Singles
48 HR DQ
Equilevel 1
Switch = KO
Slappy
Rapid Fire
Cryptic Cave
Spoiler: show
Cryptic Cave (Indoor Custom Arena): This very mysterious spot, said to be deep inside a dungeon, is the perfect place to store energy without expending any effort. Although the cave is secluded from any sunlight, special mineralogenic deposits provide natural lighting enough for battles to take place. Psychic-type Pokemon appear to be more active in this arena, being able to recover a mild amount of Psychic energy at the end of each round. If Weather Ball is used here, it is Psychic-typed.
Although there are cliff edges, Pokemon are not allowed to attempt flinging their opponents over the edge. Attempting so results in instant disqualification.
Special Rules: Cave rules

Alright you two, you both know the rules. This is a rapid fire match up, so I expect quick orders. We will be using a 4/6 scale due to this being a rapid fire. No ifs, not buts. Now, your squad please Spark?

So Baby pull me closer in the back seat of your rover,
I'll go everywhere you go,
From Chicago to the Coast.

Hawke | Leo

Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 04:46 PM   #2
Sparkbeat
I make cryin' babies weep

Thanks for reffing Lit, sorry for the late squad. Was grabbing a quick bite when you put it up. Good luck Sal, though I'm the one who probably needs it xD

Bri - Level 1 Female Misdreavus
Hidden Power: Fighting

Rin - Level 1 Female Mawile
Hidden Power: Ground

Aversum - Level 1 Male Inkay
Hidden Power: Fairy

Discord - Level 2 Male Honchkrow (Uplevel)
Hidden Power: Electric

Money - Level 1 Male Archen
Hidden Power: Grass

Luna Flora - Level 1 Female Phantump
Hidden Power: Rock
Old 04-25-2014, 04:58 PM   #3
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Send a message via Skype™ to Salamencia
Right, thanks for doing this Lost. Good luck, Spark. I feel like this may have been a mistake, given your remarkably anti-Psychic squad. :p

Birdkeeper's Token
The Birdkeeper's Token signifies freedom of thought and movement that transcends the art of the possible. It can be attached to Flying type pokémon and greatly enhances their natural abilities. They will be significantly faster and more agile than their peers in whatever their usual mode of transportation is, able to travel further and with more precision and dexterity than others without expending much more energy. At ref's discretion, they will be more able to dodge attacks and harder to evade when using their own. This token may be purchased during the week long Easter event and may be purchased up to one time per trainer.
Attached to Steve the Xatu.

Female Snorunt (Level 1)
No Signature Move

Male Grimer (Level 1)
No Signature Move

Female Chansey (Level 1)
No Signature Move

Volke: Male Froakie (Level 1)
No Signature Move

Steve: Male Xatu (Level 1)
Hidden Power: Fighting
No Signature Move
Attached: Birdkeeper's Token

Dye-Are-Hoe-Ia (DAHI): Male Stunfisk (Level 1)
Hidden Power: Ice
No Signature Move

Four things that need levelling, two things to try and balance.

So... Chansey. Do well and you might earn a name here!

WF

Yes, I am online. No, I am not ASBing currently. WF takes priority, as it tends to take up less of my time.
Salamencia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 05:13 PM   #4
Sparkbeat

Aversum, the cave floor is yours! Send her a Dark Pulse and follow it in to give her a Psycho Cut.
Old 04-25-2014, 05:16 PM   #5
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Genuine shock right here. Anyway, Dazzling Gleam followed by Egg Bomb.

WF

Yes, I am online. No, I am not ASBing currently. WF takes priority, as it tends to take up less of my time.
Old 04-25-2014, 05:41 PM   #6
Lil'twick
Pale Blue Dot

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Round 1: Alright then, let's give it our best!

Quote:
Inkay (Dark/Psychic): Inkay is able to bioluminece, allowing it to light up a dark area for an extended period of time by using a move. It costs no energy to maintain this light. Its light-based attacks are slightly more potent than normal. It also can maintain its accuracy regardless of its orientation. It floats low across the ground, moving through small, thrusting motions, much like an aquatic squid.

[Dark]: Dark types can see in the dark. They prefer to fight at night, however light does not adversely affect them.

[Psychic]: Psychics are considered to automatically be familiar with psychic abilities. Thus, they can use Psychic to move and toss Pokémon. If facing a non-bug, non-dark opponent, psychics can sense their opponent somewhat, making accuracy reducing attacks less effective.

Chansey (Normal): Chansey and Blissey are resistant to special attacks, and will take less damage from them. However, they are weak to physical attacks, and take more damage from them than normal.
[Normal]: Normal types can use the greatest variety of attacks in the league: they pay for this, however, by having less type energy. In the ASB, Normal types take 100% damage from Ghost type moves.
Two trainers make their way towards the center of the ancient cave, studying the runes as they pass by. Today marks the day of a grand battle, even if it's supposed to be quick. When the two reach the center, they see a young boy sitting around. The boy turns his head towards the footsteps, and starts to perk up. He explains the rules of the match, and asks the two trainers to send out their become. From one side, an Inkay is sent out, from the other side a Chansey.

The battle kicks off the with Inkay gathering a considerable amount of dark energy. He starts to gain sinister thoughts, due to the dark energy coursing through his veins. His eyes shine with a mixture of malice and despair, ready to consume his foe. He floats up and unleashes the Dark Pulse.

The Chansey simple watches as the despair waves head towards her. Knowing the pulsating darkness wouldn't deal as much damage to her blobbish body, the pink blob stands her ground. The Dark Pulse washes over her, dealing a good amount of damage to the Chansey.

She then stares down her aquatic foe, trying to figure out what the cephalopod will do next. Realize he's not going to take action, the Lucky channels fairy energy into her hands. She spins around, laughing and giggling as she does so. The normal type then claps, leading out a burst of fairy energy as she does so. The Dazzling Gleam tears through Aversum's health, leaving him a bit roughened up.

Aversum scowls at his foe, and juts towards his foe. He starts to channel psychic energy into one of his forearms as he reaches the Lucky, ready to show her what the mind can really do. Holding his limb up like a blade, the Inkay unleashes a devastating Psycho Cut on the Chansey. The psychic type attack cuts through her health, leaving her a bit wounded. However, this also works towards her advantage.

Grabbing the egg in her pouch, the Chansey throws it at the Inkay. She then repeats this a couple of more time, sending bombardment after bombardment of egg at the Inkay. The squid as no time to escape the volley of Egg Bombs, and takes a heavy blow from the explosive eggs. He then floats down, a bit weakened from the bombardments.

"Aversum dipped a little bit under the midpoint this round, due to the lower health scale. His energy usage was better than the Chansey's, and he's still pretty fresh. The Lucky has a good health lead, still a good way into her first third. However, her energy usage was worse than the Inkay's. Her fairy energy is almost gone as well."

Hawke | Leo

Old 04-25-2014, 05:47 PM   #7
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Sod it, we don't need no Veekun help. Water Pulse followed by Sing.

WF

Old 04-25-2014, 05:50 PM   #8
Sparkbeat

Taunt followed by Superpower.
Old 04-25-2014, 05:58 PM   #9
Lil'twick
Pale Blue Dot

Round 2: Dicked over by confusion

Chansey starts off the round by channeling her inner water energy. She creates a blue, pulsating orb of said energy and takes aim ath the squid in front of her. the Inkay makes no move to dodge the attack, and feels the energy splash into him. This also confuses him, causing him to dick about instead of taunting his foe. The Lucky sees this and starts to sing a lovely song, putting the Inkay asleep.

"Inkay took some damage, and is approaching his final third. No energy usage. Chansey took no damage, energy was fine. Water is at half."

Hawke | Leo

Old 04-25-2014, 06:03 PM   #10
Sparkbeat

Sob Quietly in your sleep, and when you wake up Flash to stun her before going in as quickly as possible for a Superpower.
Old 04-25-2014, 06:07 PM   #11
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

So that's 3 moves right.

Zap Cannon. If that hit, Blizzard after the Flash wears. If not, Thunder Wave.

WF

Old 04-25-2014, 06:57 PM   #12
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Heads up: I'm not going to be able to keep this up tonight. Been 4 hours since I took it, it's now 1 am. Sorry guys, have to continue it tomorrow (or something).

WF

Old 04-26-2014, 10:38 AM   #13
Lil'twick
Pale Blue Dot

Round 3: Sobbing does not prolong your demise.

Aversum starts the round off by sobbing quietly in his sleep. The clear, salty tears fall off his sleeping face, obvious terrified by whatever nightmare he's experiencing. The Lucky looks at her delirious, sleeping foe, studying him. She watches as the purple and pink squid flails around, wondering if she should end his suffering or not. She eventually decides to end the poor thing, being unable to bear its sobs.

The Chansey quickly closes her eyes and looks into her mind, looking for the electricity within her. She starts to channel that electric energy, starting to glow a being yellow as she does so. The volts crackle throughout her veins, rapidly searching for her hands. Between her hands, the CHansey starts to create a condensed orb of electric energy. The contorted yellow-green mass hisses and crackles at the air, obviously showing its power. After charging enough energy, the Chansey takes aim at Inkay, and fires the Zap Cannon.

The sleeping squid can do nothing about the Zap Cannon, and gets hit head on from the blast. He lets out a screech as the electric energy surges througth his body, effectively making him calamari. The smell of burnt squid starts to linger throughout the arena, but that's not the worse thing happening from Aversum. The Inkay tries to get up, but his body completely locks up in paralysis. Even creating a blinding light will be hard considering the severity of the paralysis.

The Chansey, not being able to see the creature in front of her suffer any longer, decides to send him to the after life. She starts to channel her ice energy, and coats her mouth with the ice. The ice energy mixes with the saliva in her mouth, creating small particles of ice and snow. She then blows out the ice energy, and hard. She uses the force of a Blizzard to exhale the energy, and it travels towards the squid. The freezing winds, the ice particles, and the snow all prove too much for the Inkay, and he falls over. It seems that he could not withstand the Blizzard, and has fainted in an icy prison.

"Aversum is unable to battle! Your last Pokemon please Spark!" The boy shouts, before going on to the Chansey's stats.

'While the Lucky has avoided damage with round, she's now at the midpoint for energy. She needs a break, now. Electric is practically gone, and Ice is gone."

Hawke | Leo

Old 04-26-2014, 11:04 AM   #14
Sparkbeat

Bri, Screech and follow up with Double Edge. Replace the latter with Shadow Ball if she begins glowing red for a Counter.
Old 04-26-2014, 11:19 AM   #15
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Shadow Ball after the Screech. Thought I'd done that already.

WF

Old 04-26-2014, 03:27 PM   #16
Lil'twick
Pale Blue Dot

Round 4: Ghastly Specter

Returning his fallen Inkay, spark searches his pockets for a Pokemon he thinks would fare well against the Chansey in front of him. Deciding that a ghost would be a good idea, the boy sends out a Misdreavus called Bri. She floats up and lets out a giggle, obviously happy to be free from her Pokeball. She then narrows her eyes at the Chansey before her, and sticks her tongue out.

Deciding that it would be better to stop the Chansey from acting, the Misdreavus lets out an ear-piercing Screech. The attack assaults the Chansey, but the pink blob carries out. While the attack obviously made her loose some concentration, the Chansey still snaps right back to reality.

The Chansey then start to gather the shadows within the arena, and gains an ominous look on her face. Her pink body is tainted purple by the pulsating orb of shadows before her, and the once kind face has turned malicious. The Chansey then takes aim with her Shadow Ball, and fires the ghost type attack at Bri. The Misdreavus simply takes the attack, being enveloped in the pulsating shadows.

Bri then charges forward with alarming speed, being reckless while doing so. She slams into the Chansey with a Double-Edge, but hurting herself in the process. Bri then floats roughly three feet back, still hurting from the recoil.

"Bri took a hefty blow this round, and is already into her second third. Her energy use was high, but due to being fresh it doesn't really matter. Chansey took another huge hit, and is approaching the midpoint. Her energy is near her final third, with little ghost left."

Hawke | Leo

Old 04-26-2014, 03:41 PM   #17
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Flamethrower followed by Sing.

WF

Old 04-27-2014, 07:36 PM   #18
Sparkbeat

Blegh, thought I ordered last night. Sorry :/

Nasty Plot, then drown out the Sing with a focused Hyper Voice.
Old 04-29-2014, 07:11 PM   #19
Lil'twick
Pale Blue Dot

Round 5: Let's save the bonus!

The Lucky starts off the round by spewing out a Flamethrower. This causes the Misdreavus to shift into her solid state, trying to avoid as much damage as possible. Bri gets hit by the attack, and luckily doesn't get burned by the flames. The attack causes the Misdreavus to plot nasty things, with her Nasty Plot boosting her overall special capabilities.

The Chansey then tries to sing the ghost asleep, but the ghost type retaliates with a Hyper Voice. The Hyper Voice drowns out the sing and smacks the Chansey for a good hit.

"Both are roughly even health wise, already past the midpoint. The Chansey has gotten into her final third of energy, and is advised to be conservative. Bri's energy is fine, approaching her second third. Could possibly need a break, but not needed."

Hawke | Leo

Old 04-29-2014, 08:43 PM   #20
Sparkbeat

Hyper Voice and stay dodgy. If she blocks the voice somehow, follow up with Spite.
Old 04-30-2014, 04:26 AM   #21
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Hyper Voice also, then Rest.

WF

Old 05-07-2014, 04:53 PM   #22
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

So much for RF... I mean... belated bump?

WF

Old 05-10-2014, 07:28 PM   #23
Lil'twick
Pale Blue Dot

Round 6: Dual Screams

(Sorry for shit round. Trying to get back into reffing)

Both Pokemon simultaneously unleash Hyper Voices, ravaging each other's ear buds in the process. The Misdreavus then looks at the Chansey, who falls asleep. She soon wakes up from her Rest, completely refreshed.

"Roughly equal damage to both sides, with Bri taking more, and are in their final thirds. Chansey recovered a good amount of energy, but is still within her final third. Bri's now within her second third."

Hawke | Leo

Old 05-13-2014, 04:30 PM   #24
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Aha. Ha. Ha. Yeah, ok. Hypocrisy. So shoot me.

Erm... Psychic, followed by Swift.

WF

Old 05-13-2014, 07:54 PM   #25
Sparkbeat

Astonish her out of Psychic, then Secret Power.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL