UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON

Old 06-14-2010, 08:00 PM   #1
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Anyone just wanna play?

This isn't a tournament. I just want to play somebody. >_> Ever had that feeling? Then post here and see if someone's on and wants to battle you.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 08:01 PM   #2
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I'd like to battle. Rules are simple:
- Auto-Lvl 100
- 6 vs 6 singles (n v n singles upon request acceptable, n >= 3)
- no impossible/illegitimate hacks (possible/legitimate hacks are fine by me. I won't be using any tonight but you're free to)
- limit of one item per.
- no legendary ubers. Non-uber legendaries fine for you to use. (I don't. Matter of principle / old school in the hizzhouse.)
- no repeats, limit of 1 creature per team
- time limit of 2 min per turn, please. rule cannot be enforced. please be respectful.

If it isn't listed, then it's okay.

Friend Code = 1849 3908 7723

Offer expires: 30 minutes after posting

Last edited by Talon87; 06-14-2010 at 08:05 PM.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:08 PM   #3
Stlbk
taco...

Send a message via AIM to Stlbk
Sure, let's do this.
Just tell no one know my team and I won't have to drive 3 hours to slit your....ummm...DS

Also I have only one team right now, so be wary of it's crapiness.
Hopefully will have a couple new guys soon.

FC: 4769 9689 1486

I won't speak, but you might hear some rock music in the background, lucky you :x

Last edited by Stlbk; 06-14-2010 at 08:10 PM.
Stlbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 08:08 PM   #4
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Leaving Johto Safari Zone promptly. As I do, can you post your FC? (Save me the time? ^^; )
Old 06-14-2010, 08:11 PM   #5
Stlbk
taco...

Posted it above, btw only have time for the one battle unfortunately.
Not like I have multiple teams lol.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:12 PM   #6
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Likewise. Secrets safe. Etc etc. Heading in.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:33 PM   #7
Stlbk
taco...

I recorded our match.
Will have to send to you once I transcribe it in a Word file like I did with my match against Treep.

2-0 Stlbk, w00t!

Btw, the double-kill on the first Pokemon was awesome XD

Last edited by Stlbk; 06-14-2010 at 08:37 PM.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:38 PM   #8
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Good game! I'm content to have forced it to 2-0 after having lost two of my three opening dudes. Also content seeing as I was up against a far superior player.

Earlier today (prepping for Kind), I thought about placing __________ on my Togekiss. I'm convinced now it needs it, since my attempt to Ancient Power your ________ not only proved fruitless hax wise (no stat bonuses? twice in a row? despite Serene Grace? D: ) but did much less damage to you than this move (of the same primary type as your guy) would have done. For some reason, I used to run Grass Knot in place of it (on my hacked Diamond file). Probably because I love Grass-type stuff so much. Probably also because of the ubiquity of Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina back then. Oh, heavyweights.

LOL @ your fine prediction that my Starmie was (a) holding the item he was holding and (b) packing ____________ as one of his four moves. Traditionally I played a Surf / Psychic / Ice Beam / Recover Starmie. The switch you observed didn't occur until circa 2007. I know it's just another side of the same old school Starmie coin, but still. Nicely predicted.

WTF O_O AMAZEMENT @ _________'s staying power and attack power both. I always thought of him as some UU nobody. He was pretty fearsome. (Hint: the second dude, I believe, I saw of yours. You didn't nickname him so I can't say his name. ^^; Uh ... first attack of his you used began with the letter S?)

Tough luck about _________ (your fragile dude who went down to Tusk). If I was packing Choice Band on him, then you'd have called it. But I already have Choice Band elsewhere on the team. (Hint: Turn One's mutual KO. )

Which reminds me ...

WHO THE HELL LEADS WITH A __________ !?!? I'd never seen that before. Even more surprising to me was that you didn't switch out after what I did to him on Turn 0! I "knew" you were going to switch and was debating whether I should or not. Imagine my surprise when you _________'d my poor lead into oblivion! (Though not without taking your guy with him! ;D)
Old 06-14-2010, 09:01 PM   #9
Stlbk
taco...

Mamoswine

I feel like the 2-0 was a lot closer than you think. I've become more familiar with my team thanks to Loki and Treep. Otherwise I would not have done half as well.

That one Poke that you thought was UU happens to be one of the coolest Pokemon to use IMO.

I'll go down the line of the names you had, hope that's safe?

Rasengan - XD, love the name! Too bad it and Gemini^ double-KO'd each other. Wonderful way to start the match. That lead has been an interesting choice so far and I think I'll keep it there as a nice surprise to people. 1st down.

Hotohori - You set up on that first round against Pein, I think that changed a ton of things. That and probably cause you hadn't seen Mystery X in normal play, so you didn't know what he would be like? I switched him in and took advantage of Hoto.

The Wall - I predicted right on you switching out Hotohori so I don't think it had much of a chance to do it's thing. Mystery X took care of The Berlin Wall.

Kumotenshi - Almost One-Hit the guy I switched in,Mystery Y, lol! Good prediction on switching out to Hotohori, but too bad it was on such low health. On the plus side, you did save Kumotenshi from receiving damage and I think it proved it's worth later on.

Tusk - Finished off that, Mystery Y, 2nd down, and then retreated when I brought out Seroon.

Kaisei - I thought your choice to bring out this one was interesting and I caught the right switch for my Mystery Z...unfortunately that switch back to Tusk ended my guy's buff, 3rd down. Pein came in and ended Tusk.

Back in with Kumo, attacked Pein and we had it out for quite a good exchange. But in the end you had a nice finishing move to cap off my 4th down.

Brought back in Seroon and it was just the remnant of Kumo who put up a good fight.

Kaisei came back out, but I was faster (that Timid nature helped :x ) and finished the match!

Overall it was a lot closer than it seemed.
But I had a feeling about the Choice Item on Kaisei. I figured at least if I lost speed, I could bring in Mystery X while you were trapped with that move and finish the match.

I'm not that good of a battler, I just predict right sometimes, lol.
Also I think I ended up not naming them because I never intended back in D/P for them to be on my team...how odd, eh?

Last edited by Stlbk; 06-14-2010 at 09:04 PM.
Old 06-15-2010, 03:51 PM   #10
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

I wanna test some Pokemon I haven't yet tried yet. Anyone wanna battle?
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 03:53 PM   #11
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Sure. I am battling Blaine in Saffron. Almost done. Will head downstairs shortly. Look for Shoja. (I think you've already added me.)

EDIT: Or, would you prefer to test them out against Diamond Pokemon? They're hacked, but all the better for your purposes, perhaps. (They have legit stats and RNGed IVs but otherwise conform to conventional wisdom for competitive battling.)

Or hell, do you have any specific requests? Anybody you want me to put on my team?
Old 06-15-2010, 03:58 PM   #12
Loki

Okay. Expect possible mic spamming :x
Old 06-15-2010, 04:00 PM   #13
Talon87
時の彼方へ

I'll take that as a "No," then, to special requests. Well, heading downstairs with my tournament team. (WUH-OH, SPOILERS!) Prepare to win, Loki! :P lol
Old 06-15-2010, 04:00 PM   #14
Loki

lol ok no mic spam.
Old 06-15-2010, 04:22 PM   #15
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Well, I learned an important lesson today about Rapid Spin. (Won't say more than that lest it spoil stuff.) But ... wow. Important lesson.
Old 06-15-2010, 04:22 PM   #16
Loki

Good game. Thanks for the help. I would like a larger sample size though. Maybe I'll bug Stlbk on the phone :p
Old 06-15-2010, 04:58 PM   #17
Stlbk
taco...

Stlbk 3-0 :x
Old 06-15-2010, 05:00 PM   #18
Loki

I hate your gay shit. This was originally not offensive to gay people, but Steelie is using gay shit.

Last edited by Loki; 06-15-2010 at 05:27 PM.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:22 PM   #19
Stlbk
taco...

Stlbk 2-0 =D
Old 06-15-2010, 05:28 PM   #20
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Hmm. So Stlbk beat me 2-0, and Loki beat me 3-0, but Stlbk beat Loki 2-0 ... what gives? :O

Oh, I know! Rapid Spin gets screwed by ______ but S-Move doesn't. :P
Old 06-15-2010, 05:28 PM   #21
Loki

You got greedy that time my final Pokemon countered your gay shit with my super stuff. You paid for it with a dead bastard.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:29 PM   #22
Stlbk
taco...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
Hmm. So Stlbk beat me 2-0, and Loki beat me 3-0, but Stlbk beat Loki 2-0 ... what gives? :O

Oh, I know! Rapid Spin gets screwed by ______ but S-move doesn't. :P
Actually I beat you 2-0, Loki 3-0 and then 2-0 :p

And yes, I deserved that owning from your last guy in the first match.
I wanted to set up and instead I got punched in the face....

Last edited by Stlbk; 06-15-2010 at 05:39 PM.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:30 PM   #23
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Greedy? Are you fucking kidding me? Anything but. I was generous enough to let you set up Stealth Rock, Poison Spikes, and again Poison (now Toxic) Spikes before I even attempted to spin them away.

You're just a big fucking jerk, is what you are. XP ;P

EDIT: I have half a mind to put Facade on my Choice Band sweeper just to punish Loki's gay spikes. But part of me wonders how unfair that would be ...
Old 06-15-2010, 05:36 PM   #24
Loki

I meant Steelie was greedy. He deleted my post cuz I gave away his super strategy of homosexual pokemon. It was a repost. I never saw your post until it was up.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:46 PM   #25
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Oh. Well then. :P

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON