Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Gym Battles

Old 08-17-2015, 09:37 AM   #51
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Schadenfreude
ROUND 13: Heavy Crown

ROUND 13: Heavy Crown
Hitmonchan vs Golurk

Apollo77 and KamenAeons glance at each other. The Gym Leader is arguably making questionable calls: although Ippo wants a breather, Apollo77 chooses to expend his flimsy window of opportunity on a taxing attack such as Focus Punch. What will Lady Luck say about this situation. Hunkering down, Ippo coalesces a gargantuan of power into his fists, which glimmer like kindled ambers. Ippo may have underestimated the consuming nature of preparing this attack, though. Indeed, several, precious seconds pass, while the more refreshed Golurk strives against its mild form of confusion. Although the confusion flummoxes Gipsy Danger, the Golurk finds a stroke of luck and starts sheathing its body in Steel power. Being more refreshed than your opponent has its advantages, after all. While Ippo squanders time preparing a ridiculous attack, Gipsy Danger lurches forward.

With a Heavy crown, Gipsy Danger pummels Ippo, Slamming the Hitmoncah into the floor. Gipsy Danger compresses Ippo, who cries and loses the intense concentration required for the Gym Leader's technique. Whimpering underneath the immense Golurk, Ippo tries to free himself. However, the lower half of his body remains pinned under the Golurk, who presses down like a landslide. Ippo's only consolation is that his arms retain some mobility. Despite his agonising wounds, Ippo steadies his breath and segues into his next technique. Bringing his hands together, Ippo garners a maelstrom of heady energy, which he Focuses into a singular sphere. Gritting, Ippo thrusts the orb which explodes over Gipsy Danger. When the Blast crashes Gipsy Danger against the cage, perishing pain pulses through the Golurk's head, clearing it of any lingering vestiges of weakened confusion. Gipsy Danger gasps.

Freed from the confines of a troubled mind, Gipsy Danger looms over the panting Ippo. The intrepid Hitmonchan sends a troubled look at Gipsy Danger, who offers no respite. Indeed, Gipsy Danger has only one agenda: absolute victory. Summoning a Hidden Power, Gipsy Danger coalesces a constellation of shimmering orbs, which hang and orbit the Golurk like the planets of the solar system. When Gipsy Danger hurls the iridescent spheres at Ippo, the haggard Hitmonchan cannot escape in time. The globes explode over him in a deluge of Flying energy, soliciting sharp shrieks of pain from the beleaguered boxer. After the dust settles, Ippo teeters for an evanescent moment. He totters, before he collapses from his folding knees. Perhaps if Apollo77 ordered a tired Pokémon to utilise a less time-consuming move than Focus Punch, Ippo may have won this match-up. But for now, the Substitute-less fighter faints.

Ippo has been KOed and cannot battle. Apollo77, please send out your next Pokémon.

Although Gipsy Danger is okay for two, the Golurk has expended more than half its Steel offtype and all of its Flying reserves, plunging below the midpoint for overall energy. Gipsy Danger also teeters over critical health.

-Apollo77 to send out.
Schadenfreude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 09:43 AM   #52
Apollo77
Done With Your Shit

Send a message via Skype™ to Apollo77
Should I really have been that tired though, considering I had a one-move round three rounds before this one? (Plus energy returns from Spirit Badge)
Apollo77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 10:17 PM   #53
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo77 View Post
Should I really have been that tired though, considering I had a one-move round three rounds before this one? (Plus energy returns from Spirit Badge)
You weren't super tired, but you were slightly more tired than Gipsy. Also, the Spirit Badge wasn't active for the non-physical attacks, which were more often than you may think. Also, 3 rounds is a long time. I really wish you didn't go for that Sub, mate.

The biggest issue, though, was the Focus Punch. It is a time-consuming attack, very much so, and even a small interruption causes the FC version to fail. Had you gone with another attack, you most likely would've succeeded. Also, I gave Kamen a small roll to ascertain whether his mild confusion would thwart him, and you got lucky.

Does this answer your questions?
Old 08-18-2015, 09:27 AM   #54
Apollo77
Done With Your Shit

Yeah, that makes sense. (Sorry I'm poking around so much, I guess I'm trying to make up for my mistakes.)

Return, Ippo, the blame is on me. No more messing around now, Banzai, let's get crazy!

Dark Pulse to finish him and even things out right away. Another Dark Pulse if he isn't down.
Old 08-18-2015, 10:28 AM   #55
KamenAeons
ROASTY ROASTY

Try to pull off an Elbow Rocket, using the interval granted by him being winded lightly to deliver a Drain Punch!

If we go down, we go down in flames!

Spoiler: show

Yukirin is awesome for doing this for me! And by Yukirin, I mean lilbleucorsola.
3DS FC: 1607 2923 7949

The Kamen Fleet (TL5 / A- Grade Referee) | Cameron Kalmia: Viridian's Maskmaker
Hizumi Yukikaze: Emerald Breeze~ | Tokikou Nobuyuki: Time Mage
Ludger Bullenaar: Bastion of Raji City | Helena Levinton: Violet Stitching
Shizuya Kasen: SHSL Armourer

Waifu Squadron and Explorers | Cavern of Chaotic Creativity

Paradise lies beyond the horizon, challenge it because it is unreachable.
Speak of the absolute territory, and grasp it with your hands.

SAAVE ME

FLOOF AND MOFUMOFU JUSTICE! *WHACK*

"Quit poking my face! >_<"
"Ahahaha, you'll never get rid of this! *hiss*"

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

"That was a terrible idea. But holy carp, this tastes pretty nice."

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Love burns brightly for one and all.

Please don't diss idols or fluffy things in my presence.
KamenAeons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 03:34 AM   #56
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge

ROUND 14: Pulses

ROUND 14: Pulses
Pangoro vs Golurk

After he collects his downed Hitmonchan, Apollo77 releases another Pokéball, unleashing a scowling panda into the cage. The burly bear, coated in downy black-and-white fur, clenches his muscles and chews on a stick of bamboo, as she trills a delicate melody. Overall, his gruff demeanour reminds the onlookers of a vigilante. The referee clears his throat and addresses the battlers.

"Here is the data on Apollo77's Pokémon," he says, opening up a datapad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokédex
Pangoro (Fighting/Dark): Pangoro chew a branch in their mouths, able to use it to sense the vibrations in the air to locate targets, similarly to a Psychic-type's ability to locate targets. They are quite intolerant of bullying or making fun, and if they or an ally is taunted or provoked, they will be under the effects of the move as well, but will also gain a significant boost in attack.
[Fighting]: Fighting-type Pokémon train extensively, more than any other Pokémon type, which gives them greater endurance and readiness than other Pokémon and allows them to push themselves harder for longer. They are more accurate with their physical blows and are more adept at blocking and countering the physical strikes of attackers. They fight more enthusiastically in urban environments but are not adversely affected by more natural surroundings.
[Dark]: Dark-types can see in the dark. They fight more enthusiastically at night and are more effective at hiding in dark environments than other Pokémon, though light does not adversely affect them. They are immune to the damaging effects of Psychic-type energy but may still be lifted and manipulated by telekinesis. They are slightly better at tricking opponents than other Pokémon.
As soon as the referee finishes speaking, Banzai the Pangoro seizes the initiative. Being far more energetic, Banzai claps his hands together before Gipsy Danger can blink. Between his fingertips burgeons a sphere within which Dark essences roil and coil. When Banzai thrusts forward, the glittery orb explodes like a bomb, and the imbued energies Pulse towards Gipsy Danger. Although Gipsy Danger would like to perform its own counterattack, gathering a major amount of energy, regardless of how quick the Golurk can then throw a punch, consumes some time. Time that a Golurk with less than half the energy of Banzai perhaps does not possess. Unable to swing an Elbow Rocket, Gipsy Danger gasps and recoils when the eruption of swivelling Darkness clouts the Golurk.

Pain blossoms like a fire-lily, and Gipsy Danger crumples. Maybe if Kamen ordered an Astonish or a Phantom, less energy-intensive moves, the Golurk could've survived. Nevertheless, Gipsy closes its eyes. As a case of a Trainer playing not safely enough, Gipsy Danger surrenders to the horrendous pain rending its body. The super-effective blow sizzles Gipsy Danger, who respires and surrenders in a final pulse that almost resembles a heartbeat in its hollow chest.

Gipsy Danger has been KOed and cannot battle. KamenAeons7, please send out your next Pokémon.

Banzai has spent little energy and is fresh in both senses of the word.

-KamenAeons to send out.
Old 08-19-2015, 05:43 AM   #57
KamenAeons
ROASTY ROASTY

Brilliant work, Gipsy! Return to base for repairs!

Take the reins, Folka!

Maintain your distance, lobbing a Mid Charge Focus Blast at Banzai, then show that repetition leads to more training with another Mid Charge Focus Blast if he keeps his distance! If he comes close, trip him up by ducking down and Low Kick instead of your skill!

Yukirin is awesome for doing this for me! And by Yukirin, I mean lilbleucorsola.

SAAVE ME

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Last edited by KamenAeons; 08-19-2015 at 05:49 AM.
Old 08-19-2015, 02:25 PM   #58
Apollo77
Done With Your Shit

Alright Banzai, let's do what we do best: SMASH!

Ride a Magic!Surf Wave up and over the Focus Blast, crashing into him afterwards. Follow that up with a Body Slam, pinning him down.
Old 08-21-2015, 05:57 AM   #59
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge

ROUND 15: Cannonball

ROUND 15: Cannonball
Pangoro vs Primeape

Retrieving the unconscious Golurk, KamenAeons tosses a Pokéball which clicks open to release a splurge of crimson light. Red energy flashes across the cage, and a sprightly monkey materialises. As the creature puffs his fluffy chest, two boxing gloves cover the primate's fists. Tawny fur covers the Fighter's rotund body, giving the referee a sense of a deja vu. Indeed, the referee is immediately reminded of Round One. Clearing his throat, he addresses the battlers.

"Here is the data on KamenAeons's Pokémon," he says, clicking some numbers together.

Quote:
Primeape (Fighting): Primeape are excellent climbers, allowing them to scale most walls and surfaces and swing from vines and branches with ease. They interpret being stared in the eyes a challenge to their authority. Thus, any eye contact will cause Primeape launch into a berserk rage. They will focus almost exclusively on the offending target to the exclusion of all other concerns unless something else starts to become a bigger problem or gets in the way of their rage. Until its target has fallen Primeape will be extremely emotional and responsive but more vulnerable to confusion. Primeape will also be winded for a few moments after its berserker rage has ended, with longer periods of rage meaning more downtime. A trainer may write a note in their bio stating that their Primeape has been trained not to enter in to the enraged state in this way.
Primeape (Fighting): Primeape are excellent climbers, allowing them to scale most walls and surfaces and swing from vines and branches with ease. They interpret being stared in the eyes a challenge to their authority. Thus, any eye contact will cause Primeape launch into a berserk rage. They will focus almost exclusively on the offending target to the exclusion of all other concerns unless something else starts to become a bigger problem or gets in the way of their rage. Until its target has fallen Primeape will be extremely emotional and responsive but more vulnerable to confusion. Primeape will also be winded for a few moments after its berserker rage has ended, with longer periods of rage meaning more downtime. A trainer may write a note in their bio stating that their Primeape has been trained not to enter in to the enraged state in this way.
[Fighting]: Fighting-type Pokémon train extensively, more than any other Pokémon type, which gives them greater endurance and readiness than other Pokémon and allows them to push themselves harder for longer. They are more accurate with their physical blows and are more adept at blocking and countering the physical strikes of attackers. They fight more enthusiastically in urban environments but are not adversely affected by more natural surroundings.
When the referee concludes his analysis, Folka the Primeape takes the lead. Chary, Folka maintains his distance, as he summons an opalescent sphere of Fighting energy. When Folka squints and Focuses his mind, roiling lights scintillate like fireworks, coalescing into a buoyant ball. Without warning, Folka hurls the gyrating globe at his opponent. Crashing over the Pangoro, the whirling Blast pummels Banzai, who hisses from the super-effective attack. As Banzai tries to steady his breathing, Folka scrutinises his foe to determine his next course of action. A few seconds pass, and Folka decides that Banzai is keeping his distance. After all, the Pangoro seems far too agonised to be inching forward and if anything, Banzai seems rather trepidatious. Taking his cue, Folka starts to repeat his last technique and starts Focusing his Fighting energies.

Banzai has his own plans, though. Before Folka can release his Blast, the Pangoro recovers his footing and immediately dredges up some aquatic power. When Folka fires an iridescent orb, Banzai thrusts out his palms, from which he magically releases a surge of water. Riding the wall of water, Banzai balances like a Surfer and cleanly rises over Folka's fired sphere. The oceanic wave crashes into Folka, who stumbles into the cage-wall from the impact. While Folka staggers, Banzai gives his foe no room for reprieve. Like a cannonball, Banzai Slams Folka and flattens him against the floor. When Banzai's immense Body squashes Folka, the Primeape whimpers from the weight of a bear who is more than four times heavier than he is. Indeed, Folka moans in despair when he feels paralysis start to crawl up his spine.

While Banzai plunges close to the second third of health, Folka holds a small lead but is paralysed. Banzai's Water reserves are more than half depleted, but both battlers are still okay for two.

-Apollo77 to order.
Old 08-24-2015, 06:16 PM   #60
Apollo77
Done With Your Shit

Good work Banzai, but I think you're better off saved for later. Taunt him so he can't do anything, then Parting Shot out to Ginchiyo.
Old 08-24-2015, 06:24 PM   #61
KamenAeons
ROASTY ROASTY

Feel the wrath of the Machine God's Fist! Smelling Salts to rid yourself of paralysis and strike, then tag out wih U-Turn, calling forth Aya!

SAAVE ME

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Old 08-27-2015, 09:50 AM   #62
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge

ROUND 16: Parting Song

Back from TAs. Here's something a bit more anime-themed that will presumably be more to Kamen's liking than the past, Western references.

--
ROUND 16: Parting Song
Pangoro vs Primeape

Banzai squashes Folka against the metal cage, while he dredges up some Dark energies. Weaving together like a sinister tapestry, the shadow powers converge to form a curse that Taunts Folka. The foul spell locks away Folka's defensive moves, and the Primeape hisses in muted frustration. How is he supposed to remove his paralysis now? Folka has a loophole, though, which he plans to abuse. Indeed, this hex is not insurmountable. When Banzai starts reflexively eases off Folka to get a better aim at Folka and to prepare his next move, Folka immediately coats his body with Smelling Salts. Immediately, alkaline compounds precipitate across the Primeape's fur, jolting the synapses out of paralysis. Once his body limbers, Folka scowls and utilises the remaining salts to charge his fist, punching Banzai across the face.

The blow knocks the Pangoro back a step, and Banzai winces. However, determination steels his expression rather than despair. Growing, Banzai accumulates some ethereal power, which emblazons a taunting sneer on his face. When Banzai lets of a keening noise, a Parting Shot strikes Folka, whose offensive stats begin to dwindle. As Folka grimaces, Banzai transforms into a jet of red light that wheels around and returns to Apollo77's belt. Another Pokéball clicks open, splashing crimson energies across the floor. Elegantly, a lissom fighter emerges from the vermillion sheen. Two long blades extend from the creature's arms, and firm flesh, as white as cream, coats the entire body. As the Fighter pirouettes on the spot, the referee analyses the Pokémon in front of him.

"Here is the data on Apollo's substituted Pokémon," says the young man, clicking through the Pokédex.

Quote:
Gallade (Psychic/Fighting): Gallade are able to extend their arms and elbows. Their arms are also very sharp, and cutting attacks do slightly more damage. Their empathic abilities make it very in touch with its opponent. Attacks that deal with the opponents mental state are more effective. They also has a very good sense of balance and is hard to knock down. Teleporting also requires slightly less energy. In its Mega Form, Gallade becomes a dashing knight, sworn to defend its trainer. Its slashing moves become x1.2 more powerful. Due to its heightened concentration, it is far less vulnerable to mind-altering moves and cannot be flinched.
[Psychic]: Psychic-type Pokémon are much more proficient with telekinesis than other Pokémon. Thus, they can use Psychic to move and manipulate targets with ease. Psychic type Pokémon are resistant to flinching and have higher levels of focus and concentration than other Pokémon. They have limited ability to read minds and are thus more adept at dodging attacks than might be expected and able to mitigate the effects of accuracy reducing attacks. This telepathy does not work on Dark typed Pokémon.
The round does not quite end here, though. Indeed, switching moves only truncate a round when the Trainer going second employs them. Eager to prove his ascendency, Folka scowls and tries to shake off his rebuffs. Coating himself in a Bug essence, Folka tackles Ginchiyo the Gallade, who yelps in muted pain. While Ginchiyo catches her breath, Folka U-Turns and hurtles back towards KamenAeons. After a red light coalesces around him, Folka passes the torch and swivels into his Pokéball. Without hesitation, KamenAeons tosses a second Pokéball, which opens to release a swathe of red light. The crimson essences morph into an elegant bird, whose wings flutter with resplendent feathers. Cawing, the bird of prey rises within the cramped cage, when the referee clears his throat to address the battlers.

"Here is the data on Kamen's substituted Pokémon," the referee says, typing into his datapad.

Quote:
Pidgeot (Normal/Flying): Pidgeot are some of the fastest common flying Pokémon and have amazing speed and agility in the air, out flying most Pokémon. Any wind attack used by a Pidgeot is 1.2x more powerful. They also uses less energy when carrying other Pokémon and can lift 1.5x the weight that most bird Pokémon can. In its Mega Forme, its wings grow even more powerful, able to conjure wind attacks in nearly an instant. Its wind attacks are extremely fast to produce, requiring barely a second to produce something even as powerful as a Hurricane. This power also allows it to reach high speeds in very little time. It also has extremely keen aim, making its moves very difficult to dodge.
[Normal]: Normal-type Pokémon generally have a bit less off-type energy than other Pokémon. Normal-types which usually have a secondary type do not suffer from this drawback unless specified. In the ASB, Normal-types take resisted damage from the damaging effects of Ghost-type energy.
[Flying]: Flying-type Pokémon are faster and more agile in their chosen mode of transportation than other Pokémon. Because of their skill in controlling their movement, they are more difficult to evade when using physical moves and more likely to succeed in dodging attacks. Flying type Pokémon are affected normally by the damaging effects of Ground-typed energy and take neutral damage from Ground type moves in the ASB. They fight more enthusiastically in spacious arenas but are not put off by cramped conditions.

Expending half his Bug reserves, Folka has a debuff on his offenses and drops towards the second third of energy but will catch a breather inside his Pokéball. Similarly, Banzai expended some noticeable energy but will recuperate inside the Pokéball. Both Pidgeot and Gallade are basically fresh, with Aya holding the most slender of health leads.

-KamenAeons to order.
Old 08-27-2015, 10:12 AM   #63
KamenAeons
ROASTY ROASTY

I don't mind the Western references. However, now you've gotten me back on the music themes, I realise I forgot to get Folka's theme up and kicking. No biggie.

ACTIVATE THEME SONG POWER UP: WIND GOD GIRL! and Mega Evolve, Aya!

Stir up a storm with a Twister, then keep him on his toes with a Razor Wind if he doesn't get near you! Change to physical assault stance for a Sky Attack if he closes in before you can Razor Wind!

SAAVE ME

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Old 08-27-2015, 10:38 AM   #64
Apollo77
Done With Your Shit

Alright then, Ginchiyo, show them the dance of your blade. Use the time he spends Mega-Evolving to put up a Reflect to sponge both of his wind attacks, then fry that bird with a Thunderbolt!
Old 08-28-2015, 04:42 AM   #65
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge

ROUND 17: When Is It My Turn?

ROUND 17: When Is It My Turn?
Gallade vs MegaPidgeot

Aya spreads her wings, while she exchanges a conspiratorial look with her Trainer. Pure trust engenders between KamenAeons and the Pidgeot, who scrutinises the MegaStone clasped to his wrist. Immediately, a resplendent surge of magenta light bursts from the gemstone, bathing Aya as radiantly as a sunrise. Glimmering, her wingspan expands, and MegaEvolution courses over the Pidgeot. Nearby, Ginchiyo watches this scintillating display, deciding to employ a defensive technique. With a deluge of psionic power, Ginchiyo erects a Reflective screen, which shimmers in front of him. When Aya emerges from her cocoon of iridescent light as a MegaEvolution, her Trainer fails to account for this potential roadblock. Undeterred, Aya unfurls her vibrant wings, flapping up a tight tornado which careens into existence. As the Twister ripples, Aya launches the whipping winds at Ginchiyo.

The gyrating gale hurtles into the wondrous wall, which deflects the cyclone without much exertion. Some cracks zigzag up the screen, streaking like lightning, but the shield holds still, protecting Ginchiyo. Watching her attack have barely any effect, Aya feels frustration build up within her like a crescendo. Irate, Aya angles her wingtips again, summoning sharp blades of Wind. While the gusts whet like Razors, Aya narrows her keen aim at Ginchiyo. Crying aloud, Aya unleashes the squall. The storm of compressed air rushes towards Ginchiyo, but once again, the Reflective wall staves off the aerial assault. Averting most of currents, the screen barely shatters and mitigates the brunt of Aya's attack. Wincing from the super-effective winds, Ginchiyo grimaces but does not flinch.

Instead, the Gallade seizes this moment as her turn to shine. Now is Ginchinyo's turn. After she accrues a rush of electricity, Ginchiyo stiffens and then thrusts out a fist. Swiftly, a Thunderstorm roils within Ginchiyo's hands; the Gallade distills the surge. Without warning, Ginchiyo hurls a Lightningbolt which corkscrews across the cage. Although Aya tries to flee to safety, the cramped space within the iron bars fetters the mighty bird, limiting any hiding spaces. Unable to escape, Aya screams as the vicious voltage assails her. Despite her lack of paralysis, Aya hisses in palpable pain. In a similar position to her opponent, Aya wonders if this will be her turn to strike. Will the MegaPidgeot find an opportunity to shine under the spotlight?

Ginchiyo opens up a sizeable health lead, but both battlers still remain in their first thirds. Although she depleted half her Electric reserves, Ginchiyo is still as fresh as Aya.

-Apollo77 to order.
Old 08-30-2015, 08:48 AM   #66
Apollo77
Done With Your Shit

Okay, Ginchiyo, now let's slow him down. Chill his core with an Icy Wind, then flash a Confuse Ray to really send his brain reeling.
Old 08-30-2015, 09:06 AM   #67
KamenAeons
ROASTY ROASTY

Overwhelm that chill with Heat Wave, then simply shut your eyes until the rays pass.

Nice and simple. Now if you'll excuse me, *poof*

SAAVE ME

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Old 09-01-2015, 05:12 AM   #68
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge

ROUND 18: Overwhelmed

ROUND 18: Overwhelmed
Gallade vs MegaPidgeot

Eager for blood, Ginchiyo seizes the initiative, summoning an Icy Wind whose frigid snap reminds the onlookers of an Arctic freeze. The Gallade underestimates the strength of a MegaPidgeot's wings, though. Indeed, Aya starts to flap her wings, instantly whipping up a gyrating gale. Before Ginchiyo's attack can reach her, Aya counteracts: a brash blaze blisters through Aya's wings, and a Heated cyclone hurtles forward. Fire meets ice, but the fiery Wave breaks through the chilled gust. Though weakened, the sweltering blast whooshes into Ginchiyo, knocking her into the cage's iron bars. Whimpering, Ginchiyo steps off the floor and nurses her wounds. When she glowers at Aya, Ginchiyo segues into her next technique, garnering ghostly energies. Pointing at Aya, Ginchiyo flashes out a narrow beam of Confusing Rays. However, Aya once again has a counter-intiative. Gracefully, she simply closes her eyes, letting the attack harmlessly dissipate. Ginchiyo scowls, frustrated.

Aya wrests health lead from Ginchiyo, with the two being within hair's width of each other and encroaching the second third. Although she expended more than half her Fire off-type, Aya is peppy, while Ginchiyo is good for two. Ghost and Ice reserves are okay.

-KamenAeons to order.
Old 09-06-2015, 11:48 PM   #69
KamenAeons
ROASTY ROASTY

Ominous Wind, then Twister once more!

SAAVE ME

"STOP POKING MY SISTER!"

Kamen's mind:

"YOUKOSO WAGA CRAZY E"

Old 09-07-2015, 06:57 PM   #70
Apollo77
Done With Your Shit

Use Psychic to slam him into the floor, timed to interrupt his Twister, then leap onto him and pin him as you deliver a Thunderpunch!
Old 09-09-2015, 09:56 AM   #71
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge

ROUND 19: Yellow

ROUND 19: Yellow
Gallade vs MegaPidgeot

Aya wastes little time, as she flaps her majestic wings. Swirling, Aya summons a whooshing Wind which she laces with Ominous shards of ephemeral energy. A sheen of silver glistens like a knife, when the gust tightens and billows into Ginchiyo. Recoiling from the super-effective blast, Ginchiyo convulses, and her limbs almost contort as though they belong to a marionette. Sheer agony distorts her expression, as Aya basks in Lady Luck's blessing and senses all her prowess boost under a mysterious energy. Ginchiyo refuses to surrender, though. After she represses her pain, Ginchiyo gathers together a squall of Psychic power, which tinges her entire body in a faint sheen of azure. Wary, she scrutinises her airborne foe, waiting for any sign of movement in order to disrupt.

What occurs next is rather bizarre. While Aya swishes her wings to launch a Twister, Ginchiyo unleashes her stored powers. Apollo77 underestimates the startling speed at which a MegaPidgeot can launch wind-based attacks. Indeed, "in nearly an instant". However, a Gallade is able to anticipate the next strike, according to the League Officials. And after waiting for Aya's move, Ginchiyo is well-positioned to strike. Letting out a keening cry, Ginchiyo telekinetically seizes Aya, just barely stopping Aya from quickly whipping up a gale. When Ginchiyo's Psychic energies seize Aya's wings, the MegaPidgeot immobilises and plunges to the floor. Inadvertently aborting her attack, Aya crashes into the floor and grimaces. Aya's only consolation is that the damage to her is not truly great. Indeed, focussing on grabbing an agile and mighty bird, disrupting while avoiding a death knell, requires great concentration, which leads to the jettisoning of some damage.

Instead, she breathes deeply, before she lunges at Aya on the floor. Spinning together a Thunderous array of electricity, Ginchiyo Punches Aya in the face. Cawing in agony, Aya screams, as she tries to rise off the floor. Although she avoids paralysis, her entire body distorts in discomfort. As she balefully glances at the metaphorical stars above that shine for her, Aya yellows in fear. Is her type advantage enough to wrest a victory? What would happen next? She remains only a foot from the ground; maybe she needs to use a wind-based move to ascend, or prepare to face a second punch.

Bestowed with a nice overall boost, Aya maintains her health lead, whereby she remains above the midpoint while Ginchigo hovers above the halfway. Both battlers have expended some off-type, but only Ginchiyo would really need a breather.

-Apollo77 to order.

Last edited by Schadenfreude; 09-10-2015 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Edited to include LO ruling
Old 09-09-2015, 11:48 AM   #72
Apollo77
Done With Your Shit

I'm not okay with this. Considering I have the attack ready, and that I'm a Psychic type and thus proficient with Telekinetic Psychic, Gallade should have been able to interrupt Twister the moment it began. Pidgeot, despite "launching wind attacks almost instantaneously", would have to show some sort of sign of being about to attack by the drawing back of its wings to create the Twister. Gallade could have easily seen this and reacted in time, given its intense focus.
Old 09-09-2015, 11:58 AM   #73
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo77 View Post
I'm not okay with this. Considering I have the attack ready, and that I'm a Psychic type and thus proficient with Telekinetic Psychic, Gallade should have been able to interrupt Twister the moment it began. Pidgeot, despite "launching wind attacks almost instantaneously", would have to show some sort of sign of being about to attack by the drawing back of its wings to create the Twister. Gallade could have easily seen this and reacted in time, given its intense focus.
You do have a decent argument. MegaPidgeot's SC is what it is, but I'll check with a LO.
Old 09-10-2015, 09:01 AM   #74
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge

I've consulted Dave, Jeri, and Sneezey. Opinions were divided because there were clear arguments for both sides, but ultimately, the mixed consensus is now reflected in the edited round. App to order.
Old 09-10-2015, 05:15 PM   #75
Apollo77
Done With Your Shit

Thanks Schaden, sorry if I came off as a bit sharp there.

Drain Punch while he's within reach to get some health back. If he goes for a three-mover, use Confuse Ray to interrupt his third attack.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Gym Battles