UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 05-31-2008, 01:50 PM   #1
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Got Darkrai?

lol I can't believe Nintendo is still sending people to the ends of the earth for POKéMON.

Well if ya didn't know get your butts to a Toys r Us today or tomorrow between 12-4 p.m. to grab a legit version of the star of the 10th movie.
Lindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 03:39 PM   #2
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

Re: Got Darkrai?

My brother wanted me to go but in the end I decided against it. I still never redeemed my Manaphy (I got it at the last event, I just never picked it up from the delivery guy). Legendaries are usually overpowered (Darkrai in particular) and I would be alot more motivated to go if I could get a new move on a normal pokemon (like the NYPC special moves etc), provided the move + pokemon didn't suck. XD

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 03:56 PM   #3
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

My parents both hate Toys-R-Us with a burning passion, so there's no way I can get them to take me. Anyways, the store is a hellhole, so I don't particularly want to go just to fill my Pokedex.

私のことを消して本気で愛さないで 恋なんてただのゲーム 楽しめばそれでいい
閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 07:01 PM   #4
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Half the students I asked are under the impression our Toys 'R' Us in Lafayette is shutdown. But their light comes on at night. O_o I'll go in a sec and check it out. If they're done doing it right now, I'll go back tomorrow. It's supposed to be a 2-day event, right?
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 07:23 PM   #5
Betagold
Pokemon Trainer

I didn't get a chance to go today, but I'll be there tomorrow, with 2, possibly 3, extra carts. I want some American Darkrai to go next to the Japanese Darkrai in my box.
Betagold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 07:33 PM   #6
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Just called. The girl who picked up knew what I was talking about when I asked and didn't know how to drive (as discovered when I asked her about which right turn it was off of US-52), so that pretty much proves I was chatting to a well-informed teen. Oh boy. I'm going to be the only 23 year old getting Darkrai tomorrow. XD I'll bring a camera. Just for you guys. :P

Yeah, they're open (at mine, anyway) from 12:30-4:00pm for Darkrai. Normal store hours being longer, of course. So if you missed yours today at your Toys 'R' Us and were planning on going tomorrow, be sure to go after lunch but soon after lunch. Don't put it off to the late afternoon.
Old 05-31-2008, 08:13 PM   #7
S_M
Volcano Badge

Send a message via AIM to S_M

I really don't want to go to Toys R Us and be probably the only kid who's not 10, so instead I will beg and grovel at the feet of anyone who is willing to trade one to me. :O
156 KOs - 376 TP - 10.75 SP
S_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 01:32 AM   #8
Blastoise
We deny our creators.

Got two, one for my Diamond and one for my Pearl. Going to get around to soft-resetting for good ones...eventually.

Also you guys who are worried that you'll be out of place need to get over it: the median age was in the mid 20's for the Manaphy event when I stopped in. Plus, you get 5 bucks off a DS game and for me that was the perfect excuse to finally pick up Layton.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:47 AM   #9
Talon87
時の彼方へ

$5 off? Damn, there are no DS games I want right now that I don't already have. If only Layton 2 were out ... well, maaaaaaaaaybe (snowball's chance in Hell) they'll have Japanese imports and I can find Shonen Jump Ultimate Stars.
Old 06-01-2008, 12:38 PM   #10
Betagold
Pokemon Trainer

1, 2, 3 carts means 1, 2, 3 Darkrai for Beta!
Old 06-01-2008, 02:02 PM   #11
Talon87
時の彼方へ

That was surprisingly easy. I walked in with a friend and we saw a really nerdy 24+ year old talking to a teen and excitedly battling or trading with him. Beyond these two (who were clearly already done), we saw a fat white guy with a shoulder-length corded ponytail sitting behind a table with a Darkrai explanatory sign next to him (courtesy of Nintendo of America).

For those who are wondering what this process entailed ...
  • No line.[/*em37x4p0]
  • Turn on your DS. You're already standing in the vicinity of a wireless access point.[/*em37x4p0]
  • At the opening menu for DP, it'll cut you off with an announcement that you're able to receive a Mystery Gift. It explains to you how to do so.[/*em37x4p0]
  • Go back to the menu and select "Mystery Gift."[/*em37x4p0]
  • Select "Wireless Communication" (or something).[/*em37x4p0]
  • Select "The Rise of Darkrai."[/*em37x4p0]
  • Download "The Rise of Darkrai."[/*em37x4p0]
  • Turn off your pak and go home![/*em37x4p0]

The guy explained that we now had Darkrai unlocked (and that that was saved) but that to get Darkrai we'd have to go to a PokéMart with an open slot on our teams and talk to the cashier. He said, "You can do this as many times as you want so long as you don't save. Each time Darkrai will be re-rolled with a different nature."

Sure enough he was right. Just got done testing it. First roll Hardy. Second roll Modest but best stats (SpA and Speed, happily enough) were only 19 or 20 out of 31 and his other stats were even worse. (His HP was 139, pretty low, and his Special Defense of 110 came back as Invalid!)

The offer ends at 4:30, so don't miss out! If you can go to Toys R Us, do so. There were no parents there and no little kids. We saw one teen and one awkward adult. That was it. GOOOOOOooooooooooooooooo NOOOOOOOoooooooooooow.
Old 06-01-2008, 05:01 PM   #12
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Ya its all really simple and line-free is a great improvement from events in the past. Still isn't there a WFC Mystery Gift option? Just let people download the PKMN from your crappy servers Nintendo instead of making 'em leave the house! But I guess it makes sense not to pass up good promotion of the latest movie and nudge people into getting a new DS game for only $5 off~
Lindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 05:50 PM   #13
Talon87
時の彼方へ

There was, I totally forgot! Great reminder, Lindz! Yeah, there were three options when I connected to get Darkrai. The 2nd one is what was used for this promotion (something to do with searching for a local WAP), but the third option mentioned getting on the Nintendo WFC. The same one we get on for the GTS and such. So yeah, the Mystery Gift feature was programmed to allow for WFC connections and yet ... they're not being used.
Old 06-01-2008, 06:02 PM   #14
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

>So yeah, the Mystery Gift feature was programmed to allow for WFC connections and yet ... they're not being used.

Nintendo is good at making features and peripherals that they don't use. Or is used once and never again.

IE: the Power Glove, Transfer Pak, N64DD.

私のことを消して本気で愛さないで 恋なんてただのゲーム 楽しめばそれでいい
閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 07:03 PM   #15
Betagold
Pokemon Trainer

There wasn't even a guy at my local Toys R' Us, just a sign that told you what to do.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:25 PM   #16
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Hahaha, Pokémon fans are well-loved.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:37 PM   #17
Betagold
Pokemon Trainer

Yeah. On the plus side, though, they didn't mind us hanging out there for 10+ minutes while I got Mystery Gift on two different cartridges so I could download Darkrai. The people at my local Toys R' Us are pretty accomodating. I remember that on the Brawl release, they also got a shipment of Wiis in, and I was still in and out of there in under thirty minutes with a line that would have taken an hour if the salespeople had been less speedy. They do good work. I will consider buying things from them in the future.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:20 PM   #18
ajnrules
Boulder Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betagold
There wasn't even a guy at my local Toys R' Us, just a sign that told you what to do.
Heh heh heh. That's what it was like at my Toys R' Us. I just stood there and quietly got to Darkrais - one on my copy of Diamond and another on my sister's copy of Pearl. The other people there ranged from school aged children to people in their 20s, so I didn't seem too out of place. It also helps that I look like I'm still only 16.
Old 06-02-2008, 02:49 AM   #19
Skrusti
Boulder Badge

Sadly, the nearest Toys'R'Us is about an hour and a half away, and what with the having to get my house packed up before the 15th, I (understandably) couldn't go there to get a real Darkrai. Skru is a sad panda, for he is a collector.
Old 06-02-2008, 05:18 AM   #20
Muyotwo
Dominator of Bike Levels

I let you hold my Japanese movie Darkrai, Skru, what more do you want? xd

Hopefully we'll get them in Australia without too much delay, Manaphy stye.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON