UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2020, 10:05 PM   #351
Emp
Volcano Badge

Yanmega Arboreal Cradle - o7

Leniazom Banks

TheKnightsFury: As the battle unfolds you come to realise that flushing away the creepy crawly would be no easy feat, but you weren’t the type to back down from a fight that easily. Rookidee was seemingly a bird of the same feather, rushing in headstrong before you can string your orders together with another Charge Beam. Recognising the electrically charged technique, the Araquanid activates a Mirror Coat around its water bubbles in the nick of time, deflecting with a devastating counterblow which almost knocks the fledgling out of flight!

With the Tiny Bird Pokémon hurtling toward the half-way mark, evasive manoeuvres were a smart follow up: struggling to regain balance, the Rookidee picks up altitude before flitting in all directions until you soon start to see Double. Nonplussed, the menacing Araquanid picks out one of the Team with a second Water Gun, a clean miss as the spritz of vapour passes through a decoy. This gives Rookidee a renewed bout of confidence, beating his tiny wings to generate a Slash of Air, bolstered by the pre-battle Calm Mind and latter Charge Beam. The enemy lets out a blood-curdling screech as the piercing gust strikes square against its abdomen, bits of netting also taking residual damage as the spider scuttles to a sturdier portion of its web. The now fuming Araquanid’s helmet begins to foam as a Beam of Bubbles bombard the skies, the widespread assault starting to make quick work of Rookidee’s doubles, with the fledgling next up on the pecking order...

Last edited by Emp; 06-29-2020 at 11:25 PM.
Old 06-30-2020, 03:37 AM   #352
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

empoleon dynamite- As requested, you quickly withdraw the newly evolved Snooki into her ball. You admire the old man's Tyranitar as you approach him, thoughts drifting to your own Pupitar who had yet to evolve, despite being in its pupa stage for many years now. Even if he'd evolved though, he'd still likely pale in comparison to this magnificent specimen. This Tyranitar was quite large and you could reason that it was also quite old. Once you get closer you get a better look and notice deep scars in its plated armour, likely from decades of vicious battles. Trying not to spend to much time focusing on the Tyranitar, you quickly explain to the man that you are indeed new in town and were only defending yourself.

"Hmmmm", the old man grumbles, "not the first time I've heard that excuse but I'll give you benefit of the doubt this time. Follow me." You follow the man as he makes his way around the bar, stopping at each patron to check for some form of identification. "I run a tight ship around here, no permit or proof employment then you deal with me. Tyrone is my name, though behind my back they like to call me Ty the Tyrant. Came out here on behalf of the Hunters Guild, there was a big incident out this way recently and they wanted someone to snap this area back into line. Figured it would be a good final challenge before I retire, but turns out this place is as boring as Zubat shit for the most part." Ty is just about finished his rounds when he spots the man who had been taking odds on your battle. "Now where are you heading off to Slick?" The man stops in his tracks, hands instantly digging into his pocket to retrieve the bag he'd stashed the coin in.

"We were just trying to have a bit of fun sir, not often we get new blood to take advantage of." Slick tosses the coin pouch to the old man before slinking away.

Ty opens the bag, doing a quick count as he makes his way towards the bar. He tips most of the bag out into the waiting hands of the bartender. "This should cover the damages and then some, sorry for disrupting your evening." He then hands you the rest of the bag, there was probably about $500 left in it. "You seemed about ready to finish the job when I barged in, seems like you earned that. You look like you could use a bit more though, I suppose your looking for work? I'm heading on out to Mausoleum of Giants in the morning to check on a new dig site, make sure everything is up to code. They could probably use a hand out there and they pay pretty well compared to most places around here. What do you say?"

Old 06-30-2020, 04:00 AM   #353
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emp View Post
Leniazom Banks

TheKnightsFury: As the battle unfolds you come to realise that flushing away the creepy crawly would be no easy feat, but you weren’t the type to back down from a fight that easily. Rookidee was seemingly a bird of the same feather, rushing in headstrong before you can string your orders together with another Charge Beam. Recognising the electrically charged technique, the Araquanid activates a Mirror Coat around its water bubbles in the nick of time, deflecting with a devastating counterblow which almost knocks the fledgling out of flight!

With the Tiny Bird Pokémon hurtling toward the half-way mark, evasive manoeuvres were a smart follow up: struggling to regain balance, the Rookidee picks up altitude before flitting in all directions until you soon start to see Double. Nonplussed, the menacing Araquanid picks out one of the Team with a second Water Gun, a clean miss as the spritz of vapour passes through a decoy. This gives Rookidee a renewed bout of confidence, beating his tiny wings to generate a Slash of Air, bolstered by the pre-battle Calm Mind and latter Charge Beam. The enemy lets out a blood-curdling screech as the piercing gust strikes square against its abdomen, bits of netting also taking residual damage as the spider scuttles to a sturdier portion of its web. The now fuming Araquanid’s helmet begins to foam as a Beam of Bubbles bombard the skies, the widespread assault starting to make quick work of Rookidee’s doubles, with the fledgling next up on the pecking order...
Rookidee was on the offensive, but Araquanid was proving a more than capable opponent. While Rookidee saw success with another Charge Beam, Araquanid made great use of it as well, using Mirror Coat to return an even stronger attack. Double Team gave both Xander and Rookidee an opportunity to reassess the situation. Rookidee had begun to gave boosts, but they need a couple more under their belt. Araquanid was starting to see through the Double Team though, breaking through the remaining clones with a Bubblebeam.

"Evasive manoeuvres Rookidee! Keep on the move and keep up the boosting with a Flame Charge, then Work yourself Up!" With the boosts from those two moves, they'd be better positioned to go in for a strong hit. "Then go on a Power Trip!" Rookidee let out a reassuring chirp, although Empoleon was starting to worry. He just wasn't sure that Rookidee had would it took to take down this strong of an opponent, not at this level.

OOC:
Feeding 2 Rare Candies to Rookidee, boosting him to lvl 18

Old 07-03-2020, 11:40 PM   #354
Emp
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
empoleon dynamite- As requested, you quickly withdraw the newly evolved Snooki into her ball. You admire the old man's Tyranitar as you approach him, thoughts drifting to your own Pupitar who had yet to evolve, despite being in its pupa stage for many years now. Even if he'd evolved though, he'd still likely pale in comparison to this magnificent specimen. This Tyranitar was quite large and you could reason that it was also quite old. Once you get closer you get a better look and notice deep scars in its plated armour, likely from decades of vicious battles. Trying not to spend to much time focusing on the Tyranitar, you quickly explain to the man that you are indeed new in town and were only defending yourself.

"Hmmmm", the old man grumbles, "not the first time I've heard that excuse but I'll give you benefit of the doubt this time. Follow me." You follow the man as he makes his way around the bar, stopping at each patron to check for some form of identification. "I run a tight ship around here, no permit or proof employment then you deal with me. Tyrone is my name, though behind my back they like to call me Ty the Tyrant. Came out here on behalf of the Hunters Guild, there was a big incident out this way recently and they wanted someone to snap this area back into line. Figured it would be a good final challenge before I retire, but turns out this place is as boring as Zubat shit for the most part." Ty is just about finished his rounds when he spots the man who had been taking odds on your battle. "Now where are you heading off to Slick?" The man stops in his tracks, hands instantly digging into his pocket to retrieve the bag he'd stashed the coin in.

"We were just trying to have a bit of fun sir, not often we get new blood to take advantage of." Slick tosses the coin pouch to the old man before slinking away.

Ty opens the bag, doing a quick count as he makes his way towards the bar. He tips most of the bag out into the waiting hands of the bartender. "This should cover the damages and then some, sorry for disrupting your evening." He then hands you the rest of the bag, there was probably about $500 left in it. "You seemed about ready to finish the job when I barged in, seems like you earned that. You look like you could use a bit more though, I suppose your looking for work? I'm heading on out to Mausoleum of Giants in the morning to check on a new dig site, make sure everything is up to code. They could probably use a hand out there and they pay pretty well compared to most places around here. What do you say?"
Let off the hook, the traveller felt a shower of relief wash over him, muscles untensing as the old stranger ushered him to follow. Stepping over the debris of garbage and ore, he made his rounds as Emp ambled in tow; it became clear he was spot checking each and every punter. Emp quickly came to learn that the man - named Tyrone (although ‘Ty the Tyrant’ was certainly more befitting) - was dispatched to the Hallows to snuff out the growing dissonance in the region. The traveller had heard whispers of the sorts of crimes that plagued the badlands, as well as the Hunters who policed all reaches of the Cradle like rangers in the old Wild West. As interesting as the stories were, he’d kept his head down up to yet - although it was only a matter of time until trouble found him. Emp’s chain of thought was disrupted as the Hunter hollered toward the bookmaker who was attempting to make a break! His legs just as quickly turned to jelly, forfieting the spoils of their skirmish before slinking into the night. Ty poured the bag onto the bar table, giving most of the loot to the barkeep as way of compensation. He tossed what was left Emp’s way, the trainer catching the bag with a clink. He decided it best to mask his excitement as he jingled what was left of the coin; the Hunter had no reason to reward him for his recklessness and could just as easily take it back.

"You seemed about ready to finish the job when I barged in, seems like you earned that. You look like you could use a bit more though, I suppose your looking for work? I'm heading on out to Mausoleum of Giants in the morning to check on a new dig site, make sure everything is up to code. They could probably use a hand out there and they pay pretty well compared to most places around here. What do you say?"

The traveller was dumbfounded, he’d expected a scalding but found his golden opportunity. Perhaps the Hunter was kinder than his moniker made out, or had he seen something in Emp during those brief flashes of battle. Either way, his answer came clear and resounding: “Yes – I mean, of course I’d like to come along.”

Obtained $500

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Old 07-04-2020, 03:03 AM   #355
Emp
Volcano Badge

Yanmega Arboreal Cradle - Update o8

Leniazom Banks

TheKnightsFury: The upstream battle was more than living up to the notes in your field guide. Rookidee was displaying success in upping his stats but was still falling short of closing any power gap. You strain against the spray of waterfall as your eyes follow the jet of bubbles skyward, wincing as they wipe out Rookidee’s decoys in one fell swoop! Buffeted in equal measure, the fledgling waits on your command as its confidence and flight both begin to falter. It was time for another evasive pattern, Rookidee breaking into combustion as he zipped around the Araquanid web, picking up momentum as he Charged in for a tackle – Flames hissing against the foe’s Water Bubble. The hit only seems to annoy the spider as its prey swoops back out of reach, narrowly avoiding its attempt to down him with a full-force Liquidation.

While Rookidee literally Worked Up the araquanid looked just as riled, moreso, as it leaned its weight against the elasticity of its webbing and sprung into a Lunge! Still getting psyched up, the Tiny Bird Pokemon is given no warning as the foe closes distance in the blink of an eye. Time seems to slow down as the arachnid wraps its arms around Rookidee, his weight more than enough to knock the fledgling out of flight. The predator and prey spiral as they begin to lose altitude, Rookidee flailing with all his might in efforts to wrestle free. The Araquanid doubles down, the Bug’s menacing incisors latching down, Biting through feather and flesh. What’s left of the web splits apart under their combined weight, nothing keeping them from nosediving into the rocky minefield below. The cascade crashes violently against the stony outcrops, promising to take care of the bird if the impact didn’t. Empoleon squawks as he jets forward, the sudden velocity enough to throw you off his back as he efforts to intercept the fall an impossible distance away.

Your ears fill with the hum of crashing water. Bubbles run from your nostrils and mouth as you fight for air, splashing against the undertow as you struggle to catch a breath against the violent sprays. The surf was icy cold amidst the jungle humidity, heat draining away and sending a shock through your system. You kick a stray boulder which almost sends you reeling in pain, if not for the desperate situation ahead: you’re able to get a fix on Rookidee, now inches from the brink with Empoleon well out of rescue range. It was an impossible situation, but in the face of defeat the fledgling was unwilling to surrender... In the nick of time, Rookidee’s plumage flickers iridescently against the cascade mist, his tail and dorsal feathers extending and creating just enough lift to break their descent. Falling into a glide above the plunge pool’s surface, Rookidee’s metamorphic glow runs off to unveil his growth spurt; the Raven Pokémon had doubled in size, eyes a piercing red with matte black feathers accenting his wing-tips, ruff and talons. Now relatively unphased by the weight of the Araquanid, the Corvisquire channels its earlier fears into revenge, taking the foe on a Power Trip. Predator becomes prey as the arachnid struggles against the sharp pair of talons, preventing escape as the bird of prey skims across the water’s surface, making sure to fling the Araquanid against every jutted rock along the way. After several hard knocks the pair disconnect, the foe diving below the turbulent depths. Corvisquire scans the surface from above, his sharp eyesight not enough to penetrate the foamy surf, leaving him open to attack from all directions. What will you do?

Last edited by Emp; 07-04-2020 at 05:38 AM.
Old 07-04-2020, 04:04 AM   #356
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

empoleon dynamite- Ty's offer was surprising and also one you couldn't refuse. You needed the work and he must have been feeling generous, that or he was just trying to stop you from causing more trouble....

"Good to hear, we're off at the crack of dawn, meet me out front", Ty instructs before he turns back to the barkeep. "This one'll need a room for the night, I'm sure that won't be an issue?" The barkeep simply grunts, walking out from behind the bar he prepares to lead you upstairs to a room where you can spend the night. "Remember youngin, crack of dawn or I'll leave without you." Ty and his Tyranitar leave as you follow the barkeep up to your room.

It's not exactly a large room, the single cot has barely any padding in it and is barely long enough for you to stretch out. Beggars couldn't be choosers though, a free room was a free room. After a long period of uncomfortable restlessness, you manage to slip into sleep.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You wake as the first trickle of light strikes the dust clad windows. Spring from the uncomfortable cot, you stretch your aching back before rushing downstairs. You stumble out the door just as Tyrone pulls up. The elderly hunter sits at the front of a large cart, his hulking Tyranitar lounges in the back, a small amount of supplies tucked around it. Pulling the cart is Hippowdon, the large Ground type would have no trouble pulling even the heaviest load across the wasteland. "Good, you're up. Get in, we need to get a move on."

Old 07-04-2020, 08:01 PM   #357
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Leniazom Banks

TheKnightsFury: The upstream battle was more than living up to the notes in your field guide. Rookidee was displaying success in upping his stats but was still falling short of closing any power gap. You strain against the spray of waterfall as your eyes follow the jet of bubbles skyward, wincing as they wipe out Rookidee’s decoys in one fell swoop! Buffeted in equal measure, the fledgling waits on your command as its confidence and flight both begin to falter. It was time for another evasive pattern, Rookidee breaking into combustion as he zipped around the Araquanid web, picking up momentum as he Charged in for a tackle – Flames hissing against the foe’s Water Bubble. The hit only seems to annoy the spider as its prey swoops back out of reach, narrowly avoiding its attempt to down him with a full-force Liquidation.

While Rookidee literally Worked Up the araquanid looked just as riled, moreso, as it leaned its weight against the elasticity of its webbing and sprung into a Lunge! Still getting psyched up, the Tiny Bird Pokemon is given no warning as the foe closes distance in the blink of an eye. Time seems to slow down as the arachnid wraps its arms around Rookidee, his weight more than enough to knock the fledgling out of flight. The predator and prey spiral as they begin to lose altitude, Rookidee flailing with all his might in efforts to wrestle free. The Araquanid doubles down, the Bug’s menacing incisors latching down, Biting through feather and flesh. What’s left of the web splits apart under their combined weight, nothing keeping them from nosediving into the rocky minefield below. The cascade crashes violently against the stony outcrops, promising to take care of the bird if the impact didn’t. Empoleon squawks as he jets forward, the sudden velocity enough to throw you off his back as he efforts to intercept the fall an impossible distance away.

Your ears fill with the hum of crashing water. Bubbles run from your nostrils and mouth as you fight for air, splashing against the undertow as you struggle to catch a breath against the violent sprays. The surf was icy cold amidst the jungle humidity, heat draining away and sending a shock through your system. You kick a stray boulder which almost sends you reeling in pain, if not for the desperate situation ahead: you’re able to get a fix on Rookidee, now inches from the brink with Empoleon well out of rescue range. It was an impossible situation, but in the face of defeat the fledgling was unwilling to surrender... In the nick of time, Rookidee’s plumage flickers iridescently against the cascade mist, his tail and dorsal feathers extending and creating just enough lift to break their descent. Falling into a glide above the plunge pool’s surface, Rookidee’s metamorphic glow runs off to unveil his growth spurt; the Raven Pokémon had doubled in size, eyes a piercing red with matte black feathers accenting his wing-tips, ruff and talons. Now relatively unphased by the weight of the Araquanid, the Corvisquire channels its earlier fears into revenge, taking the foe on a Power Trip. Predator becomes prey as the arachnid struggles against the sharp pair of talons, preventing escape as the bird of prey skims across the water’s surface, making sure to fling the Araquanid against every jutted rock along the way. After several hard knocks the pair disconnect, the foe diving below the turbulent depths. Corvisquire scans the surface from above, his sharp eyesight not enough to penetrate the foamy surf, leaving him open to attack from all directions. What will you do?
Xander's heart almost burst from his chest as he watched Araquanid and Rookidee plummet towards the sharp stones at the base of the waterfall. Empoleon surged forward in an attempt to save the falling bird, only for Xander to slip from its back, splashing into the icy cold water.

Xander flailed with panic for a moment before calming himself. He focused on Rookidee once more, just in time to see the young bird save itself. Plumage glowing, the Galarian Pokemon evolves! The newly evolved Corvisquire flexes its new found strength, turning the tables on Araquanid. Stronger wings allow it to bear the weight of the water spider, dragging it along on its power trip. After slamming the former predator into a number of stones, Corvisquire releases its hold, dropping it into the water.

Empoleon, no longer fearing Rookidee's demise, Aqua Jets back to scoop Xander up, wary of what could be lurking in the water, other than Araquanid. Corvisquire scanned the water, even with his great vision, he couldn't see where Araquanid was hiding. Wary of a counter attack, Corvisquire immediately spread out with a Double Team. Once the Araquanid revealed its position, he'd smack it with an Air Slash to freeze him up, before using the rocks of the waterfall to bring a Rock Slide down on it!

Xander watched as he saw Corvisquire take control of the situation. Empoleon was closing in fast, hopefully the penguin would get him out of the water before anything decided that he'd make an easy meal!

Rookidee evolved into Corvisquire!

Old 07-05-2020, 06:10 AM   #358
Emp
Volcano Badge

Yanmega Arboreal Cradle - o9

Leniazom Banks

TheKnightsFury: With the turbulent skirmish approaching its climax, the scales were tipping back in your favour and not a moment too soon. Corvisquire’s new and improved form had given him a fighting chance, if only he could snuff out his hidden foe. The battleground foamed and frothed giving no sign of Araquanid’s whereabouts; all it would take is one well-timed strike to knock the Raven Pokémon out of the sky and into its underwater domain. While you battled the choppy waters below you leave the Corvisquire to his own devices, relying on his newfound cunning as he sets a plan into motion.

With no telling where his foe will surface, evasive action was required as the Corvisquire Doubled, quadrupled, then octupled. A few suspenseful moments pass until the water starts to swell and the Araquanid emerges with a splash, vaulting for the nearest decoy with its claws and fangs Liquidated. With the opponent drawn out the adolescent avian has a clear shot, Slashing its wings to propel a razorblade of Air into the foe mid-leap! You cover your ears as the Araquanid shrieks, body and limbs visibly lacerated as it crashes back into the water in a foamy eruption. Corvisquire looks to the surroundings for his finisher, clawing and heaving the Rocks outcropping from the waterfall and deploying them onto the enemy’s position. Sliding enough boulders until the Araquanid was buried, he returns to your side with a victorious chirp. Corvisquire gained 3 levels!

You’d managed to catch the tail end of the fighting on the back of Empoleon, who had Jetted to your position to lift you out of harm’s way. Not only had the Corvisquire outsmarted a stronger and more menacing opponent, he’d done much of it without command. But now wasn’t the time to celebrate, you still had a stretch of river to traverse and a mission person to find at the end of it. Out of danger the three of you return to your reconnaissance, but not before prizing a piece of the Araquanid's Sticky Web; the tactile thread felt strong as cable and may come in handy for the dangers which lay ahead. Disembarking, there was just one more thing in your way, cascading white and powerful with a deafening roar. How will you proceed?

* Sticky Web - An item which can be thrown onto an opponent or the field to hinder speed, effectively working like the move. The web will disintegrate after this adventure and cannot used outside of this zone.

Last edited by Emp; 07-05-2020 at 06:37 AM.
Old 07-05-2020, 05:34 PM   #359
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Leniazom Banks

TheKnightsFury: With the turbulent skirmish approaching its climax, the scales were tipping back in your favour and not a moment too soon. Corvisquire’s new and improved form had given him a fighting chance, if only he could snuff out his hidden foe. The battleground foamed and frothed giving no sign of Araquanid’s whereabouts; all it would take is one well-timed strike to knock the Raven Pokémon out of the sky and into its underwater domain. While you battled the choppy waters below you leave the Corvisquire to his own devices, relying on his newfound cunning as he sets a plan into motion.

With no telling where his foe will surface, evasive action was required as the Corvisquire Doubled, quadrupled, then octupled. A few suspenseful moments pass until the water starts to swell and the Araquanid emerges with a splash, vaulting for the nearest decoy with its claws and fangs Liquidated. With the opponent drawn out the adolescent avian has a clear shot, Slashing its wings to propel a razorblade of Air into the foe mid-leap! You cover your ears as the Araquanid shrieks, body and limbs visibly lacerated as it crashes back into the water in a foamy eruption. Corvisquire looks to the surroundings for his finisher, clawing and heaving the Rocks outcropping from the waterfall and deploying them onto the enemy’s position. Sliding enough boulders until the Araquanid was buried, he returns to your side with a victorious chirp. Corvisquire gained 3 levels!

You’d managed to catch the tail end of the fighting on the back of Empoleon, who had Jetted to your position to lift you out of harm’s way. Not only had the Corvisquire outsmarted a stronger and more menacing opponent, he’d done much of it without command. But now wasn’t the time to celebrate, you still had a stretch of river to traverse and a mission person to find at the end of it. Out of danger the three of you return to your reconnaissance, but not before prizing a piece of the Araquanid's Sticky Web; the tactile thread felt strong as cable and may come in handy for the dangers which lay ahead. Disembarking, there was just one more thing in your way, cascading white and powerful with a deafening roar. How will you proceed?

* Sticky Web - An item which can be thrown onto an opponent or the field to hinder speed, effectively working like the move. The web will disintegrate after this adventure and cannot used outside of this zone.

Safely back on Empoleon's back and out of reach of the river's hostile inhabitants, Xander watched as Corvisquire took control of the battle. The Double team worked perfectly, drawing the Araquanid out of hiding and giving Corvisquire a clear shot. The Air Slash left the Bug squirming in pain, but Corvisquire didn't relent, instead it turned its attention to the rocks of the waterfall. Finding a weak spot in the rocks, he managed to pry enough loose to bring a Rock Slide down on Araquanid, finishing the job.

Corvisquire gained 3 levels!

"Excellent work Corvisquire!" Xander shouted out as the bird swooped back towards him. "Roost on my shoulder for a bit buddy, you were absolutely amazing!" Empoleon drifted in closer to the remains of Araquanid's web. It was incredibly strong and tactile, Xander realised that it might be useful down the track if they needed to subdue something. He gathered a large section of the destroyed web, carefully folding it before putting it into his bag. With that threat taken care of, they just needed to get up this waterfall. Thankfully, Empoleon had just the move to do so. "Alright Empoleon, you're going to need to use Waterfall to get us up there." Xander laid down on Empoleon's back, firmly grasping its collar. Things were about to get vertical. They hadn't found any signs of the missing hunters yet, Xander had hoped they'd have something to go off by now. That said, the hunters would have been found by now if it was going to be easy. He had to stick with it. "Let's go Empoleon!"

Old 07-11-2020, 10:00 PM   #360
Emp
Volcano Badge

Quote:
empoleon dynamite- Ty's offer was surprising and also one you couldn't refuse. You needed the work and he must have been feeling generous, that or he was just trying to stop you from causing more trouble....

"Good to hear, we're off at the crack of dawn, meet me out front", Ty instructs before he turns back to the barkeep. "This one'll need a room for the night, I'm sure that won't be an issue?" The barkeep simply grunts, walking out from behind the bar he prepares to lead you upstairs to a room where you can spend the night. "Remember youngin, crack of dawn or I'll leave without you." Ty and his Tyranitar leave as you follow the barkeep up to your room.

It's not exactly a large room, the single cot has barely any padding in it and is barely long enough for you to stretch out. Beggars couldn't be choosers though, a free room was a free room. After a long period of uncomfortable restlessness, you manage to slip into sleep.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You wake as the first trickle of light strikes the dust clad windows. Spring from the uncomfortable cot, you stretch your aching back before rushing downstairs. You stumble out the door just as Tyrone pulls up. The elderly hunter sits at the front of a large cart, his hulking Tyranitar lounges in the back, a small amount of supplies tucked around it. Pulling the cart is Hippowdon, the large Ground type would have no trouble pulling even the heaviest load across the wasteland. "Good, you're up. Get in, we need to get a move on."
Through some twist of fate Emp had landed himself in an fortuitous position. He’d have enough coin to eat well for the next few weeks and more on the way, if he played his cards right. With a final word of warning Ty departed: "Remember youngin, crack of dawn or I'll leave without you." As the saloon doors slammed the prospect of oversleeping didn’t sit well with the traveller, Emp taking one final fleeting look at what was left of the bar before following the barkeep up to his quarters for the night. It was a modest room to put it lightly, a single cot that he’d need to curl up in just to fit. It would beat another night sleeping rough though – and wouldn’t cost a penny. Emp retired to bed shortly thereafter, his adrenaline eventually subsiding as the whiskey in his system lulled him into a deep sleep.

Emp groaned in protest as the first bars of morning light filtered through the dust clad windows, the dingey quarters looking decidedly better under the cover of night. The traveller’s head was pounding as the events of the night rushed back to him all at once. With the flashes of yesterday came the realisation there wasn’t a moment to waste – stumbling to his feet with an ache, pulling on a fresh change of clothes and ambling down the stairs. He ordered a tall glass of water as he made for the door, the drink spilling down his shirt as he rushed to cure his dehydration before the toiling day ahead. Still feeling weary, he reached for the Nest Ball strapped to his belt. With a flash of light, a towering, tangled mound of vines appeared before him with a dull but pleasant grumble.

“Mojumbo, we have a big day of labouring ahead, but I could really use a hangover stimulant before we go”, Emp’s voice was full of sleep, the Tangrowth chortling before rustling into his tangled body and prizing a Worry Seed. A light dosage would be enough to revitalise the trainer, without considerably raising his anxiety levels. Emp took a heavy gulp, washing it down with the last of his water and making for the exit, Mojumbo ambling in tow. He had to strain against the dawn light, the morning chill rapidly giving way to the sticky badland heat. Tyrone pulled up shortly thereafter, sat in a cart with his mighty Tyranitar and a stock of provisions. Towing the cart was a Hippowdon, perhaps one of the few beasts that could carry the burden of their troop with little to no protest. Ty indicated the pair to climb aboard, Emp making room for himself among the various supplies. The traveller made room next to him so the Tangrowth could enjoy the ride too: “I hope you don’t mind Mojumbo tagging along, he’s one of my most reliable teammates – with a strong pair of arms on his shoulders”.

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Last edited by Emp; 07-12-2020 at 12:32 AM.
Old 07-11-2020, 11:43 PM   #361
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Emp- You're mind much less clouded after your makeshift hangover cure, you climb up into the cart. Shuffling around past Tyranitar, you find there is plenty of room up front next to Ty, leaving Mojumbo to tangle itself into the remaining space between Tyranitar and the supplies. As soon as you're comfortable, Ty urges Hippowdon forward with a flick of his wrists, the reins gently slapping across the sand hippo's rear. You steady yourself as the Ground type jolts forward, thankfully once it gets moving, the ride is actually quite smooth.

You sit in silence for quite some time, Ty doesn't seem to be much of a talker. Eventually he breaks the silence though, feeling somewhat obligated to make the journey less uncomfortable. "Things are changing around here kid", Ty groans before taking a long, drawn out pause. "I was one of the first 'outsiders', they allowed into this place, got hired as protection for the first research team they sent in. Back then the Cradle was safe, but it didn't take long for people to start trying to exploit it. Researchers behaving recklessly trying to beat out competitors, big business trying to harvest the natural resources and the god damn poachers trying to get their grubby hands on anything that moved. A few of us realised that the Cradle needed protection, that's why we formed the Hunters Guild. A completely impartial organisation, with the sole goal of trying to protect the Cradle and minimise the destruction. I like to tell myself that its been a success, but lately....." As Ty trails off, you notice some Pokemon circling in the sky up above. Were they Mandibuzz? It was hard to be certain from this distance, but it certainly looked like Mandibuzz. Known scavengers, they were likely circling some injured or vulnerable Pokemon, waiting for an opportune moment to descend and claim their prize.

Old 07-12-2020, 07:44 AM   #362
Emp
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Emp- You're mind much less clouded after your makeshift hangover cure, you climb up into the cart. Shuffling around past Tyranitar, you find there is plenty of room up front next to Ty, leaving Mojumbo to tangle itself into the remaining space between Tyranitar and the supplies. As soon as you're comfortable, Ty urges Hippowdon forward with a flick of his wrists, the reins gently slapping across the sand hippo's rear. You steady yourself as the Ground type jolts forward, thankfully once it gets moving, the ride is actually quite smooth.

You sit in silence for quite some time, Ty doesn't seem to be much of a talker. Eventually he breaks the silence though, feeling somewhat obligated to make the journey less uncomfortable. "Things are changing around here kid", Ty groans before taking a long, drawn out pause. "I was one of the first 'outsiders', they allowed into this place, got hired as protection for the first research team they sent in. Back then the Cradle was safe, but it didn't take long for people to start trying to exploit it. Researchers behaving recklessly trying to beat out competitors, big business trying to harvest the natural resources and the god damn poachers trying to get their grubby hands on anything that moved. A few of us realised that the Cradle needed protection, that's why we formed the Hunters Guild. A completely impartial organisation, with the sole goal of trying to protect the Cradle and minimise the destruction. I like to tell myself that its been a success, but lately....." As Ty trails off, you notice some Pokemon circling in the sky up above. Were they Mandibuzz? It was hard to be certain from this distance, but it certainly looked like Mandibuzz. Known scavengers, they were likely circling some injured or vulnerable Pokemon, waiting for an opportune moment to descend and claim their prize.
With a gentle whip they were off, into the great frontier. Emp felt a flutter of excitement as the wheels of the cart creaked into motion, but as time passed by so would this premature enthusiasm. Ty wasn’t the conversational sort by any means, his stony disposition enough to ward off any attempt at idle chit chat on Emp’s part. This was fine enough, the traveller used to keeping his own company for days at a time and happy enough to soak up the scenery and while the morning away. Ty must have clocked on to Emp’s hesitation, breaking the silence to debrief him on all the goings on in the Cradle and the Guild’s role in it. Emp noticed a change in Ty’s tone, as though he seemed at odds with the activity of his party of late. The trainer mused on this for a moment; it did seem like an enormous undertaking to protect such a vast and fragile biome from outsider greed now the floodgates were open, impossible even. Could the strain of such a mission be putting too much pressure on these wardens of the land? Before he could press further a movement in the horizon broke his reverie.

“Scavengers…” Emp had to squint to verify it wasn’t a trick of the desert. It was a black smudge from this distance, but almost certainly a flock of Mandibuzz based on the rhythmic circling, some near-dead prey no doubt underfoot. Emp looked back to Ty who was oblivious, internal conflict suddenly coming into play: Ty could very possibly find the suggestion they intervene amusing, or at worst offensive. This was what life in the desert was like after all, cruel and unforgiving. Who were they to interfere in the circle of life?

No. That didn’t sit well with Emp. There could very well be another living, breathing creature on that horizon in desperate need of rescue. For all they knew it could be an endangered or threatened species, they had to save the sorry soul – or at least try. “Ty!” He interrupted, “I think I see Mandibuzz in the distance. Do you think we could check it out?” Mojumbo grumbled affirmatively, he seemed more confident than Emp with the decision at least.

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Old 07-12-2020, 09:30 AM   #363
Emp
Volcano Badge

Yanmega Arboreal Cradle - Update 1o

Leniazom Banks

TheKnightsFury: Defeating one of the river’s meanest residents on its home turf was a feat worth celebrating, but you still had immeasurable ground to cover. It was drawing past midday and you hadn’t found a single trace as to the missing Hunter’s whereabouts. If you reached nightfall without a lead you’d need to make camp, losing even more precious time. With a growing sense of urgency you press on, Corvisquire coming to roost on your shoulder as Empoleon kicked into a swim as he closed in on the towering cascade ahead. Its roar becomes deafening as its white spray forces you to close your eyes. Closer still you drew until you were in the plume of water vapour itself, wetter than any rainstorm you had ever been caught in. But not wet enough to dampen your spirits; with a jet the Emperor Pokemon propels up the sheet of crashing Waterfall like it is horizontal, your grip tightening to almost a chokehold until you’re safely past its summit. Able to open your eyes again you notice the river is more rapid from here on, the cascade your party had overcome likely one of many as the surrounding terrain became increasingly mountainous.

Time rolls by as Empoleon cuts his way through the rapid white waters, not before long saved of any further fatigue as a scene out of the ordinary pans into view: The bank to the west looked like a bombsite, trees uprooted and pockmarked with craters. You come into port to give the scene a closer inspection, the destruction appearing to be weeks old at least, the snapped tree trunks’ scars already showing signs of healing and fresh vegetation attempting to reclaim the cratered land. And there were footprints! Too big to belong to Ammorith, although perhaps his soft-footed steps had been washed away by now. These prints looked like they belonged to something heavier, and there were at least two different sets. It must have been a fierce altercation, but as you follow the tracks toward a forced clearing into the jungle you notice the prints begin to branch out in different directions. You could be reading too much into this if you proceed, wild Pokemon scuffled for territory all the time. But it was the best lead you’d had all day. Which trail will you follow?

Last edited by Emp; 07-12-2020 at 10:01 AM.
Old 07-12-2020, 09:51 PM   #364
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Leniazom Banks

TheKnightsFury: Defeating one of the river’s meanest residents on its home turf was a feat worth celebrating, but you still had immeasurable ground to cover. It was drawing past midday and you hadn’t found a single trace as to the missing Hunter’s whereabouts. If you reached nightfall without a lead you’d need to make camp, losing even more precious time. With a growing sense of urgency you press on, Corvisquire coming to roost on your shoulder as Empoleon kicked into a swim as he closed in on the towering cascade ahead. Its roar becomes deafening as its white spray forces you to close your eyes. Closer still you drew until you were in the plume of water vapour itself, wetter than any rainstorm you had ever been caught in. But not wet enough to dampen your spirits; with a jet the Emperor Pokemon propels up the sheet of crashing Waterfall like it is horizontal, your grip tightening to almost a chokehold until you’re safely past its summit. Able to open your eyes again you notice the river is more rapid from here on, the cascade your party had overcome likely one of many as the surrounding terrain became increasingly mountainous.

Time rolls by as Empoleon cuts his way through the rapid white waters, not before long saved of any further fatigue as a scene out of the ordinary pans into view: The bank to the west looked like a bombsite, trees uprooted and pockmarked with craters. You come into port to give the scene a closer inspection, the destruction appearing to be weeks old at least, the snapped tree trunks’ scars already showing signs of healing and fresh vegetation attempting to reclaim the cratered land. And there were footprints! Too big to belong to Ammorith, although perhaps his soft-footed steps had been washed away by now. These prints looked like they belonged to something heavier, and there were at least two different sets. It must have been a fierce altercation, but as you follow the tracks toward a forced clearing into the jungle you notice the prints begin to branch out in different directions. You could be reading too much into this if you proceed, wild Pokemon scuffled for territory all the time. But it was the best lead you’d had all day. Which trail will you follow?

Xander braced as they climbed the Waterfall, this wouldn't be a good time to fall off again. He almost breathed a sigh of relief when they reached the top, but then he saw what was ahead of them. The water was rough and turbulent, this would be a greater battle than the one they'd just had with the Araquanid. He didn't say that out loud, he knew Corvisquire would probably tear his ear off....

Empoleon charged valiantly through the rapids, it wasn't an easy task. Eventually the river settled and they came upon a staggering scene. A large portion of the forest had been torn asunder. It was as if some massive battle had taken place here. Empoleon pulled up at the shore and they disembarked to check out the scene. Trees were uprooted and cut in twain, large pockets were left in the earth, craters from some sort of explosion? Whatever happened here, it must have been epic! It must have happen some time ago though, as there were signs of regrowth. Corvisquire let out a squawk, the keen eyed corvid spotting tracks left in the soft earth. Xander eagerly inspected the tracks, quickly realising that there were two distinct types, neither of which were human. "Damn", Xander cursed, "no sign of Ammorith's tracks, or those of the other hunters." Xander paused for a moment, remembering what he'd read about Ammorith. "Wait! Ammorith's partner is an Armaldo right? I wonder if either of these are Armaldo tracks?" Xander whipped out his Pokedex, quickly pulling up the entry on Armaldo. Sure enough, the weird looking set of prints looked exactly liked the Armaldo tracks logged in the dex! "We've got a lead boys!" Xander was keen to follow the Armaldo tracks, but part of him felt bad about the destroyed portion of the forest. Sure, it would recover in time, but perhaps they could help it along?

"Bulbasaur, we need you", Xander selected a ball from his belt, tossing it out to release the Kantonian Grass Starter. The bright eyed Bulbasaur looked around at the destruction, well aware of what her trainer must have called on her for. "Bulbasaur, hang here with Empoleon for a moment while Corvisquire and myself start following these Armaldo tracks. Set up a Sunny Day and a Grassy Terrain to give this place a bit of a boost. We'll wait for you at the edge the forest." Xander wanted to become a member of the Hunters Guild and it was their job to protect the Cradle. Restoring the destruction seemed like a good step towards helping.

Old 07-13-2020, 01:14 AM   #365
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Emp- Upon spotting the Mandibuzz circling in the distance, you find yourself in two minds. The thought of something being in pain and suffering made you want to rush to the rescue, but on the other hand, was it your place to intervene? There could be no life without death, interrupting the natural processes of the Cradle might not be the best thing to do. You wonder how Ty would react? Would the old hunter be cold hearted and blow your request to help off? Eventually your desire to do good forces you to point the Mandibuzz out to Ty.

"Eh good eyes youngin", Ty praises. "Scavengers like Mandibuzz are not an uncommon sight out here, that's for sure. Normally they pick off the weak or old, its the part they plan in the ecosystem. That said, I've also seen them following poachers, waiting for an easy meal. Some poachers even set traps which tend to attract the scavengers like Mandibuzz. That means I better do my job and check it out, but I'm afraid if there's no poacher involvement, I'm going to have to ask you to let nature take its course." The old hunters request was tough but fair. Ty tugs on the reins, directing Hippowdon towards the Mandibuzz.

Hippowdon comes to a halt at the top of a sand dune. From your vantage point its easy to assess the situation. A small Pokemon struggles, a snare wrapped around its neck. Three Mandibuzz take turns swooping in to gouge at the defenceless Pokemon's back. "Bloody poachers, I don't know why they bother with traps, half the time their catches get snatched up before they can claim them anyways. Well youngin, you better get down there and help out." Ty doesn't look like he's moving, guess he was expecting you to resolve this by yourself.

Old 07-13-2020, 01:51 AM   #366
Emp
Volcano Badge

Yanmega Arboreal Cradle - 11

Lythan'Torr Glades

TheKnightsFury: You had come to a fork in the road, but with some clever deduction determine that one of the footprints belonged to an Armaldo. While the Cradle was known to harbour all sorts of creatures presumed extinct, it seemed unlikely the prehistoric Pokemon would have found its way here through sheer coincidence. It had to be Ammorith’s – and the road to Armaldo would lead to the missing Hunter himself. With renewed enthusiasm you begin tracking, but not before undoing some of the damage done to the injured landscape; with a flick of your wrist Bulbasaur joins the fray. The Seed Pokemon eagerly accepts your command and gets to work at restoring the landscape, imbuing the grazed earth with Grassy Terrain and aiding its photosynthesis with a Sunny Day.

Soon enough you were back on the move, following the forest clearing Armaldo had ploughed open weeks or perhaps months ago. The jungle folds around your troop as though taking possession of you. Towering trees slant over the land, sun breaching through any miniature hole it can to illuminate the green foreground as your eyes darted from one footprint to the next. The jungle would become increasingly dense and uneven as you pressed on, the undergrowth almost suffocating as the air hung heavy and humid. Panic would start to hit as the footprints became fewer and far between, the trail starting to die out. The rainforest cacophony would only exacerbate the problem, all sorts of birdcalls echoing above while bug Pokemon scuttled and chattered underfoot. Then came a loud rustle from behind, followed by a voice.

“I’m surprised you made it this far, young'n,” the deep register was one you recognised, “Hunters older and more experienced than you have died alone in these parts.” Breaking through the thickets with a swoop of her machete was Lilev, the veteran Hunter who had snubbed you a mere day ago.

“You’re probably wonderin’ how I tracked you here. Orma is smart as a whip but you can read that girl like a book. I only had to go to the aviary to see one of the Leniazom flock was missin’ and know you were on Ammorith’s tail. You left a pretty easy trail to follow from there, if only I could say the same for Ammorith…” with that she starts to shuffle around where the trail had gone dead, identifying some broken branches in the underbrush that had evaded your vision.

She turns back to you, “While there’s nothing stopping you explorin’ these jungles alone, I couldn’t forgive myself if anything had happened. What I mean to say is, I didn’t come here to reprimand you or anything.” While her stony face was still an enigma, there was a look of remorse in her dull grey eyes.

“I was wrong to dismiss you earlier. Truth be told kid, I’d read Ammorith’s logs from your encounter. And I was impressed by your work. But with all the strange goings on I’m not sure who to trust any more, in or out of the Guild. But here you are, willing to risk your own life while many of our remaining camp are too yellow belly to even answer our distress calls. I guess what I’m saying is, I’m sorry.” Receiving such a heartfelt apology from such a tough character catches you off guard, eliciting a long, awkward pause before the veteran turns her attention back to the trail, pondering over where the Almaldo might have ventured next.

“So here we find ourselves on a promisin’ trail. Perhaps we could work together to find Ammorith, I’ll even teach you some lessons in tracking as we go, what do you say?”

Last edited by Emp; 07-13-2020 at 02:09 AM.
Old 07-13-2020, 02:36 AM   #367
Emp
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Emp- Upon spotting the Mandibuzz circling in the distance, you find yourself in two minds. The thought of something being in pain and suffering made you want to rush to the rescue, but on the other hand, was it your place to intervene? There could be no life without death, interrupting the natural processes of the Cradle might not be the best thing to do. You wonder how Ty would react? Would the old hunter be cold hearted and blow your request to help off? Eventually your desire to do good forces you to point the Mandibuzz out to Ty.

"Eh good eyes youngin", Ty praises. "Scavengers like Mandibuzz are not an uncommon sight out here, that's for sure. Normally they pick off the weak or old, its the part they plan in the ecosystem. That said, I've also seen them following poachers, waiting for an easy meal. Some poachers even set traps which tend to attract the scavengers like Mandibuzz. That means I better do my job and check it out, but I'm afraid if there's no poacher involvement, I'm going to have to ask you to let nature take its course." The old hunters request was tough but fair. Ty tugs on the reins, directing Hippowdon towards the Mandibuzz.

Hippowdon comes to a halt at the top of a sand dune. From your vantage point its easy to assess the situation. A small Pokemon struggles, a snare wrapped around its neck. Three Mandibuzz take turns swooping in to gouge at the defenceless Pokemon's back. "Bloody poachers, I don't know why they bother with traps, half the time their catches get snatched up before they can claim them anyways. Well youngin, you better get down there and help out." Ty doesn't look like he's moving, guess he was expecting you to resolve this by yourself.
Emp felt a pang of relief as the party made a heading for the circling scavengers, they would at least take a closer look and assess whether intervention was the right course. While the cart pressed closer Ty would educate Emp on their ongoing battle with resident poachers, the trainer’s fists clenching at the very idea of such atrocities; how anyone could be so inhumane was hard to rack his head around, although coming from a position of privilege perhaps he wasn’t really considering the desperate acts humans are capable of when trying to get out of poverty. Wrestling with these ideas as he learned more and more about the Cradle’s trials and tribulations was fascinating, while Ty wasn’t much of a talker he more than made up for it in what he did say. Soon enough they had reached the cliff edge of the sand dune, the Hippowdon parking giving its passengers a chance to check out the commotion below. From this vantage Emp could work out what was going on; three ravenous Mandibuzz were caught in a dance around the dune with a small, snared Pokemon trapped in its epicentre. The scavengers were onto the scent of death, taking turns to swoop in and gouge the defenceless prey, teetering closer and closer to the brink with each hit. With Ty’s go-ahead, the trainer sprung into action, confident he could pull off the rescue singlehandedly, or at least try.

“Tangrowth I want you to pose a distraction with your Rage Powder, I’ll rush down there and see if I can recover the snared Pokemon. If they start to get aggressive I want you to fend them off with a Shockwave.”

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Last edited by Emp; 07-13-2020 at 03:18 AM.
Old 07-13-2020, 02:43 AM   #368
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Lythan'Torr Glades

TheKnightsFury: You had come to a fork in the road, but with some clever deduction determine that one of the footprints belonged to an Armaldo. While the Cradle was known to harbour all sorts of creatures presumed extinct, it seemed unlikely the prehistoric Pokemon would have found its way here through sheer coincidence. It had to be Ammorith’s – and the road to Armaldo would lead to the missing Hunter himself. With renewed enthusiasm you begin tracking, but not before undoing some of the damage done to the injured landscape; with a flick of your wrist Bulbasaur joins the fray. The Seed Pokemon eagerly accepts your command and gets to work at restoring the landscape, imbuing the grazed earth with Grassy Terrain and aiding its photosynthesis with a Sunny Day.

Soon enough you were back on the move, following the forest clearing Armaldo had ploughed open weeks or perhaps months ago. The jungle folds around your troop as though taking possession of you. Towering trees slant over the land, sun breaching through any miniature hole it can to illuminate the green foreground as your eyes darted from one footprint to the next. The jungle would become increasingly dense and uneven as you pressed on, the undergrowth almost suffocating as the air hung heavy and humid. Panic would start to hit as the footprints became fewer and far between, the trail starting to die out. The rainforest cacophony would only exacerbate the problem, all sorts of birdcalls echoing above while bug Pokemon scuttled and chattered underfoot. Then came a loud rustle from behind, followed by a voice.

“I’m surprised you made it this far, young'n,” the deep register was one you recognised, “Hunters older and more experienced than you have died alone in these parts.” Breaking through the thickets with a swoop of her machete was Lilev, the veteran Hunter who had snubbed you a mere day ago.

“You’re probably wonderin’ how I tracked you here. Orma is smart as a whip but you can read that girl like a book. I only had to go to the aviary to see one of the Leniazom flock was missin’ and know you were on Ammorith’s tail. You left a pretty easy trail to follow from there, if only I could say the same for Ammorith…” with that she starts to shuffle around where the trail had gone dead, identifying some broken branches in the underbrush that had evaded your vision.

She turns back to you, “While there’s nothing stopping you explorin’ these jungles alone, I couldn’t forgive myself if anything had happened. What I mean to say is, I didn’t come here to reprimand you or anything.” While her stony face was still an enigma, there was a look of remorse in her dull grey eyes.

“I was wrong to dismiss you earlier. Truth be told kid, I’d read Ammorith’s logs from your encounter. And I was impressed by your work. But with all the strange goings on I’m not sure who to trust any more, in or out of the Guild. But here you are, willing to risk your own life while many of our remaining camp are too yellow belly to even answer our distress calls. I guess what I’m saying is, I’m sorry.” Receiving such a heartfelt apology from such a tough character catches you off guard, eliciting a long, awkward pause before the veteran turns her attention back to the trail, pondering over where the Almaldo might have ventured next.

“So here we find ourselves on a promisin’ trail. Perhaps we could work together to find Ammorith, I’ll even teach you some lessons in tracking as we go, what do you say?”
Bulbasaur had done all she could to help stimulate the recovery of the ravaged area. It was a commendable effort and Xander knew she'd be proud of her work and eager to strengthen these abilities down the track. For now though, they had to forge on. They'd finally had a trail to follow and Xander was eager to pursue it. His eagerness was met with resistance though. While the trail started off fairly clear, thanks to what he assumed was Armaldo clearing the way, it soon got rougher. The thick vegetation was providing a lot of resistance and the tracks were getting fewer and far between. Xander would go into fits of panic after not finding another track nearby, only to find one a few yards ahead. Suddenly a voice spooked him from behind!

It was Lilev! The head huntress was brandishing a machete, for a moment Xander feared for his life, although Empoleon was more than ready to meet steel with steel. Corvisquire's feathers ruffled as he let out an unsatisfied squawk. To Xander's surprise, Lilev was apologetic, not something that he thought the uncompromising woman he'd met was capable of. She even offered to work with him from here, teaching him how to track in the process. Xander had to admit that the offer was one that he really couldn't refuse. "Think nothing of it, you were just doing what you thought was in the Guild's best interest. I'd appreciate the lessons, where do we go from here?" Their chances of success were certainly much higher if they worked together.

Old 07-13-2020, 03:51 AM   #369
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Emp- You couldn't get a clear look at the snared Pokemon from your current position, but with Ty's approval you were about to get a whole lot closer. You leap from a wagon, knees buckling as you feet sink into the loose sand. Mojumbo follows, the Tangrowth somewhat struggling as its heavy feet sink into the loose sand. You shout out orders as you stumble down the sand dune, the sand gathering in your mouth becoming increasingly unpleasant. After putting some distance between himself and the wagon, Mojumbo extends his arms, waving them around wildly like something you'd expect to see at a used car dealership. It works though, he draws the attention of the Mandibuzz, the arc through the air towards him, just as he releases his Rage Powder. The powder is carried on the gentle desert breeze, wafting straight towards the Mandibuzz. If they originally intended not to pursue Mojumbo, that was certainly not the case now as the chemicals fill them with rage and they hasten their flight towards the pile of vines.

Meanwhile, you've reached the bottom of the dune, only to have lost sight of the snared Pokemon! What?! Where could it have gone. As you get closer to the trap, you notice the cable is still moving, but whatever it was wrapped around was invisible! You catch sight of a spark, for a moment you pass it off as just sand getting in your eyes, but then another reveals the truth of the situation. Its camouflage failing due to fear and fatigue, the Helioptile comes into full view. The poor little lizard has red marks around its neck from where the snare has been rubbing. It's eyes are red, tears running down its face. It cowers as you get closer, electricity coursing through its body. It wouldn't be an easy task removing the snare without getting jolt for your troubles. Speaking of jolts, you turn back when you hear squawks of pain, Tangrowth pushing the Mandibuzz back with a super effective Shock Wave. The Mandibuzz, while usually quite flighty, seem determined to get at Majumbo. Whether its because of the Rage Powder or because they fancy their type advantage is uncertain, but Majumbo certainly has his vines full. Tyranitar is sitting up in the wagon, eagerly watching, but Ty looked comfortable sitting back and watching the conflict.

Old 07-13-2020, 07:02 AM   #370
Emp
Volcano Badge

Yanmega Arboreal Cradle - 12

Lythan'Torr Glades

TheKnightsFury: While your teammates met the sudden reappearance of Lilev with hostility, her’s was offer you couldn’t really refuse. Joining forces you would be doubling the strength of your search party and benefitting from the Hunter’s vast tracking experience to boot. No matter what mixed feelings you still harbored, working together was your best chance to uncover the strange goings on in the Cradle. Back on Armaldo’s trail with a look of concentration, Lilev ushers your camp to follow.

“One of the rules I beat into every rookie is to keep yer head up and look ahead for tracks, not directly down on the ground. This may seem counterintuitive but it really allows you to get a feeling for the movement of the Pokemon you’re following, provides a perspective of the possible routes of travel, allows you to maintain momentum, and if you’re tracking dangerous game, safe.” She waves her blade from the faint footprints afoot down toward the furthest reaches of the forest, pointing the way as she marched on, “Good hunters don’t track with their heads down.”

“Like I said, we’re looking for a route more than we are footprints. Pokemon tend to take the easiest route of travel across a landscape, just like you and I - unless they are being pursued. This results in the creation of these 'roadway systems' within the habitat.” On inspection you did note the route had a certain flow like it had been eroded over time, albeit still a challenge to traverse for the unfamiliar. Your eyes are able to follow the forest superhighway for a good thirty metres or so, picking out all sorts of interesting woodland creatures: a Pansage scampered down the path before clambering up the treetops and below in the underbrush a troop of Shroomish had taken stop to feed on the decaying leaves. Then came a Pokemon you didn’t recognise, small and green with a gelatinous body and a red gem adorned to its chest. It had one eye bigger than the other and no limbs to speak of, and yet it was wriggling faster than anything else in your peripheral. It was heading straight toward you!

Frantically squirming through your legs it was gone as quick as it came, but before you can catch a breath the leafy forest floor starts to rustle violently, a rope trap sprung by the sudden movement. The net was strong, widely cast and well camouflaged, able to swallow your entire company with ease. Your group scramble uncomfortably as the net scoops you up into a ball, leaving you dangling a startling distance from the ground. While your limbs are trapped you figure your Pokemon would have a better shot at manoeuvring, although any sudden or clumsy orders could cause the net to come crashing down. Lilev’s machete must have slipped from her grip during all the commotion too by the sound of things: “I’ll leave this to you kid, just be careful.”

Last edited by Emp; 07-13-2020 at 09:43 AM. Reason: a word
Old 07-13-2020, 07:03 PM   #371
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Lythan'Torr Glades

TheKnightsFury: While your teammates met the sudden reappearance of Lilev with hostility, her’s was offer you couldn’t really refuse. Joining forces you would be doubling the strength of your search party and benefitting from the Hunter’s vast tracking experience to boot. No matter what mixed feelings you still harbored, working together was your best chance to uncover the strange goings on in the Cradle. Back on Armaldo’s trail with a look of concentration, Lilev ushers your camp to follow.

“One of the rules I beat into every rookie is to keep yer head up and look ahead for tracks, not directly down on the ground. This may seem counterintuitive but it really allows you to get a feeling for the movement of the Pokemon you’re following, provides a perspective of the possible routes of travel, allows you to maintain momentum, and if you’re tracking dangerous game, safe.” She waves her blade from the faint footprints afoot down toward the furthest reaches of the forest, pointing the way as she marched on, “Good hunters don’t track with their heads down.”

“Like I said, we’re looking for a route more than we are footprints. Pokemon tend to take the easiest route of travel across a landscape, just like you and I - unless they are being pursued. This results in the creation of these 'roadway systems' within the habitat.” On inspection you did note the route had a certain flow like it had been eroded over time, albeit still a challenge to traverse for the unfamiliar. Your eyes are able to follow the forest superhighway for a good thirty metres or so, picking out all sorts of interesting woodland creatures: a Pansage scampered down the path before clambering up the treetops and below in the underbrush a troop of Shroomish had taken stop to feed on the decaying leaves. Then came a Pokemon you didn’t recognise, small and green with a gelatinous body and a red gem adorned to its chest. It had one eye bigger than the other and no limbs to speak of, and yet it was wriggling faster than anything else in your peripheral. It was heading straight toward you!

Frantically squirming through your legs it was gone as quick as it came, but before you can catch a breath the leafy forest floor starts to rustle violently, a rope trap sprung by the sudden movement. The net was strong, widely cast and well camouflaged, able to swallow your entire company with ease. Your group scramble uncomfortably as the net scoops you up into a ball, leaving you dangling a startling distance from the ground. While your limbs are trapped you figure your Pokemon would have a better shot at manoeuvring, although any sudden or clumsy orders could cause the net to come crashing down. Lilev’s machete must have slipped from her grip during all the commotion too by the sound of things: “I’ll leave this to you kid, just be careful.”

Xander kept his focus as Lilev instructed him on some tracking basics. He'd made a common rookie mistake, focusing too much at his feet and not the path ahead. Once Lilev explained it to him though, he picked it up in no time. There was so much going on that he would have missed if he was staring at his feet. Most curious was the strange green Pokemon that dashed straight towards them before slipping between his legs. What the hell was that thing? Whatever it was, it must have been a bad omen, because as soon as it passed, a trap was triggered. The net pulled the entire search party away from the ground, leaving them dangling almost 20 metres above the forest floor. Xander could barely move and Lilev had seemingly dropped her machete. Great. How were they meant to get out of this?!

Xander took a deep breath, he had to think rationally. If Empoleon cut the net apart, they'd all drop and potentially be injured. Corvisquire couldn't carry them all down, but if they could get the clever bird on the outside, they might just be able to pick the trap apart....

"Corvisquire, are you okay? I want you to carefully pick apart the net with Smart Strike, enough for you to get out. Once you're out, see if you can free Bulbasaur as well, careful not to break too much of the net, just enough to get each other out. I want you to then grab Bulbasaur and carry her over to a branch. You'll then need to find the rope that's supporting the net. Bulbasaur, once Corvisquire's found the rope, you need to wrap your Power Whip around it. Corvisquire you'll cut the rope with Air Slash and Bulbasaur will lower us down and once we're on the ground, Empoleon can cut us lose. You all understand?" It was a cautious and complicated plan, but everyone seems to be on board.

Old 07-13-2020, 07:43 PM   #372
Emp
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Emp- You couldn't get a clear look at the snared Pokemon from your current position, but with Ty's approval you were about to get a whole lot closer. You leap from a wagon, knees buckling as you feet sink into the loose sand. Mojumbo follows, the Tangrowth somewhat struggling as its heavy feet sink into the loose sand. You shout out orders as you stumble down the sand dune, the sand gathering in your mouth becoming increasingly unpleasant. After putting some distance between himself and the wagon, Mojumbo extends his arms, waving them around wildly like something you'd expect to see at a used car dealership. It works though, he draws the attention of the Mandibuzz, the arc through the air towards him, just as he releases his Rage Powder. The powder is carried on the gentle desert breeze, wafting straight towards the Mandibuzz. If they originally intended not to pursue Mojumbo, that was certainly not the case now as the chemicals fill them with rage and they hasten their flight towards the pile of vines.

Meanwhile, you've reached the bottom of the dune, only to have lost sight of the snared Pokemon! What?! Where could it have gone. As you get closer to the trap, you notice the cable is still moving, but whatever it was wrapped around was invisible! You catch sight of a spark, for a moment you pass it off as just sand getting in your eyes, but then another reveals the truth of the situation. Its camouflage failing due to fear and fatigue, the Helioptile comes into full view. The poor little lizard has red marks around its neck from where the snare has been rubbing. It's eyes are red, tears running down its face. It cowers as you get closer, electricity coursing through its body. It wouldn't be an easy task removing the snare without getting jolt for your troubles. Speaking of jolts, you turn back when you hear squawks of pain, Tangrowth pushing the Mandibuzz back with a super effective Shock Wave. The Mandibuzz, while usually quite flighty, seem determined to get at Majumbo. Whether its because of the Rage Powder or because they fancy their type advantage is uncertain, but Majumbo certainly has his vines full. Tyranitar is sitting up in the wagon, eagerly watching, but Ty looked comfortable sitting back and watching the conflict.
Straining against the sandy winds and harsh sunlight it was difficult to get a fix from above. Emp’s knees buckled as he made for the foot of the hill, loose sand making each step heavier. This was a walk in the park compared to what Mojumbo’s movement, the hefty tangle of vine’s feet swallowed whole by the sand, hampering his already sluggish movements. If Emp didn’t already feel sorry for his friend, he would soon enough; Tangrowth had put himself a safe distance apart from the rest of the company, ready to play decoy while the trainer went in for the save. Frantically flailing his arms to catch the attention of the scavengers, he waited for them to fly curiously inbound before discerning his Rage Powder. The dust dispersed with the gentle wind, catching the flock in mid-flight and quickly getting under their skin as their demeanour switched from one of curiosity to aggression.

Emp would have to worry about if he’d made the right call later, coming into a forced run as he slipped further down the dune. Happy enough his feet hadn’t given way, he did a sweep of the surroundings wondering if the poor Pokemon had burrowed out of sight. The trap came back into focus sure enough, but whatever was caught in its maw was invisible! Sparks seemed to dance as he edged closer, the trainer on high guard for an unsuspected jolt. The camouflage eventually became too much for the injured Pokemon to muster, a Helioptile revealing itself. Its neck was lacerated from where the snare had rubbed against it, eyes red and welling. Sparks flew again as Emp edged closer with an outstretched hand; a shock from the terrified Pokemon could floor him if he wasn’t careful, or worse, a sudden movement could scare the Helioptile into choking on its trap.

Emp paused for a moment as an idea struck as sure as lightning, hesitating as he pondered the consequences. The approach would surely terrify the poor creature more than even the ravenous Mandibuzz, but it would be the cleanest and safest way to remove the trap for all parties involved. Emp mused on how Ty might handle the situation; he surely would consider the poor creature’s safety over its feelings, opting for the quickest, most effective route. With that he pulled away the outstretched hand, unclipping a Blue Cyberball from his belt with it and lobbing it forward. The orb landed with a dull clunk against the soft sand, cracking open in a burst of light to unveil Surgei the Eelektrik. Suspended in the air courtesy of his electromagnetism, he’d have a lot less issue slipping around the field than the rest of their camp. But that wasn’t the only ability that would benefit their tricky circumstances:

“Surgei, I need you to gently Bind this Helioptile to keep it still while you Crunch through the snare. Keep ahold of it as it may need nursing back to health”, wishful thinking on Emp’s part, outside of the stress of the situation he’d always been fascinated by the frilled species; endangered or no, he hoped Ty would allow him to nurse it back to health and take it under his wing. With the plan setting into motion the trainer turned his attention back to Mojumbo who had his hands full with the Mandibuzz. While the widespread shockwave stung, they still fancied their chances against the grass-type. Having Surgei in the reserves eased his mind some, but for now Mojumbo would need to fend off the pestering flock by himself.

“It’s time we fire on all cylinders with multiple Ancient Power. Then hit any that come into range with your Sleep Powder.”

FB PASBL TL 4

26-4-0 KO74 TP208
B Ref SP 2

Old 07-13-2020, 08:13 PM   #373
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Emp- This situation required a somewhat delicate touch, a touch that likely wouldn't be fried by a jolt of electricity. Thankfully you had just the right Pokemon on hand. With a flick of your risk you release Surgei from his ball, the Eelektrik floats happily above the sand courtesy of his electromagnetic levitation. The Electric type wouldn't mind taking a little shock for a good cause, he was certainly better equip to handle it than you were. You instruct the electric eel to gently bind the ensnared Helioptile, keeping it in place so it didn't hurt itself further while he crunched through the snare.

Surgei gets to work, he floats in slowly, trying not to spook the Helioptile further. It's frills extend as he gets close, shocking him but Surgei shrugs it off. He uses the opportunity to make his move, wrapping his slender body around the lizard. Being careful not to squeeze too tightly, he assess the situation with the snare. The cable is too tight around the Helioptile's neck due to the amount it has struggled, if he tried to chomp through it there, he'd risk hurting the lizard further. Instead he begins to chew through the cable that is attached to the anchor buried deep in the sand. It takes a bit of work but his sharp teeth eventually break through the cable. Realising it is no longer anchored to the ground, Helioptile begins to struggle harder, the snare still dangling from its neck. Maybe you could try to get through to it and calm it down?

While you've been busy watching Surgei work, Mojumbo has been dealing with the Mandibuzz. The Tangrowth has been keeping the scavengers at bay with Super Effective Ancient Powers, he'd even managed to amass a stat boost. The birds have been taking turns attacking, two of them striking with Air Slash, while another dives in and strikes with a Brave Bird. Mojumbo attempts to put them to sleep with a different douse of powder, but they dispel it with a quick Gust of wind. The Tangrowth was beginning to tire, he was outnumbered and in need of assistance.

Old 07-14-2020, 12:48 AM   #374
Emp
Volcano Badge

Yanmega Arboreal Cradle - Update 13

Lythan'Torr Glades

TheKnightsFury: The trap was swinging to and fro like a pendulum, likely not rigged for a catch this size and threatening to give way at any moment. Peering down through the holes in the net you gauge that a drop probably wouldn’t kill you, although death would be a mercy over having bones crushed under the sheer weight of your Empoleon. Escaping these bounds would require precision, so with a deep breath you improvise a strategy drawing on the diverse talents of your company. First off the bat was Corvisquire, his newfound Smarts coming into play as he delicately picked at the threads, wriggling free with just enough Strikes. Spreading his wings he releases a liberated chirp, hovering to Bulbasaur’s location to set him free too. Their reduced weight as Corvisquire prizes her free isn’t enough to offset the increased strain on the remaining threads, a prolonged creak of rope sending your heart into a race.

Time was ticking but the avian hopefully wouldn’t need long to get a fix on the counterweight surely rigged at the end of the line. Corvisquire follows the rope to the canopies where it was hinged and taxis Bulbasaur to sturdy branch in vine’s reach. She was next up, a Powerful pair of Whips fastening around the rope ready to bear its weight. Signalling back to Corvisquire, the avian lets out a warning caw before Slashing the rope between Bulbasaur and the counterweight clean with a ribbon of Air. Without warning your combined weight hoists the Seed Pokemon up in the air! Building altitude at breakneck pace she quickly fixes herself beneath the hinge, wrapping her vines around it to release the tension some. The sudden acceleration and break gives you a nasty whiplash, a small price compared to the fate you narrowly avoided, Bulbasaur carefully belaying you to the safety of the forest floor.

With a slash of Empoleon’s flippers your party was freed from the mesh, scrambling in an uncomfortable pile until you were upright again. Lilev rubs the back of her neck wearily before retrieving her knife from the underbrush. “Poachers don’t lay traps that well-hidden”, she remarked, taking pause to inspect the snare, “This reminds me of a Hunter trap. And whoever set it was after no ordinary game.” Right on que a rustling cuts through the conversation, coaxing you into defence once again. Who emerged, you could not have been prepared for…

“Lilev – and Xander!? I’m surprised to see you both out here”, Lilev’s eyes started to well with tears, the hulking huntress rushing to her pupil and embracing him in the sort of tight squeeze a mother would give her lost child. The hug was barely reciprocated, a look of mangled shock and torture clear as day in Ammorith’s vacant expression. He looked skinnier than you remembered, hair matted and unkempt with a grizzly beard barely covering the hollow dimples revealing his cheekbones. His clothes were ragged and drenched in sweat, blood and likely other excrements by the overpowering stentch. You couldn’t begin to fathom what horrors he had endured over the past weeks.

“We came for you… For all of you… You’ve been missing for weeks, kid”, there was a look of intense worry on Lilev’s face, like it pained her more than you could imagine to see him like this. “We need to get you back to civilisation right away, you look malnourished.”

The Hunter seemed nonplussed, a look of deep anguish in his eyes as though repressed memories were beginning to surface. He breaks from your combined stare back to the forest, eyes desperately darting in all directions, “No – I have a mission. We need to catch Zygarde, it will lead us to my captor. To the others. There’s no time to lose, the others will DIE if we turn back now!” The man was in hysterics, Lilev appearing lost for words. You could only guess he was searching for the green snakelike creature that had rushed by moments earlier, the direction of which you could probably hazard a guess. Perhaps you had something to say.
Old 07-14-2020, 01:37 AM   #375
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge

Quote:
Lythan'Torr Glades

TheKnightsFury: The trap was swinging to and fro like a pendulum, likely not rigged for a catch this size and threatening to give way at any moment. Peering down through the holes in the net you gauge that a drop probably wouldn’t kill you, although death would be a mercy over having bones crushed under the sheer weight of your Empoleon. Escaping these bounds would require precision, so with a deep breath you improvise a strategy drawing on the diverse talents of your company. First off the bat was Corvisquire, his newfound Smarts coming into play as he delicately picked at the threads, wriggling free with just enough Strikes. Spreading his wings he releases a liberated chirp, hovering to Bulbasaur’s location to set him free too. Their reduced weight as Corvisquire prizes her free isn’t enough to offset the increased strain on the remaining threads, a prolonged creak of rope sending your heart into a race.

Time was ticking but the avian hopefully wouldn’t need long to get a fix on the counterweight surely rigged at the end of the line. Corvisquire follows the rope to the canopies where it was hinged and taxis Bulbasaur to sturdy branch in vine’s reach. She was next up, a Powerful pair of Whips fastening around the rope ready to bear its weight. Signalling back to Corvisquire, the avian lets out a warning caw before Slashing the rope between Bulbasaur and the counterweight clean with a ribbon of Air. Without warning your combined weight hoists the Seed Pokemon up in the air! Building altitude at breakneck pace she quickly fixes herself beneath the hinge, wrapping her vines around it to release the tension some. The sudden acceleration and break gives you a nasty whiplash, a small price compared to the fate you narrowly avoided, Bulbasaur carefully belaying you to the safety of the forest floor.

With a slash of Empoleon’s flippers your party was freed from the mesh, scrambling in an uncomfortable pile until you were upright again. Lilev rubs the back of her neck wearily before retrieving her knife from the underbrush. “Poachers don’t lay traps that well-hidden”, she remarked, taking pause to inspect the snare, “This reminds me of a Hunter trap. And whoever set it was after no ordinary game.” Right on que a rustling cuts through the conversation, coaxing you into defence once again. Who emerged, you could not have been prepared for…

“Lilev – and Xander!? I’m surprised to see you both out here”, Lilev’s eyes started to well with tears, the hulking huntress rushing to her pupil and embracing him in the sort of tight squeeze a mother would give her lost child. The hug was barely reciprocated, a look of mangled shock and torture clear as day in Ammorith’s vacant expression. He looked skinnier than you remembered, hair matted and unkempt with a grizzly beard barely covering the hollow dimples revealing his cheekbones. His clothes were ragged and drenched in sweat, blood and likely other excrements by the overpowering stentch. You couldn’t begin to fathom what horrors he had endured over the past weeks.

“We came for you… For all of you… You’ve been missing for weeks, kid”, there was a look of intense worry on Lilev’s face, like it pained her more than you could imagine to see him like this. “We need to get you back to civilisation right away, you look malnourished.”

The Hunter seemed nonplussed, a look of deep anguish in his eyes as though repressed memories were beginning to surface. He breaks from your combined stare back to the forest, eyes desperately darting in all directions, “No – I have a mission. We need to catch Zygarde, it will lead us to my captor. To the others. There’s no time to lose, the others will DIE if we turn back now!” The man was in hysterics, Lilev appearing lost for words. You could only guess he was searching for the green snakelike creature that had rushed by moments earlier, the direction of which you could probably hazard a guess. Perhaps you had something to say.
The plan had gone off with one rather large hitch. He'd completely forgotten to instruct Bulbasaur to anchor herself to the branch! The Grass Starter was ripped from the branch as Corvisquire cut the cord, although thankfully she comes to a stop once she reaches the hinge. A bit of whiplash was better than broken bones though! Once Bulbasaur lowered them, Empoleon cut them loose as Corvisquire carried Bulbasaur down to the ground. The glare from Grass type was almost enough to paralyse him.....

Lilev was quick to point out that the trap was far too sophisticated to be constructed by some random poacher, this was the work of a master hunter! She was exactly right, as a rather dishevelled Ammorith emerged from hiding. After all of their searching, it was the hunter who had found them! He'd been out here all this time?! Why hadn't he come back? He reason was quickly revealed, someone had captured the other hunters and Ammorith was out here hunting for a Pokemon called Zygarde? Xander had never heard of a Zygarde, but he'd also just seen a Pokemon he'd never seen before. Could that little green worm thing have been this Zygarde?

"Ammorith, great to see you again, except this time you're the one who looks like he's been through hell instead of me", Xander laughed nervously. "This Zygarde, it wouldn't be this little green thing, about yay big, red thing on its chest, one big creepy eye? If so, it umm just went that way." Xander pointed in the direction the little thing had scampered off to. If it was Zygarde, at least they would have a fresh trail to track!

Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles > FB Time Out > Hall of Records