Legendaries CONFIRMED

This weekend!
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 10:43 AM   #627
DaisyInari
Sarasaland represent!

Send a message via MSN to DaisyInari
Altaria

I'm legit crying right now that trailer gave me goosebumps and made me so HYPE ;A; Now this is something worth going outside for again!

Hi, I'm Daisy!

Spoiler: show
W(DQ)- 22(3) L(DQ)-14(0)
KO-55
TP-131 SP- 64.5/96.5 (5SP to Deh, 5SP to FW, 5SP to Desert Spirit, 8.5SP to Fallen Icarus, 10SP to Kyro12, 8SP to Charminions, 10 to aposteriori)
SHUCKS I GOTTA FIX THIS SOMETIME
~TL3~

~Fizzy Bubbles~

Credits to Charm for making this!

Come, my birdies!!!! Mwahahahaha!!!!!!

Thanks Pingu for being so nice and making me this~

Credit to TheKnightsFury for the sprite!

Fear my abnormally large signature~

Be Positive Ref~ I <3 you, Lonely Cubone and those who eval'd me~
DaisyInari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 08:08 PM   #628
Lady Kuno
The hostess with the mostess

Lugia + Articuno are out. All event bonuses are live (2x exp, 2x stardust, 2x candy, reduced egg distance, reduced buddy distance, more spawn points).

PROUD OWNER OF A MISSINGNO. IN FIZZY BUBBLES
Lady Kuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 08:24 PM   #629
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

How long are those bonuses for?
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 08:34 PM   #630
Lady Kuno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki View Post
How long are those bonuses for?
48 hours I believe.

Old 07-22-2017, 09:28 PM   #631
Loki

Okay. Come by the shop tomorrow at noon. Take my phone and hit up all the stuff for me lol.
Old 07-22-2017, 09:30 PM   #632
Lady Kuno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki View Post
Okay. Come by the shop tomorrow at noon. Take my phone and hit up all the stuff for me lol.
Dude I'm leaving my house at like 7 am which is when raids start.

Old 07-22-2017, 09:43 PM   #633
Loki

If you pick me up in your car, I'll join you for 7am until noon lol.
Old 07-23-2017, 12:41 AM   #634
Talon87
時の彼方へ

BulbaNews reports:
Violence reported at Pokémon GO Fest

Reports of violent incidents (not all of which have been confirmed) at the Pokémon GO Fest held earlier today have surfaced online. The event, which took place at Grant Park in Chicago, has been universally accepted as a failure with a significant amount of attendees being unable to log into the Pokémon GO app and were therefore unable to participate in the event during its early stages. The event was the first of its kind, and was to be the introduction of Legendary Pokémon to the game if players successfully caught enough Pokémon during the event. Current reports indicate that the issues have been partly solved.

Niantic have since apologized for the poor cellular reception and servers that led to players being unable to participate with full ticket refunds and USD $100 worth of in-game PokéCoins being offered to those affected. Attendees will also receive Lugia in their games. The event has also been tweaked to cover a greater area around Grant Park to make it easier for players to catch Pokémon.

We here at Bulbagarden completely condemn the violence that took place at the event. While we understand the frustration that players must have felt, the actions of a small group of the fanbase represent poorly on the rest of us. The Pokémon franchise is for all ages, and many people at the event likely felt scared and/or threatened. Resorting to violence is disgraceful, and is only likely to harm the enjoyment of others and the viability of future events. Those who did it deserve only condemnation, and should be ashamed.
Any idea why this would have resulted in violence? Seems really odd. Pokémon fans aren't known for their violence, and we had nothing like this last summer when Pokémon Go was at its highest heights of activity.
Talon87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 03:15 AM   #635
Ironthunder
The Uncultured One

Send a message via Skype™ to Ironthunder
People are cunts, and some 'fans' will do anything to get rare stuff.
Old 07-23-2017, 09:46 AM   #636
Loki

Pokemon Go fans aren't necessarily Pokemon fans. I've literally walked into guys who never played a single Pokemon game prior to Pokemon Go and pretty much only did Go for the chance to meet girls and because it was trending for a while.
Old 07-23-2017, 02:39 PM   #637
SoS
Ducks gonna duck

I took on an Articuno solo this morning.

I got through about 10% of its HP. Legendaries don't fuck about, get your asses in groups.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son_of_Shadows View Post
Because I look damn good in a dress.
Fizzy Bubbles Team
PASBL
Wild Future
SoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 08:31 AM   #638
deoxys
Fog Badge

I've fought two Articuno now and captured one. Based on my experience, they should be easily doable with groups of 8-10 people using correct type advantages.

I also captured Lugia. We had I think 18 people in our group and it still took us several minutes, and everyone had their first 6 Pokemon knocked out. Sky Attack Lugia is seriously brutal.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 04:06 PM   #639
Loki

Beat Lugia, but failed to catch.
Old 07-26-2017, 12:04 AM   #640
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Alright, so, apparently, the legendary birds won't be possible raid bosses forever. Articuno only appears until July 31st, Moltres will be showing up from July 31st to August 7th, and Zapdos is gonna be available from August 7th to the 14th. No word on how long Lugia'll be staying around. Meanwhile, the Gym near my house remains conspicuously raid-free, as has been the case since GO Fest.
Old 07-29-2017, 07:36 PM   #641
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

So apparently I hatched an Aerodactyl back on July 12th, and did not know about it until today. O_O And it's not like I haven't been playing- I've been playing, I've been going through my Pokémon and transferring stuff... how exactly did this escape my notice?

Also, I hatched my first Cleffa today. New Dex entry, and more Clefairy Candy going towards evolving my Clefairy. Took back a Gym from Team Mystic. Overall, good day.

...Still no legendary raids, though...
Old 07-29-2017, 10:02 PM   #642
Loki

Finally caught an Arcticuno.

I actually didn't think I would be playing PoGo today. I had originally planned to do an epic board game, but one of our players had to delay a week so I found myself free. I met up with Kuno and DarkMagic and we did raids by car. We ran into a few groups and the 2nd group we ran into actually was nice enough to cancel their Arcticuno attack and restart it to let us join them. And this would be like the 4th raid we had done of the day. And as I was throwing Pokeballs at the stupid bird, I was on my last ball and threw it, shouted "CRIT!" and then we all saw it roll once. My heart sank as that meant it wasn't a critical capture and I would have to chance it on normal capture rates, but then it immediately did the critical capture animation and I now own an Arcticuno. We all did high fives and lots of cheers of joy for this victory.

Took me 10 raids for one bird. ~_~

I will probably try a bit for Moltres, but put a bit more focus on Zapdos.
Old 08-02-2017, 10:35 AM   #643
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Never got an Articuno. The Gym near my house hasn't had a legendary raid yet, and the weather's been too brutal for going on walks, so I couldn't check out any other Gyms yet.

Had to go shopping today, though, and so I had the Pokémon Go Plus with me. I managed to catch some decent stuff- a Pinsir, a Yanma, an Ekans (very rare in my area), and even a Ditto! Gotta take back the nearby Gym, though- it's fallen under Mystic control again, and one of the defenders is THAT ONE GUY who seems to always love taking Gyms from me.
Old 08-06-2017, 12:06 AM   #644
Loki

A very successful day. Caught a Lugia (2043 CP) and Moltres (1834). Both appraised as wonders.
Old 08-06-2017, 10:14 AM   #645
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

I have GOT to go on a walk sometime soon, because the Gym near my house keeps wasting its time with small-time Raids like Magmar. Not a single legendary raid there yet. It can't even give me an Articuno raid anymore, considering that ship has sailed, hit an iceberg, sank, and had a movie made about it. But as a proud member of Team Valor, no way in hell do I want to miss out on Moltres.
Old 08-07-2017, 12:32 PM   #646
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Well, last day of Moltres Raids, and... it is raining. So much for my plan to go for a walk today. Though I did brave the rain to make it to a Weezing Raid near my house. Can you tell that's my favorite Pokémon? Went well, too- only needed to use Rhydon, Espeon, Slowbro, Hypno, and Tauros to take down Raid Boss Weezing (I did switch Hypno out in favor of Tauros when it became clear it wasn't doing damage fast enough, but other than that, smooth sailing). Catching it wasn't hard, either- the first Premier Ball to hit it (though not the first I threw...) caught it with zero trouble. Not the best IVs, and lower in level than my current Weezing, but the extra Koffing candy were more than welcome, considering how unbelievably rare Koffing and Weezing are in these parts.
Old 08-08-2017, 01:40 PM   #647
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Well, today's walk was... interesting. That's a way to put it. It all started when I saw that this one Team Mystic guy had taken the local Gym from Team Valor, the same guy who spent a good chunk of his afternoon continually taking back the same Gym from me one day. I basically consider him my nemesis, so I absolutely had to take back the Gym. And then, after walking some more, I see an ongoing Zapdos Raid not too far off! I quickly contacted everyone I know who plays GO, told them about the Raid, told them to meet me there and to bring more backup than they thought necessary. In the meantime, since i had some time to kill, I went to a closer Gym and took on a Weezing Raid- and in an ironic twist, I wound up working together with aforementioned nemesis on that Raid. Did not see that coming. Also caught a Qwilfish, which is pretty rare in these parts, so I'm happy about that.

The Raid, though... if that had flopped any harder, I could win competitions with it in Magikarp Jump. Out of everyone I contacted, both of them told me they couldn't make it- one of them had work, the other had a doctor's appointment. Neither of which I can fault them for, naturally, but that doesn't make it suck any less. I wound up trying the Raid myself, hoping I'd end up among a bunch of other people attempting it at the same time. There were only two others there. We couldn't even get Zapdos down to half.

Hatched some interesting stuff today, like Houndour and Porygon. Nothing new, but I now have enough Candy to evolve each of them. Or I will, once I transfer this extra Houndour. Also still lacking an Upgrade for evolving Porygon. But that'll come eventually, I'm sure.
Old 08-09-2017, 11:41 AM   #648
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

...OK, seriously, just what in the hell.

First off, I was under the impression that legendary Eggs first appear in Gyms a full 48 hours before they hatch and the Raid begins. And yet, mere hours after checking things out in GO this morning, I go into GO again, and there's a Zapdos Raid underway at the nearby Gym. Just freshly started, too. But there was definitely no Egg in there earlier this morning. Did they change the time for hatching legendary Eggs, or was I mistaken this entire time?

And second! How the hell am I the only person to show up at a Zapdos Raid when it's only just started?! My town is by no means devoid of Pokémon GO activity- the constant turnover of the Gym in question is proof enough of that!
Old 08-09-2017, 01:46 PM   #649
Lady Kuno

There haven't been eggs since Articuno/Lugia started to appear.

Old 09-11-2017, 01:12 PM   #650
Loki

Why did they bring raid eggs back? It's so dumb and it's so much harder to travel around and hit the raids because we have less time to fight/catch them. We don't need an hour to get people to get there. In addition, waiting an hour for the raid can actually make start makes them so much less flexible for players. All of this on top of reduced rewards is really making raids so much less desirable.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > POKÉMON