UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 11:37 AM   #76
Mon1010
Pokemon Trainer

Location: In your thoughts! Can't find me? Well, think again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 134 View Post

Lv. 01 (M) Ralts ($30)
No special moves.
After hearing that the adoption center had gotten lots of new Pokemon in, Leo had decided to pay them a visit. Many of his and Tim's Pokemon had come from here when they were just starting out. Tim had already adopted a yellow flower Flabebe a while ago, and now it was Leo's turn to pick out a new partner for his team.

Sure enough, when he arrived there were tons of Pokemon to choose from"Wow!" The eighteen year old exclaimed. His eyes wide with excitement at all the choices "There weren't this many Pokemon here the last time I was here."

"Yup, we got a bunch new additions. Several trainers sent their Pokemon here in order to start fresh."

Upon hearing this, Leo couldn't help frowning. He couldn't imagine the thought of releasing any of his partners for anything. He got attached to them easily. Leo nodded, and walked around looking at all the Pokemon available. There were tons of Pokemon to pick. Some of them were rare, that he couldn't imagine why anybody would want to get rid of it, even if they did want to start over. They even had two Munnas! Leo would have taken one of them, if he didn't have a Munna of his own already.

Eventually though, he did found himself drawn to a particular Pokemon, or rather two. There were a pair of Ralts up for adoption. One was male, and one was female according to the sign. Suddenly, Leo had a bit of a dilemma... He liked both Gardevoir and Gallade for different reasons. Which one to adopt? Leo soon decided to choose the male Ralts, seeing as he already had three female Pokemon in his party already, and needed one more male Pokemon to balance it out. "Hey there little guy! You wanna come home with me?"

The small Ralts looked at the boy, then at the female Ralts he shared a space with. He wanted to get adopted, but at the same time he didn't want to leave his friend there by herself. "Ralts ralts..." The Pokemon whimpered.

Leo seemed to understand right away. Either these two Pokemon were friends, or this Ralts had a crush on the other. Either way, this Ralts didn't want to be separated. "You don't want to leave your friend huh?" Leo asked. "I understand... But I can't adopt both of you... "I really want to take you home. I love Ralts!" Leo shuffled his feet trying to come up with a solution "Tell you what. If she's still here in ten days, I'll have my roommate come here and adopt your friend. If somebody else adopts her. I'll try to get in touch with the new owner, and see what we can do... It's not the best answer, but it's all we got..."

The Ralts thought about it for a minute. He really didn't like this solution either. He would have to be separated from his friend for a whole month. Maybe longer. Still, he wanted a permanent home. He didn't know what this place did with Pokemon that stuck around too long. and he didn't want to find out. Besides, this trainer seemed nice. Eventually, the Ralts agreed. If only somewhat reluctantly.

Leo smiled, and took the young Ralts in his arms. "Thank you very much. Don't worry. I'll take good care of you! I'm sure you'll love meeting your new brothers and sisters!" He said happily as he headed towards one of the staff members to make the adoption final.

"Ralts!" The Pokemon responded as he waved good-bye to the female Ralts he had to leave behind. He hoped they would be able to be together again soon.

Paying $30 to adopt this boy.

Putting him in this Luxury Ball

Last edited by Mon1010; 05-15-2017 at 02:37 PM.
Old 05-16-2017, 07:35 AM   #77
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post

The door slowly opened inward, an experimental push, if anything. After the near-carnage he'd heard of here just a couple of days before, he was surprised it was still on its hinges. Satisfied it wasn't about to fall off, the sturdy figure of Fizzytopia's resident fisherman trudged inside. It was nice and quiet, aside from the various noises of the Pokémon that were being cared for here. Certainly quieter than the last time he'd come by. But then, in that instance, he'd adopted a Yanma that was threatening to vibrate the building apart. Hard to get much louder.

But that had been a few years ago, now. He'd not often been to the Adoption Centre since, especially now that he'd gained most of the Pokémon he'd been after, usually from trades. But with the recent influx of trainers dropping off their previous team-mates, he'd decided to see what was available. And something caught his eye. Typically, it was yet another Sinnoh-native species, but one he'd been fond of for a while.

Stepping up to the counter, the sullen-looking trainer gave a rare smile to the new face behind the desk, if a brief one. He didn't know the new manager very well, but from what he could understand he was a useful figure in the recent upheavals that had taken place around Fizzytopia. Who knows, maybe he'd get to know him a little better, as and when he started integrating himself more with the population again. Maybe.

For now, the fisherman slid a sheet of paper across the counter, index finger tapping a circled thumbnail of one of the Pokémon up for adoption. He waited for a moment, until the creature was brought out - a purple, fuzzy creature with a cream stripe down its back, from between its ears to the end of its bushy tail. Normally, this species would cause both Pokémon and people to avoid it, due to its reputation... but Dave knew that it wouldn't emit its famous stench without due cause. And he wasn't intending to give it one. As the critter was placed on the counter, it looked around, stepping toward the fisherman, who held out a hand, fingers outstretched. It gave a few cautious sniffs, before stepping closer, allowing the human to gently pet the fuzzy face, resulting in a low, purring noise from the skunk, along with a small grin from Dave.

Nodding, he reached into a pocket of his jacket, producing a small, brown sphere that he enlarged into a Chocolate Ball, along with a wad of cash - $30 in total. He slid the money across the counter, while the Stunky sniffed at the orb next to her. It smelled edible, but she knew what it was. Pressing her snout against it, she was soon enveloped in dark brown light, the ball snapping open to suck the energy inside. It barely even wobbled before a PING! rang out through the shop. The trainer scooped it up, before nodding to the manager, turning around and heading out. As he passed through the door, he could just about be heard muttering something.

"...Cheery. Yes."

Ah, they do exaggerate, don't they? You had heard the Adoption Center was all but torn from its foundations by the commotion of the Grand Re-opening, but it really wasn't so bad. Oh, sure, it was hell in a hand basket for the staff, but to compare it to Black Friday -- as has been done -- would be gratuitous. Okay, maybe Black Friday 1992, before we were all willing to trample each other to death for a TV? Yeah, back when we'd just load up the station wagons with the whole family and see about getting that new Tickle Me Espurr in a dignified manner. You know, in sweat pants!

I digress. You've come here for a reason!

You haven't been to a place like this in a few years, but that's not going to stop you now. Approaching the front desk, you're met by a short, androgynous individual in a loud tropical shirt and glasses half an inch thick, who looks up from trying to syringe feed a Dunsparce. You're 80% certain there's more formula on the apron that the manager is wearing than has gotten into the Dunsparce's mouth, and 90% certain there's a better, more appropriate place for this task to be done than the front counter, but you don't run the joint so you don't say anything. A copy of the bi-annual newsletter clutched in hand, you're ready to go; wordlessly, you slide the open leaflet across the wooden surface, where you've circled a photograph of the featured resident of the month: a Stunky. The manager's face lights up -- Stunky are freakin' awesome! Adjusting the towel in which the Dunsparce is wrapped, the manager sets it on the counter and disappears into the back; you're left to watch it struggle fruitlessly to escape for a few minutes until the managers returns, Stunky in-arm.

When she's set on the counter, there is no question: she's even more beautiful in person. So many people dislike the species because of the defense mechanism for which they're known, but they're really quite striking, aren't they? A consummate gentleman, you offer the lady a hand and she sniffs it cautiously, before accepting a few soft pets from her new human. She purrs softly at the affectionate touch, which is enough to make you and the manager both grin.

You have a sense of humor, so you produce a sweet-smelling Chocolate Bal for your potentially stinky new friend. The manager loves the irony. You don't need to do anything; your little lady friend takes it upon yourself to join her team, apparently happy to be with you! How awesome is that?! Man, you two are going to be a great pair! You pay the manager the adoption fee, and after a couple quick forms, you're on your way. As you step out the door, the manager can just hear you mumbling something... but what?

Adoption of Lv. 01 (F) Stunky confirmed.

Old 05-16-2017, 07:36 AM   #78
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muyotwo View Post
Paying $30 to adopt this level 1 female Kabuto and putting it in one of my 16 Pokeballs. RP incoming, but making sure that it's mine first.
Adoption of Lv. 01 (F) Kabuto confirmed.
Old 05-16-2017, 07:48 AM   #79
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mon1010 View Post
After hearing that the adoption center had gotten lots of new Pokemon in, Leo had decided to pay them a visit. Many of his and Tim's Pokemon had come from here when they were just starting out. Tim had already adopted a yellow flower Flabebe a while ago, and now it was Leo's turn to pick out a new partner for his team.

Sure enough, when he arrived there were tons of Pokemon to choose from"Wow!" The eighteen year old exclaimed. His eyes wide with excitement at all the choices "There weren't this many Pokemon here the last time I was here."

"Yup, we got a bunch new additions. Several trainers sent their Pokemon here in order to start fresh."

Upon hearing this, Leo couldn't help frowning. He couldn't imagine the thought of releasing any of his partners for anything. He got attached to them easily. Leo nodded, and walked around looking at all the Pokemon available. There were tons of Pokemon to pick. Some of them were rare, that he couldn't imagine why anybody would want to get rid of it, even if they did want to start over. They even had two Munnas! Leo would have taken one of them, if he didn't have a Munna of his own already.

Eventually though, he did found himself drawn to a particular Pokemon, or rather two. There were a pair of Ralts up for adoption. One was male, and one was female according to the sign. Suddenly, Leo had a bit of a dilemma... He liked both Gardevoir and Gallade for different reasons. Which one to adopt? Leo soon decided to choose the male Ralts, seeing as he already had three female Pokemon in his party already, and needed one more male Pokemon to balance it out. "Hey there little guy! You wanna come home with me?"

The small Ralts looked at the boy, then at the female Ralts he shared a space with. He wanted to get adopted, but at the same time he didn't want to leave his friend there by herself. "Ralts ralts..." The Pokemon whimpered.

Leo seemed to understand right away. Either these two Pokemon were friends, or this Ralts had a crush on the other. Either way, this Ralts didn't want to be separated. "You don't want to leave your friend huh?" Leo asked. "I understand... But I can't adopt both of you... "I really want to take you home. I love Ralts!" Leo shuffled his feet trying to come up with a solution "Tell you what. If she's still here in ten days, I'll have my roommate come here and adopt your friend. If somebody else adopts her. I'll try to get in touch with the new owner, and see what we can do... It's not the best answer, but it's all we got..."

The Ralts thought about it for a minute. He really didn't like this solution either. He would have to be separated from his friend for a whole month. Maybe longer. Still, he wanted a permanent home. He didn't know what this place did with Pokemon that stuck around too long. and he didn't want to find out. Besides, this trainer seemed nice. Eventually, the Ralts agreed. If only somewhat reluctantly.

Leo smiled, and took the young Ralts in his arms. "Thank you very much. Don't worry. I'll take good care of you! I'm sure you'll love meeting your new brothers and sisters!" He said happily as he headed towards one of the staff members to make the adoption final.

"Ralts!" The Pokemon responded as he waved good-bye to the female Ralts he had to leave behind. He hoped they would be able to be together again soon.

Paying $30 to adopt this boy.

Putting him in this Luxury Ball

You've been here before; you've met friends here. You're hoping to do it again! And there's plenty to choose from, due to the refuge situation. Of course, it's hard for you to understand why anyone would leave their beloved companions behind, but it's simply a matter of need -- they needed to. They had to make a fresh start, and this was the only way.

The staff lets you back into the main room of kennels where the smaller, more docile critters are kept, and you brows for a while. Lots of cute, nifty things catch your eye, but nothing you'd like to take home. But then, then! Oh my, aren't they precious? A twin pair of Ralts, in a kennel to be shared. One male, one female, both absolutely darling. You know you must have one, but which? Gardevoir is elegant and graceful, and beautiful. Gallade is handsome, and chivalrous, the epitome of heroic. You love the idea of both, but you can only take one!

Gallade. You decide on Gallade.

Like a good trainer, you talk it out with the Ralt before you adopt him, but find that he doesn't really want to leave his lady friend. Bummer. You understand, though. Life in the Adoption Center can get lonely, and they've probably grown very close in their time together here; they're likely all the other one has had, up until now. You offer a suggestion: you'll try to come back for her in a few days, when you can next adopt. It's not ideal, and you both know it, but it seems to suffice.

Unlatching the cage door, you gather the male into your arms, and he sadly waves to his friend, who waves back with equal sadness. You better keep your promise! It's a bit of a morose walk back to the front desk to pay your fee and fill out your forms, but you keep your chin up, and try to be hopeful. Besides, you have a new friend now!

Adoption of Lv. 01 (M) Ralts confirmed.

Old 05-17-2017, 05:26 AM   #80
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Ex-Admiral Insane
Quote:
Lv. 01 (F) Horsea ($30)
No special moves.
The building was abuzz with liveloy chitter of Pokémon scampering around when Lucas mindlessly entered the Adoption Centre, nose-deep in a book which pages he was constantly flipping back and forth while seemingly not noticing any of the new noises that had surrounded him.

“Gal.” (Why are we here?) The Gallade had been following his absent-minded trainer for a while now, though it didn’t seem Lucas was very aware of it. He had no idea what his trainer was up to but with his current oblivious state he felt it best he tagged along.

“Gallade!”(And will you put that book down? You’ve been obsessing over it ever since you stumbled on it!)

Lucas merely ignored his Pokémon’s request as he continued reading and re-reading some of the passages. “This book chronicles almost every little thing about Sar, Hai and Sal and more, to even the tiniest of details.”

The Gallade merely sighed in response. (How could he be focussed on that with everything else that’s been going on in Fizzy-whatever – a name the inhabitants might possibly decide to change in the near future – the smart thing to do would have been to find shelter, a bunker perhaps, and wait out the storm.) The land was in chaos ever since the old council members fought one another and either fled the country or died amidst the rebellion.

While the land stood in turmoil due to the vacuum of power, with the city of Bedlam Ridge at its centre, the citizens of Fizzy-whatever had been scrambling to maintain order and continue about their business as usual. Not everyone was as fortunate though as a huge number of trainers had mysteriously vanished, leaving a plethora of domestic Pokémon without a partner and a home. The Adoption Centre had done its best to re-invent itself and provide shelter to the poor Pokémon but it wasn’t enough, they needed trainers to come and offer a new home to them. The large accumulation of monsters was proving to overwork the staff and one had to wonder if the Pokémon were any better off than they were before because of it.

(Which begs the question though…) “Gal Gallade?” (Why are we here?) Rags repeated for the umpteenth time. “Lade, gal, gal, lade, lade, gallade. Gal-gal gallade.”(Cortoza, Bedlam City, the book, the rebellion, the strange phone call – you haven’t been yourself ever since. You even changed your clothes for some reason.) “Gallade gallade, gal.” (Something’s going on and you’re not telling me what.)

Lucas closed the book and scanned the room across all the Pokémon hopping, skipping and running around the halls of the adoption centre, eyeing them closely whilst continuing to ignore Rags’ line of questioning.

“Lade gal.” (You can’t claim all of these Pokémon for your own even if you wanted to.)

“I’m not here for that,” his gaze focussed away from his Gallade as he said that. He brushed past a group of small Pokémon playing on the floor and turned his head left and right as if in search of something.

“Gallade.” (This has something to do with the book, doesn’t it.)

Lucas merely gave a hollow stare at his Pokémon for the longest of seconds before a sly smile appeared on his face. “Right you are Rags. Astute as always.”

“Gal? Lade gal gallade. Gal-lade.” (Astute? Where did you learn that word? That book is messing with your head.)

Lucas gave a false nod of understanding and continued his stride to the gardens on the other side of the building. There the two of them found the bulk of the Pokémon running around and tussling one another playfully. It was the fountain that attracted Lucas though, with its host of aquatic Pokémon prancing in and around the centre statue that showered them with fresh mineral water. Lucas headed to the other side of the fountain, Rags quickly following him, curious as to what his trainer was up to. While a small collection of Pokémon were tossing water at one another, one Pokémon in particular stood apart from the rest, mournfully gazing into the distance as if in silent contemplation. This was the Pokémon Lucas was looking for.

Lucas made a beeline around the fountain’s perimeter, steering clear of the spewing water as it cascaded into the basin. Coming up behind the Pokémon Lucas did his best to snap the creature out of its trance in the gentlest way he could at the time and handed the book he was holding to Rags for safekeeping.

“More of a loner? You’re not interested in playing with the other Pokémon?” The startled Pokémon swiftly turned to Lucas, unsure why the trainer had approached her. “That’s okay, I can kind of relate. I’ve met a few Pokémon who were the same. Would you like to meet them?” The Horsea scoffed in the rudest manner she could, then promptly turned and swam in the opposite direction. Lucas strolled along the fountain’s perimeter to catch up to her. “Hey now, I’m only trying to talk.” But the Horsea would have known of it and swam away from Lucas again, this time towards the fountain’s centre where he couldn’t bother her.

She was surprised by the sounding splash as Lucas jumped into the water and waded his way though it towards her before kneeling down to get face to face with the Pokémon. Rags too stood in momentary shock at his trainer’s resolve – this was new.

“All I want to say is-“

The Horsea instantly sprayed water in the trainer’ face. Rags who had mostly been quiet up till now gave a shocked yelp as his face turned white (well; whiter). He knew his trainer wasn’t the calmest of people, and he knew all too well Lucas was prepared to get revenge for the pettiest of reasons. Rags swung his head to all sides in search of the staff – trouble was about to start and he was going to have to hold off his trainer. Better to stop it immediately and leave before more would ensue.

Lucas wiped the water off his face and gave his signature sly grin. “You’re not the same Pokémon I was told about.” The Horsea’s curiosity was clearly piqued, confused by what the young man was talking about. Rags too gave a confused ‘Gal’ at his trainer.

“I knew your trainer,” Lucas continued, “back when you were young. We only met a few times but I remember you playing with some of my Pokémon.” The Horsea clearly didn’t know what Lucas was talking about as she didn’t recognise him at all.

“I’ve brought a few friends you might have remembered. They sure do remember you.” Lucas got back up and clicked a few Pokéballs off of his belt. “Come on out and say hello.” He tossed them into the air and three strikes of white lightning erupted from within them to form the outline of three bestial-looking Pokémon. The Horsea inched closer to them, struck with awe as she vaguely recognised a few of them from her youth. “You used to play with them. Recognise them?” He asked again. She didn’t, at least not at first. They had grown so much since she last saw them.

Lucas gave another sly smile and sat down on the fountain wall. “You know your last human partner had hoped to train you as well I recall. Wanted you to be strong like them,” he indicated the three beasts he had unleashed in the garden.

Horsea-,” the Pokémon’s head drooped. Clearly she wasn’t over the loss of her previous trainer and the pain was still fresh, a heartache she wasn’t ready to let go of yet.

“What would she say if she saw you like this huh? Sobbing almost every day and not doing anything to make yourself stronger like the two of you said you would.”

“Hors-horsea!” The water Pokémon clearly took offence. “Sea-sea, horsea, horse, horse, horsea!”

“Okay, okay,” Lucas tried his best to calm the Pokémon down. He didn’t want another squirt of water in his face. He beckoned for his Gallade to come closer with the book he had brought with him. Lucas flipped the pages to the last entry he had been reading and held it in front of the water Pokémon’s eyes. “Here’s a promise I’m making,” he grinned with confidence as he let the Pokémon glance at the pictures. “Come with us and I’ll take over your last trainer’s promise.”

The Horsea looked at the book, the friends she knew from so many years ago, to Rags who gave a calm vote of confidence and finally to Lucas.

“So what do you say? Want to come with?”

“Horsea!” she firmly replied.

($30 payment)
(Placing her in a Dive Ball)

Last edited by Ex-Admiral Insane; 05-17-2017 at 03:04 PM.
Old 05-18-2017, 09:04 AM   #81
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-Admiral Insane View Post
The building was abuzz with liveloy chitter of Pokémon scampering around when Lucas mindlessly entered the Adoption Centre, nose-deep in a book which pages he was constantly flipping back and forth while seemingly not noticing any of the new noises that had surrounded him.

“Gal.” (Why are we here?) The Gallade had been following his absent-minded trainer for a while now, though it didn’t seem Lucas was very aware of it. He had no idea what his trainer was up to but with his current oblivious state he felt it best he tagged along.

“Gallade!”(And will you put that book down? You’ve been obsessing over it ever since you stumbled on it!)

Lucas merely ignored his Pokémon’s request as he continued reading and re-reading some of the passages. “This book chronicles almost every little thing about Sar, Hai and Sal and more, to even the tiniest of details.”

The Gallade merely sighed in response. (How could he be focussed on that with everything else that’s been going on in Fizzy-whatever – a name the inhabitants might possibly decide to change in the near future – the smart thing to do would have been to find shelter, a bunker perhaps, and wait out the storm.) The land was in chaos ever since the old council members fought one another and either fled the country or died amidst the rebellion.

While the land stood in turmoil due to the vacuum of power, with the city of Bedlam Ridge at its centre, the citizens of Fizzy-whatever had been scrambling to maintain order and continue about their business as usual. Not everyone was as fortunate though as a huge number of trainers had mysteriously vanished, leaving a plethora of domestic Pokémon without a partner and a home. The Adoption Centre had done its best to re-invent itself and provide shelter to the poor Pokémon but it wasn’t enough, they needed trainers to come and offer a new home to them. The large accumulation of monsters was proving to overwork the staff and one had to wonder if the Pokémon were any better off than they were before because of it.

(Which begs the question though…) “Gal Gallade?” (Why are we here?) Rags repeated for the umpteenth time. “Lade, gal, gal, lade, lade, gallade. Gal-gal gallade.”(Cortoza, Bedlam City, the book, the rebellion, the strange phone call – you haven’t been yourself ever since. You even changed your clothes for some reason.) “Gallade gallade, gal.” (Something’s going on and you’re not telling me what.)

Lucas closed the book and scanned the room across all the Pokémon hopping, skipping and running around the halls of the adoption centre, eyeing them closely whilst continuing to ignore Rags’ line of questioning.

“Lade gal.” (You can’t claim all of these Pokémon for your own even if you wanted to.)

“I’m not here for that,” his gaze focussed away from his Gallade as he said that. He brushed past a group of small Pokémon playing on the floor and turned his head left and right as if in search of something.

“Gallade.” (This has something to do with the book, doesn’t it.)

Lucas merely gave a hollow stare at his Pokémon for the longest of seconds before a sly smile appeared on his face. “Right you are Rags. Astute as always.”

“Gal? Lade gal gallade. Gal-lade.” (Astute? Where did you learn that word? That book is messing with your head.)

Lucas gave a false nod of understanding and continued his stride to the gardens on the other side of the building. There the two of them found the bulk of the Pokémon running around and tussling one another playfully. It was the fountain that attracted Lucas though, with its host of aquatic Pokémon prancing in and around the centre statue that showered them with fresh mineral water. Lucas headed to the other side of the fountain, Rags quickly following him, curious as to what his trainer was up to. While a small collection of Pokémon were tossing water at one another, one Pokémon in particular stood apart from the rest, mournfully gazing into the distance as if in silent contemplation. This was the Pokémon Lucas was looking for.

Lucas made a beeline around the fountain’s perimeter, steering clear of the spewing water as it cascaded into the basin. Coming up behind the Pokémon Lucas did his best to snap the creature out of its trance in the gentlest way he could at the time and handed the book he was holding to Rags for safekeeping.

“More of a loner? You’re not interested in playing with the other Pokémon?” The startled Pokémon swiftly turned to Lucas, unsure why the trainer had approached her. “That’s okay, I can kind of relate. I’ve met a few Pokémon who were the same. Would you like to meet them?” The Horsea scoffed in the rudest manner she could, then promptly turned and swam in the opposite direction. Lucas strolled along the fountain’s perimeter to catch up to her. “Hey now, I’m only trying to talk.” But the Horsea would have known of it and swam away from Lucas again, this time towards the fountain’s centre where he couldn’t bother her.

She was surprised by the sounding splash as Lucas jumped into the water and waded his way though it towards her before kneeling down to get face to face with the Pokémon. Rags too stood in momentary shock at his trainer’s resolve – this was new.

“All I want to say is-“

The Horsea instantly sprayed water in the trainer’ face. Rags who had mostly been quiet up till now gave a shocked yelp as his face turned white (well; whiter). He knew his trainer wasn’t the calmest of people, and he knew all too well Lucas was prepared to get revenge for the pettiest of reasons. Rags swung his head to all sides in search of the staff – trouble was about to start and he was going to have to hold off his trainer. Better to stop it immediately and leave before more would ensue.

Lucas wiped the water off his face and gave his signature sly grin. “You’re not the same Pokémon I was told about.” The Horsea’s curiosity was clearly piqued, confused by what the young man was talking about. Rags too gave a confused ‘Gal’ at his trainer.

“I knew your trainer,” Lucas continued, “back when you were young. We only met a few times but I remember you playing with some of my Pokémon.” The Horsea clearly didn’t know what Lucas was talking about as she didn’t recognise him at all.

“I’ve brought a few friends you might have remembered. They sure do remember you.” Lucas got back up and clicked a few Pokéballs off of his belt. “Come on out and say hello.” He tossed them into the air and three strikes of white lightning erupted from within them to form the outline of three bestial-looking Pokémon. The Horsea inched closer to them, struck with awe as she vaguely recognised a few of them from her youth. “You used to play with them. Recognise them?” He asked again. She didn’t, at least not at first. They had grown so much since she last saw them.

Lucas gave another sly smile and sat down on the fountain wall. “You know your last human partner had hoped to train you as well I recall. Wanted you to be strong like them,” he indicated the three beasts he had unleashed in the garden.

Horsea-,” the Pokémon’s head drooped. Clearly she wasn’t over the loss of her previous trainer and the pain was still fresh, a heartache she wasn’t ready to let go of yet.

“What would she say if she saw you like this huh? Sobbing almost every day and not doing anything to make yourself stronger like the two of you said you would.”

“Hors-horsea!” The water Pokémon clearly took offence. “Sea-sea, horsea, horse, horse, horsea!”

“Okay, okay,” Lucas tried his best to calm the Pokémon down. He didn’t want another squirt of water in his face. He beckoned for his Gallade to come closer with the book he had brought with him. Lucas flipped the pages to the last entry he had been reading and held it in front of the water Pokémon’s eyes. “Here’s a promise I’m making,” he grinned with confidence as he let the Pokémon glance at the pictures. “Come with us and I’ll take over your last trainer’s promise.”

The Horsea looked at the book, the friends she knew from so many years ago, to Rags who gave a calm vote of confidence and finally to Lucas.

“So what do you say? Want to come with?”

“Horsea!” she firmly replied.

($30 payment)
(Placing her in a Dive Ball)

You're distracted as you enter the Adoption Center, oblivious to the goings on around you. Pokémon frolic in outdoor enclosures. Harried staff go about their business. Now and then, the sound of a car door slamming echoes through the air as a drop off or pick up is made. The day is clear and sunny, and the sky is cloudless and blue. It's a nice day, but you wouldn't notice any of this; your nose stuck in a book. Your Gallade is unimpressed with you inattentive nature and the two of you lightly bicker as you meander your way into the main building. It's hard to blame him for wanting his trainer to be more present, but you're doing something important; it really isn't your fault if he doesn't understand. Though... it's not his fault if you don't tell him anything, either.

When you don't find what you're looking for indoors, you head through the back door into the garden, where you get a better look at the outdoor enclosures which you had paid no attention to on your way in earlier. There's a small artificial pond -- about four feet deep -- with a rock fountain in the center where the larger and more active water types are kept, and it's here that you find that which you seek. She's small and staring out to space; distracted under the burden of her own woe. When you greet her it startles her, and she isn't impressed with you, not even a little. Passing the book to Rags for safe keeping, you do what you can to engage the Horsea which you've come to meet, but she swims away. So you follow her, making loops around the pond edge. God, you're annoying! She swims towards the center, where you can't keep pestering her, but you shan't be deterred. With a splash, you follow her in, wading up to your ribs in cold pond water after her. She's shocked. You sink down to your shoulders in the water, to look her in the eye, and she immediately spits water in your face.

Rags is aghast. But your nature is surprisingly good. You continue your pleas to the Horsea, sly and a little sweet, and her interest is piqued. You claim to have known her former trainer. In fact, you claim that you're in possession of some of her old acquaintances. She's skeptical, but you stand up and pull a few balls off your belt, the waterproofing mechanic working perfectly as you take them out of the water and toss them into the air, releasing them. She doesn't immediately recognize them, but that's okay. We all change. We all grow. She'll change and grow someday too, just like her trainer wanted, if given the chance.

You make your way back to the edge of the pond and pull your waterlogged form up onto the stone wall to sit. You've gone above and beyond for this Horsea already, and her demeanor is beginning to soften, if only a little. You can be a bit of a jerk sometimes, though, and it does shine through when you promptly put your foot in your mouth, with accusations of disappointing the ol' girl's former trainer. Quickly, you have Rags come to your rescue with the book you had entrusted to him, and open it to the last page you had been reading, turning it for the Horsea to see. Something she sees there is enough. You're making a promise to her. You're not flawless, but you'll work hard for her, just like her old trainer did. She can count on you.

Adoption of Lv. 01 (F) Horsea confirmed.

Old 05-18-2017, 09:39 AM   #82
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

"You're sure about this?" Tate sighed, voice thick with guilt. Hand in hand, the manager of the Adoption Center walked through the glass double doors of the main building with Nani the Machop. They had met here shortly after Tate and Kahakai had washed up on the shores of the strange lands, back when getting home was all the trainer could think about. Oh, what simpler times. It felt like a punch to the gut to be bringing her back here now, even if it was a far cry from the dark and squalor that it had once been. Nani, however, was smiling. She'd known what it was like to be loved, and she wanted to be here, to encourage other Pokémon; to let them know that there was hope. Despite her soon-to-be-former trainer's apprehension, she was smiling.

"I'll see you every day," Tate continued, beginning to go glassy-eyed. "And if someone adopts you, I'll make sure they'll be perfect for you. You can help me feed everyone, and clean the kennels, and-... it'll be good, Nani, okay-?"

Nani puffed out her chest, and nodded. It would be okay. Really. She knew it would.

Dropping off Lv. 01 (F) Machop for Reversion Care.

Last edited by Nerd Violence; 05-18-2017 at 09:45 AM.
Old 05-18-2017, 09:41 AM   #83
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Tate: Drop off of Lv. 01 (F) Machop for Reversion Care confirmed.
Old 05-20-2017, 02:56 AM   #84
morningstar
ようせいのお姫様

Quote:
Lv. 01 (M) Scraggy ($30)
No special moves.
Since arriving in Fizzytopia, Athena hadn't taken a chance to explore all that much. Ever curious, she had taken the day to find something interesting. Her partner, Eclair, trotted loyally beside her, fighting the urge to nab any of the goods off of the shopfronts they passed. The Mawile knew she would get an earful from her trainer if she even lingered in front of a table of fruits for too long.

"Adoption Center Grand Re-Opening?" Athena read the sign above the building. She took a look in through the window, it was busy inside. The door opened with a jingle and a trainer walked out, holding a Pokeball and grinning. Athena gave the trainer a friendly smile as she walked past them through the open door. She stood in the entryway, unsure of where to start. The receptionist counter had a long line in front of it, and volunteers were rushing around looking far too busy to answer any questions. She located an informative sign on the wall. $30 for the general adoption fee was pretty reasonable, and she had plenty of Pokedollars to spend.

Athena and Eclair followed a sign for kennels. It seemed Pokemon were organized alphabetically. Not looking for anything in particular, she walked slowly down the hallways gazing into each enclosure. Each time a Pokemon approached the front of their enclosure to call out to her, she felt herself getting more and more worried. She could only adopt one for now, but her heart ached for the ones that wouldn't get to go home today.

P, Q, R, S... Athena still didn't see any Pokemon that really caught her eye. She knew she had to be a bit picky today. She didn't want to get the wrong one and end up just putting it back up for adoption if she was unable to properly train it. As a new trainer, she didn't want anything that was too hard to handle.

WHAM Athena jumped at the sudden loud noise. Eclair stepped in front of her trainer with a battle-ready pose. They both looked towards the source. A small, yellow Pokemon sat in the middle of its enclosure rubbing it's round head. There was a small dent on the wall where it had head butted it. Athena crouched down in front of the Pokemon's enclosure.

"Trying to break out?" Athena asked. The Pokemon turned to look at her, wide eyed. Athena couldn't help but burst out laughing at the dumb grin on the lizard Pokemon's face.

"Scra!" The yellow Pokemon looked excited to get the attention. It jumped up and looked Athena in the eyes as if to say Are you watching? Immediately it ran itself into the wall again, increasing the size of the dent in the wall.

"Oh my gosh! Are you ok?" Athena gasped. The Pokemon looked at her again with a dazed grin. "I guess you have a pretty strong head... Well it looks like you really want to get out of here huh?" She took a look at the card on the enclosure.

Scraggy (M) Lv. 1

"Scraggy..." Athena read aloud. The Scraggy stood up and adjusted the pants-like skin around his legs. "Want to come along with me then? I know how you feel, wanting to get out of a small place like this!"

The Scraggy gave her another dumb looking grin and nodded furiously. His pants slipped again and he scrambled to pull them back up. Athena laughed. Eclair, who had been eyeing the Scraggy skeptically up until now seemed to relax. She was glad her trainer was making a connection with this new Pokemon.

Athena flagged down a nearby volunteer. "Um, sorry to bother you, but could I get this Scraggy?" As the volunteer prepared the necessary paperwork, she looked back at her new friend.

"You need a nickname! You look like a... Monte?" The Scraggy's light yellow color reminded her of the Kalosian sandwich she often served at the cafe. The Scraggy head butted the wall again in glee.

Paying the $30 and placing the Scraggy in a Pokeball

Last edited by morningstar; 05-20-2017 at 09:15 PM.
Old 05-20-2017, 05:12 PM   #85
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar View Post

Grabbing this guy! Will post a full RP soon.

Paying the $30 and placing the Scraggy in a Pokeball

Adoption of Lv. 01 (M) Scraggy confirmed.

Old 05-22-2017, 02:16 AM   #86
Sandaa
Volcano Badge

Quote:

Lv. 01 (F) Sneasel ($30)
No special moves.
As he walked down the streets of Fizzytopia, Gary saw a familiar store in the distance; the Adoption Center. He knew he shouldn’t, but like those commercials you see on television with the sad music and the pets with tears in their eyes, he just couldn’t look away. In any case, a good number of his most beloved Pokemon partners had come from this building before. Why should today be any different? At least this is what he thought to himself in order to justify his current decision.

Walking up to the building, Gary peered in through the window. As he suspected, there was a large number of pokemon inside that looked like they needed a new home. He bit his lip. The question now wasn’t whether or not he would be taking a new partner home with him; it was what pokemon would he be selecting? Racking his brain, he pushed open the door and stepped inside.

Gary’s eyes darted all over the place. There were pokemon everywhere, many of them had pathetic expressions on their faces and many of them were species that he had great interest in. “Man, this is a tough choice…” he muttered to himself. Countless scenarios played out in his head, imagining himself taking home various different pokemon with him and weighing the pros and cons. That’s when his gaze focused on something he hadn’t noticed before: a small Sneasel sitting in the back, arms crossed and a sulking scowl on her face. Suddenly, all of the previous thoughts were gone from his imagination. He knew what he had to do.

“Excuse me,” Gary greeted, approaching the counter. “Could I please adopt that Sneasel in the back?” He quietly slid $30 on the counter.

Requesting that lv.1 (f) Sneasel, please. <payment>
Old 05-22-2017, 05:48 PM   #87
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandaa View Post
As he walked down the streets of Fizzytopia, Gary saw a familiar store in the distance; the Adoption Center. He knew he shouldn’t, but like those commercials you see on television with the sad music and the pets with tears in their eyes, he just couldn’t look away. In any case, a good number of his most beloved Pokemon partners had come from this building before. Why should today be any different? At least this is what he thought to himself in order to justify his current decision.

Walking up to the building, Gary peered in through the window. As he suspected, there was a large number of pokemon inside that looked like they needed a new home. He bit his lip. The question now wasn’t whether or not he would be taking a new partner home with him; it was what pokemon would he be selecting? Racking his brain, he pushed open the door and stepped inside.

Gary’s eyes darted all over the place. There were pokemon everywhere, many of them had pathetic expressions on their faces and many of them were species that he had great interest in. “Man, this is a tough choice…” he muttered to himself. Countless scenarios played out in his head, imagining himself taking home various different pokemon with him and weighing the pros and cons. That’s when his gaze focused on something he hadn’t noticed before: a small Sneasel sitting in the back, arms crossed and a sulking scowl on her face. Suddenly, all of the previous thoughts were gone from his imagination. He knew what he had to do.

“Excuse me,” Gary greeted, approaching the counter. “Could I please adopt that Sneasel in the back?” He quietly slid $30 on the counter.

Requesting that lv.1 (f) Sneasel, please. <payment>

Ah, the Sarah McStoutland commercials. Get you every time, don't they? You had no intentions of adoption today, but as the silhouette of the Adoption Center's heavily tree'd property comes into view among the suburban sprawl, you can hear the chords of 'In the Arms of the Togetic' in the back of your mind and then it's all over. The next thing you know, the bell above the glass double doors of the main building is chiming above your head, and you're drifting into the back where the small Pokémon are kept. For a while, you're uncertain of who to take home with you -- if only you could take them all! -- but then you see her.

She's sullen. She's pouty. She's perfect.

Drifting back to the front desk, you eagerly lay money onto the counter.

Adoption of Lv. 01 (F) Sneasel confirmed.

Old 05-22-2017, 06:00 PM   #88
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Lv. 01 (F) Vulpix ($30)
No special moves.
Keith couldn't help but smile as he entered the Adoption Center. It was far less crowded than last time, now that the likes of the Larvesta, the Dratini, and the Aerodactyl had been adopted. But even so, there were still gems to find in the Adoption Center beyond the ultra-popular species of Pokémon, Keith knew. Hell, his Qwilfish, Venomoth, Crobat, Stunfisk, and Tympole were living proof of this.

He wandered in, looking around. There were a fair amount of Shuppet, a species Keith had become somewhat partial to in years past... there was one Horsea that looked somehow stronger than anything else in there... a Koffing, a Qwilfish... he even recognized one as a Binacle, a species of Pokémon he'd seen before and remembered as being pretty cool...

"Vulpix~"

Keith looked down at the source of the voice, and he couldn't help but smile even wider- a small brownish-reddish fox with multiple tails had walked up to him, and was nuzzling his leg. He knew what this was, but out came the Pokédex in any case.

"Vulpix- Normal Form- the Fox Pokémon. A Fire-type. Vulpix can freely control fire, creating fiery orbs and sending them flying at its enemies. As its body grows larger, its six warm tails become more beautiful with a more luxurious coat of fur, and just before evolving, the tails grow as hot as fire."

Keith chuckled, scooping the Vulpix into his arms. "Well, you're a cute one," he said. "And you know something- I've trained a fair amount of Fire-types before, so I think I'd do well with you. My name's Keith. What do you think, Vulpix- want to come with me?"

"Vul... Pix! Vulpix!" Vulpix yapped happily, before licking Keith's face. Keith laughed as the licking tickled his face, having gotten all the answer he needed and then some.

"Heh heh... OK, I take that as a yes," he grinned as Vulpix stopped licking him. "Seems to me all you need now is a nickname, hm? Lemme see... whoa," he murmured, catching sight of the front window- the clouds from earlier had dispersed completely, giving way to bright sunlight. "Wow- it wasn't that sunny out earlier," he stated.

"Vul! Vulpix vul!" Vulpix replied, sounding rather pleased with herself.

"Wh... Vulpix, did you do that?" Keith asked, sounding rather impressed. By way of an answer, the Pokédex spoke up.

"Vulpix's Hidden Ability- Drought. Vulpix is able to summon intense sunlight by its mere presence. Usually only activates in battle, but it can be triggered in non-combat situations."

"Alright, that's pretty handy," Keith grinned. "I mean, hey, as long as you don't stop it from raining at least occasionally, right? Sometimes rain is necessary, yeah?"

"Vul," nodded Vulpix.

"Well, considering this little talent you got... what say we name you Sunny?" Keith suggested. He then laughed, for by way of an answer, Vulpix started licking him again. "Ha ha- OK, yeah, that's a yes," he laughed. "Ha- oh, I think we're gonna be good friends," he smiled. He produced from his backpack a Premier Ball and offered it to Sunny, who cutely pressed one of her front paws to the button, allowing herself to be caught with no trouble.

Satisfied with what he was about to walk out of the Adoption Center with, Keith first walked over to the counter, intent on paying for his new Vulpix.

OOC: Adopting the level 1 female Normal Form Vulpix, putting her in the first of five Premier Balls, naming her Sunny, and declaring her Ability to be Drought. Payment: 30
Old 05-22-2017, 06:00 PM   #89
Connor
Flashbacker

Quote:
Lv. 01 (M) Gligar ($30)
Adopting this little guy. Using one of my existing Poke Balls, with payment here.
Old 05-22-2017, 06:00 PM   #90
deoxys
Fog Badge

Paying $30 and adopting Lv. 01 (F) Misdreavus. Using an existing Pokeball, bringing my inventory to 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 134
Lv. 01 (F) Misdreavus ($30)
No special moves.
Thank you!

Last edited by deoxys; 05-22-2017 at 06:05 PM.
Old 05-22-2017, 06:00 PM   #91
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Quote:

Lv. 01 (M) Scyther ($30)
No special moves.
Spending $30 to adopt this Scyther in pokeball
Old 05-22-2017, 06:00 PM   #92
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Quote:
Lv. 01 (M) Fennekin ($30)
No special moves.
So Keori, you get to pick who I adopt next!

: Vulpix vul! *points to another foxlike Pokemon*

That one, huh? Okay, let's see what that one is:

Fennekin, the Fox Pokemon. Commonly seen chewing on a twig as a source of energy, this Pokemon will look around the forest floor for another twig when it is finished with the twig it had. Its ears are large so heat can be expelled from them to scare off opponents.

: Fen fennekin~ *lays on his belly, holding his twig while chewing it*

Heheh, been a while since I've taken someone as smug as you on the team. I think Keori's found a keeper!

: Fennekin~ ;)

: Vulpix~ ^_^

Not sure about what Ahri might think about you though, so...just don't get any ideas, Balthazar!

Pokemon to Adopt: Lv. 1 Male Fennekin
Payment: $30
Pokeball: Premier Ball (3/3)
Old 05-22-2017, 06:00 PM   #93
Snorby
Snackin'

Quote:

Lv. 01 (M) Spheal ($30)
No special moves.

Payment for this little cutie, who's going in a regular Poke Ball. I'll RP when I'm sure I have him.

Click on Fawful for my ASB squad summary. Other links coming soon.
Old 05-22-2017, 06:00 PM   #94
Naru
Known Leafeon Enthusiast

Quote:

The Adoption Center

Lv. 01 (F) Mienfoo ($30)
No special moves.
This time the crowds couldn't be avoided. Elka was aware of this. If she was hoping to adopt a new team member of her choice, she needed to be quick on her feet and nimble. Two things that she most certainly was not. Luckily Pascal was on his best behaviour today, it seemed like he really wanted his trainer to get a Pokemon that she would like. Elka was certainly grateful for this, as she knew the adoption center was going to be so crowded that she probably would not be able to move. Although the adoption center had just re-opened last week, they had temporarily lifted their monthly policy to implement a ten day policy in order to lessen how many Pokemon were currently crowding their cages.

She pushed the doors open, nervous of how many people would be in there. Luckily for her, no one actually seemed to be looking her way. Everyone was actually focused on the cages, glancing at their to-be partners. Her crutches clapped against the floor loudly as she went from isle to isle, glancing at each of the faces of the poor Pokemon. A few were being closely examined by other people, so she avoided those cages like the plague. However, there was one cage in particular that caught her eye. It was a small Pokemon, looked kind of like a fighter. Cream coloured with pink arms and legs, it looked tough, however in it's current state, it mostly just looked sad.

Elka glanced at the Pokemon, wanting desperately to bring her out of this place. She got the attention of an employee and asked them to open the cage for her. The employee seemed a little concerned, looking at Elka.

"Are you sure? She's actually in here because her old master found her a little too aggressive..." Elka nodded rather quickly, a fighting spirit was certainly welcome on their team. Besides, the little thing kind of reminded her of herself. The employee nodded, pulling out paperwork for Elka to fill out. She noticed the information about the Pokemon in bold, with a brief description of her personality.
MIENFOO, FEMALE. AGGRESSIVE BY NATURE, NOT RECOMMENDED FOR NEW TRAINERS.
Elka was not deterred. She gave the small fee needed to adopt the small girl, writing her name in large cursive letters along the page. She had decided to name the little Pokemon "Artemisia" after an ancient warrior. She smiled towards the employee and left the adoption center, proud to obtain a new companion.

------------------

❤ Adopting this Mienfoo with $30
❤ Using one of these Pokeballs. Taking me down to 3, last one was used here.
Old 05-22-2017, 06:00 PM   #95
Sneaze
Mrow?

Quote:

Lv. 01 (-) Lunatone ($30)
No special moves.
I'd like to adopt this Genderless Lunatone for $30 and place it in a Pokeball (2/5)

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut

Last edited by Sneaze; 05-22-2017 at 06:07 PM.
Old 05-22-2017, 06:00 PM   #96
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Quote:
Lv. 01 (F) Girafarig ($30)
No special moves.
"You said you wanted your own Pokémon, right?" Jeri asked Lucas as the pair of them strolled down the street, "Well, this would be the first place to look."

"I suppose..." Lucas half-agreed.

"Okay, yeah, I know you want to go and find one yourself, but you should at least have a few Pokémon to accompany you. It's not super safe to go without a couple."

"Yeah, I guess you're right," Lucas acquiesced.

"Well this is the place to go then," Jeri stopped, turning and presenting the Adoption Center with a floruish, "There's been a wave of abandoned Pokémon that have turned up recently and I'm sure one of them would love to go home with you."

Jeri burst through the doors and Lucas followed after him, wearing a skeptical look. Jeri lead Lucas to the register, instructing him to flip through it to see if any Pokémon caught his eye. Lucas leafed through it, not appearing to be particularly satisfied.

"I think I'd rather just look around," Lucas admitted.

"Alright, fair enough."

The two spent what seemed like a number of hours wandering around the various facilities. The pool, the aviary, the fields, just about the whole Center, before returning to the main area. Jeri was trying not to hide his combined frustration and exhaustion. Lucas did one last scan of the area through the windows. Just as he finished his visual sweep, his expression changed as his eyes lit up.

"What are those over there?" he pointed, indicating a small flock of ungulates congregating near a tree and munching on its leaves. Jeri perked up at his interest.

"Oh, those are Girafarig! I trained one ages ago - she was a sweetie. A little tempramental and a bit odd, but sweet."

"Hm, may we look?" Lucas asked the attendant.

The attendant lead them out to meet the Long Neck Pokémon. Lucas held out a hand, and one of the Girafarig immediately trotted over to greet him. He pet the Pokémon gently, and she chittered at his touch.

"What did you call your Girafarig, Jeri?" Lucas asked, attention still fixed on the one in front of him.

"Clockwork."

"Alright, Horologrie it is. I'll take this one," Lucas decided, "Voulez-vous allez avec moi ?"

"Great!" Jeri exclaimed, whipping out his wallet and handing $30 to the attendant.

"Alright, why don't we go home girl."

ooc: Adopting one of the Level 1 Female Girafarig, please! $30!
Old 05-22-2017, 06:04 PM   #97
Sparkbeat
I make cryin' babies weep

Quote:

Lv. 01 (M) Natu ($30)
No special moves.
Adopting this little guy in Pokeball 1/15. Payment.

---

It hadn't been long since his last trip to the center, but Spark was still interested in finding new members for his team. After returning from his adventuring hiatus, he had matured a fair bit, deciding to be more stingy with his squad gathering. But that didn't necessarily mean surveying his options was disallowed. Luckily for him, the Adoption Center was far more open this time around. While still a bit of a mess from the grand opening rush, there was now a definite order to the place, with all the Pokemon in suitable, temporary homes with plenty of space. Unlike the split second decision he had to make last time, Spark was ready to take his time and see what Pokemon were being offered. Wandering throughout the different biomes within the shop, he noticed a multitude of interesting Pokemon, but none of them had that 'it' factor he was looking for. Eventually, he made his way to the bird cages used to house smaller aviary types. Beginning to tire, his pace was now sluggish, while his eyes were only giving the cages a cursory glance. Out of nowhere, a high-pitched, but stiff, formal voice jolts him from his stupor.

"Greetings! I am Fortune!" announced the voice in Spark's head. Shaking himself back into reality, Spark checked every side of him, but no one was around. The only thing nearby was a small green bird, perched on a swinging branch inside the cage to his side. Unsure of what else to do, Spark turned to face the bird. "What is your name?" it asked, carefully pronouncing each syllable.

"Uh, I'm Spark," responded the dumbfounded trainer. "You...are the one asking me, right?"

"Yes! You are correct. I am the Natu in the cage." The voice paused for a moment before continuing. "If you are in the Adoption Center, then that means you are interested in adopting a Pokemon. Am I correct?" questioned Fortune.

"Yes, I suppose that's right," Spark chuckled a little at the small bird's little analysis.

"Hooray!" exclaimed the controlled voice, sounding pleased but withholding any extreme outbursts of emotion. "Spark! I am unable to see predictions for everyone..." The bird's sentence decreased in volume before trickling to a brief halt. "But! When I saw you, I could read your future! Your road to glory will be rocky, but fulfilling! I would like to accompany you down this 'road'!" The tiny Pokemon's eyes closed in cheerfulness, its eagerness radiating through the glass. Needless to say, Spark found himself hopelessly charmed.

"Well, I don't know anything about any sort of 'road to glory', but I think I've decided which Pokemon to adopt," responded Spark with an embarrassed smile as he wondered just how true a little green bird's fortune could be.

Last edited by Sparkbeat; 05-24-2017 at 12:16 AM.
Old 05-22-2017, 06:48 PM   #98
Schala
Savior of Pokemon-kind

Quote:

Lv. 01 (M) Shinx ($30)
No special moves.
Eskil paused in front of a bustling building. Something felt strange. Off.

"What's wrong?" The Purrloin wrapped around his neck asked, after noticing he'd stopped in the middle of the street.

"...I'm not sure." He muttered back, staring at the building. The sign said it was an adoption center. "Let's go in there, Nyx."

She turned her head to scan the building. With a grimace at the crowd and the noise coming from the building, she acquiesced. "Just make it quick."

Following the strange feeling, Eskil braved the crowd and found himself in an area filled with people and kennels holding varieties of Pokemon. A sign on the wall explained the adoption process and the fees attached to it. He took note of it, still distracted by the feeling in his head urging him on.

He wandered past most of them. They weren't whatever was calling to him.

Near the back, an enclosure with a pair of small, blue, cat-like creatures sat. One was sprawled out napping, but the other sat in the corner, watching with bright golden eyes.

He was standing in front of them before he'd even realized it, hand already reaching out.

The napping one woke up at his proximity and sniffed at his hand, but the unblinking gaze of the other had caught his full attention.

The rush of something in his head (Joy?) felt as alien as the rest of the strange feelings he'd had since waking up, but he picked up the Shinx anyway. He didn't think he had the strength to walk away from the feeling. Eskil turned to find someone to help him with the adoption, leaving the other Shinx behind, disappointed.

Even in his arms, the Pokemon continued to stare. Perhaps his eyes could see whatever was wrong with Eskil. However, whatever the Shinx saw, he put up no fuss at being taken.

Nyx shifted on her perch as he finalized the adoption, but didn't comment. He'd have to talk with her later about the strange feelings. They were becoming more frequent.

OOC: Adopting this Lv. 1 male Shinx with $30. Placing in this Pokeball (13 of 50, last used here).
Old 05-22-2017, 06:51 PM   #99
Patches
Shake it!

Quote:

Lv. 01 (F) Swablu ($30)
No special moves.
I would like to adopt this Swablu please! Here is my payment and I'll be placing her into one of my regular pokeballs.

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 05-22-2017, 06:52 PM   #100
Nerd Violence
Sayonara Bye Bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
Keith couldn't help but smile as he entered the Adoption Center. It was far less crowded than last time, now that the likes of the Larvesta, the Dratini, and the Aerodactyl had been adopted. But even so, there were still gems to find in the Adoption Center beyond the ultra-popular species of Pokémon, Keith knew. Hell, his Qwilfish, Venomoth, Crobat, Stunfisk, and Tympole were living proof of this.

He wandered in, looking around. There were a fair amount of Shuppet, a species Keith had become somewhat partial to in years past... there was one Horsea that looked somehow stronger than anything else in there... a Koffing, a Qwilfish... he even recognized one as a Binacle, a species of Pokémon he'd seen before and remembered as being pretty cool...

"Vulpix~"

Keith looked down at the source of the voice, and he couldn't help but smile even wider- a small brownish-reddish fox with multiple tails had walked up to him, and was nuzzling his leg. He knew what this was, but out came the Pokédex in any case.

"Vulpix- Normal Form- the Fox Pokémon. A Fire-type. Vulpix can freely control fire, creating fiery orbs and sending them flying at its enemies. As its body grows larger, its six warm tails become more beautiful with a more luxurious coat of fur, and just before evolving, the tails grow as hot as fire."

Keith chuckled, scooping the Vulpix into his arms. "Well, you're a cute one," he said. "And you know something- I've trained a fair amount of Fire-types before, so I think I'd do well with you. My name's Keith. What do you think, Vulpix- want to come with me?"

"Vul... Pix! Vulpix!" Vulpix yapped happily, before licking Keith's face. Keith laughed as the licking tickled his face, having gotten all the answer he needed and then some.

"Heh heh... OK, I take that as a yes," he grinned as Vulpix stopped licking him. "Seems to me all you need now is a nickname, hm? Lemme see... whoa," he murmured, catching sight of the front window- the clouds from earlier had dispersed completely, giving way to bright sunlight. "Wow- it wasn't that sunny out earlier," he stated.

"Vul! Vulpix vul!" Vulpix replied, sounding rather pleased with herself.

"Wh... Vulpix, did you do that?" Keith asked, sounding rather impressed. By way of an answer, the Pokédex spoke up.

"Vulpix's Hidden Ability- Drought. Vulpix is able to summon intense sunlight by its mere presence. Usually only activates in battle, but it can be triggered in non-combat situations."

"Alright, that's pretty handy," Keith grinned. "I mean, hey, as long as you don't stop it from raining at least occasionally, right? Sometimes rain is necessary, yeah?"

"Vul," nodded Vulpix.

"Well, considering this little talent you got... what say we name you Sunny?" Keith suggested. He then laughed, for by way of an answer, Vulpix started licking him again. "Ha ha- OK, yeah, that's a yes," he laughed. "Ha- oh, I think we're gonna be good friends," he smiled. He produced from his backpack a Premier Ball and offered it to Sunny, who cutely pressed one of her front paws to the button, allowing herself to be caught with no trouble.

Satisfied with what he was about to walk out of the Adoption Center with, Keith first walked over to the counter, intent on paying for his new Vulpix.

OOC: Adopting the level 1 female Normal Form Vulpix, putting her in the first of five Premier Balls, naming her Sunny, and declaring her Ability to be Drought. Payment: 30

It's a dreary sort of day when you arrive at the Adoption Center, but that doesn't sully your good mood. Though a bit busy, it's nothing like it was the last time you were here; no throngs of people jostling for supremacy or escaped Pokémon running lose.

Well... that last part might not be accurate, as you soon find out. You're distracted by a friendly little Vulpix rubbing against your leg,. Though you're familiar with her species, you consult your Pokédex anyway, and when you pick her up, she quickly goes for the face, slurping away happily. What a warm tongue! You do have that charm, don't you? Keith Masters, Pokémon Whisperer. Of course, it's a two-way street, and you're pretty smitten with her, too; in fact, you don't even need to look around. You'd be happy to take this little cutie home with you, if she's interested -- which she totally is! You make an offer, and she enthusiastically agrees. Now all she needs is a nickname...

As you're considering this, an errant glance out the window reveals something amazing: the clouds over the immediate area have completely cleared! You comment on miracle, and Vulpix chimes in pridefully. Could she have-? Your Pokédex seems to confirm as much. Drought -- what a fantastic ability! Imagine, a creature that can bring along the sunny days...

Sunny days...

Another problem solved, you head for the counter, to pay the adoption fee, Sunny's warm body craddled in your arms.

Adoption of Lv. 01 (F) Vulpix confirmed.

Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records