UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 05-21-2014, 12:25 PM   #101
EmeraldGoblin
Banned

Light Screen. Ominous Wind.

Last edited by EmeraldGoblin; 05-21-2014 at 12:36 PM.
EmeraldGoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 12:19 PM   #102
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Schadenfreude
Sorry, still having hand issues.

--
ROUND 22: Simplistic
Typhlosion vs Rotom

Fairly simple round. Helia releases a barrage of Swift stars, which lance Rotom's skin. In retaliation, Rotom summons a Light Screen, which Typhlosion promptly breaks by Quickly Attacking through it, although Rotom being gaseous takes no damage from this barrage. Eska bookends the round by releasing an Ominous Wind with no boosts, when Typhlosion's poison worsens again.

---

Typhlosion tooks more damage, but Rotom used more energy, expending approximately half its Psychic reserves.

-EmeraldGoblin to order.
Schadenfreude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 01:16 PM   #103
EmeraldGoblin
Banned

Hex. Confuse Ray.
Old 05-25-2014, 08:14 PM   #104
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Schadenfreude
Dropping this match because I cannot deal with EG at the moment. Plus I'm having hand issues. This match has been posted on the queue.
Schadenfreude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 03:22 AM   #105
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Ex-Admiral Insane
So I'm taking over this match but I need Sal's orders before I can continue.

ASB Profile
Fizzy Bubbles Profile|Wishlist Post
Wild Future

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Spoiler: show
Adventure:
Dragons:
Draconid Monsters:
Base:
Transport:
Communication:
Ex-Admiral Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 04:31 PM   #106
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Send a message via Skype™ to Salamencia
Well, I am pretty terrible. Have an explanation, tossing up whether to TA it or sig it. Anyway:

Flamethrower, and close your eyes through the Confuse Ray.

I would also point out that SF has forgotten that Light Screen was used earlier. Psychic energy ought to be pretty much out, if not completely.

WF

Yes, I am online. No, I am not ASBing currently. WF takes priority, as it tends to take up less of my time.
Salamencia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 09:39 AM   #107
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Round 23: Laughing At Misery

So with no complaints I’ll be taking over from Schade as of now (or at least until he recovers). Any complaints or details I may be missing are welcome as I am only just stepping in and may have overlooked an important piece of battle history.
(Sal is right and as far as I can see, Rotom has no HP, Psychic or Poison energy left)

-----

Rotom gives an eerie cackle as shades of dark purple energy combine and twist to form one large black could atop Eska’s pointy head. The centre of this cloud opens up to reveal a single menacing eye, it’s pupil gazing left and right around the arena. Focusing on the Thyplosion, a low hum is produced before dark purple tendrils of spectra; energy form to wrap around the fire-type’s limbs and whip him. The Rotom’s natural sadism fuels the Hexing eye’s power, giving a larger boost to the damage than would be natural. The tendrils fade after but only a mere few seconds but it is not enough as Helia opens her maw, flames licking her teeth and tongue before conjoining to form one large orb of Flame which the Thyplosion Throws forward. The scorching heat burns the plasma ghost’s body with some residual embers flying left and right to scorch the grass and light a few dry branches. Nothing too serious happens as the flames will naturally die out, having not been fed enough fuel to go on. It is the Rotom after all who was Helia’s main target and who appears to be in need of a rest. The Rotom doesn’t stop though and its eyes flicker an unnatural white before releasing a Ray of Confusing light. Obeying her master unquestioningly, Helia closes her eyes and lets the unnatural light pass right past her as she escapes confusion and damage while feeling strangely refreshed from lack of movement. That is until the Toxic chews her of some more health.

Summary:
Eska has a slight lead on health but is in need of a breather soon, feeling quite tired and running low on energy. Helia had a breather and is rearing to go. Just dropped into her second third of health.

ASB Profile
Wild Future

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Adventure:
Dragons:
Draconid Monsters:
Base:
Transport:
Communication:
Old 06-05-2014, 03:43 PM   #108
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Helia, m'darling, I've had an epiphany. Foresight, Flamethrower.

WF

Yes, I am online. No, I am not ASBing currently. WF takes priority, as it tends to take up less of my time.
Old 06-05-2014, 04:27 PM   #109
EmeraldGoblin
Banned

You have one task.

Hex. Then try to dodge as best as you can.

Last edited by EmeraldGoblin; 06-05-2014 at 06:57 PM.
Old 06-06-2014, 10:07 AM   #110
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Round 24: Light, Heat and Work

The Thyplosion’s mane turns a sickly white colour while Rotom gets set to attacking. Growling loudly at her opponent, her mane grows in size before releasing a bright flash that stretches to the far edges of the arena, illuminating everything in between the spaces of the trees and branches. A small flutter can be heard amongst the canopy as some wildlife is startled, flying to different nearby trees but making sure not to reveal themselves. Helia’s mane returns to its normal size and colour while the white blinding light dims down to reveal the arena in a suspiciously brighter ambience. Just when everything returns to focus, a large menacing eye reveals itself as if it were lying in wait. Helia gasps and tries to distance herself ever so slightly while darkened tendrils of energy protrude from the eye to lash out at the Thyplosion. Though using the maximum amount of energy for it, the Rotom can’t help but grin at its opponent’s misfortune as its reminded once again of her weakened physique. Eska spins eerily in place and once its attack finishes, tries to zap across the battlefield in an attempt to shake off her opponent’s aim and avoid damage. Its movement seems quite sluggish for a Pokémon made only of plasma but this in no way means Helia is second guessing her trainer’s orders. She cocks her head and breathes in a large mouthful of air. A mere split second later, she hurls a flaming column of energy forward. Eska’s erratic zigzagging movement proves a tough target to hit but its tiredness becomes its downfall as most of the flames make their way to blow some damage. Once Helia runs out of breath, her fire breathing stops and she stand back up straight, weary of her spectral opponent and her own poisoned physique while Eska turns to face its own opponent as well.

Summary:
Thanks to Toxic the health distance between the two is growing quickly. Eska had a breather and both can push through for two.

ASB Profile
Wild Future

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Adventure:
Dragons:
Draconid Monsters:
Base:
Transport:
Communication:
Old 06-06-2014, 01:01 PM   #111
EmeraldGoblin
Banned

Why mess up a good strategy?

Hex. Confuse Ray.
Old 06-13-2014, 03:02 PM   #112
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Flamethrower twice.

WF

Old 06-15-2014, 02:47 PM   #113
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Round 25: Cutting It Short

Both combatants resort to their more trusted arsenal. Eska the Rotom charges another evil red eye out of spectral energy while Helia’s flames lick the edges of her gaping mouth once more. The two attacks pretty much collide and pass one another but with one being made of energy and the other being made of flames, they do little to each other in terms of reducing damage and so both Pokémon are struck for close to full damage. Starting to pant, Helia goes for a second flamethrower while Eska tries to manoeuvre however little he can while throwing a dazzling light into the field. The flamethrower is thrown but shortly after does the blinding effect sear the eyes of the fire-type who throws the fire around haphazardly, burning a Rotom along with some patches of grass and trees. Nothing too serious luckily as she coughs and stops before the full attack is emitted. She blinks her eyes in amusement though at the various specks of light she can see in front of her, clapping her hands at the spectacle that is the burning forest. Whoo! Toxic damage sets in and this time the damage is enough to flinch the Typhlosion and free her of her confusion.

Summary
Helia's borders on her last third thanks to Toxic mostly. Eska is gaining on its last third as well though. Helia could use a rest while Eska looks fresher than its opponent.

ASB Profile
Wild Future

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Adventure:
Dragons:
Draconid Monsters:
Base:
Transport:
Communication:
Old 06-15-2014, 03:08 PM   #114
EmeraldGoblin
Banned

Hey EAI

I found it odd that toxic knocked out confusion. I'm very unsure if that is the proper protocol for this case since Toxic is passive damage <.<''
Old 06-15-2014, 04:14 PM   #115
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Passive or not, it is still damage. Confusion can also be knocked out by more than just damage as a sufficient enough sting or bang would be able to snap a mon out. Considering Toxic has been amped up close to max damage (read; close) I'm willing to go with that the sting is sharp enough.

And yes, I'm reffing Toxic as dealing a stinging pain. It would be silly if a mon suddenly collapsed from pain when it didn't feel anything the entire time.

ASB Profile
Wild Future

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Adventure:
Dragons:
Draconid Monsters:
Base:
Transport:
Communication:
Old 06-15-2014, 04:21 PM   #116
EmeraldGoblin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-Admiral Insane View Post
Passive or not, it is still damage. Confusion can also be knocked out by more than just damage as a sufficient enough sting or bang would be able to snap a mon out. Considering Toxic has been amped up close to max damage (read; close) I'm willing to go with that the sting is sharp enough.

And yes, I'm reffing Toxic as dealing a stinging pain. It would be silly if a mon suddenly collapsed from pain when it didn't feel anything the entire time.
first time I see it done that way. You are most likely right, but I'm going to take it to Ref Q/A or S/I just to get some general community feedback. Otherwise, it seems pretty justified.
Old 06-23-2014, 04:02 PM   #117
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Flamethrower. No need to mess with a losing winning formula.

At least, I take it I can order.

WF

Old 06-23-2014, 04:03 PM   #118
EmeraldGoblin
Banned

Hex. Hex.

Last edited by EmeraldGoblin; 06-23-2014 at 08:57 PM.
Old 07-12-2014, 04:53 PM   #119
Connor
Wistful

Staggering as her tired body struggles to keep her standing, Helia raises her head up to the sky, before sighing heavily. Igniting the flames adorning her back, she gathers her energies, allowing her mouth to fill with flame. Tumbling from the edge of her mouth, small embers fall to the ground and singe the grass, before Helia suddenly roars loudly. As she does, the air ignites, a thick stream of flame stretching from her mouth and instantly engulfing Eska. The Rotom screeches in agony as she haphazardly darts about, but as the flames extinguish themselves, she prepares her counter attack. Gathering ghostly energies, she fills the air above her with a fine purple mist, before a ghastly eye appears out of nowhere. With a shredding shriek, a red beam shoots forwards, slamming into the chest of Helia and causing her to stagger backwards. Eska then repeats the motion, and Helia finally collapses.

Helia is unable to battle! Salamencia, your final Pokemon please.

Eska is well into critical health and energy, barely managing to hang on.

[Note: I redid the notes for this current match up, and the situation was a lot more dire than it was portrayed to be. Unsure as to how the mistakes were made, but I've double and triple checked these, so there should be no mistakes now. Apologies for the inconvenience.]
Old 07-23-2014, 06:57 AM   #120
EmeraldGoblin
Banned

DQ'ing my opponent.
Old 07-23-2014, 07:00 AM   #121
Connor
Wistful

*Sigh*

EmeraldGoblin is the winner by DQ!

EmeraldGoblin gains 3 KOs and 6 TP.
Salamencia gains 3 TP.