UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development

Old 09-02-2020, 01:53 PM   #26
Lil'twick
Pale Blue Dot

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
See for a list of items that would 100% be down to the SO and the mods. If the list was public than people would 100% reroll until they got a specific item. That's not the point of this shop. It's to get rid of unwanted items and that's it.

We shouldn't need to assign rarity values to the items or create tiers. Obvious some items will be more rare than others, but people do also need to understand the risk that they might get something they don't want from the Cram, and well, you know, toss that in?

And there may come a day
Where you forget the faces, and voices
Of those you've met along the way

Hawke | Leo

Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 01:58 PM   #27
ChrisClark13
Cascade Badge

Fair enough, I just wanted to bring up that point.

I would not call the result something very close to "Cram-o-Matic" if it's going to be such a departure from for the in-game SwSh Cram-o-Matic works and it gives more of a unique spin on the concept. The point is to make it clear that what's on offer does not work like how it does in the games without having to put up a big disclaimer.
ChrisClark13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 02:02 PM   #28
Lil'twick
Pale Blue Dot

I mean, it does function like how the Cram-o-matic does at a baseline value. You put up to four items in and you get something back out. Sure the behind the scenes stuff works differently, but the concept is exactly the same. I mean look at the move tutor. Its not how you get Egg Moves in the games but its still called that :p

And there may come a day

Hawke | Leo

Old 09-02-2020, 02:09 PM   #29
ChrisClark13
Cascade Badge

There's no other Pokemon names that fit the X-o-Matic name quite as well that I can think of anyways.

Is there anything left to discuss?
Old 09-03-2020, 03:50 PM   #30
lilboocorsola
'Till we meet again

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
4) This is kind of my fault. I like mixing ideas together even if they don't entirely make sense. Thank you Yuki for creating a separate thread. I do want to say though that berries should be allowed to be recycled here if you have no interest in making Curry.

Honestly I feel that overall the base mechanics are fine with everybody, and it mostly got into specific rewards where people were starting to disagree.
Popping back in to say I agree Berries should also be applicable here, since given the current proposed system for making Curry it's still possible for people with huge stashes (such as myself) to have plenty Berries left over even after maximizing benefits.
lilboocorsola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 09:41 PM   #31
Sandaa
Yayyy

Like I did with the Curry Cooking discussion, I’ll spend some time offering comments and questions I have regarding what has been discussed here thus far.

• If you could boil it down to one thing, what is the primary focus of creating this as a mechanic?
    Some people have items that they would consider unwanted or junk and would like to exchange them for something of equivalent or better value. Secondly, and probably more importantly, people would like to take unwanted items and use them to craft something that is desired from a sort of specific combination of ingredients.
  • What kinds of things can be gained from using this mechanic?
    For starters, I think the list of items found on Serebii is a bit unwieldy and things are weighted very differently compared to what their assumed value would be in FB. I think there’s a good chunk of the items that either have no use in FB or are so valuable that they would trivialize other parts of FB if they were to be able to be obtained here, so we would probably need to refine the list of items to something more comprehensive.

Things I think would be fair game to include: Apricorn Balls, Incenses, Evolutionary Items, Berries, Rare Candies (in small amounts), Hold Items, Type Gems

Things I think should not be included: Wishing Pieces, Fossils, Heart Scales, things that can be exchanged for large amounts of money, Bottle Caps (have no real use in FB)

Things I am unsure or on the fence about: TRs, Ability Capsules (while I’m not entirely opposed to these, I’d like for TKF and myself to integrate them into FB in a way that works before we just start giving them out)
  • What kinds of recipes can be crafted?
    Personally I’m much more of a fan of most of the items being given out randomly, though there are some combinations of ingredients that should always produce a specific result, or at the very least a narrowed down list of results. For example, Apricorns should produce the corresponding Pokeball (which is a big reason why this shop is being proposed in the first place). What kinds of items would the community like to see crafted in here other than just Apricorn Balls?

Overall I don’t have much to say from my last comment in here, but I think it’s off to a good start. I think it’ll be best if we can determine specifically what kinds of things the community would like to be able to craft (ie. What combination of items produces what result) and then we can figure out the random rewards later.
Sandaa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 12:36 PM   #32
Lil'twick
Pale Blue Dot

*Brushes off the dust*

Okay, so, here's what I was thinking of basic recipes:

1 Apricorn = 1 Equivelent Ball.

This is a pretty simple one, all things considered. It would also allow you to put in up to four Apricorns to get four of the Pokeballs.

1 Shard = 1 Stone

Similar idea here, you can trade in a colored shard, with the creation of a few more so each typed stone has one, and you'd be able to get the evolutionary stone that matches the color. Put in a blue shard and you'll get a Water Stone, etc.

I feel we should also have some sort of rank up system, like, Pokeball > Great Ball > Ultra Ball and Potion > Super Potion > Hyper Potion > Max Potions. I would like to hear community thoughts on the specifics of those type of item increases. Maybe also create a recipe list for the custom balls that tend to be unavailable over the years, such as Pokeball + X item to create them. Thoguh I'd be fine with creating recipes for all of the Pokeballs, that way it an save some of the headaches.

Would appreciate some feedback on that.

And there may come a day

Hawke | Leo

Old 10-17-2020, 12:45 PM   #33
ChrisClark13
Cascade Badge

Rank up system how?

Put it X amount of something, get Y upgraded version of thing? That's the only thing I can think off of the top of my head.

Any way you do it though, doesn't make too much sense for items that you can just buy from the Department Store.

I think the main items that have multiple ranks that you can't just buy are be the various herbal/natural medicines and various tiers of snack/drink items.

Could you elaborate more on what you're imagining there? I don't want to get stuck talking about the items you listed as an example.
Old 10-17-2020, 12:48 PM   #34
Lil'twick
Pale Blue Dot

Yeah basically if you put in like, two Pokeballs you could get a Great Ball and so forth. While you can just buy it in the Department Store sure, it is an option for people who might have extras laying around and want a nicer ball.

Like maybe a 2 to 1 conversion rate per tier would be fair. A 1 to 1 ratio could very heavily undermine the Department store as you could just pay for a Pokeball and get an Ultra Ball out of it.

I thought it would be something that would be fun, and would definitely work for the herbal medicines as well.

And there may come a day

Hawke | Leo

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Development