• Lil'twick (Togetic): 300 HP
  • Sandaa (Lucario): 400 HP
  • Sneaze (Dusknoir): 300 HP
  • Zorchic (Lucario): 300 HP
  • Slash (Pignite): 300 HP
  • Median Dia (Alolan Marowak): 300 HP
  • TheKnightsFury (Infernape): 300 HP
  • Meetan (Combusken): 500 HP

A high pitch cry rings through the cavern as the towering Gigantamax Duraludon screeches down at its would be opponents.

As they prepare for the fight, the raiders notice that Dynamax energy is beginning to gather around Xander's wrists. This was going to be a monumental challenge, they had to be on their game for this fight.

Dynamax Initiative:
TheKnightsFury, Infernape
  • Trainers may only list 1 order per round. They are also permitted to using 1 item in lieu of an attack.
  • Dynamax Initiative will select a trainer at random. If a trainer has initiative, they may choose to Dynamax their Pokemon for a duration of 3 turns. Dynamaxed Pokemon may only select a Max Attack of a corresponding type from their registered moveset, or Max Guard in place of status moves.
  • If a hold item or ability’s effect is activated in the present round as a result of the previous round’s damage calculation or the present round’s orders, please state it clearly in your response.
  • If a trainer’s Pokemon is rendered unconscious, they may choose to cheer on their allies; opting to either remove one shield from the raid boss or healing one ally’s Pokemon by 50% of their max health.
  • Roleplaying your orders is optional, but $250 may be collected for responses of 250 words or greater, and Bond will accumulate only for the trainer’s active Pokemon in battle.
  • You have until Tuesday, April 7th to place your order.

Last edited by TheKnightsFury; 05-09-2020 at 11:55 PM.
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 08:12 PM   #2
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Let's start things off with a Focus Blast (120 BP)

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Sandaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 09:30 PM   #3
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

Lucario

Jake Celeste had a busy month; not long after he finally had some time to relax, he received a NeoKnight alarm for a Gigantamax raid. He had been there one time before, to fight a Dynamaxed Perrserker, and now this. A towering dragon of some sort. Lucario had volunteered to face this monstrosity, which Jake immediately agreed to.

"Alright, let's see what this huge Pokémon is," Jake said, pulling out his Pokédex.

Duraludon, the Alloy Pokémon. Gigantamax form. A Steel and Dragon-type. The hardness of its cells is exceptional, even among Steel types. It also has a body structure that's resistant to earthquakes.

"Huh, interesting," Jake muttered to himself. "I've only known one other Steel/Dragon-type, and that is the Temporal Pokémon. I wonder if this...Duraludon...is related."

Suddenly, the ground shook as the Gigantamax Duraludon let loose a loud screech. Jake and Lucario covered their ears, only to realize that one other raider had already started attacking! They had a Lucario, too, which let loose an orange ball of energy at the Raid Boss.

"Say, Lucario, what do you think about a Copycat?" Jake asked his battler. "I don't think you know a move like that."

Lucario shook his head. Focus Blast is comparatively inaccurate. I'm not one to try our luck in this situation. Besides, I'm pretty sure Copycat aims at a random target, and I don't want to worsen our position by accidentally hitting one of our teammates. What say I use an Aura Sphere instead?

"Aura Sphere!" Jake snapped his fingers. "Yeah, seems like a good idea to me. Go for it, Lucario! The two moves look pretty similar anyway."

Righty-o! Lucario put his hands forward, and a blue swirling orb of Fighting energy formed in front of them. With his special-attacking power, Lucario put one of his hands back, before thrusting it forward and releasing the unavoidable Aura Sphere at the Gigantamax Duraludon.

(OOC: We'll start with Aura Sphere (80 BP).)

Last edited by Zorchic; 04-05-2020 at 03:22 PM.
Zorchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 11:36 PM   #4
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

It was a miracle that the castle in the forest wasn't reduced to rubble by now. Apparently two other Dynamax pokemon had arisen while Amicae was focused elsewhere, and while they were felled regardless, it still seemed that the NeoKnights' stronghold should've taken more damage than it actually did. One certainly had to admire the sturdy construction.

The newest spire practically demanded a different sort of admiration. With a shrill, scraping screech that shredded the senses.

Compared to the surrounding structures, the latest threat to emerge from the Power Spot looked incredibly modern, it's sleek chrome frame accented with brilliant azure glass in addition to the sickening scarlet glow of Dynamax energy. Of course, there was more to the creature than just its towering skyscraper of a body- it's forelimbs protruded out to form vicious-looking edges that looked suspiciously like a rudimentary meat grinder. Clearly, this 'duradulon' thing would be able to get back at anyone who dared to call it antiquated or something.

Ami had scanned the enemy on the way to the battle ground (the thing really stuck out, okay?), and couldn't help but notice that the image the Pokedex displayed looked little like the enemy. "That's still pretty weird. Is it possible for Mega Evolved pokemon to Dynamax, or something?" That was certainly a troubling thought, especially now that she got to see the specimen up close.

"Well, that's enough standing around- it looks like it's starting to go on the attack." She sighed and scanned the courtyard. "It'd be nice if we could manage to reach it's face, but I don't think we'll be able to get a full 140 ft. into the air. In that case... Patel! Let's skirt around to its back and scorch it with a preliminary Will-o-Wisp (0 BP)!"

Tangled Feet- "Only I have the right to hit me!"
Median Dia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 12:15 PM   #5
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Let's get this bread! Starting off with an Aura Sphere (80 BP)!

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 02:42 PM   #6
Sneaze
Mrow?

Dynamic Punch (100 BP).

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 09:34 PM   #7
Slash
Silver LO

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
Submission (80 BP + held Black Belt)
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 03:52 PM   #8
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

close combat (120bp)

Old 04-06-2020, 05:58 PM   #9
Meetan
Soul Badge

Sky Uppercut! (85 BP!)
Old 04-06-2020, 06:42 PM   #10
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Gigantamax Raid Boss Duraludon
★★★★★
Health Gauge: 77%
Shields Up: 0

Raid Boss Attack Summary:

Attack 1: Max Depletion (140 BP)
Median Dia, Alolan Marowak: 90 HP (Will O Wisp is locked for 1 round)
Attack 2: Flash Cannon (80 BP)
Sandaa, Lucario: 310 HP
Attack 3: Duraludon is confused. It hurt itself in confusion!

Raid Challengers:
  • Sandaa (Lucario): 310 HP
  • Slash (Pignite): 246 HP
  • Median Dia (Alolan Marowak): 90 HP
  • TheKnightsFury (Infernape): 500 HP (-1 Def, -1 Sp.Def)
  • Meetan (Combusken): 500 HP

The raiders launch their first assault on the tower, most going on the offensive. Marowak inflicts a burn to try and blunt the Gigantamax's attack, while confusion from a Dynamic Punch could also prove rather useful.

Battling through the confusion, Duraludon gives a raider the first taste of its signature Max Move, dealing a vengeful blow to Marowak for burning it. A Flash Cannon follows, devastating one of the Lucario but thankfully he resists the blow. The Boss prepares to attack with a powerful sweep of its tail, but confusion results in it striking itself instead!

Dynamax Initiative:
Sandaa, Lucario
  • Trainers may only list 1 order per round. They are also permitted to using 1 item in lieu of an attack.
  • Dynamax Initiative will select a trainer at random. If a trainer has initiative, they may choose to Dynamax their Pokemon for a duration of 3 turns. Dynamaxed Pokemon may only select a Max Attack of a corresponding type from their registered moveset, or Max Guard in place of status moves.
  • If a hold item or ability’s effect is activated in the present round as a result of the previous round’s damage calculation or the present round’s orders, please state it clearly in your response.
  • If a trainer’s Pokemon is rendered unconscious, they may choose to cheer on their allies; opting to either remove one shield from the raid boss or healing one ally’s Pokemon by 50% of their max health.
  • Roleplaying your orders is optional, but $250 may be collected for responses of 250 words or greater, and Bond will accumulate only for the trainer’s active Pokemon in battle.
  • You have until Thursday, April 9th to place your order.

Last edited by TheKnightsFury; 04-07-2020 at 02:58 AM.
Old 04-06-2020, 06:46 PM   #11
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Fire Spin (35 BP)

Old 04-06-2020, 06:53 PM   #12
Slash
Silver LO

Let's again do Submission (80 BP + held Black Belt)
Old 04-06-2020, 07:15 PM   #13
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

Lucario

Jake grinned as everyone hit the Gigantamax Boss Duraludon with powerful moves. Most of them Jake could tell were Fighting-type, a type super effective against Duraludon's Steel typing. Two of the moves were especially notable; an Alolan Marowak released a Will-O-Wisp that burned the Raid Boss, while a Dusknoir used Dynamic Punch to confuse the Alloy Pokémon. Things were definitely going well; at this rate, the Gigantamax Boss's first layer of shields would be going up in no time!

However, Jake's grin wavered as Duraludon let loose a blast of its G-Max Move, G-Max Depletion. "Oh no," Jake realized as the attack hit Marowak, who was thankfully able to withstand the destructive move. "G-Max Depletion, true to its name, takes away the energy needed to use Will-O-Wisp for one turn for that Alolan Marowak! Lucario, we'd better attack, even if we'll only bust a shield."

Lucario nodded. Good thing that confusion came in handy, he stated. We were able to avoid some trouble. Ouch—that other Lucario looked like it took a sizable hit back there.

"Doesn't seem like too much," Jake replied. "I've seen you take harder hits than Flash Cannon. Anyway, let's get into action! Even if it only hits a shield, we gotta give it our all! Give that Duraludon another hit of your Aura Sphere!"

On it! Lucario grunted as he prepared another burst of the attack. He brought back his right hand, and a blue sphere of aura formed in front of it. To fire the attack, the Fighting and Steel-type thrust his hand forward. The move burst as it made a dent in the Raid Boss's armor—or was that a shield?

(OOC: Lucario uses Aura Sphere (80 BP).)

Last edited by Zorchic; 04-06-2020 at 09:25 PM.
Old 04-06-2020, 08:32 PM   #14
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Since this will probably hit a shield, let's try and get an Ancient Power boost!

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 10:15 PM   #15
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

Welp, time to ping some shields, I guess. Bonemerang (50 BP)!

Old 04-07-2020, 02:53 AM   #16
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Gary was still in shock at the scale of this monstrous, sentient skyscraper. Natsu among the other Pokemon had done their best to batter the living building right off the bat, and yet it didn’t feel like they hardly made a dent. The Gigantamax Duraludon then began to move and return the favor onto the trainers and their Pokemon. Natsu was one of the unfortunate few to be hit by an attack, but at least the Lucario was able to resist a good amount of the metallic damage of the Flash Cannon.

“You got this,” Gary called out to Natsu as the Lucario got back onto his feet. As he did so, the Dynamax Band around Gary’s wrist began to glow and pulse with energy. “Is this what I think it means? What do you say, Natsu? Are you ready for a ride?” The Lucario looked back at his trainer and promptly nodded with his usual stoic expression. However, Gary could tell there was a glimmer of excitement in his eye, which caused a grin to form on the trainer’s face. “Alright then, let’s do this!”

Gary held out the Lucario’s Luxury Ball and recalled him. As he did so, energy from the Dynamax Band poured into the ball, causing it to ripple and grow. As the ball continued to increase in size, Gary held it behind his head like he was playing soccer and about to throw it in bounds. Fortunately, his athletic experiences from his formative years stuck with him and he hoisted the ball forward towards the Duraludon. “Look out below!” he called out as the ball burst open revealing the Lucario once more who was rapidly growing in height at a rate that could only be measured by stories rather than feet or meters. With a literal draconic building right before them, Natsu had the perfect measuring stick as he topped out at a height that nearly matched the Gigantamax Boss. Natsu let out a howling bark and struck a fighting stance as he prepared to go head to head with the Duraludon.

“Damn,” was all Gary could muster as he gazed up at his Pokemon in awe. There was no time to waste, however, and Gary sifted through his limited knowledge of Dynamax attacks while the Gigantamax Boss was showing signs that it would be creating shields soon. “You’ve got this, Natsu! Hit that thing as hard as you can with a Meteor Mash-boosted Max Steelspike (130 BP)! Maybe we can take out a few of its shields in the process!”

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 04-08-2020, 12:43 AM   #17
Sneaze
Mrow?

A Focus Blast (120 BP) will do nicely.

Old 04-08-2020, 02:36 PM   #18
Meetan
Soul Badge

Time for a Sky Uppercut attack at 85 BP!
Old 04-08-2020, 06:35 PM   #19
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Gigantamax Raid Boss Duraludon
★★★★★
Health Gauge: 70%
Shields Up: 2

Raid Boss Attack Summary:

Attack 1: Duraludon is confused. It hurt itself in confusion!

Attack 2: Stomping Tantrum (150 BP)
Slash, Pignite: 10 HP
Attack 3: Breaking Swipe (60 BP)
Sandaa, Lucario: 456 HP
Median Dia, Alolan Marowak: 18 HP
TheKnightsFury, Infernape: 419 HP
Meetan, Combusken: 428 HP

Raid Challengers:
  • Sandaa (Lucario): 456 HP (-1 Atk, Dynamaxed- 2 turns remaining)
  • Slash (Pignite): 10 HP
  • Median Dia (Alolan Marowak): 18 HP (-1 Atk)
  • TheKnightsFury (Infernape): 419 HP (-1 Def, -1 Sp.Def, -1 Atk)
  • Meetan (Combusken): 428 HP (-1 Atk)

As the Dynamax energy flows from Xander to Gary, the veteran trainer harnesses the energy and uses it to Dynamax his Lucario! The Steel type grows to stand against its fellow Steel type, although even when Dynamaxed, Lucario isn't even close to the height of the G Max Duraludon. A Fire Spin traps the tower, while another attack forces the Boss to throw up shields. Attacks smashes through the shields, including a Max Steelspike from Lucario!

Duraludon prepares to fight back but finds himself misfiring, blowing his own Dynamax attack due to confusion! The attack seems to knock the confusion out of him though and he starts to rage with a powered up Stomping Tantrum! Things don't look great for Pignite as he is crushed by Duraludon, but somehow manages to cling to consciousness?! A Breaking Swipe follows, striking a number of the raiders, dropping their attack and leaving Marowak hanging on as well!

Dynamax Initiative:
Sandaa, Lucario
  • You have until Saturday, April 11th to place your order.

Old 04-08-2020, 06:43 PM   #20
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Natsu, use a Focus Blast boosted Max Knuckle (95 BP)!

~Fizzle Bubble~
FO:
NFC:
Old 04-08-2020, 06:46 PM   #21
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Shields down, going to heal up with a Drain Punch (75BP), boosted by Iron Fist

Old 04-08-2020, 06:56 PM   #22
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

Lucario

"Whoa," Jake breathed, as the other Lucario Dynamaxed and towered over everyone, not quite matching the Gigantamax Duraludon in size. Too bad we couldn't Dynamax, the Trainer thought to himself. Why wouldn't the Dynamax Energy ever go to Jake? He was capable enough, did the "decider of fate (whoever that was)" not see that in him? Jake thought about this as the Dynamaxed Lucario struck the Raid Boss with a Max Steelspike, breaking some shields that the Raid Boss Pokémon had hastily thrown up. The others attacked as well, pummeling the Steel/Dragon-type with super effective moves.

After the raiders launched their attacks, Duraludon fought back...or at least tried to. Its first attempt at attacking resulted in it hurting itself in confusion! Jake remembered that Dynamic Punch disorienting the Alloy Pokémon a bit. But, the attack seemed to snap it back, and it threw a Stomping Tantrum at Pignite, which the Fire and Fighting-type only barely managed to survive. Then, the Gigantamax Boss used Breaking Swipe, hurting some of the raiding Pokémon and lowering their Attack. Things weren't looking so good...

The Aura Guardian turned his attention to his own Lucario. "So...we still got two shields to break. Scratch that—the other Lucario broke those. Yes, we got an opening now!" Jake told his Lucario.

Looks like we'll have to keep going on the attack, Lucario agreed.

"Since we don't have much choice, let's keep throwing out Aura Spheres!" Jake commanded. "Don't let up just yet!"

Let's do it! Lucario grunted as he formed a blue energy sphere between his hands and thrust it at the building-like Pokémon. It burst against the Duraludon's armor, for real this time.

(OOC: Lucario attacks with Aura Sphere (80 BP), since I don't think we get the Attack boost(?).)

Last edited by Zorchic; 04-10-2020 at 10:42 AM. Reason: Adding RP
Old 04-08-2020, 07:01 PM   #23
Slash
Silver LO

I guess smack down with Arm Thrust (2-5 hits of 15 BP, boosted by Blackbelt)
Old 04-08-2020, 09:24 PM   #24
Sneaze
Mrow?

Another Dynamic Punch (100 BP).

Old 04-09-2020, 03:26 AM   #25
Median Dia
Thankful For The Results

"H-huh? Why'd it target us?"

While the important part of the original plan worked out swimmingly, the towering monster proved to be a bit bad at immediate threat assessment and immediately turned to blast Patel with the strongest-looking attack Amicae had ever seen. And calling it that was certainly saying something, considering that she had witnessed the blend of two Pledge attacks, stood strong against another Dynamaxed pokemon, and used Z-Moves in her own battles! Patel was able to hold his ground against it, but was obviously a bit worse for wear regardless.

"Ugh, alright then, let's give it a reason to think that we're an issue!" Ami declared, once her concern gave way to agitation. "Patel, let's hit 'em with a Fire Spi-" she cut herself off as a twister of flame began to surround the colossus, conjured up by the allied infernape. "Well, no point in letting momentum go to waste. Throw the bone!"

The marowak's whirling projectile flew right into a sudden energy field, the two-hit attack only stripping away a single one of the newly spawned shields. The bone then clattered on the ground some distance away, simply having lost all power on impact- certainly not a good sign for things to come. Getting to it was going to leave Patel vulnerable, and he wasn't in any shape for that! But without it, he'd be limited in what he could do...

And that's when the good news came. The duradulon had a momentary lapse of focus while charging up its next devastating Max Move, causing the already-gathered energy to erupt tremendously in its face and cause it to stagger backwards a bit. But that's when it showed that Patel wasn't the only one who could channel momentum into another technique by stomping full-force on a poor pignite as it rocked back forward, and swept its tail across the battlefield and throwing several of its foes across the battlefield- including tossing Patel even further away from his bone!

At this point, the Ghost Type was battered near the point of collapse and weaponless, but was still willing to put up more of fight before going down. The situation was perilous, but there's was still something they could do to really deal some actual harm. "Okay, Patel, let's give 'em one last surprise and cast a Hex (65 BP) on 'em!"

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Gym League