UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 10-30-2013, 07:49 PM   #26
Hanatori
Skippy.

Jumpluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept View Post
Conspicuous lack of anything later than gen IV upsets me. Where's my Mega Sawsbuck, man.
I want a Mega Swoobat with Moody. And then people can argue over whether it's better to use a Simple Swoobat with Calm Mind and a Salac Berry, or something like that.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:50 PM   #27
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Indeed, but, even if it does work that way, why go with 121.5-202.5 power off a measly 85 accuracy (Comet Punch) when you can have 229.5 power guaranteed off 100 accuracy (Return)?

Also if Ferrothorn or something switches in on Comet Punch you'd be instantly dead. A lot of hits is cool, but it doesn't necessarily translate to more power.
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 07:52 PM   #28
Red Panda
head head bitch

Hm. Never checked the numbers. I concur.
Red Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:09 PM   #29
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Screw Mega Kangaskhan. Double PUP is fucking annoying.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:06 PM   #30
Haymez
Decidedly Epic

Send a message via Skype™ to Haymez
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeVA View Post
Screw Mega Kangaskhan. Double PUP is fucking annoying.
Power-up-punch is Megakhan's bread and butter.

Overall, I don't see megas as gamebreaking in the slightest. I expect very few to end up being banned, of which are Mega Blaziken and possibly Mega Gengar.

The lack of items really hurt them. Your ultra-bulky mega Aggrons can't run leftovers or weakness policy, your mega Scizors can't run Choice Band, etc.

That said, the mechanics of mega evolving introduce some extra factors of strategy, do I go mega on my Gyarados now to avoid thunderbolt, or do I stay normal to resist the u-turn? It allows for extra mindgames which makes things much more fun (IMO).
Old 10-30-2013, 09:33 PM   #31
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

Ah. I haven't progressed much in Y yet (ugh the level creep is annoying - even with that ridiculous early EXP share I still have a level 30 team and a level 20 team and a level 7 dunsparce, and the game is up where the level 30 team is the only one that can really compete. Grinding commences.)

I'm also restarting Y in the near future after I've scoped everything out. Trade all the things for safekeeping and then a few restarts for pokedex completion purposes. Then the real grinding begins! PERFECT IVS GOGOGO so basically comp isn't important to me yet.

Bulbapedia lists HP on top in red. Of course I'd get confused. Alright, I concede that it's good now - though, to be perfectly honest, the ribbons on every mega evolution are wigging me out. A lot. There's not even a clear design purpose for them. Pokemon don't wear clothes. Either those ribbons are matted hair or they are long fleshy tendrils and that's a really disgusting thought.

Dear god i now wish to believe mega evolutions have evolved to the point of wearing clothes okay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanabat
I want a Mega Swoobat with Moody. And then people can argue over whether it's better to use a Simple Swoobat with Calm Mind and a Salac Berry, or something like that.
See, this is what I expected from Mega Evolutions: something that's really recognizably more powerful than the original, but only in certain ways...or, in the case of something like Mawile or Medicham, something that does whatever it was intended to do, better.

Mega Archeops would be really cool to see because they could give it a new ability. Defeatist is a horrible ability.

...is it bad that i immediately thought of unburden flying gem acrobatics

yes it is

you need a mega stone dewd
Old 10-30-2013, 09:57 PM   #32
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Freakin Unburden Flying Gem Acrobatics.

私のことを消して本気で愛さないで 恋なんてただのゲーム 楽しめばそれでいい
閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 12:43 AM   #33
PikaGod
Marsh Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuckle View Post
the design looks like a floppy dildo genie crossed with Mr. Popo. They ruined Medicham. /vitriol
Your idea of what a dildo looks like is really scary.

Anyways, I really like the Mega Pokemon, minus one or two designs (imma looking at you Mega Heracross) and I'm hoping that they can maybe patch in some new Mega Forms, (maybe there could be a cool MegaShiftry). I don't really care too much about how the stats have been changed though, due to not giving even half a crap about the competive side of Pokemon.
Old 10-31-2013, 09:16 AM   #34
Shuckle
Problematic Fave

Quote:
Originally Posted by PikaGod View Post
Your idea of what a dildo looks like is really scary.

Anyways, I really like the Mega Pokemon, minus one or two designs (imma looking at you Mega Heracross) and I'm hoping that they can maybe patch in some new Mega Forms, (maybe there could be a cool MegaShiftry). I don't really care too much about how the stats have been changed though, due to not giving even half a crap about the competive side of Pokemon.
It's because I really don't have any idea of what a dildo looks like.
Old 10-31-2013, 09:24 AM   #35
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

It looks like a penis.

閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 10-31-2013, 11:05 AM   #36
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
It looks like a penis.
I'm pretty sure it not only looks like a penis, but is a penis essentially. Well, made out of some sort of synthetic material.
Old 10-31-2013, 12:21 PM   #37
deoxys
Fog Badge

So here's what I want to know.

Given that 3DS games can't be hacked or datamined and therefore we have NO IDEA what is programmed in our games, what do you guys think about the possibility of still many more Mega Evos that we haven't found yet that are lurking within our games?

Event mega stones? I mean just look at Torchic w/ Blazikenite. Who's to say come February they'll start passing out Mudkip w/ Swampertite or Treecko w/ Sceptite? Hell, who's to say there are more stones waiting to be unlocked via time of year or in game event or something? Granted, chances are probably low on that end, but what do you guys think? You feel me?
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 12:26 PM   #38
Concept
Archbishop of Banterbury

Send a message via Skype™ to Concept
>Granted, chances are probably low on that end, but what do you guys think? You feel me?

Have people not been saying this since we got the list of Mega's? I think event Mega stones is almost certainly what they'll do. I know Jeri's speculated that way before too. Totally think you're right on this.
Concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 01:32 PM   #39
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

there were a number of Pokemon names that were recopyrighted recently, and all of the current known Megas appeared in that list. A number of others, including the RSE box legends, Plusle and Minun, Kecleon, Jynx and others were also present, so I think it's safe to say that there are still more to be revealed.

閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 10-31-2013, 02:42 PM   #40
Torkoal Stu
This

I'd rather a Jynx evolution than a Mega Evolution to give it that Electabuzz/Magmar symmetry D:

Jeri if you can find a copy of this list I'd be interested to have a glance~
Torkoal Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 03:30 PM   #41
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

With the 3DS being able to obtain DLC items, I wouldn't be surprised if they added more Megas using something like that. Or we could just wait for Pokemon Z.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:18 AM   #42
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

>Stu

Here you go.

閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Old 11-01-2013, 05:37 PM   #43
Lindz
Kuno's Wife

Who's missing? Easy! Mega Blissey!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoraJolteon View Post
Mega Pokémon are bad and anyone who thinks any of them were a remotely good idea should feel bad.
Gonna go with this! Dunno about gameplay/competitive complications myself I just think its a bad and kind of cruel/unnatural thing. Using manmade devices to force a temporary transformation in pkmn to surpass their limits? Seems awful to me. Though I'm sure they have some lure out their making it out ta be a as nature intended kinda thing ~_~

Calling it mega evolution was dumb. Its not evolution if they go back ta normal after each battle. Thats not how pkmn evolution has ever worked. Prolly only used that term for marketing reasons but w/e still dumb.
Lindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 05:52 PM   #44
Toyo
hail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindz View Post
Gonna go with this! Dunno about gameplay/competitive complications myself I just think its a bad and kind of cruel/unnatural thing. Using manmade devices to force a temporary transformation in pkmn to surpass their limits? Seems awful to me. Though I'm sure they have some lure out their making it out ta be a as nature intended kinda thing ~_~
I'm pretty sure they said something like this:

The Mega Rings were made with naturally found Mega Stones. People had no idea what they were, until a Pokemon which came into contact with it Mega Evolved. Eventually, they studied it and created the Mega Ring to cause Mega Evolution manually using the naturally found Mega Stones.

So half natural / half man made is pretty cool I think.

Also, here's hoping for a Mega Shuckle. Super tank, activate!
Toyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 05:52 PM   #45
Mercutio
Banned

So in reading over Jeri's Mega Evolution SCs for the ASB implementation*, it has come to my attention that Gyarados becomes part Dark.

What in the what?

*ugh
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:07 PM   #46
Red Panda
head head bitch

And Pinsir bug/flying
Old 11-01-2013, 09:05 PM   #47
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

On Mega Stones:

Spoiler: show
Don't they explicitly state that Mega Stones are residue from when AZ fired off the nuke Eternal Flower?
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:33 PM   #48
Red Panda
head head bitch

Arent they shards from the Anistar Rock?
Old 11-01-2013, 11:55 PM   #49
jolteonjak
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept View Post
Conspicuous lack of anything later than gen IV upsets me. Where's my Mega Sawsbuck, man.
There were rumors of Mega Galvantula and something else...too bad they remain rumors.
jolteonjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 02:41 AM   #50
Torkoal Stu
This

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercutio View Post
So in reading over Jeri's Mega Evolution SCs for the ASB implementation*, it has come to my attention that Gyarados becomes part Dark.

What in the what?

*ugh
I didn't know that, GameFreak are so trolling again xd;

But then again better than Water/Flying either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpanda15 View Post
And Pinsir bug/flying
Eurgh, really? Out of all the additional types they added Flying? :/
Torkoal Stu is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON