UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Fanart & Fanfiction

Old 07-04-2012, 04:38 PM   #1
KratosAurion
Soul Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to KratosAurion
The Aurion Gallery of 4 Panel Comics!

So yeah, since the Gym Leader thing was boring the hell out of everyone, I have decided to make a small series out of this, rather than what it was before. So yeah, perhaps this could work... I think.

All of the drawings are handmade, and pictured, then transfered to a PC, and finally uploaded, since I can't really work out my scanner. Here's hoping I can at least get a few smiles on the faces of my readers, if any. So yeah, please enjoy and comment to your heart's content.

Chapter 001: D - O - G - A - R - S?

Enjoy!

// PASBL // Wild Future //

Last edited by KratosAurion; 07-12-2012 at 05:34 PM.
KratosAurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 05:00 PM   #2
Talon87
時の彼方へ

+10 to this concept, I love reading fandom comics when I am a part of the fandom.

That stated, I gotta admit I don't get what's happening in the debut comic. ^_^;

Spoiler: show
Roxie appears to be jamming on her Venipede guitar in the first panel. Then I totally don't understand the second panel. It's an odd cutaway to the window and floor with Roxie and Koffing somewhere beneath the panel, Roxie's hair barely peeking out and ... wait, what's going on with Koffing? I'm so confused! His skull and crossbones are visible but the rest of his body is not. Then in Panel 3 he's singing lyrics that are death metal-ey. And then in the final panel it's "DOGARS!" from the game song-turned-meme. My guess is that you're saying this:
  • "D!" = Koffing hears this as "Split"
  • "O!" = Koffing hears this as "your"
  • "G!" = Koffing hears this as "lungs"
  • "A!" = Koffing hears this as "with"
  • "R!" = Koffing hears this as "blood"
  • "S!" = Koffing hears this as "and"
  • "DOGARS!" = Koffing hears this as "thunder!"
since the syllables all match up (1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, and then 2). But ... I really don't understand what's going on in Panel 2. ^_^;

Maybe you can make the comic a little clearer, I dunno? Or maybe I'm alone in not getting this one and everyone else will get it? (If they do, they need to speak up!) But I 100% support the idea of Pokemon comics.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 05:11 PM   #3
KratosAurion
Soul Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon87 View Post
+10 to this concept, I love reading fandom comics when I am a part of the fandom.

That stated, I gotta admit I don't get what's happening in the debut comic. ^_^;

Roxie appears to be jamming on her Venipede guitar in the first panel. Then I totally don't understand the second panel. It's an odd cutaway to the window and floor with Roxie and Koffing somewhere beneath the panel, Roxie's hair barely peeking out and ... wait, what's going on with Koffing? I'm so confused! His skull and crossbones are visible but the rest of his body is not. Then in Panel 3 he's singing lyrics that are death metal-ey. And then in the final panel it's "DOGARS!" from the game song-turned-meme. My guess is that you're saying this:
  • "D!" = Koffing hears this as "Split"
  • "O!" = Koffing hears this as "your"
  • "G!" = Koffing hears this as "lungs"
  • "A!" = Koffing hears this as "with"
  • "R!" = Koffing hears this as "blood"
  • "S!" = Koffing hears this as "and"
  • "DOGARS!" = Koffing hears this as "thunder!"
since the syllables all match up (1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, and then 2). But ... I really don't understand what's going on in Panel 2. ^_^;

Maybe you can make the comic a little clearer, I dunno? Or maybe I'm alone in not getting this one and everyone else will get it? (If they do, they need to speak up!) But I 100% support the idea of Pokemon comics.
I kinda expected this not to be so clear, since I probably screwed up when drawing it, but here's the proper explanation. It's a lot simpler than it seems. And indeed, Koffing is singing in Japanese, even though he's actually singing an English song. So yeah, I'll be drawing the II so as to correct the first's mistakes.

Homika's simply comin' back into the Gym from a jam session, as usual, but when she approaches the stage, she hears some noise... Her Koffing, perhaps? Also, the skull and bones in panel 2 along those papers on the wall are meant as grafitty, merely an accent that seemingly I misdrew. And the hair is Homika's... which I made so as to give the impression she's there, but without actually drawing her, since I am terrible at that. Next panel, it's what's running through Koffing's mind, as evidenced by the bubbles that link to the text. He's singing a few lines from Mastodon's hit Metal song, Blood and Thunder, something Homika may have on her record collection, so to speak, which Koffing took a liking to when he heard it.

The final panel is pretty much what we, as humans, would hear Koffing sing, as opposed to what he is actually singing in Pokemon language.

So, that's pretty much it, glad to see someone liked the idea, which actually motivates me to draw more. I got a few ideas, so I'll probably have more up by tonight.

Last edited by KratosAurion; 07-04-2012 at 05:21 PM.
Old 07-04-2012, 08:39 PM   #4
KratosAurion
Soul Badge

While I'm on it, I present you Comic 002, which is a request from Daisy Inari herself. She told me to feature Falkner and Skyla, so here is the best I could come up with. Initially I had planned a Pidgey Vs Ducklett kind of thing, but then Swanna got into my head and, well, it then migrated tto the paper. Please enjoy!

Chapter 002: The Bird Cage Bout!

Enjoy!

In this one I took the liberty of experimenting with lots of things, like onomatopeias thrown in, a (lame) Battle sequence, human characters fully drawn, and "split screen", if you could call it so. Had fun drawing the last 3 panels, but the first was kinda difficult given my level of attention to detail. Anyways, feedback would be much appreciated!

I am also EXTREMELY pleased with how Falkner looks. Kinda like the hair and that face I managed to pull off, and the clothing is pretty darn cool, so mad props to Sugimouri for designing such a badass Gym Leader.

Last edited by KratosAurion; 07-04-2012 at 08:44 PM.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:38 PM   #5
KratosAurion
Soul Badge

OK, since my previous works didn't quite get any attention (Aside from Talon's and Daisy's, which I appreciate... a lot...) I've decided to move this thread in a new direction, and make it a series of comics linked together in a series.

The topic? Everyone's favourite, of course, a Pokemon Adventure, started from the very start, which that includes, of course, Starters, and the name of the Trainer in question, aside from Gender. Of course, everything will hopefully get started soon, and people will perhaps react to THIS one. So yeah... Here's hoping at least some people will look forward to it.

Last edited by KratosAurion; 07-12-2012 at 05:49 PM.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:44 PM   #6
Charminions
Your reality is mine

You should do a Nuzlocke comic since Daisy is the only other person on this forum who is doing one. Just a suggestion.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:47 PM   #7
KratosAurion
Soul Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charminions View Post
You should do a Nuzlocke comic since Daisy is the only other person on this forum who is doing one. Just a suggestion.
That's the idea I'm trying to make with this thing. So yeah, you heard 'im, boys and girls, send in some suggestions and let's kick this up. Also, you can also vote for your favourite UPNers to be the main character in question.

Old 07-12-2012, 06:12 PM   #8
Jerichi
プラスチック♡ラブ

Not all of us who look at your work comment, since a lot of us don't have anything constructive to say.

So don't give up, Kratos!

私のことを消して本気で愛さないで 恋なんてただのゲーム 楽しめばそれでいい
閉ざした心を飾る 派手なドレスも靴も 孤独の友達

asbwffb

[jerichi]
Jerichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:46 PM   #9
Sneaze
Mrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerichi View Post
Not all of us who look at your work comment, since a lot of us don't have anything constructive to say.

So don't give up, Kratos!
This.

Also, some people, such as myself, take forever to actually view threads, and tend to find this stuff a bit late.

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Sneaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:32 PM   #10
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

Unfortunately, I didn't get the comics, if there was a joke or not, if there was a story. But yeah, keep working. Artists don't become great just by wanting to be.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 05:17 PM   #11
phoopes
Double Dragon

Good news everyone Kratos! I enjoyed and understood exactly what was happening in both comics. I think your best "scene" was the battle scene in the second comic. I think it did a good job of showing what an aerial battle would look like from a spectator's perspective between two skillful Pokemon. So good job, and I'm looking forward more comics.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:35 PM   #12
Hanatori
Skippy.

Jumpluff

I was in the "didn't get it" camp re: the Homika comic and kept wanting to say something constructive on how to improve it after reading the explanation, but had no idea how to phrase it (and still don't know how to without resorting to redrawing a couple of panels and it seems a bit arsey to redraw someone's image for the sake of concrit). Terribly sorry. D=

But yes, do keep at it if you enjoy making the comics! Not everyone who views a thread comments by a long shot, and people definitely do view the threads here. The art forum commenters do seem to notice if you've made a lot of noticeable improvement over time (see: Copy's thread), so they are paying attention even if they don't say much.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Fanart & Fanfiction