UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 07:16 PM   #2826
Princess Ana
Barghest Barghest Barghe-

Send a message via Skype™ to Princess Ana
All Noble Knights need is a more consistent Medraut.
Old 01-29-2014, 07:24 PM   #2827
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Send a message via AIM to Doppleganger
Literally this one guy starts with an open field, and normal summons Medraut. I BTH, then the next turn he summons another Medraut. The rest of the turn goes:

-he attatches Gallatin from the hand
-uses Medraut's ability to special Borz from the deck
-attaches Gallatin to Borz from the grave
-uses Borz to search out Excalibur, Caliburn, and Destiny
-XYZ's into Artorigus, attaches all three
-sets Mirror Force, ends turn

I suppose Effect Veiler could have stopped that madness, but it's still madness. Even with Maxx "C" that's only a +2 to deal with Destiny and Caliburn, which re-equip once destroyed. You have to MST Excalibur, then banish or bounce Artorigus. Otherwise, use a non-targeting effect to defeat Artorigus, which isn't easy when he can nuke the field with his effect on the controller's turn.

Stupid support.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-29-2014, 08:21 PM   #2828
Princess Ana

Here is what I've learned in my dueling experience:

-Noble Knight Players always start off with two or more Medraut
-Evilswarm decks always top-deck Kerkeyion once you've finally managed to beat over the 2 Ophion they have out

I managed to lose against a Noble Knight deck with Fire Fist because he MST'd my Gyouko so when I went to go into Swallow I got BTH'd. :/
Old 01-29-2014, 08:26 PM   #2829
KratosAurion
Soul Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to KratosAurion
So, Dopple was helping me out with some Budget Deck ideas. On that train of thought, here I appear to ask for further assistance. A few questions to begin with:

- Does Dark World require an Extra Deck to win consistently? I personally just depend on Grapha when I play mine over on DN. (Yes Blaze, I removed Reckless. Never actually used it, just subbed it out for cooler stuff.)
- As much as Wind-Ups is dead, it's ridiculously cheap these days, is there some way to make an actual usable Deck with them for casual play?
- Since this is casual play, Gladiator Beast is NOT out of the question.

Those are just a couple of archetypes that seemed interesting, and would remain fun to play after a while. Of course, I'm open to suggestions, ideas, critiques and hate. I'm over on DN if anyone wants a pickup match or 2.

// PASBL // Wild Future //
Old 01-29-2014, 08:28 PM   #2830
Princess Ana

Dark World doesn't need much of an extra, though it helps immensely. The problem is if you are going to ditch the extra, the best plan from there is to abuse the Virus cards...which are expensive as fuck.
Old 01-29-2014, 08:31 PM   #2831
KratosAurion
Soul Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazeVA View Post
Dark World doesn't need much of an extra, though it helps immensely. The problem is if you are going to ditch the extra, the best plan from there is to abuse the Virus cards...which are expensive as fuck.
Actually, I have found a couple of sources that sell them for less than a buck a pop. They're not that expensive if you go for the common, Structure Deck versions, so they're worth considering.

Old 01-29-2014, 08:31 PM   #2832
Princess Ana

Oh. Well then go for it. EEV and DDV can completely wreck decks. (EEV in particular makes Noble Knights cry.) You got a couple copies of Dark Smog?
Old 01-29-2014, 08:35 PM   #2833
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

Glads/Gyzarus spam might not be that bad an idea if you splash it in with something else (i.e., 4-Axis Fire Fist or Bujin), like with kusari's Macro Glads. phoopes has the most experience with DW so he's someone to ask.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-29-2014, 08:39 PM   #2834
KratosAurion
Soul Badge

Quote:
Oh. Well then go for it. EEV and DDV can completely wreck decks. (EEV in particular makes Noble Knights cry.) You got a couple copies of Dark Smog?
I got nothing, I'm just thinking things through before committing to making the Deck. Got a few solid copies of many general staples (3 MST, Torrential Tribute, Dark Hole, etc.) I can acquire, however, a core consisting of:
- Grapha 3x
- Broww 3x
- Snoww 3x
- Trance Archfiend 2x
- Allure of Darkness 1x
- Darkworld Dealings 3x
- Upstart Goblin 3x
- Dragged Down into the Grave 3x
- The Gates of the Underworld 3x

That has been testing nicely. I'd just need to fill in the rest. No Tour Guide (Expensive, No Extra Deck) leaves a few open spots I'll have to fill.

I've also been looking into Traptrix, and Chain Beat. They both require skill, thinking, are relatively inexpensive, and the Extra CAN be paid, unlike MPBs and Wind-Ups.

Old 01-29-2014, 08:47 PM   #2835
Princess Ana

I wouldn't recommend Allure of Darkness, the deck pretty much already turboes like mad. If you want more speed, consider Trade-In. Also, Foolish Burial since you want Grapha in the grave as soon as possible. You want some bouncing things as well, most like Sillva or Beiige.

A lot of other things are merely tech choices. Fabled Raven opens up the possibility of Dark Highlander and Ancient Fairy Dragon. Dark Smog provides very great graveyard control since its a trap. The Viruses are crippling.

I will confess i don't know much about prices but I'll at least pitch you a couple of suggestions.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:09 PM   #2836
KratosAurion
Soul Badge

This is what I've been running recently. I'm more interested on the Control variant of this. It's ridiculously fun to play, however, so I may well bring this one to life, with several cuts, however. Mostly, Tour Guide, Duality, Mirror Force, and some other cards I don't own, nor afford.

Here's my "Speed Demon" Deck. (I R Feend Komeediun)
Spoiler: show

Old 01-29-2014, 09:31 PM   #2837
Fallen Icarus
Confident in the present

Send a message via AIM to Fallen Icarus Send a message via Skype™ to Fallen Icarus
Chain Beat decks are amazingly awesome and are really cheap to make. Perhaps you should give it a gander?
Old 01-29-2014, 11:38 PM   #2838
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

This guy was PISSED.

I didn't even get my power play off...he successfully disrupted it, but just misplayed using Blade Armor Ninja instead of a better Rank 4 XYZ. And I was able to overpower it.

He was harassing me throughout the game, too, criticizing for miscounting the damage he did and blaming his deck for bad draws.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 01-30-2014, 11:20 AM   #2839
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

And with this...

My last rated game of the format. I've already pushed experience and right now I've been hovering around .500 wins, so I've found my limit in luck and ability, it seems.

Until Moon Flower comes out, I don't think this deck will get any better. But in spite of that, even using the subpar Black Rose, I've found that I've accomplished my wish in using almost 100% of my Extra Deck. The only cards I don't use often anymore are Catastor (who, I feel, I might finally get rid of for good) and Orient, Orient being pretty situational anyway.

I feel like the only real upgrades in power for Stardust Stun from here on will be off the banlist. If ROTA goes to 2-3, that will massively increase my consistency because being able to search Doppelwarrior and Junk Synchron > Junk Synchron + Unknown Synchron. But aside from that, there isn't a lot more room to improve barring new XYZs or ways to search Spellcasters or pre-emptively stop hand traps.
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて

Last edited by Doppleganger; 01-30-2014 at 11:34 AM.
Old 01-30-2014, 11:21 AM   #2840
KratosAurion
Soul Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Icarus View Post
Chain Beat decks are amazingly awesome and are really cheap to make. Perhaps you should give it a gander?
Sure, I've been working on a few skeletons. Most involve 3x Wind-Up Rabbit, 3x Evilswarm Thunderbird, 2x Traptrix Myrmyleo, and Thunder King Rai-Oh. For some reason, I also feel Fossil Dyna could be put to work on that.

Old 01-30-2014, 11:25 AM   #2841
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger View Post
I feel like the only real upgrades in power for Stardust Stun from here on will be off the banlist. If ROTA goes to 2-3, that will massively increase my consistency because being able to search Doppelwarrior and Junk Synchron > Junk Synchron + Unknown Synchron. But aside from that, there isn't a lot more room to improve barring new XYZs or ways to search Spellcasters or pre-emptively stop hand traps.
You never know. They might release a card in the future which outperforms Doppelwarrior. Or they might release one which outperforms Reckless Greed. They might even release one which outperforms the cosmic cruncher of stars. Who knows what the future may bring.
Old 01-30-2014, 03:46 PM   #2842
Doppleganger
我が名は勇者王!

I just did some math. In my deck, having x2 ROTA and x2 Tuning yields almost the same probability of opening with Junk Synchron, Doppelwarrior and a Level 1 Tuner as running x3 ROTA. So, ROTA doesn't even have to be *unlimited*, a semi would be a massive 13% increase in consistency, with no change in total cards.

For reference, the original Dragon Rulers were something like 75-80% consistency for their opening plays. 24 Dragon Rulers was already half the deck, so 43% is dang good. Just one card!
あきらめない 心かさね
永遠を抱きしめて
Old 02-03-2014, 08:03 PM   #2843
Princess Ana

I would love to know how you figured those calcs Dopple.

Anyone want to have a duel against me? I'm feeling really in the dumps and kinda need a pick me up duel today.
Old 02-03-2014, 10:26 PM   #2844
KratosAurion
Soul Badge

Guess I am an official, certified douche for bringing Chain Beat to a "Pick-Me-Up". Too bad DN keeps making it finish a game impossible. So far, it has denied me Duels with both, Dopple and Blaze. I'm this close to making the jump over to YGO Pro.

Old 02-03-2014, 10:27 PM   #2845
Princess Ana

Nah, to be fair, there is this element of joy when I beat Chain Beat. :3
Old 02-03-2014, 10:51 PM   #2846
KratosAurion
Soul Badge

Quote:
Nah, to be fair, there is this element of joy when I beat Chain Beat. :3
We'll have to wait 'till next time, then. It seemed like it was gonna be a fun match. Chain Beat and Fire Fist are an interesting game, for sure. (Inb4Gyokko.)

Old 02-03-2014, 10:58 PM   #2847
Princess Ana

Gyoukko is a pretty amazing card. I run two because three gets to be very cloggy. In general, I find that you want to keep the number of non-expendable Fire formation cards(Gyoukko, Tensu) to a minimum.

But man 3 Axis can be somewhat difficult to work with. Thankfully, Rekindling exists.
Old 02-04-2014, 12:10 PM   #2848
Princess Ana

So I've done a little bit of AI testing with Horn of the Phantom Beast in 4-Axis, and its turning out to be pretty good. Gorilla is the best target since he should be attacking monsters in the first place, and the +2 that results is pretty incredible. The ATK boost isn't as strong as Tensen(800 compared to 1000), but its permanent, which is nice when you need to beat over something later in the game. The only problem I have with it is you can't ditch it for Bear/Gorilla. But so far its testing pretty nicely.
Old 02-04-2014, 02:37 PM   #2849
KratosAurion
Soul Badge

Anyone know if the "Mythic Dragons" were widely abused? I'm rather surprised I haven't seen more of them. Been playing around with a prototype for a couple of nights on my spare time. Here, take a look:

Spoiler: show

The main idea behind it is using Masked Dragon, along hefty Card Drawing to bring in an early Felgrand using Mythic Tree Dragon to Copy Mythic Water Dragon's Level. Dracossack can also be Summoned using Tidal as another Mythic Tree Dragon Target. Same case for Dragon Ice, who allows for Level 5 Plays. Kidmodo Dragon is an option, as he is basically another Earth Dragon for use along Mythic Water Dragon, but he does seems unnecessary, given how Mythic Water and Mythic Tree Dragon interact with each other. I'm inclined to focus this on Felgrand alone, or on Dracossack / Felgrand Spam, along with a heavy Trap lineup.

Thoughts? Critiques? Hate? Now, I hope this Deck hasn't been popular, topped or anything, if so, I'd be looking pretty silly by trying out this concept.

Old 02-04-2014, 02:40 PM   #2850
Princess Ana

Dark World has topped so far more than Dragon Rulers.

But yeah Mythic Rulers tends to be pretty good. It was better before but you might want to consider adding in a Plant engine in there, with Lonefire Blossom and Fallen Angel of Roses? I think that's the card. When I asked what was the most popular after the banlist, it was Mythic Plants.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment