UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2022, 01:05 AM   #26
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Ulin had to think about Millicent's question, but when she answered, Millicent was not altogether reassured. Sharing uneasy looks with Willow, Millicent continued to follow Ulin, and it wasn't long before the group arrived at the Dairy Building. Nefertem had tripped over an odd bucket in an effort to block Ulin's way, and while she was ultimately OK, it was becoming increasingly obvious that Ulin should probably be stopped. As though to drive home this point, Nefertem hastily erected an Ice Barrier in front of the door.

Millicent wasted no time, stepping in front of the Gurdurr. "Ulin, don't do this," she said. "You know... you didn't answer my question. Not really. I didn't ask whether you felt like you needed to evolve, to be stronger, or to try and get your Trainer's attention- I asked whether you wanted to evolve. And going by what I heard from you... I don't think that you do. I'm not even convinced you wanted to evolve as far as Gurdurr in the first place. Take it from me- I don't want to evolve, either. Even if Willow is no longer a ghost inhabiting my log, even if I know Keith would be OK with it either way, I'm happy the way I am. If you evolve against your own will, just because you think you need to to prove something, or to get your Trainer to use you more, well... you won't be happy. You won't be satisfied."

The Timburr took a deep breath. "I once thought evolution would be the answer, too. I had lost a lot of battles over a short period of time, and that brought back all my old insecurities. And I tried to make myself evolve, tried to level myself up, and it was Willow who stepped in, brought this to Keith's attention. He entered me in the P1 Grand Prix the next day." Taking this as her cue, Willow stepped over to Keith, gesturing towards his backpack. Taking the hint, Keith took off his backpack and opened it up, and Willow dug around in it, extracting a gold belt from within. "I made it all the way to the finals, Ulin," Millicent was saying. "I had to go up against a powerful, fully-evolved Conkeldurr. And you know what?" she added, as Willow handed her sister her P1 Grand Prix champion belt. "...I won," stated Millicent, putting on the belt. "Evolution is not the solution to all of life's problems. It wouldn't have been for mine, and I'm convinced it won't be for yours. Ulin, I beg that you listen to me. I don't want you to feel ignored or trapped- that's why I've been keeping an ear out for when you got adopted, that's why I'm here today, to ensure that you went to a loving home- because I've felt ignored and trapped, and it sucks! It fucking sucks, and if it hadn't been for Willow, I would have killed myself because of it!" She panted, trying to catch her breath.

"Ulin," came Willow's voice, the Shiftry standing beside the Gurdurr. "I was still a spirit lingering in Millicent's log when she battled that Conkeldurr for the P1 belt. I saw the entire battle. I saw for myself a Timburr going head to head against a Conkeldurr and emerging victorious. If that does not constitute abundantly sufficient proof that evolution is not everything, I don't know what will. Please, talk to us," she gently requested.

"Tell us about your Trainer," said Millicent. "Tell us about Bobert. And tell us... what is it that makes you think you need to evolve whether you want to or not?"

~~~~~

The Z-Move went off without a hitch, Meowth landing a devastating blow that forced Palossand to back off. "Very nice," Willa said with a small smirk.

"...ehhh, ya mighta spoke too soon," Meowth replied with a nervous glance at the sky, for it had only slightly lightened up after the Never-Ending Nightmare.

"Gooooat," Gogoat murmured worriedly, glancing around as an eerie mist began to cover the beach.

"...What is that?" Willa murmured in a hushed tone, eyeing the shadowy mass that seemed to be approaching from a distance.

"I dunno, and I ain't so sure as I wanna find out," Meowth said nervously.

"Meowth, if whatever this is can help us find Bobert, then we can't afford to back down!" Willa whispered harshly. She turned her Pokédex towards the approaching shadowy mass- if this was a Pokémon, she was hoping to at least get some idea as to what they were about to deal with. Meowth and Gogoat stood at the ready, unsure whether they were going to need to attack or not, but prepared for either possibility all the same.
Old 02-28-2022, 08:35 PM   #27
Jahotsafits
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
Ulin had to think about Millicent's question, but when she answered, Millicent was not altogether reassured. Sharing uneasy looks with Willow, Millicent continued to follow Ulin, and it wasn't long before the group arrived at the Dairy Building. Nefertem had tripped over an odd bucket in an effort to block Ulin's way, and while she was ultimately OK, it was becoming increasingly obvious that Ulin should probably be stopped. As though to drive home this point, Nefertem hastily erected an Ice Barrier in front of the door.

Millicent wasted no time, stepping in front of the Gurdurr. "Ulin, don't do this," she said. "You know... you didn't answer my question. Not really. I didn't ask whether you felt like you needed to evolve, to be stronger, or to try and get your Trainer's attention- I asked whether you wanted to evolve. And going by what I heard from you... I don't think that you do. I'm not even convinced you wanted to evolve as far as Gurdurr in the first place. Take it from me- I don't want to evolve, either. Even if Willow is no longer a ghost inhabiting my log, even if I know Keith would be OK with it either way, I'm happy the way I am. If you evolve against your own will, just because you think you need to to prove something, or to get your Trainer to use you more, well... you won't be happy. You won't be satisfied."

The Timburr took a deep breath. "I once thought evolution would be the answer, too. I had lost a lot of battles over a short period of time, and that brought back all my old insecurities. And I tried to make myself evolve, tried to level myself up, and it was Willow who stepped in, brought this to Keith's attention. He entered me in the P1 Grand Prix the next day." Taking this as her cue, Willow stepped over to Keith, gesturing towards his backpack. Taking the hint, Keith took off his backpack and opened it up, and Willow dug around in it, extracting a gold belt from within. "I made it all the way to the finals, Ulin," Millicent was saying. "I had to go up against a powerful, fully-evolved Conkeldurr. And you know what?" she added, as Willow handed her sister her P1 Grand Prix champion belt. "...I won," stated Millicent, putting on the belt. "Evolution is not the solution to all of life's problems. It wouldn't have been for mine, and I'm convinced it won't be for yours. Ulin, I beg that you listen to me. I don't want you to feel ignored or trapped- that's why I've been keeping an ear out for when you got adopted, that's why I'm here today, to ensure that you went to a loving home- because I've felt ignored and trapped, and it sucks! It fucking sucks, and if it hadn't been for Willow, I would have killed myself because of it!" She panted, trying to catch her breath.

"Ulin," came Willow's voice, the Shiftry standing beside the Gurdurr. "I was still a spirit lingering in Millicent's log when she battled that Conkeldurr for the P1 belt. I saw the entire battle. I saw for myself a Timburr going head to head against a Conkeldurr and emerging victorious. If that does not constitute abundantly sufficient proof that evolution is not everything, I don't know what will. Please, talk to us," she gently requested.

"Tell us about your Trainer," said Millicent. "Tell us about Bobert. And tell us... what is it that makes you think you need to evolve whether you want to or not?"

~~~~~

The Z-Move went off without a hitch, Meowth landing a devastating blow that forced Palossand to back off. "Very nice," Willa said with a small smirk.

"...ehhh, ya mighta spoke too soon," Meowth replied with a nervous glance at the sky, for it had only slightly lightened up after the Never-Ending Nightmare.

"Gooooat," Gogoat murmured worriedly, glancing around as an eerie mist began to cover the beach.

"...What is that?" Willa murmured in a hushed tone, eyeing the shadowy mass that seemed to be approaching from a distance.

"I dunno, and I ain't so sure as I wanna find out," Meowth said nervously.

"Meowth, if whatever this is can help us find Bobert, then we can't afford to back down!" Willa whispered harshly. She turned her Pokédex towards the approaching shadowy mass- if this was a Pokémon, she was hoping to at least get some idea as to what they were about to deal with. Meowth and Gogoat stood at the ready, unsure whether they were going to need to attack or not, but prepared for either possibility all the same.
Ulins face contorts in a mixture of anger confusion and pain before turning around and shouting; "evolution is the only way to get stronger and there is only one way I can prove it." She gets in a combative stance and points to Millicent. "Fight me".
Off to the side Nefertem quickly interjects herself in between the two saying that " from what we have been told Bobert was a kind simple child who liked to be helpful but the two had one not personally met them (Nefertem) and or shortly went missing upon arrival at the farm making character assessments hard to do."

~~~~~~~~

The Pokedex after a bit of scanning brought up a picture of a Fizztopian Bulbasaur and the corresponding rundown. After a few more minutes the song seems to restart and this time is more understandable as the boat lists towards the shore.
The vessel upon closer inspection seems quite crudely constructed. The entire structure was a strange combination of string scales and other miscellaneous debris that one would expect to find on a beach or dock. the most interesting feature though seemed to be the inclusion of several broken green souvenir items from theme parks of sorts.
Before making contact with the shore the group notices a series of moves being used to store and propel the ship ahead adding billows to the sails.
Upon contact with the beach, it is clear that the captain was an oddly colored Bulbasaur sitting on the chest of a sleeping child staring ahead like a Miltank staring at an oncoming train. The kid looks like the boy you were looking for but his hair seems a bit greyer than you anticipated and in his hands rest an old radio and a stark white ball with stars on it.
The now groggy child slowly awakens before looking around disoriented and confused eventually turning off the radio and coming to his senses. the Toad shifts positions to stare at what can be assumed to be her trainer. Upon closer inspection of the white pumpkin, it appears to have a hidden smile staring at the lad.

The song's lyrics:
A patchwork of scales and other things
Held together with cursed string:
It's the Toad Boat!
Spooky Toad Boat!

Will transport you near and far!
Boy, I wish I'd brought my guitar...
On the Toad Boat!
Spooky Toad Boat!

Have no fear of the swirling mist;
It won't take you to the Abyss!
It's the Toad Boat!
Spooky Toad Boat!

Sail straight up to the skies above,
Where else to find unending love?
It's the Toad Boat!
Spooky Toad Boat!

The captain of this haunted raft
Will have you dancing fore and aft
On the Toad Boat!
Spooky Toad Boat!

Watch your step!
Old 03-01-2022, 12:49 AM   #28
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahotsafits View Post
Ulins face contorts in a mixture of anger confusion and pain before turning around and shouting; "evolution is the only way to get stronger and there is only one way I can prove it." She gets in a combative stance and points to Millicent. "Fight me".
Off to the side Nefertem quickly interjects herself in between the two saying that " from what we have been told Bobert was a kind simple child who liked to be helpful but the two had one not personally met them (Nefertem) and or shortly went missing upon arrival at the farm making character assessments hard to do."

~~~~~~~~

The Pokedex after a bit of scanning brought up a picture of a Fizztopian Bulbasaur and the corresponding rundown. After a few more minutes the song seems to restart and this time is more understandable as the boat lists towards the shore.
The vessel upon closer inspection seems quite crudely constructed. The entire structure was a strange combination of string scales and other miscellaneous debris that one would expect to find on a beach or dock. the most interesting feature though seemed to be the inclusion of several broken green souvenir items from theme parks of sorts.
Before making contact with the shore the group notices a series of moves being used to store and propel the ship ahead adding billows to the sails.
Upon contact with the beach, it is clear that the captain was an oddly colored Bulbasaur sitting on the chest of a sleeping child staring ahead like a Miltank staring at an oncoming train. The kid looks like the boy you were looking for but his hair seems a bit greyer than you anticipated and in his hands rest an old radio and a stark white ball with stars on it.
The now groggy child slowly awakens before looking around disoriented and confused eventually turning off the radio and coming to his senses. the Toad shifts positions to stare at what can be assumed to be her trainer. Upon closer inspection of the white pumpkin, it appears to have a hidden smile staring at the lad.

The song's lyrics:
A patchwork of scales and other things
Held together with cursed string:
It's the Toad Boat!
Spooky Toad Boat!

Will transport you near and far!
Boy, I wish I'd brought my guitar...
On the Toad Boat!
Spooky Toad Boat!

Have no fear of the swirling mist;
It won't take you to the Abyss!
It's the Toad Boat!
Spooky Toad Boat!

Sail straight up to the skies above,
Where else to find unending love?
It's the Toad Boat!
Spooky Toad Boat!

The captain of this haunted raft
Will have you dancing fore and aft
On the Toad Boat!
Spooky Toad Boat!

Watch your step!
Ulin's response to Millicent was, sadly enough, not unexpected. With a pained expression, the Gurdurr insisted that evolution was the only way to get stronger. Millicent shook her head vehemently- she knew for a fact that that wasn't right. But before she could begin to attack, Nefertem stepped in to answer that which Ulin had left unanswered- she personally had never met Bobert herself, and Ulin had only known Bobert for a short while before he went missing. But from what they had heard, he was a kind, simple child who liked to help out. That said, with how little they knew of the boy personally, further assessing his character was hard to do.

Millicent nodded. "Thank you, Nefertem," she replied. "But it's alright- if Ulin insists on a battle, if that's the only way I can make my point to her, then I accept that challenge." She turned her attention to Ulin. "I'll say it one more time. You're wrong," the Timburr said simply. "Evolution is one way to get stronger, but not the only one, it is not for everybody, and I don't believe it's for you. I don't want to battle you, not over this, but if it'll help you get my point, then I think it's for the best."

Keith, meanwhile, was watching this going on with a wary expression, very dearly missing the translations Meowth would be able to provde, but even without those he gathered that the Fighting-types were about to, well, fight. He glanced over at Willow, who returned the look with a small, serious nod and turned back to watch. Keith, getting the picture, nodded back and also turned to watch. Millicent very clearly had a point to prove, and prove it she would, whether Keith wanted her to or not.

Millicent made her first move, taking a deep breath, and causing a reddish aura to come over her body as she began to Work herself Up, powering up moves of all kinds. If Ulin came charging at her with any kind of contact move, she intended to trip the Gurdurr up, quite literally, with a Low Kick, whereas if the Gurdurr went to set up herself or else attack from a distance, then Millicent would shoulder her log like a bazooka and fire from it a Shadow Ball. Though, of course, all of this would naturally wait until Nefertem was out of harm's way. Well, maybe not the Work Up, she could probably do that much at least.

Willa raised an eyebrow as her Pokédex began to recite Pumpkasaur's entry, and the other eyebrow followed suit as the boat made contact with the shore- the captain appeared to be a Pumpkasaur, and a Shiny one at that, and lying down beneath said Shiny Pumpkasaur was a child who got Willa to hastily double check the poster she'd been given. A relieved smile broke out across her face, especially as the child seemed to wake up, looking around in confusion. "Oh, thank Xerneas," exhaled Willa. "Excuse me- are you Bobert?"she asked gently. "My name is Willa Masters- my husband and I been helping to look for you, everybody's been worried sick. This is my partner Pokémon, Gogoat, and my husband's talking Meowth."

"Who can tal- hey, wha- aw, come on, I wanted ta get a reaction outta him!" Meowth whined.

"Then you should have spoken up sooner, Meowth," Willa stated simply with the slightest semblance of a smirk, before turning her full attention right back to the child before her.
Old 06-17-2022, 10:41 PM   #29
Jahotsafits
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Ulin's response to Millicent was, sadly enough, not unexpected. With a pained expression, the Gurdurr insisted that evolution was the only way to get stronger. Millicent shook her head vehemently- she knew for a fact that that wasn't right. But before she could begin to attack, Nefertem stepped in to answer that which Ulin had left unanswered- she personally had never met Bobert herself, and Ulin had only known Bobert for a short while before he went missing. But from what they had heard, he was a kind, simple child who liked to help out. That said, with how little they knew of the boy personally, further assessing his character was hard to do.

Millicent nodded. "Thank you, Nefertem," she replied. "But it's alright- if Ulin insists on a battle, if that's the only way I can make my point to her, then I accept that challenge." She turned her attention to Ulin. "I'll say it one more time. You're wrong," the Timburr said simply. "Evolution is one way to get stronger, but not the only one, it is not for everybody, and I don't believe it's for you. I don't want to battle you, not over this, but if it'll help you get my point, then I think it's for the best."

Keith, meanwhile, was watching this going on with a wary expression, very dearly missing the translations Meowth would be able to provde, but even without those he gathered that the Fighting-types were about to, well, fight. He glanced over at Willow, who returned the look with a small, serious nod and turned back to watch. Keith, getting the picture, nodded back and also turned to watch. Millicent very clearly had a point to prove, and prove it she would, whether Keith wanted her to or not.

Millicent made her first move, taking a deep breath, and causing a reddish aura to come over her body as she began to Work herself Up, powering up moves of all kinds. If Ulin came charging at her with any kind of contact move, she intended to trip the Gurdurr up, quite literally, with a Low Kick, whereas if the Gurdurr went to set up herself or else attack from a distance, then Millicent would shoulder her log like a bazooka and fire from it a Shadow Ball. Though, of course, all of this would naturally wait until Nefertem was out of harm's way. Well, maybe not the Work Up, she could probably do that much at least.

Willa raised an eyebrow as her Pokédex began to recite Pumpkasaur's entry, and the other eyebrow followed suit as the boat made contact with the shore- the captain appeared to be a Pumpkasaur, and a Shiny one at that, and lying down beneath said Shiny Pumpkasaur was a child who got Willa to hastily double check the poster she'd been given. A relieved smile broke out across her face, especially as the child seemed to wake up, looking around in confusion. "Oh, thank Xerneas," exhaled Willa. "Excuse me- are you Bobert?"she asked gently. "My name is Willa Masters- my husband and I been helping to look for you, everybody's been worried sick. This is my partner Pokémon, Gogoat, and my husband's talking Meowth."

"Who can tal- hey, wha- aw, come on, I wanted ta get a reaction outta him!" Meowth whined.

"Then you should have spoken up sooner, Meowth," Willa stated simply with the slightest semblance of a smirk, before turning her full attention right back to the child before her.

Ulin, noticing the opposing Timber tense up, dashes forwards leaning into her attack. Her fist extends surprisingly fast as she lands a brutal Sucker Punch on Millicent who expertly counters with a Low Kick destabilizing Ulin.

as she starts to tumble to the ground Ulin starts to twist into it bashing one arm into the ground rocketing herself back up and using the momentum to bash into Millicent once more (Doubble Iron Bash)

Nefertem looks on uneasy and worried.

Bobert, worse for wear, greets Willa and company respectfully with a nervous nod, "Y-yes I am". Disembarking Bobert picks up his little pumpkin friend and holds her in his arms. the boat soon after collapses into rubble.
Looking back at it Bobert gives a half-hearted smile before returning his weary gaze back at them. "thank you for your concern?" he seems clearly shaken from the whole ordeal and frankly exhausted. As an experienced trainer/adventurer you can clearly tell that there is some definite trauma and that this individual is probably not quite there if you will, emotionally.

He asks you to follow him as he makes his way up the beach and begins meandering over towards the way you came. "I'm going to get a check-up at the medics office."
Old 06-18-2022, 04:16 AM   #30
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:

Ulin, noticing the opposing Timber tense up, dashes forwards leaning into her attack. Her fist extends surprisingly fast as she lands a brutal Sucker Punch on Millicent who expertly counters with a Low Kick destabilizing Ulin.

as she starts to tumble to the ground Ulin starts to twist into it bashing one arm into the ground rocketing herself back up and using the momentum to bash into Millicent once more (Doubble Iron Bash)

Nefertem looks on uneasy and worried.

Bobert, worse for wear, greets Willa and company respectfully with a nervous nod, "Y-yes I am". Disembarking Bobert picks up his little pumpkin friend and holds her in his arms. the boat soon after collapses into rubble.
Looking back at it Bobert gives a half-hearted smile before returning his weary gaze back at them. "thank you for your concern?" he seems clearly shaken from the whole ordeal and frankly exhausted. As an experienced trainer/adventurer you can clearly tell that there is some definite trauma and that this individual is probably not quite there if you will, emotionally.

He asks you to follow him as he makes his way up the beach and begins meandering over towards the way you came. "I'm going to get a check-up at the medics office."
The battle began! Ulin landed a Sucker Punch before Millicent was able to land the Low Kick. However, the Gurdurr was able to turn the momentum from the fall around, slamming the Timburr with the second half of a powerful Double Iron Bash! A move none of them had seen before, let alone were expecting. That being said, from seeing her opponent recover so spectacularly from that fall, Millicent was expecting something at least, and met the move head-on with a Fire Punch! She didn't know whether this would overpower Ulin or merely hold her at bay, but either way, with her free arm, the one holding onto her log, she made to shoulder said log like a bazooka, took aim at the Gurdurr with it, and fired a Shadow Ball from it!

Keith, meanwhile, heard his PokéGear ring, perking up instantly upon recognizing Willa's ringtone. "Willa? What's going on?" he asked upon answering. A moment later, his expression turned to one of relief. "Oh, thank Arceus," he sighed. "Where are you now?" A few moments' pause. Keith glanced at the pair of fighting Fighting-types. "That, uh, remains to be seen," he murmured. "Millicent and Ulin are sort of in the middle of a battle. I can't really say for certain what this is about without Meowth to translate, but I think Ulin might be evolving for the wrong reasons? Millicent certainly seems concerned about her." Another pause. "I'll try it," he said. "See you later. Hopefully sooner," he added. Another pause, and he smiled. "Love you too," he said, before hanging up. "Hey- hey, Ulin!" Keith called, trying to catch the Gurdurr's attention. "My wife, she found Bobert, he's OK!"

Willa nodded as Bobert thanked her for her concern. He seemed clearly traumatized by whatever he experienced, and made to follow him. "That's a good idea," she stated as he voiced his intention to get a check-up. "While we're going that way, I'll let my husband know we found you." As she spoke, she took out her Holo Caster and placed a call to Keith, who picked up nigh immediately.

"Willa? What's going on?" Keith asked, a hologram of his likeness appearing above the device.

"We found Bobert," Willa stated, getting right to the point. "He seems shaken up, but otherwise OK."

"Oh, thank Arceus," Keith sighed in relief. "Where are you now?"

"On the way to the medic's office," Willa responded. "Bobert wants to get a checkup. Can you meet me there?"

"That, uh, remains to be seen," Keith said uncertainly. "Millicent and Ulin are sort of in the middle of a battle. I can't really say for certain what this is about without Meowth to translate, but I think Ulin might be evolving for the wrong reasons? Millicent certainly seems concerned about her."

"Hm," frowned Willa. "Well, see how it plays out. Maybe tell them we found Bobert, see if that gets them to stop. No doubt Ulin is worried about him."

"I'll try it," Keith stated. "See you later. Hopefully sooner."

Willa chuckled. "All right," she said. "Love you."

Keith smiled. "Love you, too," he said, before the call was terminated.
Old 06-18-2022, 01:47 PM   #31
Jahotsafits
Cascade Badge

Quote:
The battle began! Ulin landed a Sucker Punch before Millicent was able to land the Low Kick. However, the Gurdurr was able to turn the momentum from the fall around, slamming the Timburr with the second half of a powerful Double Iron Bash! A move none of them had seen before, let alone were expecting. That being said, from seeing her opponent recover so spectacularly from that fall, Millicent was expecting something at least, and met the move head-on with a Fire Punch! She didn't know whether this would overpower Ulin or merely hold her at bay, but either way, with her free arm, the one holding onto her log, she made to shoulder said log like a bazooka, took aim at the Gurdurr with it, and fired a Shadow Ball from it!

Keith, meanwhile, heard his PokéGear ring, perking up instantly upon recognizing Willa's ringtone. "Willa? What's going on?" he asked upon answering. A moment later, his expression turned to one of relief. "Oh, thank Arceus," he sighed. "Where are you now?" A few moments' pause. Keith glanced at the pair of fighting Fighting-types. "That, uh, remains to be seen," he murmured. "Millicent and Ulin are sort of in the middle of a battle. I can't really say for certain what this is about without Meowth to translate, but I think Ulin might be evolving for the wrong reasons? Millicent certainly seems concerned about her." Another pause. "I'll try it," he said. "See you later. Hopefully sooner," he added. Another pause, and he smiled. "Love you too," he said, before hanging up. "Hey- hey, Ulin!" Keith called, trying to catch the Gurdurr's attention. "My wife, she found Bobert, he's OK!"

Willa nodded as Bobert thanked her for her concern. He seemed clearly traumatized by whatever he experienced, and made to follow him. "That's a good idea," she stated as he voiced his intention to get a check-up. "While we're going that way, I'll let my husband know we found you." As she spoke, she took out her Holo Caster and placed a call to Keith, who picked up nigh immediately.

"Willa? What's going on?" Keith asked, a hologram of his likeness appearing above the device.

"We found Bobert," Willa stated, getting right to the point. "He seems shaken up, but otherwise OK."

"Oh, thank Arceus," Keith sighed in relief. "Where are you now?"

"On the way to the medic's office," Willa responded. "Bobert wants to get a checkup. Can you meet me there?"

"That, uh, remains to be seen," Keith said uncertainly. "Millicent and Ulin are sort of in the middle of a battle. I can't really say for certain what this is about without Meowth to translate, but I think Ulin might be evolving for the wrong reasons? Millicent certainly seems concerned about her."

"Hm," frowned Willa. "Well, see how it plays out. Maybe tell them we found Bobert, see if that gets them to stop. No doubt Ulin is worried about him."

"I'll try it," Keith stated. "See you later. Hopefully sooner."

Willa chuckled. "All right," she said. "Love you."

Keith smiled. "Love you, too," he said before the call was terminated.

The fire punch lands and scorches Ulin who shrugs it off. As Millicent lofts her log up towards her foe Ulin vanishes and reappears behind and above (Teleport) her and like a hammer driving a nail through wood attempts to hit Millicent into the ground with Hammer Arm

Nefertem's ears perk up at the mention of Bobert's safety and absolutely beams will delight and excitement and it is as if the whole world seems a bit brighter (Sunny Day)

The walk is a long and quiet one towards the medic station and upon reaching there seems to be a small crowd waiting anxiously followed by cheers, tears hugs, and other central and minor things before a tallish lady with short pink hair interrupts the commission and maneuvers the distraught boy towards the medical office despite much protest.

A loud and boisterous voice cuts through the noise stating "All yall get back to work, this ain't no sideshow and well let ye know what's up later. Now get!" after a few more moments of protest, the crowd disperses leaving a man who was comforting a woman who was crying into his shoulder and whispering to her comforting words.
The man then addresses you, "Are you the ones that found our boy" he said through damp eyes.
Old 06-19-2022, 12:03 AM   #32
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:

The fire punch lands and scorches Ulin who shrugs it off. As Millicent lofts her log up towards her foe Ulin vanishes and reappears behind and above (Teleport) her and like a hammer driving a nail through wood attempts to hit Millicent into the ground with Hammer Arm

Nefertem's ears perk up at the mention of Bobert's safety and absolutely beams will delight and excitement and it is as if the whole world seems a bit brighter (Sunny Day)

The walk is a long and quiet one towards the medic station and upon reaching there seems to be a small crowd waiting anxiously followed by cheers, tears hugs, and other central and minor things before a tallish lady with short pink hair interrupts the commission and maneuvers the distraught boy towards the medical office despite much protest.

A loud and boisterous voice cuts through the noise stating "All yall get back to work, this ain't no sideshow and well let ye know what's up later. Now get!" after a few more moments of protest, the crowd disperses leaving a man who was comforting a woman who was crying into his shoulder and whispering to her comforting words.
The man then addresses you, "Are you the ones that found our boy" he said through damp eyes.
Ulin was struck by the Fire Punch, but shrugged it off, and then Teleported out of sight! Initially surprised, Millicent didn't let this unexpected development throw her off. Instead, with a gleam in her eye, she managed to Detect the incoming Hammer Arm, evading it with almost unnatural ease, causing Ulin's Hammer Arm to strike naught but the ground! Wheeling around, Millicent regarded Ulin with a grin- even if the circumstances surrounding the battle weren't exactly what the Timburr would've preferred to see, there was no denying she was enjoying herself nevertheless!

And she didn't stop there, either. Wasting no time, Millicent lunged at Ulin- no doubt the Gurdurr would need to recover after missing that Hammer Arm, so the time was right to land a solid blow with Poison Jab!

Willow approached Nefertem. "I am torn as to whether we step in to stop the battle so that we can go see Bobert," she said softly, "or let them conclude. I confess it's an interesting battle so far. Ulin is holding her own quite well, considering she is up against a P1 Grand Prix Champion." Keith, meanwhile, said nothing, simply watching the battle at this point.

Once they reached the medic station, it became clear just how much Bobert had been missed. Thankfully, a taller lady was able to get Bobert into the medical office and away from the crowd, which subsequently dispersed. This left but a singular couple, with the lady crying into the man's shoulder, and the man comforting her, though before turning to Willa, asking if she was the one who found their boy. "Indeed, yes," Willa confirmed with a nod. "My name is Willa Masters. These are my partners, Gogoat and Meowstic, and this is my husband's Meowth," she added, introducing the Pokémon with her in turn.

"Heya," Meowth chimed in.

"My husband and I came here today because his Timburr caught wind of the fact that a Timburr she had met in the Adoption Center finally got adopted, and she wanted to ensure that said Timburr was happy. Of course, once we arrived, we soon learned of Bobert's disappearance, so I told Keith- my husband- to take his Timburr to meet Bobert's Timburr, as per the original plan, and I set out to look for your son. Though that's not to say Keith wouldn't have helped," Willa added fairly. "Keith and I, we're parents ourselves, we could very well imagine how we'd feel if it was our Maribel who went missing like that," she said gravely. "Nevertheless, I'm happy we were able to locate your son, although I confess myself curious as to exactly what it was that had caused his disappearance," she added. "You see, he sort of just... floated to shore on a peculiar boat, and that Shiny Pumpkasaur was with him. This was just after Meowth and I defeated a Palossand on the beach- whether there's some correlation there, as of right now I can only speculate," admitted Willa. "I- I apologize, I'm beginning to ramble," she added, shaking her head.
Old 06-30-2022, 10:03 PM   #33
Jahotsafits
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Ulin was struck by the Fire Punch, but shrugged it off, and then Teleported out of sight! Initially surprised, Millicent didn't let this unexpected development throw her off. Instead, with a gleam in her eye, she managed to Detect the incoming Hammer Arm, evading it with almost unnatural ease, causing Ulin's Hammer Arm to strike naught but the ground! Wheeling around, Millicent regarded Ulin with a grin- even if the circumstances surrounding the battle weren't exactly what the Timburr would've preferred to see, there was no denying she was enjoying herself nevertheless!

And she didn't stop there, either. Wasting no time, Millicent lunged at Ulin- no doubt the Gurdurr would need to recover after missing that Hammer Arm, so the time was right to land a solid blow with Poison Jab!

Willow approached Nefertem. "I am torn as to whether we step in to stop the battle so that we can go see Bobert," she said softly, "or let them conclude. I confess it's an interesting battle so far. Ulin is holding her own quite well, considering she is up against a P1 Grand Prix Champion." Keith, meanwhile, said nothing, simply watching the battle at this point.

Once they reached the medic station, it became clear just how much Bobert had been missed. Thankfully, a taller lady was able to get Bobert into the medical office and away from the crowd, which subsequently dispersed. This left but a singular couple, with the lady crying into the man's shoulder, and the man comforting her, though before turning to Willa, asking if she was the one who found their boy. "Indeed, yes," Willa confirmed with a nod. "My name is Willa Masters. These are my partners, Gogoat and Meowstic, and this is my husband's Meowth," she added, introducing the Pokémon with her in turn.

"Heya," Meowth chimed in.

"My husband and I came here today because his Timburr caught wind of the fact that a Timburr she had met in the Adoption Center finally got adopted, and she wanted to ensure that said Timburr was happy. Of course, once we arrived, we soon learned of Bobert's disappearance, so I told Keith- my husband- to take his Timburr to meet Bobert's Timburr, as per the original plan, and I set out to look for your son. Though that's not to say Keith wouldn't have helped," Willa added fairly. "Keith and I, we're parents ourselves, we could very well imagine how we'd feel if it was our Maribel who went missing like that," she said gravely. "Nevertheless, I'm happy we were able to locate your son, although I confess myself curious as to exactly what it was that had caused his disappearance," she added. "You see, he sort of just... floated to shore on a peculiar boat, and that Shiny Pumpkasaur was with him. This was just after Meowth and I defeated a Palossand on the beach- whether there's some correlation there, as of right now I can only speculate," admitted Willa. "I- I apologize, I'm beginning to ramble," she added, shaking her head.

Ulin lodges her arm into the ground and grimaces as she is jabbed in the side; the impact area begins to quickly turn purple and begins to spread.
Ulin seemingly slightly pinned digs into the ground with her other hand and upheaved a small bolder before tossing it at her opponent (Rock Through). She seems to be losing some steam.

Nefertem looks over to Willow and says "frankly I don't see this going on for much longer and besides she needs this."

The man goes to speak and does a double-take toward the Meowth and then continues on. "Oh, well then thank you for escorting him over here then. I am Jacques but you may call me Jeb, and this is my wife Margaery. Were just glad he's alive. though it's strange that he floated back." He pauses for a moment," I'm sure Jen will give us a full report when she is done, besides I think it is best if we let him est for now." Jeb then gestures over towards a building before inviting you to take a break in the office while he sends somebody to round up the other half of your crew. (This is the temp end of this side of things until the other half is done)
Old 07-01-2022, 04:15 AM   #34
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:

Ulin lodges her arm into the ground and grimaces as she is jabbed in the side; the impact area begins to quickly turn purple and begins to spread.
Ulin seemingly slightly pinned digs into the ground with her other hand and upheaved a small bolder before tossing it at her opponent (Rock Through). She seems to be losing some steam.

Nefertem looks over to Willow and says "frankly I don't see this going on for much longer and besides she needs this."

The man goes to speak and does a double-take toward the Meowth and then continues on. "Oh, well then thank you for escorting him over here then. I am Jacques but you may call me Jeb, and this is my wife Margaery. Were just glad he's alive. though it's strange that he floated back." He pauses for a moment," I'm sure Jen will give us a full report when she is done, besides I think it is best if we let him est for now." Jeb then gestures over towards a building before inviting you to take a break in the office while he sends somebody to round up the other half of your crew. (This is the temp end of this side of things until the other half is done)
Willow nodded in agreement with Nefertem, in terms of both the battle's almost certainly short duration and of the fact that Ulin seemed to need this. The Shiftry decided to simply watch the rest of the battle play out, the same as Keith was doing.

Millicent had backed up after delivering the Poison Jab, and so saw the Rock Throw coming. A reddish aura came over her body as she brandished her log, and as the rock flew near, she swung the log with all her might, using a forceful Counter to return the rock to sender! Rock Throw wouldn't have dealt too much damage to a Fighting-type, but Counter was still doubling the power of that blow- Ulin was gonna feel this, no question.

But she didn't stop there. Sensing that the end of the fight was imminent, Millicent decided to put everything she had into a decisive finishing blow. The log she wielded now glowed a vibrant green as she whirled it overhead, and the Timburr slammed the end of said log into the ground. This sent a ripple of energy through the ground from where the log made its impact, and moments later, four large, thorny roots erupted from under the ground all around Ulin, slamming into the Gurdurr with great force. The Frenzy Plant, further powered up by the earlier Work Up, was sure to deal great damage. Great enough, perhaps, to even end the fight right then and there? That remained to be seen, but the Timburr was fairly confident in herself, and not without reason- as though to drive home that point, her P1 Grand Prix champion belt gleamed in the intensified sunlight.

On the sidelines, Keith was already digging into his backpack for some berries. Pecha and Sitrus at the very least, he reasoned- surely the battle wasn't going on for much longer, if indeed it went on at all following that last attack from his Timburr, so he wanted to be ready to heal up both Fighting-types.

Meowth grinned at the reaction his talking had elicited, though didn't say anything else for the moment.

Willa nodded at Jeb's words. "Letting him rest does indeed seem like the best idea," she concurred. She nodded again at the offer to take a break in the office, and there she would wait for Keith to catch up.

"Goa-oa-oat!" bleated Gogoat excitedly, having clearly restrained himself greatly from excitedly greeting the emotionally exhausted parents.

Willa turned to the Grass-type, an amused smile on her face. "Gogoat, thank you for your help, truly," she stated. "For right now, how about you take a rest in your ball?" she suggested, holding up the Ultra Ball. At this, Gogoat gave a small nod, and Willa nodded back. "Gogoat, return," she stated, withdrawing the Mount Pokémon.

"Dat was a good call," Meowth commented. "Gogoat still knows how ta blur da lines between a friendly greetin' and a Tackle attack."

Willa nodded. "Indeed, Meowth," she agreed. "That's the sort of overexcitement these people don't exactly need at the moment." And with that, she followed Jeb and Margaery to the office.
Old 07-01-2022, 03:24 PM   #35
Jahotsafits
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Willow nodded in agreement with Nefertem, in terms of both the battle's almost certainly short duration and of the fact that Ulin seemed to need this. The Shiftry decided to simply watch the rest of the battle play out, the same as Keith was doing.

Millicent had backed up after delivering the Poison Jab, and so saw the Rock Throw coming. A reddish aura came over her body as she brandished her log, and as the rock flew near, she swung the log with all her might, using a forceful Counter to return the rock to sender! Rock Throw wouldn't have dealt too much damage to a Fighting-type, but Counter was still doubling the power of that blow- Ulin was gonna feel this, no question.

But she didn't stop there. Sensing that the end of the fight was imminent, Millicent decided to put everything she had into a decisive finishing blow. The log she wielded now glowed a vibrant green as she whirled it overhead, and the Timburr slammed the end of said log into the ground. This sent a ripple of energy through the ground from where the log made its impact, and moments later, four large, thorny roots erupted from under the ground all around Ulin, slamming into the Gurdurr with great force. The Frenzy Plant, further powered up by the earlier Work Up, was sure to deal great damage. Great enough, perhaps, to even end the fight right then and there? That remained to be seen, but the Timburr was fairly confident in herself, and not without reason- as though to drive home that point, her P1 Grand Prix champion belt gleamed in the intensified sunlight.

Keith was already digging into his backpack for berries on the sidelines. Pecha and Sitrus at the very least, he reasoned- surely the battle wasn't going on for much longer if indeed it went on at all following that last attack from his Timburr, so he wanted to be ready to heal up both Fighting-types.

Ulin being countered and tossed to the ground shakily stands up again and curls her fist tightly as her muscles tighten with all of her remaining strength. From the looks of things, she is barely standing and will succumb to the poisoning after this hit but Ulin doesn't seem to care. She bursts forwards and connects her last most devastating hit possible exporting the last of her energy and resolve, a maxed Iron Fist boosted Pinch Punch.

Her body then freezes and the light fades from her eyes as she passes out frozen like a statue; her fist still extended outwards.
Old 07-01-2022, 07:44 PM   #36
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:

Ulin being countered and tossed to the ground shakily stands up again and curls her fist tightly as her muscles tighten with all of her remaining strength. From the looks of things, she is barely standing and will succumb to the poisoning after this hit but Ulin doesn't seem to care. She bursts forwards and connects her last most devastating hit possible exporting the last of her energy and resolve, a maxed Iron Fist boosted Pinch Punch.

Her body then freezes and the light fades from her eyes as she passes out frozen like a statue; her fist still extended outwards.
Ulin knew the battle was nearly over, but damn if she wasn't gonna go out swinging, and quite literally so! Landing a potent Pinch Punch, fueled massively by a distinct lack of hit points, to say nothing of the Iron Fist with which the move was delivered, and Millicent was sent flying. Keith winced as he saw the landing, but the Timburr was able to get back up. She looked very much worn down by the battle, panting heavily, leaning on her log for support, but she was still standing, still conscious. The same could not be said for Ulin- frozen in place, clearly knocked out, having expended her last bit of energy to deliver that devastating blow.

Keith and Willow approached the pair of Fighting-types, smiling in appreciation of the great battle they'd just witnessed. "Wow, what a battle," Keith chuckled. "Millicent, you were great."

"Burr burr, Timburr!" grinned Millicent, though she looked at Ulin with no small amount of concern. There was also a bit of respect in that look- it had, after all, been quite a good battle, and with how close it had come, Millicent found she'd gained more than a little respect for the evolved Fighting-type.

Keith nodded in understanding, berries still ready and waiting in hand- now was the time to take action. "Willow, use Soft-Boiled," he told his Shiftry.

"Shif try," nodded Willow. She turned to Ulin and closed her eyes, holding her leaf fans close together. A glowing egg-shaped mass formed between them in a matter of seconds. Willow then spread the fans apart, and the Soft-Boiled floated into the Gurdurr's body. A single use of Soft-Boiled wouldn't be enough to fully heal Ulin, of course, but at least it'd give her back some energy, help her regain consciousness, and the berries Keith was prepared to offer the Gurdurr would help all the more- a Pecha Berry and a couple of Sitrus and Leppa Berries.
Old 07-01-2022, 09:38 PM   #37
Jahotsafits
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Ulin knew the battle was nearly over, but damn if she wasn't gonna go out swinging, and quite literally so! Landing a potent Pinch Punch, fueled massively by a distinct lack of hit points, to say nothing of the Iron Fist with which the move was delivered, and Millicent was sent flying. Keith winced as he saw the landing, but the Timburr was able to get back up. She looked very much worn down by the battle, panting heavily, leaning on her log for support, but she was still standing, still conscious. The same could not be said for Ulin- frozen in place, clearly knocked out, having expended her last bit of energy to deliver that devastating blow.

Keith and Willow approached the pair of Fighting-types, smiling in appreciation of the great battle they'd just witnessed. "Wow, what a battle," Keith chuckled. "Millicent, you were great."

"Burr burr, Timburr!" grinned Millicent, though she looked at Ulin with no small amount of concern. There was also a bit of respect in that look- it had, after all, been quite a good battle, and with how close it had come, Millicent found she'd gained more than a little respect for the evolved Fighting-type.

Keith nodded in understanding, berries still ready and waiting in hand- now was the time to take action. "Willow, use Soft-Boiled," he told his Shiftry.

"Shif try," nodded Willow. She turned to Ulin and closed her eyes, holding her leaf fans close together. A glowing egg-shaped mass formed between them in a matter of seconds. Willow then spread the fans apart, and the Soft-Boiled floated into the Gurdurr's body. A single-use of Soft-Boiled wouldn't be enough to fully heal Ulin, of course, but at least it'd give her back some energy, help her regain consciousness, and the berries Keith was prepared to offer the Gurdurr would help all the more- a Pecha Berry and a couple of Sitrus and Leppa Berries.

The egg enters Ulin and revitalizes her enough and her mussels loosen as she slumps into Nefertem's arms. She after stabilizing Ulin to the best of her ability uses Life Dew for the two combatants.

You can tell that Ulin is awake and is only pretending to still be out.
shortly after the duo is healed up more a jeep rolls up to the group. A pair of young-ish adults come to a stop and ask "are you Keith Masters?"
Old 07-02-2022, 04:17 AM   #38
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:

The egg enters Ulin and revitalizes her enough and her mussels loosen as she slumps into Nefertem's arms. She after stabilizing Ulin to the best of her ability uses Life Dew for the two combatants.

You can tell that Ulin is awake and is only pretending to still be out.
shortly after the duo is healed up more a jeep rolls up to the group. A pair of young-ish adults come to a stop and ask "are you Keith Masters?"
As the Soft-Boiled took effect, Ulin went limp, slumping into Nefertem's arms, and the Lombre set to work, using Life Dew to revitalize both Fighting-types. "Ahhh," Millicent sighed contentedly. She then looked at the Gurdurr, still seemingly asleep, but the Timburr wasn't fooled. "Ulin, I know you can hear me," she said gently. "That was a great battle. Ended up being really close near the end. I defy anyone to call you weak," she smiled. "But I hope you see my point now- evolution is not the only way to get stronger."

"Millicent is quite right," Willow added gently. "To have fared as well as you did against a P1 Grand Prix Champion, you are anything but weak. And as Millicent said, she won that belt by defeating a Conkeldurr. If you still think evolution is necessary to get strong, I know a Weedle I would like you to see in action someday."

Not long after this, a jeep rolled up to the group, with a pair of young adults inside. As they stopped, they addressed Keith, asking if he was, indeed, Keith Masters. Keith nodded in response. "I am," he confirmed. "Who might you be?" he asked the newcomers.
Old 07-02-2022, 04:33 PM   #39
Jahotsafits
Cascade Badge

Quote:
As the Soft-Boiled took effect, Ulin went limp, slumping into Nefertem's arms, and the Lombre set to work, using Life Dew to revitalize both Fighting-types. "Ahhh," Millicent sighed contentedly. She then looked at the Gurdurr, still seemingly asleep, but the Timburr wasn't fooled. "Ulin, I know you can hear me," she said gently. "That was a great battle. Ended up being really close near the end. I defy anyone to call you weak," she smiled. "But I hope you see my point now- evolution is not the only way to get stronger."

"Millicent is quite right," Willow added gently. "To have fared as well as you did against a P1 Grand Prix Champion, you are anything but weak. And as Millicent said, she won that belt by defeating a Conkeldurr. If you still think evolution is necessary to get strong, I know a Weedle I would like you to see in action someday."

Not long after this, a jeep rolled up to the group, with a pair of young adults inside. As they stopped, they addressed Keith, asking if he was, indeed, Keith Masters. Keith nodded in response. "I am," he confirmed. "Who might you be?" he asked the newcomers.

"Our father sent us to fetch you, I am Bohdi and this is my twin Bridget", he gestures over to his passenger. "Hop on in, your wife is with our folks in the office." He then takes a look around at the group and gestures to the seemingly unconscious Gurderr. "What happens here?"
Old 07-02-2022, 07:22 PM   #40
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
"Our father sent us to fetch you, I am Bohdi and this is my twin Bridget", he gestures over to his passenger. "Hop on in, your wife is with our folks in the office." He then takes a look around at the group and gestures to the seemingly unconscious Gurderr. "What happens here?"
"Ah, OK, good to meet you, Bohdi, Bridget," Keith nodded in response to the introduction and explanation. Bohdi then invited Keith to hop in, though before Keith could do so, Bohdi couldn't help but notice the seemingly unconscious Gurdurr, and asked the obvious question.

"If I'm being perfectly honest, I kinda wanna know some of the finer details on that myself," Keith admitted. "But the basic gist of it is this- while my wife was out looking for Bobert, I was sticking to the original plan- entire reason we're here today is because Millicent, my Timburr here, she knew of another female Timburr that had spent a long time in the Adoption Center. It's, well, that kinda thing hits close to home for her," he explained. "So once word got to her that the Timburr in question was adopted, Millicent wanted to come and see how she was doing, if she came to a good home, that sort of thing, y'know?"

"So, once we find Ulin, she'd just evolved into a Gurdurr," Keith continued, gesturing to aforementioned Gurdurr. "And they got to talking, Millicent and Ulin. Usually I got my Meowth with me to translate these things- he can talk, that's a whole other story in and of itself- but right now Meowth's with Willa," he chuckled. "But as the conversation was going on, Ulin was getting more agitated, and Millicent was looking more and more worried. And knowing my Timburr like I do, I could pretty reasonably guess the general idea of what this was- I'm thinking Millicent's thinking Ulin's wanting to evolve for all the wrong reasons. See, Millicent, she doesn't want to evolve."

"Burr burr!" Millicent chimed in, nodding emphatically in agreement with what Keith was saying. She continued speaking, gesturing to Ulin, then making a flexing motion, before shaking her head. She then gestured to herself and made the same flexing motion, and then to drive the point home further, gestured specifically to her P1 Grand Prix Champion belt.

"...she thinks evolving is the only way to get stronger?" Keith murmured, having watched all this from Millicent. "I had a feeling."

"Tim burr," nodded Millicent with a sigh.

"Anyway, at a certain point in the discussion, Millicent began outright barring Ulin's way, I'm guessing because she was looking to rush further evolution into Conkeldurr or something- yeah, I had a feeling," he added, for he saw his Shiftry nodding solemnly in agreement with his guess. "And it led to a battle. Millicent won, but only just barely, Ulin had put up an amazing fight. My Shiftry, Willow, and Nefertem here, they helped heal up both Millicent and Ulin, and judging by the way Millicent and Willow have been continuing to talk to Ulin, I'm guessing she's feigning continued unconsiousness for some reason. I, uh, don't suppose either of you have her Poké Ball or someth- no, y'know what, I don't think she heard me earlier when I said this, when I found out that, ahem, that my wife found Bobert and he's OK!" Keith said, enunciating the end of the sentence as clear as a Yanma's wing, turning to face the unmoving Gurdurr so there was no conceivably way for her to not hear.
Old 07-03-2022, 07:11 PM   #41
Jahotsafits
Cascade Badge

Quote:
"Ah, OK, good to meet you, Bohdi, Bridget," Keith nodded in response to the introduction and explanation. Bohdi then invited Keith to hop in, though before Keith could do so, Bohdi couldn't help but notice the seemingly unconscious Gurdurr, and asked the obvious question.

"If I'm being perfectly honest, I kinda wanna know some of the finer details on that myself," Keith admitted. "But the basic gist of it is this- while my wife was out looking for Bobert, I was sticking to the original plan- the entire reason we're here today is that Millicent, my Timburr here, she knew of another female Timburr that had spent a long time in the Adoption Center. It's, well, that kinda thing hits close to home for her," he explained. "So once word got to her that the Timburr in question was adopted, Millicent wanted to come and see how she was doing, if she came to a good home, that sort of thing, y'know?"

"So, once we find Ulin, she'd just evolved into a Gurdurr," Keith continued, gesturing to the aforementioned Gurdurr. "And they got to talking, Millicent and Ulin. Usually, I got my Meowth with me to translate these things- he can talk, that's a whole other story in and of itself- but right now Meowth's with Willa," he chuckled. "But as the conversation was going on, Ulin was getting more agitated, and Millicent was looking more and more worried. And knowing my Timburr as I do, I could pretty reasonably guess the general idea of what this was- I'm thinking Millicent's thinking Ulin's wanting to evolve for all the wrong reasons. See, Millicent, she doesn't want to evolve."

"Burr burr!" Millicent chimed in, nodding emphatically in agreement with what Keith was saying. She continued speaking, gesturing to Ulin, then making a flexing motion, before shaking her head. She then gestured to herself and made the same flexing motion, and then to drive the point home further, gestured specifically to her P1 Grand Prix Champion belt.

"...she thinks evolving is the only way to get stronger?" Keith murmured, having watched all this from Millicent. "I had a feeling."

"Tim burr," nodded Millicent with a sigh.

"Anyway, at a certain point in the discussion, Millicent began outright barring Ulin's way, I'm guessing because she was looking to rush further evolution into Conkeldurr or something- yeah, I had a feeling," he added, for he saw his Shiftry nodding solemnly in agreement with his guess. "And it led to a battle. Millicent won, but only just barely, Ulin had put up an amazing fight. My Shiftry, Willow, and Nefertem here, they helped heal up both Millicent and Ulin, and judging by the way Millicent and Willow have been continuing to talk to Ulin, I'm guessing she's feigning continued unconsiousness for some reason. I, uh, don't suppose either of you have her Poké Ball or someth- no, y'know what, I don't think she heard me earlier when I said this, when I found out that, ahem, that my wife found Bobert and he's OK!" Keith said, enunciating the end of the sentence as clear as a Yanma's wing, turning to face the unmoving Gurdurr so there was no conceivably way for her to not hear.

Bohdi sighs and shrungs. "I never would of guessed Ulin was so upset with everything. She's been a total asset to the farm for the whole time she's been here."
Ulin does perk up a bit upon hearing the news and complement but chooses to stay down. The group gets loaded into the jeep and makes its way over to the office. during this time Ulin falls asleep.

Upon arrival you decide to let Ulin sleep and convince everyone in the office and catch everyone up on the Boat situation and Ulin's power trip. Several hours bass making pleasantries. Until the Doc comes in With Bobertin toe and Ulin as well both looking a bit better and more rested than they were.

Bobert is holding the pumpkasaur who is happily sleeping in his arms and wearily looks at the group.
Old 07-03-2022, 10:03 PM   #42
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Bohdi sighs and shrungs. "I never would of guessed Ulin was so upset with everything. She's been a total asset to the farm for the whole time she's been here."
Ulin does perk up a bit upon hearing the news and complement but chooses to stay down. The group gets loaded into the jeep and makes its way over to the office. during this time Ulin falls asleep. [/COLOR]

Upon arrival you decide to let Ulin sleep and convince everyone in the office and catch everyone up on the Boat situation and Ulin's power trip. Several hours bass making pleasantries. Until the Doc comes in With Bobertin toe and Ulin as well both looking a bit better and more rested than they were.

Bobert is holding the pumpkasaur who is happily sleeping in his arms and wearily looks at the group.
Keith nods, sighing as well. "Honestly, I was lucky to be able to know these things about Millicent. We got Willow to thank for that," he said, with a nod to the Shiftry. "Though that's a whole other story in and of itself," he added with a small chuckle. "Willow's past is pretty complicated, but suffice to say, she had a way of conveying it to me. And I think we're all glad Millicent was so insistent on seeing how Ulin was doing," he added, with a small, proud smile to his Timburr.

Though Ulin seemed to perk up at the good news about Bobert and the various compliments she received, she still chose to stay down. With all said and done, the group piled into the jeep, and Ulin fell asleep for real as they began to make their way to the office.

"Oh, Willa," Keith smiled, throwing his arms around his wife as they reunited at the office. "I'm glad all this insanity had a good outcome."

"As am I," Willa responded, hugging her husband back. "Ulin is alright?" she added.

"Seems so, yeah," Keith nodded as the couple cut their hug short. "Millicent won the battle, but not by a lot- Ulin knows what she's doing in battle, though..."

"...I take this to mean she took the loss none too gracefully?" Willa supplied.

Keith nodded. "Even after Willow's Soft-Boiled revitalized her, she acted like she was still unconscious," he said. "I'm hoping actually really getting to know Bobert will help."

Willa nodded firmly. "I would think so," she stated.

"Speaking of which, what exactly went down?" Keith asked. "With finding Bobert?"

"Well," said Willa, "Meowth found that interrogating the local wild Pokémon wasn't getting much of anywhere. Many of them were avoiding the subject entirely, as though-"

'-as though scared of something," Keith frowned. "Ominous."

"Indeed," Willa nodded. "One of them, a Slowpoke, just walked away. With nothing better to go on, we followed it, down to the beach, where it gave a random sandcastle a very wide berth."

"A... sandcastle?" Keith murmured, eyebrows raising as the notion occurred to him. "Was that a...?"

Willa nodded. "A Palossand," she confirmed. "Naturally, I was quite concerned. Palossand have something of a reputation. One almost ate Terri once, if you recall."

"Hard to forget," Keith nodded. "Took her a while to confront that particular fear. But, so, what happened next?" he added.

"A battle, obviously," Willa stated. "Gogoat and Vivillon did their part, but in the end it was Meowth's expertly-delivered Never-Ending Nightmare that finished the job."

"Hah, excellent," grinned Keith. "So, what, you started digging, then?"

Willa shook her head. "It was my intention, but in the end it was unnecessary," she stated. "An ominous mist began to blanket the beach, and then a strange boat came in from the sea. A Shiny Pumpkasaur was on board, sitting atop none other than Bobert."

Keith's eyebrows were as high up as they could physically go. "...a boat?" he repeated.

Willa nodded. "Seemingly put together out of the sort of garbage and debris one might find on a particularly unkempt beach," she stated. "The boat crumbled apart just after Bobert and the Pumpkasaur disembarked, and we made our way back here."

"Wow," Keith murmured. "I mean, don't get me wrong, glad this all went well, but your explanation raises more questions than it answers."

"I am well aware," Willa said dryly. "Perhaps Bobert would have more answers for us when they are done with him," she speculated.

"Maybe," Keith agreed. "Though I mean, I'm guessing we shouldn't push him for answers if he's not in the mood," he added.

"I'm in complete agreement," Willa nodded firmly. Then she looked over at Keith's Timburr, who had been talking to Meowth, presumably explaining things to him. "...she is wearing her P1 Champion belt," Willa observed.

"Yeah, I'm thinking she was trying to make a point to Ulin about how evolution isn't everything," Keith shrugged. "And what better way to do that than to recount that time she defeated a Conkeldurr?"

"What better way indeed," Willa chuckled. "Shall we take a seat, then, and wait?"

"I think that's a good idea," Keith nodded.

~~~~~

Several hours later, the doctor came back out, along with Bobert and Ulin, both of whom were looking better rested and just better in general than before. Willa approached them, Keith by her side. "Hello, Bobert," Willa said gently. "I hope you're feeling better? This is my husband, Keith."

"Pleased to meet you," Keith nodded.

Millicent, meanwhile, approached the Gurdurr. "How ya feeling now, Ulin?" she asked.
Old 01-01-2023, 06:38 PM   #43
Jahotsafits
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Keith nods, sighing as well. "Honestly, I was lucky to be able to know these things about Millicent. We got Willow to thank for that," he said, with a nod to the Shiftry. "Though that's a whole other story in and of itself," he added with a small chuckle. "Willow's past is pretty complicated, but suffice to say, she had a way of conveying it to me. And I think we're all glad Millicent was so insistent on seeing how Ulin was doing," he added, with a small, proud smile to his Timburr.

Though Ulin seemed to perk up at the good news about Bobert and the various compliments she received, she still chose to stay down. With all said and done, the group piled into the jeep, and Ulin fell asleep for real as they began to make their way to the office.

"Oh, Willa," Keith smiled, throwing his arms around his wife as they reunited at the office. "I'm glad all this insanity had a good outcome."

"As am I," Willa responded, hugging her husband back. "Ulin is alright?" she added.

"Seems so, yeah," Keith nodded as the couple cut their hug short. "Millicent won the battle, but not by a lot- Ulin knows what she's doing in battle, though..."

"...I take this to mean she took the loss none too gracefully?" Willa supplied.

Keith nodded. "Even after Willow's Soft-Boiled revitalized her, she acted like she was still unconscious," he said. "I'm hoping actually really getting to know Bobert will help."

Willa nodded firmly. "I would think so," she stated.

"Speaking of which, what exactly went down?" Keith asked. "With finding Bobert?"

"Well," said Willa, "Meowth found that interrogating the local wild Pokémon wasn't getting much of anywhere. Many of them were avoiding the subject entirely, as though-"

'-as though scared of something," Keith frowned. "Ominous."

"Indeed," Willa nodded. "One of them, a Slowpoke, just walked away. With nothing better to go on, we followed it, down to the beach, where it gave a random sandcastle a very wide berth."

"A... sandcastle?" Keith murmured, eyebrows raising as the notion occurred to him. "Was that a...?"

Willa nodded. "A Palossand," she confirmed. "Naturally, I was quite concerned. Palossand have something of a reputation. One almost ate Terri once, if you recall."

"Hard to forget," Keith nodded. "Took her a while to confront that particular fear. But, so, what happened next?" he added.

"A battle, obviously," Willa stated. "Gogoat and Vivillon did their part, but in the end it was Meowth's expertly-delivered Never-Ending Nightmare that finished the job."

"Hah, excellent," grinned Keith. "So, what, you started digging, then?"

Willa shook her head. "It was my intention, but in the end it was unnecessary," she stated. "An ominous mist began to blanket the beach, and then a strange boat came in from the sea. A Shiny Pumpkasaur was on board, sitting atop none other than Bobert."

Keith's eyebrows were as high up as they could physically go. "...a boat?" he repeated.

Willa nodded. "Seemingly put together out of the sort of garbage and debris one might find on a particularly unkempt beach," she stated. "The boat crumbled apart just after Bobert and the Pumpkasaur disembarked, and we made our way back here."

"Wow," Keith murmured. "I mean, don't get me wrong, glad this all went well, but your explanation raises more questions than it answers."

"I am well aware," Willa said dryly. "Perhaps Bobert would have more answers for us when they are done with him," she speculated.

"Maybe," Keith agreed. "Though I mean, I'm guessing we shouldn't push him for answers if he's not in the mood," he added.

"I'm in complete agreement," Willa nodded firmly. Then she looked over at Keith's Timburr, who had been talking to Meowth, presumably explaining things to him. "...she is wearing her P1 Champion belt," Willa observed.

"Yeah, I'm thinking she was trying to make a point to Ulin about how evolution isn't everything," Keith shrugged. "And what better way to do that than to recount that time she defeated a Conkeldurr?"

"What better way indeed," Willa chuckled. "Shall we take a seat, then, and wait?"

"I think that's a good idea," Keith nodded.

~~~~~

Several hours later, the doctor came back out, along with Bobert and Ulin, both of whom were looking better rested and just better in general than before. Willa approached them, Keith by her side. "Hello, Bobert," Willa said gently. "I hope you're feeling better? This is my husband, Keith."

"Pleased to meet you," Keith nodded.

Millicent, meanwhile, approached the Gurdurr. "How ya feeling now, Ulin?" she asked.

Ulin turned away from Millicent in will a bitter look on her face and a darker demeanor about her in general. She reached towards her trainer belt and pressed her ball speaking curtly "I'll beat you next time" and confining herself to her 'quarters' so to speak.

Bobert on the other hand gave a half-hearted weary smile. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Keith. I am sorry to hear that my...", looks towards the now returning Gurrder, " friend?... here... was giving you some difficulty?"
Bobert pauses for a moment before regaining what little composure he had left for the day. " I would also like to apologize for the trouble I seem to have put the two of you through with my...*cough* dissaperence."
Bobert begins walking and motions the group to follow him. "at any rate it is getting a bit late. I'll take yall to the residential area. I'm sure yall have some questions.'

~~~~~~
[story is now in magenta]
Old 01-01-2023, 11:48 PM   #44
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Ulin turned away from Millicent in will a bitter look on her face and a darker demeanor about her in general. She reached towards her trainer belt and pressed her ball speaking curtly "I'll beat you next time" and confining herself to her 'quarters' so to speak.

Bobert on the other hand gave a half-hearted weary smile. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Keith. I am sorry to hear that my...", looks towards the now returning Gurrder, " friend?... here... was giving you some difficulty?"
Bobert pauses for a moment before regaining what little composure he had left for the day. " I would also like to apologize for the trouble I seem to have put the two of you through with my...*cough* dissaperence."
Bobert begins walking and motions the group to follow him. "at any rate it is getting a bit late. I'll take yall to the residential area. I'm sure yall have some questions.'

~~~~~~
[story is now in magenta]
Ulin was none too happy to see the Timburr who had bested her in battle. The Gurdurr turned away, looking bitter, stating that she'd win next time, before withdrawing herself to her ball. Millicent gave a small sigh at this- she got the feeling she really hadn't gotten through to Ulin at all. Willow stepped over and rested a leafy hand on her sister's shoulder, a gesture Millicent returned with an appreciative smile.

Bobert gave a weary smile as Keith introduced himself, then apologized for Ulin giving him some difficulty. "Ah, that was no trouble," Keith shook his head. "Checking up on Ulin was the entire reason we came here today- Millicent here heard that a Timburr she'd briefly met in the Adoption Center once was adopted and brought here, so she wanted us to see how she was doing. Besides, the battle was a seriously good one. Honestly, I think the entire reason for all that madness is that Ulin is worried that she has to evolve in order to be considered good enough for you."

"Burr burr Timburr!" Millicent chimed in, nodding emphatically. "Timburr Timburr Timburr!" she exclaimed, gesturing wildly while looking directly at Bobert.

"Millicent's sayin' Ulin's all kinds o' strong already," Meowth chimed in. "Dat she don't need to evolve if she don't want to, and Millicent's tinkin' she don't really want to, dat she tinks she has to evolve ta be good enough fer youse."

"Shiftry, shif Shiftry," Willow added, nodding wisely.

"And Willow's sayin' she sees a lot o' da same qualities in Ulin dat Millicent's got," Meowth continued to translate. "And if I can add in my own ting here, knowin' Millicent like I do, if Ulin really is dat much like her, youse gots da makin' of a good friend right dere," he said with a decisive nod.

"Burr," murmured Millicent, grinning appreciatively at Meowth, while Meowstic gave Meowth an approving nod, betraying the slightest of smiles on her otherwise impassive and aloof face.

Bobert then apologized for the trouble he'd put them through considering his disappearance, and this time it was Willa who shook her head. "You do not need to apologize for that, Bobert," she said gently. "I sincerely doubt you intended for all of this. We're simply glad we found you and brought you back."

Following this, the Masterses began to follow Bobert towards the resid
ential area, stating his certainty that they had questions. "Well, honestly, we do, yeah," Keith conceded. "Like, only answer if you'd feel comfortable doing so, of course, there's no pressure from us, but..."

"...but the manner in which I found you posed more questions than answers, I must admit," Willa finished. "The boat, the radio, the Shiny Pumpkasaur... up until all that, I was worried that the Palossand I battled on the beach might have had a hand in your disappearance, but now I'm quite honestly at a loss. I would greatly appreciate if you could help fill in some of this missing information, though of course, as my husband says, only as much as you're comfortable telling us," she added, gently but firmly.
Old 01-31-2023, 10:19 PM   #45
Jahotsafits
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Ulin was none too happy to see the Timburr who had bested her in battle. The Gurdurr turned away, looking bitter, stating that she'd win next time, before withdrawing herself to her ball. Millicent gave a small sigh at this- she got the feeling she really hadn't gotten through to Ulin at all. Willow stepped over and rested a leafy hand on her sister's shoulder, a gesture Millicent returned with an appreciative smile.

Bobert gave a weary smile as Keith introduced himself, then apologized for Ulin giving him some difficulty. "Ah, that was no trouble," Keith shook his head. "Checking up on Ulin was the entire reason we came here today- Millicent here heard that a Timburr she'd briefly met in the Adoption Center once was adopted and brought here, so she wanted us to see how she was doing. Besides, the battle was a seriously good one. Honestly, I think the entire reason for all that madness is that Ulin is worried that she has to evolve in order to be considered good enough for you."

"Burr burr Timburr!" Millicent chimed in, nodding emphatically. "Timburr Timburr Timburr!" she exclaimed, gesturing wildly while looking directly at Bobert.

"Millicent's sayin' Ulin's all kinds o' strong already," Meowth chimed in. "Dat she don't need to evolve if she don't want to, and Millicent's tinkin' she don't really want to, dat she tinks she has to evolve ta be good enough fer youse."

"Shiftry, shif Shiftry," Willow added, nodding wisely.

"And Willow's sayin' she sees a lot o' da same qualities in Ulin dat Millicent's got," Meowth continued to translate. "And if I can add in my own ting here, knowin' Millicent like I do, if Ulin really is dat much like her, youse gots da makin' of a good friend right dere," he said with a decisive nod.

"Burr," murmured Millicent, grinning appreciatively at Meowth, while Meowstic gave Meowth an approving nod, betraying the slightest of smiles on her otherwise impassive and aloof face.

Bobert then apologized for the trouble he'd put them through considering his disappearance, and this time it was Willa who shook her head. "You do not need to apologize for that, Bobert," she said gently. "I sincerely doubt you intended for all of this. We're simply glad we found you and brought you back."

Following this, the Masterses began to follow Bobert towards the resid
ential area, stating his certainty that they had questions. "Well, honestly, we do, yeah," Keith conceded. "Like, only answer if you'd feel comfortable doing so, of course, there's no pressure from us, but..."

"...but the manner in which I found you posed more questions than answers, I must admit," Willa finished. "The boat, the radio, the Shiny Pumpkasaur... up until all that, I was worried that the Palossand I battled on the beach might have had a hand in your disappearance, but now I'm quite honestly at a loss. I would greatly appreciate if you could help fill in some of this missing information, though of course, as my husband says, only as much as you're comfortable telling us," she added, gently but firmly.

"I was being sent on a delivery errand by my folks as they thought I could handle it as I had recently turned ten. I was told that I would be taking a board inland and so I boarded the only boat at the dock. we left port and a storm knocked me out when I came to I was alone at a creepy dilapidated amusement park..." Bobert began to stare off into the distance be for abruptly ending his part of the conversation. "I really hate Mr.Mimes..."
Old 02-01-2023, 01:17 AM   #46
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
"I was being sent on a delivery errand by my folks as they thought I could handle it as I had recently turned ten. I was told that I would be taking a board inland and so I boarded the only boat at the dock. we left port and a storm knocked me out when I came to I was alone at a creepy dilapidated amusement park..." Bobert began to stare off into the distance be for abruptly ending his part of the conversation. "I really hate Mr.Mimes..."
Bobert began to tell his tale- he'd been sent on a delivery errand. His parents figured he could handle it, as he was now ten. Not an unreasonable assumption, in all fairness- ten was pretty universally considered to be the age for prospective Pokémon Trainers to leave home and see the world, even if Keith and Willa themselves had waited a fair bit longer than that themselves- hell, their daughter, age ten herself, was currently a pretty well-established Pokémon Trainer at that point. However, the boat Bobert had boarded was swept up in a storm. He was knocked out, and when he came to, he was alone at some creepy, dilapidated amusement park.

Keith's eyes widened at the mention of this- he'd been at such a place himself, and the glance he exchanged with Meowth confirmed that the Scratch Cat Pokémon likewise remembered, and vividly so, their trip to Phantom Isle. It had been a harrowing and freaky experience, but in the end, all had ended well; Keith had helped a number of playful ghost children depart to the afterlife, he'd acquired his Banettite, even Mega Evolved Myrtle for the first time ever in the process, and wound up catching an Inkay, although it was now a Malamar under the ownership of one Terri Alph. Overall, as crazy as it all was in the moment, it was honestly kinda fun to look back on every now and again.

But very clearly, Bobert's experience with that place was a lot more traumatic for the boy. He stared off into the distance, not going into any further detail on the matter, save for a statement about how he hated Mr. Mime. Keith and Willa exchanged looks, the married couple deciding on the spot to not ask him to go into detail as to why he hated Mr. Mime, at least at this point in time. It was quite clear to them both that this was not something he would want to revisit.

"The important thing is that you're all right now," Willa stated, gently yet firmly. "You are back, safe and sound."

"Yes," Keith agreed. "Bobert, if it's alright, can I ask about the little guy in your arms?" he added. "I have a Pumpkasaur myself- I even brought her with me, I could send her out if you'd like to see. And I know they're really rare Pokémon, and really cool, too. What's this little one's story?" he asked. As he said this, Willa shot her husband a warning look, which Keith returned with a small nod- he knew this ran the risk of getting him to relive whatever had clearly traumatized him, but at the same time, he clearly seemed quite comfortable with this Shiny Pumpkasaur. Keith was banking on that being a safer line of questioning than outright asking him why he hated Mr. Mime. And Willa seemed to catch onto this line of thinking after a moment, and nodded back, before they both looked back at Bobert, wondering how he would answer this.
Old 02-03-2023, 08:27 PM   #47
Jahotsafits
Cascade Badge

Quote:
[COLOR="Magenta"]Bobert began to tell his tale- he'd been sent on a delivery errand. His parents figured he could handle it, as he was now ten. Not an unreasonable assumption, in all fairness- ten was pretty universally considered to be the age for prospective Pokémon Trainers to leave home and see the world, even if Keith and Willa themselves had waited a fair bit longer than that themselves- hell, their daughter, age ten herself, was currently a pretty well-established Pokémon Trainer at that point. However, the boat Bobert had boarded was swept up in a storm. He was knocked out, and when he came to, he was alone at some creepy, dilapidated amusement park.

Keith's eyes widened at the mention of this- he'd been at such a place himself, and the glance he exchanged with Meowth confirmed that the Scratch Cat Pokémon likewise remembered, and vividly so, their trip to Phantom Isle. It had been a harrowing and freaky experience, but in the end, all had ended well; Keith had helped a number of playful ghost children depart to the afterlife, he'd acquired his Banettite, even Mega Evolved Myrtle for the first time ever in the process, and wound up catching an Inkay, although it was now a Malamar under the ownership of one Terri Alph. Overall, as crazy as it all was in the moment, it was honestly kinda fun to look back on every now and again.

But very clearly, Bobert's experience with that place was a lot more traumatic for the boy. He stared off into the distance, not going into any further detail on the matter, save for a statement about how he hated Mr. Mime. Keith and Willa exchanged looks, the married couple deciding on the spot to not ask him to go into detail as to why he hated Mr. Mime, at least at this point in time. It was quite clear to them both that this was not something he would want to revisit.

"The important thing is that you're all right now," Willa stated, gently yet firmly. "You are back, safe and sound."

"Yes," Keith agreed. "Bobert, if it's alright, can I ask about the little guy in your arms?" he added. "I have a Pumpkasaur myself- I even brought her with me, I could send her out if you'd like to see. And I know they're really rare Pokémon, and really cool, too. What's this little one's story?" he asked. As he said this, Willa shot her husband a warning look, which Keith returned with a small nod- he knew this ran the risk of getting him to relive whatever had clearly traumatized him, but at the same time, he clearly seemed quite comfortable with this Shiny Pumpkasaur. Keith was banking on that being a safer line of questioning than outright asking him why he hated Mr. Mime. And Willa seemed to catch onto this line of thinking after a moment, and nodded back, before they both looked back at Bobert, wondering how he would answer this.

Bobert pondered a moment before turning around and walking backward addressing the duo. "I have no clue where Lumina came from, I kind of suddenly was on her raft and with her ball in possession. She's super cute though." Bobert smiled and hugged the pokemon before turning around. Lumina looked indifferent in her expression as it was unmoving but the glowing squash-like bulb on her back glew in a nice warm yellowish tint before returning back to the neutral white.
Old 02-05-2023, 12:53 AM   #48
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:

Bobert pondered a moment before turning around and walking backward addressing the duo. "I have no clue where Lumina came from, I kind of suddenly was on her raft and with her ball in possession. She's super cute though." Bobert smiled and hugged the pokemon before turning around. Lumina looked indifferent in her expression as it was unmoving but the glowing squash-like bulb on her back glew in a nice warm yellowish tint before returning back to the neutral white.
Thankfully, Bobert seemed quite fine with the Masterses getting him on the subject of his Shiny Pumpkasaur- Lumina, as he called her. Not that he had much to reveal in that regard in the first place- evidently he'd simply found himself on her raft and in possession of her Poké Ball. He even smiled and hugged Lumina, calling her super cute. The Pumpkasaur didn't seem to react, her face remaining unreadable, but her pumpkin glowed a warm yellow for a moment. Keith looked intrigued by this- it differed a fair bit from how Autumn acted. "Super cute indeed," he agreed. "Lemme bring my own Pumpkasaur out," he added, reaching for his belt. He plucked a peculiar sort of Poké Ball off of it- the entire sphere was a vibrant shade of orange, and made to resemble a spherical squash. Keith clicked the button to enlarge the Pumpkin Ball, and held said ball out in front of him as he walked. "Autumn, come on out," he said in an encouraging tone.

The ball split open, and in a flash of orange light a more ordinary sort of Pumpkasaur materialized, the body still the same shade of dark grey, but the pumpkin was more orange, making it a perfect fit for the Pumpkin Ball she was kept in. "Pumpkaaa!" Autumn beamed, already looking more expressive than Lumina's rather indifferent-looking face. The face carved into her pumpkin was likewise grinning happily, lit with a warm yellow glow. She walked ahead of Keith and Willa, walking alongside Bobert, and looking up curiously, not only at him, but also at the Shiny Pumpkasaur in his arms. "Hi, there," she called up to Lumina. "What's your name? I'm Autumn."

Meanwhile, a conversation was starting among the pair of felines bringing up the rear of the group. Meowstic turned to Meowth. "Have you noticed Lumina does not seem to change her facial expression?" she murmured.

"I mean, in all fairness, neither do youse, most o' da time," Meowth responded quietly.

"True," nodded Meowstic. "But given the change in color her pumpkin's light just underwent, I wonder whether she's actually capable of changing her expression, and instead emotes using different colored light."

"Huh," Meowth murmured. "I guess dat's possible. Neva heard o' such a ting before, but den, we got Shelley and Tinnitus communicatin' da way dey do..."

"They can at least change their expressions, but yes, the general point still stands," Meowstic nodded. "Though now that brings me to another question... can Lumina speak? I don't believe she's made a single sound in our presence so far."

"I tink Autumn's about ta find dat one out," Meowth observed, noticing his Pumpkasaur teammate attempting to talk to her Shiny counterpart. And so the cat couple looked on, interested to see, and maybe even hear, how that would go. Keith and Willa, of course, did not pay the same level of attention to this- rather, they were more focused on talking to Bobert.

"So, what sort of Pokémon are you interested in raising?" Willa inquired. "I have a wide variety, myself, but I know some people have more specific tastes. Case in point, my husband loves to use Poison-types."

"It's true," Keith nodded. "I'll use Pokémon that aren't Poison-types, of course, but by and large, they're what I prefer. No offense, Meowth," he called back to the Scratch Cat Pokémon.

"None taken," Meowth responded.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > Secret Bases