UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Statistics and Battle Archive

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 02:20 PM   #1676
EmeraldGoblin
Banned

ill be gone until monday-ish with mother in law and family. Please hold off orders until monday.

*wary*
Old 07-18-2014, 05:03 PM   #1677
Celebii151
ADCs in 2017 LUL

Send a message via Skype™ to Celebii151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celebii151 View Post
Sudden internet problems. Orders and reffings may be slowed.
Update: Will be back on Monday, hopefully, and catch up on orders and reffings. Sorry for the inconvenience.

PASBL Record
Trainer Level: 5
Referee Grade: B
Wins (DQ): 51 (5) Losses (DQ): 27 (6) Draws: 3
KOs: 135 TP: 294 SP (Earned): 0 (0)

Anime Style Battling | Fizzy Bubbles | Wild Future
Thanks to Pengyzu for the UserBar!
Old 07-19-2014, 12:00 PM   #1678
Charminions
Your reality is mine

Out of town for the remainder of the weekend. Orders and reffings on Monday.
Old 07-20-2014, 12:02 AM   #1679
phoopes
Double Dragon

It's been real. It's been fun. It's been real fun.

Retiring.

Long story short I just don't really have enough time or motivation to keep this going. I'm sure I've been DQ'd in everything I'm involved in but if I haven't, then go ahead. I'll still be around the forums, just not battling.
Old 07-20-2014, 04:21 AM   #1680
Mercutio
Banned

So, having seemingly convinced my deputy to leave by warning him of this last night, I am announcing my retirement as Dragon Type Gym Leader. My queue is now closed and you cannot purchase an instant match to face me.

I will finish off my match with Charm and then that's it, the doors will close, hopefully with me undefeated but possibly not the way things are going. I realise I've only been in post for about a year but I feel like my ASB life needs to gradually draw to a close as I try and forge myself a real world career. Particularly given that I'm in a field that should really require me to spend every day on it constantly, I can't afford this distraction and the responsibility of the Gym is a burden for that reason. It's been fun being a Gym Leader, and if I do end up sticking around I may try for a more exotic and difficult type/theme to defend at a future time, but this is likely it for me.

If anyone wishes to try for the Dragon Gym I'll happily talk to them about it.

Oh and by the by Dave and I were just trolling EG, we don't really want to be Tag Gym Leaders (even though it would be fucking sweet).
Old 07-20-2014, 01:08 PM   #1681
dirkac
uhhhhh

Internet Provider's being funky, so my connection might randomly turn off. Kind of the reason I was gone yesterday, and it'll only really be able to get fixed in a week or so.

Expect slow(er) Reffings, or days on which I don't come on at all.
Old 07-20-2014, 02:20 PM   #1682
Celebii151
ADCs in 2017 LUL

Send a message via Skype™ to Celebii151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celebii151 View Post
Update: Will be back on Monday, hopefully, and catch up on orders and reffings. Sorry for the inconvenience.
AAAAAAAAAND we're back. Will catch up on aforementioned things later today, it's 12 AM

PASBL Record
Trainer Level: 5
Referee Grade: B
Wins (DQ): 51 (5) Losses (DQ): 27 (6) Draws: 3
KOs: 135 TP: 294 SP (Earned): 0 (0)

Anime Style Battling | Fizzy Bubbles | Wild Future
Thanks to Pengyzu for the UserBar!
Old 07-23-2014, 04:37 PM   #1683
kingothestone
pots Fan Club President

Giving some advance notice, but I'll be pretty much unavailable for reffing this coming Saturday & Sunday. Obviously, I'll make sure I'm caught up before the weekend, and if I'm doing a quick leveler for you we'll get it done by then, but otherwise I'm going to request that no orders be made between 12:01 AM gmt -5 on Friday and 12:01 AM gmt -5 on Sunday. Thanks a ton.

Old Squad Summary

UPN Mafia Global Rules & Guidelines

UPN Mafia Queue & Statistics Archive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoS View Post
I was wondering what the high-pitched ringing in my ears was all day, but it's probably kots screaming into a pillow.
Old 07-23-2014, 10:23 PM   #1684
Lucario188
Thank you Daisy!

So. I am unfortunately going on two separate trips in close proximity to each other, both with limited to no internet access.

The first is this Friday, July 25th, through Sunday, July 27th. During this time I will not have internet at all until Sunday night; reffing will resume on Monday.
The second is Thursday, July 31st through Monday, August 4th. I will have internet in the morning on Thursday, and also maybe on the 3rd. (I'll order, if I do.)

First, I would appreciate it if I was not DQed.
Second, after I ref tomorrow (Thursday the 24th) I would appreciate it if people who I am reffing for would hold their orders until Sunday the 27th.
Same thing for next week; after I ref on July 30/31st, I would appreciate it if people who I'm reffing for could hold their orders until August 4th.

Thank you for your understanding!

--
--
Quote:
[1/19/14] Kit Kat: Oh please, you can't do Emo.
[1/19/14] Kit Kat: You're like happy and shit.
Old 07-25-2014, 05:13 AM   #1685
EmeraldGoblin
Banned

Going out from today Friday until Monday night. Please no DQs, and try to hold off orders.
Old 07-25-2014, 08:10 AM   #1686
zerozoner
Rainbow Badge

Currently on a road trip that may take two days and on top of that the destination doesn't have internet. I'll be there till the first week of August, but I may be able to find internet sometime during my stay so reffing and orders may still come in.

Gaming Pic
Spoiler: show

PASBL
Wild Future
Old 07-25-2014, 09:44 AM   #1687
Red Panda
head head bitch

I will be out of my house and away from the computer from 5:30 tonight EST to 12:30 PM Sunday EST. I don't have the 2 day bonus on reffings, so battlers don't need to hold off on orders, just letting people know that I won't be able to ref. Orders will come as usual.
Old 07-25-2014, 03:26 PM   #1688
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Going to be without internet access between July 27th and August 4th.
I also wont have internet between August 9th and 16th.

Please no Dq's
Old 07-26-2014, 06:37 PM   #1689
zerozoner
Rainbow Badge

Had a slight change in plans, so I'll be able to be active till about maybe Tuesday when my old TA will take effect. Joy of family trips were nothing is truly planned out.

Gaming Pic

PASBL
Wild Future
Old 07-26-2014, 11:35 PM   #1690
Quilavaflare
Cascade Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Quilavaflare
Oh yay you guys are going to love hearing this.

Sorry everyone, was out pretty late last night and then had some family stuff today. The worst part: I'll be going on vacation this upcoming week, all week. There is about a 99% chance I will have no real way online during that time, and even if I do I likely won't be able to do much of anything. I know I haven't been a very reliable ref lately always, and so I completely understand if you need to replace me. As for battles, I would greatly appreciate no DQs, please. Other than that, I should be back the following monday. I'll do my best to catch up before I leave.

Friend Code/Username list
3DS: 0748-3092-2840
Y Trainer Name: Roy
[Friend Safari: Paras, Vivillon, Beautifly]
Pokemon Showdown: Quilavaflare
Nintendo Network: Snowboos

Old 07-28-2014, 06:48 PM   #1691
dirkac
uhhhhh

Ew.

On vacation, I was supposed to have Internet access, but it's so horrible it's took me over three hours to get on here.

So yeah, likely no Reffings for three days, and no Orders, either.

If someone would mind cross-posting this to SPPF I'd be grateful.
Old 07-29-2014, 07:39 AM   #1692
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Send a message via Skype™ to Salamencia
Out of the country for 2 weeks starting yesterday. Very limited access and my connection's total arse anyway. Translation: If I get on once more in that time, it'll be more than I expect.

EDIT: May or may not have further RL issues relating to employment and social "life" (basically my entire life) once I return, now I think about it.

WF

Yes, I am online. No, I am not ASBing currently. WF takes priority, as it tends to take up less of my time.
Old 07-30-2014, 08:09 AM   #1693
ROFLMAO
Thunder Badge

Going away until Sunday. May or may not have internet access in that time, so no DQs and hold off orders please.
Wins- 24 ~ Losses- 14 ~ Draws- 1
TP- 154 KOs- 52 SP- 15
Current Number of Pokemon on the Squad: 38

Friend Codes:
Y/Smash Bros- (I pay more attention to this one :P) FS- Gabite, Noibat, Druddigon; 1993-9521-9013

X- FS- Gyarados, Bibarel, Poliwhirl; 0645-5911-9507
Old 07-31-2014, 06:50 PM   #1694
Deebs
You sayin' I like dudes?

Send a message via Skype™ to Deebs
Slow as shit while I get used to working full-time. Be patient with me, loves. I miss you all. ;;
Old 08-01-2014, 09:53 PM   #1695
Heather
Big Fluffy Pancakes

So tomorrow I'm heading out on what should be my final all week outing this summer. No Internet access at all, sorry. No DQs Pl0x, I'll be back on the 9th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Mint Earhart
Old 08-01-2014, 10:07 PM   #1696
Lil'twick
Pale Blue Dot

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
So... I've been thinking about this for a long while now and I've finally made my decision. I'm going to be leaving the league for quite a while. I'll still pop on and chat in the TO and stuff, and tend to WF, RPGs, and FB when that eventually opens. I just find myself not having the time for the ASB now, especially with the new faster pace. I'm going on vacation from tomorrow till next thursday with no internet, and then going to Cancun a few days latter. Then, my busiest school year of my life will happen. I have a feeling I really won't have the time, and in all honesty, I've lost all of my interest. It's just not fun anymore, I guess, and the community has shifted so much that I don't even feel at home anymore. So, I'll be off now, later.

-Lost

And there may come a day
Where you forget the faces, and voices
Of those you've met along the way

Hawke | Leo

Old 08-03-2014, 03:12 AM   #1697
Chiko
Chiko Chiko Chi

Location: To the world, to the world, to the world, to the world where you live
I'm feeling like utter crap due to being sick with a toothache and, as such, will be taking time off of Serebii and UPN altogether until I feel better.

In the mean time, patience would be nice.
Old 08-04-2014, 09:38 AM   #1698
Mercutio
Banned

Ok then. New job starts Monday and I'm flat hunting tomorrow. Combine this with some contract work for Dave and I'll be a bit busy from tomorrow onwards.
Old 08-04-2014, 04:23 PM   #1699
Slash
Silver LO

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
Okay, well, it's no secret that I'm not well-liked. It's no secret that I do not know how to talk to people, and that my mental health in is a state so extremely precarious, I've been met with disbelief that one so young can have so much shit wrong up there.

I joined ASB in 2009. I was in and out for awhile, but I always came back. When I had no real place to call home, this was my home. The ASB was always the place I could go to have a good time, talk with people, a few of which maybe even liked me a bit, and above all, it was fun. Winning was something that happened or didn't, but the fun was always a major point of it.

We're far beyond fun here. The million shifts in ASB (from both sides) has led to this no longer being a fun game, but being, at best, a chore that sometimes gives me a smile, or, at worst, a grueling job that kills me slowly from the inside and makes stray thoughts about downing a bottle of pills flash across my mind. I have been harassed, I have been insulted, and, quite frankly, I don't deserve all this shit. I refuse to be the victim of everyone else's issues. I don't have time in my life for folks with personal vendettas and too much time on their hands. I won't get dragged into it any more. And when I have to actually actively think and search for a memory of the last time I actually had fun in ASB, it's clear that something is wrong here. I came here for the fun and the people. The fun has clearly gone, and the membership? It's become overrun by folks trying to milk every advantage they could have, witch hunts, and philosophies of winning above all things, at any and every cost, leave the trite concepts of "fun" and "don't be a dick" at the door.

Last time I left, it was the people that brought me back so soon. This was clearly a bad idea, because I was still extremely unstable at the time, and I've only gotten worse. This time, in general, the people are the main force driving me away. I just hope that if and when I do eventually come around to check things out, it's not a completely unrecogisable facade of what ASB used to be when I called it home. Although I fear it may be too late already.

Daisy, Red, Jeri, Stu, Schaden, Kin, Blaze, I know you all fairly decently, and you are the folks that have been giving me the indecision on whether or not to post this. I care about you guys, an I hope you don't get upset about me leaving: neither with me, nor with blaming yourselves. You're ones who can make this place feel slightly closer to home for me, the gems in the rough here. I'll try to keep in touch with you guys.

Concept, you're a dick. But you're also deep (deep) down quite kind, and you've helped me with my issues a fair few times. It probably would not be exaggeration to say you've probably saved my life before and now known it. That makes a special mention here. Concept, you have been a positive influence in a depressed man's life and have kept him away from crossing certain bad lines. Remember that. Remember that you are overall a positive force in this world.

So this is goodbye.
KAIRNE I WILL RIP OFF YOUR SCROTUM AND FEED IT TO YOU THROUGH A FUCKING SWIRLY STRAW.

Old 08-04-2014, 06:41 PM   #1700
Chianti
Pokemon Trainer

Something is wrong with our internet, so I've been heavily reliant on 3G, but I don't want to rack up charges. Someone from my internet provider is coming out Wednesday, but it maybe a week or two until the connection is fixed. I may come on and post with my phone, but if I can't, that's the reason why.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Statistics and Battle Archive