a shot'' Telpo replied.
''Alright, I'll get this to the post office, Error let's go!'' Jake called as he opened the door.
''Yay, post office! Error loves mail as well!'' Error said as he zoomed out the door and down the hall.

''Error, wait up!'' Jake called as he ran after the Magnemite.
''And with a slam of the door, Telpo was left in the living room, hoping for Jake's safe return.
EpicSquirtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:15 PM   #11
Acio29619
Thunder Badge

The mid-afternoon sun is shining brightly, there is not a cloud in the sky and a gentle breeze passes by every now and then. A perfect day to get things done or simply go out and have some fun. Along the middle of a barren and worn path leading to the next town walked a lone trainer. There was not much to his appearance, he wore a simple black shirt with blue jeans, a pack on his back, and wore a pair of old, battered red sneakers that he refuses to replace. While the road he walked on was not much to look at, the surrounding scenery was rather grand, at least to him it was. The road went right through a sea of trees, so there was plenty of color coming from the trees and assorted plants along with their flowers and fruits/berries to marvel at. Myrrh was hardly paying attention to the road ahead of him, opting instead to observe the environment that was at his sides, even catching glimpses of some Pokemon every now and then before they noticed him and retreated to the wilderness.

As he was turning his head to look at the opposite side again he noticed that something else was walking down the road towards him. As the figure got closer, Myrrh discovered that what he thought was walking was actually floating, and that the figure was actually a Drifloon who seemed to be carrying something. As they got closer to each other, Myrrh walked closer to the right side of the road so that the Pokemon would have ample room to pass through. Myrrh found himself getting slightly nervous however, when he noticed that the Drifloon also moved over to the same direction so that they both would eventually meet face to face. "That was creepy.....Nothing to worry about, it's just a Drifloon.", Myrrh thought to himself. He kept walking, but tried to avoid making eye contact with the floating Pokemon.

Myrrh decided to stop walking while they were still a bit away from each other to see what the Drifloon would do. The Pokemon continued to slowly approach and finally stopped right in front of Myrrh, it then started going through its bag. "Uh, hello there." Myrrh nervously began to say, his heart beating slightly fast from the anticipation. "Ah, so that's a little mailbag you have there.......you're not giving me a letter are you? I don't even know anyone in particular who might....." The Drifloon found what it was looking for and handed a letter over to Myrrh. He immediately noticed how fancy the envelope was and lauded every detail he noticed about it. "Wow, the design is so cool, and I wish I could write my name as neatly as this!" He noticed the blue insignia sealing the envelope. "BG? I really doubt this is from home...." Myrrh took great care opening the envelope, he never could stand to ruin anything that was wrapped really nicely. "Damn, the red text is cool, but it looks freaking scary." Myrrh stood there and quickly went over the letter and then read it again in case he missed an important detail.

"Okay, so I'm supposed to fill this out and.....Drifloon?" Myrrh was so interested in the envelope and letter that he never noticed the Drifloon had left him to deliver more letters. "Gah, I never thanked it for the delivery, oh well. Hm, a Gastly.....I should think about this." Myrrh walked away from the road and sat under a nearby tree. Remembering he was alone, Myrrh decided to talk to himself rather than go over things in his head. "The Gastly line isn't one of my absolute favorites, but it's still rather cool, plus an event like this sounds awfully fun, even if I never participated in some of the others I've heard about. But then again, would I even stand a chance? I haven't been super active with my Pokemon as of late, and besides, if the trials are anything like the scary text in the letter......No, this is a perfect opportunity for me. What better way to get back into things than by doing something like this? I won't grow as a trainer if I back out of every little thing that might seem too difficult. So now that this has been decided, all I need to do is decide who to depend on during the trials." In his mind, Myrrh quickly went through each Pokemon he has, making sure not to forget anyone. "Well, I've kinda been neglecting some of my teammates, but I'm not sure this would be the best time to start giving them some more use. No way I should take two who are really lacking experience, but at the very least I can pair up a rookie with someone more seasoned. Hm....I think I should definitely use Volts, he's hardly left out of things and so can help out my greener selection in many ways. Now who can pair him up with....wait.....aha, this will be perfect!" Myrrh scrambled to find a pen or pencil in his backpack to write out his reply with. Satisfied with what he wrote, he read his letter aloud to make sure everything was okay.

Dear Bedivere
Thank you for extending an invitation for your event out to me. I will gladly participate and look forward to doing so, for I feel it would be a good experience for me and my chosen partners. For this event I have decided to use the following Pokemon: Volts the Pachirisu and Renesmee the Oddish. Once again, thank you for the opportunity and am eager to begin.

Sincerily From
Myrrh

P.S. Please thank the delivery Drifloon for delivering my letter for me if possible. I didn't get a chance to do so myself.

"Grrr, no red squiggly line when writing letters, but I used a pen anyway. I should have went with my gut, I'm pretty sure it's "s-i-n-c-e-r-e-l-y". Oh well. Heh, my orange Pachirisu and Shiny Oddish, this should be fun, and Renesmee will get some much needed experience to boot. It's weird though, the letter didn't say where I should go or when, I guess after they get my reply they'll send me further instructions. Oh crap, I should probably hurry and send this." The sun was starting to set, so Myrrh gathered up all of his things and began running down the road to the next town. He had no idea when post offices close and so wanted to get there as soon as possible. Waiting one day surely wouldn't hurt, but for the first time in a while, Myrrh was excited about doing something, and so wanted to get things moving right away.
Acio29619 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out