UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out

Old 12-09-2012, 06:12 AM   #1
SoS
Ducks gonna duck

Jumpluff The Apology Thread

Hey guys. So, I've felt like there's been quite a bit of bitterness rolling around the forum lately, for various reasons. As such, I thought it might be a good idea to start a thread to clear the air between people.

This isn't the only option. If anyone decides they'd rather do it by PM etc, by all means, go right ahead. I for one am just sick of all the bad atmosphere in the community that I always thought was tight-knit and friendly - and it is, most of the time. This thread is for those minor instances when things turn sour. Arguments get personal, insults fly, all that sort of thing.

I'll start. I know I certainly have the propensity to swear in my posts frequently, and to those of you who are offended by that, and to the younger users, I'm sorry. I will try to be a little more responsible.

EDIT: If anyone can show me how to do a special post icon at the side of the thread title in the subforum, that would be cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son_of_Shadows View Post
Because I look damn good in a dress.
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future

Last edited by SoS; 12-09-2012 at 06:31 AM.
SoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:51 PM   #2
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Well, I don't know if I've ever actually offended anyone like this... but I'm sure some of you notice that I tend to come across as rather impatient regarding other people posting in the Bar and related RPing threads. I'm sorry for this. I'll admit I can get a little impatient about these things, but I really shouldn't be letting it show the way I do. I know we all have lives outside FB, and it's selfish for me to want these things to move along at such a rapid pace...

SoS: I for one don't mind swearing in the slightest, so you've never offended me. As for the icon next to the thread title, I think that has to be added when you first make the thread. If you want to add one in afterwards, I'm pretty sure you have to get a mod to do it. I'm not 100% on this, though.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:49 AM   #3
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

I think another thing I might owe some of you an apology for would be my greed regarding the acquiring of new Pokemon. I shouldn't really be going crazy trying to score new Pokemon when I already have, at the time of this post, 33 of them. Not when there's the possibility of someone else with fewer Pokemon who wants it just as badly. I mean, granted, in the case of stuff like Trubbish and Nidoran, stuff at the very top of my want list, I could argue that I want it more, but I still shouldn't be trying to hog just about every other hatched Pokemon for myself. I nearly adopted a Shroomish and got in on a raffle for a Tauros, neither of those Pokemon are even on my Cable Club list. And of course, I got a little angry when I learned that Tess traded away her Nidoran when it wasn't exactly a secret that I wanted it, and, well, I shouldn't have. I mean, I hope you all understand why I got upset over that- Nidoran, the male in particular, is a Pokemon I've been after in FB for years, after all. But it doesn't excuse me getting furious over one getting traded to someone else, who, for all I know, could be in the same boat I am, could also have wanted one for years. So, yeah. I'm not sure if any of you are actually unhappy with me over this sort of thing, but if that is indeed the case, then I'm sorry.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:10 PM   #4
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

If you guys would like me to ask Tess to delete the thread I created for FB X and Y spoilers, I will be more than happy to. I want us to be able to have the freedom to discuss what we like, but not if it's going to create this much conflict and division within our community and upset those outside of it. I sincerely apologize if my efforts to try to come to a compromise between having a spoiler-free TO and having the opportunity to discuss spoilers in FB came across as an attempt to sequester ourselves from the rest of the community. The intent was to give people a place in the TO to discuss spoilers, since spoiler tags were discouraged and I thought it was unfair to stop all X and Y talk in FB, but if people would rather the thread not exist, then I will gladly have it deleted.

Also, Talon, while I did my best to explain to you why I did not mean what I said as character defamation, I apologize if I came off as harsh or vicious. The issue of the TO (even just the general TO thread) is one I feel strongly about, so my language, even if not intended to insult, was strong. I just don't want to see our community denied the right to chat amongst ourselves when there are much friendlier, nicer ways to encourage community development outside of FB in the general forums than to ask for our TO thread to be deleted.

Also, in general, I apologize if I've been overly opinionated and overbearing when it comes to how I feel about things. It's a part of my character to be analytical and forthright, but I realize that these traits can potentially create conflict.
Marion Ette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:13 PM   #5
Mercutio
Banned

Dropping in to say that this is quite a good idea, even if the subject matter might prickle some people
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:38 PM   #6
SoS
Ducks gonna duck

Oh hey, we have an icon now. Thanks, whichever mod added the adorable Jumpluff!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son_of_Shadows View Post
Because I look damn good in a dress.
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
SoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:49 PM   #7
MarbleZone
Soul Badge

Just dropping by to apologize for being a little confrontational when something irks me. For the most part I can pipe down, and when I do argue I try to fold quickly, but lately it hasn't been easy; I have somewhat of a temper and work has been keeping me on edge a bit. Sorry if I've upset anybody or contributed to some of those infamous TO tension moments recently. Don't wanna be considered an arrogant prick; not by you guys anyway. :P
Old 06-08-2013, 11:09 AM   #8
Green Zubat
Boulder Badge

OK, so I've had some time to cool off now and I think, in light of my outburst at Talon yesterday, some apologies are in order.

Firstly, I want to apologise to the FB community in general for being a humongous dick yesterday. I was being very petty and immature yesterday, and none of you should have had to witness that. But you did, and I can't change it now, so all I can say is that I'm sorry, and I hope you can all forgive me.

I also want to apologise specifically to Talon. I don't what possessed me last night, but I should never have attacked you like I did. My accusations were rude and totally uncalled for, and I'm sorry.

Credit to Missingno. Master for creating this lovely team snap for my sig

Last edited by Green Zubat; 06-08-2013 at 11:17 AM.
Green Zubat is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out