UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL > Suggestions and Inquiries

Old 04-23-2017, 01:19 PM   #151
Snorby
Snackin'

Primeape and Mankey too. Also MegaMom I guess

Click on Fawful for my ASB squad summary. Other links coming soon.
Snorby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 02:56 PM   #152
Stealthy
A New and Original Person

I think the main issue with disobedience is how to ref it. I don't think there's much relevant precedent to look back on and the balance of how to do it is... tricky. Very easy for a novice ref to completely cock up a match with it and you can't blame them for it.

If it's one of the "anger" triggers, then a proper interpretation would be the pokemon ignoring a non-offensive attack like Light Screen in favor of an offensive one, which (for fairness) I'd suggest generally be a STAB/Normal/XX typed move of equivalent energy. If there are multiple that seem appropriate, either pick based on gut for best apt or just randomize like Sleep Talk. Basically think automatic Swagger or Taunt... which then begs the question of what triggers "anger" since the most obvious answer is Swagger which makes the SC clause redundant. I suppose there's the rarely used Rage Powder, and I guess if you use Rage with that pokemon (which also more or less never happens). But beyond that... it can get dangerously discretionary without any real guidelines to go off of. Would a strong SE move do it? Or would it do the opposite? Perhaps if the pokemon is getting frustrated from losing? But what would be that point? Without real guidelines, this mechanic is subpar. Susceptibility to Swagger and whatnot with added attack boost honestly suffices since it does basically the same thing but with less chance for ref cockups.

I think Minccino and Cinccino are actually rather straightforward. Yes there's the "why put a vulnerability on a pokemon that already kinda sucks" issue, but I just like having these more quirky and unique SC effects that give the opponent more creative/non-standard ways to go after the opponent. Main issue is how Minccino cleans itself off without there being readily available water in the arena. Safeguard to push it off? Just kinda standing there and rubbing it out? Eh. If you want to keep the effect, though, I think that a better way to do phrase it is to say that the pokemon will prioritize cleaning itself to minimize confusion/misreffing.

For Kanga... I remember we've had this discussion a lot of times and I will refer back to whatever was concluded if anything. Don't remember what it was though.

Then there's the whole "two uplevels or an uplevel that Mega Evolves" disobedience thing. Properly interpreting this is difficult. You basically have to figure out the pokemon's personality and go based off that which ASB just really isn't well suited for. We don't have the RP mechanics of Fizzy Bubbles and Wild Future. I agree with Shuckle that you outta just toss out the disobedience chance and just make it outright against the rules unless you have the badge that says otherwise.
Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 01:42 AM   #153
Chiko
Chiko Chiko Chi

Quote:
Azurill (Normal/Fairy): An Azurill's hearing is more sensitive than normal, at the expense of making it more vulnerable to sound-based status moves. Azurill may use their tail-balls as a floatation device, making it difficult to force one underwater if it does not wish to do so. Despite lacking the Water-type of their evolutions, Azurill's aquatic lifestyle makes it a decent swimmer and grants it familiarity with Water-type moves, as well as increased Water energy. All baby Pokémon's techniques that are based on cuteness (such as Charm, Attract, Sweet Kiss, etc) are slightly more effective.
Would it be too much to give Azurill infiniwater considering its STAB is literally Covet, Hyper Voice, Swift, Uproar, Hidden Power NO/FA, Secret Power and Round (when excluding XX)?
Amethyst/Chieri
FB - Chiko

Last edited by Chiko; 04-24-2017 at 02:33 AM.
Chiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 12:38 PM   #154
Crys
Is Pizza Fuckable?

Quote:
Absol (Dark): Due to their ability to predict disasters, Absol have a faster reaction time to large-scale attacks such as Earthquake and Blast Burn. This does not guarantee escape but increases the odds of dodging. Absol are considered symbols of woe amongst Pokémon and people, particularly when seen at night, so they may make opponents feel uneasy. Due to having a wide variety of energy available, it is less proficient at maximising the use, resulting in suffering from slightly less type energy. In its Mega Forme Absol's reaction time increases greatly, allowing it to more easily evade attacks, especially those that are high powered or particularly threatening or dangerous. The horn atop their head also becomes more defined, giving them a slight boost to attacks using it.
Continuing this discussion from the discord, could we give Mega Absol double jumps or something?
Crys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 02:05 PM   #155
Snorby
Snackin'

Why does absol need to be better?
Its fake wings are canonically purely aesthetic. Absol is already really good and there's no anime nor game evidence for this, so... Why?

Old 05-15-2017, 02:15 PM   #156
Zelphon
Happy October

Send a message via Skype™ to Zelphon
Because it's kinda bad ass

Zelphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 03:22 PM   #157
Altocharizard55
The Scientist

It's less an argument about making Absol better, and more an argument about making Mega Absol worth using, I think. Having said that, I don't think that extra jumping or whatnot is the direction to go in.

PASBL Stats

TL 4 (35-21-6)
Current owner of the Onslaught Badge and the Monolith Badge
Previous owner of the Indurate Badge and the Dual Wing Badge (Pre-scrap)
216 TP - 84 KOs - 20 SP (11 SP Debt to Machamp-X)
(W/L/D and stats recompiled as of 4/25/17)
Observe. Adapt. Evolve.
Altocharizard55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 03:34 PM   #158
Snorby
Snackin'

Free partials and a boost to attacks like night Slash, psycho cut, etc are definitely worth the stone

Old 10-26-2017, 02:20 PM   #159
Snorby
Snackin'

Hey ASB!

A lot of you have been wondering about what you can help speed up the revamp process. Here's a huge one for you.

SCs. There's a lot on our plate right now, and this isn't something we feel our time is best spent picking through every single one of like we are with move descripts.

So, we're asking you all to help out on this one. Whenever you want to help contribute to the revamp but aren't really sure of something you want to tackle, try taking a stab at these. Importantly, we aren't looking for a major overhaul of SCs or any added buffs/nerfs. Most of them will probably be fine, which is part of why we think LO time is largely better spent elsewhere.

For those who're willing to tackle this, here's some guidelines for you on stuff you should bring up:

1. The SC has glaring issues. This could be a mon's SC being way too strong or weirdly nerfing them for no good reason, or something else entirely. There's a lot of discretion here, but try to only bring up major problems- remember, we have a lot to do to revamp ASB, and if you think a problem might be borderline it's probably not worth spending time on.

2. The SC just doesn't mesh with the new systems. Maybe the SC says something about Pokemon Levels, or some move/mechanic is mentioned that doesn't work like that anymore. This one's gonna be an ongoing process, because we're far from done with updating move descripts and mechanics.

3. Clarification. Maybe something is just really vague, outdated, or confusing. I expect there will be a fair few like this because some SCs have historically not been updated as regularly as descripts have been, so there might be some archaic stuff we just never got rid of.

Despite us already opening the flood gates on this one, in reality it will probably be one of the last things to finish because there's going to be lots of checking and rechecking. The good thing about that is that it means there's always something for you to help out with should you ever want to do so.

Thanks so much to anyone who helps us out on this one! We know it's not the most exciting thing about the revamp to work on, but it's still incredibly important.

Old 10-26-2017, 09:51 PM   #160
Sneaze
I'm sorry, Talon :(

Send a message via Skype™ to Sneaze
Side note on that matter, just passed off an updated SC page to Jeri so all the SCs will be up to date on the site momentarily (clear your cache if you don't see any Gen VII). And as a minor request, if you are going over things, please point out typos and code errors as it makes it a lot easier to catch them now as the page was generated by the code I'm using to make the ASBDex and I want to catch any potential problems.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Whatever Sneasel says is right
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 12:21 AM   #161
Jerichi
本✚能

The site is giving me troubles but once I get them sorted it will be live.

気紛れを 許して 今更なんて思わずに急かしてよ
もっと中迄入って あたしの衝動を 突き動かしてよ

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 09:30 AM   #162
Jerichi
本✚能

Ok, this has been updated!

気紛れを 許して 今更なんて思わずに急かしてよ
もっと中迄入って あたしの衝動を 突き動かしてよ

asbwffb