UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2017, 06:32 PM   #1
myahoo
Cascade Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 511
Carried Over Cortoza

Okay, so this thread's going to be for anyone I was previously updating at Cortoza, who wants to finish up their adventure. Currently, I've got confirmation from MM, EAI, GS, Tate, and kawaii, but if I've updated you at any point while I was updating Cortoza, I'm probably willing to finish up your adventure.

I don't care what font size or color you use, but please continue to quote your replies and try to hit a minimum of 200 words. A link to your member's post, either in the reply itself or in your signature, would be much appreciated.

Update will follow shortly.
myahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 06:35 PM   #2
myahoo
Cascade Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 511
Cortoza Updates - Set Fifteen

Missingno. Master: Buoyed by your encouragement, Sunfire pushes on, stretching her strides as far as possible to eat up the distance to the village. You and Ieni end up inching past the other rider as you race up to First Place, each stride bringing the two of you slowly closer to the lead. The village is fast approaching and Sunfire barely manages to eke out a few more centimeters on Ieni when something odd happens.

Sunfire tenses, her head pulling back and pausing mid-step as you catch Ieni and his mount stumble out of the corner of your eye. There’s a brief moment when you can feel her preparing to bolt, her head reflexively turning to the right before she catches herself and aims straight for the village. Ieni’s Ponyta seems to have recovered quickly, you notice when you glance back to check on him, but Ieni is frowning now and looking back at the volcano. One of the other riders is fighting to get her Ponyta back on the trail, while the other has managed to bring his Ponyta to a quivering halt.

It doesn’t take long before you cross the makeshift finish line, but the end of this race isn’t as celebratory as the last. A few of the nearest teens congratulate the riders as they come in, but most of the others are talking in low voices and glancing at the volcano, in the direction their chief is, or towards the temple. You dismount, figuring you could ask someone what’s going on and that you’d need to get off Sunfire anyway, but the muscles on your inner thighs immediately protest the changed position. Ieni barks out a laugh as he swings off his own Ponyta, grinning at the face you probably pulled when you finally noticed those muscles.

He tells you not to worry. The soreness goes away after a while, but you’ll probably walk funny until then. He tilts his head back to look at the sky for a moment and then gestures for you to follow him, almost determinedly ignoring the whispering going on around you. C’mon, the feast should be starting soon, he says, and the guest of honor can’t be late.

What will you do?

(Declared: Tentacruel, Meowth)




~!~



kawaiiconcept: With your Pawniard and Ledyba alongside you, you make your way along the scenic walk, enjoying the noonday sun and the cool ocean breeze. Your Pokémon get into a momentary argument that gets resolved quickly and you leave it behind. On your right, the cliff falls away and leaves the ocean spread out beneath you, sparkling in the sunlight.

Not much happens for a while, the path winding this way and that, gently curving around the side of the volcano. Birds twitter and flutter overhead as you walk past several trees, leaving you with glimpses of Pidgey, Taillow, and Fletchling. Just as you’re passing the last of the trees, though, the sound of something stumbling becomes audible. Katrina immediately leaps to place herself between you and the source of the noise, while Little Miss hovers behind you.

Several long moments pass as the source of the noise approaches, occasionally pausing or making even more noise, before something reddish-gold stumbles out of the brush and halts, wavering on its feet. Beat up and bruised, the Pokémon is clearly a young shiny Vulpix, its tail only split into three instead of the usual six. The Vulpix blinks at you in surprise before stubbornly bracing itself and baring its teeth at you. An exhausted snarl follows and its eyes flicker up the path, the sun glinting off something metal at its throat.

What will you do?

(Declared: Pawniard, Ledyba)




~!~



134: You hike up the trail leading to Pele’s Shrine, chatting away at your Vullaby about your current thoughts. Pouli keeps nearby, but investigates each and every thing that catches her attention. The late morning sun shines brightly down upon the three of you, not yet hot enough to burn. The trail soon levels out, splitting into two paths. One leads further on and up, following the curve of the volcano, but the other turns inward before disappearing around a corner. The latter supposedly leads to the shrine, so that’s the one you take as Pouli bounds along beside you.

It doesn’t take long for you to reach the old shrine, the area opening up the moment you turn the corner. It looks like it might have been an old caldera that’s collapsed in on itself, centuries or millennia ago, but there’s no lake or pond like you might expect. Instead, the ground is packed earth and level. On one side, a set of stairs is carved into the side of the caldera, leading the way to a platform where a stone altar sits high above the ground. Unlit torches ring the platform and line the staircase, their tips charred as though they were only extinguished the night before.

You spend several minutes looking around before you notice that this area is oddly quiet. The typical wildlife noises that had been so prevalent on your hike up here are gone, though that could just as easily be because there isn’t really much here to support them as anything else.

Pouli pauses in her investigations, tilting her head and turning to stare at the altar. In your arms, Kauka turns to look at the altar as well, blinking and tilting her head curiously. A moment later, Pouli barks at you and runs towards the altar, circling back around to bark at you again when she notices that you haven’t moved. Kauka flaps her wings and complains at you, urging you to follow Pouli. Seems like something’s caught their attention and they want you to investigate.

Are you going to indulge their curiosity?

(Declared: Houndour, Vullaby)




~!~



Dark Searchman: You take advantage of the vandal’s distraction to peek around the corner and register a Houndoom and Magcargo in your Pokedex. Looks like that’s what you’ll be up against next, but Zatch doesn’t seem like the right one for the job. You swap him out for Vi and Rengar, the former of whom grimaces at the rain and then scolds you for being impolite. You immediately apologize to Solaris, who grudgingly accepts but continues to sulk under his overhang. Seems he really doesn’t like the rain and is planning to hide there until it stops.

In the meantime, at the mention of a battle, your two Pokémon look around the corner and simply step into view, leaving you to scramble after them. You immediately spot the Houndoom eyeing your trio warily as presumably the Magcargo tosses more earth out of a hole in the mountainside. A young man huddling in his trench coat turns to look at you with a scowl.

“Wow, rude, man. You the one who dropped all this rain on us?” He blinks and then wipes irritably at his face. “What’re you gonna do, run us off? It’s all rocks and dirt and shit up here; we aren’t hurting anything.” He taps his foot a few times and then pulls out something from his pocket, stepping up to draw even with his Houndoom. “So, how much are you getting paid to make us leave? An evolutionary stone? A couple of hold items? Some cash? Whatever it is, I can easily double it. Just name your price.”

He waits expectantly for you to speak, clearly confident that you’ll cave and leave him alone to continue his Art. He certainly doesn’t look like he’s bluffing, but he could just have a decent poker face. If what he says is true, though, it sounds like he might be some rich kid and there could be…repercussions to kicking him out of his ‘canvas’.

What will you do?

(Declared: Seviper, Druddigon, Eelektrik, Blaziken, Zangoose)




~!~



Ex-Admiral Insane: Despite mentions of a disappearance piquing your interest, your sights are still set further up the volcano. Still, it wouldn’t hurt to learn more about the situation. You purposefully skirt around the small group, doing your best to look interested in the altar itself, but it’s not entirely necessary. Most of the people in the group are trying to reassure and calm the woman down, while the others look tired, a few even fighting off yawns.

“Ma’am. We’ve already searched the entire area. No one has seen a person matching your friend’s description recently.” The local sounds like he’s repeating himself for the fifth or tenth time.

“I heard you the first five times,” she snaps back, looking ready to tear her hair out. “And I’ve told you that I saw him come this way!” She gestures sharply at the altar. “He wouldn’t shut up about the stupid altar for the last three days and then I wake up to find him sneaking out of the room we’ve been renting for our trip. I followed him here, waited behind that curve, since this entire area’s flat, and when I turned the corner, he’d vanished. My Kirlia’s convinced he’s around here somewhere, so that means he’s around here somewhere. We just have to find him.”

A couple of the locals closer to you mutter between themselves as the woman relates her story.

“Three days ago? Wasn’t that the full moon?” one says.

“Yeah. Why do you think I’m not expecting to find this guy?” the one next to her replies.

“It does sound like he fell under the full moon’s curse.”

You don’t catch much more of their conversation as you begin climbing the steps, though the woman’s insistence that her friend has to be nearby follows you all the way up to the altar. As you take the last step, your vision wavers for a moment, day turning to night. A priest of some sort, with a feathered headdress and some kind of metallic necklace, gestures imperiously in your direction and you find your gaze drawn to the stone altar, glowing white in places under the moonlight. You blink and sunlight blazes down on you and the clean stone altar as the familiar sounds of your young Dragons reaches your ears.

You turn around and watch as Rags herds the three youngsters your way, your Pokémon accidentally plowing straight through the people at the base of the stairs. You see the woman finally notice you at the top of the stairs; she glances at the locals and narrows her eyes before following after your Pokémon. It doesn’t take long for everyone to arrive where you are and the platform is beginning to feel a little cramped. Clearly, this space wasn’t meant for this many individuals, which means it doesn’t take long for something else to happen.

The woman is just making her way towards you, looking intent on talking to you, when you spot one of your dragons tumble into another, roll into the back wall, and vanish.

What will you do?

(Declared: Gallade, Wailord, Gible, Axew, Bagon)




~!~



Monster Guy: Cortoza hadn’t exactly been this hot when you started your trek towards the Ignatius River earlier in the day, but it certainly was now. With the sun beating down on you and the much lower humidity, it was like standing in front of an open oven. Even taking off your tank top hadn’t helped all that much, though that may be because you’re actually walking somewhere. At least your Munna isn’t tired out, floating along as she was while you tire yourself out on the trail. It doesn’t take much longer before you spot the river, thankfully, and the two of you hurry down to the water, splashing some over yourselves in an effort to cool down. It works, the water taking most of the heat of your walk away, and, now that you’ve cooled down some, you take a moment to look around.

You clearly aren’t the only people to make this your destination. You spot a pair of photographers upstream taking pictures of the landscape, and a trio of teenagers on the opposite bank, eating sandwiches and skipping rocks. Downstream, there’s a family of four splashing around in the river and another trainer taking a nap on the bank with an Umbreon curled up next to them. The sound of bird calls above you attracts your attention and you spot a Skarmory circling above your heads, the sun glinting off its feathers. It wheels around and heads inland, flapping hard, and leaves you feeling a bit…uneasy.

Several minutes later, shouting from somewhere upstream has people turning to see what’s happening, several of whom decide to go investigate. The family rounds up their children and retreats to dry land, both parents looking upstream with worry, while the teenagers and the other trainer immediately make their way towards the shouting. The photographers shift their weight and exchange glances, before beginning to pack their stuff away.

You’re just trying to decide whether to go investigate yourself when something in the river catches your eye. Something brown and lumpy is drifting down the river and no one else seems to have spotted it. Or, at least, no one seems to have decided that it’s anything worth investigating, as one of the photographer’s brief glance at it seems to indicate. The yelling upstream has only gotten louder, which is briefly broken by a thump and followed by louder yelling.

What will you do?

(Declared: Munna)

Last edited by myahoo; 04-29-2017 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Added Mon's update, jic
myahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 08:23 PM   #3
Missingno. Master
Poison-type Trainer
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 4,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by myahoo View Post
Missingno. Master: Buoyed by your encouragement, Sunfire pushes on, stretching her strides as far as possible to eat up the distance to the village. You and Ieni end up inching past the other rider as you race up to First Place, each stride bringing the two of you slowly closer to the lead. The village is fast approaching and Sunfire barely manages to eke out a few more centimeters on Ieni when something odd happens.

Sunfire tenses, her head pulling back and pausing mid-step as you catch Ieni and his mount stumble out of the corner of your eye. There’s a brief moment when you can feel her preparing to bolt, her head reflexively turning to the right before she catches herself and aims straight for the village. Ieni’s Ponyta seems to have recovered quickly, you notice when you glance back to check on him, but Ieni is frowning now and looking back at the volcano. One of the other riders is fighting to get her Ponyta back on the trail, while the other has managed to bring his Ponyta to a quivering halt.

It doesn’t take long before you cross the makeshift finish line, but the end of this race isn’t as celebratory as the last. A few of the nearest teens congratulate the riders as they come in, but most of the others are talking in low voices and glancing at the volcano, in the direction their chief is, or towards the temple. You dismount, figuring you could ask someone what’s going on and that you’d need to get off Sunfire anyway, but the muscles on your inner thighs immediately protest the changed position. Ieni barks out a laugh as he swings off his own Ponyta, grinning at the face you probably pulled when you finally noticed those muscles.

He tells you not to worry. The soreness goes away after a while, but you’ll probably walk funny until then. He tilts his head back to look at the sky for a moment and then gestures for you to follow him, almost determinedly ignoring the whispering going on around you. C’mon, the feast should be starting soon, he says, and the guest of honor can’t be late.

What will you do?

(Declared: Tentacruel, Meowth)
They were almost there! The finish line was within reach! And it was more within reach for Keith than for Ieni, for he'd just passed him! They were in first place... and then Sunfire tensed up. "What the-" Keith murmured as the Ponyta paused briefly. At the same time, he saw Ieni's Ponyta stumble out of the corner of his eye. For a moment, Sunfire seemed ready to bolt, glancing to the right, but she caught herself and instead took off towards the village again. Keith glanced back to see if Ieni was alright, and he was indeed, but now he was frowning and looking back at the volcano. Moreover, some of the other riders were having trouble with their Ponyta.

"Wat just happened?" Meowth asked Keith as they crossed the finish line.

"I have no idea," Keith shrugged. "But I got the feeling Sunfire was about ready to run for it for a moment there, and I feel like she's not the only one... Well, we'll just ask around, then- Ho, boy!" Keith exclaimed, for at that moment, his inner thighs seemed to take issue with his decision to dismount Sunfire.

Keith then heard Ieni laugh, before speaking up. "He says not ta worry- da soreness goes away after a while, though yer probably gonna walk pretty funny until den," Meowth translated, trying not to laugh in the process, having also seen Keith's face.

Keith, however, couldn't help but chuckle. "Well, I can live with that," he said. Ieni was then gesturing for him to follow. "I'm guessing-" Keith began.

"-dat da feast is gonna start soon? Yeah," Meowth nodded.

"Right," Keith nodded back. He first turned to the Ponyta he'd just dismounted. "Thanks, Sunfire," he said to the Fire-type with an appreciative smile. "You were great." As they made to follow Ieni, Keith spoke up again. "Meowth, ask Ieni what the heck happened back there," he said. "Something seemed to freak out every Ponyta just then, and judging by all the whispering going on, I'm guessing someone must have at least some idea what happened." Meowth nodded and conveyed Keith's question to Ieni.
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 01:16 AM   #4
kawaiiconcept
Soul Badge
 
kawaiiconcept's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: in heaven
Posts: 1,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by myahoo View Post
[color=red][size=1][b]
kawaiiconcept: With your Pawniard and Ledyba alongside you, you make your way along the scenic walk, enjoying the noonday sun and the cool ocean breeze. Your Pokémon get into a momentary argument that gets resolved quickly and you leave it behind. On your right, the cliff falls away and leaves the ocean spread out beneath you, sparkling in the sunlight.

Not much happens for a while, the path winding this way and that, gently curving around the side of the volcano. Birds twitter and flutter overhead as you walk past several trees, leaving you with glimpses of Pidgey, Taillow, and Fletchling. Just as you’re passing the last of the trees, though, the sound of something stumbling becomes audible. Katrina immediately leaps to place herself between you and the source of the noise, while Little Miss hovers behind you.

Several long moments pass as the source of the noise approaches, occasionally pausing or making even more noise, before something reddish-gold stumbles out of the brush and halts, wavering on its feet. Beat up and bruised, the Pokémon is clearly a young shiny Vulpix, its tail only split into three instead of the usual six. The Vulpix blinks at you in surprise before stubbornly bracing itself and baring its teeth at you. An exhausted snarl follows and its eyes flicker up the path, the sun glinting off something metal at its throat.

What will you do?
(Declared: Pawniard, Ledyba)

Kawaii almost squealed aloud, she loved vulpix, this one seemed younger than any she had seen. That didn't bother her much. The pink-haired trainer scowled at her Pawniard "Katrina no! Can't you see the poor thing is scared." the female scolded, pushing the steel type on the shoulder. Katrina looked wary but backed off watching the fire-type just in case.
Kawaii nodded at her pokemon and knelt down holding out her hand to show the fox pokemon she ment well.
"Easy there, I won't hurt you. Are you lost or hurt?" Kawaii murmured. She wasn't really expecting a response.
Little Miss peered over her trainer's shoulder and saw it was only a Vulpix. A Vulpix that looked scared and maybe even hurt. The Ledyba smiled at the idea of helping a wild pokemon. She flew over to hover by Katrina, in order to study the fire-type a bit better.
__________________
FIZZY BUBBLES INFO IS NOW ON UPN
HERE

Thanks to my best friend Missingno Master for the banner
óÓŇň furry, witch, and pansexual.
IM SORRY MY RPS ARE SO SHORT
For my baby :
"And we all say,
Oh well I never
was there ever
A cat so clever
As magical Mr. Mistofolese"
R.I.P. buddy, I miss you.

Last edited by kawaiiconcept; 04-29-2017 at 01:22 AM.
kawaiiconcept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 08:19 PM   #5
134
Shalala kiss the girl
 
134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: The Roman Empire
Posts: 716
Quote:
Originally Posted by myahoo View Post
134: You hike up the trail leading to Pele’s Shrine, chatting away at your Vullaby about your current thoughts. Pouli keeps nearby, but investigates each and every thing that catches her attention. The late morning sun shines brightly down upon the three of you, not yet hot enough to burn. The trail soon levels out, splitting into two paths. One leads further on and up, following the curve of the volcano, but the other turns inward before disappearing around a corner. The latter supposedly leads to the shrine, so that’s the one you take as Pouli bounds along beside you.

It doesn’t take long for you to reach the old shrine, the area opening up the moment you turn the corner. It looks like it might have been an old caldera that’s collapsed in on itself, centuries or millennia ago, but there’s no lake or pond like you might expect. Instead, the ground is packed earth and level. On one side, a set of stairs is carved into the side of the caldera, leading the way to a platform where a stone altar sits high above the ground. Unlit torches ring the platform and line the staircase, their tips charred as though they were only extinguished the night before.

You spend several minutes looking around before you notice that this area is oddly quiet. The typical wildlife noises that had been so prevalent on your hike up here are gone, though that could just as easily be because there isn’t really much here to support them as anything else.

Pouli pauses in her investigations, tilting her head and turning to stare at the altar. In your arms, Kauka turns to look at the altar as well, blinking and tilting her head curiously. A moment later, Pouli barks at you and runs towards the altar, circling back around to bark at you again when she notices that you haven’t moved. Kauka flaps her wings and complains at you, urging you to follow Pouli. Seems like something’s caught their attention and they want you to investigate.

Are you going to indulge their curiosity?

(Declared: Houndour, Vullaby)


It's too quiet here, Tate realizes. Sure, they're in a clearing, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't hear the distant calls of wildlife in the thickets which surround them. The hush, unnatural as it is, puts Tate on edge, which is perhaps why when Pouli blted for the altar, the trainer felt a chill.

Slowly climbing the stairs after the Houndour, Tate took notice of the burned torches, which appeared freshly extinguished. Had someone been here recently? The chill grew worse. Kauka fidgeted, but Tate Ignored the Vullaby. Reaching the landing, the naturalist watched Pouli circle the altar, sniffing fervently, and for some reason the sight was upsetting, especially when Kauka began grunting and hissing in complaint. Suddenly, instinctively no longer willing to alone in this place with only two young and untrained Pokémon, Tate reached down to the waistline of slightly sagging overalls and unclipped a Pokéball, tossing it lightly in the air. It opened in an explosion of white light, and before the ball had fallen back into her trainer's hand, Palaho had taken flight, impressive wingspan casting a shadow over the shrine. Kauka momentarily forgot about the altar at the sight of her dear sister, flapping her wings excitedly in greeting to the Mandibuzz. A moment later, however, she was urging Tate forward again, both her and Pouli insistent. Tate sighed, but felt more in control with Palaho there, and slowly approached the altar at their behest.


__________________


Fizzy Bubbles Information
Squad InfoMemakyuSecret BaseField Journal (VG)

Active Team @ Bedlam Ridge

Active Team @ Le Marécage Noir

Active Team @ Minnao Isles

Active Team @ Abominable Snowdown


134 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 02:30 PM   #6
Mon1010
Pokemon Trainer
 
Mon1010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: In your thoughts! Can't find me? Well, think again!
Posts: 92
Original Post

Quote:
Monster Guy: Cortoza hadn’t exactly been this hot when you started your trek towards the Ignatius River earlier in the day, but it certainly was now. With the sun beating down on you and the much lower humidity, it was like standing in front of an open oven. Even taking off your tank top hadn’t helped all that much, though that may be because you’re actually walking somewhere. At least your Munna isn’t tired out, floating along as she was while you tire yourself out on the trail. It doesn’t take much longer before you spot the river, thankfully, and the two of you hurry down to the water, splashing some over yourselves in an effort to cool down. It works, the water taking most of the heat of your walk away, and, now that you’ve cooled down some, you take a moment to look around.

You clearly aren’t the only people to make this your destination. You spot a pair of photographers upstream taking pictures of the landscape, and a trio of teenagers on the opposite bank, eating sandwiches and skipping rocks. Downstream, there’s a family of four splashing around in the river and another trainer taking a nap on the bank with an Umbreon curled up next to them. The sound of bird calls above you attracts your attention and you spot a Skarmory circling above your heads, the sun glinting off its feathers. It wheels around and heads inland, flapping hard, and leaves you feeling a bit…uneasy.

Several minutes later, shouting from somewhere upstream has people turning to see what’s happening, several of whom decide to go investigate. The family rounds up their children and retreats to dry land, both parents looking upstream with worry, while the teenagers and the other trainer immediately make their way towards the shouting. The photographers shift their weight and exchange glances, before beginning to pack their stuff away.

You’re just trying to decide whether to go investigate yourself when something in the river catches your eye. Something brown and lumpy is drifting down the river and no one else seems to have spotted it. Or, at least, no one seems to have decided that it’s anything worth investigating, as one of the photographer’s brief glance at it seems to indicate. The yelling upstream has only gotten louder, which is briefly broken by a thump and followed by louder yelling.

What will you do?

(Declared: Munna)
After taking a moment to cool down, Leo noticed that he wasn't the only one who chose to visit this river. There were photographsers snapping photos, there were a group of teenagers eating sandwiches and skipping rocks on the river, there was a family of four splashing around in the water, and finally, there was a trainer taking a nap by the river with his Umbreon. That certainly was an interesting place to take a nap for sure... But otherwise, it looked like any other scene by river that was a popular tourist destination.

"What did I tell you Shaana? Lots of people come out here!" Leo laughed out loud, when the sound of a bird squawking caught his attention. The young man looked up to see a Skarmory circling overhead, the sun glinting off its feathers, producing a glare. It spun around, and flew inland, flapping it's wings hard. This left Leo a bit nervous...

Several minutes later, a new noise got Leo's attention. This time, shouting from somewhere upstream. Several of the others gathered around the river got up to see what was going on. The family rounded up their kids and took off, while the teenagers, as well as the napping trainer made their way towards the shouting. The photographers looked like they were unsure of what to do, before packing up their stuff.

Leo immediately decided to join the investigation group, when his attention was caught yet again. This time, by something brown and lumpy is drifting down the river. None of the other people seemed to give it any mind, but Leo himself still wanted to know what it was. Meanwhile, the yelling upstream only got louder, then interupted by a thump and followed by louder yelling.

Leo rubbed his temples nervously. "Oh gosh, what to do, what to do..." It didn't take long for an answer to come to him. "That's it!" Leo took out Aaron's Pokeball, and let out the Horsea into the water. "Aaron, go check out what that thing floating down the river is. I'm gonna go check out what all this fuss is about!" Then, he ran off towards the source of the yelling.

(Declared: Munna, Horsea)
__________________
Banner made by American--Pi

Fizzy Bubbles

Last edited by Mon1010; 05-03-2017 at 06:28 AM.
Mon1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 10:52 PM   #7
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow
 
Gemini Spark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Resting with Leila <3
Posts: 1,624
Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Quote:
Originally Posted by myahoo View Post
Dark Searchman: You take advantage of the vandal’s distraction to peek around the corner and register a Houndoom and Magcargo in your Pokedex. Looks like that’s what you’ll be up against next, but Zatch doesn’t seem like the right one for the job. You swap him out for Vi and Rengar, the former of whom grimaces at the rain and then scolds you for being impolite. You immediately apologize to Solaris, who grudgingly accepts but continues to sulk under his overhang. Seems he really doesn’t like the rain and is planning to hide there until it stops.

In the meantime, at the mention of a battle, your two Pokémon look around the corner and simply step into view, leaving you to scramble after them. You immediately spot the Houndoom eyeing your trio warily as presumably the Magcargo tosses more earth out of a hole in the mountainside. A young man huddling in his trench coat turns to look at you with a scowl.

“Wow, rude, man. You the one who dropped all this rain on us?” He blinks and then wipes irritably at his face. “What’re you gonna do, run us off? It’s all rocks and dirt and **** up here; we aren’t hurting anything.” He taps his foot a few times and then pulls out something from his pocket, stepping up to draw even with his Houndoom. “So, how much are you getting paid to make us leave? An evolutionary stone? A couple of hold items? Some cash? Whatever it is, I can easily double it. Just name your price.”

He waits expectantly for you to speak, clearly confident that you’ll cave and leave him alone to continue his Art. He certainly doesn’t look like he’s bluffing, but he could just have a decent poker face. If what he says is true, though, it sounds like he might be some rich kid and there could be…repercussions to kicking him out of his ‘canvas’.

What will you do?

(Declared: Seviper, Druddigon, Eelektrik, Blaziken, Zangoose)
As Hyrem, Rengar, and Vi make their entrance, the reaction from the vandal at least was predictable. “Wow, rude, man. You the one who dropped all this rain on us? What’re you gonna do, run us off? It’s all rocks and dirt and **** up here; we aren’t hurting anything.”
"Well, someone thinks you're doing damage here, otherwise I wouldn't be messing with you in the first place!" Hyrem retorted. "Look at all the trees, all the holes, places where Pokemon could be living: you think those are just rocks, dirt, and trash?" He didn't answer that question; instead, he took something out of his pocket and walked up to his Houndoom's side. “So, how much are you getting paid to make us leave?" he asked with an air of privilege. "An evolutionary stone? A couple of hold items? Some cash? Whatever it is, I can easily double it. Just name your price.”
"Oh, the spoiled rich kid type, huh?" Hyrem taunted. "Didn't think that'd be the type to do stuff like this, but maybe you just think you can buy your way out of any problem and get away with anything? Well here's the twist: I'm getting paid zero for this! You're welcome to double that offer, but it's still going to be zero!" He thought for a moment and reached into his own pocket, feigning that he was going to pull something out of it.

"How about this: I pay you what I'm being 'paid'," he said before opening it out to reveal nothing, "and you just leave and never return so that the Pokemon here can live free from your 'art'?" If anything was going to push this guy's buttons and set him off, that would surely be a good way to go about it.
__________________


Avatar made by din-of-hyrule
Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Tumblr | Hyrem's Ask Blog | Wild Future
Gemini Spark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 04:34 PM   #8
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge
 
Ex-Admiral Insane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Neverland
Posts: 1,687
Send a message via Skype™ to Ex-Admiral Insane
Quote:
Originally Posted by myahoo View Post
Ex-Admiral Insane: Despite mentions of a disappearance piquing your interest, your sights are still set further up the volcano. Still, it wouldn’t hurt to learn more about the situation. You purposefully skirt around the small group, doing your best to look interested in the altar itself, but it’s not entirely necessary. Most of the people in the group are trying to reassure and calm the woman down, while the others look tired, a few even fighting off yawns.

“Ma’am. We’ve already searched the entire area. No one has seen a person matching your friend’s description recently.” The local sounds like he’s repeating himself for the fifth or tenth time.

“I heard you the first five times,” she snaps back, looking ready to tear her hair out. “And I’ve told you that I saw him come this way!” She gestures sharply at the altar. “He wouldn’t shut up about the stupid altar for the last three days and then I wake up to find him sneaking out of the room we’ve been renting for our trip. I followed him here, waited behind that curve, since this entire area’s flat, and when I turned the corner, he’d vanished. My Kirlia’s convinced he’s around here somewhere, so that means he’s around here somewhere. We just have to find him.”

A couple of the locals closer to you mutter between themselves as the woman relates her story.

“Three days ago? Wasn’t that the full moon?” one says.

“Yeah. Why do you think I’m not expecting to find this guy?” the one next to her replies.

“It does sound like he fell under the full moon’s curse.”

You don’t catch much more of their conversation as you begin climbing the steps, though the woman’s insistence that her friend has to be nearby follows you all the way up to the altar. As you take the last step, your vision wavers for a moment, day turning to night. A priest of some sort, with a feathered headdress and some kind of metallic necklace, gestures imperiously in your direction and you find your gaze drawn to the stone altar, glowing white in places under the moonlight. You blink and sunlight blazes down on you and the clean stone altar as the familiar sounds of your young Dragons reaches your ears.

You turn around and watch as Rags herds the three youngsters your way, your Pokémon accidentally plowing straight through the people at the base of the stairs. You see the woman finally notice you at the top of the stairs; she glances at the locals and narrows her eyes before following after your Pokémon. It doesn’t take long for everyone to arrive where you are and the platform is beginning to feel a little cramped. Clearly, this space wasn’t meant for this many individuals, which means it doesn’t take long for something else to happen.

The woman is just making her way towards you, looking intent on talking to you, when you spot one of your dragons tumble into another, roll into the back wall, and vanish.

What will you do?

(Declared: Gallade, Wailord, Gible, Axew, Bagon)
Lucas intently eavesdropped on the conversation as he passed the group of locals and the bickering woman.

“And I’ve told you that I saw him come this way!” The woman gestured towards the altar. Apparently her boyfriend of sorts had decided to sneak out at night to look at the altar, only to have vanished from existence. The words ‘cat’ and ‘curiosity’ entered Lucas’ mind though he wasn’t sure why. His ears focussed on what the remaining few locals whispered to one another as he made his first few steps on the stone stairs.

“Three days ago? Wasn’t that the full moon?” one says.

“Yeah. Why do you think I’m not expecting to find this guy?” the one next to her replies.

“It does sound like he fell under the full moon’s curse.”

’A moon’s curse?’ Lucas amused himself with the thought. While he was aware of Pokémon with strange powers such as the Ghost, Dark and Psychic types, Lucas in no way believed in mystical forces like magic and curses. He did his best to stymie a chuckle when he heard it. Cortoza was known for its tribes and their long-held beliefs in volcano gods and their wrath. It seems their belief system wasn’t fully washed away from the land with their last eruption. The locals still seemed to want to hold onto their religious superstitions.

Still, a disappearance out here at night was an interesting incident and one that warranted caution on how Lucas would proceed further. He wasn’t too interested in helping out though. ’Let them sort out their own problems,’ he thought. ’Although, I wonder if she’d be willing to pay for help…’

Lucas’ thought processes were momentarily stunned as his eyes adjusted to the dark night-sky that had veiled his surroundings, like a curtain had been drawn before his eyes. Lucas reeled back, shocked, and desperately sought his surroundings for an explanation. None was found at first, though a local appeared to have substituted the small crows from earlier. He was dressed like some kind of tribal priest, adorned with a feathered headdress and metallic necklace. “Who are you?” Lucas shouted out towards him, trying his best to drop the fright from his voice and replace it with frustration.

The priest merely indicated past him towards the stone altar up above the final steps. Spots of moonlight bounced off of it in a mesmerising pattern, and Lucas stared intently at the glowing white before the familiar sound of three bickering dragons reached his ears. The night sky’s curtain was lifted and the hot Cortoza sun showered down on him once more. Looking back, the priest he saw had disappeared, and instead he saw Hai and Sar being chased by Sal with Rags vigilantly sauntering behind them. The three little dragons paid little attention to the crowd they plummeted through, as Lucas’ previous subtle entrance was torn apart by their rambunctious appearance and all eyes looked towards them and Lucas. The girl in particular, the one who had lost her friend, squinted glances at the locals and back at Lucas before following the Pokémon up the stairs.

’Oh no,’ he really wasn’t interested in helping out. ’Can’t she do something herself?’ He had only a few seconds left to ponder the situation before all four of his Pokémon had joined his side, cramming themselves onto the stairs. Hai, the Gible, ducked behind Lucas leg while Sal, the Bagon, was chasing her; apparently a game of tag or so, or perhaps they had taunted the Bagon into giving chase. The woman was just about to close in on them, Lucas and Rags gave each other a confident stare of understanding, when Sal managed to twirl around her trainer’s legs and headbutt Hai. The land shark Pokémon tumbled back and her rotund, little body rolled towards the stone wall – where it vanished.

The remaining four of them stared, dumbfounded at what they just witnessed. Lucas didn’t have much time to think and called out after his Pokémon, apparently faulting her. “Oi! Hai come back here!” Lucas clearly wanted to test the theory and wondered if the wall was in fact a fake of some kind; an illusion?. Rags too, understanding his trainer’s thoughts, found it necessary to go after Hai in an effort to not lose sight of her. The two of them reached out for the wall to see if it was in fact only a mirage of some kind, and if so, pass through it directly. (If not… well then find a switch or a crevasse or a hole or something. In the most extreme of cases, Rags would just use Fighting-type attacks against the rock until it opened.)

Lucas called out to his other two dragons, Sar and Sal, loud enough that even the woman who was hurrying towards him could hear. “Stay close and follow us.”
__________________

ASB Profile
Fizzy Bubbles Profile|Wishlist Post
Wild Future

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Spoiler: show
Adventure:
Base:
Transport:
Communication:
Dragons:
Draconid Monsters:
Ex-Admiral Insane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 09:25 PM   #9
myahoo
Cascade Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 511
Cortoza Updates - Set Sixteen

It's a Solstice/early Christmas miracle! >>

~!~

Missingno. Master: Sunfire whickers mostly cheerfully in response, eyes bright at your win as she trots over to a water trough and drinks deeply. You end up following after Ieni, not really needing Meowth’s translation to figure out that the feast is about to start, but you ask him to ask Ieni about what happened. Clearly, something has and it looks like the villagers may know what it is.

Ieni shrugs, clearly uncomfortable, and says he’s a bit surprised your Meowth didn’t notice it. Most Pokémon do, as you may have noticed, but maybe you don’t live near a volcano, so he didn’t recognize it? He does eventually tell you that there was an earthquake during the race and that people have been getting worried because there’ve been a lot of earthquakes recently. While the adults don’t like having it pointed out or mentioned, the baby Pokémon from earlier were right; it’s been a long time since they’ve had a celebration for Pele or in her name, so a lot of people say it’s her letting them know that she’s mad. They’re hoping that the celebration today will be enough to appease her, but some of the elders and the crazier priestesses say there’s no way one celebration will be enough. They say we need to either have a month-long festival or we need to start throwing people into the volcano because there’s no way Pele would be satisfied with anything less.

And with that happy thought in mind, you arrive back at the clearing with the long table piled high with food. Where the empty spot was earlier sits a roasted full-grown pig surrounded with various other kinds of meat and fish. Bowls of soup bracket one end of the table while the other end hosts bowls of juice and water. Vegetables and fruits fill up the remaining space and the table bows slightly under the weight. The food is clearly going to be served buffet-style, but before you can see if anyone’s started going for the food yet, Chief Kupa’alani catches your attention with a wave and a yell.

He walks up to you and says he hopes Ieni has been a good guide and that you’ve been enjoying his village’s hospitality. As you reply to his pleasantries, your stomach decides to announce that you haven’t eaten since you woke up and it’s been too long since you’ve had any food. Kupa’alani laughs and says that they’ll fix that mistake very soon. But, first, you have to give a speech to the village, chosen warrior of Pele.

You quickly find yourself maneuvered in front of the crowd of villagers and Pokémon, who are all looking expectantly up at you. There were…quite a few more than you realized, now that they’re all gathered in one place and waiting on you.

What will you do now?

(Declared: Tentacruel, Meowth)


~!~

kawaiiconcept: The Vulpix takes a step back when you offer your hand, growl becoming louder even as it sways in place. It takes another step back as Little Miss comes into view, looking like it had just noticed your two Pokémon, but the only thing it offers is a slow shake of its head before the Vulpix crumples to the ground. It takes you a moment to notice that the Vulpix is still breathing, but you’re not sure what might have caused it to collapse. Most likely, its exhaustion had finally caught up to it, though if there’s anything else wrong with it, you can’t tell right now.

One of your Pokémon spots something at the Vulpix’s neck and points it out to you. It turns out to be a leather collar with a circular, metal dog tag attached to it, inscribed with the word “Pixy.” Does that mean this Vulpix was someone’s Pokémon? How would it have ended up in this condition?

Flipping the dog tag over, you find the other side blank. No address, no phone number, no way to get in touch with the humans or trainers most likely responsible for the Vulpix. It doesn’t sound like there’s anyone nearby either and who knows how long it could be before someone comes along? The Vulpix must have looked up the path for a reason; maybe there’s a village or its home in that direction? However you decide to help the Vulpix, you should probably decide quickly. …can Fire-types overheat?

What will you do?

(Declared: Pawniard, Ledyba)


~!~

134: You follow Pouli up the stairs with a chill running down your spine, watching as she circled the altar in search of something unknown. Kauka fidgets in your arms and you ignore her, deciding you need a bit of backup, whatever this situation may be. You call out your Mandibuzz, Palaho bursting out of her Pokéball in a flash of white, and Kauka is immediately, thankfully distracted. Too quickly, she and Pouli are once again urging you to approach the altar, so you oblige, feeling a bit more settled with Palaho’s evident presence.

The altar itself looks unremarkable, a solid, waist-high, rectangular piece of stone. No carvings on its sky-facing surface nor on any of its sides, though a layer of dust or sand lies thick on top of it. You accidentally brush some of it off while you’re examining the altar and Pouli tilts her head to the side, glancing around to try to pinpoint something that you can’t hear. Something dark looks to have been hidden under the sand/dust, something colored or painted directly onto the altar itself, and you brush off a little more to try to figure out what it is. It looks like some kind of three-pronged fork?

Pouli wanders over to the back of the platform, investigating the caldera wall, while you brush more dust off of the altar, slowly uncovering the image of a Sigilyph. It’s a well-drawn image, colored extraordinarily well for something inanimate. Palaho ruffles her feathers uneasily from her perch on one of the extinguished torches, eyeing the drawing with wariness, and then screeches when it abruptly pulls itself out of the altar. The animated drawing(?) darts towards the wall Pouli had been investigating and disappears through it, leaving behind the image of an Eye. The image emits a Miraculous amount of rainbow light before dissipating, leaving the three of you to blink spots out of your eyes. Wait, three?

Pouli seems to have disappeared! Last any of you had seen, she was investigating the back wall, but once the Sigilyph drawing started moving, you’d lost track of her. You call out for her and wait anxiously for a response, which seems to come from the back…wall…? It looks solid, but you press a hand against the stone and it slowly begins to sink into the wall! You snatch your hand back, but your hand doesn’t seem to have come to any harm. In fact, it felt a little like pressing through jello or water, though your hand definitely isn’t wet. You call out for Pouli again and she responds, sounding just fine if a bit impatient.

What will you do?

(Declared: Houndour, Vullaby, Mandibuzz)


~!~

Mon1010: It takes you a moment to decide what to do, but you end up sending out your Horsea to retrieve the thing in the water while you go investigate the sound. The moment you give your Horsea orders, though, you bolt off, heading to investigate the commotion out of sight.

You follow the shouting up the river until you come across the three teenagers watching the scene from a safe distance away. The trainer and his Umbreon were standing over one man, while another was being held up by a Chesnaught. Both men were being berated by a scientist in a white coat, who was pacing back and forth and gesturing angrily.

“…and do you know how hard it is to get permission to examine those eggs from the parent Pokémon? We’re trying to make sure they’re fine and healthy, not making it easy for you smugglers and black market thieves to steal them away! Why do you think we’re all the way out here? Jesus Christ.” He ran a hand through his hair and spun around to glare at the man dangling from the Chesnaught’s grip. “And now you’re telling me you dropped the eggs into the river? The river that goes over a waterfall and into an ocean? That river?”

The scientist shook his head. “Nevermind. I don’t have time to deal with you.” He glanced over at the trainer. “Could you take them to the police station? I’ve gotta go see if I can find those eggs before they go over the waterfall or this entire project could go down the drain.”

The trainer nodded and sent out a Luxio and a Nuzleaf. “No problem.”

“Thanks. I’ll call ahead and tell them to give you some sort of reward for your troubles,” the scientist said as the trainer and his Pokémon took the two men back towards where you’d come from. The scientist then turned to look at the four of you. “Did any of you happen to notice a bag or sack or something go down the river? As you might’ve heard, they’re full of Pokémon eggs I need to return, so any information you might have would help a lot.”

Well, that sounds somewhat familiar. What will you do?

(Declared: Munna, Horsea)


~!~

Gemini Spark: The vandal’s eyes narrow at your taunt, but he gets himself under control quickly. He then frowns and sighs, shaking his head a bit disappointedly, though he makes sure not to take his eyes off you or your Pokémon. “Mom did say that people like you didn’t know how to negotiate. It’s a shame; I heard things like this are all the rage right now.” He opens his fist to show you some kind of opalescent sphere. There’s a dark bit running right through the middle of it, something kind of rectangular? It’s hard to tell what exactly he’s showing you, with the rain and all, but he tucks the sphere back into his pocket before you finish identifying whatever it is anyway.

“Not like I’d be short on it, but, hey.” He shrugs, just this side of mocking. “Double of nothing is nothing, right?” He leans to one side and taps his foot on the ground again, before nodding decisively. “That being said, you wanna fight, let’s fight. Houndoom, Thunder Fang.”

Lightning wreathes the Houndoom’s Fangs as it darts towards Rengar, closing its jaws on air with a boom like Thunder. Rengar just barely dodges the attack, catching only sparks which flicker momentarily over his fur. That actually gets him out of range as the ground near you shudders. Vi turns, alarmed, as you stumble back and she moves to get you out of the way. Not quickly enough, it turns out, as the Earth erupts with enough Power to throw both you and Vi in opposite directions. You, at least, hit solid ground, even if solid ground means the cliff wall. Vi, on the other hand, ends up dangerously close to the edge of the cliff. Thankfully, she rolls back to more solid ground and leaps to her feet, looking somewhat ruffled and a bit muddy but fine.

Well, that was rude. How do you respond?

(Declared: Seviper, Druddigon, Eelektrik, Blaziken, Zangoose)


~!~

Ex-Admiral Insane: Dumbfounded by the disappearance of one of your dragons, you and Rags sidestep the altar and approach the wall your Gible tumbled through, hands stretched out to touch the stone. At the same time, you tell your remaining dragons to stick close and follow you through should you manage to find a way after Hai. Not that it turns out to be too difficult as, the moment you touch the wall, you feel it pull you in like a vacuum. From Rags’ cry, it seems to have caught him too.

“Hold on!” came a woman’s voice from behind you, but neither of you get the chance to decide whether you want to struggle because the suction abruptly increases and pulls you and Rags through the wall with Sar and Sal only moments behind you.

The lot of you end up in a dusty pile on the other side, coughing from either hitting the ground or getting hit with the weight of several young Dragons. Hai greets you from where he stands several feet away, looking none the worse for wear. Satisfied with your Dragon’s condition, you turn back to the wall in the hopes that you could go back through and continue to the peak of the volcano, only to spot the woman from earlier frowning and looking in your direction with a hand against the wall. The wall that didn’t look anything out of the ordinary and wasn’t doing anything out of the ordinary, if the woman’s hand on the wall was any indication.

“It’s solid now,” she tells you, stepping aside with her Kirlia when you inspect it for yourself and it definitely is now. You press your hand against the rock, but it only feels cool and, well, rock-like. Gravelly and dusty and solid.

“Abby says she can still feel the people on the other side, but there’s something keeping us here,” the woman says, glancing from her Kirlia to you to the wall and back to you. “But she can feel my friend and his Fletchinder further in this place. I’m planning on heading after them. Are you planning on staying here and trying to find a way back? Mostly so I know if I should come back here or try to find my own way out.” She tilts her head to one side.

What do you plan to do?

(Declared: Gallade, Wailord, Gible, Axew, Bagon)
myahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 09:56 PM   #10
Missingno. Master
Poison-type Trainer
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 4,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by myahoo View Post
It's a Solstice/early Christmas miracle! >>

~!~

Missingno. Master: Sunfire whickers mostly cheerfully in response, eyes bright at your win as she trots over to a water trough and drinks deeply. You end up following after Ieni, not really needing Meowth’s translation to figure out that the feast is about to start, but you ask him to ask Ieni about what happened. Clearly, something has and it looks like the villagers may know what it is.

Ieni shrugs, clearly uncomfortable, and says he’s a bit surprised your Meowth didn’t notice it. Most Pokémon do, as you may have noticed, but maybe you don’t live near a volcano, so he didn’t recognize it? He does eventually tell you that there was an earthquake during the race and that people have been getting worried because there’ve been a lot of earthquakes recently. While the adults don’t like having it pointed out or mentioned, the baby Pokémon from earlier were right; it’s been a long time since they’ve had a celebration for Pele or in her name, so a lot of people say it’s her letting them know that she’s mad. They’re hoping that the celebration today will be enough to appease her, but some of the elders and the crazier priestesses say there’s no way one celebration will be enough. They say we need to either have a month-long festival or we need to start throwing people into the volcano because there’s no way Pele would be satisfied with anything less.

And with that happy thought in mind, you arrive back at the clearing with the long table piled high with food. Where the empty spot was earlier sits a roasted full-grown pig surrounded with various other kinds of meat and fish. Bowls of soup bracket one end of the table while the other end hosts bowls of juice and water. Vegetables and fruits fill up the remaining space and the table bows slightly under the weight. The food is clearly going to be served buffet-style, but before you can see if anyone’s started going for the food yet, Chief Kupa’alani catches your attention with a wave and a yell.

He walks up to you and says he hopes Ieni has been a good guide and that you’ve been enjoying his village’s hospitality. As you reply to his pleasantries, your stomach decides to announce that you haven’t eaten since you woke up and it’s been too long since you’ve had any food. Kupa’alani laughs and says that they’ll fix that mistake very soon. But, first, you have to give a speech to the village, chosen warrior of Pele.

You quickly find yourself maneuvered in front of the crowd of villagers and Pokémon, who are all looking expectantly up at you. There were…quite a few more than you realized, now that they’re all gathered in one place and waiting on you.

What will you do now?

(Declared: Tentacruel, Meowth)
Ieni gave his response, apparently uncomfortable with the situation. "Huh," said Meowth. "He's surprised I didn't notice it. Maybe cuz I don't live near a volcano- it was an earthquake. Ain't youse eva had earthquakes?" he asked Keith. "Ya did grow up in Lavaridge, ain't ya?"

"Yeah, but they're rare," Keith replied. "I think the last one was when I was five or so?"

"Anyways, he's also sayin' dat da Pokémon from before was right- dese guys ain't had a celebration fer Pele in a long time, so dis could be her way o' tellin' dem she's pissed."

"Lovely," Keith remarked. "And they're hoping this festival's gonna help matters, I'm guessing?"

"Basically, yeah," Meowth replied. "Though Ieni's sayin' some o' da elders and da crazier priestesses ain't so optimistic. Day's tinkin' either a month-long festival or sacrifices trown into da volcano, and dat Pele ain't gonna take nuttin' less."

"Yeesh," replied Keith, frowning. "Well, let's just hope they're called the crazier priestesses for a reason, then."

If Meowth had a reply to this at the ready, he kept it to himself, for at that moment they returned to the clearing. The table from before was still there, laden with even more delicious-smelling food than before. Keith wondered whether even a Snorlax would be able to eat the whole selection in a single sitting. And then, Chief Kupa'alani caught their attention. Keith smiled in response as the chief approached him, and nodded in response as Meowth translated his pleasantries, subsequently asking Meowth to translate his answers- that Ieni was a great guide, and that he and Meowth were very much enjoying the village's hospitality. Before much more could be said, however, Keith's stomach took this opportunity to speak up in a decidedly universal language. The chief gave a laugh at this and explained that this would be rectified quite soon. Juuuuust after Keith gave his speech. Right. That was a thing.

Before Keith knew it, he was maneuvered to the front of the crowd, standing before villagers and Pokémon, a number far more vast than Keith recalled there being, and all of them looking up at him expectantly.

Keith did not speak up right away. First, he took a few deep, calming breaths- speaking before such a large crowd was more than a little daunting. He exchanged a look and a nod with Meowth- the Scratch Cat Pokémon was ready to translate.

"...OK. Hello, everybody," Keith said, speaking up at last. "Um... well, first, I'd like to thank you all for being so kind and hospitable to me, helping me to feel welcome here even though I'm still not completely sure exactly why Pele brought me here. You have all been so nice to me, and I thank you all sincerely," he smiled, as Meowth translated his speech for the crowd. "I have had a great and enjoyable day so far, thanks to you all. Now, then, like I said, I know pretty much nothing about why Pele actually brought me here, but whatever it is I end up needing to do, I will give it everything I've got. It's the least I can do as my thanks for your hospitality." He would have kept going, except for a few things. One, Keith was not one for making long speeches. Two, he really didn't have much more than this to say. And three... he was just plain hungry. All of which Meowth was fully aware of while he translated Keith's speech for the crowd, and so it didn't surprise the Normal-type one bit that he ended said speech when he did.
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 02:59 PM   #11
134
Shalala kiss the girl
 
134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: The Roman Empire
Posts: 716
Quote:
Originally Posted by myahoo View Post
It's a Solstice/early Christmas miracle! >>

134: You follow Pouli up the stairs with a chill running down your spine, watching as she circled the altar in search of something unknown. Kauka fidgets in your arms and you ignore her, deciding you need a bit of backup, whatever this situation may be. You call out your Mandibuzz, Palaho bursting out of her Pokéball in a flash of white, and Kauka is immediately, thankfully distracted. Too quickly, she and Pouli are once again urging you to approach the altar, so you oblige, feeling a bit more settled with Palaho’s evident presence.

The altar itself looks unremarkable, a solid, waist-high, rectangular piece of stone. No carvings on its sky-facing surface nor on any of its sides, though a layer of dust or sand lies thick on top of it. You accidentally brush some of it off while you’re examining the altar and Pouli tilts her head to the side, glancing around to try to pinpoint something that you can’t hear. Something dark looks to have been hidden under the sand/dust, something colored or painted directly onto the altar itself, and you brush off a little more to try to figure out what it is. It looks like some kind of three-pronged fork?

Pouli wanders over to the back of the platform, investigating the caldera wall, while you brush more dust off of the altar, slowly uncovering the image of a Sigilyph. It’s a well-drawn image, colored extraordinarily well for something inanimate. Palaho ruffles her feathers uneasily from her perch on one of the extinguished torches, eyeing the drawing with wariness, and then screeches when it abruptly pulls itself out of the altar. The animated drawing(?) darts towards the wall Pouli had been investigating and disappears through it, leaving behind the image of an Eye. The image emits a Miraculous amount of rainbow light before dissipating, leaving the three of you to blink spots out of your eyes. Wait, three?

Pouli seems to have disappeared! Last any of you had seen, she was investigating the back wall, but once the Sigilyph drawing started moving, you’d lost track of her. You call out for her and wait anxiously for a response, which seems to come from the back…wall…? It looks solid, but you press a hand against the stone and it slowly begins to sink into the wall! You snatch your hand back, but your hand doesn’t seem to have come to any harm. In fact, it felt a little like pressing through jello or water, though your hand definitely isn’t wet. You call out for Pouli again and she responds, sounding just fine if a bit impatient.

What will you do?

(Declared: Houndour, Vullaby, Mandibuzz)


Everything seemed to happen at once for the trainer, whose lacking eyesight failed to entirely follow the flurry of activity. One moment Tate was uncovering some sort of hieroglyph, then the fucking thing burst to life, and Pahalo was hissing and then there was an absolutely brilliant flash of light and then... Pouli was gone?!

A brief exploration of the last place she was seen was... well, it was something. The moment Tate's hand sunk through the stone the trainer screamed in horror and wrenched the limb back, greatly relieved to find it still intact. Pouli's chipper bark echoed from somewhere -- inside the stone?! -- which was a relief if not still a problem. Tate placed Kauka on the ground in order to free up both hands, and Pahalo descended from her perch to join the Vullaby, evidently unphased by the shenanigans going on as she began preening Kauka. Both birds felt odd after the bright light; almost vulnerable, though Pahalo wouldn't admit it and Kauka was too naive to express the idea. Tate, meanwhile, tested the stone again, first with both both palms. Taking a deep breath and holding it in, Tate finally did what seem like the only option at hand, and tried to shove a whole head into the rock.

__________________


Fizzy Bubbles Information
Squad InfoMemakyuSecret BaseField Journal (VG)

Active Team @ Bedlam Ridge

Active Team @ Le Marécage Noir

Active Team @ Minnao Isles

Active Team @ Abominable Snowdown


134 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 07:42 PM   #12
myahoo
Cascade Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 511
Cortoza Updates - Set Seventeen

Missingno. Master: The crowd bursts into happy chatter as you wrap up your speech, Chief Kupa’alani taking over to briefly dedicate the feast to Pele. That done, he leads you to the table and tells everyone to dig in.

You pile your plate high with food and then realize that you’re not entirely sure where you should go to eat it. Should you just stand and eat? Take a seat on the ground? There are villagers who’ve done both, but ah! There are benches closer to the Ponyta and Rapidash, though no tables to eat at; sitting down sounds good after that race, though, so you start to head in that direction, only to get sidetracked by Ieni. He grabs your arm and leads you over to his family, chattering about how he wants to introduce you to all his relatives since it’s a really big honor to help Pele’s chosen and he can’t believe that he’d ended up getting picked to be your guide. He points out his parents, his brother, his various cousins, listing names off as they greet you. You do your best to carry a conversation between eating and having to wait for Meowth to translate, but it goes pretty well. The food is good and the atmosphere lively, though you do get interrupted pretty frequently as other villagers come by to ask you questions or just talk to you.

Eventually, the feast winds down and people disperse, Ieni yawning and leading you back to the house you’d woken up in. He says you’re welcome to stay with his family if you don’t wanna stay by yourself, but the house is yours for as long as you need it. He tells you how to find his house and then bids you goodnight, trotting off with another yawn. It doesn’t take you long to fall asleep once you’ve settled in.

Some time later, Meowth abruptly wakes you up, saying he has a bad feeling and that he’s hearing something…weird. Some kind of…rumbling, he thinks? He tilts his head to listen to something, but the only thing you hear is people getting abruptly woken up by their Pokémon and sounding grumpy or irritated. He tells you that the other Pokémon are leaving or heading towards higher ground because there’s a big earthquake on the way and that they’d heard it from the Wingull, who heard it from the Lapras, who heard it from the Wailmer and Wailord.

…that doesn’t sound good. What will you do?

(Declared: Tentacruel, Meowth)


~!~

134: Deciding that the only way to retrieve your Houndour or check on her is to follow her in, you take a deep breath, brace your hands on the wall as best you can, and shove your head through the rock. It…pretty much feels like you just shoved your head into jello. Or chowder. At least it isn’t wet or sticky. It doesn’t feel like you’ve reached the other side yet, either, so you lean a little further aaaand your hands sink into the rock as you feel yourself start to fall. You stumble forward and manage to catch yourself, blinking as you take in your new surroundings.

It’s dark. Like it’s a new moon night or the middle of a forest or a park with no streetlights. It…looks like you’re in some kind of clearing? You can tell it’s circular, though you’re not sure if it’s walls or tree trunks or what defining the edges. You’re also having trouble figuring out if those darker patches are just deeper shadows or pathways out of this area.

Something nudges up against your leg and you jerk back, heart racing. Had Pahalo and Kauka followed you through? Or was it something else, something from this shadowy dark place? You risk a glance down and faintly make out a pair of eyes looking up at you with something else behind it.

…it turns out to be Pouli. Relieved to have recovered your Pokémon, you try to feel your way back to the wall you’d entered from, only to find solid rock. Hmm, maybe it was only a small area that let you through? You feel along the wall, but it’s all solid rock. You call to Pahalo and Kauka and they respond, sounding muffled but fine.

Well, that’s a problem. Looks like that wall’s a one way door. What will you do?

(Declared: Houndour, Vullaby, Mandibuzz)
myahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 10:28 PM   #13
Missingno. Master
Poison-type Trainer
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 4,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by myahoo View Post
Missingno. Master: The crowd bursts into happy chatter as you wrap up your speech, Chief Kupa’alani taking over to briefly dedicate the feast to Pele. That done, he leads you to the table and tells everyone to dig in.

You pile your plate high with food and then realize that you’re not entirely sure where you should go to eat it. Should you just stand and eat? Take a seat on the ground? There are villagers who’ve done both, but ah! There are benches closer to the Ponyta and Rapidash, though no tables to eat at; sitting down sounds good after that race, though, so you start to head in that direction, only to get sidetracked by Ieni. He grabs your arm and leads you over to his family, chattering about how he wants to introduce you to all his relatives since it’s a really big honor to help Pele’s chosen and he can’t believe that he’d ended up getting picked to be your guide. He points out his parents, his brother, his various cousins, listing names off as they greet you. You do your best to carry a conversation between eating and having to wait for Meowth to translate, but it goes pretty well. The food is good and the atmosphere lively, though you do get interrupted pretty frequently as other villagers come by to ask you questions or just talk to you.

Eventually, the feast winds down and people disperse, Ieni yawning and leading you back to the house you’d woken up in. He says you’re welcome to stay with his family if you don’t wanna stay by yourself, but the house is yours for as long as you need it. He tells you how to find his house and then bids you goodnight, trotting off with another yawn. It doesn’t take you long to fall asleep once you’ve settled in.

Some time later, Meowth abruptly wakes you up, saying he has a bad feeling and that he’s hearing something…weird. Some kind of…rumbling, he thinks? He tilts his head to listen to something, but the only thing you hear is people getting abruptly woken up by their Pokémon and sounding grumpy or irritated. He tells you that the other Pokémon are leaving or heading towards higher ground because there’s a big earthquake on the way and that they’d heard it from the Wingull, who heard it from the Lapras, who heard it from the Wailmer and Wailord.

…that doesn’t sound good. What will you do?

(Declared: Tentacruel, Meowth)
With the speech over and done with, Chief Kupa'alani took over in order to dedicate the feast to Pele, after which everyone was, at long last, invited to dig in. And Keith did not need telling twice! He piled his plate high, but before he could take a seat, Ieni grabbed his arm and led him over to his family. Meowth translated away as Ieni started chattering- he wanted to introduce Keith to his relatives, he was still blown away that he was picked to be the guide for Pele's chosen, which was clearly a very significant honor. It was an interesting experience for Keith, trying to hold conversations with Ieni's various relatives, considering all the eating he was doing during this time, and also the need for Meowth to translate.

The rest of the feast went pretty well. The food was delicious and very much welcome to Keith's empty stomach, the atmosphere was a lively and enjoyable one, and although Keith found himself being nearly constantly interrupted by the various villagers who came by to ask questions or just chat, he found himself smiling throughout the whole thing, not really minding the attention- if anything, actually quite enjoying it.

Once the feast died down, and everyone started going home, Ieni led Keith back to the house in which he'd first woken up, telling him that it was his for as long as he needed it, though also extended an invitation to stay with his family if he so chose. Keith, in response, expressed his appreciation of the offer, though stated that at least for tonight, he'd be staying in this house. He wrapped up by thanking Ieni once more for all his help, and once Meowth translated all this for Ieni, and once Ieni had given Keith directions to his house, Keith went inside.

"Ahhh," Keith grinned, lying on his back. "I gotta say, Meowth, as freaky and uncertain as all this time travel stuff is, and as much as I wanna go back to my own time... there's no denying it- today was awesome."

"I kinda get dat, yeah," Meowth conceded. "Even though I had ta do way more talkin' den usual."

"Yeah... thanks for that, by the way," Keith added. "I don't know how I'd have gotten along without you to translate. I really do appreciate it, Meowth."

"Ehh, tink nuttin' of it," Meowth purred. "Like I'm gonna just leave youse high and dry."

"Well, we better get some sleep," Keith yawned. "Good night, Meowth."

Meowth yawned. "Enjoy yer food coma, ya Snorlax," he responded, already starting to doze off.

Keith gave a sleepy chuckle as his eyes closed. "Murkrow calling the Umbreon black much?" he mumbled. "I'm not the only one went crazy on the food tonight."

Meowth's only response to this was an unintelligible sleepy mumbling sound with a sassy intonation as both he and his Trainer went to sleep.

~~~

*swipe*

"GAH!" Keith exclaimed, sitting bolt upright in response to the light (yet still very much noticeable) Scratch attack he'd just taken to the face. "Arceus, Mew, and Helix! Meowth, what the hell?!"

"Can the attitude, we got problems," Meowth responded, and so urgent was his tone that Keith resisted the urge to argue with Meowth and instead gave him a look, inviting him to explain these problems. "Shut yer food hole and listen- ya hear dat rumbling?"

Keith clammed up and listened intently. No rumbling reached his ears, however- all he could hear was the distant sound of sleepy villagers being awoken by other Pokémon. "I'm hearing more grumbling than rumbling if I'm being honest here," he yawned. "What gives, Meowth?"

"Wat gives is dat da other Pokémon are all haulin' ass outta here," stated Meowth. "Dey're hearin' from da Wingull, who heard from da Lapras, who heard from da Wailmer and Wailord, dat a big earthquake's headed dis way. And if it's dat bad dat it's got all da Pokémon jumpin' ship..." He trailed off there, not needing to say much more on the subject.

Keith nodded, understanding just as well as if Meowth had finished the sentence. "Right," he said, standing up. He put on his backpack, Mega Hat, and Z-Ring, making sure the Poisonium Z was still set into the last of those three objects. "Let's go, then, Meowth. First things first, though- we're not just gonna flee here by ourselves. After all the villagers did for us, the least we can do is make sure they all get to safety as well." And worried though Meowth was, there was too much truth to Keith's words to ignore, and so he climbed up on Keith's shoulder as the Poison-type Trainer made to exit the house and do his best to make sure all the villagers were safely evacuating.
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 11:13 AM   #14
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge
 
Ex-Admiral Insane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Neverland
Posts: 1,687
Send a message via Skype™ to Ex-Admiral Insane
Quote:
Originally Posted by myahoo View Post
It's a Solstice/early Christmas miracle! >>

~!~

Ex-Admiral Insane: Dumbfounded by the disappearance of one of your dragons, you and Rags sidestep the altar and approach the wall your Gible tumbled through, hands stretched out to touch the stone. At the same time, you tell your remaining dragons to stick close and follow you through should you manage to find a way after Hai. Not that it turns out to be too difficult as, the moment you touch the wall, you feel it pull you in like a vacuum. From Rags’ cry, it seems to have caught him too.

“Hold on!” came a woman’s voice from behind you, but neither of you get the chance to decide whether you want to struggle because the suction abruptly increases and pulls you and Rags through the wall with Sar and Sal only moments behind you.

The lot of you end up in a dusty pile on the other side, coughing from either hitting the ground or getting hit with the weight of several young Dragons. Hai greets you from where he stands several feet away, looking none the worse for wear. Satisfied with your Dragon’s condition, you turn back to the wall in the hopes that you could go back through and continue to the peak of the volcano, only to spot the woman from earlier frowning and looking in your direction with a hand against the wall. The wall that didn’t look anything out of the ordinary and wasn’t doing anything out of the ordinary, if the woman’s hand on the wall was any indication.

“It’s solid now,” she tells you, stepping aside with her Kirlia when you inspect it for yourself and it definitely is now. You press your hand against the rock, but it only feels cool and, well, rock-like. Gravelly and dusty and solid.

“Abby says she can still feel the people on the other side, but there’s something keeping us here,” the woman says, glancing from her Kirlia to you to the wall and back to you. “But she can feel my friend and his Fletchinder further in this place. I’m planning on heading after them. Are you planning on staying here and trying to find a way back? Mostly so I know if I should come back here or try to find my own way out.” She tilts her head to one side.

What do you plan to do?

(Declared: Gallade, Wailord, Gible, Axew, Bagon)
Lucas reached out to touch the wall, Rags close and vigilant on his trainer. His hand touched the rock wall where Hai disappeared through, and passed straight through it! Something took a hold of Lucas and pulled him in. “GAAAAAAHHH!” he yelled out. “Rags, pull me back!” Some sort of vacuum on the other side was pulling hard. Rags grabbed a hold of his trainer, Sal joined in and grabbed onto Rags and Sar held onto Sal. All pulled on their respective compatriots, but within seconds, the vacuum sucked in Lucas, then Rags, Sal and Sar quickly behind him.

The group fell on top of one another, a cloud of dirt puffed where they landed.

“Gi-gi-gible!” Hai greeted them by jumping excitedly a few feet away from the group, as safe and joyful as ever.

“You’re a real pain, you know that?”

“Gi-gi-gible!” Hai jumped again with excitement.

Lucas got up and brushed some off the dirt from his clothes. He turned to try to push back through the rock when he noticed the girl had followed behind them as well, and was already inspecting the surface. “It’s solid now,” she informed him, stepping aside to let him test the wall for himself. Lucas placed his hand on the surface and felt the rough, dusty rock – as solid as ever. ’Can’t go back through there it would seem.’

“Abby says she can still feel the people on the other side, but there’s something keeping us here, but she can feel my friend and his Fletchinder further in this place. I’m planning on heading after them. Are you planning on staying here and trying to find a way back? Mostly so I know if I should come back here or try to find my own way out.” The woman looked at the wall, Kirlia, Lucas and further into the strange cave.

Lucas pondered the situation for a moment himself. “Well,” he finally said. “It’s not like we can back through this wall, we might as well try to find your friend and a new way out. However,” he wanted to briefly object. “If your friend has been missing for a few days, they might very well be in trouble. It could be that there’s no way out, or it could mean..” Lucas let the sentence hang for a while.

“Never mind. Anyway, we should be careful. A mysterious cave hidden behind a makeshift wall near a shrine used for sacrifices.” A slight shiver ran down his spine as he said that, recalling the vision of the priest with the feathered headdress. “That can’t mean it’s all good.”

He looked over his Pokémon once again. Rags was observing the others, the three dragons tumbling and tackling each other playfully. “Alright you three, you’ve caused enough trouble.” He pulled out their respective Pokéballs. “Retreat,” he ordered, and three white beams appeared and withdrew them to the safety of their Pokéballs. “Now you Rags.”

“Gall!” he protested. He preferred staying by his trainer. He didn’t like this place and didn’t want to leave him alone.

“I’ll be fine,” Lucas answered. Ever since they met when Rags was but a Ralts the two had shared some unexplainable mental bond that allowed them to understand one another’s emotions. “Besides, if we do run into trouble I’ll need you at full strength.”

“Gallade.”

Lucas sighed. “Well fine then. I still have those other three to help if need be.” Rags gave a face that betrayed he didn’t very much like the idea of depending on those three immature Pokémon. “Well, let’s go,” he asked the girl. “Best we stick close to each other.” Lucas wished for a moment he had a Pokémon with him who knew Flash. “Your Kirlia doesn’t by any chance know the move Flash does she?” completely forgetting the fact that the two of them haven’t even made any formal introductions yet.
__________________

ASB Profile
Fizzy Bubbles Profile|Wishlist Post
Wild Future

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Spoiler: show
Adventure:
Base:
Transport:
Communication:
Dragons:
Draconid Monsters:
Ex-Admiral Insane is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:22 PM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.