Original Gangsters

.... no?
Old 09-25-2012, 10:03 PM   #15202
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treepandaone View Post
.... no?
...Then you have the same problem I do. XD Hopefully I'll be able to figure it out and show you.

(Not answering the nickname thing now because I have in the past and the repeated topics are getting kinda tiresome, especially with a full team. ^^; )
Old 09-25-2012, 10:22 PM   #15203
uhhhhh
Beloved Mascot

Send a message via Skype™ to uhhhhh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion Ette View Post
I have no idea! I'll have to talk with Bal about it at some point. I don't think there's an official "procedure" for Pokemon weddings, but I'm sure we'll figure something out...
Pokemon wedding eh? If you guys need a photographer, you know who to call. XD
Old 09-25-2012, 10:28 PM   #15204
tau
Cascade Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to tau
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhhhhh View Post
Pokemon wedding eh? If you guys need a photographer, you know who to call. XD
*Is a musician, volunteers to play the reception? x3*
Old 09-25-2012, 10:35 PM   #15205
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever really gone into a full list of why each of my Pokemon has their particular nickname... Since I've finished grading for tonight, I may as well list 'em:

Spoiler: show
Minerva (Banette) - Roman name for the goddess Athena. Minerva is a rather complex, wrath-filled being, much like the gods and goddesses of yore. She is associated with wisdom, and though Minerva certainly has her moments of inconsolable fury, she also has the potential to be very wise, and often advises Marion on various issues.

August (Dragonite) - August was born in the month of August. Talk about creative, right? XP

Sangre (Crobat) - Spanish for "blood". Makes sense for a Crobat.

Aislyn (Ninetales) - A pretty name meaning "dream/vision". It's a reference to my Ninetales' beauty and hypnotic abilities.

Liliana (Duskull) - Took the name from Liliana Vess, a Planeswalker from Magic: The Gathering. Not really significant so much as I just like that name.

Bedivere (Frillish) - The name of one of the Knights of the Round Table. He withnessed the death of King Arthur and he was also the one who cast his legendary sword back into the lake. Since Bedivere is a noble sort (and a water type to boot), I thought it fitting.

Taran (Joltik) - A name meaning "thunder," which is also short for "tarantula" in little Taran's case, since he will evolve into a spider-like creature.

Gwyn (Litwick) - The name of the Lord of Cinder in Dark Souls, as well as a mythical Lord of the Underworld. A very fitting name for a ghost/fire type.

Cheshire (Gastly) - Suggested by GS, but honestly, how could you not name a Gastly Cheshire? Just look at that grin! Plus, he can disappear and reappear just like the famous cat.

Sakura/Sumika (Nincada) - Sakura was the name that Balmund had chosen for Nincada, and out of respect for his choice, I kept it for Nincada. Sumika is her "ghost half" which will evolve into Shedinja, and from what I understand, her name means "dwelling/house/residence" in Japanese (Talon can likely correct me if I'm wrong on that).

Murmur (Drifloon) - The name of a horrific demon, and also a soft sound (like a whisper). It's supposed to capture my Drifloon, who is a small and cute puff of air, but also has dreams of overthrowing the Ruler of the Underworld and becoming King himself.

For future Pokemon, I've decided on Chione for a female Snorunt, and Astera for a female Magikarp (a reference to the Gyarados who lived behind the Red Door when I was ZO of the Mansion). Oh, and my Rotom's name will be Xana.

As for the Dragon Wedding... maybe a thread in the TO, sorta like the bar, only RPing the special event...? That's one idea, anyhow. That way, a bunch of people can show up and wreak havoc join in the festivities~

FB Member Post
FB Memakyu
FB Affinity Avenue

Credit to Pengyzu for my user bar. Thank you!

Last edited by Marion Ette; 09-26-2012 at 08:41 AM.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:10 PM   #15206
hen da man
Rainbow Badge

Send a message via MSN to hen da man
Guysssss, should I adopt the Seedot or the Murkrow in the adoption centre!? I want both >.<

Daisy is just the best for making the battlecut!

I am now a C+ ref!!

PASBL 2.0 Test Squad

FB
Fizzy Bubbles
- Houndour - Lv. 12
- Heracross - Lv. 12
- Murkrow - Lv. 5

A great quote from Tdos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyranidos View Post
I think i catch my typos but i keep typoing my typos so then i just dont even bother trying toc rrecty them because i will jeust keep typoing forever

edit: also any kids reading this dont drink it fucks u pyour brannreal bad
Old 09-25-2012, 11:14 PM   #15207
hen da man
Rainbow Badge

True, Shiftry is like my favourite surprise mon in competitive battling so I want one one day but Honchkrow is a boss. So I will go for murkrow. :P

I am now a C+ ref!!

PASBL 2.0 Test Squad

FB
Fizzy Bubbles
- Houndour - Lv. 12
- Heracross - Lv. 12
- Murkrow - Lv. 5

A great quote from Tdos
Quote:
I think i catch my typos but i keep typoing my typos so then i just dont even bother trying toc rrecty them because i will jeust keep typoing forever

Old 09-25-2012, 11:20 PM   #15208
tau
Cascade Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to tau
I don't see how people drink Uplands. I have no problem with hoppy beers, but this is just awful.

Also has anyone seen 'In Bruges'? I heard it was good but I don't wanna rent it without more of a statement than "Eh, s'okay."
Old 09-25-2012, 11:23 PM   #15209
Talon87
時の彼方へ

If the gender is right, you could ask dosuser about his Murkrow. He might be willing to trade it to you for the same price or lower than the Adoption Center. He gets candies, you still get your Murkrow. Something to think about.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:33 PM   #15210
Acio29619
Thunder Badge

Damn, this place moves so fast. But lurking here is worth it, what with egg hatch results being posted here and being a good read in general. Today's lurking brought me the Kongiku picture I never saw before . 3

Nicknames: It would have been cool if you guys did James the x, August the y, etc, but it was still fun to look through. Cool idea for Exeggcute too, MM.

I'm 21 and don't drink and don't plan to. Just that one time when I was a kid I had a bit.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:49 PM   #15211
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acio29619 View Post
Nicknames: It would have been cool if you guys did James the x, August the y, etc, but it was still fun to look through. Cool idea for Exeggcute too, MM..
Thanks! And yeah, it kinda would've made sense to put what their species are, wouldn't it? I'll do that now, though you've probably checked my member post to see who's who. For future reference, Gemini is a Weezing, Hebenon is a Qwilfish, Jams is a Vileplume, Nagini is an Arbok, Hedwig is a Crobat, Lily is a Venomoth, Sirius is a Mightyena, Malfoy is a Croagunk, Goyle is a Victreebel, Marvolo is a Seviper, Pomona is an Ivysaur, Peeves is a Duskull, Salazar is a Venipede, Crabbe is a Gulpin, Scorpius is a Skorupi, Myrtle is a Shuppet, and Luna is a Woobat.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:35 AM   #15212
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Dang, I missed a bunch of stuff here in TO... You guys are too active!

1) I don't drink or smoke, period. I also tend to shy away from caffiene sodas, mainly because I've tried Coke/Coca-Cola and just didn't like it.

2) Leila, quit bothering Talon! Laika and Sirius are right here, go play with them! Sorry about that... please don't ramble! >_<

3) I'll have you know that Amethyst and Marvolo unknowingly base their courtship off of Orchrist and Sothe's... without the violence... not yet, at least. >_<

4) Sewaddle, Goldeen, and Murkrow aren't really on my want list at all, sorry to those trying to trade their hatches away!

5) I know for a fact Ariden hatched a Skorupi and traded it to MM. I think he's looking for a... well, actually, I haven't a clue. I don't think he's hatched a Seviper yet, though... >=D

6) I tend to give nicknames based on the personalities I have for my Pokemon.

Sera (Kirlia): Short for "seraphim", which is another word for angel... she totally is an angel, btw.
Daphne (Nuzleaf): ME's suggestion, I think it was a popular name for dryad, plus I like the idea of possibly referencing "Danger Prone Daphne"! XD
Sarkhan (Druddigon): Named after the draconic planeswalker in Magic: The Gathering. He's even a fanboy for other powerful dragons like Sarkhan Vol is!
Amethyst (Seviper): She's got purple streaks, plus I wanted her name to be based somewhat off of Balmund's Orchrist.
Delilah (Chinchou): Honestly, I just liked this name for her because it sounded really bright. And it works so well! I luvz my Delilah! *hugs*
Laika (Poochyena): Named after the first dog in space AND Searchman's operator, Raika, in Megaman NT Warrior. I could easily picture this little puppy jumping to the moon, he's that hyper. Thank goodness he's asleep right now with me and Aislyn!
Seshiro (Ekans): Also named after a character in Magic: The Gathering, specifically the Kamigawa block.
Leila (Sneasel): Just the name I had planned for a female Sneasel. It just plain fits, though.
Icarus (Skarmory): He's so cocky, I can see him flying too close to the sun like his namesake!

Future Nicknames: I'm keeping nicknames for my potential zone captures and some egg hatches/wants a secret, but here's a few I think the general populace will like:

Male Charmander: Totally would be named Natsu after the character from Fairy Tail. I'm all fired up about getting one now!
Seshiro's possible child, if he breeds with a lady Ekans/Arbok: If it's a girl, it'd be Sachi, and if it's a boy, he'd be named Sosuke.
Male Skorupi: Shiny or not, he'd be named Sasori. Fits even better if he's a shiny.
Female Deino: Tiamat. Because she'd be a multi-headed dragon goddess once fully evolved!
Male Solosis: Maybe Jace, though I'm not sold on that yet.
If I somehow got an Articuno (instead of a Lugia), I'd call her Anivia. Ice Phoenix ftw!
Male Absol: Just thought of it, but I'd name him either Zeref or Jellal.

Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Twitch | YouTube | Twitter | Wild Future
Old 09-26-2012, 02:09 AM   #15213
hen da man
Rainbow Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini Spark View Post
Male Absol: Just thought of it, but I'd name him either Zeref or Jellal.
Is that a Fairy Tail reference? Or what show is that from?

I am now a C+ ref!!

PASBL 2.0 Test Squad

FB
Fizzy Bubbles
- Houndour - Lv. 12
- Heracross - Lv. 12
- Murkrow - Lv. 5

A great quote from Tdos
Quote:

Old 09-26-2012, 02:49 AM   #15214
Kori Gotcha
Boulder Badge

It has to be Fairy Tail. No other story I know of has those two names in it.

If anyone still cares to know, I don't smoke regularly but I don't shy away from it and I drink. I enjoy certain alcohols. I enjoy the taste of certain beers. People who say it all tastes the same 100% of the time hasn't tasted very much if at all and has more than likely only had the cheap stuff which leads to automatic bias. If you don't want to try it, good for you, I'll enjoy it. There were some posts in here where I couldn't help but sense hint of an undeserved sense of superiority given the subject so I had to weigh in as a counter.

Last edited by Kori Gotcha; 09-26-2012 at 02:57 AM.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:55 AM   #15215
hen da man
Rainbow Badge

I haven't watched Fairy Tail but I know a few other people on forums that do and I have heard the names thrown around a bit and I wasn't sure whether it was that show or another. :P

I am now a C+ ref!!

PASBL 2.0 Test Squad

FB
Fizzy Bubbles
- Houndour - Lv. 12
- Heracross - Lv. 12
- Murkrow - Lv. 5

A great quote from Tdos
Quote:

Old 09-26-2012, 04:04 AM   #15216
MarbleZone
Soul Badge

I only have 2 Pokemon missing from my dream team, and only 1 slot... Oh well, gotta start working harder on that upgrade!
As for their nicknames, I'm definitely calling my future Mankey Spike (since I'll only be keeping a male), and haven't really decided on my Ducklett's, since it'll be largely depend on its gender.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:09 AM   #15217
Kelntin
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini Spark View Post
5) I know for a fact Ariden hatched a Skorupi and traded it to MM. I think he's looking for a... well, actually, I haven't a clue. I don't think he's hatched a Seviper yet, though... >=D
I've heard that idea being tossed around a few times now, I think it was by Keith last time.

Seviper, just so you know I'm not shady.
Old 09-26-2012, 06:59 AM   #15218
hen da man
Rainbow Badge

At my tennis tournament today, I looked at my sister's draw and their was a girl named Yuki playing. All I could think of in that instant was lilblue :P

I am now a C+ ref!!

PASBL 2.0 Test Squad

FB
Fizzy Bubbles
- Houndour - Lv. 12
- Heracross - Lv. 12
- Murkrow - Lv. 5

A great quote from Tdos
Quote:

Old 09-26-2012, 08:12 AM   #15219
kaisap112
Volcano Badge

Just a question: are battlecuts a PASBL-thing or can FB-members have ones too?

Also, if anyone is interested in a Meowth, I've got a male one I'm willing to part with for a Candy.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:38 AM   #15220
DaisyInari
Sarasaland represent!

Send a message via MSN to DaisyInari
Altaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisap112 View Post
Just a question: are battlecuts a PASBL-thing or can FB-members have ones too?
My services are for everyone! But battlecuts are special in that it'll have to cost you :o

Still not sure if you're allowed to use rare candies as payment for this sort of thing though!

Hi, I'm Daisy!

W(DQ)- 22(3) L(DQ)-14(0)
KO-55
TP-131 SP- 64.5/96.5 (5SP to Deh, 5SP to FW, 5SP to Desert Spirit, 8.5SP to Fallen Icarus, 10SP to Kyro12, 8SP to Charminions, 10 to aposteriori)
SHUCKS I GOTTA FIX THIS SOMETIME
~TL3~

~Fizzy Bubbles~

Credits to Charm for making this!

Come, my birdies!!!! Mwahahahaha!!!!!!

Thanks Pingu for being so nice and making me this~

Credit to TheKnightsFury for the sprite!

Fear my abnormally large signature~

Be Positive Ref~ I <3 you, Lonely Cubone and those who eval'd me~
Old 09-26-2012, 08:56 AM   #15221
jolteonjak
Volcano Badge

Battlecuts are cool, but I'm afraid that if I get a sig after all this time it'll screw the place up. hehehe
Old 09-26-2012, 09:24 AM   #15222
uhhhhh
Beloved Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyInari View Post
My services are for everyone! But battlecuts are special in that it'll have to cost you :o

Still not sure if you're allowed to use rare candies as payment for this sort of thing though!
Shame, I really wanted one of those.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:29 AM   #15223
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Yeah, that's what's keeping me from getting a couple of battlecuts myself, it's that I'm not a PASBLer and can't pay her in SP or stuff like that.

And yes, I was referencing Fairy Tail with those names. =D

Battlecut made by the crazy Daisy! *happy snek sounds*
Twitch | YouTube | Twitter | Wild Future
Old 09-26-2012, 09:37 AM   #15224
uhhhhh
Beloved Mascot

Have I also mentioned how much I wanted a trainer sprite for my character as well? :V
Old 09-26-2012, 10:03 AM   #15225
Treepandaone
Original Gangsters

If, like me, you have never had a signature and get one, previous / past posts will not include a signature. After that you just need to remember to click the button not to show signature in the bottom right.

As for payment Daisy could make one and you could trade a candy for a berry or something, but you might want to check with a mod before hand :x.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out