UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2012, 07:19 AM   #101
Meetan
Cascade Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
The Labyrinth of Koros
Meetan: After Torchic reports in with what he found at the end of the main hallway, you decide to explore the third and final option before you. A quick glance on approach reveals that the path immediately curls off to the left: to the right end of the opening and straight ahead of it are flush walls. The path leading left, initially parallel with the main hallway you're standing in right now, quickly makes a 90° turn to the right. If you want to see what lies beyond, you'll have to go in and explore.

You think about your options. There are three ways you could go: to the left of the original path through the large rugged opening, to the right of the original path through this portal here, or straight down the original path until it veers off to the right for sights unseen. Then in addition to these options is the separate matter of the orb. You look at it, sitting there motionless on the ground. You consider various factors and ultimately decide that it would be best to leave the ball there, just for now while you explore. It's too heavy, you decide, to carry on this exploration. You'll just have to come back for it once you've reached the end of this mini-adventure. Well, assuming you can find your way back, that is. This is a maze, after all, and you don't have anything with you which could help you to keep track of where you've been or where you're going. All the same, -- "Come on, Torchic!" -- you call to your Pokémon and together the two of you set off at a brisk pace through the opening to the right. You quickly turn left as you pass through, march straight toward the corner, hang a right and ...

Ten feet in front of you is another wall face. To the left is still more wall, but to the right the path continues. You hear the wailing again. It's much more audible than before. You decide to press on around this corner; and so, turning right, you come upon the next short stretch of hallway. This one is a little longer, and you can see at the end of it that there are two ways you could go: to the left or to the right. As you face this direction, the wailing seems to be coming from your left.

What do you do?

Pokémon in the area:
a Combee lazily flying towards the path leading right

FFA Inventory:
x1 parchment
x1 blue orb (left behind on floor of hallway)
Alice went on with her Torchic at her side. She looked down at him, momentarily distracted by thought. Who knew they would ever be a team like this, so comfortable together, relying on each other? A smile cracked on her face, and she was about to speak warmly to him, until a buzzing distracted her.

A Combee was flying ahead at a leisurely pace. Apparently for those who lived in the maze full time, there was no rush to consider. Well, lucky them. Alice was glad it was only a Combee, though, and not a Beedrill or Vespiquen, or even a rather antagonistic Volbeat. These things were cute, at least.

"It's going right... Avoiding that sound. It sounds nasty." She relayed to the bird instead, letting it turn to that direction, watching after it. "But I think we should go left. The nasty surprises so far have led us in the right direction... Not that we'd know what lay the other paths, that is. But I think I'm right. I always am!" The trainer added jokingly, but felt too preoccupied to really make something of it. "What do you think? We're in this together, after all."

((Stats.))
Meetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:39 AM   #102
Talon87
Shenmue III, baby!
 
Talon87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Lafayette, Indiana
Posts: 20,184
Send a message via AIM to Talon87
The Labyrinth of Koros
Meetan: You decide to head in the direction of the crying. As the Combee rounds the corner heading right, you approach the T-junction and round the opposite corner heading left. And the little hallway you're in now ... is identical to the one before, only 90° off. It's a labyrinth in here, that much is for sure, and it makes you wish you had some way to keep track of where you've come from. But no time for that now: the wailing is getting louder, which means you must be getting closer. You twist and turn through the path, sometimes taking this way, other times taking that, sometimes coming upon a dead end and having to turn back around a bit before choosing another way to go. But as the wailing gets louder and louder, you're sure you're on the right path. But the right path to what exactly?

And as you round the final corner, you find out. There in front of you, sitting on the ground, is a large yellow bell with tiny little eyes, hands, and feet. Two cords of red and white rope droop down by its sides touching the ground. This is the source of the mysterious wailing noise. As you turned around the corner, your surprise appearance startled the Chingling into temporary silence; but, his eyes widen in terror on your approach and he just bawls and bawls even more, louder than before. The noise is almost deafening at this distance. The Chingling is visibly distressed. But what? What could be the cause? You look around: there are no signs of any other Pokémon in the area, just this one Chingling.

What do you do?

Pokémon in the area:
a Chingling

FFA Inventory:
x1 parchment
x1 blue orb (left behind on floor of hallway)


The Tale of the Wishmakers:
lilbluecorsola:
latest update here
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:32 AM   #103
Meetan
Cascade Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
The Labyrinth of Koros
Meetan: You decide to head in the direction of the crying. As the Combee rounds the corner heading right, you approach the T-junction and round the opposite corner heading left. And the little hallway you're in now ... is identical to the one before, only 90° off. It's a labyrinth in here, that much is for sure, and it makes you wish you had some way to keep track of where you've come from. But no time for that now: the wailing is getting louder, which means you must be getting closer. You twist and turn through the path, sometimes taking this way, other times taking that, sometimes coming upon a dead end and having to turn back around a bit before choosing another way to go. But as the wailing gets louder and louder, you're sure you're on the right path. But the right path to what exactly?

And as you round the final corner, you find out. There in front of you, sitting on the ground, is a large yellow bell with tiny little eyes, hands, and feet. Two cords of red and white rope droop down by its sides touching the ground. This is the source of the mysterious wailing noise. As you turned around the corner, your surprise appearance startled the Chingling into temporary silence; but, his eyes widen in terror on your approach and he just bawls and bawls even more, louder than before. The noise is almost deafening at this distance. The Chingling is visibly distressed. But what? What could be the cause? You look around: there are no signs of any other Pokémon in the area, just this one Chingling.

What do you do?

Pokémon in the area:
a Chingling

FFA Inventory:
x1 parchment
x1 blue orb (left behind on floor of hallway)
Alice followed the path that she took, regretting immediately. Torchic looked up, noticing that his trainer was grimacing and grumbling, too stubborn to give in and go back despite her annoyance. The Combee could have been going somewhere important, after all. But no, on she went.

When they reached the wailing, the source was a psychic type: a Chingling, resting on the stone floor and looking up at them in fear. The girl smiled, finding him adorable, until he started bawling his eyes and heart and soul and absolutely everything out, judging by the erratic volume. She cringed, backing off and clapping her hands over her ears.

"Stop crying, Chingling! We're not going to hurt you, for god's sake! Tell it, Torchic!" Alice pleaded, looking over the room. She couldn't find the source of the noise. Maybe it was just a crybaby? "Find out what it's crying for!"

((Stats.))
Meetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:32 AM   #104
lilbluecorsola
Snek fam
 
lilbluecorsola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Searching for time
Posts: 4,532
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
The Tale of the Wishmakers:
lilbluecorsola:
You look down at your clothes. Your baggy jacket and jeans stand out like a sore thumb compared with the Arabesque clothing worn by the locals. You consider that perhaps the women are staring only because of your conspicuous dress. If only you could change into something a little more local, then perhaps you might blend in with the crowd and lose the guards. But how? Without any money, purchasing new clothes is out of the question.

That's when you notice the snakecharmer. Men, women, and children are gathered around his basket, watching as his Ekans slowly rises, dancing left and right to the tune of the flute. There's our ticket out of this mess, you realize. You whisper some instructions in Kief's ear, then set him down on the ground; and clearing your throat you try to catch the marketgoers' attention.

“Greetings! We are traveling entertainers! We, uh, have come from a faraway land in search of food and a place to rest. We have heard of your city’s hospitality, and hope you would be so kind as to help us. Please, er, enjoy the show, and any offerings you can hand to my… Um… Friend here.”

That was terrible, you worriedly think to yourself. A few people walking down the street obviously stop to look at the crazed woman in the strange clothes who is shouting something about entertainment and hospitality, but nothing that can rightly be called a crowd has yet to form.

*BARK!*

Lovable Kief comes to your rescue with a bark which draws attention away from you to him. A few people at the vendor across the street turn around to see what all the commotion is about. Two boys running down the street spot Kief and come to a halt in front of you two, their eyes fixed on the adorable raccoon-dog. This is the catalyst you needed. Now to send sparks flying ...

"“All right, Kief. Let's start with Charm to win the audience!" Kief barks in affirmation. He waggles his body looking like a cat ready to pounce, shaking his adorable tail left and right. He barks a few times with a happy grin on his face, his eyes twinkling in the sun. That grin, that waggling, ... you know where this is going. And for his grand finale, Kief rolls over onto his back and waggles on the ground, cocking his head up to look at the children. "*bark*?" The children lose it. Kief is so charming that they can't help but to coo and stare fixedly at his lovable antics. And it's not just the boys: several of the people watching from across the street put down the items they were contemplating purchasing and head towards your performance, the protestations and pleas of scorned vendors falling on deaf ears. A few more people who had been walking down the street towards destinations unknown are drawn in by the commotion. Gradually, a crowd is starting to form.

"Now, Kief! Use Double Team!" Kief rolls off his back and yips a confirmatory yip. And then ...! "Ahhh!" cries the crowd in surprise and delight. Suddenly there are not one but three Kiefs! No wait, four! No wait, five! The shadow copies of Kief begin to frolic around the performance area, running in between the legs of those closest to the front, play-wrestling with each other, and doing other cute things. The real Kief intermingles amongst them, sparing a quick look back at his trainer to see the look on her face. You're definitely pleased with how things are going. "Mommy, look!" you hear a small child say. "Look at all the doggies!" Some of the women from before are now gathered here too, their young children tugging at their gowns. Good, you say. Now to kick things up a notch.

"Kief, try and trick the audience into thinking you’re juggling your Devil Horns between the doubles!" you shout. "Huh?" the audience says in confused consternation. "Try and trick us?" "What's that supposed to mean?" "What's she trying to pull?" In your excitement you don't realize that by shouting this command out loud to Kief you've spoiled the trick itself. Kief looks back at you and barks disapprovingly. Oops, you blush. Quick, Jess, think! Think! What else can we try? you worriedly ask yourself, a trickle of sweat starting to form on your brow. Then it comes to you.

"Alright, never mind that one, Kief! See if you can borrow some fruit from the vendor back there!" You point out one of the vendors across the way, the one selling the exotic fruits. Kief barks an understanding "Got it!" and scampers off towards the man's stall. Kief looks up at the vendor with puppydog eyes. But the vendor merely returns his gaze with a look of solemn contempt of his own. "No money, no fruit," he seems to be saying with his stern stare. You shout over the tops of the crowd gathered round you, still watching the shadow clones frolic and play, "Kief! Show him you really covet just a few, and you promise to return them afterwards." Kief wags his tail and his butt just as before. But what worked on the children seems to have no effect on the fruit vendor. "Git! Git!" He leans over and waves an arm over the tops of his fruits towards Kief, trying to shoo the raccoon-dog away. As he tries to right himself back up, the force topples a few aspear berries. Kief lunges forward and picks one of the pieces of fruit up in his mouth and scampers back over to you. "HEY!" the shop keeper shouts angrily. "Sorry!" you yell back to him. Kief tunnels and dives through the narrow openings in between the legs of the crowd, a crowd whose size has now grown larger than you could've originally hoped for. "Good boy, Kief!" You congratulate him with a warm smile and a tickle of his chin as he drops the fruit at your feet. The shop keeper probably wouldn't want this back anyway now that Kief's toothmarks are indented in the skin of the aspear. In that case ...

"Use your tail to whip the fruit into the air, Kief!" "*bark*!" he yips happily. He picks up the fruit with his mouth, tosses it with a backwards jerk of the head towards his tail, and with a precise and powerful brushing movement he launches it into the sky! "Great! Now aim for the center using Pin Missile!" Kief focuses on the aerial aspear, his jagged fur startling to bristle even more than usual. Suddenly Kief looks more like a porcupine-dog than a raccoon-dog as his body is covered in erect needle-like quills. The aspear reaches the zenith of its trajectory, the sun glints off its yellow body, it silhouettes in the sunlight, and then ...! A barrage of needles fire from Kief's body, hurtling through space towards the berry in the sky! *TCH!TCH!TCH!TCH!* Several needles embed themselves in the fruit before one needle deals the finishing blow and cleaves the aspear in half. The two halves fall back down to the ground with a thud. The audience is impressed, "Ooh!"ing and cheering and clapping. A few coins start to be thrown your way. Things are going great.

"Okay, Kief! Rollout the clones while circling around and then make a U-turn flip back to the center!" Kief tucks his head in between his forepaws and brings both towards his hindlegs, rolling into a ball. The ball digs into the dirt and kicks up a small dustcloud before it veers off. Like a motorized bowling ball on a search-and-destroy mission, Kief takes out one bowling pin shadow clone after another. *POOF! POOF! POOF! POOF!* they go as one after another they turn to white smoke. After Kief has taken out the last of them, with his back turned to you, he leaps up into the sky, performing a backflip as he returns to the center of the performance area. The crowd cheers and claps. A few exuberant men loudly whistle. Some more coins are thrown your way. Good, good! And now, you confidently declare to yourself, for the big finish!

"Kief, it looks like the crowd's enjoying this. But now let’s really impress 'em by showing off your special move: Can't Catch Me! I’m sure that’ll get ‘em going!"

You were doing so well. If this were back home, Kief's special move would've probably gotten a standing ovation out of a crowd this enthused. But you're not back home, and what takes place next will be one of the first of many reminders of this fact. Kief doesn't sense the problem with the command either as he happily barks and scrunches his body together and closes his eyes. Suddenly there is a poof of smoke. The audience holds their breath and you clench your fist, victoriously grinning. This is it. As the smoke clears, what stands before the audience is not a normal-sized raccoon-dog like before. In its place appears to be a gingerbread cookie in the shape of a raccoon-dog about one-fourth the original's size. It looks as though Kief has been replaced by a gingerbread Zigzagoon! The audience gasps. Even had the trick gone no further than this it still might've been enough. But the trick does go further. For the Gingerbread Kief happily barks and starts to run about in circles. A few of the children are speechless. Maybe one or two are smiling, it's impossible to tell. Because any innocent wide-eyed wonder is soon masked by horror as the audience shrieks at what they've just seen take place. "AAAAAAAAAAAAH!" one of the people in the crowd cries. "WITCHCRAFT!" "A WITCH! SHE'S A WITCH!" The crowd forms into a dangerous stampede as men and women hurry away, the women clutching the hands of the children and dragging them off, and leaves you and Kief completely speechless. What ... what just happened?

"There! Over there!" You turn your head to see one of the fleeing crowd members talking to a man in a white turban and holding a large, glinting blade of steel. Ohhhhhhh shoot!, you think. The guards! She points over in your direction, turns back to the guard, then turns back in your direction and points again, pumping her arm so hard it looks like it's about to fall off. Show's over, you realize, as you scoop the Gingerbread Kief up into your arms and prepare to make a run for it. There's no time to grab any of the coins on the ground. You've gotta get out of here and fast. But how? Where?

"Pssssssssst! Over here!"

You see a long arm with spiderlike fingers sticking out from one of the narrow alleyways between two of the shops behind you.

"This way! Hurry!"

There's no time to think. With Gingerbread Kief in your arms, you make a run for the break in the wall. "After her!" "This way!" "She can't have gotten too far!" You hear voices behind you. You turn your head back to look and you see several of the guardsmen running down the street. It looks like somehow none of them managed to see you head for this narrow alley. You turn your head back around to face the owner of that mysterious arm. But there's no one to be seen. You look further down the alley and spot it once more: the long, slender arm beckoning to you from around a corner. "This way!" a voice rasps. "Quickly, now, quickly!" You run down the alley towards the arm. As you do, it slinks out of sight around the corner. You reach the corner, round it, and ...

"Hello."
"AAAH!"

The old woman startles you. Her dark bronze skin has been weathered by many years of abuse under the harsh desert sun; it is covered with numerous liver spots and tinier black freckles. She has two large warts, one on her long nose, the other on her right cheek. Her grin is toothless save for a few rogue incisors and other teeth here or there. And her eyes ... one is jet black, as dark as coal, so black you can hardly make out where the iris ends and the pupil begins ... the other is the tell-tale milky blue of one who's gone blind in that eye. You know you shouldn't judge a book by its cover but still!

"Iiiiii'm sorry to have startled you, dearie" she smiles, her cheeks crinkling. "That was some trick," she says, pointing her walking stick at Kief. "Veeeeery impressive." After how the crowd reacted just now, you're not sure what to make of this old woman's compliments. She continues. "I've seen many trainers in my day, but none that can turn their friends into little cookies!" The Gingerbread Kief crawls up onto your shoulder with a start and peeks out from behind your neck at the toothless old woman, shivering. Her dark eye sizes you up while her milky blue one seems to point straight at Kief. "You're ... not from around here, are you?" You gulp. Who is this old woman? And how does she know you and Kief aren't from around here? Something tells you it's more than just the clothes. You jump with a start as the old woman leans forward and traces a long, slender finger down your spine. "Mmhmm," she says, her eyes dancing all over you. "Yeeees. Yeeeeees, you'll do quite nicely," she starts to nod approvingly, a serious but content look on her face. "Dearie," she asks you, "... how would you like to go home?"

How do you answer the old woman? What do you do?

Pokémon in the area:
a Rattata rummaging through trash in the distance

FFA Inventory:
none
Things were going well at first. The audience was eating up Kief’s antics, his double display. Jessica smiled, beginning to feel more at ease. A bit confident, even. That was her downfall.

She spoke her next words, not in a whisper, but a hoarse shout. More like a squeak or a squawk. Loud enough to be heard anyway. Those nearest to her looked aghast, and the news spread like wildfire through the crowd. She could heat rising to her own cheeks as she scrambled to extinguish the flame, feeling her throat stifle further under the pressure of self-imagined smoke. Things only went downhill from there though.

Kief continued the command to solicit the fruitstand, but when Jessica saw the seller would have none of it, she quickly attempted to abort the mission. She couldn’t weave her way through the throng though, not like Kief could slip easily between their legs. She called out, but it was too late. Kief had managed to snatch one of the pieces of produce and was proudly heading back with his prize. Jessica shouted an apology at the livid merchant, promising to pay him back. She gulped upon receiving an unrelenting gaze. They absolutely had to make some money now.

Luckily, their next few stunts went off perfectly without a hitch. The watchers were going wild, even tossing some coins their way. Jessica began to breathe easy again. With this, they could surely settle all their debts, and purchase enough local fare to fit in until they found a passage home. Maybe even a souvenir. A smile stretched her lips as she slowly gave in to greed. At this point, finishing with a big flourish should inflate the audience’s impression, and hopefully deflate their pockets…

In retrospect, she really should’ve had less faith in herself.

The reverse reaction to Kief, once licking crumbs and now composed completely of them, was immediate. Men shouted and stumbled back. Women shrieked and shielded their children, ushering away. Some even fainted. Many of them pointed and convicted her with the very word she had used to describe them… “Witch. Witch. Witch.”

Jessica stood frozen, not comprehending. She was the witch? How? Why? She was only trying to make them smile, and instead… She bit her lip, holding back tears as she hung her head, shaking uncontrollably. She wasn’t thinking of others, no. She was only thinking of herself. Stupid, stupid, STUPID! How could she have been such an idiot, so self-centered?! Each scolding was punctuated by a punishing punch to her leg, an old standby action she took whenever she was extremely angry, especially at herself. She even purposefully twisted her ankle until it popped, digging, dragging the side of the heel in the sand and kicking up clouds. Another physical outlet. Her raccoon startled as dust rained down him, having never seen his trainer act this way. Indeed, it had been years since she had resorted to such self-torture. Her arms gripped each other tightly, trying to prevent inflicting more pain to her thigh. Still, she would’ve nearly squeezed the skin above her elbows raw if not for the oppressive fabric suffocating her body.

A memory surfaced, then another, followed by a flood. The dam in her heart ruptured and water flowed freely from her eyes. Scenes she had tried hard to forget. Suppress. This wasn’t the first time the pair had humiliated themselves in public before. No, it wasn’t his fault. He was just following her orders. Only trying to help. At that time, her folly had simply led to embarrassment… But as time went on, it had cost her more and more and more. This was not the first time she had failed her friends, no. Failed to save others. Flashes of scenes, fluttering wings, screams, the smell of chemicals and burning flesh… Then there was blood on glass and steel and ice, and… Oh God. She was going to die here in this desert, wasn’t she? Alone and with no way to contact home. …Not that it would even matter.

She didn’t care if anyone saw her now, a crying, sobbing, self-loathing mess. No one was there to see her anyway. They had left her alone, just like the others. Stay away from the witch. That’s right. She wasn’t a hero, so therefore she must be a villain.

A bark stirred her to sanity, or at least some semblance of it. The guards were approaching, waving their wands of metal in the air. It took her a moment to register, to recognize the small sweet running around her feet, tugging desperately at her shoelaces to get her to move. The name framed in her mind. Kief. Kief! That’s right, she wasn’t alone. She had to get him out of here, at least. She cursed herself again for getting so wrapped up in herself. No, there’s no time for that, you fool! Act, don’t think. Just go. Go! She grabbed the gingerbread raccoon and made a break for it, even though she felt like she was breaking inside.

Where to go? Where to run? Nowhere, there’s no place you can escape. You know that. So why bother?

A long and slender finger summoned from the side, where shadows crept. There was no choice. Jessica moved towards it, as if tethered to the tip by an invisible thread. Following the spider’s leg. She slipped into the void and was never seen. The voices of the guards as they ran by were but distant now, as she searched for the source of the safety line. She spotted it a short distance away, beckoning from around the corner. She followed suit, and…

She screamed.

The spinner turned out to be a spinster. No, more than that. Jessica could feel more memories and the conditioned fear associated with them rising. Like water. She was drowning in it. She couldn’t breathe. Sinking, into despair. Then there was a bolt, of lightning, and the one who had tried to help her was dead, dead. Simply because she was too stupid to save herself on her own.

All of Jessica’s remaining reason crumbled. No, this couldn’t be happening. This was a true nightmare. It was the only explanation. Not only was she called a witch, but now she ran straight into one – or at least an old woman who looked more suited to such a storybook role than anything in the world. From the warts on her face to her mismatched eyes, one so dark that it could swallow the sun (or her soul), while the other lacked both color and light. Deep down, Jessica knew she shouldn’t judge by appearance alone. She tried to remember Greta, a pair of worn but gentle palms, working the field beside her own, picking plants in peace… But all she could see was Slowbro’s face, staring up at her in solid terror, mouth open as if to silently ask, “Why didn’t you save me?” And somewhere in the distance, a sinister cackle rang relentlessly in her ears…

The woman before her was speaking, but Jess could hardly hear the words over the echo of insane laughter and pounding of her heart. All she knew at this moment was that she had to get away. Her eyes roved for an escape. In the distance, they dimly registered a Rattata rooting through the garbage. Yes, that was what she felt like. A mouse caught in a trap. Pest. Vermin. Shunned by all. What an easy life it must be. Never keeping up appearances, only acting in self-preservation. She was the same right now. Doing what it takes to survive. Whatever it takes. She will survive. To hell with all the others.

For the second time today, the weak-willed girl considered giving up her guise (let alone her goal) of giving a damn and just going completely crazy. Hell, she was crazy. Spinning around, she suddenly began counting stones in the wall, as if hoping one of them would show a secret switch. Or maybe just to take her mind off the madness. Because that’s surely what she was experiencing right now. The laughter, she now realized, was coming from within her.

Jess felt a finger touch her back, sliding down the spine. She shivered and somehow managed to suppress a scream. Turning, slowly, she came face to face with her appraiser. Like a cow up for slaughter. Still, she only saw the parting of lips. As if remembering her own, she licked them. They were dry. There was something important here, something she was missing. She focused beyond her will, following the movement, but not the message. There was only one word that caught her concentration: “Home.”

“Home.” She repeated it absently. That’s right. Home. That was where she wanted to go. “But not that place,” she added in barely a whisper, her eyes blank but blinking mechanically. “My real home.” Her mumbling was incoherent to even herself. It was simply a mantra, another (supposedly) outgrown reflex – this time from early childhood. Completely devoid of meaning, but a comfort nonetheless.

Then it hit her. A moment of clarity – though one might say for all the wrong reasons. What did the woman mean by it, really? Maybe “home” was actually referring to the woman’s own abode. Just like that evil witch invited Jess to her house for “tea”… Only to trap her in a twisted maze. And not just her, but her Pokémon as well. Ah, that’s right. Her Pokémon…

In her haze, Jess had nearly forgotten Kief’s existence again, but now she became vaguely aware of the crumbs tickling her ear, shivering under the crone’s gaze. It was the same hungry look the witch gave Alice… Or at least akin to it in Jessica’s half-manic mind. An ugly old woman extending an invitation to two lost youths, one of whom was a gingerbread cookie… Oh God, the cruel irony was too perfect. Clever. Oh so clever. She chuckled softly to herself, the amusement becoming almost too much to bear. Then, just as abruptly, she fell still, and one could swear she even had a sickly smile on her face. Kief stared tensely between her and the woman, unsure who to be afraid of more at the moment.

At any other time, Jessica might’ve spared a moment of kindness to listen to the woman’s request in full, given her at least the benefit of the doubt. (Or rather, her inability to refuse would’ve forced her to stay.) But this was the last straw. She had dispensed with civility (and perhaps sanity) at this point. All pretense of politeness was thrown out the window. Besides, she had no more strength to spare for platitudes. Right now her brain was so frantic, panicked, she couldn’t come up with a single sentence to say that would make sense, nor did she care to. She needed as much breath in her lungs for her next move anyway. Any time spent chitchatting would only delay, distract. Draw her in deeper to the witch’s web. The old bat would like that, wouldn’t she? To watch her prey squirm, to dance to her delight? But no, Jessica wasn’t taking any chances, wouldn’t fall for the same trick twice. Not on her life, sister.

That, coupled with the fact that she simply couldn’t and didn’t want to deal with this dumb, this damn dream anymore, rendered her silent. Except for one word.

“NO!”

She shrieked, trying to shove the woman aside and make a run for it. It didn’t matter where. Anywhere. Just… Away from… From all this. She couldn’t take it. No more. Please please please just make it stop let me wake up I’m sorry I’m sorry I’m sorry please just make it stop.
__________________




Time goes on
The clock hands stopped
The same way, repeatedly


Mekakucity Actors Discussion Thread
lilbluecorsola is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 06:44 PM   #105
Talon87
Shenmue III, baby!
 
Talon87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Lafayette, Indiana
Posts: 20,184
Send a message via AIM to Talon87
The Labyrinth of Koros
Meetan: You cover your ears to try and shield them from the insult of the loud crying. Torchic doesn't enjoy the same luxury as you do; unable to shield his little chick earholes, he can only wince in pain as the Chingling sobs and sobs. Its cries are fascinating, like a newborn baby mixed with the beautiful ringing of a small brass bell. Ching-a-ling-a-ling! Ching-a-ling-a-ling! You try to identify what is making the little one cry but you don't see anything. So you turn to Torchic. "Find out what it's crying for!"

Torchic attempts to talk to the little bell. At first Chingling is inconsolable, bawling ceaselessly, but as Torchic continues to flutter his tiny wings about and try to communicate, the Chingling quiets down for a few seconds. Sniffing back tears, it says a few short words to Torchic. Your fiery friend seems to understand. He turns to face you and starts to try to convey to you what has happened. He points from Chingling to the sky above you, then back to Chingling, then towards one of the walls, then the sky again, then Chingling again ...

What do you make of his pantomime? What could possibly be going on here?

Pokémon in the area:
a Chingling

FFA Inventory:
x1 parchment
x1 blue orb (left behind on floor of hallway)


The Tale of the Wishmakers:
lilbluecorsola:
with your permission here, skipping your update this time while I try to think of something appropriate
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:17 PM   #106
Meetan
Cascade Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
The Labyrinth of Koros
Meetan: You cover your ears to try and shield them from the insult of the loud crying. Torchic doesn't enjoy the same luxury as you do; unable to shield his little chick earholes, he can only wince in pain as the Chingling sobs and sobs. Its cries are fascinating, like a newborn baby mixed with the beautiful ringing of a small brass bell. Ching-a-ling-a-ling! Ching-a-ling-a-ling! You try to identify what is making the little one cry but you don't see anything. So you turn to Torchic. "Find out what it's crying for!"

Torchic attempts to talk to the little bell. At first Chingling is inconsolable, bawling ceaselessly, but as Torchic continues to flutter his tiny wings about and try to communicate, the Chingling quiets down for a few seconds. Sniffing back tears, it says a few short words to Torchic. Your fiery friend seems to understand. He turns to face you and starts to try to convey to you what has happened. He points from Chingling to the sky above you, then back to Chingling, then towards one of the walls, then the sky again, then Chingling again ...

What do you make of his pantomime? What could possibly be going on here?

Pokémon in the area:
a Chingling

FFA Inventory:
x1 parchment
x1 blue orb (left behind on floor of hallway)
Alice was relieved when Chingling stopped crying, letting her aching arms flop down. She apologised to Torchic for practically shouting at him, and not defending his poor hearing first, before looking to the baby psychic. "Did you fall down from somewhere? The sky, or off the wall?" She asked. The girl stood, about to go and examine the wall, but then stopped and crouched down, opening her arms.

"I've got a better idea, little one. I'm not the best at Pokemon speak, to be honest. I'm a bit blonde." She explained with a small laugh, hoping that her friendliness and silly humour might cheer him up a bit. "How about you and Torchic try to show me what happened? Lead me in the right direction. I'm Alice, by the way. It's very nice to meet you." She offered a hand for it to maybe sniff, or shake with one of its red and white whips, or however it decided to return the gesture - if it even wanted to. "Please don't cry anymore, okay?"

((Stats.))
Meetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:39 PM   #107
Emi
ACHILLESSSSS
 
Emi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Agartha
Posts: 11,163
Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhhhhh View Post
It took Connor a long while navigating through the city, but he finally found the Marriott Hotel. "Wow, and it didn't even take us a whole week to find a hotel this time! What luck!" he said excitedly to Gaspard. The Aipom squeaked in joy as a reply to what Connor previously said and they both settled down as they entered the hotel. Inside they were greeted by a middle-aged man and they were greeted by him with a smile. "Excuse me sir," he said while adapting a formal tone, "Is there a room available tonight? We'd like to check in, if we may," the young photographer asked the attendant. "Well, I am sorry to say, but we are completely booked up for the night."

Connor and Gaspard's jaw dropped. Looks like they're not getting their rest just yet. "Wh-what? Man, and just when I thought I was getting lucky too..." he groaned. "Anyway mister, what could people want to do with Palermo? I've heard the strange rumors around here, wouldn't those rumors turn them off here? he asked the attendant. Connor thought that with all these weird stuff happening in Palermo, people would want to stay away from the place if they valued their own lives. "You know, that is precisely what I said myself. A lot of the folks here came for that stuff, you know, the UFO's and aliens and all the rubbish. Personally, I don't believe it the works of aliens. I do, however, believe in the Sharks and the criminal deeds they are doing, and also in the weird abductions that have been occurring. I would love to get you a room, but sadly, every room here is booked." Connor facepalmed. Of course, he completely forgot the adventurous kind of people. With rumors like these, they'd flock around just to see and even experience it. "Sigh... figures. Completely forgot about those people... but wait, those rumors too? Looks like that homeless guy I talked to back there wasn't making this up..." he said as he paused and think for a bit, "Well, is there any other hotels in town I could stay at?" Connor asked the attendant. "Well, that is the thing son. This is the only one in the modern town. There are others, but they are all in neighborhoods that the Sharks have control over." Connor groaned. Of course they are in the area where the Shark gang is. "You can try and get a room there, but, let me warn you, you might not come out unharmed. I think that I might be able to let you sleep in the lobby. It would be much worse if I were to force you into the streets at night. If you decide to leave, I can write down some directions on how to get to the nearest hotel from here. It is quite a walk, but, it is not too bad for Shark hotels." the attendant continued. Connor thought of his choices: will he take up on the attendant's offer and sleep on the lobby until morning? Or will he venture out into the Shark Zone, just to get to a hotel? There was also that homeless man from before... but he questioned himself as to why he was even contemplating that thought. "Well, what do we do Gaspard?" he asked his Aipom. The purple monkey just shrugged at him, not caring where they sleep. He just wants to sleep, that's all.

Connor wasn't going to take any chances. He wasn't really the type to complain as to where he slept since he has already slept outdoors on multiple occasions. This was no different, he could just use his sleeping bag after all. "I think I'll take you up on that offer to stay in the lobby. I have no idea how bad the situation is here, and I wouldn't want to risk my life finding out for myself. Plus, many people are staying in this hotel right? And they seem to be interested in what's going on in this city... Since they're most likely going to come back here in this lobby to check-in again, it'll be a perfect opportunity for me to gather intel about this situation and see if they know more about this," he said to attendant and to an extent it was true. He had come in to this city not too long ago, and just wandering around Palermo without any sort of info as to what was going on was just plain suicide, "Oh, if there's going to be a vacancy though in the morning, is it possible that you could reserve that room for me immediately? I'd appreciate it," he added as Connor prepared his sleeping bag as he waited for people to come back in the hotel. He had to know what was going on first as these rumors are too crazy.
Sorry about dissapearing like this. I will get right back into the swing of things.

Gaspard looked at you with a wanting hint in his eyes, no matter where it was, he wanted to get some sleep. You look around and find that there is a rather comfortable looking couch near the front doors. You move over there and take out the sleeping bag that you had packed, and lay it on the couch. Nightfall was rapidly approaching, and you slide into the sleeping bag and find a comfortable position on the couch. Gaspard hops in with you, and you both go to sleep rather easily.

You were dreaming about an adventure that had already passed, when, all of a sudden, the dream fuzzed in and out three times. It was odd, it was more like when a television signal goes in and out. You wake up suddenly, like someone had poured a bucket of cold water on you. Gaspard had not woken up yet, and you did not want to wake him up. You just looked out the window, out onto the barren streets. The lights were still on, and the street was illuminated with a harsh glow. All of a sudden, you see two people run past the hotel window, cackling to themselves like a bunch of wild hyenas that just got a kill. They ran back in front of the widow and crossed the street, moving to a storefront. They bashed out the windows, and ran off. 'Must just be a couple of pranksters that were trying to cash in on all the humbug around here.' you think to yourself. A lingering question on whether or not it was a couple of sharks, but, you dismiss it. 'Just a couple of kids.'

Next thing you know, the lights on the street begin to fade in and out, three times, before just going pitch black. All the lights. You check your cell phone and find that the battery is completely dead. This time, it has gotten a little serious. You shake Gaspard awake, and he obliges sleeply, but then blinks to full awareness. He looks around, but, can't see anything. You ask Aipom to light up the lobby with a Fire Punch. He obliges, and takes his TAIL-ARM and sets is ablaze in a fantastic display of pyroabilities. You can't see very far though, and move closer to the lobby windows. You can see somewhat into the street, but not with much detail or sharpness. You see nothing for a moment, and consider going back to the couch and back to sleep.

Suddenly, some sort of arm smashes into the window. Something in front of the window moves forward, not even noticing you at all. You see that it has two arms, or, more rather, something that looks like tentacles with flat ends. They did not look like they had much substance, but, every time its flailing arms hit the window, it left a fist sized break in the window. The arms kind of looked like they were made of something close to wool possibly. You had never seen anything like it in your entire life, and it moved like it was on some sort of frictionless liquid, completely fluid. All the while it moved by the window, it made some sort of warbling noise that sounds like, "Wenewanayosnfkwelaogwnewewewoneanaskrla....." 'It kinda of sounds like when they do the tests of the systems on TV....'you think to yourself, but, you still can't figure out what the thing was or what it was here for. You waited to move until it out of the sight of the windows and had moved down the street, and you and Gaspard quietly slinked back into bad. You doubted that you were going to get any sleep with had happened, but, actually, you fell to sleep quite quickly and easily.

The morning was a new day, and the hotel patrons flocked out of the hotel in a sort of frenzied hurry. You saw the hotel attendant at the desk again, and walked back up to him. You ask if there is any rooms that opened up. "Well, it seems that are. In fact, over half the guests checked out. It seems that some sort of communications blackout has happened. The power came back about an hour ago, but, the phones and internet is down. I can reserve you a room if you want." You reply in the affirmative, and ask if there is any tourist hotspots in the area. He looks at you for a minute and sees that you have a camera over your shoulder. "Well, there is a Museum of Photography in the area. I think you might enjoy it." You face lights up at the prospect of the museum.

You have two choices: You can leave for the museum right away, or, you go up to your room and prepare before you leave.
Emi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:17 PM   #108
Son_of_Shadows
Ducks gonna duck
 
Son_of_Shadows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,795
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
Words cannot describe just how weirded out Keith was right now. Before he could even register the fact that this man had disguised himself as a bench, said man introduced himself as an agent of the International Police- none other than Looker! Keith recognized the name immediately; Looker was the one who had a hand in taking down Team Galactic in Sinnoh. Already he was feeling better about his situation. Indeed, as Looker had said, he had too many questions to count, but as the sound of footsteps approached, Keith decided to cut his response down to the essentials. "Yes, I'll help," he whispered. "But they stole my Pokemon, so we gotta find those, too. I won't leave without them. Someone's coming," he added, casting a nervous glance at the cell door.
Prison Cell
Missingno. Master


Seeing that Looker may well be your only chance to escape this facility, you whisper your complicity in his plan quickly, fearing the worst from the approaching footsteps... But as quickly as they came, they leave. It seems there's just a guard on patrol outside this room. But all of a sudden, a familiar chill comes into the air, and a small dark spirit floats through the wall. Myrtle! "Id-i-ot Meat Sack, get-ting yourself cap-tured like that... " Looker is surprised.

"I thought they took your Pokémon? One must have escaped. I'm sure she'll be invaluable though," he whispers back to you, still not entirely sure that someone won't come along. You nod in agreement, and Looker pulls a lockpick from his pocket. A minute later, the cell door swings open. "We must hurry. Once they see this cell is open, all hell will break loose. Until then, we should keep a low profile." Now that you're out of the cell, you can examine your surroundings a bit more. There are three other cells in the room, all of them are identical to yours and seemingly empty. Apart from that, there is a desk and chair, presumably for a guard to sit at, and a hook on the wall, which has nothing on it. Looker presses his ear to the door into the outside hallway. He doesn't seem to hear anything, but you can never be too sure. And what if there's something useful in this room?

What will you do?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept View Post
Why are you always a pretty princess?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son_of_Shadows View Post
Because I look damn good in a dress.
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
Son_of_Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:31 PM   #109
Missingno. Master
Poison-type Trainer
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 3,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son_of_Shadows View Post
Prison Cell
Missingno. Master


Seeing that Looker may well be your only chance to escape this facility, you whisper your complicity in his plan quickly, fearing the worst from the approaching footsteps... But as quickly as they came, they leave. It seems there's just a guard on patrol outside this room. But all of a sudden, a familiar chill comes into the air, and a small dark spirit floats through the wall. Myrtle! "Id-i-ot Meat Sack, get-ting yourself cap-tured like that... " Looker is surprised.

"I thought they took your Pokémon? One must have escaped. I'm sure she'll be invaluable though," he whispers back to you, still not entirely sure that someone won't come along. You nod in agreement, and Looker pulls a lockpick from his pocket. A minute later, the cell door swings open. "We must hurry. Once they see this cell is open, all hell will break loose. Until then, we should keep a low profile." Now that you're out of the cell, you can examine your surroundings a bit more. There are three other cells in the room, all of them are identical to yours and seemingly empty. Apart from that, there is a desk and chair, presumably for a guard to sit at, and a hook on the wall, which has nothing on it. Looker presses his ear to the door into the outside hallway. He doesn't seem to hear anything, but you can never be too sure. And what if there's something useful in this room?

What will you do?
"Myrtle!" Keith whispered in surprise as his Shuppet phased into the room. He was so relieved that she was all right that he didn't even react to her remark on how he got himself captured. Looker then picked the cell door's lock, allowing them to escape. As they filed out into the adjoining room, Keith looked around warily, wondering if there was anything in there that could be of use to them. "Myrtle, help me look," he muttered to his Shuppet.

"What would we be look-ing for, Meat Sack?" Myrtle replied.

"I don't know, anything that might help us get out of here. Most of all, of course, my bag, it's got the rest of my Pokémon, plus your Poké Ball," said Keith. "By the way, Myrtle, what exactly happened?"

"What do you mean, what hap-pened?" asked Myrtle.

"I mean when I got myself captured, what happened to you? Did you see anything happen?" Keith asked as he went over towards the desk, intent on checking it for anything useful.
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 03:06 PM   #110
Son_of_Shadows
Ducks gonna duck
 
Son_of_Shadows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,795
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
"Myrtle!" Keith whispered in surprise as his Shuppet phased into the room. He was so relieved that she was all right that he didn't even react to her remark on how he got himself captured. Looker then picked the cell door's lock, allowing them to escape. As they filed out into the adjoining room, Keith looked around warily, wondering if there was anything in there that could be of use to them. "Myrtle, help me look," he muttered to his Shuppet.

"What would we be look-ing for, Meat Sack?" Myrtle replied.

"I don't know, anything that might help us get out of here. Most of all, of course, my bag, it's got the rest of my Pokémon, plus your Poké Ball," said Keith. "By the way, Myrtle, what exactly happened?"

"What do you mean, what hap-pened?" asked Myrtle.

"I mean when I got myself captured, what happened to you? Did you see anything happen?" Keith asked as he went over towards the desk, intent on checking it for anything useful.


Cell Room
Missingno. Master


Desperate to find anything remotely useful to your adventure in the facility, you and Myrtle split up to explore the room with all the cells. Meanwhile, Looker continues listening, waiting for you to get yourself ready, and acting as a... lookout. Appropriately enough. Anyway, you start going through the desk drawers, and come across nothing but a set of keys. You have no idea what they might be for, but you swipe them anyway. At best, you have the keys to the facility, and at worst, some grunt isn't getting home tonight. Myrtle chooses to examine the cells, and seems to find something in one of the buckets of water. She calls you over, and you fish around in said bucket to find a very wet pair of handcuffs. It appears they were used on a previous guest here. They might well come in handy if you can think of a creative use for them... Apart from that, there is nothing of note in the room. However, Looker whispers over to you, saying that he hears voices from right outside the door! What will you do?

Inventory:
Set of keys
Handcuffs

OOC: I debated for a long time whether I would punish you for searching and sound an alarm, or not. I decided to stay reasonably nice for now. Enjoy it while it lasts.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept View Post
Why are you always a pretty princess?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son_of_Shadows View Post
Because I look damn good in a dress.
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
Son_of_Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 04:41 PM   #111
Missingno. Master
Poison-type Trainer
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 3,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son_of_Shadows View Post
Cell Room
Missingno. Master[/COLOR]

Desperate to find anything remotely useful to your adventure in the facility, you and Myrtle split up to explore the room with all the cells. Meanwhile, Looker continues listening, waiting for you to get yourself ready, and acting as a... lookout. Appropriately enough. Anyway, you start going through the desk drawers, and come across nothing but a set of keys. You have no idea what they might be for, but you swipe them anyway. At best, you have the keys to the facility, and at worst, some grunt isn't getting home tonight. Myrtle chooses to examine the cells, and seems to find something in one of the buckets of water. She calls you over, and you fish around in said bucket to find a very wet pair of handcuffs. It appears they were used on a previous guest here. They might well come in handy if you can think of a creative use for them... Apart from that, there is nothing of note in the room. However, Looker whispers over to you, saying that he hears voices from right outside the door! What will you do?

Inventory:
Set of keys
Handcuffs

OOC: I debated for a long time whether I would punish you for searching and sound an alarm, or not. I decided to stay reasonably nice for now. Enjoy it while it lasts.
Keith stiffened as Looker reported hearing voices right outside. This was most likely not good. Or was it? On the one hand, it could be his captors. On the other hand, it might be more people like Looker, coming to the rescue. Myrtle gave her trainer a look as she sensed his somewhat out-of-place spike of optimism. Keith hid behind the desk, motioning for Myrtle to follow. Myrtle floated over, phased through the desk, and hovered in midair behind the desk, next to her trainer.

"Do I have to hide di-rect-ly next to you?" she grumbled quietly.

"Myrtle, I'm kinda scared here," Keith whispered back. "One, I'd feel a little more comfortable with you nearby, and two, I get the feeling you find my fear to be delectable."

Myrtle glared at Keith, but said nothing, which meant she couldn't think of any way to argue with him, which tended to mean he was right. Shuppet, after all, fed on negative emotion, and Myrtle really was enjoying the fear her trainer was giving off. She also kinda felt flattered at the notion that her trainer actually felt safer near her. But she wasn't gonna say anything, not to him, she wasn't going to make him think she was going soft. "What is the plan?" she asked.

"Here's what we do," Keith whispered back as he peeked out from behind the desk and motioned for Looker to hide. "We wait until they come in, see who we're dealing with. If they're bad guys, that's where you come in. Blind 'em with Flash, and I'll throw them into the cell they had me in. If I can't handle them, you help out by using Psychic."

"And what if they are bran-dish-ing Po-ke Balls or some form of wea-pon-ry?" asked Myrtle.

"In that case, hit them with Knock Off," Keith replied swiftly.

"And how do you pro-pose we keep them in the cell?" Myrtle snapped. In response, Keith held up the set of keys he had found earlier.

"With any luck, one of these'll fit the cell's lock. If not, they're likely to have the proper keys on their person, so we'll grab the keys from them and lock them in. Then we can interrogate them."

"Your plan does not in-still me with con-fi-dence," Myrtle snapped.

"My plan is very much reliant on your abilities," Keith replied coolly. "Are you saying you don't have any confidence in your abilities?"

Again, Myrtle settled for glaring at her trainer in silence. Keith betrayed a satisfied smirk, feeling very confident in his plan if Myrtle wasn't able to find anything more to criticize about it.


OOC: Got it. Also, I know what I said at the beginning about Myrtle just knowing Knock Off, but she has learned Psychic and Flash since then, so I'm gonna act like she's known those moves the whole time.
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 09-03-2012 at 10:48 PM.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 12:16 PM   #112
Fireray
Pokemon Trainer
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 53
Come Cyndaquil lets go inside that forest the is also a swamp in there....I think."Fireray siad while looking distracted on the map that they bought at the shops. Do you think this is the right forest."asked Fireray his Partner. All Cyndaquil did was nod, not caring if this was the right forest or the wrong one. Lets hope theres a swamp or our water friend will not be happy as they both ventured inside the forest
__________________
PASBL-FB
Fireray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:39 PM   #113
Talon87
Shenmue III, baby!
 
Talon87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Lafayette, Indiana
Posts: 20,184
Send a message via AIM to Talon87
The Labyrinth of Koros
Meetan: After apologizing to Torchic, you turn to the little brass bell Pokémon and try to ask him some questions directly. "Did you fall down from somewhere? The sky, or off the wall?" The Chingling gazes up at you, his mouth quivering, lips undulating like he's about to burst into tears again at any minute. You crouch down and open your arms. "I've got a better idea, little one," you say. "I'm not the best at Pokemon speak, to be honest. I'm a bit blonde. How about you and Torchic try to show me what happened? Lead me in the right direction. I'm Alice, by the way. It's very nice to meet you." And so saying, you offer Chingling your hand. Maybe it will shake it? Or sniff it?, you think to yourself. "Please don't cry anymore," you beg it. "Okay?"

Chingling wails. The noise is so deafening you ...

Pokémon in the area:
a Chingling

FFA Inventory:
x1 parchment
x1 blue orb (left behind on floor of hallway)


The Tale of the Wishmakers:
lilbluecorsola:
with your permission (twice now!), skipping your update this time while I try to think of something appropriate. But since it's been over four weeks now, I will probably just kick myself in the butt to quit being OCD with your next update and to just roll with it.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 05:47 PM   #114
Meetan
Cascade Badge
 
Meetan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England
Posts: 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
The Labyrinth of Koros
Meetan: After apologizing to Torchic, you turn to the little brass bell Pokémon and try to ask him some questions directly. "Did you fall down from somewhere? The sky, or off the wall?" The Chingling gazes up at you, his mouth quivering, lips undulating like he's about to burst into tears again at any minute. You crouch down and open your arms. "I've got a better idea, little one," you say. "I'm not the best at Pokemon speak, to be honest. I'm a bit blonde. How about you and Torchic try to show me what happened? Lead me in the right direction. I'm Alice, by the way. It's very nice to meet you." And so saying, you offer Chingling your hand. Maybe it will shake it? Or sniff it?, you think to yourself. "Please don't cry anymore," you beg it. "Okay?"

Chingling wails. The noise is so deafening you ...

Pokémon in the area:
a Chingling

FFA Inventory:
x1 parchment
x1 blue orb (left behind on floor of hallway)
Chingling started wailing. This wasn't what Alice had been going for. She recoiled awkwardly, shuffling her bum along the stone ground with her hands over her ears. Eyes shifting to poor Torchic, who had backed off into the archway to try and spare himself, she tried to recall his charades: one of the walls, and the sky. It looked like it was time for some interpreting, whether she was good at it or not.

Still holding her hands over her ears, and actually feeling pain from what could have even been a screech attack at these decibels, Alice clambered to her feet and went to the wall that the fire-type had pointed at. Looking above her again, she could only see twilight colours, not even sure of where the Sun was under the hanging mist and the clouds overhead. "Is there something up there? Did Chingling come from there?" She wondered, this time examining the wall itself, even getting onto her toes to try and even glance the top. What had this baby in such a tizzy?

((Stats.))
Meetan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:44 PM   #115
Son_of_Shadows
Ducks gonna duck
 
Son_of_Shadows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,795
Oh yeah, this is a thing. And no objection to the extra moves. Just gives me reason to increase the difficulty ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
Keith stiffened as Looker reported hearing voices right outside. This was most likely not good. Or was it? On the one hand, it could be his captors. On the other hand, it might be more people like Looker, coming to the rescue. Myrtle gave her trainer a look as she sensed his somewhat out-of-place spike of optimism. Keith hid behind the desk, motioning for Myrtle to follow. Myrtle floated over, phased through the desk, and hovered in midair behind the desk, next to her trainer.

"Do I have to hide di-rect-ly next to you?" she grumbled quietly.

"Myrtle, I'm kinda scared here," Keith whispered back. "One, I'd feel a little more comfortable with you nearby, and two, I get the feeling you find my fear to be delectable."

Myrtle glared at Keith, but said nothing, which meant she couldn't think of any way to argue with him, which tended to mean he was right. Shuppet, after all, fed on negative emotion, and Myrtle really was enjoying the fear her trainer was giving off. She also kinda felt flattered at the notion that her trainer actually felt safer near her. But she wasn't gonna say anything, not to him, she wasn't going to make him think she was going soft. "What is the plan?" she asked.

"Here's what we do," Keith whispered back as he peeked out from behind the desk and motioned for Looker to hide. "We wait until they come in, see who we're dealing with. If they're bad guys, that's where you come in. Blind 'em with Flash, and I'll throw them into the cell they had me in. If I can't handle them, you help out by using Psychic."

"And what if they are bran-dish-ing Po-ke Balls or some form of wea-pon-ry?" asked Myrtle.

"In that case, hit them with Knock Off," Keith replied swiftly.

"And how do you pro-pose we keep them in the cell?" Myrtle snapped. In response, Keith held up the set of keys he had found earlier.

"With any luck, one of these'll fit the cell's lock. If not, they're likely to have the proper keys on their person, so we'll grab the keys from them and lock them in. Then we can interrogate them."

"Your plan does not in-still me with con-fi-dence," Myrtle snapped.

"My plan is very much reliant on your abilities," Keith replied coolly. "Are you saying you don't have any confidence in your abilities?"

Again, Myrtle settled for glaring at her trainer in silence. Keith betrayed a satisfied smirk, feeling very confident in his plan if Myrtle wasn't able to find anything more to criticize about it.


OOC: Got it. Also, I know what I said at the beginning about Myrtle just knowing Knock Off, but she has learned Psychic and Flash since then, so I'm gonna act like she's known those moves the whole time.
Cell Room
Missingno. Master


Looker motions for you to be quiet once you explain your plan, but flashes you a grin, obviously liking it. He seems to think you have a good head on your shoulders, and so he can probably trust you. Keys jingling in the lock of the door, you and Looker get into a position from which you can easily defend yourselves. The door swings open to reveal two of the strangest dressed men you have ever seen. For one thing, they both have bowl-haircuts, dyed green of all colours. Both of them are wearing the same uniform, a high collar top with bandage sleeves, and black pants with silver knee-length boots. What strikes you most about it is the yellow emblem on their chests in the shape of a stylised G.

Myrtle springs into action immediately, emitting a bright flash of light before they can react. Looker calls "Now!" and tackles one to the ground, while you take the other. You make sure to cover their mouths so they cannot cry out for help and shut the door. The Shuppet follows up with her Psychic powers, preventing them from squirming and carrying them to the cells as you requested. You try your keys on the cell doors, but they don't seem to work - you can't keep these grunts in here like this! Patting down their bodies, Looker finds nothing either...

Inventory:
Set of Keys
Handcuffs

What will you do?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept View Post
Why are you always a pretty princess?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son_of_Shadows View Post
Because I look damn good in a dress.
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
Son_of_Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 05:11 PM   #116
Missingno. Master
Poison-type Trainer
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 3,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son_of_Shadows View Post
Oh yeah, this is a thing. And no objection to the extra moves. Just gives me reason to increase the difficulty ;)



Cell Room
Missingno. Master


Looker motions for you to be quiet once you explain your plan, but flashes you a grin, obviously liking it. He seems to think you have a good head on your shoulders, and so he can probably trust you. Keys jingling in the lock of the door, you and Looker get into a position from which you can easily defend yourselves. The door swings open to reveal two of the strangest dressed men you have ever seen. For one thing, they both have bowl-haircuts, dyed green of all colours. Both of them are wearing the same uniform, a high collar top with bandage sleeves, and black pants with silver knee-length boots. What strikes you most about it is the yellow emblem on their chests in the shape of a stylised G.

Myrtle springs into action immediately, emitting a bright flash of light before they can react. Looker calls "Now!" and tackles one to the ground, while you take the other. You make sure to cover their mouths so they cannot cry out for help and shut the door. The Shuppet follows up with her Psychic powers, preventing them from squirming and carrying them to the cells as you requested. You try your keys on the cell doors, but they don't seem to work - you can't keep these grunts in here like this! Patting down their bodies, Looker finds nothing either...

Inventory:
Set of Keys
Handcuffs

What will you do?
"Damn it!" Keith grunted as he realized that none of the keys worked on the cell door. "This isn't good-"

"I can-not hold them off for too long, Meat Sack!" Myrtle exclaimed as she continued to hold the strangely dressed men- who Keith realized, with a jolt, had to be members of the notorious Team Galactic- with Psychic, preventing them from fleeing the unlocked cell. Keith glanced around the room, and then noticed the desk.

"That's it!" he exclaimed, as he dashed over to the desk. "Looker, come help me push this! We'll block the cell door with it. Myrtle, keep holding them with Psychic as long as you can. Switch to Water Gun if you have to, just keep them at bay until the desk is in place, OK?"

"Un-der-stood," grunted Myrtle.
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:29 AM   #117
Takeo
Boulder Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 117
Tyranitar

Hallow walked in a normal pace passing a few individuals seating in their expensive seats that would probably cost them an arm and a leg if they didn't already look like they had money. Normally Hallow wouldn't be able to afford a first class ticket, or to simply give a second thought to the plane's destination, but he thought it was time to stop running from his past.

The signal to buck up lit and soon the plane took off.

A thousand feet in the air now, the signal to walk free on abroad was lit.
Hallow asked one of the Flight Attendant to bring him a cold ginger ale to drink and if it wasn't too much trouble a pack of gum.
He had a nasty habit of chewing gum when he was nervous.

He took a good look at the time,
24 hours till I land..., he thought,

Hallow had brought a few things to keep his mind at ease, a video game, an Ipod to listen to and a fews books to read,
He took out a mystery book.
He got half way through the book before taking a look outside the window wondering if he had what it took to solve a crime of such a high magnitude.

--23 hours remaining--


[[Stats.]]

Last edited by Takeo; 10-30-2012 at 04:30 PM.
Takeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:04 PM   #118
Missingno. Master
Poison-type Trainer
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 3,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo View Post
Hallow walked in a normal pace passing a few individuals seating in their expensive seats that would probably cost them an arm and a leg if they didn't already look like they had money. Normally Hallow wouldn't be able to afford a first class ticket, or to simply give a second thought to the plane's destination, but he thought it was time to stop running from his past.

The signal to buck up lit and soon the plane took off.

A thousand feet in the air now, the signal to walk free on abroad was lit.
Hallow asked one of the Flight Attendant to bring him a cold ginger ale to drink and if it wasn't too much trouble a pack of gum.
He had a nasty habit of chewing gum when he was nervous.

He took a good look at the time,
24 hours till I land..., he thought,

Hallow had brought a few things to keep his mind at ease, a video game, an Ipod to listen to and a fews books to read,
He took out a mystery book.
He got half way through the book before taking a look outside the window wondering if he had what it took to solve a crime of such a high magnitude.

--23 hours remaining--


[[Stats.]]
Alright, I've decided I'll give this a shot. Never really thought about updating, but if this goes well, I might consider it...

Takeo (please reply in this color- just c/p the color and size tags): You decide to while away the hours of your flight by reading a mystery book. Not a bad idea, either, as just getting halfway through already burns through the first hour. At this point, you look out the window, wondering whether you were capable of solving such a crime yourself. Of course, this train of thought is derailed rather quickly as a large, green insect can be seen flying right towards the window. You reflexively duck, but the Yanmega fails to penetrate the window. This of course fails to deter the Ogre Darner Pokemon, because since when is life ever that easy? No, Yanmega turns to look at one of the engines. Uh-oh. Before you can even do anything, Yanmega shoots off a SonicBoom at one of the engines, and the plane starts to shake and tilt as the pilot desperately tries to maintain control. The plane is losing altitude at a steadily increasing rate, and you glance out the window to see the Yanmega watching all this unfold- just hovering there, staring at the falling plane. Before you could think much about this, however, the passenger next to you taps you on your shoulder. You wheel around and see him looking at you, a Beheeyem floating by his side.

"Hey, do you have any Pokemon that know Confusion, Telekinesis, or Psychic?" he asked urgently. "If you do, maybe if it combines forces with my Beheeyem, we can slow the plane down so it doesn't crash!"

You consider this for a moment, less than sure about whether the psychic abilities of two Pokemon would be enough to slow the descent of a gigantic airplane. Plus, there's the Yanmega out there to consider, you can't count on it not interfering with this plan somehow... But what else is there in the way of options?

What do you do?
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:38 AM   #119
Takeo
Boulder Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 117
Tyranitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
Alright, I've decided I'll give this a shot. Never really thought about updating, but if this goes well, I might consider it...

Takeo (please reply in this color- just c/p the color and size tags): You decide to while away the hours of your flight by reading a mystery book. Not a bad idea, either, as just getting halfway through already burns through the first hour. At this point, you look out the window, wondering whether you were capable of solving such a crime yourself. Of course, this train of thought is derailed rather quickly as a large, green insect can be seen flying right towards the window. You reflexively duck, but the Yanmega fails to penetrate the window. This of course fails to deter the Ogre Darner Pokemon, because since when is life ever that easy? No, Yanmega turns to look at one of the engines. Uh-oh. Before you can even do anything, Yanmega shoots off a SonicBoom at one of the engines, and the plane starts to shake and tilt as the pilot desperately tries to maintain control. The plane is losing altitude at a steadily increasing rate, and you glance out the window to see the Yanmega watching all this unfold- just hovering there, staring at the falling plane. Before you could think much about this, however, the passenger next to you taps you on your shoulder. You wheel around and see him looking at you, a Beheeyem floating by his side.

"Hey, do you have any Pokemon that know Confusion, Telekinesis, or Psychic?" he asked urgently. "If you do, maybe if it combines forces with my Beheeyem, we can slow the plane down so it doesn't crash!"

You consider this for a moment, less than sure about whether the psychic abilities of two Pokemon would be enough to slow the descent of a gigantic airplane. Plus, there's the Yanmega out there to consider, you can't count on it not interfering with this plan somehow... But what else is there in the way of options?

What do you do?

"What is that," he says looking more intently through the glass window, the tiny spec soon becoming much bigger in size, realizing that whatever it was, was coming right at him!

Reflexively He ducks, the bug hitting the glass, failing to break through the window, Hallow looks up and sees the Dragon fly turn to look at one of the engines.

"Oh!," he exclaims, "You aren't thinking about doing what I think you're about to...,"
But before he could finish, Yanmega shoots off a SonicBoom at one of the engines,
the boom makes for a big jerk and throws Hallow against the plane,
"Huff!,"
Hallow looks up from the seat infront of him to see the pilot desperately trying to maintain control of the plane,
The plane begins to shake and tilt, losing altitude now at a steadily but increasing rate, the emergency bells and whistles play, the sign to bulk up comes on and air mask from the over head compartment drop,

Hallow regains his balance and glances out the window to see the Yanmega watching all this unfold- just hovering there, staring at the falling plane.
A passenger next to Hallow taps him on his shoulder, Hallow wheels around to see the man looking at him, with a Beheeyem floating by his side.

"Hey, do you have any Pokemon that know Confusion, Telekinesis, or Psychic?" he asked urgently. "If you do, maybe if it combines forces with my Beheeyem, we can slow the plane down so it doesn't crash!"

Without thinking he blurts out,
"Yes I do, two in-fact, come on out!," he yells throwing the spheres in the air, releasing his partners Grace the Vulpix and Narcissa the Frillish,
"I'll have my Frillish combined her power with your Beheeyem using Psychic, and to make sure that Yanmega doesn't cause us more trouble I'll have Vulpix use Extrasensory,"


[Stats.]
Takeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:29 AM   #120
Missingno. Master
Poison-type Trainer
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 3,465
Takeo:

"Perfect!" the man exclaimed as your Frillish and Vulpix appeared. The two of you give the orders, and Narcissa and Beheeyem use their Psychic attacks simultaneously, while Grace unleashes Extrasensory. For a moment, the attacks seem to have no effect, and you start to panic, but then you realize that the plane is falling slower and shaking less. Gradually, the plane lands gently on the ground with all the force of a falling leaf, you barely even feel it. The pilot quickly evacuates the plane by deploying an emergency slide from the door, allowing a safe exit from the grounded aircraft. Once everyone is outside, however, a low growl meets your ears. You turn around, already kinda guessing what this was, and sure enough, the Yanmega from before is right in front of you, and it looked exceptionally displeased at the plane's safe landing. Before you can say anything, Yanmega starts to charge up a Shadow Ball, and aims it right at Narcissa. Battle seems inevitable here, but you don't know how powerful this Yanmega is. Still, you kinda need to take action quickly unless you want your Frillish to take the super-effective move.

What do you do?
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:11 AM   #121
Takeo
Boulder Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 117
Tyranitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
Takeo:

"Perfect!" the man exclaimed as your Frillish and Vulpix appeared. The two of you give the orders, and Narcissa and Beheeyem use their Psychic attacks simultaneously, while Grace unleashes Extrasensory. For a moment, the attacks seem to have no effect, and you start to panic, but then you realize that the plane is falling slower and shaking less. Gradually, the plane lands gently on the ground with all the force of a falling leaf, you barely even feel it. The pilot quickly evacuates the plane by deploying an emergency slide from the door, allowing a safe exit from the grounded aircraft. Once everyone is outside, however, a low growl meets your ears. You turn around, already kinda guessing what this was, and sure enough, the Yanmega from before is right in front of you, and it looked exceptionally displeased at the plane's safe landing. Before you can say anything, Yanmega starts to charge up a Shadow Ball, and aims it right at Narcissa. Battle seems inevitable here, but you don't know how powerful this Yanmega is. Still, you kinda need to take action quickly unless you want your Frillish to take the super-effective move.

What do you do?
"Perfect!" the man exclaimed as both Hallow's Pokemon appeared at the ready. The orders were given, and Narissa and Beheeyem began to use their Psychic attacks almost simultaneously, while Grace unleashed her Extrasensory.

Time truly is something unfathomable. For those few moments time and space was distorted, what felt like an hour was truly just seconds, and for those precious seconds it seemed the attacks had no effect. Hallow's breath became shallow and a drop of nervous sweat ran down his face, but then he realized, "the plane isn't falling anymore!," he said ecstatically. Everyone rejoiced.

The plane landed gently on the ground like a leaf falling from the tree it was born on; barely even felt a thing. The pilot emerged from the cockpit quickly ushering everyone to evacuate the plane by deploying an emergency slide from the door, allowing a safe exit from the grounded aircraft.

Once everyone was outside, Hallow turned his head toward a low but menacing growl, "No, don't tell me..," he said knowing full well who was making the noise. The Yanmega from before was now right in front of him, its look exceptionally displeased at the plane's safe landing. "Hey!, you got some nerve t...," But before anything could of been said, Yanmega started to charge up a Shadow Ball, its aim right at Narissa.

"Shit!," he cursed, "Grace push that Yanmega with your Quick Attack, then go for a Flame Charge, finish with Hidden Power (Electric)."


[Stats.]

Last edited by Takeo; 11-10-2012 at 12:31 AM.
Takeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:37 AM   #122
Missingno. Master
Poison-type Trainer
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 3,465
Takeo:

Your Vulpix sprang into action, Quickly lunging forward to Attack the Yanmega, shoving it off to one side just as the Shadow Ball was fired. Thankfully, Grace managed to shove Yanmega in time, so the Shadow Ball only grazed Narcissa. It did some damage, but very minor, especially compared to what would've happened had she taken the full force of the attack. Grace then cloaked herself in Flames before starting to Charge forward. Yanmega reacted swiftly, conjuring a Powerful orb of Ancient energy and firing it. The Rock-type move struck Grace and disrupted her attack, though she was not deterred; quickly, a ring of yellow orbs formed around her body, each orb crackling with Electricity as she fired off the Hidden Power. This time, it was a direct hit, and Yanmega exclaimed loudly as the super-effective move connected, but seemed undeterred.

Yanmega and Grace each seem to have done roughly equal amounts of damage to each other thus far, each Pokemon appearing to still have around 3/4 of their total health. It looked as though Grace had used up slightly more energy than Yanmega, however, and that Hidden Power had taken a toll on her limited stores of Electric energy. She'd be good for another Hidden Power, but very likely only one. As you observe this, Yanmega goes on the offensive once again, and goes in for the Attack, her Wings glowing brightly.

What will you do?
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:25 AM   #123
Takeo
Boulder Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 117
Tyranitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
Takeo:

Your Vulpix sprang into action, Quickly lunging forward to Attack the Yanmega, shoving it off to one side just as the Shadow Ball was fired. Thankfully, Grace managed to shove Yanmega in time, so the Shadow Ball only grazed Narcissa. It did some damage, but very minor, especially compared to what would've happened had she taken the full force of the attack. Grace then cloaked herself in Flames before starting to Charge forward. Yanmega reacted swiftly, conjuring a Powerful orb of Ancient energy and firing it. The Rock-type move struck Grace and disrupted her attack, though she was not deterred; quickly, a ring of yellow orbs formed around her body, each orb crackling with Electricity as she fired off the Hidden Power. This time, it was a direct hit, and Yanmega exclaimed loudly as the super-effective move connected, but seemed undeterred.

Yanmega and Grace each seem to have done roughly equal amounts of damage to each other thus far, each Pokemon appearing to still have around 3/4 of their total health. It looked as though Grace had used up slightly more energy than Yanmega, however, and that Hidden Power had taken a toll on her limited stores of Electric energy. She'd be good for another Hidden Power, but very likely only one. As you observe this, Yanmega goes on the offensive once again, and goes in for the Attack, her Wings glowing brightly.

What will you do?
Grace Quickly dove into action, lunging forward to Attack the Yanmega, tackling it off to one side just as the Shadow Ball was fired. Grace just about managed to shove Yanmega in time, so that the Shadow Ball only grazed Narcissa. Narissa winced form the pain, it only doing some very minor damage, Hallow quickly took her Poke Ball out, "We were lucky that was all it did," he said to her, nodding in agreement as she was emitted back inside the sphere.

Hallow returned his attention to the battle, Grace had just cloaked herself in bright orange Flame before starting to Charge forward. Yanmega reacted swiftly, producing a Powerful orb of Ancient energy and firing it. The Rock-type move struck Grace and disrupted her attack, though she was not deterred she shook it off; quickly concentrating on her next attack, a necklace of yellow orbs forming around her body, each orb crackling with Electricity as she fired off the Hidden Power and striking the dragonfly. Hallow smiled, Yes a direct hit, he thought, unfortunately for them Yanmega seemed unwavered.

The eyes of any trainer can show you more then whats truly just happening, and Hallow's eyes told him that Yanmega and Grace were on equal footing, each Pokemon appearing to still have around 3/4 of their total health. Though, it looked as though Grace had used up slightly more energy than Yanmega, I thought it was too soon, he said gritting his teeth, She's still not able to use that attack more then once, I'll save it for when the moment is just right then,. As Hallow observed the battle unfold and plotted his next attack, Yanmega went on the offensive once again, and went in for the Attack, her Wings glowing brightly.

"Grace stay perfectly still and when its just inches away let him have it with Flamethrower!, then continue to strike with your Quick Attack, finish by trapping it in Fire Spin!,"


[Stats.]

Last edited by Takeo; 11-10-2012 at 01:41 AM.
Takeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:48 AM   #124
Missingno. Master
Poison-type Trainer
 
Missingno. Master's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Virbank City
Posts: 3,465
Takeo:

Grace obediently waited in place as Yanmega flew ever closer... And then, when there was all of two inches between the Vulpix and the bug, your Vulpix opened her mouth and let fly a dazzling Flamethrower, stopping Yanmega cold. Well, OK, maybe "cold" wasn't the correct descriptive term here, but you get the idea. Yanmega flew back just to get away from the flames, but wasn't Quick enough to evade Grace's next Attack as she slammed into it, knocking it to the ground. Next, Grace prepared to unleash Fire Spin, when you hear a buzzing sound. You gulp, fearing a swarm of Beedrill, but when you look around, you see that it is in fact a swarm of Yanma. Coming right your way. Before you can react, the Yanma all grab at you and your clothes with their legs and hoist you into the air! Hastily, you call your Pokemon back to their Poke Balls as Yanmega leads the way. The Yanma all follow him, including the ones carrying you.

The Yanma have you about ten feet up off the ground. The Yanmega is nearly out of health, that Fire Spin might've finished things. You have no idea where they're taking you or why. The other passengers from the plane have been enlisted to help try to repair the damage to the engine, so unfortunately, this little incident has gone unnoticed by any of them. By now, the Yanma have carried you so far away that your screams for help would fall upon deaf ears anyways. The Yanma do not have you by the arms, so you can still reach your Poke Balls, but what could you possibly do against Yanma in these numbers?

What will you do?
__________________


My Shiny Pokémon (not up for trade, I don't do requests for Shiny banners or recolored Pokken artwork). FB team banners like the one above, however, those I do requests for.

Last edited by Missingno. Master; 11-10-2012 at 10:15 AM.
Missingno. Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:40 PM   #125
Takeo
Boulder Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 117
Tyranitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
Takeo:

Grace obediently waited in place as Yanmega flew ever closer... And then, when there was all of two inches between the Vulpix and the bug, your Vulpix opened her mouth and let fly a dazzling Flamethrower, stopping Yanmega cold. Well, OK, maybe "cold" wasn't the correct descriptive term here, but you get the idea. Yanmega flew back just to get away from the flames, but wasn't Quick enough to evade Grace's next Attack as she slammed into it, knocking it to the ground. Next, Grace prepared to unleash Fire Spin, when you hear a buzzing sound. You gulp, fearing a swarm of Beedrill, but when you look around, you see that it is in fact a swarm of Yanma. Coming right your way. Before you can react, the Yanma all grab at you and your clothes with their legs and hoist you into the air! Hastily, you call your Pokemon back to their Poke Balls as Yanmega leads the way. The Yanma all follow him, including the ones carrying you.

The Yanma have you about ten feet up off the ground. The Yanmega is nearly out of health, that Fire Spin might've finished things. You have no idea where they're taking you or why. The other passengers from the plane have been enlisted to help try to repair the damage to the engine, so unfortunately, this little incident has gone unnoticed by any of them. By now, the Yanma have carried you so far away that your screams for help would fall upon deaf ears anyways. The Yanma do not have you by the arms, so you can still reach your Poke Balls, but what could you possibly do against Yanma in these numbers?

What will you do?
Grace closed her eyes, the Yanmega was like a ninja quickly coming from this way and that, she tired to focus on honing her hearing to detect the in coming attack, and then...when they were just two inches away from each other, Grace opened her mouth and let loose a dazzling Flamethrower, scorching the bug dead in its tracks. Yanmega was taken back to get away from the flames, but it simply wasn't Quick enough to evade Grace's next Attack as she slammed right into it, knocking it to the ground. She returned to a standby position ready to unleash a beautiful array of color with her Fire Spin, when Hallow heard buzzing. It was faint at first but seconds passed and it got louder, Hallow gulped, fearing a swarm of angry Beedrill, "Thats all we'd need!," but looking around he saw that it was actually a swarm of Yanma coming straight at him!. The swarm blanketed the sky, Hallow tired to run, "GO GRACE GO!," he yelled to his partner, but he only got to 3 feet before he was lifted off the ground and was flying through the air, Hallow looked at his Vulpix still on the ground barking at him, "Return!," he yelled as he pulled out a Pokeball allowing a red light to consume her back inside. The Yanmega he had been fighting up till now, was now leading the way to the gang of Yanmas holding him hostage in the air.

If Hallow wasn't so uncomfortable he'd be having the time of his life, truth be told he loved the idea of flying ever since he was a little kid watching Superman display unhuman strenth and speed, to leaping tall buildings in a single bound. He intended to fly one day when his little golem of a Golett grew up and evolved, he promised that the first pokemon he would fly with would be him...now that was tarnished...

Above the clouds in the sea of bayblues, with the clouds between his knees, he felt like he was in a death defying rollcoaster. Hallow grit his teeth in annoyance, We almost had him, he was nearly out of health, Looking forward he sees the Yanmega barely capable of flight, That last attack could of ended things, thinking, Where are they even taking me..., nevermind, right now I need to focus on getting out of this!

Hallow looked back from where he was abducted noticing until now that the other passengers form the plane were gone, so this little incident had gone unnoticed by any of them. By now the Yanma had carried him so far that screaming wouldn't get anyone's attention. Hey, my arms are still free...if I could just reach for a Pokeball..., removing the Pokeball and releasing Frillish in one fluid motion, "Lets Go!," he yelled, "Wet their wings with Scald," The water should make their wings heavy enough to cause them to fall and drop me, "Use Psychic to catch me!,"


[Stats.]

Last edited by Takeo; 11-21-2012 at 12:25 AM.
Takeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:36 PM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.