UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2018, 01:03 AM   #576
Maskerade
Rainbow Badge

TheKnightsFury:

Radiation Poisoning Level 1 in effect: You can only order up to three total attacks between all of your active Pokemon. The accuracy of your non-Steel-Type Pokemon is reduced by 20%. Cannot be cured by items.

The battle against the strange Muk was tough as it was, but you get the feeling this foe is on a whole other level. Sigurd feels it too, but really, he's feeling a lot of things at the same time: between the lingering radiation poisoning and the damaging effects of Shadow Sky, he finds himself at a distinct disadvantage...

Looking to even the playing field, you attempt to remove one of Metang's weapons from play. After all that bolt is much too fast to dodge, and very damaging against anything that isn't a Shadow. Sigurd focuses as hard as he can, while the enemy raises its black metal arms again for another shot. Just in the nick of time, the Gallade's eyes glow blue, and Metang is unable to unleash Shadow Bolt.

... Not that it was going to. After all, Metang can read your mind.

A stream of black-and-blue flames spews forth from Metang's outstretched claws and washes over Sigurd, making him cry in pain. The embers from Shadow Fire linger on his body, leaving behind an unnatural-looking Burn, and your companion drops to one knee, visibly weakened.

Valiant as always, Sigurd tries to retaliate, again channeling his mental power to attempt a psy-lock on the enemy. Metang is enveloped by a blue light... but it soon fades. In his state of weakness, composed by the radiation effects, Sigurd is unable to concentrate enough to overwhelm the also psychically-attuned Metang, and his Psychic fails...

Your partner's breathing is heavy, and he lets out another pained cry from the effects of his burn as well as the shadows that fall on him like acid droplets from the ceiling. Sigurd peers over his shoulder at you, as if attempting to tell you something, but even your mental link is beginning to waver...

The battle is taking a turn for the worse. Fighting this enemy one-on-one on equal footing is proving to be almost impossible. Can you salvage the situation still, or is the awakened evil too much for you to handle?!
Old 07-20-2018, 02:14 AM   #577
Meetan
Soul Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maskerade View Post
Meetan:

Try as you may, you can’t piece together a password from what you’ve seen and ran into so far, despite your investigation of the Marquis’s quarters. What are you missing? The six empty spaces sit there, taunting you, but this seems to be an obstacle – the last obstacle – you can’t defeat.

Which doesn’t mean you won’t go down fighting. There is a slight chance one of the men present at the ceremony, the Executives of Rigel’s trust, knows the answer, or that they might hold something to point you in the right direction. With Axel having locked the door, you hope that gives you enough time to conduct a search, while Blaze looks for a place to stash away the bodies before they become an… inconvenience.

Axel concentrates and goes through each man’s mind methodically. He finds a wealth of information regarding the Shells, enough to satisfy any Marshalls’ burning curiosity – names and faces of undercover operatives, raid plans and dates, a whole lot of dirt… but no password. Which makes one thing clear: Rigel is the only man who can open the door behind the pipe organ.

Interestingly, one of the executives seems to be more informed about the plans to put the secret weapon to use: even though it appears on the vision as a nothing more than a moving black spot, indicating the executive does not know the nature of the weapon, you can see a literal army of Shells marching towards the Bastion of Vacuous Dreams, captained by Rigel at the front alongside the mysterious weapon. They breach through the front door by force, then march onwards into the building. Knowing exactly where to proceed, they head for a large room on the ground floor, where a long wooden desk and several chairs have been carefully positioned; Ursaring and Sawsbuck heads line the walls like trophies, and the furniture is both elaborate and obviously expensive. Recalling the Bastion used to serve as the main government building of Goldenridge, this was likely the Council’s meeting room when the ruling body still existed. You hear the Marquis order a full search of the area… and the vision ends. It seems not even this Executive has been briefed on what they’ll find beyond that point.

*Axel has gained 2 Levels!*

You wonder if this information is good enough for Sven, the old Marshall that sent you on this suicide mission – but somehow you doubt it’s enough. After all, the Marshalls will want to know what they’re up against, so unless you can tell them the exact nature of the Shells’ weapon, you reckon you won’t even get a pat on the back.

Mind-probing proving futile in regards to the password, you start going through the men’s pockets. Unsurprisingly, they’re carrying very little – the search might have yielded more fruits if these guys were in the middle of a mission rather than “chilling at home”. Still, you do manage to turn up a couple of sweets, though you doubt you’ll get to eat them: the 4x Rare Candy and 2x Mysterious Gummi might be better-suited for your hard-working companions.

Blaze approaches, pointing to a vestry next to the altar, the small sacristy where the priest changes into his robes. It should prove a nice place to lock up the comatose Shells, but that still doesn’t solve your main issue of…

“You seem lost.”

The voice is familiar, and bone-chilling. Not just the fact that someone managed to enter the chapel after Axel locked the door… but who that someone is.
Walking slowly – not with the intention of appearing ominous, but rather because he doesn’t seem like the kind of man that runs anywhere – Marquis Rigel von Argentum approaches you from the Church’s front door. The one Axel had locked… then how?

Just then, right next to you, a creature materializes out of thin air, startling you: a floating construction made of clay, with multiple eyes all staring in your direction, and two cannon-like arms hovering around it, controlled by psychic power. A teleporting Claydol; so that was how!

“I half-expected to find Anderson in here. Figured he was the traitor, a Marshall mole. As it turns out, that wasn’t the case, seeing as he’s bled to death in my room,” he says in an eerily calm tone of voice, intentionally driving that guilt knife deeper into your chest. It seems he’s figured it all out. “I can’t tell what upsets me more: the fact that you bewitched and then killed one of my closest men, the fact that he killed Quartermaster Williams to keep you safe – which I guess you didn’t know – or… that you turned my room inside out, filled it with dead bodies, and still didn’t manage to figure out the answer. Violation of privacy annoys me; incompetence infuriates me.”

It seems Claydol isn’t going to harm you, despite its unsettling proximity. Rigel, too, doesn’t seem eager to hurt you, instead looking around at the crashed ceremony and the Executives passed out on the floor.

“At least you didn’t kill them. Were you going to?” he asks casually. “Was that another task you failed at, disposing of my Executives?”

The man, tall and with short gray hair, has more wrinkles on his face than someone his age should. His expression is one of fatigue rather than one of rage or even one of pride for catching you in the act. He just looks… tired. He pulls something from one of his jacket’s pockets and tosses it at the ground in front of you. It seems familiar, especially lying at your feet like it was before, but you didn’t pay it any mind then: a carefully-opened letter, the one Axel produced from Rigel’s desk along with all that other junk.

“I’m the only one who knows what’s inside that room, and only I know how to get in. The answer is written on that letter, as it was on the photograph you must have found when you forced open the chest in my room,” he continues. It seems he’s letting you have the solution… or is he?

Claydol suddenly floats away from you to stand next to Rigel, sensing his intentions. He retrieves two other PokéBalls from his belt and holds them in his palm.

“Allowing you to come this far was my mistake. Failing to see past your Molly façade, letting you murder all those men… that’s my burden to bear,” he says, shaking his head; you can feel the sincerity in his words as he acknowledges his failures. “And merit to you, for making it this far. But I fight for something: a Goldenridge in my image, worth living in, under my rule – I won’t allow those corrupt warmongers posing as the Law to claim this land. That’s what I stand for, and with the weapon beyond that door, I can make it happen.”

Two flashes of light follow, and an Aggron and Sableye materialize to join Claydol around Rigel.

“I could shoot you where you stand. But having made it this far, having risked as much as you have… you have your own convictions too. Let’s put it to the test: my resolve against yours. If I lose here, I’m not worthy of leading the Shells anyway – you can have the weapon, and you can keep my box. I’ll even open it for you,” he says as he shows you a small metal key dangling from his necklace. He knows you have it – who else could? Anderson was the only other person who inspected the dead old traitor on the road, and Rigel no doubt already searched his corpse…

He then takes out a pistol from the holster resting on his belt and shows it to you. No fancy hand tricks, no smug look on his face as if he could end things right here and now. Again, he just looks tired… sad. He knows he failed by the simple fact that you’re here, undermining his operation, killing his men. But he makes it a point to remind you that he hasn’t given up entirely.

“If you lose, you’ll die – make no mistake about it, we’re still enemies. But I’m willing to give you the chance to win; punishment for my own incompetence. Now…”

Claydol’s cannons wave about autonomously, like two extra soldiers on the battlefield. Sableye’s gem eyes glimmer. Aggron growls fiercely. It begins.
There might not have been much on the Shells' persons, but that was fine. Alice could understand why people committed theft so often now, given everything that she had managed to haul in today of value, and it was hard to feel bad when these people would do more than empty her pockets of material objects at the first opportunity. She put the items away, straightening up to look at where her Combusken was pointing and opened her mouth to speak. She didn't get a chance to.

There was Rigel, the man from her visions, in the flesh once again. It took a moment to recognise that he was real and not another silent drama from Axel's projections, and Alice's Pokemon gathered closer to her as a form of protection. Zoey was roosted on the podium, Nina by her feet and the other two at her flanks; and they all listened as the criminal went on, radiating confidence and power in spite of his obvious exhaustion. The guy needed to retire, honestly, if it made a person look like this. He looked like he could hibernate for a hundred years and still not feel refreshed.

“Look, what can I say? I'm not a cop or private detective, and I'm not a career criminal, so I'm doing my best.” Alice reasoned as if the whole thing had been tiresome, and darn Arceus it had. This whole thing had fucking aged her, to be honest. With all of the lives taken, though, including Anderson's, she had to make sure that she succeeded. In some ways they hadn't died for nothing – at least they couldn't kill anyone else – but it felt harder to personally justify them if the mission wasn't completed. They had to save Bedlam from whatever this huge, insanely protected weapon was. “For a first go I think I did alright. I managed to get this far, my serial killing ghostie's having the time of his life and I realised even I could need more therapy. It's great.” In spite of her attempt at deflecting with humour, though, Alice sounded as scared and worn as she was on the inside. If she didn't die by bullet she was going by Clay-cannon. Great.

“I do. And that sounds surprisingly fair to me.” Alice had to acknowledge. She glanced at both Blaze and Nina, the pair stepping forward, and returned the other two. The idol's third Pokemon of choice was a black Bagon, Eridian, and the small dragon exuded danger in spite of his size. Alice hadn't taken part in a triple battle before, but she was sure it could get messy. It was buckle down and focus, or die.

“Eridian, use hydro pump on that Aggron. Nina, you mimic it! Blaze, use night slash on the Claydol, and be careful not to get caught in the others' attacks!”
Old 07-20-2018, 07:38 AM   #578
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Quote:
TheKnightsFury:

Radiation Poisoning Level 1 in effect: You can only order up to three total attacks between all of your active Pokemon. The accuracy of your non-Steel-Type Pokemon is reduced by 20%. Cannot be cured by items.

The battle against the strange Muk was tough as it was, but you get the feeling this foe is on a whole other level. Sigurd feels it too, but really, he's feeling a lot of things at the same time: between the lingering radiation poisoning and the damaging effects of Shadow Sky, he finds himself at a distinct disadvantage...

Looking to even the playing field, you attempt to remove one of Metang's weapons from play. After all that bolt is much too fast to dodge, and very damaging against anything that isn't a Shadow. Sigurd focuses as hard as he can, while the enemy raises its black metal arms again for another shot. Just in the nick of time, the Gallade's eyes glow blue, and Metang is unable to unleash Shadow Bolt.

... Not that it was going to. After all, Metang can read your mind.

A stream of black-and-blue flames spews forth from Metang's outstretched claws and washes over Sigurd, making him cry in pain. The embers from Shadow Fire linger on his body, leaving behind an unnatural-looking Burn, and your companion drops to one knee, visibly weakened.

Valiant as always, Sigurd tries to retaliate, again channeling his mental power to attempt a psy-lock on the enemy. Metang is enveloped by a blue light... but it soon fades. In his state of weakness, composed by the radiation effects, Sigurd is unable to concentrate enough to overwhelm the also psychically-attuned Metang, and his Psychic fails...

Your partner's breathing is heavy, and he lets out another pained cry from the effects of his burn as well as the shadows that fall on him like acid droplets from the ceiling. Sigurd peers over his shoulder at you, as if attempting to tell you something, but even your mental link is beginning to waver...

The battle is taking a turn for the worse. Fighting this enemy one-on-one on equal footing is proving to be almost impossible. Can you salvage the situation still, or is the awakened evil too much for you to handle?!
This task seemed impossible. Even Sigurd, who Jayson considered one of his best, struggled to hold his own against the Shadow Metang. It seemed to be the perfect combination of brain and brawn, with a bit of relentlessness sprinkled in for good taste. With the radiation, the Shadow Sky and now a burn to add to his pain, Sigurd just wasn't going to be enough. The Gallade looked back at him and Jayson understood. Recalling the Gallade into his Pokeball, Jayson retrieved another from his belt. Iron Maiden had already pushed herself, Blinky was now some sort of mutant and Honedge had been KO'd. He'd tried Steel types in the radiation but he was yet to try Poison types, Jayson just hoped his gut feeling was right.....

He released Trieu out in front of himself, the large female Drapion brandished her claws at her strange opponent. "We've got a real fight on our hands Trieu, prepare yourself for the fight of your life! Pull it in and bite down with a Poison Fang!" Jayson knew that Shadow was its own type, the Metang shouldn't have the immunity to poison that it would as a regular Steel and Psychic type. Perhaps the radiation was meant to contain the Metang? Jayson hoped that poisoning it would give him sort sort of advantage. "If it looks poisoned, follow up with a Venoshock, otherwise strike with a Night Slash!" Jayson hoped Trieu would be able to turn the tables, but time would tell. He placed the Poisonium Z Crystal into his Z gauntlet, still apprehensive about when to activate it.

Old 07-20-2018, 10:58 AM   #579
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggggg5 View Post
Emi

Questioning the logic of how this young girl would have made it ahead of you, you decide to investigate the disturbance. You rush forward alongside your Inkay and find that to continue toward the voice you would need to venture into the trees and leave the nicer paved path through the garden. A few steps would not be a big deal, it should be easy enough to keep from getting lost if you don't stray too far. You head between a gap between a crystal and a tree leaving the last bit of modern times behind you momentarily. You hear another cry and head towards it when you come upon a clearing ringed by smaller more natural crystals. In the center you see the same young girl sniffling in her stark white dress looking up at a larger man who is in dark clothes. His main defining feature is a symbol on his chest which seems to be a bright red R but crossed out with a darker red S crossing it out. You immediately recognize this from whatever research or news stories you heard before coming into the town as a member of the Shells. "Come on now 'goily'." He says with an overexaggerated accent that he is obviously using in an attempt to be intimidating. "You know we are gonna find it anyways. Yous might as well tells us and we don't have to drag this out." He says before he and the girl spot you entering the clearing. The moment the Shell is distracted the girl takes the chance to dash from the clearing and run deeper into the trees. "Ah wai- fu- uggh." He turns to you with a scowl. "Yous lost me a lot of time. And now you gotta pay whoever you are." He takes out a pokeball. "Go Exeggcute, let's teach 'em a lesson." What will you do?
The woman moves forward, trying to find the source of the cry. She hears it again, and realizes that she was going to need to get off the beaten path, and into the thick of the grove. She wasn't against this, although she did worry slightly about potentially getting lost and being unable to find their way back to the main pathway. 'That's not all bad though, it would make this trip a lot more interesting than before.' Smiling, the woman followed the voice until she was reasonably sure that she had found it. Indeed it was the girl who she had met before, standing in the middle of a clearing that was ringed with small, more natural crystals. In front of her was a man wearing what looked to be a vandalized Team Rocket uniform, although the woman already knew where his allegiance lied. A member of the Shells. Truth be told, the conflict between the Shells and the Ribs barely interested her. Neither side was really all the interested in doing anything worthwhile and, to her, seemed more interested in just causing destruction and trying to hoard as much as they could. How utterly worthless their lives were.

The girl noticed the woman as she stepped into the clearing, and while the guy was clearly trying to intimidate the girl about the location of something, she was able to run off into the woods, causing the man to almost curse. 'Wow, worthless and incompetent. What an absolutely stellar combination of character traits.' The man seemed angry at her for costing him time and sent out his Pokemon, an Exeggcute. Truth be told, the woman didn't really give a damn about having a fair battle with this man. He was the type to threaten and intimidate children; there really wasn't a good reason to consider this man as anything more than a worm. "Scylla, you have no need to directly fight this Exeggcute. Do what you do best for me dear, distract it and lure it away from here. Feel free to take it out if you must." Scylla looked a little worried at having to do this, but nodded a bit. When it came to tricks, this was something that she was decent at. The woman noticed a one of Scylla's tentacles visibly shaking, and sighed. She was going to need to end this quickly.

"Now, for you, we're going to have a little chat. Normally I don't care what you Shells do, but I do think that trying to intimidate a little girl is something that IS beneath my moral code." The woman eyed the ring of crystals in the clearing, seeing if she could see a naturally sharp one. "I wonder if this clearing was meant to symbolize a fairy ring. Fairy rings are definitely the subject of much superstition in folklore mind you...and none of them good." The woman grinned, the glint of bloodlust in her eyes. "But one of the defining themes is this.

"Those who enter a fairy ring, never leave."

Last edited by Emi; 07-20-2018 at 11:25 AM.
Old 07-21-2018, 10:32 AM   #580
Maskerade
Rainbow Badge

Meetan:

Rigel lets you take the first shot, standing across the chapel with his arms crossed. His eyebrow rises as he sees the ash-coloured Bagon take to the field, but he seems to know better than to underestimate an opponent – he remains as serious in the face of the baby drake as he would have if you’d summoned a Salamence.

Eridian arches his heavy head back before shooting an impressive pillar of pressurized water at the large metal foe across him. The blast hits Aggron square on the chest and the beast groans, but for some reason does not retaliate. It then falls on Nina to keep up the pressure, and though a clever use of Mimic, the Alolan Vulpix copies Eridian’s Hydro Pump and blasts Aggron a second time!

The armoured colossus stumbles backwards, stunned by the consecutive high-powered moves, but does not fall. Instead, it glares angrily at the offenders, and when Rigel finally speaks, you understand the motive behind the forced passiveness…

“… Metal Burst.”

What follows is a massacre. Aggron roars and gathers silver energy in front of its open maw, before unleashing a gigantic beam of light that washes over Nina with such force that the small fox is hoisted off her feet and sent flying back all the way against church wall, smashing into a beautiful stained glass window which shatters completely. Your partner then tumbles helplessly to the floor… and does not get back up. Nina has fainted…

Enraged by the fate that befell his companion, Blaze rushes forward as he channels dark feelings into his claw. Black energy envelops his arm, and the Combusken leaps towards Claydol to deliver a Night Slash… but finds himself freezing in mid-air, trapped in a Psychic grip that leaves him completely vulnerable!

Things are definitely not going well; Rigel is the leader of the Shells for a reason, you’re not fighting the average grunt here. But now that you think about it… where did his third Pokemon go? There was Aggron, Claydol and… where is Sableye?!

The sudden sound of giggling coming from behind you causes you to spin around in alarm. Sure enough, half-buried in your own shadow is Rigel’s ghost! On its right hand is a key, and on his left… is the locked metal box! When did Sableye manage to steal it?!

“Like I said… I’ll even open it for you,” says Rigel, tauntingly.

Sableye adeptly places the key he received from Rigel into the hole and turns it. It clicks open, and the metal lid pops up. Light bursts from within the box, and Sableye starts glowing at the same time! The box falls to the ground with a thud, now empty, and the phantom stands before you transformed… a Mega Sableye!

“So, spy. Ready to start taking this seriously?”

TheKnightsFury:

Sensing the tide of battle shifting heavily in Metang’s favour, you recall the weakened Sigurd. In doing so, the Will-o-Wisps fade, and the room becomes pitch-black again, except for the metal demon’s glowing red-eyes, the LEDs scattered across the walls, and…

”Metang’s tower…” you hear Sigurd tell you mentally, now somewhat more rested in the safety of his Ball. Looking up, you see three more red light dots around the base of the iron pillar that sprouted from the ground, Metang’s “throne”. Do they mean anything?

Trieu takes Sigurd’s place, but clearly has a hard time adjusting her eyesight to the extremely low visibility. You wonder if the radiation can somehow work as a boost to Poison Pokemon, or a safety measure against Shadow Metang, and as such, retrieved the Poisonium-Z and insert it into your Gauntlet.

Radiation Poisoning up to Level 2!

Darkness from the Shadow Sky falls and envelops your Z-Crystal, and immediately you feel the overwhelming nausea worsen again. It is then that it clicks: It was Metang’s darkness that tainted the Crystal, which was why it improved when you retrieved it and stored it away! Out in the open, in this miniature shadow world, Metang can once again corrupt the Crystal and heighten its effect to uncontrollable levels – the Poisonium-Z wasn’t a lock on Metang’s power, but rather a target of its dark influence!

Trieu looks lost, but finally decides to make a move, aiming at the place where Metang’s eyes glow. Fangs charged with venomous power, she charges ahead and buries her claws and teeth into its cold metal armour, finally dealing some damage to the seemingly-impervious automaton! Poison does not seem to enter the being’s bloodstream, since it has no blood, but the fact that Trieu managed to land a hit gives you renewed hope nonetheless – the enemy isn’t untouchable.

Your stomach turns, your vision blurs, and you know all too well the cause for this sickly feeling. Still, you manage to hang tight, and order your Drapion – mercifully unaffected by the radiation for now – to keep the pressure up with a Night Slash. However, Trieu does not immediately comply. You realize she is staring into the red eyes of the devil, ensnared by some strange power. Finally, Trieu loses it – she releases her grip on Metang and begins to turn around frantically in every direction, looking frightened at the darkness that dances around her… she has been possessed by Shadow Panic!

Well Jayson… do you have a plan?
Old 07-21-2018, 11:02 AM   #581
Heather
Naga's Voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
Crystal Grove (Neutral): The upper-class section of the city has escaped most of the havoc that has plagued the others, due to its relative proximity to the Marshal's headquarters to the north-east. However, the southern end has seen some raids by the Shells, and the nobles have been troubled by their increased activity, and would be willing to allow those they deem worthy to help put an end to the rabble. The grove's natural plantlife and suburban gardens seem to attract forest pokemon more often than other sections. Reply in Magenta.
Mint was starting to rethink her decision to come here. Alas, looking at the time, if she turned around now, she wouldn’t be able to make it anywhere else and have enough daylight to really do anything. At least, if Celeste’s chirping was any indication, the Chatot on her shoulder was perfectly comfortable here.

These were the kinds of lapses in judgment Mint made, thinking to have an adventure in a city embroiled in what amounted to a gang war, and to do so away from police headquarters. Nnnnnnot her finest decision, truly. At the very least, this “Crystal Grove” she was headed to seemed to be relatively removed from all the chaos, so long as she stayed towards the north. Much as Mint would love to beat up a few gangsters, she wasn’t exactly strong enough to do so quite yet, so she would rather avoid them for the time being. That being said, this being a neighborhood of high-class people, Mint was still quite on edge here. Of all the hard-to-read types of people out there, wealthy folk were both the hardest to read and, depending on the situation, the worst to misread, regardless of whether or not they carried that stereotypical hoity-toity attitude.

Trying to take her mind off of all the reasons she didn’t want to be here for need of an ounce of motivation to stick around the area, Mint listened for the sounds of the Pokémon around the neighborhood, at least for what she could hear over the sound of Celeste’s chirping. This being a wealthy district, she was unsurprised to hear a decent number of Furfrou barking, but besides that, Mint got the feeling that this was an area with a large share of woodland Pokémon, given the sounds of birds and a few more reclusive bugs. While this did excite Mint somewhat, she had to remind herself that most of the Grass types she wanted most at this time were quite rare Pokémon, being hard to find in the wild even in the regions they were first discovered. That being said, the thought of finding one was enough to keep Mint distracted from her worries, so she kept thinking of them as she walked along, keeping her eyes and ears peeled for the sight or sound of one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Old 07-21-2018, 06:24 PM   #582
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Quote:

TheKnightsFury:

Sensing the tide of battle shifting heavily in Metang’s favour, you recall the weakened Sigurd. In doing so, the Will-o-Wisps fade, and the room becomes pitch-black again, except for the metal demon’s glowing red-eyes, the LEDs scattered across the walls, and…

”Metang’s tower…” you hear Sigurd tell you mentally, now somewhat more rested in the safety of his Ball. Looking up, you see three more red light dots around the base of the iron pillar that sprouted from the ground, Metang’s “throne”. Do they mean anything?

Trieu takes Sigurd’s place, but clearly has a hard time adjusting her eyesight to the extremely low visibility. You wonder if the radiation can somehow work as a boost to Poison Pokemon, or a safety measure against Shadow Metang, and as such, retrieved the Poisonium-Z and insert it into your Gauntlet.

Radiation Poisoning up to Level 2!

Darkness from the Shadow Sky falls and envelops your Z-Crystal, and immediately you feel the overwhelming nausea worsen again. It is then that it clicks: It was Metang’s darkness that tainted the Crystal, which was why it improved when you retrieved it and stored it away! Out in the open, in this miniature shadow world, Metang can once again corrupt the Crystal and heighten its effect to uncontrollable levels – the Poisonium-Z wasn’t a lock on Metang’s power, but rather a target of its dark influence!

Trieu looks lost, but finally decides to make a move, aiming at the place where Metang’s eyes glow. Fangs charged with venomous power, she charges ahead and buries her claws and teeth into its cold metal armour, finally dealing some damage to the seemingly-impervious automaton! Poison does not seem to enter the being’s bloodstream, since it has no blood, but the fact that Trieu managed to land a hit gives you renewed hope nonetheless – the enemy isn’t untouchable.

Your stomach turns, your vision blurs, and you know all too well the cause for this sickly feeling. Still, you manage to hang tight, and order your Drapion – mercifully unaffected by the radiation for now – to keep the pressure up with a Night Slash. However, Trieu does not immediately comply. You realize she is staring into the red eyes of the devil, ensnared by some strange power. Finally, Trieu loses it – she releases her grip on Metang and begins to turn around frantically in every direction, looking frightened at the darkness that dances around her… she has been possessed by Shadow Panic!

Well Jayson… do you have a plan?
Nothing he did seemed to be working, luck definitely wasn't on his side. Turned out the Poisonium Z had been corrupted by the Metang and exposing it to the Shadow Pokemon's influence once more led to another increase in radiation level. How had he been so stupid, how had that idea missed him? Jayson put it down to the radiation affecting his brain, although that was probably more of a scapegoat. Sigurd relayed a message as he passed into his Pokeball, it seemed the Gallade sensed something about the spire. Was it perhaps a literal seat of power? Was it where the Metang drew its strength from? The Shadow Sky appeared as the spire did, perhaps if he removed the spire, the Shadow Sky would fade, giving him a fighting chance?

The issue was that Trieu was now confused. The Drapion was now a risk to herself and a sitting duck for the Metang. This wasn't a fair fight, so Jayson had to at least try and give himself a numbers advantage. Removing the Poisonium Z and concealing it once more, Jayson retrieved Iron Maiden's Pokeball. The Ferrothorn was like tired, but Jayson hoped she would be able to hold on long enough to at least take down the spire. Iron Maiden appeared to fight the Shadow Metang, Jayson could see the fatigue in her, despite the short rest in her ball. "Iron Maiden, I know you are tired but we are desperate. Trieu, do your best to regain your senses. Meanwhile, Iron Maiden take down that spire!" Jayson quickly fed the Ferrothorn a Sitrus Berry from his pack, hoping it would prolong her impact. "Spin into the spire with a Gyro Ball, then lash out at it with a Power Whip." Jayson hoped he was doing what Sigurd hoped he would, they needed to take away some of this Metang's power.

Old 07-22-2018, 08:44 PM   #583
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
Shanty Heights (Neutral): As with any city, upper and lower class are divided, and to the unfortunates of the Shiny Heights sector to the south, the Shells and Ribs have made the location their battleground. Stuck between a rock and a hard place, the people of the christened Shanty Heights struggle through life, trapped on all sides with their lives and livelihoods at stake, whether it be from the ruthless Shells or the rascally Ribs. What they do possess is companionship, and a yearning to flee the city as refugees, and will be willing to give whatever it takes to ensure their freedom from the bedlam. The pokemon who call Shanty Heights home are those who possess what the people do not: Freedom of movement and little worry for the battles around them. Reply in Violet.
In the dead of night, on the second floor library of the formidable mansion that stood on the northern end of the Shadow Clearing on Sludge Wave Coast, things were happening. Two Pokémon were within the room, both of them wide awake, unlike the vast majority of said mansion's other occupants.

"I appreciate your doing this, Hermione," came the whispered voice of a large purple blob of a Pokémon. "I'll find it much easier to communicate with the people I help. Or the ones opposing me, for that matter."

"Oh, it's no problem at all, Crabbe," the small Bug and Poison-type responded as she worked hard on what appeared to be a large band of red fabric. "You pose an interesting challenge, but I believe I've met it well enough. Besides, considering the good you do for the world, I consider it an honor to help upgrade your outfit."

"It won't look any different, right?" asked the Swalot.

"No, no, it'll look exactly the same when I'm through with it," stated Hermione. "The translation device will blend in flawlessly with the fabric."

Crabbe watched Hermione as she worked. "I didn't know you could sew," he remarked.

"Willow taught me," came the Weedle's response. "She was a Leavanny in life, after all. Nearly done here," she added. "You need only wear the suit as normal, and anything you say will be translated automatically to human language."

"Excellent," smiled Crabbe. "I can't thank you enough for this. This will make things much easier for me."

~~~

...Such were the events of the previous night, the details of which were fresh in the mind of the bold purple blob who bore a curious resemblance to the mild-mannered Swalot of the night before, except this one was decked out in a fabulous outfit. A red mask around the upper portion of his blobby form, with holes cut out for his ruby-like eyes. Around his middle, the band of fabric Hermione had been working on the night before, looking no different from before, as per the Weedle's promise. Around what would qualify as his neck was tied a Superhero Cape with curious powers. Whether it was said powers, or aforementioned blob's curious knowledge of Fly, or even a combination of the two, one might never know. What was clear to see, however, was that this hungry, hungry hero was flying through the air, en route to Goldenridge City.

Following Keith's trip to Goldenridge, his other Pokémon had been filled in on the sad condition of the place. Crime running rampant, rival gangs vying for dominance, and innocent people caught in the middle. A story sorry enough to sadden any soul with the slightest smidgen of sympathy, surely. One soul in particular was not only touched by this, but aforementioned anecdotes of atrocity stirred his sense of justice. So what could he do? Why, whatever any self-respecting superhero would do- arrange for necessary upgrades to be made to his superhero suit, and head on out the very next night, with the intention of righting whatever wrongs he could.

And that's just what he was doing here and now. Ruby eyes scouring the landscape below as he approached the sad Shanty Heights, the bold blob began his descent. Was he really ready? He knew not. But then, he never knew when setting out to do right. There was nothing to it but to prepare as best he could (which in this case meant borrowing a number of necessary supplies and even Pokémon from a certain well-known Poison-type Trainer) and go for it. It's worked for him so far, and all he could do was hope that that quite favorable trend continued tonight, for the sake of the innocent people falling victim to senseless, wanton violence. A single tear fell from one of his eyes as he recalled the sorry tale of someone he once loved- someone he loved still, despite her no longer existing- whose demise was the sad result of senseless violence. It was her memory, her tragic fate, that spurred him to don this outfit in the first place, and it was exactly why it was so important that he do whatever he could here. Narcissa deserved better than she got, and so too did the innocent residents of Goldenridge. And so, preparing to land, the gallant gregarious glutton kept his eyes and ears open for the first sign of trouble, ready to act however may be necessary.

I am the belch that echoes in the night.
I am the indigestion of justice that makes you regret your dinner of evil.
I am the enemy of evildoers and all-you-can-eat buffets alike!
I am... Captain Stomach!
Old 07-23-2018, 12:23 PM   #584
Maskerade
Rainbow Badge

TheKnightsFury:

Radiation Poisoning down to Level 1

Metang seems to have an edge in every aspect of this fight: strength, mental prowess, even the field of battle, everything seems to be in its favour. With that in mind, you decide to at least tilt the numbers game to your own benefit, although really, with the current state of your companions can they really count as two?

Trieu flails about, helplessly lost to the Shadow Panic. Iron Maiden is still gasping for air after the gruelling fight with Muk, although the Sitrus Berry definitely seems to help in that regard. The two battlers are far from their peak condition, while the only damage Metang sustained so far came from a lone Poison Fang… can you really win this fight?

While you ponder on these matters, Sigurd seems to provide a light at the end of this bleak tunnel, or at the very least hint at an alternative approach to the engagement. The metal pillar where Metang rested remains in place, three red lights flickering at the base, and it seems to be Sigurd’s conviction that the spire is more meaningful than first appeared. It’s worth a shot, you reckon, and as such you instruct Iron Maiden to shift her focus from the enemy to its throne. Obediently, although in strain, the Ferrothorn darts past Metang and rapidly approaches the pillar, scuttling along the floor like an oversized spider homing in on her next meal.
Trieu, meanwhile, seems completely oblivious to your voice, continuing to gaze around in a mixture of fear and confusion, striking blindly at the darkness hat dances around her, all the while taking residual damage from these very shadows. Capitalizing on her dazed state, Metang relentlessly continues its onslaught – for the second time since the start of the fight, a sea of black flames washes over the field, engulfing Trieu in its dark embers and dealing frightening damage to the non-Shadow scorpion with its Shadow Fire!

Iron Maiden finally reaches the tower and lunges at it while beginning to spin. She hits the base like a spinning saw blade, sparks flying from the collision of metal on metal while a loud screech fills the arena. It is enough to draw Metang’s attention and, to your surprise, the Shadow automaton completely loses interest in Trieu as a result, instead hovering towards Iron Maiden as fast as it can! Oblivious to the approaching threat, your Ferrothorn swings a heavy vine into the side of the pillar, further damaging the structure, so much so that one of the LED lights goes out.

Metang finally catches up to Iron Maiden, however, and lets loose another stream of Shadow Fire at point-blank range that sends your companion tumbling across the floor and away from the tower. You notice no significant decrease in the demon’s power, nor has Shadow Sky dissipated, but now only two red lights remain on...

Is it worth continuing to pursue Sigurd’s clue, or is another strategy in order? Metang seems heavily invested in protecting its throne…
Old 07-23-2018, 07:58 PM   #585
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Quote:
TheKnightsFury:

Metang seems to have an edge in every aspect of this fight: strength, mental prowess, even the field of battle, everything seems to be in its favour. With that in mind, you decide to at least tilt the numbers game to your own benefit, although really, with the current state of your companions can they really count as two?

Trieu flails about, helplessly lost to the Shadow Panic. Iron Maiden is still gasping for air after the gruelling fight with Muk, although the Sitrus Berry definitely seems to help in that regard. The two battlers are far from their peak condition, while the only damage Metang sustained so far came from a lone Poison Fang… can you really win this fight?

While you ponder on these matters, Sigurd seems to provide a light at the end of this bleak tunnel, or at the very least hint at an alternative approach to the engagement. The metal pillar where Metang rested remains in place, three red lights flickering at the base, and it seems to be Sigurd’s conviction that the spire is more meaningful than first appeared. It’s worth a shot, you reckon, and as such you instruct Iron Maiden to shift her focus from the enemy to its throne. Obediently, although in strain, the Ferrothorn darts past Metang and rapidly approaches the pillar, scuttling along the floor like an oversized spider homing in on her next meal.
Trieu, meanwhile, seems completely oblivious to your voice, continuing to gaze around in a mixture of fear and confusion, striking blindly at the darkness hat dances around her, all the while taking residual damage from these very shadows. Capitalizing on her dazed state, Metang relentlessly continues its onslaught – for the second time since the start of the fight, a sea of black flames washes over the field, engulfing Trieu in its dark embers and dealing frightening damage to the non-Shadow scorpion with its Shadow Fire!

Iron Maiden finally reaches the tower and lunges at it while beginning to spin. She hits the base like a spinning saw blade, sparks flying from the collision of metal on metal while a loud screech fills the arena. It is enough to draw Metang’s attention and, to your surprise, the Shadow automaton completely loses interest in Trieu as a result, instead hovering towards Iron Maiden as fast as it can! Oblivious to the approaching threat, your Ferrothorn swings a heavy vine into the side of the pillar, further damaging the structure, so much so that one of the LED lights goes out.

Metang finally catches up to Iron Maiden, however, and lets loose another stream of Shadow Fire at point-blank range that sends your companion tumbling across the floor and away from the tower. You notice no significant decrease in the demon’s power, nor has Shadow Sky dissipated, but now only two red lights remain on...

Is it worth continuing to pursue Sigurd’s clue, or is another strategy in order? Metang seems heavily invested in protecting its throne…
Despite now having the numbers advantage, there wasn't much change in the standing of this battle. Iron Maiden was still exhausted and Trieu was still battling with the Shadow Panic, however Jayson hoped she was at least close to overcoming the condition. After two assaults on the tower, Iron Maiden finally managed to give them a flicker of hope. As her Power Whip struck the tower, one of the three lights flickered out. The Metang seemed to want to defend the tower as well, making Jayson certain that he was doing what Sigurd wanted him to do. He'd continue to trust the Gallade's intuition, it hadn't let him down yet.

It was time to take a risk. Taking their focus off the Metang might prove costly, as would giving Trieu orders while she was confused, but they would get nowhere playing safe. They had two more lights to take out, and Jayson hoped that two hits would do it and reveal the secret behind the throne. "Iron Maiden, hit the spire again with another Power Whip!" Now he hoped he would be able to get through to Trieu. "Come on Trieu! You have nothing to fear from the shadows! You've wielded them yourself, now fight them! Take down the throne, the source of the power, strike the spire with Night Slash!" Jayson hoped it was enough, they needed something to go their way. He wasn't sure how much longer Trieu and Iron Maiden would last, it was likely now or never. They had come this far, surely they couldn't fail now?

Old 07-23-2018, 08:42 PM   #586
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Maskerade- Calling for Daniel to do something about the lack of light, the man seems unsure on what to do. "I don't know! We really haven't been in this sort of situation before!" Elekid seems to shrug off its trainer's doubt however as it leaps atop the desk and starts whirling its arms around like a windmill. Sparks jump between its antenna, illuminating the room slightly and causing the Shadow Wraith to flinch! Another light then begins to glow, as Blizzer, fuelled by humiliation, evolves into a Beartic! The hulking bear is much more intimidating in this form, which now better reflects his aggressive persona. Surging forward in a jet of water, the evolved Ice type quickly closes in on the Shadow creature. Blizzer slashes through the creature with his razor sharp claws, literally cutting the Shadow Wraith in half! The two halves of the creature soon dissipate, the current threat had passed. Not long after, the lights flicker back on, it seems the creature had something to do with the lights not working....

Elekid stops spinning its arms and jumps down from the desk. With the lights now on, you check for any remains from the Shadow Wraith but it appears nothing remains. Blizzer returns to your side, proud of what he has achieved. The Beartic brandishes its claws, which seems to be coated in shadows, perhaps they were remnants of the Shadow Wraith?

Blizzer gained 3 levels! He also learnt Shadow Claw!

With your path to the elevator now clear, you follow Daniel as he quickly makes his way towards it. Blizzer is thankful that the elevator is quite large, although he still has to duck to fit inside. It doesn't take long to get to the second level and upon arrival you are surprised to find the lights are still on. Did that mean that no shadow creatures were here?

"The archives are just down the end of this hallway", Daniel points to a pair of large doors at the end of the hallway. "If we are quick we might be able to get in there before another one of those things shows up." As he says it, the lights begin to flicker, something was coming....

King Ghidorah- At the sight of the outcast baby Salandit, Onix promptly blows your element of surprise. She reveals herself and puts herself between the baby and its aggressive siblings. Onix tosses out some stones around herself, which quickly sink into the ground, ready to strike should any Pokemon cross over them. The swarm of Salandit slowly approach the Onix, wary of the threat. What they are wary of is that they've bunched up and made themselves an easy target. The roof of the cavern begins to shake and as fast as the Salandit are the aren't fast enough to escape the boulders that rain down on top of them. All fourteen of them are buried beneath the rubble, leaving just the Salazzle to deal with. The now enraged queen leaps atop the rocks and begins to gather Toxic poisons in her mouth. Sneasel leaps from cover, the Razor Claw around his neck giving him confidence. He lets out a spew of taunting cries, which seem to aggravate the Salazzle even more as her attention shifts to the Ice type. The toxins dissipate as she leaps down to face the Sneasel, who isn't fast enough to escape the incredibly fast Salazzle. She begins to slap him repetitively, smashing him around with each enraged strike. He lashes out with a claw, trying to break through the Salazzle's assault but the resisted hit does little to stop her.

The baby Salandit seems to be safe for now, but if the Salazzle was able to overcome your Sneasel she would likely look to finish the job her Salandit's weren't able to carry out.....

Old 07-26-2018, 03:27 AM   #587
Maskerade
Rainbow Badge

TheKnightsFury:

Despite Metang’s power seeming to be unaffected by your assault on the tower, you decide to persevere and follow Sigurd’s hint. Whatever he felt about the spire was still worth pursuing.

After the Shadow Fire, Iron Maiden is looking severely injured. The metal arachnid struggles to even remain standing, but she is determined not to let you down at such a critical moment! Emerald light surrounds one of her limbs, and she swings her Power Whip against the tower a second time, but this time around, the strike is considerably weaker in her state of exhaustion. Metang, in turn, has had enough of Iron Maiden’s meddling, and shoots another stream of Shadow Fire that robs the Ferrothorn of her last remaining strength. She slumps to the ground powerless, thoroughly unconscious. Iron Maiden has fainted...

*Iron Maiden gained 1 Level!*

Meanwhile, you try to get through to Trieu, hoping she finds the focus she has lost to the Shadow Panic. For a while, she keeps flailing about, but then you see her slowly beginning to calm down; her eyes narrow and her gaze shifts to the tower – she heard your instructions after all! The scorpion seizes the opening while Metang target and disposes of Iron Maiden, and lunges at the tower, slashing wildly at the unbreakable steel…

…. And the second light goes out!

*Trieu has gained 1 Level!*

Realizing what you’re up to, Shadow Metang suddenly shifts its own strategy. Rather than immediately bringing the fight to Trieu, you see electricity begin to envelop its arms again – Shadow Bolt is no longer disabled! However, when the machine takes aim, you realize the incoming attack isn’t aimed at your companion at all… but at you!

Metang holds back, biding its time before smiting you with black lightning. You understand what it’s trying to do – the demon is holding you hostage, threatening to strike you down if Trieu insists on damaging the tower any further. Its intelligence is frightening for a wild Pokemon… While the Drapion is visibly conflicted, you can see darkness rain down from the Shadow Sky above, once again pelting her skin, and you know you can’t draw this battle out much longer.

Metang wants you to give up, and will not hesitate to put you down if you resist. What can you do?!
Old 07-26-2018, 03:32 AM   #588
Maskerade
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Maskerade- Calling for Daniel to do something about the lack of light, the man seems unsure on what to do. "I don't know! We really haven't been in this sort of situation before!" Elekid seems to shrug off its trainer's doubt however as it leaps atop the desk and starts whirling its arms around like a windmill. Sparks jump between its antenna, illuminating the room slightly and causing the Shadow Wraith to flinch! Another light then begins to glow, as Blizzer, fuelled by humiliation, evolves into a Beartic! The hulking bear is much more intimidating in this form, which now better reflects his aggressive persona. Surging forward in a jet of water, the evolved Ice type quickly closes in on the Shadow creature. Blizzer slashes through the creature with his razor sharp claws, literally cutting the Shadow Wraith in half! The two halves of the creature soon dissipate, the current threat had passed. Not long after, the lights flicker back on, it seems the creature had something to do with the lights not working....

Elekid stops spinning its arms and jumps down from the desk. With the lights now on, you check for any remains from the Shadow Wraith but it appears nothing remains. Blizzer returns to your side, proud of what he has achieved. The Beartic brandishes its claws, which seems to be coated in shadows, perhaps they were remnants of the Shadow Wraith?

Blizzer gained 3 levels! He also learnt Shadow Claw!

With your path to the elevator now clear, you follow Daniel as he quickly makes his way towards it. Blizzer is thankful that the elevator is quite large, although he still has to duck to fit inside. It doesn't take long to get to the second level and upon arrival you are surprised to find the lights are still on. Did that mean that no shadow creatures were here?

"The archives are just down the end of this hallway", Daniel points to a pair of large doors at the end of the hallway. "If we are quick we might be able to get in there before another one of those things shows up." As he says it, the lights begin to flicker, something was coming....
Hanson grinned at the sight of his usually-aloof bear finding his hidden motivation and shattering the binds that restrained his true power. Blizzer now stood a fearsome, undeniably powerful Beartic, as evidenced by the ease with which he proceeded to dispatch the shadowy foe!

"Amazin' work buddy!" cheered the Gentle Giant. He'd never had a Pokemon that rivaled his own size, and this should make for an interesting change going forward. "Look at ya, all grown up and ready to kick ass!"

Blizzer roared, clearly proud of himself, having found a passion he never knew he had. As it turned out, dominating weaklings was actually quite fun! He gazed at his long-time companions and grinned, taunting them from atop of his two meters of sheer power. He'd just realized how tiny they all looked from up there.

"Ya did great too Elekid," Hanson continued; after all, the Electric-Type had managed to halt the Wraith's progress single-handedly while Daniel was still looking for his balls somewhere in the confines of his suit. "Maybe one day you'll be big enough to take on Blizzer there, heh?"

The journey to the archives was, thankfully, mostly uneventful. Daniel said all they had to do was reach the end of the hallway, but as soon as he finished speaking, the lights overhead began to flicker. If the previous encounter was anything to go by, something was approaching them - but even if he hadn't had a first experience already, he could feel the approach, hairs standing on end at the back of his neck.

"Dile..."

Hanson wasn't the only one feeling it, though. Still resentful that Blizzer, of all Pokemon, had managed to evolve before he did, Buster grew restless at the encroaching presence. The Totodile began to glow with a red aura, the manifestation his dragon blood starting to boil, and Hanson could tell he was channeling a Dragon Dance for anything that might try to harm them. Which, in Buster's mind, was the best thing he could ask for.

"Careful now," Hanson whispered. "If we can run to the end of the hallway before we're attacked, that's the best we can hope for. But if something like before tries to block us, well... we gunna wreck your shit!"

The familiar battlecry of the old Demolitions Unit rallied his companions, the anthem Hanson always shouted when his squad came crashing down guns blazing on the enemy. It felt like a lifetime ago...

"Breaker, keep Daniel safe like before. Buster, Claws at the ready - Dragon or Metal, I don't care which!"

Finally, he turned to the other man.

"We're gonna make a run for it. We're real close to findin' your girl, so ya better not wuss out on me now - put Elekid to use, he's a damn good friend to have!"

And with that, the team prepared to storm the archives...
Old 07-26-2018, 06:18 AM   #589
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Quote:
TheKnightsFury:

Despite Metang’s power seeming to be unaffected by your assault on the tower, you decide to persevere and follow Sigurd’s hint. Whatever he felt about the spire was still worth pursuing.

After the Shadow Fire, Iron Maiden is looking severely injured. The metal arachnid struggles to even remain standing, but she is determined not to let you down at such a critical moment! Emerald light surrounds one of her limbs, and she swings her Power Whip against the tower a second time, but this time around, the strike is considerably weaker in her state of exhaustion. Metang, in turn, has had enough of Iron Maiden’s meddling, and shoots another stream of Shadow Fire that robs the Ferrothorn of her last remaining strength. She slumps to the ground powerless, thoroughly unconscious. Iron Maiden has fainted...

*Iron Maiden gained 1 Level!*

Meanwhile, you try to get through to Trieu, hoping she finds the focus she has lost to the Shadow Panic. For a while, she keeps flailing about, but then you see her slowly beginning to calm down; her eyes narrow and her gaze shifts to the tower – she heard your instructions after all! The scorpion seizes the opening while Metang target and disposes of Iron Maiden, and lunges at the tower, slashing wildly at the unbreakable steel…

…. And the second light goes out!

*Trieu has gained 1 Level!*

Realizing what you’re up to, Shadow Metang suddenly shifts its own strategy. Rather than immediately bringing the fight to Trieu, you see electricity begin to envelop its arms again – Shadow Bolt is no longer disabled! However, when the machine takes aim, you realize the incoming attack isn’t aimed at your companion at all… but at you!

Metang holds back, biding its time before smiting you with black lightning. You understand what it’s trying to do – the demon is holding you hostage, threatening to strike you down if Trieu insists on damaging the tower any further. Its intelligence is frightening for a wild Pokemon… While the Drapion is visibly conflicted, you can see darkness rain down from the Shadow Sky above, once again pelting her skin, and you know you can’t draw this battle out much longer.

Metang wants you to give up, and will not hesitate to put you down if you resist. What can you do?!
Iron Maiden collapsed, unable to continue after her monumental effort. First she had evolved to save them from the Muk and now she'd given her all to give them a fighting chance against the Metang. As Trieu struck the spire, the second light flickered out, leaving just one. Jayson had hoped to knock both out with that assault but it seemed the throne was stronger than he expected. The Metang seemed to sense that shutting Jayson down would be a more successful approach than shutting down his Pokemon. They'd been targeting the Metang's throne, the source of its power, now it was looking to take him down. Jayson stared into the Shadow Metang's cold and lifeless eyes. How did you become this? Jayson knew the Metang had been reading his mind and he hoped it was now. If he could manage to get the Metang to falter for just a moment, Trieu might be able to bring the spire down.

Jayson gave Trieu a nod, as if to say "keep slashing and slashing away at the spire, I can take this." Jayson locked eyes with the Metang once more. "Why are you like this? Were you programmed this way or did something happen to you?" Jayson knew that shadow pokemon had often endured traumatic experiences. "You think you are strong because you feed off the shadows? That isn't strength, that is weakness! Strength is resisting the shadows, we all have demons but we get stronger by fighting them, not embracing them!" Jayson was likely putting his life on the line, but he didn't really have any other choice. Fortune favours the brave, right?

Old 07-26-2018, 07:26 AM   #590
King Ghidorah
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
King Ghidorah- At the sight of the outcast baby Salandit, Onix promptly blows your element of surprise. She reveals herself and puts herself between the baby and its aggressive siblings. Onix tosses out some stones around herself, which quickly sink into the ground, ready to strike should any Pokemon cross over them. The swarm of Salandit slowly approach the Onix, wary of the threat. What they are wary of is that they've bunched up and made themselves an easy target. The roof of the cavern begins to shake and as fast as the Salandit are the aren't fast enough to escape the boulders that rain down on top of them. All fourteen of them are buried beneath the rubble, leaving just the Salazzle to deal with. The now enraged queen leaps atop the rocks and begins to gather Toxic poisons in her mouth. Sneasel leaps from cover, the Razor Claw around his neck giving him confidence. He lets out a spew of taunting cries, which seem to aggravate the Salazzle even more as her attention shifts to the Ice type. The toxins dissipate as she leaps down to face the Sneasel, who isn't fast enough to escape the incredibly fast Salazzle. She begins to slap him repetitively, smashing him around with each enraged strike. He lashes out with a claw, trying to break through the Salazzle's assault but the resisted hit does little to stop her.

The baby Salandit seems to be safe for now, but if the Salazzle was able to overcome your Sneasel she would likely look to finish the job her Salandit's weren't able to carry out.....
Hugo watched on in despair as Sneasel was being repeatedly smashed into the ground. He knew sending Sneasel into battle against Salazzle was a gambit, considering the type disadvantage, but he thought just maybe Sneasel could hit faster than the Toxic Lizard Pokemon. But he was wrong. As fast as Sneasel was, Salazzle was simply faster, and was fueled by rage now considering her army of Salandit were buried under Onix’ attack.

There was one option left for Sneasel, but it would be extremely dangerous, not just for Sneasel, but everyone in the cave. Hugo was already beginning to feel the change in his breathing; the deeper they went into the cave, the less oxygen there was. That made his next decision all the more critical. But as Hugo watched Sneasel’s skull slam against the hard cavern floor over and over again, he knew that the option he feared most was the only option.
Without thinking twice, Hugo grabbed the baby Salandit by the scruff of the neck and lifted it into his arms.

“Onix, hoist us on to your head,” he commanded, his voice teeming with urgency. Without hesitation, the Rock Snake acquiesced, lifting Hugo and Salandit high into the air. “Now take cover behind the rock tomb. Hurry!”

Onix tried to maneuver herself in a way that gave itself as much coverage as possible, though being as large as she was, it was difficult, but it was a necessary risk. Hugo looked down and saw Sneasel was on the brink of collapse, the life draining out of it with each additional strike.

“SNEASEL!” Hugo echoed through the cavern. “USE SURF!!!!!”
Old 07-26-2018, 08:49 PM   #591
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Maskerade- You prepare to make a mad dash for the archives room. Breaker danced about in anticipation, boosting his speed and strength in anticipation, he knew something was coming. As soon as you take a step, the lights cut out, you were surrounded by darkness. It is then that you hear the buzzing, the fast beating of wings as something approaches. Elekid begins to windmill its arms, but the sparks dancing between its antenna do little to illuminate your surroundings. Your party do their best to advance towards the room at the end of a hall, but then you find yourself under assault. Something attacks with incredible speed, slashing across your calves and causing you to drop to your knees in pain.

"Ahhhhhh", shouts Daniel, "something bit me!" Listening, you can hear the beating of multiple pairs of wings, were there multiple assailants? You catch a glimpse of something as it surges past you, slashing across your left shoulder. With the limited lighting being produced from Elekid, all you manage to make out is a shadowy figure, somewhat reminiscent of a Zubat. Breaker is doing his best to try and swat down your strange assailants, but without proper visibility his task is almost impossible. With these creatures attacking you there is no way you can make it to the archives room without at least distracting them.

"I'm bleeding", cries Daniel, "why are these things attacking us and not our Pokemon?" Daniel's question was a fair one, the Shadow Wraith had also shown little interest in your Pokemon. These shadow creatures seemed to have an agenda, did that mean they were being controlled?"

King Ghidorah- With the Salazzle mercilessly beating your Sneasel to a bloody pulp, you decide it is time to take a risk and jump into action. You grab the baby Salandit by the scruff of the neck and quickly mount your Onix. Scaling the rocky boulders, you climb atop the Onix's head, instructing her to try and bunker down behind the Rock Tomb. This next assault could prove painful for her if she was caught in the crossfire, but hopefully the Rock Tomb would be enough to protect her. Shouting an order out to Sneasel, you watch on eagerly as the Ice type regains its footing. Pushing its clawed hands forward, Sneasel somehow creates a giant surge of water that arches up into a wave. The Salazzle scrambles but even her blinding speed isn't enough to escape the crashing wave which quickly consumes her. The Rock Tomb thankfully works as a break, stopping the wave from crashing into Onix. The water does pool across the cavern floor however, distressing Onix and causing her to shake as she tries to get herself out of the water. Spooked, the baby Salandit lashes out, chomping down on your arm. Her young teeth are like little knives digging into your arm.

The Salazzle picks herself up, she was now wet and angrier than before! These intruders had come into her home, harmed her minions and drenched her, this couldn't go unpunished! She lets out a billowing smog that quickly surrounds your Sneasel, damaging him slightly. However there appears to be more to her plan as she lets out a burst of flame that ignites the volatile gases, causing a massive explosion! Sneasel is sent flying backwards, crashing into the wall of the cavern. He slumps to the ground, it seems he wasn't able to handle the Salazzle.

The baby Salandit lets go of your arm. Dropping to land on Onix's head, the hatchling shoots a challenging glare at the Salazzle. Looking to the defeated Sneasel, she begins to clap her tiny hands. You watch as they begin to glow and then watch in amazement as the same glow begins to envelop Sneasel! It seemed the baby Salandit was lending her strength to her champion, doing her best to give him a Helping Hand. Sneasel slowly rises to its feet once more, he didn't have much left in him, but he wasn't about to give up. As the Salandit stops clapping its hands, the glow around Sneasel doesn't seem to stop. The Dark type grasps the Razor Claw around its neck and a bright light envelops the cavern. Sneasel begins to rapidly change, growing slightly taller as a crown of feathers develops across his head. A collar of the crimson feathers forms around his neck and as the light fades, a menacing smile spreads across the newly evolved Weavile's face. Maybe now he had what it took to stand up to the Salazzle?

Your Sneasel evolved into Weavile!

Old 07-27-2018, 01:28 PM   #592
King Ghidorah
Rainbow Badge

Quote:

King Ghidorah- With the Salazzle mercilessly beating your Sneasel to a bloody pulp, you decide it is time to take a risk and jump into action. You grab the baby Salandit by the scruff of the neck and quickly mount your Onix. Scaling the rocky boulders, you climb atop the Onix's head, instructing her to try and bunker down behind the Rock Tomb. This next assault could prove painful for her if she was caught in the crossfire, but hopefully the Rock Tomb would be enough to protect her. Shouting an order out to Sneasel, you watch on eagerly as the Ice type regains its footing. Pushing its clawed hands forward, Sneasel somehow creates a giant surge of water that arches up into a wave. The Salazzle scrambles but even her blinding speed isn't enough to escape the crashing wave which quickly consumes her. The Rock Tomb thankfully works as a break, stopping the wave from crashing into Onix. The water does pool across the cavern floor however, distressing Onix and causing her to shake as she tries to get herself out of the water. Spooked, the baby Salandit lashes out, chomping down on your arm. Her young teeth are like little knives digging into your arm.

The Salazzle picks herself up, she was now wet and angrier than before! These intruders had come into her home, harmed her minions and drenched her, this couldn't go unpunished! She lets out a billowing smog that quickly surrounds your Sneasel, damaging him slightly. However there appears to be more to her plan as she lets out a burst of flame that ignites the volatile gases, causing a massive explosion! Sneasel is sent flying backwards, crashing into the wall of the cavern. He slumps to the ground, it seems he wasn't able to handle the Salazzle.

The baby Salandit lets go of your arm. Dropping to land on Onix's head, the hatchling shoots a challenging glare at the Salazzle. Looking to the defeated Sneasel, she begins to clap her tiny hands. You watch as they begin to glow and then watch in amazement as the same glow begins to envelop Sneasel! It seemed the baby Salandit was lending her strength to her champion, doing her best to give him a Helping Hand. Sneasel slowly rises to its feet once more, he didn't have much left in him, but he wasn't about to give up. As the Salandit stops clapping its hands, the glow around Sneasel doesn't seem to stop. The Dark type grasps the Razor Claw around its neck and a bright light envelops the cavern. Sneasel begins to rapidly change, growing slightly taller as a crown of feathers develops across his head. A collar of the crimson feathers forms around his neck and as the light fades, a menacing smile spreads across the newly evolved Weavile's face. Maybe now he had what it took to stand up to the Salazzle?

Your Sneasel evolved into Weavile!
It worked.

Hugo took a huge gamble, but it paid off. Albeit not without some collateral damages. They now sat in a puddle and Hugo had a series of painful puncture wounds across his forearm – which would almost certainly get infected at some point – but nevertheless, he had somewhat evened the playing field.

Weavile vs. Salazzle. The battle of ice and fire.

Thanks to the young Salandit’s quick thinking – the females were known for their shrewdness – Weavile emerged from the blast and gave them a fighting chance. Just how much more he could take, Hugo didn’t know, but it couldn’t be much. Salazzle was lightning quick, certainly more than Sneasel was, but now that he was Weavile, he might just be faster. Could fast ice beat fast fire? Hugo thought for a moment and rephrased the question to himself. Would fire’s speed be useful on ice?

He thought back to that winter several years ago when he stumbled upon a Vulpix foraging on pond that had frozen over. When the Vulpix caught sight of Hugo, it tried to flee in panic, but couldn’t get it’s footing on the ice causing it to slide into the stump of an old tree. Salazzle’s how life is rapid fire. It’s mind is quick, but when it’s temper got the best of it, it seemed to act more out of impulse. Hugo would use the fire types hot-headedness to his own advantage.

“Sneas—I mean…WEAVILE!” he called out. The Sharp Claw Pokemon, dashed it’s way up Onix’ rocky body to the head so Hugo could instruct out of earshot of the Salazzle, but they needed to keep it brief.

“You need to throw her off guard and strike first with Quick Attack, and then drop an Avalanche into the puddled water. Freeze it and jump the opposite end that Salazzle is on. Piss her off and use Taunt. When she comes charging, she’ll slip and slide into the wall. And when she’s down, blast her with another Surf!”
Old 07-28-2018, 10:08 PM   #593
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

King Ghidorah- With the balance in power shifting a little more in your favour, you encourage your newly evolved Weavile to continue its assault. If you could keep the Salazzle on its back foot, you might just be able to overcome the type advantage. The Weavile dashes forward, kicking up water as he closes the gap between him and the Salazzle. But the Salazzle seems prepared, seeing her opponent evolve has made her realize that she has been taking this fight too lightly. An instant before Weavile strikes, she drops low, swinging her tail around and sweeping his feet out from under him. He hits the ground with a resounding crack, that one surely hurt.

Weavile leaps back to its feet, this Salazzle was fast. Before he could think, the Salazzle was on him again, this time spraying him with a barrage of embers. He braced himself, knowing he just had to get through this attack. As the Salazzle's jaws snap shut, he sends an avalanche of snow tumbling across the wet cavern floor. The water freezes into a thin layer of ice and the Salazzle is momentarily trapped neck deep in snow. Unfortunately, neck deep isn't enough. You see the rage grow in the Salazzle's eyes, before you can warn Weavile it is too late. A torrent of dragon flame erupts from the queen's mouth, bathing Weavile as he is brought to the ground. The baby Salandit claps again, but this time its champion was beyond help.

Weavile has fainted

Removing itself from the snow, the Salazzle locks eyes with the baby Salandit, it was going to finish the job its Salandits didn't get to finish. As it steps onto the thin layer of ice, it seems a little unsteady, perhaps this was something you could exploit? The baby Salandit hisses at its poor excuse of a mother.

Old 07-30-2018, 01:04 AM   #594
biggggg5
Volcano Badge

Emi

After creating the opprotunity for the young girl to escape you seem to have incurred the wrath of this Shells member and his exeggcute. With a quick word you ask Scylla to play to her strengths and attempt to distract the exeggcute away from the fight. Scylla swoops in and pecks at the grass pokemon with her squid beak in attempts to gain the attention of the grass pokemon. TheExeggcute begins to hops a few paces away after Scylla and for a moment your plan seems to take hold. So whith the pokemon somewhat distracted you grab one of the sharper looking stones and threaten the Shell with it. He looks a bit apprehensive for a second but then slumps his shoulders. "Aw fuck, it's one of them crazy rich girls. I said that it would be a bad idea comin' over here." He sighs. "Exeggcute!" He calls out in an authorative tone. "Forget about the squid for a minute and get over here to protect me. Use barrage!" He says pointing at you. The Exeggcute, apparently better trained than you would assume from a grunt like this, begins to head back over to between you and the Shell, though the more cracked of the group are still distracted by Scylla. The more solid eggs begin their barrage attack, and while the attack looks by no means harmless it does seem to be lessened by the fact the exeggcute is divided. You bring your arms up to protect your face and the attack stings as if you were being shot by a low powered paintball gun. While you aren't hurt the barrage has kept you from closing in with your improvised weapon. Scylla glances over concerned but continues to distract the dumber cracked eggs until her next orders. What will you do now?

Old 08-01-2018, 06:05 PM   #595
Maskerade
Rainbow Badge

TheKnightsFury:

Radiation Poisoning Level 1 in effect

It’s now or never, and you know you have to make one final decision – give up on the assault on the tower, or risk your very life to see this through to the end. So evidently, you choose to dance with death.

Trieu hears out your instructions and hesitates, wondering why you’d call out Shadow Metang’s bluff like that. But your look of determination does not waver for even a second, and the Drapion has no choice but to do as she’s told: while the demonic automaton continues to take aim at you, Trieu lunges at the tower and strikes over and over with all the strength she has left!

You try to reason with the machine, questioning the true meaning of strength and the source of its own. The darkness overhead continues to swirl, and Metang’s arm does not lower for even a second. Briefly, it seems to ponder on your words, but as soon as the sound of Trieu’s claws colliding with the spire’s steel reaches its sensors, the red in its eyes only intensifies. You realize then, and much too late, that nothing you say will get through to the creature, and all you can do is watch as a spear of black lightning shoots forward from its claws and strikes you right in the chest!

Unspeakable pain courses over you while your muscles spasm and contract erratically under the intense electrical current running through them. You almost black out completely from the torture, but the gods won’t even grant you that one mercy, and you remain awake through the whole thing. When the electricity finally subsides, you fall to your knees, gasping for air, your whole body burning. One more shot like that and you know you won’t be able to withstand it…

… until it happens.

Trieu hits the metal tower one final time, and at last, the third light goes out! For a moment nothing seems to happen, which makes you wonder if all this effort was for nothing and Sigurd was simply wrong. But soon afterwards, the whole tower begins to rotate in place, and a noise-filled recording of a human voice starts to play.

”Proof of Knowledge… delivered.”

An outline of the diagram you solved earlier glows on the wall to your left, drawn entirely in red LED lights.

”Proof of Wisdom… delivered.”

On the right wall, a representation of the two gates and their guardians appears, also in bright red dots.

”Proof of Power… delivered.”

Finally, the tower stops spinning. A metal plate near the base slides upwards, revealing a small orifice… and from that hidden compartment falls something which rolls along the floor, stopping mere inches away from where you’re kneeling down in pain. Sigurd’s voice echoes in your head once more, explaining the identity of the mysterious, barely visible item on the ground.

Jayson… it’s a Snag Ball

Before you even attempt to move, let alone reach for the device, you see Metang raise an arm again and take aim at you, determined not to let you stand in the way of its newfound freedom. After all, you unleashed the demon back into the world, awakening it from its slumber and unlocking the doors that contained it inside the mountain. It looks as if the Ball is the last-resort mechanism left behind by whoever managed to construct this prison for the machine, and now that it is so close to liberation, Metang will not allow itself to be imprisoned again!

You have only a few seconds to make a move – what will it be?!
Old 08-01-2018, 06:25 PM   #596
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Quote:
TheKnightsFury:

It’s now or never, and you know you have to make one final decision – give up on the assault on the tower, or risk your very life to see this through to the end. So evidently, you choose to dance with death.

Trieu hears out your instructions and hesitates, wondering why you’d call out Shadow Metang’s bluff like that. But your look of determination does not waver for even a second, and the Drapion has no choice but to do as she’s told: while the demonic automaton continues to take aim at you, Trieu lunges at the tower and strikes over and over with all the strength she has left!

You try to reason with the machine, questioning the true meaning of strength and the source of its own. The darkness overhead continues to swirl, and Metang’s arm does not lower for even a second. Briefly, it seems to ponder on your words, but as soon as the sound of Trieu’s claws colliding with the spire’s steel reaches its sensors, the red in its eyes only intensifies. You realize then, and much too late, that nothing you say will get through to the creature, and all you can do is watch as a spear of black lightning shoots forward from its claws and strikes you right in the chest!

Unspeakable pain courses over you while your muscles spasm and contract erratically under the intense electrical current running through them. You almost black out completely from the torture, but the gods won’t even grant you that one mercy, and you remain awake through the whole thing. When the electricity finally subsides, you fall to your knees, gasping for air, your whole body burning. One more shot like that and you know you won’t be able to withstand it…

… until it happens.

Trieu hits the metal tower one final time, and at last, the third light goes out! For a moment nothing seems to happen, which makes you wonder if all this effort was for nothing and Sigurd was simply wrong. But soon afterwards, the whole tower begins to rotate in place, and a noise-filled recording of a human voice starts to play.

”Proof of Knowledge… delivered.”

An outline of the diagram you solved earlier glows on the wall to your left, drawn entirely in red LED lights.

”Proof of Wisdom… delivered.”

On the right wall, a representation of the two gates and their guardians appears, also in bright red dots.

”Proof of Power… delivered.”

Finally, the tower stops spinning. A metal plate near the base slides upwards, revealing a small orifice… and from that hidden compartment falls something which rolls along the floor, stopping mere inches away from where you’re kneeling down in pain. Sigurd’s voice echoes in your head once more, explaining the identity of the mysterious, barely visible item on the ground.

Jayson… it’s a Snag Ball

Before you even attempt to move, let alone reach for the device, you see Metang raise an arm again and take aim at you, determined not to let you stand in the way of its newfound freedom. After all, you unleashed the demon back into the world, awakening it from its slumber and unlocking the doors that contained it inside the mountain. It looks as if the Ball is the last-resort mechanism left behind by whoever managed to construct this prison for the machine, and now that it is so close to liberation, Metang will not allow itself to be imprisoned again!

You have only a few seconds to make a move – what will it be?!
Everything was fuzzy. His chest heaved, his body seemed to weigh a tonne. Jayson couldn't believe he survived that Shadow Bolt, part of him wished he hadn't. The Spire seemed to be the last test in a series, judging by the images that he could barely make out on the walls. This was all some sick test, who the hell would do this? Trieu had struck the throne a final time, as instructed and everything seemed to fall into place. Sigurd hadn't led him astray, as the tower spun in deposited a strange looking ball that Jayson had heard of only once. A snag ball. He knew they were once used to secure Shadow Pokemon, but from what he had heard they had all been destroyed. How long has this thing been down here? The ball rolled towards him, stopping mere inches from his grasp. The Metang seemed intent on putting him out of his misery, but Jayson knew if he could just grab the ball, he might stand a chance.

"Trieu, shield me", it even hurt to talk but Jayson managed to get the words out. Now he just had to grab the ball. His arm struggles to respond, his body was too taxed. His hand slowly opened, it felt like he was wearing a rusted iron gauntlet. Nearly there, the ball was nearly in his grasp. It would take the last bit of his energy to throw the ball at the Metang, but it was the only option.....

Old 08-03-2018, 07:22 AM   #597
King Ghidorah
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
King Ghidorah- With the balance in power shifting a little more in your favour, you encourage your newly evolved Weavile to continue its assault. If you could keep the Salazzle on its back foot, you might just be able to overcome the type advantage. The Weavile dashes forward, kicking up water as he closes the gap between him and the Salazzle. But the Salazzle seems prepared, seeing her opponent evolve has made her realize that she has been taking this fight too lightly. An instant before Weavile strikes, she drops low, swinging her tail around and sweeping his feet out from under him. He hits the ground with a resounding crack, that one surely hurt.

Weavile leaps back to its feet, this Salazzle was fast. Before he could think, the Salazzle was on him again, this time spraying him with a barrage of embers. He braced himself, knowing he just had to get through this attack. As the Salazzle's jaws snap shut, he sends an avalanche of snow tumbling across the wet cavern floor. The water freezes into a thin layer of ice and the Salazzle is momentarily trapped neck deep in snow. Unfortunately, neck deep isn't enough. You see the rage grow in the Salazzle's eyes, before you can warn Weavile it is too late. A torrent of dragon flame erupts from the queen's mouth, bathing Weavile as he is brought to the ground. The baby Salandit claps again, but this time its champion was beyond help.

Weavile has fainted

Removing itself from the snow, the Salazzle locks eyes with the baby Salandit, it was going to finish the job its Salandits didn't get to finish. As it steps onto the thin layer of ice, it seems a little unsteady, perhaps this was something you could exploit? The baby Salandit hisses at its poor excuse of a mother.

“Damn,” Hugo thought, recalling Weavile. Luck had been on his side thus far, he thought maybe Weavile would be able to pull it off. Weavile had been put through the ringer though, between the Graveler, the other Salandit, and now Salazzle. It was lucky he made it this far at all, seeing as he had type disadvantages at each turn.

There was a choice to be made now, Hugo knew. Onix certainly had the strength to take out the Salazzle, but she was set on protecting the baby Salandit. And even so, the Salazzle was crafty and had a speed advantage on Onix. Not to mention that being this deep in the cave, Hugo would need to rely on Onix to get out of the cave once this ordeal was over with.

Despite losing Weavile, Hugo’s plan to put the Salazzle on uneasy footing had succeeded, having isolated her on an unstable ice patch. But now Hugo would need to capitalize. He had an idea how, but like everything else he’d tried so far, it carried a good deal of risk.

Hugo grabbed the Pokeball from his waist and opened it. In a flash, Ponyta rematerialized. She looked more rested than she had earlier, but she still showed fatigue from the earlier battles. The Fire Horse locked eyes with the Salazzle from the edge of the ice patch, and tossed her head back in defiance, her fiery mane flashing vibrantly against the dim cavern walls.

“Ponyta, throw Salazzle off balance with Quick Attack. Make her come after you and tumble onto the ice. Then while she’s down, melt it with Flamethrower and run her into the ground with High Horsepower!
Old 08-03-2018, 04:12 PM   #598
Maskerade
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
Maskerade- You prepare to make a mad dash for the archives room. Breaker danced about in anticipation, boosting his speed and strength in anticipation, he knew something was coming. As soon as you take a step, the lights cut out, you were surrounded by darkness. It is then that you hear the buzzing, the fast beating of wings as something approaches. Elekid begins to windmill its arms, but the sparks dancing between its antenna do little to illuminate your surroundings. Your party do their best to advance towards the room at the end of a hall, but then you find yourself under assault. Something attacks with incredible speed, slashing across your calves and causing you to drop to your knees in pain.

"Ahhhhhh", shouts Daniel, "something bit me!" Listening, you can hear the beating of multiple pairs of wings, were there multiple assailants? You catch a glimpse of something as it surges past you, slashing across your left shoulder. With the limited lighting being produced from Elekid, all you manage to make out is a shadowy figure, somewhat reminiscent of a Zubat. Breaker is doing his best to try and swat down your strange assailants, but without proper visibility his task is almost impossible. With these creatures attacking you there is no way you can make it to the archives room without at least distracting them.

"I'm bleeding", cries Daniel, "why are these things attacking us and not our Pokemon?" Daniel's question was a fair one, the Shadow Wraith had also shown little interest in your Pokemon. These shadow creatures seemed to have an agenda, did that mean they were being controlled?"
Let him bleed, that was Hanson's first thought. But he wasn't a bad man at heart, quite the opposite, and despite their initial confrontation, he really couldn't fault the suit's behaviour since everything had gone to shit. All he wanted was to find his wife.

"Ah, damn it," he grumbled. Struggling to make his way over to Daniel, fighting through his own pain, Hanson looked to hoist the man in a fireman's carry for the last stretch of the corridor. But first, they had to clear the way.

The sounds around them gave Breaker a distinct idea that they were dealing with multiple enemies this time around. The Nidoran's hearing was the sharpest among all of Hanson's companions, and despite their rivalry, he felt obligated to relay his findings to Buster on the front lines. He couldn't be sure of just how many of them there were, but the Totodile needed to know he'd have to focus on more than one foe. Buster grinned and nodded as Breaker shouted these instructions, before eagerly cracking his knuckles.

"Here he goes..."

The air around Buster suddenly became much colder while the Water-Type charged energy in his entire body. After a short while even Buster himself was shivering, but it didn't stop him from continuing the attack - spreading his short arms to the side, he let out a sharp cry, preparing to fill the corridor ahead with a mighty Blizzard that might just bring down the flying nuisances that prevented their progress!

It's the only freaking way we can hope to hit all of them at once. He may be a reckless idiot when it comes to fighting, but there's no denying Buster is a goddamn prodigy when he puts his mind to it...

Now, they'd have to wait and see if they got lucky...
Old 08-03-2018, 05:05 PM   #599
Maskerade
Rainbow Badge

TheKnightsFury:

This is it, your last chance at survival - that is, after all, what this confrontation has boiled down to. The demon machine clearly has no qualms about killing you if it has to; whatever it takes to enjoy the freedom of the outside world again.

It speaks volumes about the creature's power that the only way it could be contained was by putting in place so many safeguards, so many barriers and secrets to prevent it from ever reaching the surface again. Shadow Metang could not be defeated - only restrained. But now that the automaton feels its destiny about to change drastically, it will stop at nothing to attain freedom!

Another black bolt is fired mercilessly, dark electricity shooting forth from the machine's outstretched claws. The current runs along the ground, homing in on you, and you are powerless to defend against it, let alone dodge in your condition.
But just as it seems that death is certain, your view becomes obstructed. In a last desperate attempt, Trieu has jumped between you and Metang, and you can only watch as the vile energy engulfs and consumes her - in her dedication to you, the Drapion has selflessly paid the ultimate price. "Shield me", you ordered summarily, and as your Pokemon, she was forced to comply. How did she feel about that command? Will you ever have a chance to find out?

Trieu collapses in front of your eyes, all remaining strength sapped away. She is not moving - the third casualty since you entered the mountain, and considering Trieu and Blinky's state, you can count yourself lucky not to have five fallen companions. If you ever make it back out, it will take a very long time for any Nurse Joy to restore your Pokemon a healthy state...

You owe it to all of them - especially Honedge, Iron Maiden and Trieu - to put an end to things here and now, to capitalize on the only opening you've had since running into this demon. Your body fails you, it has been failing you since radiation entered it, but you persevere. Slowly, painfully, your hand reaches out to the Snag Ball and your fingers wrap around it. But finding the power to toss it is another matter altogether.

Having had enough of your nine lives, the machine hovers over to you, red eyes staring coldly at the heap of flesh that has proven a much bigger nuisance than its computations could have ever predicted. You feel a cold metal hand wrap around your throat and effortlessly lift you off the ground; the other hand, you realize, is once more enveloped in crackling, electrically-charged shadows. Metang takes a swing...

... and you throw the Ball at point-blank range as quickly as you can, the only distance you could ever cover with the almost non-existent strength left in your body!

A burst of light erupts from the tiny device, taking the shape of five glowing tendrils, and envelops the dark being, who flails about powerlessly for the first time in its life. Metang is pushed inside the Snag Ball, and it clicks shut. The device falls to the ground, as do you; your vision begins to fade, and the last thing you see is the Ball shake once... twice...

You being to open your eyes again, finding you now have to shield them - the sunlight is much too strong. You realize you're lying on the ground, back out in the open, the mine's entrance located behind you and two very concerned-looking Marshalls towering over you.

"This one was left behind!"

"Arceus damn it... did we get here too late?"

"Well, kid's awake... we gotta rush him to the nearest Center!"

"How the hell did he miss the evacuation announcement? Freaking idiot..."

You feel yourself being hoisted up from the ground and placed on a stretcher. There's nothing you can do to oppose them, even if you wanted to, as you are completely drained of strength. The sickly sensation in the pit of your stomach is still there, but as you are transported away from the mine, somehow... you know you're gonna be alright. You do wonder, however, if you could say the same about Blinky: you recall your last sight of him, permanently mutated by the intense radiation into growing a third eye and a sickly orange skin tone...

Instinctively, your hand reaches for your belt. Thank Arceus, they're all there. But when your fingers touch the last metal sphere, a sense of dread flows through you. The last ball contains nothing but unbridled, untamed darkness, the origins of which you never got around to discovering. What will you do with this power - or what will it do to you?...

Congratulations! You've captured a Level 25 Shadow Metang! It knows the moves Shadow Sky, Shadow Panic, Shadow Bolt and Shadow Fire!

----------

((And as such, your Bedlam adventure is now over! I know you'd asked for a short story to have Blinky become a bit more special, but I decided to take you for an extra spin. Thanks for being such a consistent player in your replies, I had a lot of fun and hope you did too!))

Last edited by Maskerade; 08-03-2018 at 05:13 PM.
Old 08-03-2018, 05:35 PM   #600
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Quote:
TheKnightsFury:

This is it, your last chance at survival - that is, after all, what this confrontation has boiled down to. The demon machine clearly has no qualms about killing you if it has to; whatever it takes to enjoy the freedom of the outside world again.

It speaks volumes about the creature's power that the only way it could be contained was by putting in place so many safeguards, so many barriers and secrets to prevent it from ever reaching the surface again. Shadow Metang could not be defeated - only restrained. But now that the automaton feels its destiny about to change drastically, it will stop at nothing to attain freedom!

Another black bolt is fired mercilessly, dark electricity shooting forth from the machine's outstretched claws. The current runs along the ground, homing in on you, and you are powerless to defend against it, let alone dodge in your condition.
But just as it seems that death is certain, your view becomes obstructed. In a last desperate attempt, Trieu has jumped between you and Metang, and you can only watch as the vile energy engulfs and consumes her - in her dedication to you, the Drapion has selflessly paid the ultimate price. "Shield me", you ordered summarily, and as your Pokemon, she was forced to comply. How did she feel about that command? Will you ever have a chance to find out?

Trieu collapses in front of your eyes, all remaining strength sapped away. She is not moving - the third casualty since you entered the mountain, and considering Trieu and Blinky's state, you can count yourself lucky not to have five fallen companions. If you ever make it back out, it will take a very long time for any Nurse Joy to restore your Pokemon a healthy state...

You owe it to all of them - especially Honedge, Iron Maiden and Trieu - to put an end to things here and now, to capitalize on the only opening you've had since running into this demon. Your body fails you, it has been failing you since radiation entered it, but you persevere. Slowly, painfully, your hand reaches out to the Snag Ball and your fingers wrap around it. But finding the power to toss it is another matter altogether.

Having had enough of your nine lives, the machine hovers over to you, red eyes staring coldly at the heap of flesh that has proven a much bigger nuisance than its computations could have ever predicted. You feel a cold metal hand wrap around your throat and effortlessly lift you off the ground; the other hand, you realize, is once more enveloped in crackling, electrically-charged shadows. Metang takes a swing...

... and you throw the Ball at point-blank range as quickly as you can, the only distance you could ever cover with the almost non-existent strength left in your body!

A burst of light erupts from the tiny device, taking the shape of five glowing tendrils, and envelops the dark being, who flails about powerlessly for the first time in its life. Metang is pushed inside the Snag Ball, and it clicks shut. The device falls to the ground, as do you; your vision begins to fade, and the last thing you see is the Ball shake once... twice...

You being to open your eyes again, finding you now have to shield them - the sunlight is much too strong. You realize you're lying on the ground, back out in the open, the mine's entrance located behind you and two very concerned-looking Marshalls towering over you.

"This one was left behind!"

"Arceus damn it... did we get here too late?"

"Well, kid's awake... we gotta rush him to the nearest Center!"

"How the hell did he miss the evacuation announcement? Freaking idiot..."

You feel yourself being hoisted up from the ground and placed on a stretcher. There's nothing you can do to oppose them, even if you wanted to, as you are completely drained of strength. The sickly sensation in the pit of your stomach is still there, but as you are transported away from the mine, somehow... you know you're gonna be alright. You do wonder, however, if you could say the same about Blinky: you recall your last sight of him, permanently mutated by the intense radiation into growing a third eye and a sickly orange skin tone...

Instinctively, your hand reaches for your belt. Thank Arceus, they're all there. But when your fingers touch the last metal sphere, a sense of dread flows through you. The last ball contains nothing but unbridled, untamed darkness, the origins of which you never got around to discovering. What will you do with this power - or what will it do to you?...

Congratulations! You've captured a Level 25 Shadow Metang! It knows the moves Shadow Sky, Shadow Panic, Shadow Bolt and Shadow Fire!

----------

((And as such, your Bedlam adventure is now over! I know you'd asked for a short story to have Blinky become a bit more special, but I decided to take you for an extra spin. Thanks for being such a consistent player in your replies, I had a lot of fun and hope you did too!))
Jayson woke up in the Pokemon Centre, his mind was still clouded but he felt better than he had. Looking to his side he saw Valka, his girlfriend was sleeping in a chair beside him, how did she get here?

"You're a fool sometimes, you know that?" Jayson turned to his other side, Sigurd had recovered! "I went and got her as soon as I was strong enough, you've been sleeping for a week." A week?! He knew he was in a bad way, but a week! Valka was probably worried sick.

"What of the others? Is everyone else okay?" Jayson hoped no long term harm had come to his other Pokemon.

"Blinky's mutation seems to be permanent, however he is in good spirits and seems to like his new appearance, strangely enough. Trieu is holding a bit of a grudge and Iron Maiden is a bit concerned but they're both alright now, as is Honedge. As for our new companion, I'm not sure whether it will ever be alright."

Jayson had forgot about the Shadow Metang, the monster that had been locked away. It was now his task to gain the Shadow Pokemon's respect, if only to protect the world from its wrath. "We will call it Moros from now on, hopefully a nickname will start to bring it back to sanity." Jayson pulled the drip out of his arm, he didn't need it anymore. Once Valka woke, Jayson collected his Pokemon and Sigurd teleported them back to the fort, they had a lot of work to do....

(Thanks so much Mask! This is probably my favourite adventure so far, really kept me on my toes and made me think. Hopefully I'll have you as an updater again at some point.)

Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records