UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2022, 08:51 PM   #2251
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
Marion Ette: You have hatched a male Surskit with EMs Aqua Jet, Lunge, and Power Split!
Picking this little one up in a regular Pokeball. Thanks!!

FB Member Post
FB Memakyu
FB Affinity Avenue

Credit to Pengyzu for my user bar. Thank you!
Old 03-27-2022, 07:12 PM   #2252
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Quote:
Dropping off my Maractus to breed with Iron's Lilligant. I will be keeping the baby, thus using my fifth breed slot for the year.

Species: Maractus
Calendar Date: May 8th
Name: Staccato
Type: Grass
Level: 25
Ability: Storm Drain
Nature: Jolly

Pokeball: Normal
Hold Item: Miracle Seed
Obtained: Adoption
Moves-
Level-Up: Absorb, After You, Cotton Guard, Ingrain, Peck, Spiky Sheild, Sweet Scent, Growth, Mega Drain, Pin Missile, Synthesis, Sucker Punch, Cotton Spore, Needle Arm, Giga Drain,
Egg Move: Grass Whistle
TM/TR/HM: Bullet Seed, Leaf Storm
Move Tutor:
Other: CM Unfinished Symphony, XM Seed Flare

Bond: 0
Quote:
Dropping off Prin the female Galarian Rapidash to breed with MM's Weavile. I will be providing a Hisuian Incense. $1000 to guarantee Male. That's my slots for the year folks

Species: Galarian Rapidash
Calendar Date: December 13th
Name: Prinsesstĺrta (Prin)
Type: Psychic/Fairy
Level: 44
Ability: Pastel Veil
Nature: Quiet

Pokeball: Fairy
Hold Item: N/A
Obtained: Hatchery
Moves-
Level-Up: Tackle, Growl, Confusion, Megahorn, Quick Attack, Psycho Cut, Tail Whip, Fairy Wind, Agility, Psybeam, Stomp, Heal Pulse, Take Down
Egg Move: Horn Drill
TM/HM: Zen Headbutt, Iron Tail
Move Tutor:
Other:
Picking up my Pokemon and hatching these two!

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 03-27-2022, 07:16 PM   #2253
Sneaze
Mrow?

Lil'twick: You have hatched a female Petilil with EMs Grass Whistle, Ingrain, and Sweet Scent!

Lil'twick: You have hatched a male Hisuian Sneasel!

Daisy wins at life for making this Battle Cut
Old 03-28-2022, 04:55 PM   #2254
Lil'twick
Insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaze View Post
Lil'twick: You have hatched a female Petilil with EMs Grass Whistle, Ingrain, and Sweet Scent!

Lil'twick: You have hatched a male Hisuian Sneasel!
Picking both of them up! Naming the Petilil Lili and naming the Hisuian Sneasel Kiba! Putting both of them into these Rustic Great Balls (3/3)

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 03-28-2022, 05:34 PM   #2255
Saiza
Boulder Badge

Quote:
Saiza: You have hatched a female Riolu!
It was finally time.

Ezra stood at the very center of the Hall of Kings, the largest room of Halstead Manor, pompously named as such by one of his ancestors.

His father, Lord Godwyn Halstead, towered before him, his mother to his right and Wayland, the old retainer, to his left. Between Ezra and the trio was a small mahogany table with six PokéBalls resting atop it.

"The time has come for your journey to finally start, Ezra." Lord Halstead's voice echoed across the Hall of Kings, booming. "Your recent performance was adequate, and you retrieved the creature I ordered. As compensation, you may have it. Carve your name in History alongside that Pokémon, itself already lost to History."

His mother, Lady Bethany, stepped forward. Her genuine smile was the only source of warmth in the entire room.

"We have more gifts," she said in her soft, reassuring voice. "Each a splendid Pokemon to aid you in your travels. Wayland, if you would?"

The elder nodded and motioned to each of the spherical devices.

"First, the precious spirit Zorua you discovered. Here, a Beldum, a gift from your uncle Lord Gilray in Hoenn. Next, a Larvesta, a special offering from Alder of Unova, an old friend of your father's as you well know. Here, a Tyrunt, a humble gift from yours truly, this Manor's very own dinosaur," he continued with a tired chuckle. "And these last two... a Larvitar from Lord Halstead himself, and a Riolu from Lady Bethany."

His father remained expressionless, but his mother's face lit up at the mention of her gift. Ezra forced himself to smile in return, even though, deep inside...

"Why was I not even allowed to form my own team, born of my travels?..."

"Enough pomp and circumstance," suddenly declared Lord Halstead. "You've been prepared for this your whole life, and the tools we provide will enusre your success. From here, you will travel to New Fizz City in the neighboring region, and begin your journey. You are to keep Wayland informed of your conquests regularly. That is all."

With that, he turned around and left the Hall of Kings. His mother and the old retainer wished him well, but by then he wasn't really listening anymore. It took all his strength to keep the boiling anger inside him in check.

"Even my next destination... everything has been chosen for me...Is this really how it's supposed to be?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OoC: Wooo! I was secretly hoping for a Female but was too stingy to fork out the cash ^^"

Picking up Fu Hao the Riolu and placing her in my last Luxury Ball!

*Fu Hao learned Blaze Kick!*
Old 03-30-2022, 05:00 PM   #2256
Gemini Spark
Weavile Pillow

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemini Spark
Quote:
A little belated birthday present, sorry!

Gemini Spark: You have hatched a female Salandit with EMs Belch, Knock Off and Snatch!
Aw, she's so cute!

: Sal! *hides back in her eggshell*

Aw, and she's a shy one too! Let's see what she is now:

Salandit, the Toxic Lizard Pokemon. Salandit can exhale a very poisonous gas to attract and weaken its prey before pouncing and dispatching it. Only females have the capacity to evolve, as the males instinctually tend to give females their food and are therefore malnourished enough so their evolution potential is stunted.

Wow, okay, well, I'm sure you'll come out of your eggshell sometime, especially if food's involved~ For now, I'll have a Pink Skull Ball ready for you... Nia!
Old 03-31-2022, 10:43 PM   #2257
Heather
Naga's Voice

You know what, I'm in the mood for another slot exchange. As such, I will lay down slot 2/6 in exchange for a Cloud Stratos Egg this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Old 04-03-2022, 04:47 PM   #2258
myahoo
Soul Badge

Quote:
myahoo: You have hatched a female Nidoran!
Picking up this girl in a regular Pokeball. Thanks!
Old 04-05-2022, 03:15 PM   #2259
Zorchic
Rainbow Badge

Dropping off this Birthday Egg to hatch, thank you!
Old 04-05-2022, 03:37 PM   #2260
Sneaze
Mrow?

Zorchic: You have hatched a female Hisuian Zorua!

Old 04-07-2022, 08:24 PM   #2261
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

I'm here with a Birthday Egg! Memakyu is here. Thank you!!

FB Member Post
FB Memakyu
FB Affinity Avenue

Old 04-07-2022, 08:40 PM   #2262
Heather
Naga's Voice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather View Post
You know what, I'm in the mood for another slot exchange. As such, I will lay down slot 2/6 in exchange for a Cloud Stratos Egg this time.
I do believe this little one is ready now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
Quoth the Honchkrow (nevermore!).
Fizzy Member Post: Catherine Park
Old 04-07-2022, 10:13 PM   #2263
Lil'twick
Insanity

Maron Ette: You have hatched a male Wailmer with EMs Aqua Ring, Snore, and Thrash!

Heather: You have hatched a genderless Cryogonal!

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 04-10-2022, 03:06 PM   #2264
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Dropping off 1x Modern Flying Egg from FC Reward 135.
Old 04-16-2022, 08:52 PM   #2265
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilboocorsola View Post
Dropping off 1x Modern Flying Egg from FC Reward 135.
Time to see what the Easter Buneary brought me~
Old 04-17-2022, 08:55 PM   #2266
PippiTallsocks
Cascade Badge

dropping off logain the boy unovan zorua(field) and an old spice incense for breeds with marion ette's girl bewear(field) bia. marion keeps the baby zorua egg. this will be logains's personal breed limit 1/2.

stats as follows:

Quote:
::
zorua 'logain' l.25m
bond\clarity: 1\20
LU |leer - scratch - torment - pursuit - hone claws - fake tears - fury swipes - scary face - feint attack - taunt - knock off - foul play{29} - agility{32} - imprison{36} - night daze{40} - embargo{41} - nasty plot{44} - punishment{45}
TM |shadow ball
HM |-
MT |knock off - covet - skitter smack
EM |snatch - extrasensory - captivate - counter
CM |fatal attraction
ability: illusion
birthday: 10 november
rec: dark egg[12.27.21]
Old 04-18-2022, 05:52 PM   #2267
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippiTallsocks View Post
dropping off logain the boy unovan zorua(field) and an old spice incense for breeds with marion ette's girl bewear(field) bia. marion keeps the baby zorua egg. this will be logains's personal breed limit 1/2.

stats as follows:
Dropping off my female Bewear (Bia) (1/2 for yearly breeding limit) to breed with Pippi's male Zorua (Logain). I will be keeping the egg (Trainer egg slot 2/6). I will be using Hisuian Incense in addition to Pippi's Old Spice Incense, and paying $1000 to guarantee a female baby.

Here's Bia's info:
Spoiler: show
(in Luxury Ball)
Name: Bia (AKA "Sister Bia")
Level: 100
Held item: Cleanse Tag
Nature: Sassy
Ability: Fluffy
Attacks: Bind, Tackle, Leer, Bide, Stomping Tantrum, Baby-Doll Eyes, Brutal Swing, Flail, Payback, Take Down, Hammer Arm, Thrash, Pain Split, Double Edge, Superpower, Celebrate, Toxic, Blast Burn, Force Palm, Guardian Terrain, Gummi Bomb (Dark), Moonlight, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch, Rock Slide, Shadow Claw, Mega Punch, Mega Kick, Giga Impact, Rest, Snore, Protect, Rollout, Stomp, Bulldoze
Contest Stats: +10 All
Bond: 50
Birthday: January 21st
Starter.

Thanks so much!!

FB Member Post
FB Memakyu
FB Affinity Avenue

Old 04-21-2022, 06:41 PM   #2268
Lil'twick
Insanity

Yuki: You have hatched a female Emolga with EMs Astonish, Baton Pass, and Covet!

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 04-22-2022, 09:07 PM   #2269
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Bringing in one Fossilized Drake (175 FC, Rank 1) and one Fossilized Bird. Let's make with the Dracozolt!
Old 04-24-2022, 05:21 PM   #2270
Sneaze
Mrow?

Missingno. Master: You have revived a genderless Dracozolt!

Old 04-24-2022, 06:35 PM   #2271
Missingno. Master
An actual game I made!

Quote:
Missingno. Master: You have revived a genderless Dracozolt!
All was quiet in the household of Diana Macks and Marv Liss. The aforementioned couple sat in their living room, Marv idly flipping through TV channels as they tried to figure out what to watch.

"Seen it... seen it... haven't seen it, but the reviews don't bode well... There is nothing on today, is there?" Marv sighed.

"No, indeed," Diana responded. "And I'm sure the slow news time doesn't help matters much, either. None of the Power Spots have seen errant Dynamaxed Pokémon since the Orbeetle incident."

"Probably a good thing, all things considered, but your point stands," Marv nodded. He glanced at the clock- 3:30 in the afternoon. "Hm. I think Keith said that that documentary on ancient Romma was going to be on at four o' clock, yeah?" he asked. "Warrior Masters, or whatever it was called?"

"That's the one," nodded Diana. "I guess we can hold on until them if there's nothing else on- oh, who could that be?" she murmured, for her sentence was abruptly interrupted by a sudden, persistent knocking at the door.

"One way to find out," Marv shrugged, standing up. "Coming! Coming!" he called out, for the knocking continued without letup. "Sheesh," he murmured. Even as he neared the door, the knocking did not stop, though it thankfully did once he opened the door, and saw a familiar figure standing in the doorway. "What- Cara?!" Marv exclaimed in surprise.

"It's about time you answered the door, Marv, you kept me waiting!" grinned Cara Liss, walking in through the doorway, sparing but a moment to hug her cousin before continuing into Marv and Diana's residence. "I must say, living above a TV station, that sounds both beneath you and entirely too on the nose at the same time," Cara stated, glancing around. "And yet looking around, I can see this is an absolute step up from your old place in Greenmuk City," she grinned.

"Ahaha, uh, thanks, Cara," Marv said.

"Oh, hello, Cara," said Diana, having gotten up herself upon hearing the voice of their guest.

"Ah, Diana, darling, so good to see you again," Cara responded. "Now, darlings, I do apologize for dropping in without notice, but I was in town on business all the same."

"On business?" repeated Marv. "Wait, but there isn't anywhere in town that deals in, uh, fossil restoration."

"No, indeed, Marv, but there is a research laboratory that studies cryptopokology," smirked Cara. "Young Eddie Starmie is a brilliant mind indeed. His talk of some Pokémon being supposed hybrids was most intriguing, and I'm certain it will make for some excellent material for this paper I'm writing about Galar's fossil Pokémon. After all," she sighed. "Some people have the impudence, the audacity, the unmitigated gall, to suggest that the Pokémon I discovered, the very faces of prehistoric Galar, are nothing more than abominations!" She scoffed at the very idea. "Absolute garbage they spew, they shouldn't be so haughty."

"Yes, they certainly sound like... something," Marv remarked feebly, visibly sweatdropping.

"Uh, Cara, can I offer you something to drink?" asked Diana.

"Oh, most kind of you, Diana, but I won't be sticking around for very long," Cara shook her head. "I merely stopped by to see how you two were doing these days- finally broken away from Channel 890 and doing your own thing! You two are moving on up in life and I couldn't be happier for you. Though there is one other motive for my coming here, I confess I am very interested to see how the Dracovish I entrusted you is coming along!" she said to Marv, eagerness shining through her mud-caked face.

"...oh, right. Dracovish," Marv exhaled. In all that had happened since then, he'd thoroughly forgotten that he'd been the one Diana had originally given Dracovish to. "OK, the thing is, Cara, I don't actually... have Dracovish anymore," he admitted.

Cara looked incredulous. "...you what?" she asked flatly.

Marv was not happy right now. What was he supposed to say? Just tell Cara that he rejected her gift out of fear for the sake of his career? Cara Liss might have more screws loose than a drunken Magneton, but the cousins still truly cared for one another, and he hated the thought of offending her like that. And getting her to see sense about this? Out of the question, he knew that right away. So what was he to say here?

"Now, Cara, don't start thinking this is anything against you or Dracovish," stated Diana, for she was very quickly seeing that her boyfriend was at a current loss for words.

"I would like to think that, Diana, but what possible perceivable reason could there be for this?" demanded Cara.

"For one thing, you remember where we were living," Marv said, finally finding his voice. "At the time we didn't know we'd end up in a nice place like this, our old place was far too tiny. Dracovish would either be miserable cramped in there all the time or would have destroyed the place without even realizing."

"...I suppose I did not take that into consideration," conceded Cara. Internally, Marv breathed a sigh of relief.

"So what we did was, we headed out here to Sludge Wave Coast," explained Diana. "We knew that some very skilled Trainers lived here, and between the larger houses and the wide-open spaces, not to mention being right by the sea, Dracovi-"

"-Dracovish would have been at its happiest here, of course!" Cara finished, nodding understandingly. "Oh, Marv, Diana, I do apologize, it is I who should not be so haughty, I was so eager to congratulate the two of you on getting the scoop of the century that I acted so... so..."

"...carelessly?" Marv offered.

"Careless? Me, Cara Liss?" Cara chuckled. "Ah, but that's behind us now, yes? So, would I be allowed, then, to see who has Dracovish now?" she asked.

"Oh, probably, yeah," nodded Marv. "I'll just make a call..."

~~~~~

Several minutes later, Diana, Marv, and Cara walked out into the Shadow Clearing, where a young girl wearing black clothing and a cowboy hat was standing behind an unholy fusion of fish head and dinosaur ass. Standing some distance away, a man in a matching cowboy hat, standing behind an eerie pale Jigglypuff with what looked to be a pair of black voids in place of eyes. "Hey, Keith, Maribel," called Marv.

"Hey, Marv. Hi, Diana," Keith called back. "Is that your cousin?"

"Cara Liss at your service," confirmed Cara Liss.

"Hi!" Maribel called out. "You're just in time, we were about to battle!"

"Oh, I know," nodded Cara, eyeing Dracovish with interest. "I'm very interested to see."

"Well, then, let's begin!" Keith declared. "Lavender, use Spirit Break!"

"Jiggly!" hissed the Jigglypuff. A harsh pink glow came over her right arm, and she lunged forward.

Maribel smirked. "Wait for it," she instructed Dracovish, who gave a short bellowing cry in response. "Wait for it..." she continued as Lavender drew nearer. "...Now! Use Seismic Toss!" she commanded. And with a sudden movement, Dracovish chomped down on the oncoming Jigglypuff. The momentum kept Lavender moving forward, but Dracovish used that momentum to its advantage, swinging the Jigglypuff around and around before letting go, sending the Normal/Fairy-type flying backwards and crashing into the ground.

"Remarkable!" Cara murmured.

Maribel, however, wasn't done yet. "Now! Thunder Fang!" she ordered.

"Viiiish!" exclaimed Dracovish as its teeth began to crackle with electricity. Then, with a bellowing roar, it charged at Lavender, chomping down once more. This time, the blow left errant sparks crackling all around as the Jigglypuff struggled to stay in motion.

"Paralyzed, uh-oh," Keith murmured. "Lavender, quick, use Scary Face!"

"Close your eyes and use Dragon Dance!" Maribel ordered.

"Jigglyyyyyy..." seethed Lavender, fixing Dracovish with a positively frightening expression. Or... trying to, anyway. Eyes closed, oblivious to the horrifying countenance it could not see, Dracovish whirled in circles, giving itself a boost in power and speed.

"This isn't good," Keith frowned. "Use Sing!" he commanded.

Maribel gestured forward. "Use Fishious Rend!" she called out.

Between the paralysis and the Dragon Dance, it happened all too quickly for Lavender to even react. A blue glow came over Dracovish's lower jaw, and it charged with great speed, landing a devastating chomp. The Jigglypuff made no effort to move after this.

Cara clapped enthusiastically. "Marvelous! Simply marvelous," she smiled, walking up to Maribel and Dracovish. "So you're who my cousin entrusted with Dracovish, then?' she said. "Very nice to meet you, little girl, I can see you've been training this Pokémon very, very well."

"Thank you, miss Liss," said Maribel with a polite smile. "Dracovish is awesome."

"Viiiish!" Dracovish exclaimed happily, waving its little fins around.

"Hm," smiled Cara. Then, however, her wristwatch started beeping, causing her to look at it. "Goodness me, is that the time?" she frowned. "Ah. I do apologize, all, but I simply must be going," she said to all present. "I have much to do, or else I would gladly stick around- oh! Before I forget, Marv, I actually came with a gift to you, and now that I know you have a home much more suitable for taking care of sizable Pokémon, you should have no problem with this!" she smiled, placing a Poké Ball into Marv's hand, all before the bewildered cameraman could formulate a reply in his mind, let alone speak it out loud.

After this, with several goodbyes hastily called out on all sides, Cara Liss had left town, leaving Marv to stand there, staring in disbelief, at the ball in his hand. "...Another one?" he sighed, looking defeated.

"Well, I mean, at least this time nobody's gonna care if it gets out you're related to her," Keith shrugged.

"Also, she's quite right, our place now is a lot more welcoming to larger Pokémon," Diana pointed out.

"...I suppose those are all good points," conceded Marv. "All right, let's see, what do we got?" he added, tossing the Poké Ball.

What emerged from the ball, at first glance, seemed quite similar to Dracovish, but the legs and tail were where the similarities ended. The tail, unlike with Dracovish, was only seeing use as a tail. And from the cut-off area, instead of absolutely nothing, a ludicrously disproportionate torso emerged, that of what appeared to be a pintsized prehistoric Pikaclone, with tiny wings that everyone present knew immediately weren't doing crap to get it in the air. "Zolt zolt!" the creature cawed cheerfully. Marv took out his Pokédex and pointed it at the creature.

"Dracozolt, the Fossil Pokémon. An Electric and Dragon-type," droned the device. "In ancient times, Dracozolt was unbeatable thanks to its powerful lower body. It only went extinct as a result of depleting all of its own plant-based food sources."

"...of course it did," Marv rolled his eyes, though he couldn't help but smile. "I will say, of all the ones she could've given me, I always kinda did like Dracozolt," he admitted.

"I think it's cute," smiled Maribel. "What are you gonna name it, Mr. Liss?" she asked Marv.

"That I'm not sure of," Marv admitted, walking around Dracozolt. "Little bird upper half, though with a lower body like that, it can skip leg day all it likes- heh?" he added, for at the term "leg day", the Dracozolt had started jumping up and down (shaking the ground in the process), and ran up to nuzzle Marv affectionately. "Heh, you're sweet, but what brought that on?" Marv chuckled as he stroked the frankenfossil's head feathers.

"Zolt zolt! Zolt zolt!" cawed Dracozolt.

"...I don't believe dis," came Meowth's voice from his usual spot on Keith's shoulder. "Dracozolt's sayin' it likes da name Marv came up wit."

"The name?" Marv repepated. "I didn't think of one yet, all I said was that it could skip leg day all it- oh, no," he groaned, chuckling. He looked at Dracozolt. "Do you want me to call you Legday?" he asked.

"Zoooolt zolt!" nodded the Dracozolt firmly. At this, everyone present began laughing, it was just too funny. Even Legday started to get in on the laughter after a few minutes, and after everyone had calmed down, Marv found himself a lot happier about this affectionate little... really big guy.

OOC: Thanks, Sneaze! Claiming my new Dracozolt in Poké Ball #51 of 72, naming it Legday, and declaring its Ability to be Hustle.
Old 04-29-2022, 08:15 PM   #2272
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Quote:
Yuki: You have hatched a female Emolga with EMs Astonish, Baton Pass, and Covet!
Picking up Lv. 1 Emolga with EMs ASTONISH, BATON PASS, & COVET in 1x Poké Ball (10 of 10).
Old 04-30-2022, 08:29 PM   #2273
Lil'twick
Insanity

Dropping off x1 Baby Egg from Bi-monthlies

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 04-30-2022, 08:37 PM   #2274
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey

Dropping off 1x Enigma Egg from Bimonthlies, see you in a week~
Old 04-30-2022, 08:40 PM   #2275
Marion Ette
Blades and Butterflies

Quote:
Maron Ette: You have hatched a male Wailmer with EMs Aqua Ring, Snore, and Thrash!
A gentleman never shares the number of people he has killed. Such a thing would be most improper, and Sir Bedivere knew this better than anyone.

The number, of course, could very well be zero for the former Jellicent. He was most crafty in satiating his darker appetites: befriending morgue workers, finding bodies in the forest, diving after shipwrecks to drag up the drowned. He also had found a number of recipes to mimic the flavor, some of which, he had heard, were still in use at the Casino for Halloween events and other macabre-themed evenings. Ethical cannibalism was no easy feat... though, for a Jellicent, was it really cannibalism at all, to eat a human? Or did the human nature of his soul still damn him, even then?

Years ago, when Minerva was still the Starter Pokémon of his own beloved trainer, Bedivere cooked for her every night, as he did all the others on Marion's team. He cooked to order, and kept the particular preferences of each of his friends in mind when he made food for them, of course. But Minerva's food... Oh, it was truly special, what he made for her.

Of course, there were rumors. How could there not be? The level of attention, the strange aroma, the... indiscernibility of what he served her. Surely, among those dishes were the souls of the departed, if not their very bodies, or so the gossip went. Marion herself often expressed her hesitation regarding these feasts, but Bedivere simply brushed it away, and Minerva enjoyed them far too much - and cared too little about the ethical and moral implications - for him to stop. He rather preferred the weave of dark rumors, admittedly, and the shroud they cast over his true actions.

Better for Minerva to think the sorrow she tasted was that of one of Bedivere's many "victims". Better for her to think the pain - the torment - the undying longing that lingered long on her tongue after the meal was finished - the bitter emotions she craved - that they belonged to some nameless, faceless corpse she did not know. Better for the illusion of murder and mystery and intrigue to keep her coming back, night after night, to praise him endlessly for his exquisite dishes.

The praise, oh... He enjoyed it. So, too, that blissful high of having wept all he could weep, having cried every ounce of his pain and sorrow into the soup or stew or roast or cake or tart - whatever Minerva's tastes demanded.

She never knew that the sorrows she tasted were merely his own... and he preferred it that way.

---

With no soup or batter to cry in, he wept his tears into the sea. Such was his habit in the years since Minerva left Marion's team. A private devotion - a silent prayer - for he had learned how to expel tears without the slightest sound from his days in Marion's little cottage, cooking away. Though he could not offer up his sorrows to nourish the happiness of another, that he lent strength to the ocean's swell - however miniscule in the grand scheme of things - was a comfort, in some way.

This custom did not change upon his return to Fizzytopia, despite the change in his form. With his Pokémon safely nestled in their beds (with the exception of Leith, who quietly stood watch over her new companions), Sir Bedivere ambled along the water's edge, letting the tears flow freely. In retrospect, it was foolish of him to think that he would be alone, for the ocean is vast, and whenever one walks alongside it, one is never truly alone.

So it was, one particular evening, when a giant, whale-like creature rose from the depths, approaching the shore with a friendly, yet concerned expression.

What troubles you? the massive whale asked the man he did not know, trying to express his concerns through his face and flippers. I have seen you walk this beach every night, and I cannot bear to see you with such sadness.

"Ah, please, good Sir," Bedivere begins, his tears evaporating with shock, "Please do not worry yourself on my account!"

You understand me? The whale's eyes widen with curiosity. Then perhaps, you could tell me... How can I make you happy?

"It is a dangerous path you tread," Bedivere remarks with a knowing grin. "Placing the happiness of others before yourself..."

It's the right thing to do! the Wailmer responds resolutely, puffing his body with pride. If someone is sad, I will turn their frown upside down... Or my name isn't Naim! Which it is, you see.

As if to demonstrate, the Wailmer provides Bedivere with a massive, baleen-fringed grin. At the sight of it, Bedivere cannot help but grin wide himself, glowing with warmth. "A wonderful name... And you may call me Bedivere."

Ah, that is so much better! The Wailmer claps his flippers together joyfully. You have such a nice smile, Bedivere!

"Ah, nothing in comparison to yours, Naim," Bedivere defers, modestly. The Wailmer blushes slightly at this.

Oh, thank you, sir! I do think we should be friends... If this is agreeable to you, the Wailmer responds, not wishing to overstep Bedivere's boundaries. Unable to contain his joy, the pale, drowned man runs up to the Wailmer, giving him a massive hug, which is returned with flippers.

"Most agreeable... Most agreeable, indeed," Bedivere responds, as the tears once again begin to flow... But this time, with a feeling of uncontainable happiness, at having found a jolly new friend to make this strange journey with him.

---

Picking up the Lv.1 Male Wailmer with EMs Aqua Ring, Snore, and Thrash in a Regular Pokeball, and naming him Naim. Thank you!!

---

Dropping off a Minor Arcane Egg from Bi-Monthly Updater Rewards. Thanks!!

Last edited by Marion Ette; 04-30-2022 at 09:01 PM.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records