UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2021, 07:29 PM   #51
grassyglide
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'twick View Post
grassyglide-

Entering the shrine, you notice the old man sitting on top of a cushion. Looking around, this shrine looked a lot like the theater in Ecruteak city. Green tatami mats, sliding paper doors, and an adornment of candles surrounding the walls. The monk looked at you and bowed. There was a small, rectangular wooden plank on the ground functioning as a legless table.

He motions for you to sit, and pours three small cups of oolong tea for you, Wisewoods, and Silver. Waiting until you and your Pokemon have situated themselves, he takes a sip of the piping hot tea and beings to speak.

"Hello young man, my name is Yoshi, and the current head monk of this small shrine. I'm sure you want some answers, as you aren't from around here. 15 years ago, the city was hit by a massive tsunami, destroying infrastructure and claiming many lives. While most of them were claimed by the ocean, a few have been buried here. On the anniversary of such events, those whose spirits have lingered appear here, dripping like their bodies once were," he speaks, taking a small break in the middle of the story to drink his tea.

"Most of the people in New Fizz have forgotten the catastrophe, their memories transient with the new technology coming out. So about every year for a week, they avoid the place at all costs and claim it's haunted. In a sense, they are correct. However, it is more restless dead needing the peace of mind to move on. Most of them, if given the chance to see their old homes and families will be able to move on."

He pauses for a bit and takes in a deep breath.

"However, some aren't so lucky. Their spirits warp and transform. I've only seen one such transformation happen before, but it was from a different incident entirely. A poor spirit corrupted and turned into a Gengar. Though, here, it's different. It is something that holds control over the ghosts and their water and has been dragging visitors away. Luckily, they aren't harmed when found, but it is worrying."

"So, young man, if I could ask of you to try and track this corrupted spirit down, and resolve the issue it would be appreciated. Of course, I won't impose this onto you," he states, taking one last sip of tea.

That was certainly a lot to take in, but very detailed all the same. A legitimate haunting coming out of a tragic event. There was definitely something else happening though, underneath the surface. Why was this happening, fifteen years later?

How do you respond?

Argyle took the first step in and immediately smiled. His mind immediately flashed back to Ecruteak City. The interior decorations of the shrine were similar to that of the architecture and interior design of places in the historic city of his native Johto region. It particularly reminded him of the theater with the green tatami mats, sliding paper doors and candles on the walls all around the shrine. He briefly reminisced about his family's trips to the theater on a couple occasions. After all, they lived in the outskirts of Goldenrod City, a trip to Ecruteak was not far at all. Argyle was appreciative of the shrine's choice of interior design. He looked over on his left shoulder to see Wisewoods smiling at the sight before him. After all, the Rowlet had also been on those family trips to the historical city.

With scenes from the past playing in the back of his mind, Argyle looked at the monk and met his bow with a bow of his own. With the formalities out of the way, Argyle sat down at the spot the monk had motioned towards. He set Silver down to his right and Wisewoods flew down to Argyle's left. The monk proceeded to pour some oolong tea for the three of them. Perfect, Argyle thought, I needed something to drink and what better than tea? Argyle and his family loved their tea. Their love of tea had obviously grown on Wisewoods but tea was a foreign concept to Silver. "Be careful Silver, it can be quite hot," Argyle cautioned his Spewpa and proceeded to gently blow on his cup. The Spewpa studied his trainer with a confused look on his face but then proceeded to mimic his trainer and then tried to take the first sip. Silver turned to his trainer and smiled. Looks like you enjoy tea too, Argyle thought.

With the monk having settled down himself, the monk began to recount the history behind the occurrences of water before the graves. Argyle listened closely as he sipped on his tea. It was quite a tragic story. A tsunami 15 years ago had claimed the lives of many New Fizz City inhabitants. Those that were fortunate enough to be found by their loved ones were buried in the cemetry that Argyle was visiting now, the unfortunate ones were lying in the bottom of the ocean. Though fortunate is not necessarily the right word to use. Those that were given a proper burial were definitely more fortunate than those that were claimed by the ocean, but it was all relative. No one who had lost their life in such a manner was fortunate. That was evidenced by the fact that the souls of those who laid in the cemetry would appear and drip with the water of the tsunami that had claimed them. It was a sad state of affairs as all those souls seeked closure with their loved ones but their loved ones steered away from them due to the haunted nature of the anniversary. What made it truly haunted was the presence of some corrupted spirit.

Argyle took a moment to take the waterfall of information in. Whatever questions he had prior to entering the shrine, they were all answered.

If more light could be shed on this situation, then people would be less afraid to visit, Argyle processed the situation, If I can just find that corrupted spirit, then both the spirits and the people could rest?

Argyle looked at his two Pokemon and then looked at the monk. "We'll do it. Hopefully the three of us will manage alright. That being said, do you have any tips on how I should go about this spirit hunt?"
Old 05-28-2021, 03:34 PM   #52
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Cape Effervescence: blu3shift

Penumbra shifted the scenery to the direction of the boat, and from there you could see that Krelia and Gengar were actively trying to stop the boat from leaving, putting up an intense tug of war with several crates with both the Wailmer and Akuma’s ghostly psionic powers. It also seemed that Krelia herself?? Had psionic powers of some degree? The only way you could tell this was due to Akuma’s purplish hue to his powers and Krelia having a very teal hue surrounding her.
From there Penumbra was unable to hold up the illusionary dome and everything fizzled into non-existence as images melted away and you were left looking at the aftermath of the duel between Krelia and the Poachers. One thing that struck you as odd was that none of the pokemon spare Penumbra, were anywhere to be seen, Were they captured? Chasing down either side?

Only one way to find out, you supposed. After the illusion dropped you were able to find the proper diving suit Krelia got for you.

Quincy stood for a moment and rubbed his chin. “What's odd is that Krelia either couldn’t or Wouldn’t stay behind… Something happened between what we saw and what we see now. I do wonder what it was…”

“ Anyhow I suppose I should gear you up and get you into my submarine pod, the “Aquamole”

What the heck kind of name was “Aquamole”? Well, guess it's time to make a plan.

Sunder Island: Zelphon

You came to Sounder Island in hopes of studying the effects of the Shadow Phenomenon with your partners Shuppet and Houndour in tow. After deciding to investigate the long-abandoned buildings, that once stood tall and proud but now lay in rubble and disarray. It was a sorrowful sight to look upon.

As you walked about the decayed ruins, an eerie laugh rung out from the buildings causing you and your pokemon to pause… You had heard rumors that there were pokemon left behind in the reactor's meltdown and that it was theorized that they probably survived and grew accustomed to living in a radiation wasteland… But no one really truly knew what pokemon species could be found there anymore or if they would even be pokemon anymore.

The Island had been shut off from a lot of contact in almost all forms of life, marine life wouldn’t dare go close, the local avian’s steered clear of their once home, and there weren’t any tunnels or passageways underground for people or pokemon to escape to or from either.

There was that laughter again,... this time it was followed by what sounded to be like… those small plastic balls jumping around in a tube? That seemed to echo???

A breeze blew in from the Western side of the ruins and you could smell sweet somethings…

Last edited by Prof.Enigma; 05-28-2021 at 03:55 PM.
Old 05-28-2021, 04:34 PM   #53
blu3shift
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.Enigma View Post

Penumbra shifted the scenery to the direction of the boat, and from there you could see that Krelia and Gengar were actively trying to stop the boat from leaving, putting up an intense tug of war with several crates with both the Wailmer and Akuma’s ghostly psionic powers. It also seemed that Krelia herself?? Had psionic powers of some degree? The only way you could tell this was due to Akuma’s purplish hue to his powers and Krelia having a very teal hue surrounding her.
From there Penumbra was unable to hold up the illusionary dome and everything fizzled into non-existence as images melted away and you were left looking at the aftermath of the duel between Krelia and the Poachers. One thing that struck you as odd was that none of the pokemon spare Penumbra, were anywhere to be seen, Were they captured? Chasing down either side?

Only one way to find out, you supposed. After the illusion dropped you were able to find the proper diving suit Krelia got for you.

Quincy stood for a moment and rubbed his chin. “What's odd is that Krelia either couldn’t or Wouldn’t stay behind… Something happened between what we saw and what we see now. I do wonder what it was…”

“ Anyhow I suppose I should gear you up and get you into my submarine pod, the “Aquamole”

What the heck kind of name was “Aquamole”? Well, guess it's time to make a plan.
Oh, for Arceus' sake, woman.

Elijah watched as the projection of Krelia glowed a bright teal in the midst of a very intense game of telekinetic tug-of-war. If she was doing what he thought that she was doing, then he could indeed confirm that superheroes were real and that they were some of the most annoying people known to man. He wouldn't be surprised if Quincy just so happened to have some latent ability that he'd show off just to send Elijah into a fit of rage over the complete lack of sanity that everyone that he ran into today had.

Entertaining the idea of Never-Shuts-Up and her sidekick Know-It-All fighting crime using the power of irritation did make him chuckle inwardly though, a welcome sliver of agency amidst this downward spiral of conspiracy-busting.

Penumbra's illusion-dome faded as Elijah brought himself back to reality. Unfortunately for him, he still had no clue who or what was behind this, aside from a few faint images of people making off with a really big Krabby and one supremely angry Aggron. He hoped that he didn't have to fight the latter later on; if all those type charts that he vaguely remembered served him right then he'd have an absolutely abysmal time trying to take it down with his team as it stood right now. All he knew for now was that it was gone and he didn't have to worry about it at the moment.

...Speaking of gone, where was everyone? There wasn't a single soul on this beach for as far as Elijah could see, which was the complete opposite of the chaotic battlefield that he was presented with just moments earlier. And for that matter, why didn't anyone take him while he was lying there on the ground, as vulnerable as he could be? He'd be counting his blessings right now if he wasn't feeling something between "irritated" and "confused."

At least the diving suit was still there. Refusing to sit there and lollygag any longer, Elijah got to work trying to put it on to the best of his ability while Quincy wondered aloud about Krelia's disappearance; by the time that he'd finally come around to setting off, Elijah already had the left flipper on.

What struck him as odd, however, was Quincy's decision to name his submarine the "Aquamole." What kind of name was tha—

Oh.

Okay, Quincy, you're a lot more clever than I'm giving ya credit for, Elijah thought. Guess I've got some competition in the pun department. That is, of course, if I manage to live through this insanity.

"One step ahead of you... I think," Elijah said, responding to Quincy's call to action. "Just making sure, the suit goes over my clothes, right?"
Old 05-29-2021, 11:54 AM   #54
Zelphon
Caffeinated

Send a message via Skype™ to Zelphon
Quote:

You came to Sounder Island in hopes of studying the effects of the Shadow Phenomenon with your partners Shuppet and Houndour in tow. After deciding to investigate the long-abandoned buildings, that once stood tall and proud but now lay in rubble and disarray. It was a sorrowful sight to look upon.

As you walked about the decayed ruins, an eerie laugh rung out from the buildings causing you and your pokemon to pause… You had heard rumors that there were pokemon left behind in the reactor's meltdown and that it was theorized that they probably survived and grew accustomed to living in a radiation wasteland… But no one really truly knew what pokemon species could be found there anymore or if they would even be pokemon anymore.

The Island had been shut off from a lot of contact in almost all forms of life, marine life wouldn’t dare go close, the local avian’s steered clear of their once home, and there weren’t any tunnels or passageways underground for people or pokemon to escape to or from either.

There was that laughter again,... this time it was followed by what sounded to be like… those small plastic balls jumping around in a tube? That seemed to echo???

A breeze blew in from the Western side of the ruins and you could smell sweet somethings…
Rubble crunching under boot Marietta takes a deep breath, admiring the scenery and its dreary foreboding aesthetic. While taking a deep breath her reverie is disrupted as a burst of strange laughter breaks out from the distance, followed shortly by the sound of something like...balls echoing off in the distance. But before she even gets a moment to process that she breaks out coughing sacrum sweet scent assaults her nostrils. "Bleh, thought I'd get away from that sort of confluence here"

Curiosity struck she beckons her pokemon to follow her further towards the sounds and an accompanying sweet scent, breaking into a sprint as they follow along. "Come, we've got a first contact let us see what we find in this fallen kingdom of decadence"!

With her eyes focuses ahead the Houndour looks at the Shuppet questioningly who responds by chuckling and nodding at them as if to say "Yeah she's always like this."

Old 05-29-2021, 12:23 PM   #55
Lil'twick
Insanity

Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
grassyglide-

Yoshi rubbed his chin, trying to think of a few things that you could do.

"Hmm, one of the graves here has had a malicious aura and defiled. It's way back in the cemetery, where the children are buried. The mausoleum has also mysteriously locked, with a similar aura. Besides that, there has also been a miniature pond that has swallowed a small patch of the graveyard. The place is heavily concentrated by the victims of this tsunami," he stated to you.

Well, that gave you some leads. It seems whatever malevolent spirit was causing this tragically died in the tsunami. A defiled grave... The dead should be revered. Whoever did that needed to pay, for those who disrespect the dead are fated to wander lost for all eternity.

The mausoleum being mysteriously locked is also suspicious. Was there something that was in there that this spirit didn't want people to see? It was worth checking out at least, but it was most likely something that wasn't going to be easy to get into. You did have a nagging feeling that it held the answer to what was going on.

Lastly was the pond. It made sense with a high concentration of those drowned spirits the make something like that. Especially if the spirit was causing those of the dead to drip water. But, it was something to check out on your own. All three of these things were connected, it was just figuring out the puzzle.

What do you do?

I fill my lungs with everything
You want someone that I can't be
You say it's insanity, but
I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 05-29-2021, 03:08 PM   #56
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Quincy nodded, “ tho you might want to wait to throw those flippers on until you get into the water. Less, of course, you wanna be waddling like a psyduck for a moment?” He said with a smirk. As you geared yourself up, Quincy went back to his docked boat for just a moment, giving Diligence some loving pets as he boarded his boat.

“Say do you have any er… Other Pokemon you can rely upon underwater? I don’t think your Fomantis is going to love underwater battles much given it can’t breathe under the shore… and while I do have a slight solution to taking them under with you, I have to warn you against battling with these given we won’t really know if these would hold up to the battle.” Quincy held up a small suit for Fomantis, which was adorable given it was a pastel color and had floral print all over it. Quincy must have either had a small pokemon he used to take with him, or a child of his own, or something like that given he had suits small enough to fit a fomantis.

Before you could really get up and get over into Qunicy’s boat, the Krabby that had been sticking around you guys gently tugged at your suit, looking up at you with what could only be described as “Take me with you,... Please”

This Krabby was… well This Krabby could help you out underwater alot better than Fomantis if need be until you got to the proposed base. “ It seems to wanna go with you, can’t say I blame it. After all this, it probably doesn’t want to be left alone on top of wanting to find that Kingler, do you need a Pokeball?”

With a bit of pep in your step, you sprinted off in the direction of the sounds and smells, your pokemon rolling their eyes but following suit. You wove through the rubble as if you had wings, barely touching the ground if not needed, surely as fast as an electric type, Or a bird at that. But a dip in the landscape forced you to slow your adventurous advancement. In front of you laid what looked to be the aftermath of a bomb dropping. A huge crater that had to be at least several miles wide but at least a good twenty feet or so deep, sprawled in front of you.

Down within the crater you could see three or so pokemon dancing around seemingly having the time of their lives, tossing what looked to be like a beach ball back and forth between each other, the beach ball being red and white.

Another thing that you could see is that there were several other… Deflated? Balls of a similar kind spread out behind the three. They’ve been playing for a while. Getting closer to the edge you were actually able to make out that one of the pokemon playing with the two others was a big burly bear-like pokemon with black and white fur and a black cap with its fur. The other two were just out of clear defining range but you could see solid orange colors and red…

What will you do?
Old 05-29-2021, 06:55 PM   #57
blu3shift
Cascade Badge

Quote:

Quincy nodded, “ tho you might want to wait to throw those flippers on until you get into the water. Less, of course, you wanna be waddling like a psyduck for a moment?” He said with a smirk. As you geared yourself up, Quincy went back to his docked boat for just a moment, giving Diligence some loving pets as he boarded his boat.

“Say do you have any er… Other Pokemon you can rely upon underwater? I don’t think your Fomantis is going to love underwater battles much given it can’t breathe under the shore… and while I do have a slight solution to taking them under with you, I have to warn you against battling with these given we won’t really know if these would hold up to the battle.” Quincy held up a small suit for Fomantis, which was adorable given it was a pastel color and had floral print all over it. Quincy must have either had a small pokemon he used to take with him, or a child of his own, or something like that given he had suits small enough to fit a fomantis.

Before you could really get up and get over into Qunicy’s boat, the Krabby that had been sticking around you guys gently tugged at your suit, looking up at you with what could only be described as “Take me with you,... Please”

This Krabby was… well This Krabby could help you out underwater alot better than Fomantis if need be until you got to the proposed base. “ It seems to wanna go with you, can’t say I blame it. After all this, it probably doesn’t want to be left alone on top of wanting to find that Kingler, do you need a Pokeball?”
Leave it to Elijah to get a little too far ahead of himself. One moment he's trying to stay ahead of the curve, the next he's sputtering out of control trying to pull himself together, even if it's a minor thing like not realizing that he couldn't exactly walk around if he put on the entire diving suit at the same time.

...Well, at least it was minor this time. The very real possibility of drowning down there due to his complete lack of swimming experience was still breathing down his neck, and he was still refusing to face it—why would he ever try to admit weakness right before confronting something way bigger than he was? All he could think of was to fake it until he made it.

"Say, do you have any, er... other Pokémon you can rely upon underwater?" Quincy asked. "I don't think your Fomantis is going to love underwater battles much given it can't breathe under the shore... and while I do have a slight solution to taking them under with you, I have to warn you against battling with these given we won't really know if these would hold up to the battle."

Just then, Quincy pulled out what was quite possibly the most pitiful piece of scuba gear that Elijah had ever laid his eyes upon. Small, pastel-colored, floral pattern? That looked absolutely insulting to wear. His Fomantis seemed to agree, lowering... whatever was closest to her eyelids in disgust, then immediately reaching for one of Elijah's Poké Balls and recalling herself.

"Uh..." Elijah started.

Quincy did have a point, though. Fomantis weren't known for their swimming skills, and if he even tried to use Epoch down there then he'd end up frying everything within two miles of the Porygon. If he was going to have to fight underwater, then he needed to have a Pokémon that could handle being down there.

It was then that Elijah noticed something pulling on the leg of his suit, prompting him to turn around and check. Lo and behold, the Krabby from earlier was staring right back at him, with a look on their rusty-red face that seemed all too familiar. This was a bit of a dilemma for Elijah—he wanted to make good on the promise that he made to himself yesterday, but then again was it really worth catching a Pokémon while it was separated from its relatives in the first place? He could only imagine the amount of grief that they would have to go to if they just lost someone close to them without any warning.

But then... not everything was all black and white, was it? There was nothing wrong with having a temporary addition to his team so that they could leave later if they wanted to—and in the case that they liked him so much, then he could just catch them right there.

"...Yeah, I guess you're right," Elijah continued in response to Quincy. "I mean, I'm not catching them because I don't want to see them lose their mom or dad or whatever like that, but they're more than welcome to come along for the ride."

As he said this, he recalled Epoch to their Poké Ball, grabbed everything else that he left on the beach, and made his way to the boat.

"Well, I think that's enough waiting around for one evening. Let's move," Elijah called, glancing at the Krabby while motioning towards himself.
Old 05-29-2021, 08:15 PM   #58
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

After making sure your all set, you were ready to move, * You now have access to use a level 25 Krabby for this adventure, It has access to any of its from level 25 and under across any generation and it has a Special Move, Secret Power *

Quincy nodded and after pulling you up onto the boat, he had a question “ You wouldn’t happen to have anything we can use to pinpoint Krelia’s location would ya?, You don’t need to go underwater until we locate her pretty much exactly assuming she did go out to sea by herself” Penumbra at this point was sitting up on top of Diligence’s head and let out a short yip of agreement and shook his head violently.

OH! That’s right, You were given a pair of earbuds that were supposed to be used to keep in contact with her

Wait… couldn’t you try to see if you could use these to contact her first? In all of the chaos you probably had forgotten about these, which was fair but a more pressing concern was would they work given that well… for one you were thrown around a bit, and who knows how well it survived.

“If it's made by Krelia, chances are only she can really truly break it. Something bout her makes it so just about anything that she makes is borderline indestructible barring extreme measures” Quincy chipped in
Old 05-30-2021, 01:54 AM   #59
blu3shift
Cascade Badge

Quote:

After making sure your all set, you were ready to move, * You now have access to use a level 25 Krabby for this adventure, It has access to any of its from level 25 and under across any generation and it has a Special Move, Secret Power *

Quincy nodded and after pulling you up onto the boat, he had a question “ You wouldn’t happen to have anything we can use to pinpoint Krelia’s location would ya?, You don’t need to go underwater until we locate her pretty much exactly assuming she did go out to sea by herself” Penumbra at this point was sitting up on top of Diligence’s head and let out a short yip of agreement and shook his head violently.

OH! That’s right, You were given a pair of earbuds that were supposed to be used to keep in contact with her

Wait… couldn’t you try to see if you could use these to contact her first? In all of the chaos you probably had forgotten about these, which was fair but a more pressing concern was would they work given that well… for one you were thrown around a bit, and who knows how well it survived.

“If it's made by Krelia, chances are only she can really truly break it. Something bout her makes it so just about anything that she makes is borderline indestructible barring extreme measures” Quincy chipped in
Almost immediately after Elijah hopped on the boat, Quincy posed a question: was there a way that he could get through to Krelia? While trying to talk to her was probably the last thing that he wanted to do right now, he had a point in that it was kind of a lost cause if they just went out to sea without a way to know if she was down there at all.

"Yeah, she gave me this earbud thing which probably should work—"

Penumbra interrupted with a rapid yip and a nod.

"I said," Elijah restarted with a sarcastic tone of voice, "she gave me this earbud that lets me talk to her if I'm within five miles of her. I think it might have been broken during that whole shin-dig earlier? Hopefully not, I don't want a whole bunch of—"

"If it's made by Krelia, chances are only she can really truly break it. Something 'bout her makes it so just about anything that she makes is borderline indestructible, barring extreme measures," Quincy "helpfully" interrupted with all the empathy of a Rocket punching some depressed kid in the face.

Oh, come ON. First, he loses control over what was supposed to be a relaxing walk on the beach while cataloging the Pokémon that lived there, and now he can't even say anything without being interrupted?! He couldn't even go five seconds without being able to take a breather, and it wasn't helping that nobody was even trying to listen to him half the time. What was he supposed to do, be manipulated into success? Just stand there and watch as these two shoved him around without any recourse?

Elijah was this close to snapping, which he knew was going to make things even worse for him. Sighing, he whipped out his Pokédex and started messing with it, learning what moves the Krabby knew.
Old 05-30-2021, 04:47 PM   #60
grassyglide
Cascade Badge

Quote:
grassyglide-

Yoshi rubbed his chin, trying to think of a few things that you could do.

"Hmm, one of the graves here has had a malicious aura and defiled. It's way back in the cemetery, where the children are buried. The mausoleum has also mysteriously locked, with a similar aura. Besides that, there has also been a miniature pond that has swallowed a small patch of the graveyard. The place is heavily concentrated by the victims of this tsunami," he stated to you.

Well, that gave you some leads. It seems whatever malevolent spirit was causing this tragically died in the tsunami. A defiled grave... The dead should be revered. Whoever did that needed to pay, for those who disrespect the dead are fated to wander lost for all eternity.

The mausoleum being mysteriously locked is also suspicious. Was there something that was in there that this spirit didn't want people to see? It was worth checking out at least, but it was most likely something that wasn't going to be easy to get into. You did have a nagging feeling that it held the answer to what was going on.

Lastly was the pond. It made sense with a high concentration of those drowned spirits the make something like that. Especially if the spirit was causing those of the dead to drip water. But, it was something to check out on your own. All three of these things were connected, it was just figuring out the puzzle.

What do you do?

A defiled grave where kids are buried - back of the cemetery; mausoleum has a malicious aura but its locked; small pond concentrated with victims of the tsunami, Argyle made a mental note of the three leads monk Yoshi shared with him.

"Defiled grave, locked mausoleum, small pond. Defiled grave, locked mausoleum, small pond. Defiled grave..." The monk had finished with his leads and Argyle sat sipping on his tea and thinking on his next course of action. It was easy to cross off the locked mausoleum as the first point of investigation. After all, it was locked and figuring out how to unlock it could take a while. Though, Argyle would definitely have to figure that out down the line, but there were definitely lower hanging fruit to begin with. Both the defiled grave and the pond were easier starting points. Both seemed like good options to begin with, but Argyle favored the defiled grave. All life is sacred and the last bit of respect any of us can give a fellow soul is respect in death. Defiling a grave disturbs the soul; why would anyone want to do that? Least I can do is try to repair the grave and maybe in the process uncover secrets related to the twisted spirit, Argyle formulated. Then, he could make his way to the pond and make contact with the spirits there. Perhaps by fixing the defiled grave first, he could also earn the trust of those spirits. Do spirits even retain concepts like trust in the afterlife? Argyle pondered.

It seemed like ages since monk Yoshi had answered Argyle's question on where to begin. Argyle had sat there parsing the elder's suggestions and had finally arrived at a conclusion. His tea was finished as were his two Pokemons'. Argyle stood up and addressed the monk. "Monk Yoshi, sir, I appreciate your hospitality and all the information you've shared. Now I know both the history behind these events and I have three strands of investigation. I've decided to head out towards the defiled grave first. Hopefully, I'll be able to repair what's been done to it and whoever's lying there can rest now. I hope that the next time we meet, I'll have cleared up this foul aura that's hanging over this cemetery." Argyle bowed in thanks towards the monk. Then, he proceeded to pick up Silver and put him on his right shoulder. Wisewoods flew up to assume his regular position on Argyle's left shoulder. The trio took the inside of the shrine in one last time. It was probably going to be the last bit of warmth and calm they were to enjoy for sometime.

Argyle turned to Wisewoods and then to Silver. He put on the most confident face he could muster, but deep down he was unsure about the whole thing. He never dealt with ghosts to begin with and as cool as they were, it also kinda frightened him for obvious reasons. "Well then, shall we start this other-worldly adventure?" he asked rhetorically. It was time to leave the shrine and head towards the back of the cemetery.
Old 05-31-2021, 11:54 AM   #61
Lil'twick
Insanity

grassyglide-

Mulling over your options, you decide to head towards the defiled grave first. You give Yoshi one last bow, thanking him for the info and promising the resolve the matter. Bracing yourself, you head outside of the shrine. You're prepared for the supernatural adventure ahead of you.

You begin walking towards the children's quarter. It was tragic to think about, a life cut short too soon. No parent should survive their child... Especially if the death is a tragic one. All of their friends wouldn't truly understand what was going on. A hard dose of reality, that this world wasn't as idyllic as people would hope.

Arriving, you notice that this was the one section still up kept. Flowers were covering the graves, in memoriam of the lives who've been lost. You skim the graves and realize that not all of these deaths were peaceful. Cancers, accidents, and much darker things. How much have all of these children must've suffered before their deaths?

And then you see the defiled grave. The flowers there were waterlogged, breaking down into a greenish goop. It was broken, and the name was completely erased. The smell of burnt incense was in the air as well... Who could've done this? Why would they do this?

There was one last thing you notice: a cut-up, bloodied, and drench white dress. It was tattered and laid at the base of the grave. Did someone truly hate this child so much to try and destroy their spirit? You then catch a flash of color from the corner of your eye... Was it pink? Regardless, you needed to fix this grave. Though, the question was, how?

What do you do?

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 05-31-2021, 12:22 PM   #62
Zelphon
Caffeinated

Quote:

With a bit of pep in your step, you sprinted off in the direction of the sounds and smells, your pokemon rolling their eyes but following suit. You wove through the rubble as if you had wings, barely touching the ground if not needed, surely as fast as an electric type, Or a bird at that. But a dip in the landscape forced you to slow your adventurous advancement. In front of you laid what looked to be the aftermath of a bomb dropping. A huge crater that had to be at least several miles wide but at least a good twenty feet or so deep, sprawled in front of you.

Down within the crater you could see three or so pokemon dancing around seemingly having the time of their lives, tossing what looked to be like a beach ball back and forth between each other, the beach ball being red and white.

Another thing that you could see is that there were several other… Deflated? Balls of a similar kind spread out behind the three. They’ve been playing for a while. Getting closer to the edge you were actually able to make out that one of the pokemon playing with the two others was a big burly bear-like pokemon with black and white fur and a black cap with its fur. The other two were just out of clear defining range but you could see solid orange colors and red…

What will you do?
Coming to a stop at the edge of the giant crater Marietta grins as she looks across the giant expanse before covering one eye and performing the chuunibyo "V" with the other she squints to get a better look at the pokemon below. Unable to make them out she briefly recalls the Houndour into its ball and skids her way down into the crater before letting them back out.

"Alas, my eyes can not decern the full group, let's get a closer look at denizens of squalor. Briefly breaking character she turns to the Shuppet and says "keep an eye out for trouble, devastation like this doesn't happen on its own." The blanket ghost nodding and flying up higher to get a Braviary's eye view.

Looking up at their partner as they fly up, Houndour opts to follow Marietta more closely. She treads inches towards the group of pokemon with her Pokedex in hand to get in range better identify all present.

Old 05-31-2021, 12:49 PM   #63
grassyglide
Cascade Badge

Quote:
grassyglide-

Mulling over your options, you decide to head towards the defiled grave first. You give Yoshi one last bow, thanking him for the info and promising the resolve the matter. Bracing yourself, you head outside of the shrine. You're prepared for the supernatural adventure ahead of you.

You begin walking towards the children's quarter. It was tragic to think about, a life cut short too soon. No parent should survive their child... Especially if the death is a tragic one. All of their friends wouldn't truly understand what was going on. A hard dose of reality, that this world wasn't as idyllic as people would hope.

Arriving, you notice that this was the one section still up kept. Flowers were covering the graves, in memoriam of the lives who've been lost. You skim the graves and realize that not all of these deaths were peaceful. Cancers, accidents, and much darker things. How much have all of these children must've suffered before their deaths?

And then you see the defiled grave. The flowers there were waterlogged, breaking down into a greenish goop. It was broken, and the name was completely erased. The smell of burnt incense was in the air as well... Who could've done this? Why would they do this?

There was one last thing you notice: a cut-up, bloodied, and drench white dress. It was tattered and laid at the base of the grave. Did someone truly hate this child so much to try and destroy their spirit? You then catch a flash of color from the corner of your eye... Was it pink? Regardless, you needed to fix this grave. Though, the question was, how?

What do you do?

Argyle and co stepped out of the shrine and back into the cemetery. Armed with the knowledge that Yoshi had shared with him, Argyle felt as if he was stepping into a completely different world. At least, it was different than the world he had stepped into when he had gotten off the bus. At the time, he had assumed the cemetery to be a historic site but completely belonging in this world. Now, it seemed like the cemetery was in a completely different spirit world, a world that Argyle was a stranger to. I can't stay in my comfort zone all the time, Argyle reassured himself, This is something I have to do. It is what's right after all.

So, with those final reassuring thoughts, Argyle took the first steps towards the back of the cemetery. With each step he took, the thought that he was walking towards the children section sank deeper and deeper into him. Argyle shuddered at the thought. Kids' lives cut tragically short. They didn't have the chance to even be as old as Argyle was. They didn't get to experience much in this world. Their loved ones left grieving and trying to fill the holes that the young left behind. Parents having to suffer, perhaps the kids' peers psychologically scarred from the tragic death of their friend... Death was a fact of life, there was no escaping it. Still, it was hard to accept especially when those dying were young ones who had barely lived at all. Argyle struggled with the notion of life, death, purpose, destiny... This treck into the cemetery did not help shed any further light on such notions; all it did was put Argyle in a sullen mood.

Argyle's mood wasn't the only thing that was damp. When he made his way to the defiled grave, one of the first things he noticed was the waterlogged flowers. Just like the graves at the entrance... Argyle noted. He surveyed the grave. Waterlogged flowers, the name completely erased, the smell of burnt incense and a bloodied and drenched white dress. Why just this grave? Why erase the name? Did this kid die cause of the tsunami like all those that rested in the other waterlogged graves? Was that dress the kid's? How do I even go about fixing this? Argyle's mind was filled with questions but no answers. As he pondered the last question, he saw a pink flash in his peripheral vision.

"What was that?" Argyle asked. He quickly followed up with "Wisewoods, why don't you fly up and use Foresight and see if you can find anything weird or pink. As for fixing the grave... We can't do much about the name erasure until we learn more about the person. Can we drain out the excess water in the dirt? Maybe that dress is the easiest piece to start with. Silver, do you think you can use String Shot to try and sew the pieces together? Then we can look for a fountain to wash off the blood."

With an initial gameplan set, Argyle looked at his two Pokemon. They nodded at Argyle's commands. I have no idea if this'll work, but it's worth a shot, Argyle thought.

Last edited by grassyglide; 05-31-2021 at 12:57 PM.
Old 05-31-2021, 01:02 PM   #64
Lil'twick
Insanity

grassyglide-

With a strategy in mind, you give both Wisewoods and Silver their orders. The Rowlett gives you a nod and flies high into the skies. Looking around, Wisewood's foresight doesn't manage to gleam anything pink. Though, for something weird, he does notice a circle of spirits dancing above the pond on the opposite side of the park. Flying down, he hoots to you his findings.

Meanwhile, Silver goes straight to work. The Spewpa uses its string shot to the best of his ability. You watch as he meticulously layers each string in place, trying to patch up the small dress. In some places, it was too tattered to be repaired, but you're able to get the image. A small, white dress that was sized for a very young child.

With closer inspection, could see that the repaired bloodied dress was bloodstained. Why did it look so vibrant and real, instead of the crusty reddish-brown of dried blood? Of course, this gave you a clue. Especially with the areas of SIlver's silk.

This dress was shredded from extreme force and through jagged rocks. Definitely a victim of the tsunami, and probably the only thing used to recognize the body. This grave was named, so whoever this kid was was able to be identified. Though, a bloodied dress wasn't going to be enough. Not until you were able to dry it out. Even with dirt, it might ruin the white of the dress. Maybe if you were to apply heat or wind to dry?

What do you do?

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 05-31-2021, 01:28 PM   #65
grassyglide
Cascade Badge

Quote:

grassyglide-

With a strategy in mind, you give both Wisewoods and Silver their orders. The Rowlett gives you a nod and flies high into the skies. Looking around, Wisewood's foresight doesn't manage to gleam anything pink. Though, for something weird, he does notice a circle of spirits dancing above the pond on the opposite side of the park. Flying down, he hoots to you his findings.

Meanwhile, Silver goes straight to work. The Spewpa uses its string shot to the best of his ability. You watch as he meticulously layers each string in place, trying to patch up the small dress. In some places, it was too tattered to be repaired, but you're able to get the image. A small, white dress that was sized for a very young child.

With closer inspection, could see that the repaired bloodied dress was bloodstained. Why did it look so vibrant and real, instead of the crusty reddish-brown of dried blood? Of course, this gave you a clue. Especially with the areas of SIlver's silk.

This dress was shredded from extreme force and through jagged rocks. Definitely a victim of the tsunami, and probably the only thing used to recognize the body. This grave was named, so whoever this kid was was able to be identified. Though, a bloodied dress wasn't going to be enough. Not until you were able to dry it out. Even with dirt, it might ruin the white of the dress. Maybe if you were to apply heat or wind to dry?

What do you do?

Wisewoods took off from his perch and into the sky to do as Argyle had asked: use Foresight to scope the surroundings. Not soon after, he flew back down and broke out into an animated explanation of his findings. Argyle was accustomed to his Rowlet's mannerisms to know what he was saying. "Nothing pink, that sucks..." Argyle commented, "but at least we have a clue on some spirits that we can maybe approach. Too bad they're on the other side of the park. Let's try to do all we can here and then we can head over there. Good job, Wisewoods."

With that the Rowlet went back to his usual position on the left shoulder as the duo watched the Spewpa who was hard at work trying to recover the tattered dress. Silver did his best, but some parts of the dress were far from salvageable. Still, it gave Argyle a good idea: a white dress that clearly belonged to a very young child. What's more, it seemed like the damage to the dress was due to the jagged rocks that the young kid's body rammed against as the tsunami raged. Argyle had a hard time imagining the scene simply because it was disturbing. What was the kid doing? Were they on a walk with their parents? If so, are the parents buried here somewhere? Or were they playing with friends? If so, did the friends die too? Would they have been buried here? If they were, why is only this grave defiled? Did the others move onto the next world fine? Would other gravestones here shed some light on this? So many questions, but no answers. Argyle felt like he was getting somewhat closer to solving the puzzle, but at each turn he was faced with more and more questions. It was somewhat overwhelming for the Johto native, but it was what he signed up for. He didn't expect investigating paranormal activity to be a simple walk in the park.

Argyle shook those thoughts out of his head. Gotta focus... I have this dress thanks to Silver, so can I gleam any information out of it, he thought as he continued to examine Silver's handiwork, he noticed that the blood seemed really fresh. How could that be? Argyle was dumbfounded. If this dress was what the kid was wearing when the tsunami hit 15 years ago, then the blood should've been ancient by now. Yet all of this is so fresh. Could the spirit of the kid be around and dripping blood? Or is this the doing of some other twisted spirit or human?

Anyway, it was clear that to get a better idea of the kid who donned the dress, Argyle should try and dry it out. He didn't have any Fire-type moves up his arsenal that he could've employed in this situation. It seemed like the best option was to blast it with some wind and hope that it air dries. Argyle, or rather Wisewoods, had the perfect move for that. Definitely one that fit the mood of the graveyard. "Silver, you did a fine job with this dress given its initial state, thanks. Now, Wisewoods, let's try and dry that dress with a gust from your Ominous Wind," Argyle asked of his Grass Quill Pokemon.

Last edited by grassyglide; 05-31-2021 at 03:11 PM.
Old 05-31-2021, 06:39 PM   #66
Lil'twick
Insanity

grassyglide-

Pondering the fate of the young child, focus on trying to identify their identity more. With the dress as your only real clue right now, you felt restoring the dress would be a good idea. While you had no fire-type moves to dry out the dress, you knew Wisewoods had something up his sleeve. The Rowlett nods when you give him his orders, and begins to prep.

Taking in the ghastly energy of the park around him, Wisewood lets out an ominous wind over the dress. The purple wind washes over the bloodied white dress, dying it from a snow-white to a deep, royal purple. This was a bit odd, as usually, a wind move wouldn't dye a dress. But, as you watch the wind blow, you see both red and white fly off of the dress. Was this dress actually dyed, to begin with?

You begin to smell paint and splatters of red and white being to cover the grave. The white instantly disappears within, but the red paint begins to drip down. It swirls together until it forms a singular letter: C. The rest of the grave was too destroyed, pieces being littered around. But you do notice some rocks with glowing red letters. H, O, L, R. Was the next step repairing the grave itself?

Wisewood's wind then dies down, and you watch the dress stop fluttering. It was completely dried now, the purple fabric clashing with Silver's silk. The burnt incense smell would hide the paint, and it would also explain the waterlogged appearance. Though, why did none get on Silver? The Spewpa looks at you, holding a piece of white fabric still. It seemed this did not belong to the dress and was thrown in to sell the scene. Picking it up, you realize this was a silk scarf.

You have obtained x1 Silk Scarf!

With the dress seeming to be taken care of, for now, the next priority was the grave. The lettered rocks were just another piece of the puzzle, one that would she light on this child's identity.

What do you do?

I say that's my life

Fizzy Bubbles
Old 06-05-2021, 12:43 PM   #67
grassyglide
Cascade Badge

Quote:

grassyglide-

Pondering the fate of the young child, focus on trying to identify their identity more. With the dress as your only real clue right now, you felt restoring the dress would be a good idea. While you had no fire-type moves to dry out the dress, you knew Wisewoods had something up his sleeve. The Rowlett nods when you give him his orders, and begins to prep.

Taking in the ghastly energy of the park around him, Wisewood lets out an ominous wind over the dress. The purple wind washes over the bloodied white dress, dying it from a snow-white to a deep, royal purple. This was a bit odd, as usually, a wind move wouldn't dye a dress. But, as you watch the wind blow, you see both red and white fly off of the dress. Was this dress actually dyed, to begin with?

You begin to smell paint and splatters of red and white being to cover the grave. The white instantly disappears within, but the red paint begins to drip down. It swirls together until it forms a singular letter: C. The rest of the grave was too destroyed, pieces being littered around. But you do notice some rocks with glowing red letters. H, O, L, R. Was the next step repairing the grave itself?

Wisewood's wind then dies down, and you watch the dress stop fluttering. It was completely dried now, the purple fabric clashing with Silver's silk. The burnt incense smell would hide the paint, and it would also explain the waterlogged appearance. Though, why did none get on Silver? The Spewpa looks at you, holding a piece of white fabric still. It seemed this did not belong to the dress and was thrown in to sell the scene. Picking it up, you realize this was a silk scarf.

You have obtained x1 Silk Scarf!

With the dress seeming to be taken care of, for now, the next priority was the grave. The lettered rocks were just another piece of the puzzle, one that would she light on this child's identity.

What do you do?

"Keep it up, I think it's working," Argyle cheered his Rowlet on. The Grass Quill Pokemon was busy spinning up a purple Ominous Wind to dry the dress. "The red is flying off it, the dress should be a clean... purple? Purple?!? The dress was supposed to be white? Wisewoods, your wind won't dye it right?"

The Rowlet looked inquisitively at the dress and then at Argyle and gave a profound shake of his head, indicating "no" in response to Argyle.

"Curious..." Argyle muttered. He was quite dumbfounded at the situation. "Hmmm... that's the smell of paint. Looks like the wind flung the dye on the grave. I can see the red... and the white. The white... so that's what it was." The purple seemed to be the dress' original color and the white color with the blood stains were just dyes. He watched as the red paint dripped down and swirl to form the letter "C". Argyle shivered in response. That was probably the creepiest thing he saw today. Something out of a scary movie, not that Argyle would know much about them since he didn't like the genre. Why watch a movie to get scared? Plus, they had the potential to be the source for nightmares. Yet here he was in the middle of a haunted graveyard trying to solve a mystery.

The "C" was all fine and good, but there wasn't much else left of the grave. There were pieces of rock scattered around that belonged to the destroyed grave. "How are we going to fix it with these rocks," Argyle pondered out loud, "There isn't much... what?!? More red letters? That's even creepier." Argyle took inventory of the new letters: H, O, L, R. It was going to be a tough one.

Before he could focus on that, though, something else caught Argyle's eye. Silver was holding a piece of white fabric. "Huh, not everything's purple then?" Argyle questioned as he reached for the fabric. Then, upon closer examination he realized that this fabric was none under than a Silk Scarf. Argyle put the scarf around his neck for now; he'd find a better use for it later. Now, back to the task at hand.

"C, H, O, L, R... HOLRC, nope. ROLCH, probably not. COLRH, nah. LORCH? I don't think so? This can't be all the letters can it? Maybe part of them form a word and some of them are part of another word? I mean, LOCH is possible, but that leaves out the R..." Argyle tried to figure out how the letters went together but he wasn't coming up with anything good. LORCH seemed like the one most likely to be a word/name? Though, if these were not meant to form a single word, then there were more possibilities. "Maybe the edges of the rocks could provide hints? Kinda like puzzle pieces? Though that seems hard, I don't think I can discern differences in the edges unless they were obvious... Wisewoods, Silver do you see some other rocks around or are these all we have?" Argyle asked his Pokemon to take another look around just in case he missed something. Meanwhile, he examined the rocks a bit more closely to try and see if he could gleam any info on how they'd connect.
Old 06-07-2021, 01:33 PM   #68
lilboocorsola
Dragon's Tears

Lil' Bluey Watching Korra lately makes me think of Spirit Portals, hm...

Quote:
Milcery Patisserie: Yuki

With rescue efforts underway there was nothing for a mortal to do but wait. Time was ticking away and while the Pikadoll gave no sign of distress, an idle mind could only wonder what kinds of torture lay beyond the paranormal puddle. In need of distraction, you continue to probe Malori for intel that might help in exercising the unknown enemy. Her sobbing subsides quick enough, brow furrowing as she searches the depths of her memory.

“We had a fight one day- it felt like we had reached our breaking point and go no further… And then the power cut out. In the days that followed inventory was going missing left, right, and center. And the stock that remained had a mind of its own… Exploding pastries, frozen lattes, combusting sundaes-“ with no more tears left to cry, Malori is all of a sudden gripped by a new emotion. The fog of confusion had lifted as everything seemed to fall into place: the mysteries had a maker, an entity she could direct her pent-up frustration toward. Still cradling the chipped cup, she gives it an aggressive squeeze before lobbing it straight at the portal, the earthly object only managing to shatter against the kitchen floor, the growing destruction only fueling her building ire.

With the ceramic explosion putting an abrupt end to the interrogation, you sheepishly stand back as Malori marches toward the swirling spill, addressing it directly: “What kind of MONSTER would torture a grieving family?! What kind of MONSTER would kidnap young Pokemon?!”

Sinistea Patisserie

Having escaped the mobsters’ mitts, the juvenile ghosts were faced with a choice of fight or flee, deciding to firmly hold their ground. Sinistea’s trembling comes to ease with its newfound friends at its back, face painted with a mischievous grin as Patty cooks up a mean scheme. While Mimi has trouble following she dutifully carries out her sister’s orders, a Substitute draped in bandages taking kitchen centerpiece. Patty meanwhile conjures a cauldron she has no hope of lifting; she would need to take a tealeaf from Sinistea’s book. Its porcelain cheeks flush pink as she calls on him for assistance, modesty quickly subsiding as muffling from the other room spurs them into action.

‘Sure thing, follow my lead…’ the two aren’t given long to practice until the door gives a jostle, forcing their plan into overdrive as they scramble to their hiding spots. Sinistea bobs over to the cupboard with Mimi in tow, nestling above a stack of cups as his body became inanimate. With her friends concealed Patty hops into the oven, just about managing to close it behind her without letting her grip of the lofty cauldron slip. As Patty settles into her hiding spot, the cauldron bubbles suddenly change a different color and a bubble rises up from the batch and pops. The scent of black razz berries suddenly fills up the whole oven and Patty is left wondering what exactly the bubble caused...

Soon enough the ghastly trio enters the room, All three lined up and ready to pounce, as their eyes scan the room they see the substitute of Mimi positioned in the middle of the floor. As they approach, the plan springs into action. The Mummy Bandages come alive and grip the gaggle of ghosts, catching them off guard and holding them effectively as Patty springs forth from the oven, lighting the bandages aflame with a well-aimed Flamethrower, As the bandages catch fire, all the ghosts start screaming in horror, allowing Patty to then use the ghostly powers Sinistea showed her, to lift the cauldron up and over the trio and then dump the now purple batch of strange liquid upon all of them.

This extinguishes the flames.... but also causes something else to happen.
The substitute of Mimi suddenly comes to life much like a real Mimikyu, and the eyes gleam a sinister light before suddenly the ghost trio is dragged by the wraps underneath an ever-growing cloak of the newly alive Mimikyu.

More screams of horror escape the trio as they were enwrapped under the mimikyus cloth, seeing unknown horrors. Just as fast as it happened, the ghostly trio was released, all of whom promptly took off fast then you've ever seen Pokémon run as they flee from the now shrinking and motionless Mimikyu Substitute...

"We... Chased them off? WE CHASED THEM OFF! WOOOOO" The sinistea comes out from the cabinet celebrating and dancing around with Mimi.

As Malori's emotions began to boil over like a kettle, she squeezed the ceramic in her hands before suddenly hurling it at the puddle portal in a fit of rage; startling Jess as it simply shattered into shards against the solid tile beneath, barely even causing a ripple. The mad mother stood up and stalked angrily over to the undisturbed spill, shouting her frustrations directly at it in a fruitless endeavor to upset the pool's peace - to make whoever was on the other side pay for all the painful torment it had wrought on an already deeply suffering family. Jess bit her lip as she strove to think how to deescalate the situation, but experience with Blueberry made her somewhat afraid to stand in the way of a grieving woman's wrath. (Meanwhile, Momo saw the sign of unbridled violence as an opportunity to partake in wanton destruction, and gleefully picked up another relatively intact piece of porcelain in eagerness to follow suit by example, preparing to smash spectacularly - only to be stopped by a stern Kim as the Vanillite preventively plucked the plate from the pouting Pichu's grasp overhead, placing delicately back on the tray for now.)

Jess raised an eyebrow at the two's antics, but shook her head and made no comment as she turned to Miru instead, more concerned about the matron host's hostile behavior at the moment. With her own Pokémon still somewhere within the well, she'd feel a lot better about their wellbeing if they didn't antagonize by starting to throw sharp objects at the only way back...

"Miru, can you try to calm her down with an AROMATHERAPY? If it's not enough, see if you can get the other waitresses to help. I'm counting on you."

…On the flipside, the youngsters' scheme worked out even better than anticipated - courtesy of the mysterious effects of Patty's Cauldron - and as the aggressors fled from the animated puppet the trio of tricksters could hardly contain their laughter as they came out of hiding. Cheering over such huge success, the Sinistea joyfully danced about with the doll's true doppelganger, and Patty grinned as she joined the group celebratory circle, congratulating both her friend and lil sis on a job well done.

"Boy, we sure showed those bullies, didn't we?" she snickered, as Mimi mimed the priceless faces the goons made as soon as her mirror image came to life.

"Bad. Guys. No. Match. For. Us."

The Mimikyu giggled as she vigorously high-fived her partners in crime, like three mischievous Musketeers gloating over victory.

While the girls continued to rejoice and gather their things, Blue looked on from above, swelling with pride over their triumph as well. Seems her assistance wasn't needed after all, she recognized as she wiped a tiny dewdrop tear from her eyes, accepting that perhaps indeed her little ones were growing up and could handle themselves on their own now (for the most part). Deciding she should place trust in the pair to come back safely (without scolding or hand-holding necessary) soon, the mini balloon began drifting to the rift unnoticed, planning to report back to Jess and wait patiently for her daughters on the nonspiritual surface, whenever they were ready to return.

After collecting the Cauldron and redressing Mimi in what remained of her burnt Bandages, Patty abruptly exclaimed in realization:

"Ah, the cake! We completely forgot about it... It's probably spoiled by the smog now too, ugh."

She sighed sadly over the loss of her handiwork before even getting to sample it, but then drew up determinedly with fresh resolve, revolving to Sinistea with a smile.

"Say, why don't you come back with us? At least until all the smoke clears out... Sorry about that by the way." The candle rubbed her wax sheepishly. "My parents own a Café too, so you can come visit and taste some of our food. My mom's a great pastry chef, and I'm gonna try to convince her to let me cook as well for once. What do you think?"

Mimi nodded excitedly in approval at the idea.

"Yes. Friend. Come. Eat. Play. Fun!"

Last edited by lilboocorsola; 06-10-2021 at 07:15 PM.
Old 06-10-2021, 07:30 PM   #69
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Quincy caught on to your rather obvious mood drop and decided to keep silent and got his boat up and running. It was only fair, you did have a rather wild, bumpy surprising turn after turn of events that happened to you in the span of 12 hours.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quincy turned off the boat’s engine and turned over to you, pulling up a map and placing it upon the top of a counter, and began to study it, scrutinizing it with great focus. From a glance, it seemed to be a map of the Cove and the different depths it went to and marking several rocky Stacks spread throughout this area.

“There are very few places to actually hide a base for an operation that seems to be of this scale these days here in the Cape… While you could find dreadnaughts abandoned from the time Team Aqua attempted to capture Kyogre, I highly doubt they are in any shape to withstand and hold a bunch of wild pokemon of this caliber along with who knows how many Pokemon.”

Quincy took and crossed one arm across his chest and stroked his beard with the other while he attempted to think.

“Technically speaking there IS an old and abandoned Oil rig out here that ‘could’ hold an operation of this caliber but that thing is so full and riddled with holes after we found a Gigantic Dragonite and fackin angered it, but it would take a LOT of money and time to restore it which I doubt many have, and we Don’t know much about these poachers so while we can’t rule out the rig, we also can’t say its the Homebase so to speak”

He turned over to you and offered you to look at the map with an expression that says do you have any ideas?

Pokedex in hand, you decided to get closer to the group you stumbled across while your partner Shuppet took to the skies to keep an eye out for potential danger. As you got closer and closer the sweet scent you could smell that brought you here got sweeter and sweeter, to the point that it was nearly sickening and it started to overpower any other scent you could possibly smell.

If it was this bad for you, you could only imagine how bad this scent would be bearing down upon Houndour.. But alas you were close enough to actually see what exactly was going on and hopefully get some Pokedex scans in…

Those beach balls are… Dented? How could plastic air-filled beach balls be dented? Upon closer inspection, you also saw that these “Beach Balls” were HUGE, well in comparison. They came up to at least 3 feet tall if not more.

A gruff roaring sound interrupted you and startled you fell backward.

BANNNNNGGGGG

That was… metallic??? What in the heck was being tossed about like a beach ball?
You were now close enough to get a better sight with the three pokemon playings, and you took this opportunity to scan them with your Pokedex, They didn’t seem to notice or hear you nor your partner Pokemon and you didn’t know if these Pokemon were a potential threat to you yet… well logically speaking all wild pokemon can be a threat, but you didn’t know if these could be approached without harm befalling you yet.

The first pokemon you scanned was bear-like in nature, chewing on a thin stemmed shoot of grass or something similar, its fur pattern and colors could now be seen in better detail and you could see it looked to be dark grey borderline on black and seemed to be wearing a trenchcoat and trousers with a white belly hanging out. The pokemon you thought was red, you could now see that it was a head crest and that the rest of the body was orange and yellow with grey markings around the eyes and belly. It was bipedal and lizard-like in nature… and it also seemed to be wearing pants? It also had a hood too…

The third Pokemon you could see looked to be a brown pile of fluff stuck upon a Super Sized Jack-o-lantern with adorable little fangs that stuck out while it seemed to be in deep concentration.

Milcery Patisserie: Yuki
Miru nodded and the Milcery started to waft her whole body up and down in a slightly mesmerizing bob, a sweet and warming scent soon started to fill the room filling the room with what seemed to be everyone’s favorite scent, whatever it may be. It allowed Malori to take a shuddering breath and stop in her tracks… Dejected she fell to her knees and openly sobbed into her hands… You weren’t likely to get a response from her here at the moment. It was probably best to let her cry some more, she was overwhelmed with what seemed to be a building damn of shoved away emotions.

Sinistea Patisserie
As Blueberry drifted back in through the rift, unnoticed, you finished getting Mimi covered back up with her bandages. Perhaps there was a way to restore these but that wasn’t here or now. You were abruptly reminded about your Cake that you worked hard on and you were disappointed that it was probably ruined by the smog…

Turning back to the Sinistea you offered to have them return home with you, Well not technically home but back to the other side where you lived, and Mimi spoke her approval of the proposed idea.

But as the Sinistea was about to answer you a crashing noise could be heard followed by the words “What kind of MONSTER would torture a grieving family?! What kind of MONSTER would kidnap young Pokemon?!”

Silence filled the room as sobbing could be heard from the other side.

Sinistea’s face started to contourt and all indications of happiness vanished from the room.
Tears started to form in the teacups eyes and started to sniffle. Before you could say anything the Sinistea started to sob in the same intensity as Malori…

From there things only seemed to get worse as you turned to look at the Rift, it started to Shrink!
It seemed that the Rift was connected to Sinisteas emotions.. And if you wanted to get back home, you’re going to have to calm the Sinistea down

FB Profile | Memakyu - Emakiss | Affinity Avenu | Come check out my Pokemon battling server!

Hey! You! Yeah, you! Do you like Pokémon RPGs? Want to go on an epic adventure with Pokémon of your own, catching new Pokémon as you go, trading Pokémon and items with helpful and friendly members of a wonderful community? If you said yes to any of that, or even just thought about saying yes to any of that, then join the Fizzy Bubbles RPG! The longest-running online Pokémon RPG known to man or Mankey!
Old 06-10-2021, 08:49 PM   #70
Zelphon
Caffeinated

Quote:

Pokedex in hand, you decided to get closer to the group you stumbled across while your partner Shuppet took to the skies to keep an eye out for potential danger. As you got closer and closer the sweet scent you could smell that brought you here got sweeter and sweeter, to the point that it was nearly sickening and it started to overpower any other scent you could possibly smell.

If it was this bad for you, you could only imagine how bad this scent would be bearing down upon Houndour.. But alas you were close enough to actually see what exactly was going on and hopefully get some Pokedex scans in…

Those beach balls are… Dented? How could plastic air-filled beach balls be dented? Upon closer inspection, you also saw that these “Beach Balls” were HUGE, well in comparison. They came up to at least 3 feet tall if not more.

A gruff roaring sound interrupted you and startled you fell backward.

BANNNNNGGGGG

That was… metallic??? What in the heck was being tossed about like a beach ball?
You were now close enough to get a better sight with the three pokemon playings, and you took this opportunity to scan them with your Pokedex, They didn’t seem to notice or hear you nor your partner Pokemon and you didn’t know if these Pokemon were a potential threat to you yet… well logically speaking all wild pokemon can be a threat, but you didn’t know if these could be approached without harm befalling you yet.

The first pokemon you scanned was bear-like in nature, chewing on a thin stemmed shoot of grass or something similar, its fur pattern and colors could now be seen in better detail and you could see it looked to be dark grey borderline on black and seemed to be wearing a trenchcoat and trousers with a white belly hanging out. The pokemon you thought was red, you could now see that it was a head crest and that the rest of the body was orange and yellow with grey markings around the eyes and belly. It was bipedal and lizard-like in nature… and it also seemed to be wearing pants? It also had a hood too…

The third Pokemon you could see looked to be a brown pile of fluff stuck upon a Super Sized Jack-o-lantern with adorable little fangs that stuck out while it seemed to be in deep concentration.

Picking herself off the ground, Marietta takes a moment to take mental notes of each of the scanned pokemon, especially their characteristics, before putting her Pokedex away. Still unsure about how to approach the trio and their weird metal ball she turns to make her way to one of the flattened balls to the side in order to think and investigate.

After making her way over fully she glances first at the wild pokemon and then at her Houndour. She then motions to both of her companions to come to her location, returning her gaze to the others to watch for any behavior change.

Upon both of her pokemon arriving at her location, Marietta turns to the Shuppet and whispers "Phantom of white, fade from sight to get a closer look and feed on any residual hatred." Nodding the Ghost-type blinks out of sight, its faint silhouette floating towards the group.

Satisfied she then turns to her Houndour and orders it to keep watch while she investigates the nearby ball, saying "I know this foul odor is worse for one such as you, but I beseech you to stand guard until the phantom and I finish our investigation of the situation.

Old 06-10-2021, 09:04 PM   #71
blu3shift
Cascade Badge

Quote:

Quincy caught on to your rather obvious mood drop and decided to keep silent and got his boat up and running. It was only fair, you did have a rather wild, bumpy surprising turn after turn of events that happened to you in the span of 12 hours.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quincy turned off the boat’s engine and turned over to you, pulling up a map and placing it upon the top of a counter, and began to study it, scrutinizing it with great focus. From a glance, it seemed to be a map of the Cove and the different depths it went to and marking several rocky Stacks spread throughout this area.

“There are very few places to actually hide a base for an operation that seems to be of this scale these days here in the Cape… While you could find dreadnaughts abandoned from the time Team Aqua attempted to capture Kyogre, I highly doubt they are in any shape to withstand and hold a bunch of wild pokemon of this caliber along with who knows how many Pokemon.”

Quincy took and crossed one arm across his chest and stroked his beard with the other while he attempted to think.

“Technically speaking there IS an old and abandoned Oil rig out here that ‘could’ hold an operation of this caliber but that thing is so full and riddled with holes after we found a Gigantic Dragonite and fackin angered it, but it would take a LOT of money and time to restore it which I doubt many have, and we Don’t know much about these poachers so while we can’t rule out the rig, we also can’t say its the Homebase so to speak”

He turned over to you and offered you to look at the map with an expression that says do you have any ideas?
The trip out to sea was thankfully uneventful. Apparently Quincy caught onto Elijah's worsening mood (that he was also doing a terrible job at hiding, apparently), silently steering the ship away from the coast and out into the wild blue yonder. Elijah more than appreciated this, savoring the first time that he had some time to relax and breathe since he disembarked from the flight that landed him in Fizzytopia in the first place.

That wasn't to say that the trip wasn't without its surprises, however. As Elijah flicked through everything that his Pokédex could gather on the Krabby that was tagging along with him, he noticed that the Pokémon had somehow attained level 25—impressive because it was unusually high, especially compared to the rest of his team, but concerning because that experience had to come from somewhere. Either it had put up one hell of a fight back on the beach, it had been around for a while, or... yeah, Elijah didn't even want to think about what Team Capture-A-Bunch-Of-Fish-For-Some-Reason could have done to it. His Pokédex also highlighted a move called "Secret Power"—a move that Krabby couldn't learn naturally as it so helpfully explained, further intriguing Elijah. Curious but determined to not be stuck in a battle commanding a Pokémon that he didn't know how to command, he returned to studying the rest of its moves.

---

Elijah tried to peek over Quincy's shoulder to get a better look at the map that he was holding—apparently there was nothing out here that could conceal an operation of this caliber from the rest of the world. Abandoned ships couldn't exactly hold multiple Wailord, and the apparent lone oil rig all the way out here was in way too bad of a shape to keep some sort of base of operations going without some costly maintenance.

But then again, there was that word of the day: conceal. It was safe to assume that whatever these people were doing, it had to be somewhere where nobody could find them. Elijah would have to end up scouring every single mile of this ocean if he wanted to have a fleeting chance of even knowing if anyone was down there.

Wait. Every single mile? Elijah inwardly questioned. That reminds me of something, actually...

"Hey Quincy, can you try and steer us towards the parts of the ocean that are around 5 miles deep?" Elijah asked as he was handed the map. "I think I have an idea."
Old 06-10-2021, 09:44 PM   #72
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Quincy looked at you with confusion in his eyes but complied anyway, He didn’t quite understand what exactly you had thought up of but as he had no ideas of his own he figured this would be better than nothing. He nodded and went over to start up the boat’s engine once more and started to steer the boat around as it started to pick up some speed.

As he steered the boat around Stacks and wove his way, he decided to start explaining the Aquamole.

“I can only assume you’re going to attempt to dive down deep and I won’t be able to come with you. The Aquamole’s not equipped to handle more than one person comfortably. Krelia had asked me and ‘hired’ me sort of, for the sole reason to use my one-man submarine because she didn’t want to make anyone uncomfortable diving and swimming if they weren’t able to. Which this is perfect for actually, it doesn’t take much to steer, and if anything it’s more of a big ole escape pod equipped for safe but fast resurfaces.”

“I don’t know what kinds of things you’ll encounter under the bay here, but I’ll be up here in immediate radio contact with you to support you however I can, I do have a partner I can loan to you to assist you should you have an underwater scuffle tho but I don’t know if you’ll need her” Quincy takes a Pokeball from his shirt pocket and hands it to you. “ I recommend against opening her ball right now but she’s my partner Kingdra. If you have to use her she’ll let me and everyone in the nearest however big vicinity know by creating a mighty whirlpool, Don’t worry about the Aquamole because it’s got the capability to traverse whirlpools, so as long as you’re inside it you’ll be safe.”

Sounded like Quincy’s Kingdra should be an if all else fails safety net option, but opening up a huge whirlpool this far out doesn’t seem like it would harm most but cause a bigger distraction and allow for a getaway.

After a few more mins Quincy turned the boat’s engine off and went to go get the Aquamole ready, after giving Diligence a loving rub on the head, who had dutifully followed along with Penumbra atop her shell

Whatever plan you had, Quincy was fully trusting you with it and denoting his tasks to aid you with it however he could.

After ordering your Shuppet to phase away over to the group of pokemon to study and see if they were possibly approachable, you commanded your houndour to be ready to pounce on the defense should issue arrive upon swift dark wings of trouble.

From there on you decided to take a closer look at the “deflated Beach Balls” that were seemingly metallic in nature. Upon closer inspection, several were indeed metal and hollow inside as you looked at a half-crushed Red and white ball with a huge hole in it. There wasn’t anything inside it and as far as you could discern it was nothing more than a metal ball that looked eerily similar to a Pokeball, about several times its size and well… crushed.

You could only assume that the bear pokemon was the sole cause of these holes and flattened balls but you also had to wonder where they had found these in the first place because… well you didn’t see any stores or stands or anything of the likes on your way in through the island that even remotely seemed like you could get such items. You had heard there was supposed to be a long since imploded reactor here, but you doubted that a Power Plant had these lying around unless they doubled as a factory too. IF it did then this would make sense but until you had further clues it just didn’t.

Your Shuppet reappeared in front of you and danced around happily for a moment with a small smile, As best as you could understand the pokemon were safe enough to approach should you choose to do so.

Well… What did you want to do now?
Old 06-10-2021, 10:15 PM   #73
Zelphon
Caffeinated

Quote:
After ordering your Shuppet to phase away over to the group of pokemon to study and see if they were possibly approachable, you commanded your houndour to be ready to pounce on the defense should issue arrive upon swift dark wings of trouble.

From there on you decided to take a closer look at the “deflated Beach Balls” that were seemingly metallic in nature. Upon closer inspection, several were indeed metal and hollow inside as you looked at a half-crushed Red and white ball with a huge hole in it. There wasn’t anything inside it and as far as you could discern it was nothing more than a metal ball that looked eerily similar to a Pokeball, about several times its size and well… crushed.

You could only assume that the bear pokemon was the sole cause of these holes and flattened balls but you also had to wonder where they had found these in the first place because… well you didn’t see any stores or stands or anything of the likes on your way in through the island that even remotely seemed like you could get such items. You had heard there was supposed to be a long since imploded reactor here, but you doubted that a Power Plant had these lying around unless they doubled as a factory too. IF it did then this would make sense but until you had further clues it just didn’t.

Your Shuppet reappeared in front of you and danced around happily for a moment with a small smile, As best as you could understand the pokemon were safe enough to approach should you choose to do so.

Well… What did you want to do now?
Relieved the idea of the nearby pokemon not being a threat Marietta lets out loud sigh of relief, lowing her guard and standing up straight. "Well done my servants of darkness, you both performed your duties admirably."

"Alas I myself have come short in my own as the only thing I can confirm is that these "beach balls" as we thought them to be are in fact oversized pokeballs. "But this makes no sense, reports only showed there being a powerplant in the area, perhaps it has come time that we should beseech those before us for answers.

Pumping herself up Marietta shadow boxes a bit and jumps in place before taking a deep breath and excitedly walking towards the trio of wild pokemon with her arms out stretched.

"Hello dwellers of this apocalyptical domain, I Marietta hereby request your aid and companionship! Please forgive my companions and I for our intrusion upon your home and help us uncover the dark secrets of your land!

Upon finishing her speech she then stands still and grins up at the Pangoro, both of her companions simply looking flabbergasted by their trainer.

Old 06-10-2021, 10:15 PM   #74
blu3shift
Cascade Badge

Quote:
Quincy looked at you with confusion in his eyes but complied anyway, He didn’t quite understand what exactly you had thought up of but as he had no ideas of his own he figured this would be better than nothing. He nodded and went over to start up the boat’s engine once more and started to steer the boat around as it started to pick up some speed.

As he steered the boat around Stacks and wove his way, he decided to start explaining the Aquamole.

“I can only assume you’re going to attempt to dive down deep and I won’t be able to come with you. The Aquamole’s not equipped to handle more than one person comfortably. Krelia had asked me and ‘hired’ me sort of, for the sole reason to use my one-man submarine because she didn’t want to make anyone uncomfortable diving and swimming if they weren’t able to. Which this is perfect for actually, it doesn’t take much to steer, and if anything it’s more of a big ole escape pod equipped for safe but fast resurfaces.”

“I don’t know what kinds of things you’ll encounter under the bay here, but I’ll be up here in immediate radio contact with you to support you however I can, I do have a partner I can loan to you to assist you should you have an underwater scuffle tho but I don’t know if you’ll need her” Quincy takes a Pokeball from his shirt pocket and hands it to you. “ I recommend against opening her ball right now but she’s my partner Kingdra. If you have to use her she’ll let me and everyone in the nearest however big vicinity know by creating a mighty whirlpool, Don’t worry about the Aquamole because it’s got the capability to traverse whirlpools, so as long as you’re inside it you’ll be safe.”

Sounded like Quincy’s Kingdra should be an if all else fails safety net option, but opening up a huge whirlpool this far out doesn’t seem like it would harm most but cause a bigger distraction and allow for a getaway.

After a few more mins Quincy turned the boat’s engine off and went to go get the Aquamole ready, after giving Diligence a loving rub on the head, who had dutifully followed along with Penumbra atop her shell

Whatever plan you had, Quincy was fully trusting you with it and denoting his tasks to aid you with it however he could.
"Oh, don't worry, I'll definitely have someone to talk to if everything goes according to plan," Elijah said, tapping the ear that Krelia's earpiece was lodged in. "...And if not, then, uh... yeah." His speech sort of slowed down towards the end of that last sentence, but he didn't really want to admit that he had no idea what he was doing. At least he had a backup plan in the form of Quincy's "Kingdra" just in case he had to cut his losses.

"Anyway, guess I got a job to do," Elijah continued. "Catch ya on the flipside."
Old 06-22-2021, 05:50 PM   #75
Prof.Enigma
Enraptured by Enigmatics

Quincy had shown you the basics of how to operate the Aquamole and, after a moment or two with messing around figuring the controls. Simple enough as they were, you were on your way and making your way down through Cape E’s waters.

As you dip beneath the waves, the sun was setting on the water’s edge. It’d be nighttime soon, which meant that you’d for sure see these Pokemon poachers one way or another if your gut instinct was correct. One thing Qunicy warned you about was how deep the Aquamole could safely go with you inside it. You shouldn’t go down deeper than five miles or about 10k meters. He trusted that you’d be safe diving at that depth within the subnautic machine but he cautioned against surfacing fast, IF you had to you were to use Kingdra in such an event. Quincy didn’t fully explain what would happen should you surface fast, and it was probably for the best you didn’t think about that danger right now when you first have to focus on at very Least, finding an underwater base.

As you were diving, Epoch somehow managed to fit inside with you, popping in and out of the machinery to look as you dive, but the digital pokemon’s antics were abruptly interrupted as Krelia’s earbuds you were given started to glow and give a soft pinging beep.

That was a good sign, She was somewhere under here… Now to figure out where.
Krabby, who had been holding onto the Aquamole as you made your way down, tapped on the visor and pointed a crooked claw in ahead of you, where just barely within the line of the sub’s light, you could make out some form of a line?? Suspended above most of the ocean floor by beams and making what looked to be a runway track.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records