UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 12-29-2014, 12:12 PM   #1301
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercutio View Post
When I tried to capture Spiritomb it immediately used Memento having been Yawned lol.
Much the same.

Deoxys really conveniently barely survives one Dragon Pulse from Mega RayQuay, and doesn't have a particularly difficult catch rate. Like, do D Pulse, swap to something status abuse and then start throwing balls at it.
Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 12:38 PM   #1302
Mercutio
Banned

Yeah but I'd rather go back to it later with a space in the party and no cutscene.

Whoever wrote this game is an arse.
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 01:54 PM   #1303
Heather
Naga's Voice

I saw level 80 and expected it to be able to handle Dragon Ascent. I WAS WRONG.

Also why they didnt make some balls crazy thing happen when PrimalGroudon/Kyogre ar on the field together is beyond me. Rather than making it DUO OF DESTRUCTION they end up having no synergy and the slower one nerfs the faster one if you've got both out in a double battle. But I banked over my Groudon from SS that had been siting in Y for so long to AS, filled out its moveset and got Precipice Blades to boot, and gave it the Red Orb. PRIMAL GROUDON WITH ERUPTION AW YEAH

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park

Last edited by Heather; 12-29-2014 at 02:00 PM.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 02:08 PM   #1304
Kuvario
Mysterious Knight

The real question is why would you use them both in a Double battle and expecting them to have great synergy. Look at it this way, normal Kyorge and Groudon also have bad synergy. But that's the point, you don't use a Water type while your teammate uses Sunny Day. They're opposites to every degree.

Just my two cents here.
Kuvario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 02:33 PM   #1305
Heather
Naga's Voice

Yeah when they got summoned together in Emerald it was constantly shifting between sun and rain. Something like that would have been awesome.

Quote:
Old 12-29-2014, 02:57 PM   #1306
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

Send a message via Skype™ to Whimsy
But then that'd ruin the point of the pair of them having permanent, unchangeable weather.

Spoiler: show
Fizzy Bubbles Profile/Whimlist/ASB/Wild Future
Inactive Ref, laziness op~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost™ View Post
In Mother 3 Swampy was Flint and you were Hinawa. You two were a wonderful couple. Icarus was your dog, and Toy and I were your twin sons. Well, until a dinosaur impaled you through the heart. So yes, where is he!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Panda View Post
#still
#fucking
#salty

Whimsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 05:34 PM   #1307
Heather
Naga's Voice

It doesn't make sense for one to just cancel the other when it has been canonically shown that neither can fully cancel the other permanently.

Quote:
Old 12-29-2014, 07:56 PM   #1308
dirkac
uhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myles Fowl II View Post
It doesn't make sense for one to just cancel the other when it has been canonically shown that neither can fully cancel the other permanently.
Yes but that was Drought/Drizzle not Desolate Lands/Whatever Kyogre has again.
dirkac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 08:59 PM   #1309
ROFLMAO
Thunder Badge

And just like that my motivation to play Pokemon is completely gone. Another broken save file when I woke up this morning. Have tried a variety of things to try and fix it, nothing works. RIP once more, AS. I don't think I'll be playing you again.
Wins- 24 ~ Losses- 14 ~ Draws- 1
TP- 154 KOs- 52 SP- 15
Current Number of Pokemon on the Squad: 38

Friend Codes:
Y/Smash Bros- (I pay more attention to this one :P) FS- Gabite, Noibat, Druddigon; 1993-9521-9013

X- FS- Gyarados, Bibarel, Poliwhirl; 0645-5911-9507
ROFLMAO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 10:55 PM   #1310
Kuvario
Mysterious Knight

Sorry to hear about that ROFL, I guess you got a bad copy simply. Is there any way to fix it though? I recall there being a way to fix digital games through the eShop.
Old 01-01-2015, 06:49 AM   #1311
ROFLMAO
Thunder Badge

Yeah, I tried that a couple of times too, still no good :<
I've bought another SD card and am moving 3DS stuff to it now, if this doesn't work...
TP- 154 KOs- 52 SP- 15

Friend Codes:
Y/Smash Bros- (I pay more attention to this one :P) FS- Gabite, Noibat, Druddigon; 1993-9521-9013

Old 01-01-2015, 09:15 AM   #1312
Kuvario
Mysterious Knight

Do your other digital games still work fine though? If they do, then the only problem is just with your downloaded version of Alpha Sapphire. Did you delete and download it again?
Old 01-01-2015, 09:25 AM   #1313
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
Do your other digital games still work fine though? If they do, then the only problem is just with your downloaded version of Alpha Sapphire.
This may be true but isn't the only possible explanation. Disk memory, whether magnetic tape or solid state, doesn't typically fail all at once. Sectors go bad one at a time. It's possible that he's lost several unused sectors already (and doesn't know it because he hasn't yet gotten far enough on the card to use them). And it's possible that of the sectors he has used that the only one that's degraded so far is the one linked to Alpha Sapphire. Give it enough time and he may witness other sectors beginning to fail as well. This explanation isn't any more proven correct than yours. I'm just saying, we don't have enough information yet to really know for certain whether he has a pristine card with a shitty AS download or a crappy card that is going to cost him additional data as time goes on.

Frankly, if he gets a new SD card and the save file issues continue to happen, it will give him a more persuasive case to Nintendo Customer Support for a full refund for his digital purchase of the game. Since SD cards are relatively cheap and he may as well upgrade to a much larger one right now anyway (given his demonstrated fondness for digital downloads), I see getting a new SD card as a win/win for him in his current situation.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 01:32 AM   #1314
ROFLMAO
Thunder Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
This may be true but isn't the only possible explanation. Disk memory, whether magnetic tape or solid state, doesn't typically fail all at once. Sectors go bad one at a time. It's possible that he's lost several unused sectors already (and doesn't know it because he hasn't yet gotten far enough on the card to use them). And it's possible that of the sectors he has used that the only one that's degraded so far is the one linked to Alpha Sapphire. Give it enough time and he may witness other sectors beginning to fail as well. This explanation isn't any more proven correct than yours. I'm just saying, we don't have enough information yet to really know for certain whether he has a pristine card with a shitty AS download or a crappy card that is going to cost him additional data as time goes on.

Frankly, if he gets a new SD card and the save file issues continue to happen, it will give him a more persuasive case to Nintendo Customer Support for a full refund for his digital purchase of the game. Since SD cards are relatively cheap and he may as well upgrade to a much larger one right now anyway (given his demonstrated fondness for digital downloads), I see getting a new SD card as a win/win for him in his current situation.
Definitely not the SD card, this happened on a new SD card I bought after last time :s I've contacted Nintendo Customer Support, just waiting on their reply now (Hopefully they do quickly, I leave Japan in 10 days! :P)
TP- 154 KOs- 52 SP- 15

Friend Codes:

Old 01-02-2015, 06:43 AM   #1315
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Oh, didn't realize you had gotten a new card already. Well, it is technically still possible that the new card was bad on arrival, so I still wouldn't say that we know at this time with utmost certainty that the problem lies with the digital download. But that theory does seem to take the lead at this point. Although I can find little when Googling for problems of this nature.
Old 01-02-2015, 12:00 PM   #1316
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Nuzlocke update, yays!

My earlier gripe with Wattson was negated by my God Tier Voltorb soloing him at level 21, thanks to Charge Beam and tanking VS with Eerie Impulse. That move needs much more love, and reminds me of my Black nuzlocke Elesa solo with Torment Sandile. I got a Numel in the Fiery Path and shaky grassed a motherfucking SKARMORY in Route 113 (bootiful music I'll add) and then carried on through to Meteor Falls, where I caught a Lunatone. And then I reached Mt. Chimney and fought Archie.

Sorry, I meant FUCK SWAGGER. Sharpedo's lack of water moves was negated by the fact half my time was spent switching out of fucking Screech and Swagger, and I follow Smogon's ban of said move very strongly now. No deaths, just sheer annoyance. The deaths come with said Lunatone biting more than I could chew with that Expert (that alone is a sign of a nuzfucker) and her Hariyama, who tanked Moonblast and Vital Threw him dead. Almost took my Voltorb switch in as well (one HP left, bro tier obtained) but I did get a Future Sight Spoink, then realised Flannery was going to be an equal bitch.

Simple Numel negated those feelings, scoring OHKOes on her entire team, even Torkoal. That felt good. The trainers were a bigger worry, with Linoone tanking not one, but two crit STAB Overheats. I revived my Anorith fossil because I already had a grass type in Grovyle and felt the bug offensive and Battle Armor would be better, going into Petalburg gym and the last trainer. Grovyle had Low Sweep against Zangoose, and felt the 2HKO would be easy enough at equal levels, and so went to town debuffing while it got that X Attack on it.

Slash.

Full HP to 0 in a single hit. No crits, just straight up OHKO. Dead starter.

I took the gloves off and ripped Norman to shreds with SD Skarm, but the victory was pyrrhic, and my sole compensation is my Petalburg catch being a Careful Huge Power Azumarill, already packing Aqua Tail and Play Rough. Jesus christ, like the game's saying sorry. Too bad, that bullshit starter death was the last straw, and I refuse to Easy Share the game.

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 03:19 PM   #1317
Heather
Naga's Voice

I was hideously over leveled for basically my entire Nuzlocke. My advice is to grind to levels you remember from the originals. If you can't remember those for a gym, fight one gym trainer, take their Pokemon's level, add about 3-5 to that for the Gym Leaders approximate levels, then grind five or so levels above that. Boom, you are now over leveled as hell for the present gym. For the Pokemon Eagun, get yourself equilevel ex with the Kaos Pokemon League after clearing the game the first time (around mid 60s). They will fall like dominoes, until you hit Metagross. Something with a really powerful EQ is not only recommended, but necessary, to prevent him from sweeping you.

And if you grind Marshtomp enough it gets Protect naturally and you can proceed to Easy Mode Norman. Just make sure you have at least one or two Leppas before that, though, those Slaking can tank.

Quote:
Old 01-04-2015, 03:27 PM   #1318
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
>overgrinding in nuzlockes

But that sucks the fun out of the damn things being stupidly overlevelled. And mid 60s for the Hoenn League is fair...if you're a pussy australian censorslut. Sure, Megagross seems pretty fucking scary but I'm confident I'll find a way round him when I get there. My team's solid enough and I'm at that stage of Hoenn where I'm Surfing now, so the next gym won't be in the least bit hard.

And yes, I already beat norman. Did you not see the bit where I used Swords Dance Skarmory to ruin his day?

Unruly Premonition.
Old 01-04-2015, 03:41 PM   #1319
Heather
Naga's Voice

I saw that, yes. Just chipping in how I won that gym.

Now the over leveling was an accident turned habit that I didn't always follow up on. It started with Prepping for originals!Brawly only to find his team taken down 3 levels, and as I continued to rely on my memory of the originals, I was let down more and more. I skipped out on this with Flannery as I couldn't be bothered to go through Jagged Pass six million times, and I knew WALLACE would be about equal with Kyogre and I was ready enough for that. Wallace was indeed about mid 40s or so, so I expected around a 15-level gap or something of that nature...to find that the gap between Wallace and Sidney is a whopping FIVE LEVELS. While I got myself five levels over a 15 step to ensure minimum difficulty with the E4 as getting TPK'd would make me so horribly screwed (like going back to before Fortree to grind). As such, I ended up towering over Sidney and the entire League.

TL;DR: Basically I relied way too much on hazy memory of the originals and ended up severely over leveled without meaning to be

Quote:
Old 01-04-2015, 05:01 PM   #1320
Selena
Aroma Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myles Fowl II View Post

And if you grind Marshtomp enough it gets Protect naturally and you can proceed to Easy Mode Norman. Just make sure you have at least one or two Leppas before that, though, those Slaking can tank.
This, so much this. On my first run through I was facing Norman and loosing horribly. Somehow I managed to kill vigoroth with marshtomb having 10 hp left (and my last mon). Marshtomb gained a level and learned protect. Right at the moment I needed it most. Wonderful feeling and the best timed learning of a move ever outside of the anime.

B- grade ref.
Quote:
Originally Posted by empoleon dynamite View Post
Shouldn’t the Hoff be doing something if he’s still around? I have strict rules about leaving the pool, and I’m sure vanishing the pool out of existence breaks those rules in some way :P
Selena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 06:37 PM   #1321
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selena View Post
This, so much this. On my first run through I was facing Norman and loosing horribly. Somehow I managed to kill vigoroth with marshtomb having 10 hp left (and my last mon). Marshtomb gained a level and learned protect. Right at the moment I needed it most. Wonderful feeling and the best timed learning of a move ever outside of the anime.
That honestly seems like an anime moment. That sounds pretty grand.
Old 01-04-2015, 06:42 PM   #1322
Kuvario
Mysterious Knight

Funnily enough, my Grovyle actually took down Norman's Slaking with an Overgrow powered up Leaf Blade, just like what actually happened in the anime, I think.
Old 01-04-2015, 07:04 PM   #1323
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

>talking of awesome starter moments

GEE THANKS FOR THE SALT

MY WOUNDS NEEDED THAT.

Unruly Premonition.
Old 01-04-2015, 07:40 PM   #1324
Heather
Naga's Voice

I have no better luck with Grasses in my Nuzlockes, man. I put Lilli (Lombre) away as she was falling behind due to a lack of a water stone and not wanting her to die because of it like my Roselia in Pearl did, courtesy of a self destructing Geodude while training a Ponyta., which I will always resent greatly.

Quote:
Old 01-05-2015, 04:32 PM   #1325
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

*grumbles about losing 2 good mons, one being that awesome Camerupt to retard Spinda bullshit Teeter Dance after Slaking Chip Away*

The game tried saying sorry with a Head Smash Safari Donphan, but the damage has been done, fuck you Kate and Joy. I'm now facing a few more grass catches before a diet of seafood awaits me and my sore lack of special coverage.

Unruly Premonition.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON