UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games

Old 07-11-2012, 07:04 PM   #1
deoxys
Fog Badge

We don't have a Cawadooty thread?

Dammit, I didn't really want to make one.

I'm a sucker for the campaigns, but the multiplayer doesn't interest me anymore. I put in maybe four hours into the MW3 multiplayer before trading it in, and probably 50 or 60 into BlOps.

Well, I didn't really have interest in the new Cawadooty, and then this came out:

BORKED

>Captivating plot?

>Composed by Trent Reznor

>Trent Reznor

>God

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

•
• • • • • • • •
• • • • • • •

MAL - Fizzy Bubbles - Twitter

deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:08 PM   #2
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
If I wanted a military simulation I'd join the Marines (still could happen). Pro's

-amazing graphics, even in HD depending on how sharp your glasses are
-real time multiplayer with PVP
-awesome music (Marines' Hymnn)
-you get paid
-ESRB rating of AO, compared with M for CoD

Con's

-getting lag when deployed overseas. Oh boy...
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Doppleganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:25 PM   #3
Sneaze
Mrow?

I will openly admit I play each and every CoD that comes out to see if they get any less crappy.

They don't.

Any game that calls itself "realistic" and then has you get shot twice in the chest, still be able to run at full speed with just some ketchup on your screen, and then fully recover after a few seconds without even the use of a goddamn med kit needs to rethink the idea of realism.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:30 PM   #4
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

Rainbow Six had a realism difficulty, which pretty much meant 1 bullet would likely kill you.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:36 PM   #5
Sneaze
Mrow?

Exactly. And Rainbow Six was a GOOD. GAME.

Also, before anybody says "Well CoD has a Hard Core mode!" NO. Shut your whore mouth. That mode may fix the not dying from two shots to the chest problem, but it certainly doesn't fix the being able to run at full speed when shot or being able to magically heal yourself problems. Additionally, it takes away the HUD, which, while it may not be realistic, it's still a videogame, and I should be able to clearly tell how many fucking grenades I have left at any given moment, how much ammo I have left, etc, given that in real life you are going to KNOW how much you have because you'll be able to FEEL THE WEIGHT or simply LOOK AT IT.

Last edited by Sneaze; 07-12-2012 at 12:38 PM.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:08 PM   #6
Blastoise
We deny our creators.

>complaining about realism in a mass-marketed, lowest common denominator FPS

Yeah.

I've only played CoD 4, and while it had its moments (the Pripyat section was probably my favorite, since it has such a different vibe from the rest of the game's ADD wank) I pretty much got all the Call of Duty I ever wanted out of that 5-hour campaign.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:51 PM   #7
Sneaze
Mrow?

The only reason I complain is because the big argument from the fanboys as to why it's SUCH A GOOD GAME tends to be "lol it's just so realistic!"

Old 07-13-2012, 03:13 AM   #8
phoopes
Double Dragon

I also buy every CoD game, though pretty much just for the campaigns. I do agree that it should have a realistic mode. Hardcore on online just isn't enough for me. Though I was into online for a while... think I have 20 hours on MW3?
Old 07-13-2012, 04:17 AM   #9
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

Send a message via MSN to Rangeet Send a message via Skype™ to Rangeet
I play pretty much all COD single player games. I think the campaigns are pretty damn good and about as realistic as you can get without being STOOPID. But that's not why I play it anyway. The plot's usually awesome.

Of course, the multiplayer needs to stop existing. As in, right now.

Last edited by Rangeet; 07-13-2012 at 04:20 AM.
Rangeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 05:15 AM   #10
phoopes
Double Dragon

>campaigns realistic

I'd argue against this as I'm pretty sure anyone would get a mission off or two after doing something major, like saving the world and then savung again only a few days later, but it makes it more interesting for sure as you get to do everything.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:10 PM   #11
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

Plot?

¬_¬
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:51 PM   #12
Blastoise
We deny our creators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor Jesus View Post
Plot?

¬_¬
America has to invade Saudia Arabia Kuwaitiran to save the world from ultranationalist Russian Arab terrorists that cannot properly write or speak actual Arabic.
Old 07-14-2012, 02:06 AM   #13
deoxys
Fog Badge

Calling Call of Duty realistic at this point would be like calling Pokemon the equivalent of a realistic zookeeping simulator.

As much of a "b-movie" story as the past few games have been, I have played and enjoyed each campaign. I especially enjoyed Black Ops, and was completely blown away by the "twist" that was thrown in, mostly because I thought it was a huge step forward in fictional storytelling for Cawadooty, not to mention that it was probably the moment Treyarch stepped forward and overtook Infinity Ward as the better dev team.

I enjoyed MW3, but it didn't stack up in terms of story to Blops.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:11 AM   #14
deoxys
Fog Badge

The news story you're going to start hearing about tomorrow:

Apparently Infinity Ward removed the map "Favela" today (probably the best MW2 map in my opinion) from all online matchmaking playlists because of a complaint from a Muslim gamer who discovered that, in one of the bathrooms in one of the houses, there is a picture, and on that picture frame is written "Allah is beautiful". And in Islam, it's apparently forbidden to say or write anything in regards to Muhammad or Allah in a bathroom.

Video:

BORKED

•
• • • • • • • •
• • • • • • •

Old 10-08-2012, 12:28 AM   #15
phoopes
Double Dragon

"In Modern Warfare 2, on the multiplayer map Favela, there is a bathroom in the map. Now, the deal is, in the bathroom there is a picture, and in that picture there is a frame, and in that frame there is a quote from the prophet Mohammed."

There's a speck on the flea on the tail on the frog on the bump on the log in the hole in the bottom of the sea.

But in all seriousness, I can see why people would be upset over this. Religion is a touchy thing, and any time people get offended, that's a pretty big thing to be concerned with. I didn't really think Infinity Ward had to remove the map entirely, but I guess you can never be too careful.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:41 AM   #16
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

One billion facepalm-streak.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:13 PM   #17
Kindrindra
大事なのは自分らしいくある事

Couldn't they of just removed the picture? Surely it wasn't part of the wall's texture?

...Then again, I guess highlighting and pressing delete is easier than searching through for the data, especially for 3D modelling.

EDIT: Rangeet, you might not like religion, but that doesn't mean you can just laugh at the efforts of those that do. -_-
People should watch what they enjoy regardless of what others think, even if it's a terribad guilty pleasure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
Though, I also dislike the concept of lamenting the current day while wishing to re-experience the past. At least, my modern attitude is to try and make each new day magical even if it's not, since exclusively reminiscing about the past is too pathetic.
Kindrindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:50 PM   #18
Rangeet
Foot, meet mouth.

It's not like I'd give a fuck if someone was shown burning, say, a picture of Hitch inside a bathroom in a map.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:37 PM   #19
deoxys
Fog Badge

I wanted to post this here instead of the Pickups and Plays thread - but it seems my feelings that Black Ops 2 was the darkest game I've ever played doesn't go unfounded - even Rock Paper Shotgun agrees with me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock, Paper, Shotgun
At times, it’s like a nightmare, not an adventure. Both friend and foe pummel my ears with shouted obscenities, I’m shot at from what feels like a hundred directions at once while random bits of scenery explode for no clear reason, and shooting I’m crazily back at whoever it is wherever they are with one of the two dozen guns with complicated names lying around me within a six foot radius. Or perhaps the wide, war-torn street I’m in is suddenly beset by a tidal wave, or a relentless series of prompts to press F to to do this or that pop up arbitrarily, or maybe the game just outright seizes control of my actions.

Other times, I die and die and instantly die because I didn’t press exactly the right button at exactly the right time. And through it all, insipid techno plays and plays and plays and plays and plays and I look at the amazingly well-rendered faces of people I’m supposed to care about and people I’m supposed to hate but I don’t because all their personality is in their anger and so nothing means anything and I just run onwards, onwards, onwards doing what I’m told, a mute, anxious slave to my entertainment product...It’s an unpleasant game, it really is. But underneath all the hatred, sadism and jingoism there are telltale and fascinating signs of something more going on...

•
• • • • • • • •
• • • • • • •

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games