UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON > Rate My Team

Old 07-09-2012, 11:25 AM   #1
Slash
Silver LO

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
What goes up...

A few ideas got tossed around for me, and I found myself thinking I should out together a half-arsed Gravity team. So... woo. Keep in mind I use Item Clause. Also PO.

Garbodor (M) @ Lum Berry
Stench (As I do not believe Aftermath is released)
Impish Nature, 200 HP/200 Def/108 SpDef
Spikes
Toxic Spikes
Gunk Shot
Pain Split

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Heatproof
Calm Nature, 252 HP/4 Def/252 SpDef
Hypnosis
Gravity
Psychic
Stealth Rock

Clefable @ Life Orb
Magic Guard
Timid Nature, 108 HP/200 SpA/200 Spd
Gravity
Blizzard
Thunder
Softboiled

Dusknoir @ Expert Belt
Pressure
Adamant Nature, 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
DynamicPunch
Pain Split
Shadow Sneak
Earthquake

Sableye @ Focus Sash
Prankster
Bold Nature, 252 HP/200 Def/156 SpDef
Gravity
Recover
Will-O-Wisp
Foul Play

Mamoswine @ Choice Scarf
Thick Fat (if released. Snow Cloak otherwise)
Adamant Nature, 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Icicle Crash
Ice Shard
Earthquake
Stone Edge

Just remember I'm not exactly a competitive battler, and I still think, at best, in terms of Gen IV meta. Critique meant to help is appreciated.
KAIRNE I WILL RIP OFF YOUR SCROTUM AND FEED IT TO YOU THROUGH A FUCKING SWIRLY STRAW.

Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:22 AM   #2
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairne View Post
A few ideas got tossed around for me, and I found myself thinking I should out together a half-arsed Gravity team. So... woo. Keep in mind I use Item Clause. Also PO.

Garbodor (M) @ Lum Berry
Spikes
Toxic Spikes
Gunk Shot
Pain Split

There are much better spikers than Garbodor. You might want to consider Tentacruel, as it gives a Fire resistence that is helpful.

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Heatproof
Hypnosis
Gravity
Psychic
Stealth Rock

Use a +Sp.Def -Spd nature and switch out Psychic for Gyro Ball. You also might want Toxic over Hypnosis.

Clefable @ Life Orb
Magic Guard
Gravity
Blizzard
Thunder
Softboiled

Can't see anything wrong with this, although I am pretty sure that Starmie gets Gravity and is a better Special Attacker.

Dusknoir @ Expert Belt
Pressure
DynamicPunch
Pain Split
Shadow Sneak
Earthquake

This should still work. I can't think of a better replacement for him just yet though. Dusknoir isn't the most powerful.

Sableye @ Focus Sash
Prankster
Gravity
Recover
Will-O-Wisp
Foul Play

This is a good set.

Mamoswine @ Choice Scarf
Icicle Crash
Ice Shard
Earthquake
Stone Edge

Ice Shard on a Scarf set it really redundant. It might be better to use Superpower.

Just remember I'm not exactly a competitive battler, and I still think, at best, in terms of Gen IV meta. Critique meant to help is appreciated.
Comments in bold. Maybe you can test it out later sometime with me?
Old 07-13-2012, 02:17 PM   #3
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

Quote:
Awesome, Gravity teams are very underused and makes for a fun/unique experience. I do think right off the bat that you might reconsider Mamoswine, as he alone bumps your team from UU or RU to OU, which makes the threats much more serious and deadly for the rest of your team. If you don't mind fighting uphill, then go for it.

Quote:
Garbodor (M) @ Lum Berry
Spikes
Toxic Spikes
Gunk Shot
Pain Split
Unfortunately, Steel types will ruin your day. Especially Forretress as he will just move in a Rapid Spin all your work away and you will only be able to fight with Pain Split. Clear Smog is pretty common on this setup mostly because any flying Pokemon could potentially setup on you right off the bat with DDs or SDs. I do think your EV investment is interesting since you can survive a Modest Starmie Psychic without item boosts. It is a nice way to catch your opponent off guard and possibly give you an extra Spikes or Toxic Spikes.

Quote:
Bronzong @ Leftovers
Heatproof
Hypnosis
Gravity
Psychic
Stealth Rock
Yeah, Sassy and Gyro Ball would probably be better. Hypnosis and Toxic can feel wasted if you already have Toxic Spikes down, especially on a Gravity team. You might want to try a different option. If you decide to go status though, I would definitely choose Hypnosis. Toxic and Toxic Spikes is exceedingly redundant and Hypnosis can still sleep away a Flyer before you lay down Gravity. EQ is an option as you do have Gravity, but do remember you don't have any Atk investment or STAB. I always choose Levitate as the ability just simply because Heatproof makes you Neutral while Levitate makes you Immune. I'd much rather have immunity over neutrality. If it's another "catch them off guard" tactic, go for it, but you also get less chances to switch in since you lost immunity and you will be hit by Spikes, so it won't be a secret forever and might hurt you more in the long run.

Quote:
Clefable @ Life Orb
Magic Guard
Gravity
Blizzard
Thunder
Softboiled
Not sure if the EVs are optimal in this situation. Nor is Timid personality. Clefable has a terrible 60 base speed and 226 Speed isn't going to outrace enough to be worthwhile. I would consider throwing in Modest and full SpA and mixing HP and Def or just full HP. Clefable has decent bulk and only Fighting weakness, so you might be able to pull it off. This can allow Clefable to switch in, throw out a powerful attack, then switch out without fearing any entry hazards and still do optimal damage against anything which switched in.

Quote:
Dusknoir @ Expert Belt
Pressure
DynamicPunch
Pain Split
Shadow Sneak
Earthquake
While I know Ghost/Fighting can hit neutral/super against every Pokemon out there, I'm not sure Expert Belt is exactly going to be effective. Fighting covers Rock, Steel, Normal, Ghost covers Psychic and Ghost, and Ground covers Rock, Steel, Electric, Poison. It's not exactly diverse coverage. You might want to consider switching to a different item like the 1.1x physical attack item (Muscle Band?) or just toss out Pain Split and go for Choice Band. Fire Punch might help you can at least scare off a Forretress who can't Rapid Spin while Dusknoir is immune.

Quote:
Sableye @ Focus Sash
Prankster
Gravity
Recover
Will-O-Wisp
Foul Play
Impossible EVs? Did you mean 56 SpDef? or 100 Def?

Well, either way, it's a decent set. Not sure how useful Focus Sash will be. I know you have Item Clause, but Focus Sash does seem suboptimal.

Quote:
Mamoswine @ Choice Scarf
Icicle Crash
Ice Shard
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Fairly standard Mamoswine.

I think your team is lacking in a proper sweeper. Something strong and fast or bulky enough to destroy several enemy 'mon. While you do have the entry hazard to help whittle away enemy HP, you don't really have any pHaze to help cement the plan. Your (semi-) high damage attacks are a decent way to induce switches, but none of them are exactly fast enough or threatening enough to really do as much switching as you might want.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 05:34 PM   #4
phoopes
Double Dragon

I'm not gonna be super detailed, but good enough I think.

Garbodor: Definitely better hazard setting mon out there, such as Deoxys-S or Forretress.

Bronzong: Pretty good, though I'd recommend Levitate and Gyro Ball over Tocic, because redundancy with Toxic Spikes. Though I'd go with Night Shade over Foul Play. Personal preference.

Mamoswine: It's all right, I guess. Could be better, but if you're sticking with Item Clause and going with Choice Scarf, it's pretty much as good as it gets. Though try Superpower and see how it works for you.

Clefable: If Starmie gets Gravity, use it here. If it doesn't, use it anyway. Clefable is too slow to outrun anything, and im pretty sure it has higher Special Attack.

Dusclops: Golurk can do pretty much the same thing but better. Also, Dybamicpunch is only 50 Accuracy, so I'd replace that with a different fighting move. But if you insist on Dusclops, go with Eviolite.

Sableye: Pretty good here.

Hope I helped.
Old 07-13-2012, 07:16 PM   #5
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

*sigh*

DynamicPunch becomes around 85% accurate with Gravity up. He chose Dusknoir cuz it has a respectable attack as opposed to Dusclops which has shit.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:23 PM   #6
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
I do agree with the Golurk thing though, it is better than Dusknoir in the fighting role. Especially with Iron Fist.

Also, Starmie does indeed learn Gravity.
Old 07-13-2012, 10:19 PM   #7
phoopes
Double Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor Jesus View Post
*sigh*

DynamicPunch becomes around 85% accurate with Gravity up. He chose Dusknoir cuz it has a respectable attack as opposed to Dusclops which has shit.
1. I didn't know about Gravity improving the accuracy, as I've never battled a gravity team in over a year's worth of experience.

2. I assumed Dusclops since it's an OU team, and you never see Dusknoir in OU. My point about switching it out for Golurk still stands though.
Old 07-14-2012, 06:26 PM   #8
Slash
Silver LO

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
Actually, I was intending it to be UUish, but I'm not 100% up with the metagame. So I may need to change Mamoswine to a similar Piloswine or, more likely, something else completely.

> Garbodor
He was what made me think of Gravity. I wanted to make a nice team for him, and his solid bulk and double spikes seemed fitting for a team centered around making fliers vulnerable to those hazards. I have always loved the defensive front of the Poison type, as well. I might like to change Gunk Shot into Rock Blast/Clear Smog and Pain Split into Drain Punch or something like that for better coverage. I honestly didn't know his SpDef was at that benchmark described, though. A happy accident.

> Bronzong
I've always appreciated Heatproof quite a bit, and I figured since it was a team meant to bring levitators down, it might serve him better to have Fire moves neutered against him, although he'd only spend minimal time out in said gravity, so I may have to try it both ways and see what works. I thought about using him to TR as well, but felt that would complicate a bit much. I might drop Hypnosis and Psychic to make him a non-offensive Dual Screener, though. Or just change Psychic to Gyro Ball.

> Clefable
Point taken. I'll probably set up a HP/SpAtk spread, with Modest.

> Sableye
A set I've used since I first used Gen V Sableye (no clue if it's a common set). I meant 200 Def/56 SpDef, sorry. I generally use a Sash or Lum Berry, but I have Garbodor holding the Berry to get by sleepers.

> Dusknoir
What Loki said, basically. Solid defenses, DynamicPunch is better under Gravity, and usable attack. I might try alternating him with Golurk, though. Although his weaker defenses and more weaknesses give me pause. The offensive difference may be better, though. And if Bronzong gets Light Clay, he'll get the Leftovers.

I am thinking for the last slot, a Scarf or Life Orb Primeape. I may post particulars later.
KAIRNE I WILL RIP OFF YOUR SCROTUM AND FEED IT TO YOU THROUGH A FUCKING SWIRLY STRAW.

Slash is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON > Rate My Team