UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Free RP Zones

Old 12-14-2021, 12:43 AM   #26
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

When one makes the decision to go somewhere with the intention of relaxing, collecting one's thoughts, things of that nature, a nightclub typically isn't the first establishment one might consider for such a purpose. Or even the second or third, for that matter. Loud, noisy, built for people who wanted to have a good freaking time, and while certainly an enjoyable experience, it wasn't all that conducive to relaxation. But the Trainer-Only Nightclub could in fact provide a space for just such a purpose in the Wallflower Pub, as Elijah was finding out firsthand. As a bonus, it was a relatively slow day for the place, so he didn't have a lot of overlapping chatter to worry about.

So naturally, one might assume that when a six-foot-seven man walked into the Wallflower Pub, dressed like a pirate right down to the eyepatch covering up what would be for most people a perfectly functional right eye, anyone among the few present might take notice. Tom McPhione, after all, was hard to miss. For indeed, that's exactly who came in at this moment, pushing the doors open, momentarily allowing the music to come in without being muffled by the walls until the doors swung shut again, striding over to the bar. "What'll it be, Tom?" asked the bartender- clearly, this was not the man's first time here. "Cacnea Cola?"

"Nay, me bucko- glass o' Pepseadra fer me today," Tom responded. The bartender nodded and went off to fill a glass with the requested soda, leaving Tom with a moment to look around and take in his surroundings, and indeed, all with the air of a man who had been here before, in case the bartender recognizing him like that hadn't already made this clear.

Of course, at least one sight in the Wallflower Pub tonight wasn't going to be familiar to old Tom, and that sight was that of Elijah. Tom spotted the rookie Trainer, glanced at him for a moment, then turned back just as the bartender brought him his glass of Pepseadra. "Arr," Tom growled appreciatively, accepting the glass with one hand, while putting down on the counter considerably more money than the soda cost. Then, he strode over and sat near Elijah. "Arr, now, here be a sight I seen many a time in me day," Tom remarked. "Somethin' be stressin' ye out, lad, and but good if'n it's got ye tryin' to relax in a nightclub of all places," he added fairly. "So 'ere's the shape of it, lad- ye don't know me from Mew, and by no means would ol' Tom try pressurin' someone to talk what that ain't willin' to, let alone to a total stranger. But I will say this- if'n ye feels the need to talk about what's botherin' ye, then yer more than welcome to bounce yer troubles off o' ol' Tom, and no mistake," At this point, he took a sip of his Pepseadra. "Arr, good stuff," he murmured with a grin.
Old 12-16-2021, 08:40 PM   #27
blu3shift
Cascade Badge

"Uh. Hi?"

Elijah had zoned out for what felt like two seconds and then suddenly there was a pirate sitting in front of him asking what was wrong.

Was it already Talk Like a Pirate Day? Did this guy lose a bet? There was no way that someone would consciously walk into a public place like that and immediately start mouthing off like he was going to dig for some buried treasure off in the corner behind a table. Unless this guy had somehow walked out of the 1700s or something, or if he was just really pushing it for some rave that night... yeah, that was probably the most likely explanation for this. Tom seemed like a regular here, anyway, if the bartender greeting him by name wasn't enough of a clue already.

Either way, that was then and this is now and Elijah was now staring directly in the face of Captain Halfbeard, who, if Elijah wasn't mistaken (he wasn't exactly fluent in pirate), was oddly curious about his plight. Leaning back for a moment to consider his options, he decided to entertain "ol' Tom's" weird pirate charade. Sure, he was basically making himself vulnerable in front of a complete stranger, but it wasn't like he had much else to do, and maybe venting about his frustrations would help him at least a little. As long as he didn't get a blunderbuss pulled on him, that is.

"Okay, okay, I guess I'll lay things out for you. It's been a long week," he started. "Super stressful. Feels like I'm being put through too much. Like, I can't find a place to stay one day and then I'm plowing through some weird poaching operation? And then I end up fighting God and my vacation from that doesn't end well, and that's not even beginning to mention that I can't really back out of this because—"

Elijah cut himself short just as he realized what he was about to say. His little complaining session might have gotten a little out of hand, but at least he had enough self control to keep himself from revealing too much. Besides, some things were definitely better left unsaid, especially when it was the very thing that he was trying to get away from.

"—Never mind. I, uh... Honestly, I don't think I'm cut out for this whole trainer thing, but I kind of have to commit anyway. I mean, I haven't even done much in the way of actually training. Imagine how my Pokémon must feel. Probably running around the Tree Grove wondering why they're still level 4 or whatever."

Elijah laughed nervously. His heartbeat seemed to match the manic rhythm of the music blaring from the club itself.

"Stress is a hell of a thing, isn't it?"

Last edited by blu3shift; 12-20-2021 at 11:47 PM. Reason: as a wise man once said, "minor grammatical fix"
blu3shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 09:30 PM   #28
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Elijah seemed somewhat bewildered, and understandably so, considering who appeared to be, for all intents and purposes, a real friggin' pirate, had sat near him and started asking him what was wrong. It was a big thing to ask of someone, to talk about their troubles to a total stranger, but Tom wasn't forcing the issue, and at any rate, Elijah decided to talk about it, about his stressful week. About the attempt to find a place to stay that ended with him going up against some manner of poaching operation. About fighting literally God. About an attempted vacation after that seemingly going awry. And he began to get into exactly why he couldn't back out of the whole Pokémon training thing, but stopped himself. Tom tilted his head, intensely curious, but did not push the matter- it was remarkable that the young Trainer had told him as much as he did, honestly.

Elijah did, however, confide that he wasn't sure if he was cut out for being a Trainer, but he had to go for it in any case, and he hadn't even done much actual Pokémon training just yet anyway. He finished with a nervous laugh and a statement about stress. "Oh, aye," Tom nodded gravely. "Too much stress be a nasty thing, and sounds to me like yer up to yer ears in it right about now," he stated. "Hell of a week ye seem to have had indeed, especially if'n yer really this new at bein' a Trainer- anyone in that kind o' mess'd fer certain feel overwhelmed. And that be the way of it sometimes- ye never knows when yer gonna get swept up in somethin'. Why, not that long ago, got a call from me cousin Ralph, ended up settin' sail fer the town o' Sludge Wave Coast, and worked with the residents to take down the scurvy Perrserker what that been wreakin' havoc in the Sea of Fizzytopia fer many years now. 's all thanks to that scurvy Steel-type ye sees me wearin' this, in fact," he added, indicating his eyepatch. "That bein' said, lot o' good came outta that whole ordeal as well, so I ain't complainin' much, in hindsight," he chuckled.

"But gettin' back to me point," Tom added, shaking his head. "Ain't sure if I'd agree about ye not bein' cut out fer bein' a Trainer just yet, as it sounds to me like ye ain't had much time to actually do the thing properly. Ye says yerself, lad, ye ain't done much actual trainin' yet, after all," he shrugged. "Aye, seems to me ye really do need some time to unwind, and ain't no shame in that," he stated, pausing to take another sip of his glass of Pepseadra. "So, ye gots yer Pokémon off at the Tree Grove as well, says ye?" he added. "Dropped off me own crew there earlier, meself. Arrokuda and Dratini, Feraligatr and Dhelmise. Not Lily, though- that Chatot o' mine insisted on waitin' outside, drivin' the poor bouncer crazy, no doubt," he chortled. "What kinds do ye gots so far?" he inquired.
Old 12-21-2021, 07:21 PM   #29
blu3shift
Cascade Badge

Elijah had nary a chance to even breathe before Tom recited a shanty about his cousin Ralph, some town called "Sludge Wave Coast" (which sounded like the exact opposite of pleasant), whatever the hell a "Perrserker" was... at least it sounded like he understood what the struggling trainer was going through, and Elijah was very grateful for that. The advice that was given to him was also a little comforting, even if all that came out of it was a sarcastic thought of yeah, that's what they all say. At least it was the thought that counted?

As for the rest, apparently the swashbuckler on the other side of the table had the same idea that Elijah did. Dropped off his team—none of which Elijah recognized—at the Tree Grove, went straight to the club... although it seemed like it was under entirely different circumstances, considering the moods that both of them were in. With that came a question, however, and it was thankfully once that he was pretty quick to answer.

"Oh yeah, there's Thorn, my, uh—what was the one that looked like a cross between a Lilligant and a Pawniard—Fomantis," he rattled in a certain but inexperienced tone, "and then there's Epoch, the Porygon that I swear has something new and weird to do all the time, and... I think that's it? I hope I'm not forgetting anyone."

Elijah swore he just managed to catch someone at another table shoot a glance towards him, but he shrugged it off. He was talking up a storm, anyway; there was no doubt that he'd catch someone else's attention.

"Oh, by the way, good job committing to the whole pirate bit. I bet you'd be able to convince someone that you're the real thing." He finished, completely unaware of the fact that Tom wasn't just pulling his story out of thin air.
Old 12-22-2021, 08:50 PM   #30
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Tom had somewhat launched into the barest basics of the story of the Battle For Sludge Wave Coast, as well as his bit of advice for Elijah, during which time the rookie Trainer couldn't seem to find opportunity to respond to any of it. That being said, however, Elijah was quick to answer Tom's question about his Pokémon, even though his inexperience showed all the more in the process, between needing a moment to remember Fomantis as anything more than just seemingly a cross between a Lilligant and a Pawniard, and having something of a comment to make about the new and weird things his Porygon seemingly constantly did, and he topped it all off by voicing the hope that he hadn't forgotten to mention any other Pokémon in his response. Tom, however, was not one to judge Elijah for his inexperience- everyone had to start somewhere, after all- and so he merely nodded. "Sounds like an interestin' bunch ye gots to start with, fer certain," he stated. "Neither Porygon nor Fomantis be anythin' I gots much experience with meself, though- Pokémon o' the sea be more me sort o' thing," he said fairly. "Sounds to me like yer Porygon be somethin' of a handful, though," he added. "Lot o' Pokémon can be like that at first in their own ways," he shrugged. "Me Arrokuda be somethin' of a hothead hisself, has a tendency to just charge right in regardless o' whether it be a good idea, but we're workin' on it. A process, it be," he stated sagely.

After that, however, Tom raised an eyebrow at Elijah's next words, the compliment to how well he was doing with "the whole pirate bit". Then, he chuckled. "Arr, har har har har... Arr, lad, this be no bit," he said. "True enough, I ain't no pirate, make no mistake about that, but me outfit, me manner o' speakin', this be normal fer me, matey," he stated. "Like me ol' man before me, and me grandfather before 'im, and on and on. The McPhiones be a proud seafarin' family, goin' way back to years long gone, and those of us what grew up afloat on the waves of Pacifidlog out in Hoenn found it all the easier to keep these sorts o' mannerisms alive 'n' well o'er the generations," he explained. "I takes no offense, fer the record," he added with a grin. "Ye ain't hardly the first to think me ways be an act, lad, and I'd be surprised ifn' ye'd be the last. If anything, yer reaction tells me that me old man'd be proud o' me." He took another sip of his Pepseadra, this one more sizable, and afterwards, Tom gave a small sigh, seemingly lost in thought about something.

Not for long, however- mere moments later, Tom shook his head as though to clear it. "Arrgh, but where be me manners?" he frowned. "Ain't like me at all to get this deep into conversation without introductions. Tom Maelstrom McPhione, at yer service," he stated, offering Elijah a handshake.
Old 12-26-2021, 10:28 PM   #31
blu3shift
Cascade Badge

Tom was quick to refute Elijah's claim about how he pulled off acting like a pirate pretty much flawlessly. He continued to prattle about a family tradition, some town in Hoenn that he hadn't really heard of, and his "old man." It was quickly becoming apparent that this guy was either really good at, and if it wasn't that, then...

He was actually a real dang pirate. Elijah silently wished that this had been the strangest thing that he'd bumped into all week.

But where were his manners? Tom was leaning in for an introductory handshake, and you don't exactly walk away from introductory handshakes. Elijah reached out to grab the pirate's hand—a little loosely, borrowing from his uncertain mood, but still enough to at least feign commitment to it.

"Name's, uh..." Elijah began before pausing for a moment. Should he introduce himself like that? For all he knew, he had a huge target painted on his back, even if he didn't know if anyone was aiming for it. And if word got out about what he'd left behind, then he'd have to do the dirty work of cleaning up the can of worms that it would open. And that would pretty much tank his entire career that he'd just started, and then, well... being a social pariah because of something that he didn't even really choose for himself didn't sound like a fun time.

"Just call me Elijah."

He really needed to work on his anxiety somewhere down the line before it came back to bite him.
Old 12-29-2021, 09:18 PM   #32
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Elijah was weirded out. That much Tom was certain of. And why wouldn't he be? Tom's mannerisms might make him come off like something of a weirdo, but he was no dummy- meeting some guy who talked and dressed like a pirate, and then being reassured that this wasn't just some act, well, that was not an everyday thing! Tom was acutely aware of this- as one could imagine, moreso than most other people could claim to be. The slight looseness of Elijah's handshake did not offend- a telltale sign of a man who was still trying to process what all was going on, and Tom knew it well. If anything, he appreciated the fact that the lad seemed to be still at least trying with the handshake at all.

Then came the time for Elijah to give his name, and he seemed to pause at this simple enough notion. That got old Tom to wondering, exactly what was going on with this guy? Events had transpired that left him believing Pokémon training was his only way forward. That much he knew. Exactly what these events were, on the other hand, that he had left Tom in the dark on, and the seasoned sailor wasn't about to pry, either- privacy was a precious resource indeed, and by no means did Tom intend to deprive anyone of theirs. But now with this guy hesitating to so much as give a name... well, you can see why it would pique Tom's curiosity more than a little. Was this guy putting up with more than just the natural stresses of your average rookie Trainer who was in the feeling like they're in over their head phase? Was he in some sort of trouble? What exactly was the whole story here, and how badly did the boy think said story would reflect on him? How much grim foreshadowing for the chapters ahead could be found in the story so far? Tom said nothing to indicate these thoughts he was thinking, but if Elijah looked, he'd see a bit of that concern reflected on the man's face.

Speaking of Elijah, he finally introduced himself as such. "Good to meet ye, Elijah, lad," Tom nodded in response, before he took another hearty sip of his Pepseadra. "Ahhh," he sighed, before looking back over at Elijah, and noticing as he did so, in light of the fact that he'd just downed more of his own beverage, that Elijah had nothing to drink himself. It was at this point Tom recalled all the difficulties Elijah had just recounted as the chaotic mess that was his first week as a Pokémon Trainer. Even something so simple as trying to find a place to stay had ended up dragging the rookie Trainer into an unexpected adventure. A stressful week for sure, and sometimes, a good meal, or even just something so simple as a refreshing beverage, was exactly what one needed when stressed out. "Hey, lad, if'n yer thinkin' anything on the menu here be to yer taste, ye just speaks up, aye? I'm buyin'," Tom offered.
Old 01-04-2022, 05:34 PM   #33
blu3shift
Cascade Badge

If there was one thing that Elijah was good at, it was paying attention to the people around him, and his present anxiety only served to keep that skill sharp. That's why he was quick to pick up on Tom's nearly imperceptible look of concern that flashed across his face; one that told him that maybe he should try to cover up his tracks a little more, because he sure wasn't doing a good job of keeping himself from pouring out his entire life story to some random stranger that he'd only just met. That and whatever escape plan he had from his own concerns was only making things worse.

Elijah took a deep breath and leaned back, a little too purposefully to look like he truly meant it, but he wasn't trying to win any contest for calming himself down. If anything, he just wanted to take the edge off and try to keep himself in the moment. Did Tom just say that he was offering a drink on himself? Elijah appreciated the gesture, but he wasn't going to just sit there and let other people push him around. Or drink. Getting wasted sounded like a nice opportunity to break away from everything, but he wouldn't even dare to try, even when things got desperate.

"Oh, uh, I think I'm good. I can foot the bill myself... somehow," he said, trying to be just a bit more assertive. "Honestly I'm not sure what kind of law got passed for me to get all of these trainer paychecks or whatever, but I kind of dig it. That being said, I don't really drink? In fact, I don't even know how I even got in here. Where I'm from you have to be at least twenty-one to even think about drinking, let alone stroll into a place like this.

"Come to think of it, I don't think I've even looked at the menu, either," he continued, dismissively chuckling with a slightly lighter air around him. "Serves me right for ducking in here without even knowing what I was doing. What's on there, anyway?"
Old 01-10-2022, 09:43 PM   #34
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Tom McPhione had been all around the world, and such a well-traveled man was certain to know a thing or two. And in Tom's case, one of those things was the surprisingly simple fact that sometimes, a nice meal could work wonders to help one relax and unwind. It was with that in mind that he
Elijah did not respond right away, instead taking a moment to lean back, take a deep breath, seemingly to calm himself down. Tom waited patiently during this- for sure, he knew, Elijah had to have a lot on his plate, and far be it from old Tom to add all the more stress on top of it all. When he did respond, however, it was to decline Tom's offer, stating he'd be able to somehow foot the bill himself, citing the typically actually pretty decent financial situation Trainers tended to find themselves in. In addition, he clarified he didn't actually drink, to which Tom gave a chuckle. "Fact o' the matter be, Elijah, neither do I. Leastways, not often," he chuckled. "Nay, me usual 'round here be naught but a good soda, so no judgement from ol' Tom on that front," he stated. "Me apologies if'n I insinuated it'd have to be somethin' alcoholic, t'weren't me intentions none at all. Honestly, ye'd be surprised," he added. "From what I seen, lot o' Trainers ain't that big on drinkin' themselves. Some are, but by and large, ye'll find that most any kind o' bar-like place in this land ain't gonna judge ye none fer not wantin' to drink, be ye legally allowed or otherwise. Thar be probably why ye ain't had no problem gettin' in, fer that matter," he added. "Gettin' in be fine, this place serves all kinds, but if'n ye were to ask the bartender fer a beer or somethin', then ye might be hittin' some rough waters there," he chuckled.

Following this, the subject went from the drinks to the food, whereupon Elijah inquired as to what was actually on the menu. Tom didn't actually have a copy of their menu to hand at the moment, but it should say something about how many times he must have been in here before that he was able to speak up and answer nonetheless. "Arr, well, they make some good sandwiches. A few friends o' mine swear by the bacon cheeseburgers 'round here. Me, I'll sometimes go fer their grilled cheese and Tamato soup, 'specially if it's a cold day, takes the chill right off. Far as what to drink," he added, raising his glass as he spoke, "hard to go wrong with a cold glass o' Pepseadra," he chuckled, before taking a sip. "Ahh. But, if'n soda be about as much to yer taste as booze, they got other options. Berry smoothies, milkshakes, Nomel-ade, Fresh Water... pretty sure they do coffee, too, though I ain't tried it meself- wouldn't mind seein' how theirs stacks up to what ye can gets in the Starboks 'cross the street one o' these days," he added thoughtfully. "Arr, but never mind that fer now- that's 'bout the shape o' what I recall them havin' off the top o' me head. Any o' that sound good to ye, lad?" the well-meaning sailor asked.
Old 01-26-2022, 11:33 PM   #35
blu3shift
Cascade Badge

Elijah pondered over Tom's suggestions for a bit before beginning to stand up from his chair. "You know what? A cheeseburger sounds good right about now. Been running around here for days now, a little taste of home might be what I need." He left to order at the bar at the back of the room, surprisingly feeling a little more relaxed than how he was when he came in. He still was anxious enough to hope that something wasn't going to happen by the time that he sat back down at the table, but it was a relatively minuscule concern compared to the food that he was ordering.

Eventually Elijah returned with the aforementioned meal and a Pepseadra, taking a bite out of the former. It was surprisingly really good for a burger at a bar that he'd never even heard of, but it wasn't enough to rival the burger joint back home at Mode and 1st. They probably didn't sell Casteliacones here either, but Elijah was too focused on his meal to ask. He swallowed his food before speaking. "Huh, you were right, this rules. Probably going to have to run this off, though." Elijah cracked a joking grin before returning to his food.

Eventually, he decided to speak up again, his burger mostly eaten. "So, you got any plans? I'm free for now and I've got nothing better to do except for sitting here."
Old 02-08-2022, 02:14 AM   #36
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Elijah had taken his time, considering the options before him, before conceding that a cheeseburger might be exactly what he needed, voicing the possibility of the nostalgia factor coming into play. Tom gave a nod as Elijah stood up and headed off towards the back to order, allowing himself a slight smile as he took another sip of his Pepseadra. "Yarr. The lad seems a bit more relaxed already," he observed, though he said this only to himself. The wait for Elijah to return was uneventful, which the young Trainer probably found quite welcome, all things considered. Indeed, he returned with burger in hand, as well as a Pepseadra of his own. He took a bite of the burger and immediately found that he agreed with Tom- the burgers here were good eating. He chuckled at the joke about having to run it off afterwards. "Oh, aye, ye ain't the first to have such high praise o' their burgers, and for certain ye won't be the last," he nodded. "Been all o'er the world, I have, and one thing I can tells ye fer certain, it's that oftentimes it be the little out o' the way restaurants what that'll surprise ye."

Silence fell following that nugget of wisdom, but not the awkward kind- rather, the sort of silence that one simply expects when people are just enjoying their food and drink, their mouths quite simply too occupied to really consider holding further conversation. And indeed, Tom was content to sip away at his Pepseadra while Elijah ate his cheeseburger. Minutes later, it was Elijah who broke the silence, and only when he had very little left of his burger to consume, speaking up to ask Tom if he had any plans, because he, Elijah, certainly didn't have anything going on at the moment. "Arr, nothin' goin' on fer ol' Tom today, lad," Tom shrugged. "Swung by here fer a little bit on me way back home. In fact," he added after a moment of consideration, "we could pick up our Pokémon from the Tree Grove, head on out to Sludge Wave Coast together. Nice little coastal town it be. Don't let the name put ye off, neither- the man what that founded the town be big on Poison-type Pokémon, is the story there. Town's packed full o' Pokémon Trainers from all walks o' life, some newer at it than others, ain't no doubt ye could try and learn a thing or two were ye so inclined. Matter o' fact, if'n yer still lookin' out fer a place to stay, thar's always rooms at the Pokémon Center. Stayed a whole week in one meself when I first showed up in town- some o' the best night's sleeps I e'er had," he grinned. "Yer call, though, Elijah, lad," he added as he produced a wallet from a jacket pocket, proceeding to excavate from within the necessary funds to not only pay for the food and drink but also leave a generous tip.
Old 02-24-2022, 04:58 PM   #37
blu3shift
Cascade Badge

The invitation seemed enticing; a reprieve from all the twists and turns that were plaguing Elijah sounded like an excellent idea to him at first. Upon second thought, however, it was kind of a raw deal. He was looking for alone time, not get-wrapped-in-yet-another-wild-scheme time. Setting down his drink, and almost reaching for his wallet before he noticed Tom withdrawing a few bills from his, Elijah resolved to decline.

"Thanks, but I think I'm gonna have to turn you down on that one," he said. "Nothing against you, it's just that I have other things that I have to get done." What was to be done was mostly beyond him aside from picking up his Pokémon back at the Tree Grove and heading back to the hotel. Maybe he'd grab something else on the way, too; coffee sounded pretty good to him at the moment.

He wasn't about to shut the opportunity down for good, though. "Maybe I can visit later. You mind telling me where Sludge Wave Coast is?" He asked, un-pocketing his Pokédex and sliding it open.
Old 03-01-2022, 03:58 AM   #38
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Elijah, in all fairness, gave Tom's offer all due consideration, but in the end turned it down all the same- enticing as the offer had been, what he wanted at the moment was alone time. He made sure to emphasize that it wasn't anything against Tom, that he, Elijah, simply had other things he had to get done, and the sailor, by the looks of it, took no offense, nodding understandingly. "No worries, lad," he replied. "Offer always be on the table, fer when ye've less on yer plate."

Seemingly in acknowledgement of this reassurance, Elijah took out his Pokédex, slid it open, and asked Tom where exactly he could find Sludge Wave Coast in the first place, an answer Tom was very happy to provide an answer to, and right away at that. "Yarr- the town be hard on the east coast o' the Fizzytopian mainland," Tom said at once. "...Bein' more specific," he added (for indeed, Fizzytopia was a rather immense region; just saying the town was on the east coast didn't really narrow it down all that much!), "Big Fizzytopian shoppin' district couple o' towns over, name o' Yupien City, ye'll wanna leave there to the southeast, puts ye on Route 2. Can't miss it, neither, the routes be numbered good and clearly. Ye follows that, pretty straightforward path, connects ye to Route 1. Ye heads east along that, and yer there," he stated. "If ye hits the Southern Forest, ye took the left turn too late, but ye just heads north from there and ye'll find the place just fine. Preferably along the forest's edge, methinks- oh, aye, ye could cut right through, but the wild Farfetch'd in there've been known to steal from travelers, and if'n ye asks me, last thing anyone needs be that kind o' stress pilin' up on top o' all else what that they might got goin' on," Tom nodded firmly. "Long as ye steer clear o' the forest, they ought leave ye alone, though," he added fairly. "Honestly, methinks I'm makin' a mountain out of a Diglett hill here," he chuckled. "While I feels it's fair to warn ye of 'em, it's not often one actually runs afoul o' them foul fowl."

Tom stood up, groaning as he stretched. "Might as well be on me own way by now," he stated. "Gots me some Pokémon to pick up from the Tree Grove in any case. Maybe pickin' 'em up a mite early, but Dratini's been sheddin' 'is skin more an' more these days- sure sign an evolution be on the horizon, and that'd be a terrible shame to miss. Yarr... ain't seemed like that long ago I caught the lil' guy," he remarked reminiscently. "Already gearin' up fer evolution- little pool noodle'll end up a Dragonite before I knows it," he chuckled. "Arrgh. Anyways, t'was good to meet ye, Elijah, lad," he said, getting his mind back on the matter at hand. "Hopin' to see ye again one o' these days." And he offered the young Trainer a handshake at this point.
Old 03-07-2022, 05:30 PM   #39
blu3shift
Cascade Badge

Elijah just barely managed to keep up with Tom's directions, fingers flying in all sorts of wild angles as he fervently tapped letter after letter into the note that he was composing on his Pokédex. East coast, southwest of Youpian City, east on Route 1, avoid the forest and whatever the hell a "Farfetched" was... to be honest, he probably didn't need that much information, and Tom was more than aware of that too, admitting that he was "making a mountain out of a Digglet hill" (didn't he mean "Drilbur hill?") shortly afterward.

After that, when Tom got up and offered his hand, Elijah took it, and ever so slightly regretted it when he realized that his grip was absolutely pitiful compared to the seasoned trainer-pirate. Smiling through an imperceptibly pained expression and a fairly weak handshake, he let go, seeing him off with a "you too" in response to Tom's voiced whim to meet again eventually. Elijah, of course, stayed behind; he wasn't exactly done with his drink yet and he wanted to have some time to himself to think before he went back to the Tree Grove to pick up his own Pokémon.

...Who knew that pirates were that inspiring?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Free RP Zones