UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games

Old 05-28-2007, 08:54 PM   #1
Skrusti
Boulder Badge

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Who else has this game for the PC/360? I just got to play it for the first time this weekend on the 360, and then went out today and bought it for the PC. It's an awesome game from what I've seen so far. I'm a Khajit Assassin (just escaped the sewers), so...yeah. :o
Old 05-28-2007, 10:01 PM   #2
Talon87
時の彼方へ

Re: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

My friend played it for over 100 hours, got 2/3 of the way through the game (by his own estimate; could have been more, could have been less), and then guess what happened?

The game refused to load any of his save files. At all.

He saved them to a memory stick and did a system wipe of Oblivion. (He's a CS major, and one of the most brilliant I've ever known, so yes, he knows what he's doing.) Put the files back onto the drive, hoping it would work with a re-installed Oblivion. No dice. Made new save files with a completely new character back at the beginning. Worked like a charm. Got really pissed off + depressed, rolled two new characters, and then abandoned the game altogether.

And so for this reason, I will never, ever trust a Bethesda game.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 07:26 AM   #3
Ollie
Pokemon Trainer

Oblivion = Perfection. You made a good choice in purchasing such a legendary RPG, Skrusti...I dont think I've ever played a game that can keep the novel amazement going for so long after the first few tries.

I made an evil Khajiit once, scourge of the land he was =D. I think they're the best for stealth, personally, what with them being cats and all. Then again the race usually has little impact on your choice of class, cause now I'm using an Orc Mage =). He's got robes and everything, its great.

I'd reccomend this game to anyone.

..:.:....:.:..
The Theif The Operator The Sentinel

The Jewel
Ollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 03:20 AM   #4
Skrusti
Boulder Badge

See, it maybe because I played it on the Xbox, but I -loathed- Morrowind. None of my magic would ever hit its mark, I would have to hit the attack button 3-5 times before I would actually HIT something (Fighting a mudcrab for cripes sake), it was slow, clunky, and just...bleh.

Oblivion, in my opinion, is absolutely wonderful. You can actually HIT things in the game after only hitting attack once. The graphics are spectacular, and it's extremely fun.
Old 08-14-2007, 12:09 AM   #5
Dark Fire
Boulder Badge

My cousin got Oblivian for his PS3 and I started a file on it.
I'm a level 27 Breton Mage born under the Mage Birthsign. Which means my magicka gets fortified by a 100 =O

Anyway, I didn't even bother with the story. I'm currently doing the Mage's Guild Mission (currently a Worlock) while trying to gather the ingredients needed to create a cure for vampirism, which thus far has been a big nightmare. The game is kick ass, and now I regret not buying Morrowind way back when for my X Box when I had the chance.

All in all, a great game, shame I only have a few more days to play it before I go back home ... at which point I'll have to settle for GoW II ;]

.: FB :.:.: PC :.:.: CC :.:.: TCG :.
Dark Fire is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Video Games