UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2018, 04:06 PM   #676
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
As one door closes on the past, so too does another open to the future.

Crimson Sanctum.

Gemini Spark:
Ghost pokemon are already dead, you can't kill them.

Such a commonly used term by many overconfident trainers or undertutored ones, who would learn the hard way that ghosts were indeed as mortal as they were in previous life as they were in death. As the hammering of the door sounds the toll of the Grim Reaper Himself knocking to claim your soul, you cry out to Silas and take the merciful option to recall him, carefully fumbling at the hellhound's ball and recalling him for safety before wheeling around to the cloak and reaching for it...

Craaaaack.

The hinges of the door began to buckle and cave as you examined the cloak, the buttons stitched haphazardly on the hood. A hood, you notice, that seems to have been sewn up at the front forming some sort of strangely familiar shape, including the point at the top...

CRAAAAAACK.

A louder crack, one of the hinges giving way as darkness starts to seep through a small hole. Something about the cloak seems solid, as if something is inside it, and giving it a small shake something hollow hits the ground, roughly spherical in shape, but before you can take a closer look a shrill scraping sound catches your attention as the door is ripped off the wall, the thing tossing it aside like a piece of cardboard as it crashes into the floor of the corridor with a calamitous clatter, and before you know it the storeroom is flooded with shadows and darkness. Instinctively you try and fend for yourself, flailing the cloak futilely as a shriek emanates from the monster, ready to consume your soul as you close your eyes in fear...

Ting!

A small metal object drops from the cloak, and you open your eyes slowly to discover it to be a reasonably sized needle, one which has seen better days with a slight bend in the steel, a blunt tip, yet the head of it is an intricately carved larch woodcut of what seems to be a Shuppet. Further, despite the gnawing fear in your cotton heart the monster seems to have stopped moving at you, instead focused on the cloak dangling from your claws.

"This...Drop..."

The voice startles you, causing you to drop the cloak, and no sooner does it touch the floor than the shadows begin flowing into it, filling it and causing the floppy textile to take some form, the slits in the bottom half appearing to be some sort of eyes cut into what looks like a halloween costume, and the head standing up. It quickly becomes clear what the cloak represents as a childish but reasonably accurate depiction of a Shuppet appears, before some shadows stretch from beneath the cloak and grab the needle and bring it to the cloak. As you watch, you are surprised to see the needle dash suddenly at your body, biting into the fabric before looping around to the wound in your side. With a few deft strokes the leak of ectoplasm is stopped with the wound barely visible, before the cloak speaks in a familiar squeak.

"Neemee find body! Me-me see bang-bang squad so me-me follow! Next me-me knows, me-me wrong body get cut by bad flapper, and bang-bang squad attack! Me-me not know what happen next, but now me-me find self in place! Kyu find man-man to hurt?" Before you can respond, Neemee shuffles over to the other object and looks at it for a couple of seconds as it dawns on you what said object was: a Dusk Ball. A quick scan of the other balls in the room relays to you that it is the only one in the room, and as it hits you, Neemee begins to talk once more.

"Me-me recall now...Neemee was help pokemon of ill man-man, who not have more than year to live. When bang-bang squads came, man-man and Neemee separated, and Neemee ball and body lost under cloths..." Neemee turns to face you, ball clasped in shadowy claws. "Me-me thinks around year since losing man-man, and me-me feel...no, me-me know now that man-man not of world anymore. Neemee sad about that, but same time Neemee know man-man not suffer any more and free to pass on...but kyu came. Kyu help Neemee find self, and Neemee grateful! Neemee know of shortcut out, but we go fast before bang-bang squad know what happen!"

With Neemee seemingly back to the way they were, you quickly point to some of the goods and together the pair of you grab some assorted items and shove them into a small sack before following the strange pokemon out of the storeroom and towards a grate which Neemee hauls up with shadowy claws and beckons you into. Venturing in and following them, the pair of you end up on the outskirts of the city via a small entrance, and gazing up at the sky, you hear an unusual sound, some sort of low droning noise. Looking into the sky, you realise it must be the sanctum's alarm system going off and doubtless the pair of you would have been caught if you dallied any longer. Giving a sigh of relief, you feel a little bummed out that you hadn't gained any personal revenge on the Rockets, but Neemee approaches you with curiosity, staring at your thievings.

Going through the sack, you find you've pilfered a pair of discs, one black and one purple, a rock you recognise as a Moon Stone, some hefty suit of sorts and most interesting of all, an unusual crystalline object with a wispy sort of emblem within, that appears to resonate with you in an unusual way. "Ooh, Neemee knows what kyu have! Ghost power crystal! Neemee heard of it before from man-man, before...oh..."

Neemee's enthusiasm fades as soon as it builds up as they realise they're now alone in the world, and as you hold your loot in your hand a greater weight nestles on the other as you hold the ball of the pokemon in it. While the man had made his final request, would it be crueller to let a lonely yet dangerous pokemon loose on their own, or to bypass the wishes of a dying man in order to give the depressed pokemon a new lease on life? Only you can decide...

ADVENTURE COMPLETED.

On replying to this update you are free to leave with the following items:

x4 Rare Candies for use on either Michael or Silas as you see fit in this reply.
x1 TM Thief.
x1 TM Sludge Bomb.
x1 Moon Stone.
x1 Assault Vest.
x1 Ghostium Z.

You may also, if you wish, claim ownership of one level 23 Male Mimikyu with the Egg Move Nightmare and Shuppet Cloak. While I wish I could have went a bit further with this adventure, time constraints meant I had to cut things a bit shorter, but I hope that the conclusion to your time in Bedlam Ridge is acceptable. Thank you, and good fortune.
Old 12-31-2018, 06:30 PM   #677
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Emi- Not trusting the Marshals in the slightest, you gather yourself and head off in pursuit of Veronica and her grunts. They couldn't be moving too fast, they only had a short lead on you. Scylla assists the Phantump, who gingerly floats behind you as rush through the grove. Despite your best efforts, the trail soon goes cold, how had they managed to escape without leaving any evidence? As you look around for some sign of where they have gone, you notice the Phantump acting quite strange. The Ghost type shimmers, changing its form into that of a young girl. Why did she look so familiar? Wait, was this the same girl from earlier?! The Phantump shimmers again, taking on its original form once more, it certainly was a neat little trick.

"Phannnn Phantump tump", the Phantump floats towards you, producing a couple of items it somehow liberated from the Shells. It seems Scylla was a bit of a bad influence. The Grass type places a couple of disks in your hands, 1x TM Shadow Ball and 1x TM Flamethrower. Not wanting to be shown up, Scylla floats over and presents you with her haul, $500. The Inkay looks around with concern, if you couldn't find the Shells, what would you do?

Scylla gained 2 levels

You can hear sounds of voices getting close, none of them sound familiar, meaning they are likely the Marshals and not the Shells you are pursuing. The Phantump latches onto your arm, it seems it wants to stay with you.

Due to time constraints, your adventure is now complete! You may capture the Phantump if you wish. It is a Female, lvl 10 (gained 2 levels during the conflict) Phantump with the ability Frisk and the unnatural move Bullet Seed. Hope you enjoyed your sped up adventure!

Old 12-31-2018, 09:31 PM   #678
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
Emi- Not trusting the Marshals in the slightest, you gather yourself and head off in pursuit of Veronica and her grunts. They couldn't be moving too fast, they only had a short lead on you. Scylla assists the Phantump, who gingerly floats behind you as rush through the grove. Despite your best efforts, the trail soon goes cold, how had they managed to escape without leaving any evidence? As you look around for some sign of where they have gone, you notice the Phantump acting quite strange. The Ghost type shimmers, changing its form into that of a young girl. Why did she look so familiar? Wait, was this the same girl from earlier?! The Phantump shimmers again, taking on its original form once more, it certainly was a neat little trick.

"Phannnn Phantump tump", the Phantump floats towards you, producing a couple of items it somehow liberated from the Shells. It seems Scylla was a bit of a bad influence. The Grass type places a couple of disks in your hands, 1x TM Shadow Ball and 1x TM Flamethrower. Not wanting to be shown up, Scylla floats over and presents you with her haul, $500. The Inkay looks around with concern, if you couldn't find the Shells, what would you do?

Scylla gained 2 levels

You can hear sounds of voices getting close, none of them sound familiar, meaning they are likely the Marshals and not the Shells you are pursuing. The Phantump latches onto your arm, it seems it wants to stay with you.

Due to time constraints, your adventure is now complete! You may capture the Phantump if you wish. It is a Female, lvl 10 (gained 2 levels during the conflict) Phantump with the ability Frisk and the unnatural move Bullet Seed. Hope you enjoyed your sped up adventure!
Despite taking off and keeping a decent pace, the woman was completely unable to find anything on the Shells and they had managed to get away. 'God damn it. Maybe at some point, I'll be able to take up the trail on them again, but for right now, it seems like I simply will have to give up. Someday I'll get them back, though.' Scylla and the Phantump had caught up as well, and the woman noticed that the Phantump was acting a little bizarre as well. She noticed that the Phantump seemed to be shimmering and changing forms...changing into the girl who had been chased by the grunts earlier. While somebody else might have been overly shocked by this development, the woman just smiled and chuckled. She certainly had gotten her into a lot of trouble. The Phantump floated over, holding a couple of disks in her hand, having liberated a couple of them from the grunts when the woman wasn't looking, and Scylla came over with yet again more cash. The woman smiled and accepted the gifts, stashing them in her pockets, before taking out a Pokeball and tapping it to the Phantump's forehead, catching the clinging Phantump before leaving, not wanting to be caught by the Marshall's for a crime she didn't commit.

"Now then, what shall be your name, little one?"

OoC: Claiming my rewards, thank you! Sorry I let this languish for so long.
Old 01-01-2019, 02:53 AM   #679
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
Crimson Sanctum.

Gemini Spark:
Ghost pokemon are already dead, you can't kill them.

Such a commonly used term by many overconfident trainers or undertutored ones, who would learn the hard way that ghosts were indeed as mortal as they were in previous life as they were in death. As the hammering of the door sounds the toll of the Grim Reaper Himself knocking to claim your soul, you cry out to Silas and take the merciful option to recall him, carefully fumbling at the hellhound's ball and recalling him for safety before wheeling around to the cloak and reaching for it...

Craaaaack.

The hinges of the door began to buckle and cave as you examined the cloak, the buttons stitched haphazardly on the hood. A hood, you notice, that seems to have been sewn up at the front forming some sort of strangely familiar shape, including the point at the top...

CRAAAAAACK.

A louder crack, one of the hinges giving way as darkness starts to seep through a small hole. Something about the cloak seems solid, as if something is inside it, and giving it a small shake something hollow hits the ground, roughly spherical in shape, but before you can take a closer look a shrill scraping sound catches your attention as the door is ripped off the wall, the thing tossing it aside like a piece of cardboard as it crashes into the floor of the corridor with a calamitous clatter, and before you know it the storeroom is flooded with shadows and darkness. Instinctively you try and fend for yourself, flailing the cloak futilely as a shriek emanates from the monster, ready to consume your soul as you close your eyes in fear...

Ting!

A small metal object drops from the cloak, and you open your eyes slowly to discover it to be a reasonably sized needle, one which has seen better days with a slight bend in the steel, a blunt tip, yet the head of it is an intricately carved larch woodcut of what seems to be a Shuppet. Further, despite the gnawing fear in your cotton heart the monster seems to have stopped moving at you, instead focused on the cloak dangling from your claws.

"This...Drop..."

The voice startles you, causing you to drop the cloak, and no sooner does it touch the floor than the shadows begin flowing into it, filling it and causing the floppy textile to take some form, the slits in the bottom half appearing to be some sort of eyes cut into what looks like a halloween costume, and the head standing up. It quickly becomes clear what the cloak represents as a childish but reasonably accurate depiction of a Shuppet appears, before some shadows stretch from beneath the cloak and grab the needle and bring it to the cloak. As you watch, you are surprised to see the needle dash suddenly at your body, biting into the fabric before looping around to the wound in your side. With a few deft strokes the leak of ectoplasm is stopped with the wound barely visible, before the cloak speaks in a familiar squeak.

"Neemee find body! Me-me see bang-bang squad so me-me follow! Next me-me knows, me-me wrong body get cut by bad flapper, and bang-bang squad attack! Me-me not know what happen next, but now me-me find self in place! Kyu find man-man to hurt?" Before you can respond, Neemee shuffles over to the other object and looks at it for a couple of seconds as it dawns on you what said object was: a Dusk Ball. A quick scan of the other balls in the room relays to you that it is the only one in the room, and as it hits you, Neemee begins to talk once more.

"Me-me recall now...Neemee was help pokemon of ill man-man, who not have more than year to live. When bang-bang squads came, man-man and Neemee separated, and Neemee ball and body lost under cloths..." Neemee turns to face you, ball clasped in shadowy claws. "Me-me thinks around year since losing man-man, and me-me feel...no, me-me know now that man-man not of world anymore. Neemee sad about that, but same time Neemee know man-man not suffer any more and free to pass on...but kyu came. Kyu help Neemee find self, and Neemee grateful! Neemee know of shortcut out, but we go fast before bang-bang squad know what happen!"

With Neemee seemingly back to the way they were, you quickly point to some of the goods and together the pair of you grab some assorted items and shove them into a small sack before following the strange pokemon out of the storeroom and towards a grate which Neemee hauls up with shadowy claws and beckons you into. Venturing in and following them, the pair of you end up on the outskirts of the city via a small entrance, and gazing up at the sky, you hear an unusual sound, some sort of low droning noise. Looking into the sky, you realise it must be the sanctum's alarm system going off and doubtless the pair of you would have been caught if you dallied any longer. Giving a sigh of relief, you feel a little bummed out that you hadn't gained any personal revenge on the Rockets, but Neemee approaches you with curiosity, staring at your thievings.

Going through the sack, you find you've pilfered a pair of discs, one black and one purple, a rock you recognise as a Moon Stone, some hefty suit of sorts and most interesting of all, an unusual crystalline object with a wispy sort of emblem within, that appears to resonate with you in an unusual way. "Ooh, Neemee knows what kyu have! Ghost power crystal! Neemee heard of it before from man-man, before...oh..."

Neemee's enthusiasm fades as soon as it builds up as they realise they're now alone in the world, and as you hold your loot in your hand a greater weight nestles on the other as you hold the ball of the pokemon in it. While the man had made his final request, would it be crueller to let a lonely yet dangerous pokemon loose on their own, or to bypass the wishes of a dying man in order to give the depressed pokemon a new lease on life? Only you can decide...

ADVENTURE COMPLETED.

On replying to this update you are free to leave with the following items:

x4 Rare Candies for use on either Michael or Silas as you see fit in this reply.
x1 TM Thief.
x1 TM Sludge Bomb.
x1 Moon Stone.
x1 Assault Vest.
x1 Ghostium Z.

You may also, if you wish, claim ownership of one level 23 Male Mimikyu with the Egg Move Nightmare and Shuppet Cloak. While I wish I could have went a bit further with this adventure, time constraints meant I had to cut things a bit shorter, but I hope that the conclusion to your time in Bedlam Ridge is acceptable. Thank you, and good fortune.
It was inevitable for the door to be pulled away from the room, and at that point there was nothing left between Michael and the monstrosity save the odd-looking cloak Michael held in his hands, which audibly dropped something out as he fumbled with it. He shut his eyes as he prepared for the end, but then something else hit the ground with a softer sound. The Banette dared to open his eyes and saw what looked to be a sewing needle on the floor, and a large one at that. He may not have been sure what a sewing needle was doing in that moment, but the wooden carving on the head of it was unmistakable: a Shuppet! And at that point, a guttural voice bellowed from the creature that compelled Michael to follow the words: "This...Drop..."

He immediately let go of the cloak, which also looked like it had Shuppet features now that he saw it closely, before the creature quickly stuffed itself inside the cloak, forming what looked almost like a real Shuppet except for an extra pair of eyes on the bottom part of the costume, what Michael could only assume were its real eyes. Once that was done, the creature picked up the sewing needle using a shadowy hand before thrusting it at the tear in Michael's torso. Before he could move to rip it out, the needle began to close the tear, keeping the ectoplasm from leaking further. "Uh...thanks?" said Michael before the creature spoke in a very familiar voice.

"Neemee find body! Me-me see bang-bang squad so me-me follow! Next me-me knows, me-me wrong body get cut by bad flapper, and bang-bang squad attack! Me-me not know what happen next, but now me-me find self in place! Kyu find man-man to hurt?"

"Uh, well, I did..." Michael began to explain before Neemee shuffled towards the other object that dropped earlier: a Dusk Ball. Glancing about, he didn't see any other Pokeball like it, which was when his eyes widened; everything pieced together at that point. "Wait a sec, Neemee, you're-"

"Me-me recall now...Neemee was help pokemon of ill man-man, who not have more than year to live. When bang-bang squads came, man-man and Neemee separated, and Neemee ball and body lost under cloths..." Neemee then brought the Dusk Ball over to Michael and faced him with their Shuppet head drooping. "Me-me thinks around year since losing man-man, and me-me feel...no, me-me know now that man-man not of world anymore. Neemee sad about that, but same time Neemee know man-man not suffer any more and free to pass on...but kyu came. Kyu help Neemee find self, and Neemee grateful! Neemee know of shortcut out, but we go fast before bang-bang squad know what happen!"

"Yeah, let's grab some stuff, we should have a minute or so for that, then we're out of here." He was a little haphazard given the amount of time there was before there would be dozens of goons on the ghosts, but they got together a nice, little haul before Neemee brought them to the grate, another path they could take out of the citadel without risking capture by the Shells. In fact, they exited the path completely outside the city, and just in time too, as he heard alarms going off inside the Crimson Sanctum, who knows what would have happened if the Ghost-types stayed in there any longer...

As Neemee looked to Michael to see what he had gotten, the Banette commented on what he pulled out: "Let's see, some TMs, a Moon Stone, that might come in handy, some army clothes...whoa, what's this?"

"Ooh, Neemee knows what kyu have! Ghost power crystal! Neemee heard of it before from man-man, before...oh..."

"Ghost...power crystal? Wait, it's a Z-Crystal, I've seen some of the others with them! And a Ghost one, huh? Well, it's not what I'm really looking for, but it'll do for now~" His zipper grin widens as he pocketed the Ghostium Z for himself, but as he was about to put his older item in the bag, he looked towards the Pokemon, realizing that releasing him may not be the best idea. But he promised that dying man that he would...but that was before he knew...

He donned his human disguise and placed a hand on Neemee's head--well, the Shuppet-looking head, anyway. "Neemee, there's something you need to know. You see, I...I met your trainer," he confessed. "When he was in his...final moments. And I told him I would release the Pokemon he had, that was his wish to me." He looked down at the ground before continuing, "But he didn't know...if he knew we had met earlier, he...he might have wished for something else. I think he would be okay with you...coming along with me!"

"Me-me coming along with kyu?" the puppet perked up at this.

"Yeah! Technically, I'm a Pokemon owned by another trainer, but I'm sure he'll be fine making room for another on the team; he's done it plenty of times in the past. Plus, he's a lot younger than your last trainer, pretty healthy too! So how about it?" he said, even pulling out the Skull of Forgotten Souls that he had with him all this time, offering it to the Mimikyu.

"Yes, yes, Neemee go with kyu, very good-good~" he said, his shadow hands grasping onto the skull and pulling it into his cloth, storing it there for whenever he needed it.

"Hehe, I figured you'd say that! Now to figure out how I'm gonna explain all this to Hyrem..." he said, walking with Neemee away from Bedlam Ridge and looking back a couple of times, still holding Neemee's Dusk Ball; maybe his reputation with the Shells will pay off down the road...

What a sentimental idiot you are...

{Aaaaa, thanks so much! It was a lot of fun exploring what Michael is like when Hyrem isn't around! See you around!}

Zone Capture!! A Lv. 23 Male Mimikyu (EM Nightmare and Shuppet Cloak accessory) has joined the party!
Claim:
4 Rare Candies
TM Thief
TM Sludge Bomb
Moon Stone
Assault Vest
Ghostium Z

Use: 4 Rare Candies on Banette
Level Up! Banette grew from Lv. 61 to Lv. 65!

Also going to let Michael hold the Ghostium Z, while Neemee gets the Skull of Forgotten Souls hand-me-down from Michael! Thanks for the "kyuteness"!

Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Twitch | YouTube | Twitter | Wild Future
Old 01-01-2019, 06:02 PM   #680
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
Let's not call it farewell...we'll say it's a break for the time being.

"Lieutenant. Permission to enter?"

"Granted, officer."

For Nicholas Forrest, this was the most stressful moment of his life so far. Ever since the doors of Goldenridge City opened for mercenary support over a year and a half ago, the stalemate between the feuding Shells, Ribs and Marshals had slowly broken in favour of the city's police force, and today he had been called in personally by Kyle Vicefeder to deliver his report on the front. Far from green, Forrest had often been not quite on the front lines of conflict, but more a support role and serving as cleanup for most of his career in the Goldenridge Marshals, yet here he was thrust into a position of importance impromptly.

He swallowed dryly as he entered the lieutenant's office and stood to attention before the man. It was less out of respect, and more due to Vicefeder's presence, given the size of the man, grey eyes showing signs of fatigue and hardship over an extensive career. Ever since the bastion fell, the man had effectively taken up the mantle of Goldenridge's chief authority, and had done more in the past twenty months or so than the council had in the past decade.

"Officer, your report," the commander stated clearly, no exhaustion in the tone of voice. That was always something that Forrest had liked about Vicefeder: the man was extremely well composed even in the face of imminent danger and bad news. Offered a seat, the younger man gingerly took it, leafing through the sheets to ensure nothing had went amiss.

"Thank you, lieutenant. To begin the report, the rate of criminal incidents around the headquarters and surrounding districts has plummeted, in no small part to our officers and security, while repairs to infrastructure on the northern reaches of the city have went without incident. Regarding the Crystal Grove," pausing for breath, "we have recently apprehended a Shell field commander and her accomplices and currently have the held in our cells on suspicion of attempted terrorist activity."

"Acceptable. What of the outcome of the Black Scarab incident?"

"The late officer's Chespin appears to have been taken under the wing of the Scarab's victor, and following the response of medical support we have almost fully evacuated the grove's residents. On investigation to the tunnels beneath, we have reason to believe that the Shells had used them as a smuggling operation that has been thoroughly crushed, and of our intel the Shells are undergoing a current upheaval. Tensions in the Sanctum are high, and I believe it will not be long until a major mistake is made by their command."

Vicefeder growled. "Argentus is no fool. What low morale amidst the Shells he is more than capable of overcoming, yet without proof of heritage his claim to the proverbial throne of Goldenridge can be contested. What of the other side of things?"

"Many of the mercenary trainers have ventured to the Shiny Heights and the reports we have received show definitive signs of improvement, with numerous families and friends successfully leaving the region, while the Ribs have pulled out of the area, apparently under direct orders from Piper..."

"She's got more sense than the Shells, that's for certain..."

"Regarding the quarry, the radiation levels within have appeared to subside, and work has resumed to rebuild, though the occasional grip of the Ribs continues with unsupervised exploitation and excavation. Regarding the commercial district, it remains tightly within the grips of the Ribs, although from what these reports say, their numbers have thinned slightly as some of their members have called quits. However..."

"Let me guess. Some of the trainers we opened the doors to have found haven among their numbers..." the commander frowned, rubbing his brow. "I had the feeling this would be the case, but regardless of their choices, has the overall criminal activity throughout the city abated?"

"Yes, lieutenant. Over the past twenty months, crime overall has fallen by seventy percent, while the number of severe and fatal incidents has dropped to an average of one every two weeks from four every week. There have of course been some cases of major damage - I bring up the Black Scarab case to point - but as far as trends show, the city is at a point where the marshals could potentially bring everything under control, and the war against the Shells and Ribs would be forecasted to end by this time next year. If we could recruit more trai-"

"No."

"L-lieutenant?" Forrest almost dropped his reports, taken aback by the statement of his commanding officer.

"We will not be forced into calling more innocents into the city to fight our war. Earlier this morning, I received a communique from the Fizzytopian Armed Forces, specifically from General Rosalyn Harbriggs. She has dispatched a platoon for the sole purpose of bringing down the marquis, despite my declaration that military support would not be necessary..." the tall man lowered his head, clearly shamed from the situation.

"Lieutenant, are you well?"

"Officer, we are alone. I must confide in you, as much as I detest Harbriggs, the fact of the matter is that we are stretched thin as we are, and with her forces ready, the whole matter of the Shells is mostly out of our hands. The Ribs on the other hand..."

Rising from his seat, Vicefeder slowly marched towards his cabinet and opened it, rifling through the contents. "Personally, what would you suggest the best course of action would be for us?"

"My opinion, sir?" Forrest grit his teeth, he had an ill feeling in his gut. "Wouldn't this be a query more suited for Sergeant Ehrmantraut?" Vicefeder's response was dropping a file before the man, and opening it revealed a sight he wasn't ready for.

"Sergeant Ehrmantraut's dead, Forrest. Killed in action against a major firefight between the Shells and Ribs, three trainers missing in action. You understand that myself and him go back a good couple of decades..." the lieutenant sniffed, sorrow betraying his stoic facade. "The fight ultimately ended in a pyrrhic victory for us, but this is why I've called you in here. This other file...is yours. You see, an opportunity has risen that will allow us to discover once and for all what truly happened in the Bastion, and I intend to use that opportunity to put the Ribs down once and for all."

"What opportunity, sir?"

Vicefeder stood upright once more, before taking a glass from a cupboard as well as a bottle of fine rum, fire in those grey eyes that hadn't been there for months.

"Officer - no, Sergeant Forrest, I ask you to relay my orders to all personnel. All resources on the border of Shell territory are to be withdrawn and put into total evacuation of the Crystal Grove and Shiny Heights, effective immediately. All other personnel are to report to the southwestern barracks in one week's time, under Code Platinum conditions."

"C-code Platinum!? Sir, are you certain? Code Platinum is..." Forrest's words were interrupted by the glass being placed in his hands, Kyle's eyes speaking volumes on the situation, before he gave but a single nod and returned to his seat and dismissing the new sergeant. Forrest left the office, closing the door and promptly downing the rum in one gulp, before he wondered on the number of sheets of gilded paper by the lieutenant's desk, opting not to question, and wringing his hands as he left to carry out the commands.

'Code Platinum...full city lockdown and removal of restraint on partner pokemon for all out assault...something big is going down.'

---

As of now, Bedlam Ridge is CLOSED as a zone, and any ongoing adventures are considered Concluded.

When I first created Bedlam Ridge, it was at a time of great change for Fizzy Bubbles, something to tide us over as a transitionary zone for our community to participate in until new zones were created. While some may not have been a fan of the zone, I feel it has served its purpose and this chapter of the story can officially be closed. However, that is not to say that the tale is truly over, as I've got something in the pipelines to give this zone some proper closure.

I would like to extend my thanks to everyone who has adventured within Bedlam Ridge, and with special thanks to the zone's updators, with honourable mentions to TheKnightsFury, CyberBlastoise and Maskerade for their support in helping out during the zone's twilight months. It's been a major weight off my shoulders, and I am truly grateful for the creativity of everyone involved in the zone.

Watch this space, friends.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records