UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 05-01-2014, 04:34 PM   #51
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Send a message via Skype™ to Salamencia
No, he's back on the front deck. He'd have been just about able to clamber up after the Surf, I reckon, so I put him back up there. I knew I'd miss something.

WF

Yes, I am online. No, I am not ASBing currently. WF takes priority, as it tends to take up less of my time.
Salamencia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 04:45 PM   #52
Cloneblazer12
somewhat temporarily back

Send a message via Skype™ to Cloneblazer12
Thanks

---

When you wake up, Screech if hes near you. Push him off the edge with a Double Edge if need be. If he wasnt on top, a Bug Buzz will do nicely.

Size comparison JIC
Old 05-03-2014, 04:28 PM   #53
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Clone, you're replacing 2 moves with that "if" clauses. This is illegal. Only when I came to ref did I realise. Please reorder.

EDIT: Reading it again, it's actually two separate if clauses ("if he's there when you wake up" and "if needs be"). Also illegal.

WF

Yes, I am online. No, I am not ASBing currently. WF takes priority, as it tends to take up less of my time.
Old 05-03-2014, 04:36 PM   #54
Cloneblazer12

Didnt realize that. Sorry.

Once you wake up, look around to find him while staying low to the upper deck (where you were Resting). If hes on the upper deck, Screech him, followed by a Double Edge to push him off. If he wasnt, Bug Buzz while staying low to the upper deck.

GMII order style get!
Old 05-05-2014, 04:19 PM   #55
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Now that is replacing two orders with one. See above. Reorder please.

WF

Old 05-05-2014, 06:52 PM   #56
Cloneblazer12

Take 3

Lets try this a third time...

---

Once you wake up, stay low to the upper deck. Find him and Screech. If he's on the upper deck with you, Double Edge to push him off. If he wasn't, Bug Buzz while still staying low to the deck.

---

Hopefully this is good :$
Old 05-07-2014, 05:25 PM   #57
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Round... erm... 8: Back to Business

No. When are you going to realise I won’t be reffing those orders? What made you think that? …Ok, those orders are fine. I’ll ref. ;;

Boomer sleeps. This is quite boring. So much so that Pertti gets to moving this match on. He sizes up the wall in front of him, wondering how best to get to the top. He jumps into it, deciding the only real way is to climb. It’s pretty massive, after all. This takes time. Enough time for Boomer to wake and begin to look around. Fluttering close to the ground, he looks for anything Marshtomp-shaped. However, it’s not until he gets to the edge that he sees it. Pertti, still in the middle of his trek up the side of the ship. Boomer Screeches. Pertti is a little used to it though and manages to keep his footing. For about two seconds. He then slips, his hands and feet just not quite cut out for this job, falling to the deck awkwardly. Boomer adds to this pain by buzzing loudly and releasing red energy waves toward the Water/Ground combination, having to drift out into the open to actually fire the attack. Seeing his adversary’s body, Pertti responds with another of those shiny Ancient Powers! This hits. I really can’t do much more; TV’s distracting me. I hate writing one massive paragraph, too. Meh. Oh, and Boomer moves back out of sight, nursing his wounds (so to speak).

Summary

Boomer takes another big hit because Clone is trying to abuse the arena too lazily. Looking pretty battered now, while Pertti is looking much better (half remaining in the tank or so). Energy’s about even now, with both looking around half done there. Pertti’s Rock energy is pretty much depleted, and won’t fuel another full Ancient Power.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:51 PM   #58
Cloneblazer12

Its not being Lazy, is using strategy. Kinda.

Remain low to the top deck while you peek out and give him a Signal Beam. Follow up with another. Then afterwards pull back to the top deck out of sight. Dont expose yourself more than absolutely necessary.

NOT 3.

Last edited by Cloneblazer12; 05-07-2014 at 06:24 PM.
Cloneblazer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 11:40 AM   #59
Anzzi
Pokemon Trainer

This is soooooo boring. Fight like a man Clone.

Surf and jump after it to the upper deck. Then Scald.
Anzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 11:28 AM   #60
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Round 9: If Punching Yourself in the Nether-Regions Isn't Working...

No, Clone, it’s lazy. You clearly didn’t get what I meant at all. :p

Boomer continues to bore me. He gets a tripe reffing. He peeks out for a Signal Beam! It hits! Pertti abuses MAGICSURF! and propels himself to the top of the ship. Landing on his opponent. –Insert canned laughter-. He jumps off, deciding he doesn’t want to burn his own feet. Confused, Boomer takes a while to try and find something in his orders that prepares him for this eventuality. But there is nothing. LAZY ARENA ABUSE, PEOPLE! Pertti fires off a Scald, hurting the Yanma while it thinks. No burns. Boomer decides to fire another Signal Beam after, before staying low to the deck and covering his eyes to hide.

Did this really quickly simply because I’ve been taking up the time I would use for PASBL with birthday celebrations for my youngest sibling. Apologies, should never happen again. Not quite like this, I mean.

Summary

Boomer looks almost KOd here, though has a lead on energy. Ha ha ha… Pertti’s Fire reserves are absolutely fine. Amusingly. Boomer is hiding his eyes and on the floor.
Old 05-10-2014, 01:21 PM   #61
Cloneblazer12

Why would a Pokémon who's twice the size of his opponent be 'covering his eyes to hide' when I never ordered to do so?

Additionally, there is nothing in his bio nor his SC that states that he would be timid by any means.
Old 05-10-2014, 01:31 PM   #62
Anzzi
Pokemon Trainer

Scald and then Sludge Wave.
Old 05-10-2014, 02:56 PM   #63
Cloneblazer12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloneblazer12 View Post
Why would a Pokémon who's twice the size of his opponent be 'covering his eyes to hide' when I never ordered to do so?

Additionally, there is nothing in his bio nor his SC that states that he would be timid by any means.
Not ordering till this is answered.
Old 05-12-2014, 05:30 PM   #64
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloneblazer12 View Post
Not ordering till this is answered.
This is just fluff and would never have made any actual difference. I think I somehow thought you asked him to hide specifically. If it was ordered to hide, I'd have it try to do so within the restrictions of the orders/rules. I therefore decided to take artistic liberties and try to keep myself entertained while writing.

Like I say, wouldn't actually matter. After all, it can open its eyes in a split second.

WF

Old 05-12-2014, 05:44 PM   #65
Cloneblazer12

Fair enough, I guess.

Burst Agility to dodge Scald. Protect against Sludge Wave, then push the little shit off with Double Edge

Old 05-14-2014, 05:10 PM   #66
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Round 10: ... Why Not Do It Harder?

… Well. Most disappointing use of a 3-mover goes to… Machamp-X against me! Erm… I mean Clone and his incessant running away!

Pertti fires another stream of scaldingly hot water, but his somehow larger foe dodges the vast majority with a quick burst of speed. Little splashes his tail. This may or may not matter. No burn. Continuing his attempt to deal damage, Pertti launches a Sludge Wave. Because for some reason Marshtomp learns Sludge moves. CRACKFREAK! Not content with relying on Agility too much, Boomer erects a bright-green barrier to absorb it. Boomer then undoes all his hard work by dealing himself damage. Like. What. I did mention he was pretty much KOd, right? Yes, yes I did. Good. The Yanma lowers his head and rams Pertti hard in the chest. He carries on, insistent on knocking the adversary off. Pertti can’t really do much in the way of resistance, being swept off his feet and all, and is just about forced back to the front deck. Ouch. Fortunately for him, Boomer lands awkwardly. Being close to the edge with forward momentum, he too falls. Pertti gets up, feeling his arse gingerly. Boomer does not.

Boomer is unable to battle! Last Pokémon please, Clone.

Pertti did not escape unscathed and will soon be in trouble himself. Energy’s getting low too. Poison should be enough for another Sludge Wave, with Fire probably about half-full.
Old 05-14-2014, 05:56 PM   #67
Cloneblazer12

Boomer has wings bro, so Ill assume recoil damage did him in.

Grace, released away from him as far as possible.

Double Psychic Wave.
Old 05-15-2014, 09:50 AM   #68
Anzzi
Pokemon Trainer

Was Ralts released on the upper deck? If so, then Surf and jump to upper deck. Then Scald.

If Ralts was released to somewhere else: Scald x2.
Old 05-15-2014, 03:29 PM   #69
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

I should really answer these beforehand.

>Clone

Yes, recoil was what did for him; the falling description was basically a glimmer of my inner sadist. Just to clarify there.

>Anzzi

No, it'll be released on the front deck as that's where Pertti is right now.

WF

Old 05-17-2014, 03:34 AM   #70
Anzzi
Pokemon Trainer

I said "If Ralts was released to somewhere else: Scald x2" so let it be that.
Old 05-17-2014, 08:06 AM   #71
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Round 11: Not-So-Amazing Grace

Clone’s final Pokémon of the match is Grace, a seemingly undying Ralts. That will make no sense to Anzzi though. Basically I only just reffed it as being KOd elsewhere. She is released on the lower deck for reasons given above.

As she is fresher and was given her orders first, the Psychic-type is the first to move. She closes her eyes momentarily, focusing all her telekinetic powers as the referee generates as much fluff and filler text as he can. Grace quickly releases these powers in the form of a large, invisible wave of energy. Never will I understand why Psychic is invisible, but Pertti predictably acts shocked and surprised when this wave collides with him, resulting in a little knockback. The Water/Ground type responds with yet more of the same! A jet of boiling water leaves his mouth, emitting visible vapours as it races toward its mark and douses her. “Douses” is probably the wrong word, but you get my drift. And… third time’s the charm, as Grace’s mug is imprinted with a considerable amount of char.

Rinse and bloomin’ repeat. I have less than an hour before I need to leave the house (good timing on my part), so I won’t be dragging out the thesaurus. Grace launches a Psychic which hits. Slight knockback, but not enough to really be considered noteworthy. Pertti fires a Scald. This time around, however, Pertti’s long and hard battle catches up with him as he takes a little longer than he’d like to fire. This gives Grace enough warning to prepare for a dodge. Pertti’s Scald leaves his body and the Fairy gets moving. Much of the water strikes, but a fair portion passes harmlessly. Whoo. No burn.

Summary

Grace is still quite fresh. Pertti is very much the opposite and won’t take much to fall. His energy reserves are also practically empty, and he’s visibly tired. Can’t be firing another Scald either. Grace has a burn on her face.
Old 05-17-2014, 10:43 AM   #72
Anzzi
Pokemon Trainer

Endure when Ralts is attacking you. If you survive, use Confide.
Old 05-17-2014, 11:57 AM   #73
Cloneblazer12

Calm Mind. Then chill.
Old 05-19-2014, 05:08 PM   #74
Salamencia
UPN's very own Houdini

Round 12: No, Seriously

What a round to lose the 2x bonus on.

Grace calms her mind. Pertti waits for attacks, which don’t come. And waits. And the round ends.

Now wasn’t that worth it?

Summary

You work it out. ...Ok. Nothing happened, really, with Grace now sporting a CM boost. Pertti will still fall easily.
Old 05-19-2014, 05:09 PM   #75
Cloneblazer12

Sorry bout that.

End this. Magical Leaf. Another if hes somehow alive.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL