UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment

Old 11-09-2013, 12:21 AM   #1
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Schadenfreude
Survivor - Outwit, Outlast, Outplay

I'm not sure how many people here are following Survivor or have followed Survivor in the past, but has anybody up to date with Survivor: Blood vs Water? For somebody who has rather disappointed with the last few Survivor seasons, the current season is a throwback to the great, earlier seasons: it is just as unpredictable.

...Surely I'm the only one who follows this show?
Schadenfreude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 01:57 PM   #2
dirkac
uhhhhh

ok

Sooooo I will admit I have not watched any Season past HvV :I
MAfia got me back into it, and I just noticed now I never actually watched Panama or Cook Islands so I decided to watch those (Terry is a dick). Also rewatched China because it's my favourite for funzies.

So uhhh, looking forward to Koh Rong and Second Chance sure but I'll be gonna watch all the seasons I missed first.

Not much else, figured may as well revive if anyone also watches and wants to talk :I

EDIT: jesus christ brad
"do you trust your tribe"
"no"

Last edited by dirkac; 08-11-2015 at 03:28 PM.
dirkac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 03:06 AM   #3
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
ok

Sooooo I will admit I have not watched any Season past HvV :I
MAfia got me back into it, and I just noticed now I never actually watched Panama or Cook Islands so I decided to watch those (Terry is a dick). Also rewatched China because it's my favourite for funzies.

So uhhh, looking forward to Koh Rong and Second Chance sure but I'll be gonna watch all the seasons I missed first.

Not much else, figured may as well revive if anyone also watches and wants to talk :I

EDIT: jesus christ brad
"do you trust your tribe"
"no"
Out of the post-HvV seasons, a lot of them are shit, but here are good ones:

Philippines, Caramoan (YMMV), Blood vs Water, Cagayan: Brains vs Brawn vs Beauty, San Juan Del Sur/SJDS.

Watch those seasons. They're great shit. Yeah, the China/Micronesia/Gabon trio of seasons were great. BvW/Cagayan/SJDS is a similarly strong trio.
Old 08-12-2015, 05:07 AM   #4
dirkac
uhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schadenfreude View Post
Out of the post-HvV seasons, a lot of them are shit, but here are good ones:

Philippines, Caramoan (YMMV), Blood vs Water, Cagayan: Brains vs Brawn vs Beauty, San Juan Del Sur/SJDS.

Watch those seasons. They're great shit. Yeah, the China/Micronesia/Gabon trio of seasons were great. BvW/Cagayan/SJDS is a similarly strong trio.
Thanks then, I'll start watching those then probably, and catch up to the ones I missed after that.

Oh and definitely, China-Gabon were great imo.
Old 08-12-2015, 05:48 AM   #5
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
I also started watching out of a combination of boredom and having my interest piqued by Survivor UPN. Watched Cagayan, Samoa and HvV.

So having watched two seasons of Russell Hantz; he's exceptional at controlling the vote but doesn't have the first clue about how to win over a jury, to the point of not seeming to even realise that winning over the jury is part of the game at all, let alone how important it is. Makes him kind of a mediocre player over all. He's entertaining to watch though.
Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 08:23 AM   #6
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept View Post
I also started watching out of a combination of boredom and having my interest piqued by Survivor UPN. Watched Cagayan, Samoa and HvV.

So having watched two seasons of Russell Hantz; he's exceptional at controlling the vote but doesn't have the first clue about how to win over a jury, to the point of not seeming to even realise that winning over the jury is part of the game at all, let alone how important it is. Makes him kind of a mediocre player over all. He's entertaining to watch though.

^^^^

Russell knows how to get to the end, but he fails at managing the Jury. At least Tony knew how to not actively piss off his Jury. The difference is that Russell seemed to relish hurting people. If you enjoyed HvV, Concept, you should watch Micronesia. That is Parvati, Amanda, and Cirie's season. That season would explain all the complex relationships in HvV. i.e. why everybody was so gung-ho about getting Parvati/Cirie/Amanda out.
Old 08-12-2015, 08:25 AM   #7
dirkac
uhhhhh

Quote:

Yeah, to me the fact Russell doesn't even aknowledge the Jury part at all really makes all of his moves pointless to me. Sure he can control the vote, but it means nothing if he can't even get votes on FTC.

Though then again I also hate him as a character. I think he's annoying and grating to watch, and in general is massively predictable because of his For The Evulz aura and to me really sucks any kind of fun the seasons he has been in would have been. He single-handedly ruined HvV for me, which could have been a great season since six of my favourite contestants returned in it (Cirie, James, Danielle, Courtney, and Sandra :U) and Samoa and "RobvRussell" was incredibly bland. I was so happy to see him not be a completely pointless finalist though and give that spot to someone who actually deserved it.
Old 08-12-2015, 08:34 AM   #8
Deebs
You sayin' I like dudes?

Send a message via Skype™ to Deebs
PARVATI <3
Old 08-12-2015, 08:40 AM   #9
dirkac
uhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deebs View Post
PARVATI <3
Oh yeah her.

Obviously I liked her best in Micronesia. In Cook she was basically a nonentity and in HvV she decided to pull that whole "teehee hey Dani I have two Hidden Immunity Idols and were not telling Russell nya". Like for all my hatred of Russell, his vote controlling really was not a smart move for her to do that, and also got Danielle voted off :I
Old 08-28-2015, 01:25 PM   #10
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Micronesia is probably my favourite season on of the best alliances ever. Watched all the seasons. Watched 1-20 within one year then rewatched them shortly after iirc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miror
EK keeping up his streak of being the scummiest motherfucker to ever grace mafia games regardless of his actual alignment
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuckle View Post
Well I don't know I wanted to deal damage and Starmie is inorganic :X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercutio View Post
Starmie is a starfish, it is not inorganic :p
Quote:
Kush I'm TL1. How am I supposed to know things if you don't tell me them?
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:
I have 1 SP. Retroactively claiming the SP tax on all the things I did whilst LO.

I now have 1 SP.
Eliteknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 07:02 AM   #11
Schadenfreude
Volcano Badge

The Survivor Cambodia Premiere is this Wednesday, right before the Big Brother Finale. The intro for Cambodia is up:

BORKED
Old 10-30-2015, 11:43 AM   #12
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Im loving this season so far, a lot of blindsides and a seemingly non-bitter all star season so far which is nice to see

Quote:
EK keeping up his streak of being the scummiest motherfucker to ever grace mafia games regardless of his actual alignment
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:
I have 1 SP. Retroactively claiming the SP tax on all the things I did whilst LO.

I now have 1 SP.
Old 03-04-2016, 02:12 AM   #13
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

So opinions of Koah Rong?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment