UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > UPN News

Old 05-10-2016, 12:37 PM   #126
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」

Send a message via Skype™ to kusari
Spoiler: show

Serebii Joe retweeted this image. Top left above the whiteboard. Eight silhouettes, four with names. Could it be Gym Leaders as an Easter Egg? I wouldn't put it past Nintendo. Looks like Caitlin, Pablo, Hoku(?), and Ed fron left to right. Caitlin is the only one that goves me pause because GF wouldn't reuse the name and I'm a bit hesitant to think the Caitlin we already have would go from Frontier Brain to E4 to Gym Leader. Seems like a series of demotions.
Old 05-10-2016, 12:38 PM   #127
Mercutio
Banned

One is super cute. One is blah. One is possibly mentally challenged.
Mercutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 12:57 PM   #128
Escalion
Getting married! :D

Send a message via Skype™ to Escalion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercutio View Post
One is super cute. One is blah. One is possibly mentally challenged.
That sums up my idea about them too.
Old 05-10-2016, 12:58 PM   #129
Slash
Silver LO

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
Dewott

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys View Post
Litten continues the fan theory that Fire starters are from the Chinese Zodiac:

(maybe someday I'll get that Minotaur Pokemon I've been wanting...)

edit: Answer my poll thing
But Fennekin's not a dog, and Cyndaquil's not a rat?

I literally squeed at Popplio. May end up my new favourite. Such a great Water starter after last gen's letdown.

And a grass owl! That's cool. It's adorable but looks like it can hold its own, too. Which, given the typing, may not prove true, but we can dream, right?

Litten is cutish I guess. Its colouration could be better. It's not cool like Liepard, but it's not terrible like Purugly. We'll see.

I think the only Gen where I had a better first impression of the starters was Gen V. Good work.

Sun legend is pretty epic, I'm impressed. Moon legend... well, I think it has potential, but the small shots we got didn't seem too flattering. I'd like to see better pictures before I make a full judgment there.
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 01:05 PM   #130
Sneaze
Mrow?

>Region revealed based on Hawaii

7.8/10 too much water

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 01:12 PM   #131
Slash
Silver LO

Send a message via Yahoo to Slash Send a message via Skype™ to Slash
Knew that was coming.
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 01:24 PM   #132
Emi
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Emi
Foxes are technically canines and Cyndaquil is the "Fire Mouse" Pokemon.
Old 05-10-2016, 01:32 PM   #133
deoxys
Fog Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash View Post
[COLOR="SlateGray"]

But Fennekin's not a dog, and Cyndaquil's not a rat?
"Dogs belong to the taxonomic family Canidae (canines) which is divided into two tribes: those related to wolves (Canini) and those related to foxes (Vulpini)."

and Cyndaquil is listed as the 'Fire Mouse' Pokemon.

Due to these, it's pretty easy to argue that they are both still draw their influence from the zodiac.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 01:56 PM   #134
gmoyes
Thunder Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to gmoyes
My opinions on the reveals:

Rowlett is cute, no argument. However with that typing I have a fear that it may be like Chikorita and do poorly with most of the gyms. However with it being a tropical region and having an ice gym in gens 4-6 might mean that its biggest weakness might not be too much of a issue.

Litten I think is my favourite. It looks kinda simple, but I find it oddly hilarious and awesome that its described as having its fire attacks based of flaming hairballs. Pretty original idea there.

Popplio is... eh. Looks rather goofy and we've already had two line of water typed seals that were somewhat lacklustre. Of course, seeing the final evolutions of these Pokemon and seeing what type the gyms are might change these opinions.

The box legendaries look interesting, but I can't wait to hear about the lore behind them. However, I find them a little too similar to X&Y's legendaries, one quadrupedal, one flying. And there is presumably a third one waiting in the wings to complete the triad.

Hawaii is an interesting region to go to. While I'm not particularly familiar with the area, I know it's rather diverse in the people there and it has several observatories that tie into the whole sun and moon thing. I can't wait to hear more info.
gmoyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 01:56 PM   #135
Zelphon
Caffeinated

Send a message via Skype™ to Zelphon
Fuck yeah, a new owl.

Zelphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 02:30 PM   #136
Heather
Naga's Voice

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

OH MY GOD HYPE HYPE HYPE

CANNOT CHOOSE B/W FIRE AND WATER, I WANT A CAT BECAUSE CAT PRRSON BUT THAT SEAL IS ADORABLE

CUSTOMIZATION IS BACK PLEASE YES OH MY GOD YES BIGGER WARDROBES PLEEEEEASE YESSSSSSS

NOT TO SAY THAT THE DEFAULTS DON'T LOOK COOL, THEY'RE ACTUALLY REALLY GOOD THIS TIME

Okay let me calm down a second because I need to point out one thing. Notice a lot of the areas pointed out. I can point out multiple parallels to Ranger: Guardian Signs. That wooden stage that gets run across? Looks a lot like the Rainbow Dais stage from Renbow Island. One of those dirt paths looks a lot like a splice from the ruins where you run into Suicune in that game as well. And yet we had to have the entirely new region despite the fact that the place is literally Oblivia 2 the electric boogaloo like seriously that place even had lore tied to Lati@s so we could have had Soaring again too. But I guess it's not so bad. I'll admit I though Sun!Legend was Mega Entei for a second.

BUT SERIOUSLY CAT OR SEAL WHAT DO I DO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 03:22 PM   #137
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myles Fowl II View Post
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

OH MY GOD HYPE HYPE HYPE

CANNOT CHOOSE B/W FIRE AND WATER, I WANT A CAT BECAUSE CAT PRRSON BUT THAT SEAL IS ADORABLE

CUSTOMIZATION IS BACK PLEASE YES OH MY GOD YES BIGGER WARDROBES PLEEEEEASE YESSSSSSS

NOT TO SAY THAT THE DEFAULTS DON'T LOOK COOL, THEY'RE ACTUALLY REALLY GOOD THIS TIME

Okay let me calm down a second because I need to point out one thing. Notice a lot of the areas pointed out. I can point out multiple parallels to Ranger: Guardian Signs. That wooden stage that gets run across? Looks a lot like the Rainbow Dais stage from Renbow Island. One of those dirt paths looks a lot like a splice from the ruins where you run into Suicune in that game as well. And yet we had to have the entirely new region despite the fact that the place is literally Oblivia 2 the electric boogaloo like seriously that place even had lore tied to Lati@s so we could have had Soaring again too. But I guess it's not so bad. I'll admit I though Sun!Legend was Mega Entei for a second.

BUT SERIOUSLY CAT OR SEAL WHAT DO I DO
I'd suggest Litten, personally, because it's Litten.
Old 05-10-2016, 03:23 PM   #138
Raves
a quick fly cuppa

Location: Life and love make fools of us all. Gods reject the existence of love and life.
Send a message via Skype™ to Raves
>mfw we europeans get it later than everyone else

Why does GF hate us so?

Unruly Premonition.
Raves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 03:24 PM   #139
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
They kind of screwed up the sea lion (It's the nose). Go with Litten. Firey hairballs of death.

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 03:35 PM   #140
Sneaze
Mrow?

I genuinely hope that the adkrable bowtie means we will get an a rather dapper final evolution owl.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 03:44 PM   #141
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Is it just me or do all the starters seem rather circus-y?

私のことを消して本気で愛さないで 恋なんてただのゲーム 楽しめばそれでいい
閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 03:47 PM   #142
Whimsy
Dance till you're dead~

Send a message via Skype™ to Whimsy
THEY DO AND I LOVE IT
legit when Gen VII is released in Fizzy Bubbles, I will be snatching up Mr. Sea Lion and he and my Panpour will be adorable clown buddies

Fizzy Bubbles Profile/Whimlist/ASB/Wild Future
Inactive Ref, laziness op~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost™ View Post
In Mother 3 Swampy was Flint and you were Hinawa. You two were a wonderful couple. Icarus was your dog, and Toy and I were your twin sons. Well, until a dinosaur impaled you through the heart. So yes, where is he!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Panda View Post
#still
#fucking
#salty

Whimsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 03:50 PM   #143
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whimsy View Post
THEY DO AND I LOVE IT
legit when Gen VII is released in Fizzy Bubbles, I will be snatching up Mr. Sea Lion and he and my Panpour will be adorable clown buddies
>Generation VII in Fizzy Bubbles

...Ooh, that should prove interesting. I'll probably want a Litten something fierce, but Meowth has consistently insisted on being the only cat on the team.
Old 05-10-2016, 03:51 PM   #144
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Top tier husbando right here.

私のことを消して本気で愛さないで 恋なんてただのゲーム 楽しめばそれでいい
閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 03:57 PM   #145
PikaGod
Marsh Badge

As per usual the Grass starter is the best starter. Look at dat owl its so adorbs.
Old 05-10-2016, 04:04 PM   #146
Emp
Volcano Badge

I really like Rowlett and Litten - I'll probably have to go with the Rowlett as I always struggle to find a flyer during my playthrough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
Hawaii, huh? Won't lie: I'm surprised. We returned to America after departing for Europe. Now Kalos feels even weirder to me. Like ... why didn't we just stay in America for several generations like we did Japan if we were going to come back soon anyway? If we were going to leave, then I feel like we should've stayed gone longer. This return to America seems unfair to other countries.[/spoiler]
You're not wrong, but would you really call Hawaii a return to America in the same way you would if they had set the game in Los Angeles, Seattle, Texas etc.?

I figured Hawaii's Polynesian culture was still fairly intact, albeit artificially for the sake of its tourism industry. If anything France and New York have more in common due to their shared ancestry.

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Emp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 04:50 PM   #147
Ex-Admiral Insane
Marsh Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to Ex-Admiral Insane
Pfft, I have to be honest that I was a bit let down about the new starters and legendaries, but I've mulled it over and I like them quite a bit.
Rowlett might prove to be an interesting evolution. It's 'powerful kicks' (according to Serebii translation) gives me the idea it would be Grass/Fighting eventually. Litten, ugh, another cat Pokémon? This had better be some kick-ass tiger or something because it's facing stiff competition to get a unique and interesting design. Popplio was the one that made me think this was a joke, but I have to say that it grew on me. I mean I can understand the idea of having some Pokémon that seem more domesticated and such and I can't wait to see what it's final evolution would look like, especially with those signature balloon bubbles. I'm going to wait for the final evolutions to come out before I make any decisions. I can't choose right now any way. I love lions and their manes and such, but I have to say I prefer the Moon legendary. I agree that the lion looks awesome though (tough choices). And yay for customisation. And yay for Electric Gym Leader Wattson returning with a frown and a suntan to become the new Professor (I assume?)

Also, I just want to say: the last 2 generations had a certain theme to the starters. The Unova region had a European-Chinese-Japanese history theme while Kalos had the RPG Warrior-Magician-Rogue theme. With how Popplio looks I'm expecting some kind of stage/entertainment theme happening. I mean I can very easily imagine Rowlett developing some kind of Kabuki mask theme in it's further evolutions. Just look at it's face right now (personal feeling). Litten's description has it as a Pokémon that doesn't display it's emotion which kind of reminds me of something but I can't place my finger on (anyone???).

Last thing: Obviously, this would be the dumbest generation ever to decide to remove the Day/Night cycle. I'm just saying, with Sun and Moon, this should be expected.

Fizzy Bubbles Team:
Party:
Traitors:
Lost Souls:
Ex-Admiral Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 04:52 PM   #148
Toyo
hail

customization is back the world is good again

poppippillo is my favorite starter but the other two are cuties

cover legends are pretty, i like sun's better because of their space face but moon's attack he used looks sick
Toyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 05:33 PM   #149
uhhhhh
Beloved Mascot

Send a message via Skype™ to uhhhhh
Oh man all three starters look good but I'm gonna have to go with Popplio on this one for me. xd
uhhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 05:33 PM   #150
Heather
Naga's Voice

Getting Sun, Moon's legend...does not impress.

I'm gonna have to go Litten though. It'll be my first time going into a region for the first time with the Fire starter, and I'm such a cat person. Litten final evo for my eventual Cat Gym huh huh yeah you know it. Will definitely go for Popplio in some way after clearing my blind nuzlocke (first playthrough), though. It's too adorable to pass up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > UPN News