UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment

Old 03-13-2012, 11:27 AM   #1
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

Futurama

Anyone else here a fan of Futurama?

It's by far my favorite TV show, and I recently got the collector's edition Bender Head with all the seasons (including movies) before the Comedy Central reboot. It's pretty sweet.

I'd make an intro post... but lazy. Also work soon.

And if you do like Futurama, I'd be very interested to know your favorite character, since many of them are quite good.

My favorites are Zapp Brannigan, Bender, and Scruffy, with the Professor creeping up there steadily. I know that Muyo's favorite character is Scruffy.
Amras.MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:55 PM   #2
Loki
The Path of Now & Forever

Yeah, I own the same Bender head. It's pretty neat. Except when it's late at night and he's staring at you...

Did they start another season on Comedy Central yet? I think the last one I saw was when Bender did some body swapping.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:22 PM   #3
phoopes
Double Dragon

Futurama is by far my favorite comedy cartoon. Favorite character is a tough one, though. But if I had to pick, I'd have to say my favorite character is Zoidberg.
phoopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:48 PM   #4
deoxys
Fog Badge

I've not seen many of the newer seasons, but I used to have the first four on DVD and wound up selling them because money.

I love Futurama. I also love that its not strictly humor... Luck of the Fryish and Juarssic Bark anyone? The show also succeeds where Simpsons fails, in that it has a whole universe a thousand years in the future as the setting, making humor and plot nearly impossible to be depleted.

Now bite my shiny metal ass, meatbags.
deoxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:39 PM   #5
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor Jesus View Post
Yeah, I own the same Bender head. It's pretty neat. Except when it's late at night and he's staring at you...

Did they start another season on Comedy Central yet? I think the last one I saw was when Bender did some body swapping.
You are an awesome dude Loki.

The body swapping one was in the middle of Season 6, I think. They have done a lot of great episodes since then, especially Overclocked, Proposition Infinity, and Reincarnation.

They haven't started Season 7 yet, but it looks like they have a lot of episode titles already done. I kind of like it that South Park and Futurama seem to flip-flop a little with their scheduling: South Park starts its next season tomorrow (yesssss) and then will take a break for summer, which is when Futurama will start. South Park will then come back for the fall, when Futurama is breaking, and then Futurama will start next year when South Park is off. It's like they know me or something.

Zoidberg's pretty awesome. It absolutely cracks me up how pathetic he is all the time - they just throw in gags of the gang making fun of him, or giving him scraps, and he just takes it like a pro. I'm pretty sure he's the first of the main cast to say "fuck", too.

Luck of the Fryrish is so good. Manly tears.

It's gonna be fun on the bun!
Old 03-13-2012, 08:06 PM   #6
Loki

Okay, I saw those episodes too. I just don't remember them all that vividly lol. I'm pretty sure they're mostly on Netflix as well, which I use.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:18 PM   #7
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

They have new episodes of Futurama on Netflix? Maybe I should actually sign up for that service haha...

Did you like the movies?
Old 03-13-2012, 08:36 PM   #8
Loki

Bender's Big Score and Beast with a Billion Backs was good. The others were okay. Honestly, I liked the new episodes more than the movies.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:39 PM   #9
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

I agree with you completely. The movies are usually considered to be among the worst of the Futurama's stuff, so I just thought I'd ask you.

Bender's Game I really really liked. Although... I think that there should be one more Fry duplicate at the end of the movie, from when he went back in time to get cold pizza. Regular Fry + Pizza Fry + Lars or something like that.

Have you seen the episode where the Professor builds a time machine that can only go forwards?
Old 03-13-2012, 08:46 PM   #10
Loki

Yes. I want to go to that future with sexy women. lol.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:51 PM   #11
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor Jesus View Post
Yes. I want to go to that future with sexy women. lol.
*brofist* Me too man. When Bender cockblocked them... it was painful. So awful. It's such a great episode.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:06 PM   #12
deoxys
Fog Badge

Haven't seen the movies yet either. I have a lot of Futurama catching up to do.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:20 AM   #13
phoopes
Double Dragon

Is there a website that anyone knows of where I can just watch all the Futurama episodes? Or am I going to have to resort to *shudders* Hulu?
phoopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:04 PM   #14
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

I would just google "watch futurama free" or something like that, might help. I'm not sure Futurama is on Hulu.

deo you should totes watch the movies, but don't have super high expectations, except for the first it is awesomeeee
Old 03-14-2012, 05:08 PM   #15
deoxys
Fog Badge

It totally is on Hulu, right here. Looks like it's only got the first 5 seasons, though.

I used to hate Hulu, but I've been using it a decent bit lately. I find I don't have a problem with the commercials, I just tab out when they come on.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:18 PM   #16
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

I only see clips?

I use Hulu to watch SNL and have been starting to watch American Dad! on it... only now I've seen all the free ones ;;

Futurama on Netflix is very good news. I might get Netflix soon due to this... though I already own everything up to the movies... hmmm... Netflix also has American Dad! and South Park... but South Park is free online.... hmmm idk
Old 03-14-2012, 05:27 PM   #17
deoxys
Fog Badge

>needs to learn to look at links before submitting

Yes, you're right, I'm an idiot. Clips only.

I'm sure there are other gray area methods of watching them online...

Also, netflix has a 1 month free trial, but be warned, you have to give them credit card info prior to doing so, so be sure to remember to cancel it before they withdraw for renewal.
Old 03-14-2012, 05:30 PM   #18
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

Netflix also has Archer, which I've only seen three episodes of and liked... hmmmm.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:55 PM   #19
kusari
「Killer Queen No Prog」

Send a message via Skype™ to kusari
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amras.MG View Post
I agree with you completely. The movies are usually considered to be among the worst of the Futurama's stuff, so I just thought I'd ask you.

Bender's Game I really really liked. Although... I think that there should be one more Fry duplicate at the end of the movie, from when he went back in time to get cold pizza. Regular Fry + Pizza Fry + Lars or something like that.
Bender's Big Score was the one with the clones.

The movies were okay. They add some things to the continuity (Amy and Kif getting married, Dark Matter being useless as a fuel source) but other than that aren't really outstanding.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:00 PM   #20
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

Sorry, I get the titles mixed up sometimes. I've seen the movie like 5 times though, so I really have no excuse.

I like how they have a pretty seamless transition. You can see where they got the idea to have Reincarnation focus around a meteor from the whole A -> B -> C thing. Except Wild Green Yonder kinda messed that up.
Old 03-20-2012, 01:23 AM   #21
Loki

Bender's Game was great. The whole time travel and Fry/Leila/Lars angle, the crazy Bender man-hunt, and the retaking of Earth with the help of Kwanza-bot, Santa-bot, and the Hanukkah zombie was great fun.

Beast with a Billion Backs was great because of how Bender got his army of the damned.

Spoiler: show
Robot Satan: "You must give me your first born son! MUAHAHAHAHA!"
Bender: "One second."
*Scene with young robot playing in the yard.
Young Bot: "Papa! You came back for me!"
*Bender picks him up and hugs him*
*Back at Robot Satan's office*
*Bender kicks the young bot into a robot Hell pit. The pit explodes*
Bender: "Here you go!"
Robot Satan: "Wow. That was brutal even by my standards."
Bender: "Yeah, no backsies."

I always burst into laughter when I see this scene. There are other great ones in the movie also, but this one was just so Bender it just puts everything else nowhere near as awesome as this.
Old 09-04-2013, 11:53 PM   #22
deoxys
Fog Badge

That finale...

Spoiler: show
It was beautiful. Sad... but heartwarming, too. Just a beautiful end to the show. Gah, I'm having feels.
Old 01-01-2014, 01:37 AM   #23
Amras.MG
Not sure if gone...

So the last episode of Futurama... perfect. Tears.
Old 01-01-2014, 03:03 AM   #24
Loki

I didn't cry, but yeah, it was a beautiful episode. Definitely one of their best. Matt Groening has told the voice actors he plans to pitch Futurama to other stations. Hopefully he can get it picked up somewhere soon. Maybe a few more movies again to fill the time until they can be picked up by a station. Honestly, Futurama is so insanely good compared to so many bad seasons of Simpsons we endured yet Simpsons just won't die. FFS even Family Guy was cancelled for a while.
Old 01-01-2014, 09:39 AM   #25
DaveTheFishGuy
Primordial Fishbeast

Send a message via Skype™ to DaveTheFishGuy
I should really catch up on Futurama. Haven't seen anything post-movies. Did it really get cancelled again? Fucking US networks.
DaveTheFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > General Forums > Entertainment