UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 04-27-2014, 12:21 PM   #76
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Schadenfreude
Talked to LOs when I reffed Infestation for Blaze's GT match. I'm not sure what you mean by an "adverse reaction", but an Infestation is more likely to cause delays rather than a complete shut-down, especially for simple moves like Headbutt. You also got a poor RNG roll. If Tauros was performing something energy-intensive and time-consuming, maybe Infestation would have a higher chance at shutting something down, but in this case, the round is what happened.
Schadenfreude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 12:25 PM   #77
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Send a message via Skype™ to Salamencia
EG, I would also point out we were 3 feet apart. If I get my Headbutt off first, you're probably not stopping me quick enough. EDIT: OK, apparently that's not what you meant.

Did Sludge Bomb do anything to the Infestation, by the way?

WF

Yes, I am online. No, I am not ASBing currently. WF takes priority, as it tends to take up less of my time.
Salamencia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 12:31 PM   #78
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge

Yeah. In case the reffing didn't make it clear, Sludge Bomb removed the Infestation. Poisonous ooze isn't too great for insect constructs.
Old 04-27-2014, 12:37 PM   #79
EmeraldGoblin
Banned

Push him back with Iron Tail. Follow up with Poison Jab.
EmeraldGoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 03:42 PM   #80
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Right, Direct Contact Earthquake should be good here. If he gets upright, Double-Edge. If not... erm... Body Slam? Either way, finish up with a Thunder.

Three.

Note to self: Invent fancy, strategy-altering Tauros sig.

WF

Yes, I am online. No, I am not ASBing currently. WF takes priority, as it tends to take up less of my time.
Old 04-29-2014, 10:57 AM   #81
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge

ROUND 15: Thundering Applause
Tauros vs Drapion

Drapion seizes the initiative by coating his Tail in an Iron-like sheen. Whipping Tauros off him, Drapion slams Tauros to back away two feet or so. Tauros is not done, though. Aggrieved, the bull closes the short distance again and stomps his hooves into Drapion, releasing an Earthquake amount of shockwaves into the Poison-type's system. After he screams, Drapion Jabs Tauros in the face with his right stinger. Tauros's eyes widen when he feels a pulse of Poison inject into him, creeping towards his bloodstream. That could be a potential issue in later rounds. He feels a seething anger rush through him, when Tauros Slams his heavy Body onto Drapion, choking the Poison-type.

However, the worst is yet to come. As he pulls slightly way from Drapion, Tauros summons a stormcloud of electricity and unleashes it onto Drapion. A Thunder arcs onto the Poison-type, frying the Pokemon into oblivion. Drapion screams, before fainting.

Drapion has been KOed and cannot battle. EmeraldGoblin, please send out your next Pokémon.

---

Tauros now dangles over the final third for health. Energy is also a pressing issue, because Tauros has used basically all his Electric reserves and half his Ground pools. Hovering over the final third for energy, Tauros will need a breather and feels drained. Tauros's Poison will kick in the next round.

-EmeraldGoblin to send out.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:01 AM   #82
EmeraldGoblin
Banned

Eska take the stage.

Use Discharge. Follow up with Ominious Wind.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:20 AM   #83
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

>Use perma-Gaseous Ghost
>Proceed to Discharge regardless

Hard habit to break? :p

Zeke, ilu. Seriously. Spite for now.

WF

Old 04-29-2014, 08:17 PM   #84
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge

ROUND 16: Get Your ROTOM Running
Tauros vs Rotom

After retrieving the fallen Drapion, EmeraldGoblin selects a Pokeball and releases it. A plasmatic Ghost emerges.

Quote:
Rotom (Electric/Ghost): Rotom is considered permanently in 'plasma' state, which counts as the Gaseous state, and cannot achieve the solid, ethereal or invisible states. However, it can pass through walls in this 'plasma' state and is able to occupy objects for a much longer time than other Ghosts. While occupying an object on the battlefield, it will take full damage from attacks if that object is hit with attacks. Despite these abilities, Rotom cannot stay in walls, floors, or other significant surfaces for any longer than the typical ghost. Despite being locked out of the physical state, it takes only 10% extra damage from special moves. Rotom is very fast and able to turn corners sharply and instantly. It can levitate to about waist height of its trainer. Rotom may change 'formes' and bond itself more permanently with an object, thus changing its moves, abilities, typing and appearance
[Electric]: Electric types, in general, prefer areas where their electric attacks are most accurate. Thus, while hot temperatures donft bother them, the fact that heat refracts electricity doesnft appeal to them.
[Ghost]: Ghosts are resistant to attacks which induce confusion or other mental effects and are immune to telekinetic-based Psychic moves if not in the solid state (though will still take damage from Psychic moves regardless of state). They cannot be poisoned. Ghosts fight more enthusiastically at night and can see in the dark, though they are not put off by fighting in the day. Their fear inducing attacks are more effective than those used by other Pokémon. Ghost-types take neutral damage from Normal, Fighting and typeless attacks in the ASB, as opposed to in the games, but some may change their state in order to evade certain moves. See Ghost Pokémon Information for details on states.
Rotom seizes the initiative, Discharging a squall of electricity. Although he avoids paralysis, Tauros screams in agony, feeling throbs of pain. In response, Tauros casts a dark spell over Rotom teeming with vengeance and Spite. Immediately, Rotom feels energy drain from him, like dishwater in a sink. Furious, Rotom releases an Ominous Wind, sending Tauros into further dregs of pain.

---

Tauros plunges further in his final third of health, unlike the unscathed Rotom. Although Tauros is not yet critical, he may want to be more careful.

In terms of energy, Rotom used more than twice that of Tauros, who used more than half his Ghost reserves to drop below the final third of energy. Nevertheless, Rotom continues to remain in the first third.

-Salamencia to order.
Old 04-30-2014, 05:11 AM   #85
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Ice Beam, Uproar.

WF

Old 04-30-2014, 08:44 AM   #86
EmeraldGoblin
Banned

Burst agility to dodge Ice Beam. Hidden Power. Finish it with thunderbolt.
Old 04-30-2014, 01:47 PM   #87
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge

ROUND 17: Agile
Tauros vs Rotom

When Tauros fires an Ice Beam, Rotom swerves out of the way with a quick burst of Agility. Tauros, aggrieved, yells an Uproar that smacks the plasmatic ghost, but Rotom is not fazed. Not at all. Instead, Rotom fires a Hidden Power imbued with Fighting energy. This super-effective assault is enough for Tauros, who cries and falls into unconsciousness.

Tauros has been KOed and cannot battle. Salamencia, please send out your next Pokémon.

---

Rotom took some damage and used more energy. Although a breather is not compulsory, it will be appreciated.

-Salamencia to send out.
Old 05-02-2014, 05:04 PM   #88
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Helia, it's been forever and a day. Let's go. Sunny Day to Flamethrower.

WF

Old 05-02-2014, 07:09 PM   #89
EmeraldGoblin
Banned

Confuse ray
Old 05-03-2014, 07:36 PM   #90
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge

ROUND 18: Walking On Sunshine
Typhlosion vs Rotom

After Salamencia collects his fallen Tauros, he releases a loyal, female Typhlosion on the arena. She roars and huffs out a few flames.

Quote:
Typhlosion (Fire): Typhlosion is the fastest of the Cyndaquil family, but the least agile. Cyndiquil, Quilava, and Typhlosion can control whether their flames are ignited at any one time. When not ignited, they take less damage from water attacks, as there is no flame for the water to hit. However, they cannot use any fire attacks if their fire is not ignited. Igniting gives them their normal weakness to water, but allows them to use fire attacks. Igniting does not count as a move, and happens automatically when the Pokémon is ordered a fire attack. However, de-igniting counts as a move. They will automatically de-ignite if they fall asleep.
[Fire]: Fire types love hot temperatures. Most can survive in hot liquids/molten lava for an extended period of time (indefinitely in the case of Magby, Magmar, Slugma and Magcargo). If a fire Pokémon has a flame somewhere on its body, it will take extra damage if a water attack hits the flame. Otherwise, fire Pokémon are not adversely affected by taking dips in bodies of water, so long as the time is short (except for the above 4 Pokémon, who will take damage the longer they are in the water). Instead of being automatically 2x weak to Water, they take 150% of the damage if hit on their bodies, but take 210+% if hit on open flames.
Typhlosion starts off the round by releasing a beam into the sky, causing the clouds to part. Immediately, the implication of a Sunny Day spreads across the arena. Meanwhile, Rotom takes a deep breath and releases a scurry of Confusing Rays into Typhlosion's face, making the Fire-type think of radishes and rainbows and rock-n-roll. As she forgets about her need for a Flamethrower, a few Oddish sprawl across the outskirts of the arena, twenty-five feet from the two combatants. They seem curious at these proceedings.

---

Both Pokemon used some energy, and the weather is now bright. Typhlosion is confused.

-EmeraldGoblin to order.
Old 05-03-2014, 08:56 PM   #91
EmeraldGoblin
Banned

Light Screen. Toxic.
Old 05-06-2014, 07:26 AM   #92
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Quick Attack into the Screen. If that worked, Eruption. If not, Quick Attack once more.

WF

Old 05-07-2014, 04:21 AM   #93
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge

Hey guys, linking you guys to my TA post on UPN. Hope that explains the shorter and terser quality of this reffing. The next few will be short, but the usual quality should return soon. Promptness should be unaffected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schadenfreude
Having another check-up for my fractured hand today. It's still shitastic, thanks to the power of fractures of the distal ulnar. Reffings will still be bird-quality for the rest of this week, but I may be getting better soon. Patience, please.
--
ROUND 19: Quick, Attack!
Typhlosion vs Rotom

Seizing the initiative, Rotom constructs a Light Screen. Meanwhile, Typhlosion reacts in a different way. Confused, Typhlosion flounces on the spot, thinking that Quick Attack meant "Quick Dance". Giddy with success, Rotom vomits a Toxic sludge on Typhlosion's face. The combination of the putrid stench and the shocking sting of the poisons seeping into his skin snaps Typhlosion out of his confusion, just in time for him to prepare his next attack. Quickly, he slams through the Light Screen, breaking the glass pane with his Attack.

---

Rotom used approximately half his Psychic reserves and more than half his Poison pools, dropping close to the midpoint. Typhlosion is fine, close to where he was previously.

Neither Pokemon took damage this turn, although Typhlosion is now poisoned. The weather is sunny.

-Salamencia to order.
Old 05-10-2014, 10:37 AM   #94
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

My Typhlosion is female, Schaden. It probably won't matter one bit, I know...

Heat Wave, Swift.

WF

Old 05-10-2014, 10:54 AM   #95
EmeraldGoblin
Banned

phase underground to dodge heatwave. Follow up by using Shadow Ball after Swift.
Old 05-12-2014, 08:33 AM   #96
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge

ROUND 20: Sunny Times
Typhlosion vs Rotom

Furious, Typhlosion tries to fling out a Heat Wave, but Rotom manages to phase into the earth. However, in Rotom's relative exhaustion, the ghost does manage to get partially clipped before Rotom slips into the forest floor. Seconds after the Wave, Rotom reemerges, smirking. Typhlosion hisses and clenches her fists. When she throws out some Swift stars, Rotom winces but prepares its next attack. After a moment, Rotom garners a Shadow Ball, unleashing it onto Typhlosion. On cue, the poisons begin churning in Typhlosion.

---

Both Pokemon took noteworthy damage, but Typhlosion retains her formidable lead.

Typhlosion used slightly more energy and will want a breather. Rotom is okay for now, although the weather is still sunny.

-EmeraldGoblin to order.
Old 05-12-2014, 08:39 AM   #97
EmeraldGoblin
Banned

Thank goodness for no bide....

Hex into Dark Pulse.
Old 05-13-2014, 04:27 PM   #98
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

BIDE!

Flamethrower.

WF

Old 05-15-2014, 01:49 PM   #99
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge

ROUND 21: Poisoned
Typhlosion vs Rotom

Teeming with malice, Eska buzzes and flurries with ill-contained schadenfreude. The plasmatic ghost zooms around, knowing that the ball is in its court. And the time to play out this scenario presents itself. When Rotom smirks, the ghost accrues ethereal energy and summons a squall. Dark power swarms like a gathering storm, before transforming into a single eye which looms over Typhlosion. As the raw retina focusses on Helia, the spell crafts into a dastardly Hex. Typhlosion writhes in terror, while the onslaught bolsters further from the Fire-type's poisons. Shadows of unearthly waves pushes Helia, who staggers into a tree. She tries to focus, but the pain almost overwhelms. Can she push through this turmoil? When Typhlosion glances at Salamencia, her determination mounts again. For her Trainer, she plans to battle to the bitter end.

Stepping forward, Helia churns some heat within her stomach. Flames kindle, and Typhlosion gazes at Rotom. After she channels her anger into ire, Helia belches a Flamethrower onto Eska. Shrieking under the wreathe of fire, Rotom panics when his plasmatic form shudders with vulnerability under the special quality of the onslaught. Swelters boils across Rotom's form, as Eska wails. As the plasma ghost tumbles backwards, Eska swerves around the tree branch and zips towards Helia. If Typhlosion wants to play ball, Eska can play ball. Sinister energies accrue in Rotom's mouth, and Eska discharges at Helia. A squall of Darkness, shifting as interlocked rings, Pulses into Typhlosion, flinging her into a tree.

Helia winces when she squirms. Her poison worsens, and she gazes at Eska with baleful anger. Will this situation change? What could happen next? A distance away, Rotom scrutinises its opponent. Perhaps the battle will reach a crescendo soon.

---

Although he dips below the midpoint, Rotom has expended more energy than Typhlosion. However, Typhlosion remains in her first third.

Helia has weathered more damage than Rotom, equalising the two in terms of remaining health. They remain in their first third. Typhlosion's poison worsens.

The two creatures are sixteen feet apart from each other.

-Salamencia to order.
Old 05-21-2014, 12:10 PM   #100
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Swift x2 when Eska is visible. If you see a Light Screen, replace the second with a Quick Attack to smash it.

Apologies for the delay. How's the Sunny Day doing?

WF

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL