UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL

Old 10-10-2016, 10:22 PM   #1
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Jellicent UPN PASBL: Midgeorge (c) vs Kaylafox (a)

Midgeorge (C) vs Kaylaf0x (A)
2v2
Singles
Equilevel
Slapstick
Switch = KO
DQ = 48HRs
Pummelo: [Indoors/Outdoors] A simple arena, the Pummelo arena consists primarily of fairly easily manipulated soil, with a large circular pool situated at the center of the arena. The pool is deep enough to accomodate most Pokemon, but larger Pokemon will be unable to do more complex maneuvers. The pool is roughly as wide as it is deep. The ground of the remaining arena is rife with rocks and other such minerals, meaning attacks such as Stealth Rock work with impunity, and attacks such as Earthquake will transmit readily. The main aspect setting the Rock arena apart is the numerous boulders interspersed across the field. These will provide ample cover for most smaller Pokemon, and are open for manipulation. This includes being used to fuel attacks such as Rock Slide, as well as being able to be thrown by some stronger Pokemon. Within reason, if one of the batters mentions positioning of a rock, the battler is considered to be correct unless it contradicts a previous statement.

Lets get er done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miror
EK keeping up his streak of being the scummiest motherfucker to ever grace mafia games regardless of his actual alignment
Spoiler: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuckle View Post
Well I don't know I wanted to deal damage and Starmie is inorganic :X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercutio View Post
Starmie is a starfish, it is not inorganic :p
Quote:
Kush I'm TL1. How am I supposed to know things if you don't tell me them?
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concept View Post
I have 1 SP. Retroactively claiming the SP tax on all the things I did whilst LO.

I now have 1 SP.
Eliteknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 04:46 AM   #2
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Thanks for picking this up EK, and good luck Kayla!

Ugo: Level 1 Male Sigilyph (Uplevel)
Sigilyph (Psychic/Flying): Sigilyph don't actually fly. They levitate by default, with a higher flight ceiling and greater speed and agility than most levitating Pokémon. Sigilyph do not take damage from any weather conditions or as a result of any statuses inflicted.

Alfred: Level 1 Male Torkoal
Torkoal (Fire): A Torkoal's shell is tough and attacks which strike there will do reduced damage. Torkoal can retreat in to their shell using a move, protecting their body from harm. However, they are vulnerable if knocked on their backs. Smokescreens and similar moves produced by Torkoal are much more potent then normal. Torkoal are familiar with the Rock-type.
Bio: Alfred is great friends with Carmack, and they both share their love of nature. Whilst Carmack focus' more on protecting nature, Alfred on the other hand embraces the fact that pokemon battles are healthy, and has learned to use the powers of nature to aid him in battle, whilst throwing away his tectonic prowess.
Special Training: 'Coverage' (GR)
Alfred is no longer familiar with the Rock type, but is now familiar with the grass type. He gains access to Seed Bomb, Energy Ball and Giga Drain, and loses the use of Fire Blast, Inferno, and Stone Edge.

Petunia: Level 1 Female Bulbasaur
Bulbasaur (Grass/Poison): Bulbasaur are the most agile, though not fastest, of their line. They have two vines hidden beneath their bulb that they can extend to use to manipulate objects and Pokémon and attack. As starter Pokémon, their Grass-type attacks are slightly more powerful when they drop below 1/3 health.

Maia: Level 1 Female Misdreavus
Misdreavus (Ghost): Misdreavus will usually stay in the ethereal state but can switch to solid or invisible if required. Misdreavus levitate by default but have a lower flight ceiling than most levitating Pokémon and are not particularly fast. They can be poisoned.
Hidden Power: Fighting

Meeka: Level 1 Male Inkay
Inkay (Dark/Psychic): Inkay are able to bioluminesce, allowing them to light up a dark area for an extended period of time by using a move. It costs no energy to maintain this light. Their light-based attacks are slightly more potent than normal. They also can maintain their accuracy regardless of their orientation. They can levitate, moving through small, thrusting motions, much like an aquatic squid which makes them agile but not particularly fast. They are also fairly able swimmers and can stay underwater as long as any Water type. They can expel ink as a defense, using little energy but at the cost of a move, which can be used to blind opponents.
Bio: Meeka loves to mess with people and pokemon. He loves to play tricks on my team, messing up their orientation and making them feel unnerved, but I wasn't sure exactly what was affecting them. One time he decided to play the trick on me, and I freaked out when I thought I was going to fall off the face of the earth. He soon felt guilty and flipped me back up with his Topsy Turvy move, but it was intense. We've developed it into a powerful technique that can be used in battle.
Hidden Power: Rock
Special Move: 'Flip Flop' (DK)
Meeka uses good energy to send out a strange wave of light at the foe, making them think that they're upside down and inflicting them with confusion. This attack also increases the opponents special defense by 10% for a 5 round duration. This attack is less likely to work on opponents with clear minds, and moves such as Focus Energy and Calm Mind will clear the confusion as well as the boost. Meeka can use this move twice per match.

Elise: Level 1 Female Ariados
Ariados (Bug/Poison): Ariados may shoot strands of webbing out of both their fronts and rears. While not powerful enough to damage Pokémon, they can use it to pull themselves from place to place more quickly without it counting as a move. Ariados can climb walls and other objects with ease. Their web attacks will be more effective than usual and cost less energy. In addition, when they fall below 1/3 health, they become empowered, their STAB attacks dealing 10% extra damage.
Hidden Power: Ground

Last edited by Midgeorge; 10-11-2016 at 12:22 PM.
Midgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 12:22 PM   #3
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Just to clarify, this should be Equilevel 1. Apologies for not including it in the stats.
Old 10-11-2016, 01:18 PM   #4
KAYLAF0X
Cascade Badge

Send a message via Skype™ to KAYLAF0X
Here's to hoping that this is super fun!

Jupiter, Level 1 Male Castform
Hidden Power: Ground
Special Technique: "Weather God" (Normal)
Jupiter now gains specific buffs based on the weather that he is in.

Sunny Day: Jupiter gains a boost in speed for 10%
Rain Dance: Jupiter's defense and special defense are boosted by 10%.
Hail: Jupiter gains a 10% increase to attack and Special Attack.

Jupiter can no longer use Hex, Energy Ball, Sandstorm, or Double Edge.

LMNOP, Level 1 Male Mareep
Hidden Power: Water

Undertaker, Level 1 Male Machop
Hidden Power: Dark

Solaire, level 2 Solrock(Uplevel)
Hidden Power: Dark
Special Training: "Sunlight Spear" (Electric)
Solaire is now familiar with electric type. It has gained the moves Discharge, Thunderbolt, and Volt Switch. It can no longer use Rock Slide, Rock Polish, Double Team, Sandstorm, Skill Swap, Magic Coat, Fire Blast, Psyshock, or Psywave.

Hawkeye Gogh, level 1 Male Torchic
Hidden Power: Grass

Minor Threat, level 1 Porygon
Hidden Power: Fairy
Special Training: "Straight Edge" (Normal)
Minor Threat has very sharp edges, in the way he was modeled. Therefore, those who attack it with physical attacks will take roughly 25% recoil damage (unless they are particularly hard bodied). Minor Threat will also take away a light amount of energy each time it's hit with a physical attack, without contributing to fatigue.

Going to start with Jupiter, the god of sky and thunder!!
KAYLAF0X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 02:32 PM   #5
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Huh, Castform is a great little pokemon :O

Meeka, it's up to you.

Hover above the the water and rattle him with a Psywave. Taunt him as you dip below the pool.
Old 10-11-2016, 03:34 PM   #6
KAYLAF0X
Cascade Badge

Use Toxic before going for a Hex!
Old 10-11-2016, 09:05 PM   #7
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Round 1:

Two trainers walk into the well used Pummelo stadium, on the left Midgeorge on the right Kaylafox, one the current psychic gym trainer the other the former.

The two trainers send out their first pokemon

From Kayla Jupiter the Castform

Quote:
Castform (Normal): Castform change their shape, as well as their type, depending on the weather. They will become a Water-type while it's raining, a Fire-type during a Sunny Day and an Ice-type in Hail or Snow. Castform remain Normal during "normal" weather. Their weather changing attacks are much more powerful than normal, starting almost instantly at full power, lasting twice as long as usual and being much harder to change against Castform's wishes. They fight more enthusiastically in atypical weather conditions and their attacks are faster to charge in such environments. Castform levitate by default.

[Normal]: Normal-type Pokémon are able to use support moves to greater effect than other Pokémon, with them being performed slightly quicker and being slightly more potent. Being beings of great balance, they benefit more from the positive effects of weather and other arena affecting moves, but will not suffer as badly from the negative effects. In the ASB, Normal-types take resisted damage from the damaging effects of Ghost-type energy.
From George Meeka the Inkay

Quote:
Inkay (Dark/Psychic): Inkay are able to bioluminesce, allowing them to light up a dark area for an extended period of time by using a move. It costs no energy to maintain this light. Their light-based attacks are slightly more potent than normal. They also can maintain their accuracy regardless of their orientation. They can levitate, moving through small, thrusting motions, much like an aquatic squid which makes them agile but not particularly fast. They are also fairly able swimmers and can stay underwater as long as any Water type. They can expel ink as a defense, using little energy but at the cost of a move, which can be used to blind opponents.

[Dark]: Dark-types can see in the dark. They fight more enthusiastically at night and are more effective at hiding in dark environments than other Pokémon, though light does not adversely affect them. Their Dark type attacks will also become much more intimidating during the night, giving them a small additional chance to flinch. They are immune to the damaging effects of Psychic-type energy but may still be lifted and manipulated by telekinesis. They are slightly better at tricking opponents than other Pokémon, allowing them to plant more potent curses and to use moves like Feint Attack to greater effect.

[Psychic]: Psychic-type Pokémon are much more proficient with telekinesis than other Pokémon. Thus, they can use Psychic to move and manipulate targets with ease. Psychic type Pokémon are resistant to flinching, having higher levels of focus and concentration than other Pokémon. They are resistant to attacks which induce confusion or other mental effects. They have limited ability to read minds and are thus more adept at dodging attacks than might be expected and able to mitigate the effects of accuracy reducing attacks. This extends to GMs, where they will have a slightly better impression of Pokémon within their vicinity. Their Psychic support moves (such as Gravity and Magic Room) cost slightly less energy.
Meeka and Jupiter face each other, Meeka floating on the surface of the pool. The dark/psychic pokemon makes the first move sending off some rings of psychic energy sending a total of 4 waves at Jupiter whom begins floating closer in an effort to strike for h
er first move. Meeka's ring collide with Jupiter dealing a sizable chunk of damage to her but she floats forwards gathering a rather large glob of toxic goop dropping it down upon Meeka whom is floating on top of the pool still. The toxins soak into Meeka's skin and the Inkay shutters with disgust at the poisons enter his system.

Meeka realising his foe is going to try to utilise non-offensive moves throughout the match against him begins taunting his foe, laying a curse down preventing him from using non-offensive moves against him. Jupiter however wasnt intending on doing non-offensive moves instead wanting to send some ghostly energy's in an attempt to hex her foe, however her weather based signature prevents her from using the move

Summary:
Jupiter took a somewhat sizable hit. Toxic acts up next round

Quote:
EK keeping up his streak of being the scummiest motherfucker to ever grace mafia games regardless of his actual alignment
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:
I have 1 SP. Retroactively claiming the SP tax on all the things I did whilst LO.

I now have 1 SP.

Last edited by Eliteknight; 10-12-2016 at 03:23 PM.
Old 10-12-2016, 03:38 AM   #8
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Jupiter can't use hex. Look at his sig.
Old 10-12-2016, 12:38 PM   #9
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Will edit accordingly later

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 10-12-2016, 03:23 PM   #10
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Edited

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 10-13-2016, 12:15 AM   #11
KAYLAF0X
Cascade Badge

rip lmao

Okay, go for a Thunderbolt into the water. If the inkay leaves the water, use Secret Power. Otherwise, use Water Pulse.
Old 10-13-2016, 04:09 AM   #12
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Pop your head out of the water and Flip Flop him. Swap his debuff around with a Topsy Turvy afterwards.
Old 10-13-2016, 11:24 PM   #13
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Round 2:

Jupiter floating above the water below her looks down at Meeka whom is located just below the surface of the water. Jupiter begins crackling with electricity sending a thunderbolt down upon Meeka whom is slowly resurfacing in an effort to attack his foe. The bolt of lightning strikes Meeka whom doesn't look too pleased from the hit but he doesn't look too beat up either. Meeka arriving upon the surface and begins to send strange waves upon these strange waves confuse Jupiter greatly as well as increase her special defence slightly furthering her confusion as she doesn't understand why her foe would go out of her way to increase her stats.

Jupiter having been told by her master to attack her foe with one attack if her foe is out and another if Meeka remained in the water tries to decide what to use against Meeka. However Jupiter being confused is unable to decide what to attack him with and ends up lowering her height levels but doesn't manage to attack. Meeka then begins using another curse this one switching the boosts that Jupiter has into debuffs! Meeka feels the effects of the poisons within her system acting up.

Summary:
Meeka took a hit dropping just below Jupiter in terms of health. Jupiter has half her electrical energy left. Both good for two.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 10-14-2016, 04:28 AM   #14
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Leave the pool to give her a quick Simple Beam to drop those stats even further. Follow with Dark Pulse.
Old 10-14-2016, 07:34 AM   #15
KAYLAF0X
Cascade Badge

Guard Swap as soon as your mental state is reset, then use Icy Wind.
Old 10-14-2016, 02:35 PM   #16
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Round has been put into S&I will post it once it has been reviewed

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 10-17-2016, 08:31 PM   #17
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Round 3: Taunt is a Curse

Meeka begins floating up out of the pool taking aim upon Jupiter whom still confused floats above the pool. Meeka begins sending another confusing wave of light at Jupiter. This odd wave doubles the stat buff and debuff of Jupiter however it does nothing to clear her confusion nor the curse laid upon her! Jupiter confused by both the failure of her masters plan and from the previous round is unable to use guard swap, this also amplified by the taunt sending the Castform a little off her rocker. Meeka seeing his foe in a state of hysteria channels dark energy gathering forth dark energy sending it at Jupiter whom is struck by the dark pulse! This pulse deals a large chunk of damage to Jupiter whom is clearly less confused due to the attack. However her taunt remains. Jupiter looks upon Meeka gathering ice energy she lets loose a cold icy wind which caused Meeka to shudder and become slightly chilled due to the attack. Meeka shudders once more as the toxins take hold.

Summary:
The two remain tied in health , comfortably in the first. Meeka is panting slighly. Jupiter is fresh due to 3 rounds of 1 movers

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 10-18-2016, 04:10 AM   #18
KAYLAF0X
Cascade Badge

Use Secret Power before following up with a Water Pulse.
Old 10-18-2016, 04:43 AM   #19
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Double Team.
Old 10-21-2016, 01:03 PM   #20
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Round 4:

Jupiter floating up above Meeka begins descending whilst gathering energy. As she approaches Meeka begins to vibrate slightly. Jupiter seeing the vibration speeds up her descent colliding with Meeka transferring her secret power into Meeka whom subsequently splits into 4 copies of herself. The 4 Inkays look upon Jupiter, the Castform unable to decide which foe is the real one, she turns to her left gathering water energy firing off a pulse of water destroying a clone. Meeka shudders as the toxins within her system act up. Jupiters confusion has faded away. Taunt still remains.

Summary:
Meeka is falling to the end of her first third. Jupiter still sits comfortably in the first. Jupiters water is a 3rd gone. Both good for two

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 10-21-2016, 01:23 PM   #21
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

Toss a couple of Psychic Waves at him.
Old 10-21-2016, 05:11 PM   #22
KAYLAF0X
Cascade Badge

Use a wave Water Pulse to disperse the clones. If your taunt has worn off, use Guard Swap. If not, use Shadow Ball!
Old 10-24-2016, 01:24 AM   #23
Eliteknight
Tommy used to work...

Round 5:

Meeka and her clones look upon Jupiter, the castform floating in the air still under the effects of taunt. She begins to gather psychic energy. Crafting a wave out of the psychic energy. She sends the wave at Jupiter whom is struck full on by the wave. Jupiter grunts in pain from the attack and begins to gather water energy in order to eliminate the clones. She sends a wave based water pulse at the 3 remaining Inkay's, the wave spreads out in order to destroy the two clones and harm Meeka somewhat aswell!

Meeka smirks once again gathering more psychic energy. She takes aim upon Jupiter whom is slowly realising that she is no longer under the effects of taunt. In an effort to use her foes temporary setback to her advantage she sends the psychic wave at Jupiter once again colliding with the Castform dealing a large chunk of damage to her. Jupiter fully aware again that she is no longer taunted begins using psychic energy to swap the buffs and debuffs. The energy fully swaps the buffs acquired by both pokemon including the debuff that Jupiter had aquired! Meeka cringes from the toxins

Summary:
Jupiter dropped down to just above the midpoint. Meeka has under half her energy left. Both good for two

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It's a starfish.

Quote:

I now have 1 SP.
Old 10-25-2016, 02:28 AM   #24
KAYLAF0X
Cascade Badge

Use Ominous Wind, as you back away. If your attack is cut short, use Icy Wind.
Old 10-25-2016, 02:29 PM   #25
Midgeorge
Marsh Badge

LAALALALALight Screen all of that shit, then slam him with a Superpower.

Hows the debuff overall btw?

Last edited by Midgeorge; 10-25-2016 at 02:41 PM.
Midgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > PASBL