UPNetwork  

Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2019, 06:37 PM   #201
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.Enigma View Post
TheKnightsFury

[COLOR="olivedrab"]


The girl Looked nervous back and forth from you and the hole... Her voice tried to sound brave or defiant but her eyes gave away her true feelings.
"My NAME is Lily, stupidsta."
Ooof, She was for sure a strong spirited woman. She grabbed a section of your escape rope and proceded to tie it to herself.

" I have some fighting skills but I would work better with my partner Riolu, Thankfully my mother, her lucario and I were able to cover its escape even though it meant that we would all get moved farther in and punished."

This girl was the Riolu's Trainer!!! And her Mother's Lucario had to be the one who flooded your brain with memories, which by the way as you tried to recall them to look for lily.... they seemed to be foggy and fadding from your mind.... which could mean several things.... One, they could be not permanet as you once thought and could just be fading naturally. Two, they could be a sign of something more sinister happening to the lucario.....

You had to ask Lily about this, probably now while you had the time or as you were going down the hole.

As you started descending down the hole relatively fast you asked Lily about the Memories and what they could mean.
Her face after you were done explaining wasn't giving you good vibes at all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


The leaves kept rustling moving ever closer and as soon as something stuck its head out Bayleaf jumped into action first wrapping up the opponent tight with Vine Whip and immediately started whistling.
But Froakie Struggled against the vines and tried to plug its ear holes with its Frubbles, before freaking out enough to cover one of its fists in Flames and punching the Vines.

Behind Froakie there were a few people looking apprehensive at the Bayleef and Riolu..............

As Xander began to lower himself down the escape rope into the chamber below, he quickly enquired about the location of Lily's mother and Lucario. If something bad was happening to them, he'd do his best to stop it if he could. He had to think of everyone though, if saving Lucario meant possibly blowing their cover and the escape of everyone, then maybe it wasn't worth it? Who could say whether the lives of a few outweigh the lives of the many, it was an impossible decision. He just had to do his best.

In the cavern below, Chimchar and Wartortle were watching anxiously as they saw Xander's legs dangling from the hole in the ceiling. Wartortle would do its best to throw off the guards and give Xander a brief window of opportunity. He hoped his trainer had a plan for when he got down here, the odds were currently against them and they had to do something about that.

At the oasis, Bayleef was shocked as she grabbed hold of Froakie. She quickly released him and stopped her Grass Whistle. Froakie wasn't alone though, the Water type was accompanied by a small group of people. The Kalosian Starter quickly explained the situation, completely shocking Bayleef. She knew they had to go help Xander. She lifted Riolu onto her back with her vines, the Fighting type latched onto her neck for support. Froakie then began to lead the band he'd rallied towards the compound they'd discovered. It was easy enough to locate, as a flame seemed to circle around it from above, which Froakie knew to be Charizard. He just hoped they'd get there in time to help Xander.
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 06:52 PM   #202
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,887
King Ghidorah- Not willing to lose a key member of your team at this early stage, you turn to modern medicine to revive your fallen Bisharp. The Steel type is soon revived and back to full strength, although the pain of his defeat still ran deep. Most would consider it a draw, but to Bisharp, it was definitely a loss. You recall the Blade Pokemon into its ball so it can recover some more, it surely wasn't that much further to go, right?

Wrong.

Realistically, your journey up the Edelweiss had just begun. You continue along the path, unobstructed for at least an hour. The path gets continuously steeper as you progress, until finally you're forced to a stop. The path comes to an end at a harsh vertical wall of rock, which continues upward through a thick ring of clouds. It appears to be climbable, but one misplaced hand or foot on the icy rocks would likely see you fall, resulting in serious injury or even death. If you wanted to reach the top, it was an obstacle you'd have to overcome, the issue was working out how to do so while ensuring your safety.

Your ears perk as you hear howls in the distance. They come from behind, back down the path you'd already trekked. Perhaps something had caught your scent and was now pursuing you? Regardless of motive, more conflict would likely drain more precious energy from your Pokemon. If you didn't react quickly and find a way forward, you likely wouldn't have a choice in confronting your pursuers.
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 07:29 PM   #203
Prof.Enigma
Cascade Badge
 
Prof.Enigma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Anchorage Alaska
Posts: 397
Update for 8/17/19 (#2)

TheKnightsFury



You were pressed with a near impossible immoral situation, on one hand you could save the people and pokemon who originally reached out to you for help, but it could blow your cover and put countless other lives at risk.

Or you could save everyone you possibly could but end up loosing the lives of those who originally sought you out.......
This weighed on your mind pretty heavily but you tried to push it out of your mind for the moment and tried to focus on the task at hand.
When you asked Lily for the location of the Lucario and her mother, she just shrugged. She didn't know herself it seemed. Though based on educated guesses, it was most likely she was here among the brainwashed or deeper in this part of the mine.....

As you dropped down to the ground, Your Wartortle tripped over itself and caused enough of a commotion that all the guards had their eyes away from you and Lily ( as she was literally close behind you )

The Guards soon dismissed your pokemon as if it just tripped over a rock jutting out of the ground and if that was an often enough occurrence for them to not suspect anything out of the ordinary.

Thankfully you had lots of cover thanks to huge Stalagmites jutting out of the ground at odd irregular intervals allowing for you to hide if need be. Now was the time to take out the Gaurds and the Claydol who were motionless in their posts controling the pokemon and people.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Froakie and Bayleef neared the base with the small band of people ( about six or so ) you hear sounds of people screaming and pokemon fighting in the air.

Up high above just far enough for it to be hard to make out, your Charizard was whipping around in the sky, firing off Flamethrowers at the surrounding flying pokemon with guards on them, it looked as if he wasn't helped out soon, he surely would get caught and your distraction will backfire on you.

Five of the Six trainers that had gathered had pokemon but only two had flying types, so the dou sent out a Braiveary and a Mandibuzz to Aid the Charizard and help it escape. Buying you more time to get in and free these people.

Riolu on Bayleefs back seemed to jump into alertness and telepathically sent images of people wandering through the camp towards this groups Direction.

What will you do next?
__________________
Prof.Enigma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 04:39 AM   #204
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.Enigma View Post
TheKnightsFury



You were pressed with a near impossible immoral situation, on one hand you could save the people and pokemon who originally reached out to you for help, but it could blow your cover and put countless other lives at risk.

Or you could save everyone you possibly could but end up loosing the lives of those who originally sought you out.......
This weighed on your mind pretty heavily but you tried to push it out of your mind for the moment and tried to focus on the task at hand.
When you asked Lily for the location of the Lucario and her mother, she just shrugged. She didn't know herself it seemed. Though based on educated guesses, it was most likely she was here among the brainwashed or deeper in this part of the mine.....

As you dropped down to the ground, Your Wartortle tripped over itself and caused enough of a commotion that all the guards had their eyes away from you and Lily ( as she was literally close behind you )

The Guards soon dismissed your pokemon as if it just tripped over a rock jutting out of the ground and if that was an often enough occurrence for them to not suspect anything out of the ordinary.

Thankfully you had lots of cover thanks to huge Stalagmites jutting out of the ground at odd irregular intervals allowing for you to hide if need be. Now was the time to take out the Gaurds and the Claydol who were motionless in their posts controling the pokemon and people.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Froakie and Bayleef neared the base with the small band of people ( about six or so ) you hear sounds of people screaming and pokemon fighting in the air.

Up high above just far enough for it to be hard to make out, your Charizard was whipping around in the sky, firing off Flamethrowers at the surrounding flying pokemon with guards on them, it looked as if he wasn't helped out soon, he surely would get caught and your distraction will backfire on you.

Five of the Six trainers that had gathered had pokemon but only two had flying types, so the dou sent out a Braiveary and a Mandibuzz to Aid the Charizard and help it escape. Buying you more time to get in and free these people.

Riolu on Bayleefs back seemed to jump into alertness and telepathically sent images of people wandering through the camp towards this groups Direction.

What will you do next?
Finally in the main chamber, Xander began to consider his plan. They had a good amount of sleep darts and while they'd likely be ineffective against the Claydol, they would allow them to slowly dispose of the guards. He wasn't all too surprised that Lily had followed him, the girl had an even bigger stake in this than he did. Xander looked up to where he knew the camouflaged Treecko was waiting. The plan was simple enough. Xander would make his way around the cavern, using the large stalagmites as cover. When they got close to an isolated guard, Xander would give Treecko a signal and the Grass type would hit the guard with a sleep dart. He'd then rush out an grapple the guard from behind, dragging them back behind the stalagmite to make sure someone didn't accidentally stumble upon an unconscious guard and raise the alarm. Once they had reduced the guards numbers, they'd start to worry about the Claydol.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Froakie watched as a few of the trainers accompanying him released Flying Pokemon to aid the entrenched Charizard. Hopefully with their aid the Fire type would be able to overcome its attackers and aid in the impending assault. Froakie turned his attention to the task at hand though. He'd attempt to lead the group back in the way he had come out, it seemed the safest bet. He'd marked the tent he'd left Xander in, so if they could find their way back there, they would surely be able to find him. If they couldn't find Xander, they'd have to find another way to help, perhaps targeting the Claydol at the entrance of the mine? They'd work that out when they needed to.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Charizard wasn't sure what direction the next attack would come from. When Xander had sent him off on his own personal mission, he was confident he could handle things. Unfortunately things hadn't gone as smoothly as his trainer had expected, but he wasn't about to give in. With so many attackers coming at him, he had to give himself some breathing space. A powerful Heat Wave would help to drive his opponents back from all directions. He'd then surround himself in a Fire Spin, creating a makeshift shield around himself, ensuring that anyone who wanted a piece of him would have to fight the fire to do so.
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 07:53 PM   #205
Prof.Enigma
Cascade Badge
 
Prof.Enigma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Anchorage Alaska
Posts: 397
Update for 8/19/19

TheKnightsFury;


Slowly walking around you walked around and motioned to treecko to dart the guard you were closest too, this one happened to be a woman and as soon as you dragged her behind the stalagmite, Lily started stripping the first layer of the woman's clothing and started changing into it...... not caring that she practically stripped in front of you.

Lily was smart to not talk much and when she took up the guards clothing it was clear that she was swapping places with the guard and helping you by walking around and having your treecko help her take a guard down, at this rate the two of you will get these guards out sooner and then could focus on the Claydol.

Inside Lily's head all kinds of thoughts raced, if they got more people freed they would have more and more help getting out of this hell hole and free the other captive children.... But what you had asked her bothered her a lot... if the lucario's memories were fading from his memory with out the Lucario doing it herself then that meant she and her mother were dying... because their life forces were intertwined. Which meant she had to hurry and throw away all her fear to save her mother.

Another question that popped into your head was really strange because you recalled at first that the woman who was the trainer of the lucario didn't seem to have any children up until you had met lily........ which begs the question if lily was adopted or not.... which didn't look plausible because she seemed to be a spitting image of her mother.......... so many questions with out a whole lot of answers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


The first problem stood at hand was that there were at least several people coming towards you, and you couldn't tell if they were friend or foe. Riolu could sense people but couldn't tell you much more than what direction and where.

The six people you gathered from town seemed to be the only ones who recognized that stone you were given when you went searching through town... unfortunately this wasn't the whole town because many just laughed at you and walked away when you tried to convey how urgent it was that they came...... Their story as to why they came but that was not here nor the time to explain as you still had to get into the camp where you were before you left.

The tent wasn't hard to find and it wasn't hard to sneak around the people in the camp.... turns out they were...... worse looking guards than what you first distracted and counted, perhaps from the mines?

You motioned for the people to jump down the hole and had riolu send images of your trainer down there..... Where was this mind to mind bridge when you needed it in town eh? could have been easier to get more people to come help you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You flew around in circles after setting up your Fire Spinning shield hoping to get away from these persistent trainers and then you heard a commotion outside of your swirling flames... Curious you stuck your face out, hovering in place and then you saw two people throw something in the air outside the camp... First thing was that you thought was that you were going to have more problems on your claws but when they started attacking the main issue you thought that they could be of assistance to you.

Good, because you were tired and almost positive the guards you were carrying were going to wake up soon and start struggling on you making it harder for you to fly.... You needed to find a high cliff far enough away to set them down at along with these other idiots... now where to look?


What will you do?

__________________
Prof.Enigma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 11:20 AM   #206
Lil'twick
Warrior of Darkness
 
Lil'twick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Norvrant
Posts: 2,937
Send a message via Skype™ to Lil'twick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
Lil'twick: Festivities abound, you opt to enjoy yourselves with three activities that seem best for your squad of fairies, and while Honey and Sprinkles headed for the wreaths and the Togetic and Carbink ventured towards the feast, you decide to go with Cott and Souffle to the Exeggutor to entertain the pair.

The Exeggutor chuckles as the Igglybuff takes a hold of one of the streamers and begins to bounce around him, and with a gentle flick of the tail head the balloon pokemon is launched into the air with a gleeful squeak, drifting around the smiling heads of the tree, while the Swirlix scampers around with you, clearly enjoying himself as the coloured ribbons are tied around the grass pokemon. While your size meant you didn't have as much fun as the other two, you nevertheless kept an eye on the pair and felt they were in good hands, and taking a moment to bow out, you are briefly stopped by the tail head, who looks up at you with a small grin before taking a quick whirl around and motioning you to look up. Doing so, you quickly notice the ribbon floating down and catch it, while the Exeggutor asks you keep it to remember the brief yet spirited time you spent with it, citing that it had been a while since he last saw someone like you.

From the Exeggutor Decoration, Cott and Souffle gained 2 levels, and you received a Binding Band!

Moving along, you decide to check up on Honey and Sprinkles, and find a number of plants gathered to get you started on your own wreath. A few of the longer flowers to form the base, you are pointed out here and there by a Roselia who picks out the best plants for a sturdy body, and once you get going your artisanal skills are deftly demonstrated. Pinks, whites, greens and reds, there's even a few small mushrooms here and there to really bring out the colours, and the very scent of it was wonderful to say the least. Honey buzzes cheerfully while Sprinkles certainly seems to have forgotted all about the harrowing trip here, and by the time you're finished your wreath, you find it's a bit smaller than expected.

"Oh, don't worry about the size," the Roselia quips, "it's the spirit that matters, and you have a spirit that's bigger than any wreath we can make. It may be small, but it is just as beautiful as that cake you and Flabebe made for the prince. Hold on one moment, I think we can help you out there with cleaning up." A couple of minutes later, your wreath is hanging on the walls of the grotto with others, your name spelled out on a small plaque beneath it, and a small leaf satchel is presented to you as well as a quick lesson by the Roselia to the pair of pokemon.

From the Wreath Wrapping, Honey was taught the Tutor Move Signal Beam and Sprinkles was taught the Tutor Move Synthesis, and you obtained a Floral Satchel!

Inside the Floral Satchel are Two Tinymushrooms and Three Silver Leafs, worth a total of $500.

With the festival going well, you feel the slight pangs of hunger and venture towards the feasting table where Custard and Carrot are, and very quickly your attention is grabbed by the Raticate and Munchlax, both with satisfied smiles on their face.

"Ah, you must be the Leo your Togetic was telling us about! Wonderful friends you've made, boy," the rodent comments, before taking a bite from one of your eclairs. "And might I say, a splendid baker at that. Why, I had to tell myself to stop after a few of your shortcakes, such was the gentle melt in the mouth texture and honey!"

"Likewise, although I will say that the cupcakes were a little on the soft side, but certainly not a dealbreaker," the Munchlax states, a little more critical. "I would say a couple more minutes in the oven would have hardened them up a little, though I did enjoy the nanab loaf, which complemented the nectar dip wondrously." With praise thrown around, you spend a while discussing your creations with the gourmets, listening to their tips and even enjoying a couple of your delicacies while heeding some sage advice, and when you're done talking the Munchlax and Raticate look at each other and nod.

"Before you head off, we feel that you should be rewarded for such fine provisions to the Prince's Bloom, as should your friends. Here, don't be shy!" they happily say, handing you a small basket of assorted sweets with grateful nods as you accept it. Custard and Carrot come to your side, curious as to the contents of the basket and generally having had their fill of the sweet treats offered.

From the Fruitful Feasts, Custard and Carrot gained 2 levels, and you received the Gourmet's Hamper!

The Gourmet's Hamper contains Five Fruit Poffins, which share the effects of a Yummi Gummi granting one Bond per poffin, and Three Marzipan Crackers, which function similar to Rare candies, granting the consumer one level.

---

With all the hustle and bustle, the party is definitely in full swing and the atmosphere is electrifying, almost literally as the leafy ceiling above you glows with a warming, unearthly light, and as you marvel at it your attention is grabbed by a small poke at your cheek, and you find the source of said poking to be the Flabebe from earlier.

"Ah, Leo! You made it! The Prince is due to arrive shortly, and I'm excited, but also a bit nervous! What if the Prince doesn't like the cake? What if he's too busy?" The fairy's panic reaches a pitch when a pair of Floette begin to blow on some grass whistles, the melody high pitched yet soothing enough to grab the attention of everyone in the grotto.

"My apologies, friends, may I have your attention please! Today is a special day for us all, and it would be my pleasure to give you the honour of announcing the arrival of the Prince!" The two fairy pokemon drift to the side as a leafy screen is parted, revealing one somewhat different Floette to the applause of the audience. With blue body and antennae, and gently holding a beautiful yet haunting red flower, in stark contrast to the cheerful flowers of the other Floette. The Prince looks around the grotto, a small smile on his face, yet for some reason when his gaze meets yours you feel a sudden surge of sadness, fleeting yet profound, and as the gaze is broken that feeling of something not being completely right lingers.

"Thank you, friends," the Prince speaks, calm voice oddly deep, "even in this dark time, you come together to make my day of bloom so much brighter. From the smallest of Oddish to the tallest of Exeggutor, the friendliest of Cutiefly to the grumpiest, but wisest Shiftry, each of you can always be counted on to put a smile on my face." Turning his attention to the cake, his reaction is unexpected.

"Mother of Mew, that's a big one..." he whispers to himself, eliciting a few quiet chuckles from the crowd while he inspects it from a few angles, before taking a razor-sharp leaf blade, and cutting into the cake as the entire grotto goes deathly silent, the only sound being the gentle rasp of the leaf as it finishes cutting a slice of your masterpiece, and the world watches with baited breath as the Floette takes a bite of the cake, Flabebe trembling uncontrollably...

"...mmm, very nice...reminds me of my younger years when I lived with humans..."

A ruckus of applause and cheers erupts as the royal seal of approval lands, as does Flabebe upon your hand, having fainted from the shock of it all. As the Prince takes another bite, one of the Floette beckons you forward, seemingly keen on letting the prince meet the baker. Shall you?
(OOC: Claiming rewards. Ty Raves)

Leo watched with bated anticipation as soon as the prince arrived. The joyous atmosphere came to a halt as high pitched grass whistles blared through the grotto. There was certainly a degree of nervousness as the Prince's subjects waited for their leader to arrive. And Leo too, was waiting for that moment.

Though, it didn't take long, as a Blue Floette, carrying a flower that hes never even seen before, descended into the grotto. Never before had silence felt so loud for Leo. This was a Pokemon to be revered, respected. The way he held himself was different than any other Pokemon, or even leader, the boy has seen. Leo could tell that small body had years of wisdom.

It certainly was a sight, watching as the Prince made his little speech before looking over the cake. Still, Leo could feel that something was wrong here. That sadness... It wasn't natural. Each second started to feel like a minute, each minute an hour. Time itself seemed to slow as the Pokemon inspected the cake. And then it flowed again, as the razor leaf cleanly cut through the cake.

Leo didn't really know how to react as the Prince ate his slice. The baker could see the melancholy on the Floette's face. It was obvious he was enjoying the cake, but it was bring up memories, and it certainly wasn't helping out with the general mood. There was something deeper going on here, Leo could feel it in his gut.

Though that was easily masked by the reaction of the crowd. Cheering, applause, and general jubilee. The festive mood soon returned as the Pokemon gathered resumed the festivities. Still, was it really okay to drown out the worries of the world? Then again, that's what Team Skull did. A blissful lie was always better than the truth.

Still, as a baker, it was his duty to introduce himself. He was glad the Prince enjoyed the cake. It was certainly worrisome, and he felt his career was on the line if things ended up disastrously. Following the Floette, Leo hedded over to the prince and introduced himself.

"I'm glad you enjoyed it your highness. I'm Leo, and..." Leo snapped up in the air, causing his Pokemon to swiftly return to him. "This is my team. Well, more like a family, but they all helped me make the food in their own way. And even this Flabebe helped. Honestly without her help I wouldn't have been able to make the cake. It's a pleasure making your acquaintance."

He tried sounding formal. Certainly something he wasn't use to, but he hoped he left a good enough first impression.
__________________


So Baby pull me closer in the back seat of your rover,
I'll go everywhere you go,
From Chicago to the Coast.

Hawke | Leo

Lil'twick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 09:29 PM   #207
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.Enigma View Post
TheKnightsFury;


Slowly walking around you walked around and motioned to treecko to dart the guard you were closest too, this one happened to be a woman and as soon as you dragged her behind the stalagmite, Lily started stripping the first layer of the woman's clothing and started changing into it...... not caring that she practically stripped in front of you.

Lily was smart to not talk much and when she took up the guards clothing it was clear that she was swapping places with the guard and helping you by walking around and having your treecko help her take a guard down, at this rate the two of you will get these guards out sooner and then could focus on the Claydol.

Inside Lily's head all kinds of thoughts raced, if they got more people freed they would have more and more help getting out of this hell hole and free the other captive children.... But what you had asked her bothered her a lot... if the lucario's memories were fading from his memory with out the Lucario doing it herself then that meant she and her mother were dying... because their life forces were intertwined. Which meant she had to hurry and throw away all her fear to save her mother.

Another question that popped into your head was really strange because you recalled at first that the woman who was the trainer of the lucario didn't seem to have any children up until you had met lily........ which begs the question if lily was adopted or not.... which didn't look plausible because she seemed to be a spitting image of her mother.......... so many questions with out a whole lot of answers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


The first problem stood at hand was that there were at least several people coming towards you, and you couldn't tell if they were friend or foe. Riolu could sense people but couldn't tell you much more than what direction and where.

The six people you gathered from town seemed to be the only ones who recognized that stone you were given when you went searching through town... unfortunately this wasn't the whole town because many just laughed at you and walked away when you tried to convey how urgent it was that they came...... Their story as to why they came but that was not here nor the time to explain as you still had to get into the camp where you were before you left.

The tent wasn't hard to find and it wasn't hard to sneak around the people in the camp.... turns out they were...... worse looking guards than what you first distracted and counted, perhaps from the mines?

You motioned for the people to jump down the hole and had riolu send images of your trainer down there..... Where was this mind to mind bridge when you needed it in town eh? could have been easier to get more people to come help you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You flew around in circles after setting up your Fire Spinning shield hoping to get away from these persistent trainers and then you heard a commotion outside of your swirling flames... Curious you stuck your face out, hovering in place and then you saw two people throw something in the air outside the camp... First thing was that you thought was that you were going to have more problems on your claws but when they started attacking the main issue you thought that they could be of assistance to you.

Good, because you were tired and almost positive the guards you were carrying were going to wake up soon and start struggling on you making it harder for you to fly.... You needed to find a high cliff far enough away to set them down at along with these other idiots... now where to look?


What will you do?

With the number of guards dropping quickly, Xander decided he'd leave the last of them for Lily and Treecko to handle. With less guards to watch out for, it would likely be easier for him to get a look at the contents of the mine carts now. He was hoping to find something to aid them in taking out the Claydol. Chimchar and Wartortle noticed their trainer closing in and made their way towards the same cart.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Froakie and his band of followers seemed to have no problem infiltrating the camp, it almost seemed too easy. With Riolu's aid they were able to find the tent and get the trainers to follow you down through the hole Xander had gone through. The rescue team was now in a large tunnel, but it didn't take long for Bayleef to locate another hole. Riolu was looking restless, it had been pretty weak and motionless until now, but for some reason it was starting to get excited. Froakie poked his head through the floor, it didn't take him long to spot Xander and the others. With the Escape Rope still hanging down through the hole, he motions for everyone to wait, he'd go down there and see what Xander wanted to do first....

The Water type slid down the rope before silently dropping to the ground. He began to leap towards Xander, being careful to conceal himself behind the stalagmites. He noticed a number of unconscious guards concealed behind the calcium rich rocks, while he could also see a girl moving around stealthily, likely working with Treecko who he could see with his well trained eyes, despite the Grass Type's adequate camouflage.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Charizard was starting to get tired and the two guards he was carrying were starting to become a burden. He released his grip on the pair, letting them drop towards the ground below. If his assailants cared enough, they'd rescue their own and in the process, take a bit of the heat off him. It was time to go on the offensive. He'd take to his opponents one by one, alternating between Thunder Punch and Ancient Power in an attempt to abuse likely Super Effective hits. It seemed luck was on his side though, assistance had arrived, he just hoped it was enough.
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 12:32 AM   #208
Prof.Enigma
Cascade Badge
 
Prof.Enigma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Anchorage Alaska
Posts: 397
TheKnightsFury;

The cart you found wasn't very huge and could hold at best four people... at least this one was on a track though... which meant there could possibly be more further down the track. But you had to finish dealing with the last of these guards and Claydol... Thankfully you could restock up on sleeping darts as each of the guards had about twenty or so on them not including their dart guns.

Soon you had taken out all the guards that you were able to find calmly enough and now was the issue of taking down the Claydol.

They did have a weakness to water types and grass types, which you did have ready but there wasn't enough partners ready to take out these ten or more Claydol.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was easy to see that you could clearly help your trainer take down these hypnotic stone giants but you stuck true and made your way over to your trainer and tugged on his clothing and after you got his attention you directed his sight back over to the hole and where you had gathered the small group of people...

Now was the time for you guys to regroup and come up with a plan to go on from here.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dropping those people definitely helped you get a little bit of relief and sure enough a few of the guards did drop down to catch their friends and you lashed out at the following flying types taking advantage of their weakness to your Thunder punches and Ancient Power.

With the assistance of the Braiviary and Mandibuzz you were able to force them back and off enough to be able to escape off towards the camp where you were supposed to be waiting to back up your trainer.



What will you do now?

__________________
Prof.Enigma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 05:34 AM   #209
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.Enigma View Post
TheKnightsFury;

The cart you found wasn't very huge and could hold at best four people... at least this one was on a track though... which meant there could possibly be more further down the track. But you had to finish dealing with the last of these guards and Claydol... Thankfully you could restock up on sleeping darts as each of the guards had about twenty or so on them not including their dart guns.

Soon you had taken out all the guards that you were able to find calmly enough and now was the issue of taking down the Claydol.

They did have a weakness to water types and grass types, which you did have ready but there wasn't enough partners ready to take out these ten or more Claydol.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was easy to see that you could clearly help your trainer take down these hypnotic stone giants but you stuck true and made your way over to your trainer and tugged on his clothing and after you got his attention you directed his sight back over to the hole and where you had gathered the small group of people...

Now was the time for you guys to regroup and come up with a plan to go on from here.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dropping those people definitely helped you get a little bit of relief and sure enough a few of the guards did drop down to catch their friends and you lashed out at the following flying types taking advantage of their weakness to your Thunder punches and Ancient Power.

With the assistance of the Braiviary and Mandibuzz you were able to force them back and off enough to be able to escape off towards the camp where you were supposed to be waiting to back up your trainer.



What will you do now?

All the guards were down. Now they just had to work out how they'd dispose of all the Claydol. Thankfully with Froakie's arrival, they had plenty of options at their disposal. With the trainers that Froakie had gathered, they could probably dispatch the Claydol with some brutal offence. That said however, they had no idea what else they'd have to deal with. They needed to conserve energy and effort, for the likely unavoidable fight that awaited them outside.

Xander waited for the Bayleef, Riolu and the trainers to join them. He was certain that Lily would be overwhelmed upon seeing her precious Riolu. Once they'd all gathered, Xander began to explain his plan. "Alright so we need to take the Claydol down carefully. Having to maintain a constant Hypnosis must be draining for them, so we'll try to put them to sleep with Bayleef's Grass Whistle. Wartortle will help out by hitting the Claydol's with Yawn, with both moves working together, it shouldn't take long at all. Riolu if you can Copycat the Yawn, feel free to help out, the same goes for anyone that has Pokemon capable of using sleep inducing moves. In case something goes wrong, Froakie and Chimchar will spread out around the cavern with a Double Team, which should buy us some time to come up with a plan B. Xander had his own mission while Bayleef and the others got to work. Him and Treecko would search through what they'd been mining down here. They needed something to aid them in busting out of here, surely there was something they could use.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Charizard roared triumphantly. With the aid of Braviary and Mandibuzz, they'd beaten back their attackers. Now they were free to aid Xander, but exactly how they should go about that was uncertain. Charizard could see the sea of tents below them, so flammable...

With powerful whips of his wings, Charizard began to cut down the tents with Air Slashes. He'd do so to start with, just to make sure he wasn't about to roast anyone alive. He was sure Braviary and Mandibuzz would join in. Once they'd made their presence known however, he'd start setting the tents alight with Flamethrower. He figured the more people they could draw in, the less Xander would have to deal with.
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 06:45 AM   #210
CrazyCreeperKid
Boulder Badge
 
CrazyCreeperKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Vermilion City
Posts: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post

Pit of the Devourer: A grim name for one of the deepest trenches on the face of the world, the Pit is a spectacle to behold. A ravine so cavernous there's no sight of the bottom, the scar in the Cradle itself offers some of the most incredible views imaginable, and abseiling points have been erected here and there for those who are daring enough to venture into said ravine. The pit earns its name for the way in that it appears to be a great maw, ready to devour all who lose their footing, and indeed the pit has a certain infamy as a spot for those who wish to end their lives willingly and in ridiculous manner. Some say the spirits of those who have fallen remain in the very bottom, unable to escape, but those are just stories made to dissuade the growing number of self-inflicted deaths, as many believe.
"That's a, um.., big hole." Danny said, staring at it. He looked down, and didn't see a bottom. "We're going down there, so buckle up!" Danny said to his Pokemon, zapping them into their Pokeballs. "You guys sit tight." He said to the Pokeballs, attaching them to his waist, before speculating how exactly he'd go down there. "Should I climb down the side?" he said, looking at the sides of the ravine. To add to the scene, a pebble fell from the left side of the ravine, falling into the deep maw, not seeming to hit the bottom. "I guess not. How about I tie a rope around this rock," he said, pointing to a sturdy rock jabbing out of the grassy surface. "then tie the other end around myself as a climbing harness? That should work, right?" he asked the air, before pulling out the rope. "I'm gonna die, aren't I." he said as he tied the rope to a rock, before latching the rope to his chest. "I hope the rock's sturdy enough. Well, down I go!" he said, as he plunged himself down the ravine, the rope, quite long, letting him fall at a rather precarious speed. "This was a bad idea!!!!!!!" he shouted, before suddenly, in a heartbeat, the rope finished. Danny was dangling midair, deep into the ravine, but still seeing no bottom. The sides seemed much less climbable; the walls seemingly slimy and dirty, but ridgy with multiple rocks jutting out. I can climb down. Danny told himself as he proceeded to swing on the rope, trying to build momentum, so he could reach the wall of the chasm. After a few minutes, he was able to touch the wall. He grabbed what seemed like a rock he could hold onto on the left side, but he shuddered quickly as it turned out to be a slimy Wimpod. He finally found a pair of rocks evenly distanced from each other, spreading his legs and placing them on the pair of rocks, then suddenly, Snap! The rope split, causing him to plummet to his doom, or so he thought, as he landed in some nest; he looked around, but obviously didn't see anything. Then, he switched on his flashlight, seeing piles and piles of bones.
"What the heck?" he thought.
Where am I? he asked himself.

Last edited by CrazyCreeperKid; 09-12-2019 at 01:31 PM.
CrazyCreeperKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 10:01 AM   #211
Maskerade
Thunder Badge
 
Maskerade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raves View Post
Maskerade: So many trainers taking part in journeys to the Arboreal Cradle were in their late teens or older, experience and life having guided them towards wisdom, but you were quite the opposite. Almost a spitting image of many of those famous prodigies, you had ventured out into the world at a tender age with naught but your starter and a companion in the form of Chimchar and Turtwig, the former of whom was just as excited as you were. On your own, you and your entourage had opted to venture to Cedar City, seeking fame as many ten year olds do, and at awe at the sheer scale of the city, vouch for the pokemon centre as the first port of call. A wise choice, many would agree.

You wander along the many raised walkways, looking out for the telltale sign of a red roof, while taking in the many sights of the city. Sturdy bridges of cedar wood intertwined with thick ropes, hoisted over some beautiful vistas and views of the forest floor, and of course the variety of pokemon. Some are familiar to you, a couple of Pachirisu scampering up the trees while flocks of Starly twitter on branches, and that says nothing of trainers, a pair of which are engaged in a thrilling battle, a Hakamo-o deftly blocking the chilly rays of a Weavile while closing the distance between them. You almost want to look for a battle yourself, but your feet are starting to ache a little and rest is something you desire as you come to a large building with the familiar ceiling. Before you can enter though, your attention drifts to a pair of voices.

"Have no fear, people of Cedar! The streets will always be safe under our watch!"

"No bad guy, no crook, can escape the sights of Dawn Mane and Dusk Wing!"

The source of this ruckus very quickly makes itself known as a pair of kids a bit younger than you come barreling around the corner wearing some surprisingly well made, if garish, costumes. The older of the two, roughly nine years if you were to guess, wore a yellow tunic with a flashy collar laden with small black stripes, and some gloves in the same vein, while the younger one, about eight years, took a dark blue approach, with a couple of sizable plastic discs taped to the back. A couple of bystanders seemed to roll their eyes and continue on, yet as the pair of youths made a triumphant stance, you couldn't help but feel they were a bit out of place, and the centre was just within reach.

What will you do?
Those two are... weird.

In reality, they probably weren't. They were barely younger than Ark himself, it was only natural they would want to play dress-up and pretend to be have Legendary Pokemon powers - Ark, however, had always fashioned himself "more mature" than that, declaring to himself he had outgrown such childish games in favor of becoming a real-life, self-sufficient Pokemon Trainer. Perhaps that was why he barely had any human friends - not that he would ever admit to that.

If he was right, the duo was going for some sort of Solgaleo and Lunala tag team. They were clearly portraying made-up superheroes, and despite their best theatrics, the passersby were either visibly unimpressed or outright annoyed. Ark, too, had no desire to mingle with the pair - lest people associated him with those two toddlers - and proceeded to enter the Pokemon Center.

Except, Chimchar hadn't followed.

"H-hey! Chimchar, come on!" he called, but the Fire-Type - stubborn as he was - didn't budge. He stood still, pointing at the kids, for some inexplicable reason having taken an interest in them. "Oh for Arceus's sake..."

Turtwig looked at Ark, confused. Wasn't he the Trainer? Then why was Chimchar the one seemingly calling the shots? Not that he minded - if anything, it was amusing - but it did make him wonder about the dynamics of Trainer-Pokemon relationships. Turtwig did a lot of thinking, after all. Just not a lot of doing.

"You want to go to them? Why? They're two loud brats who aren't worth our time," pleaded Ark, exasperated. "We're on a journey to become the strongest and surpass Dell, remember? Why are you wasting time with... Chimchar?"

The small ape had already made his way over to the two small cosplayers. Which meant Ark was left with no choice but to... ugh, interact with them.

".... hello. Nice costumes. Can we go now Chimchar?"
__________________
Maskerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 06:03 AM   #212
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,887
CrazyCreeperKid- It seemed like you'd only been here a moment and you'd already found yourself in trouble. Maybe abseiling down into the Pit by yourself wasn't a great idea? No one knew you were out here, you had no way of knowing if anyone else was out here either. All you did know is that you were stuck partway down a seemingly bottomless pit, standing in a nest that could belong to pretty much anything. You reach for your flashlight, but almost wish you hadn't when you do a quick look around. There are bones everywhere. The nest appears to be on a ledge and is surprisingly large. Whatever made it doesn't seem to be around at the moment, but that didn't mean it wouldn't be back soon.

You have to get a move on, hanging around here likely wouldn't end well. You inspect the wall of the ravine. Unfortunately the wall leading upward seems almost polished smooth, there was no way you'd get any footing. Shining your torch down the side of the ledge, you can see that the wall heading down should be easy enough to scale, there even appears to be more ledges for you to stop and catch your breath on. Maybe if you made your way down, you could find another way back up?

As you consider your options, a pile of bones begins to shuffle and move, was something under there? You'd just gotten yourself into a sticky situation, could you really risk getting yourself into a fight as well? If you moved quick enough you could probably avoid whatever was waiting to reveal itself, but maybe your curiosity would get the best of you.....
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 03:02 PM   #213
CrazyCreeperKid
Boulder Badge
 
CrazyCreeperKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Vermilion City
Posts: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
CrazyCreeperKid- It seemed like you'd only been here a moment and you'd already found yourself in trouble. Maybe abseiling down into the Pit by yourself wasn't a great idea? No one knew you were out here, you had no way of knowing if anyone else was out here either. All you did know is that you were stuck partway down a seemingly bottomless pit, standing in a nest that could belong to pretty much anything. You reach for your flashlight, but almost wish you hadn't when you do a quick look around. There are bones everywhere. The nest appears to be on a ledge and is surprisingly large. Whatever made it doesn't seem to be around at the moment, but that didn't mean it wouldn't be back soon.

You have to get a move on, hanging around here likely wouldn't end well. You inspect the wall of the ravine. Unfortunately the wall leading upward seems almost polished smooth, there was no way you'd get any footing. Shining your torch down the side of the ledge, you can see that the wall heading down should be easy enough to scale, there even appears to be more ledges for you to stop and catch your breath on. Maybe if you made your way down, you could find another way back up?

As you consider your options, a pile of bones begins to shuffle and move, was something under there? You'd just gotten yourself into a sticky situation, could you really risk getting yourself into a fight as well? If you moved quick enough you could probably avoid whatever was waiting to reveal itself, but maybe your curiosity would get the best of you.....
Glancing the walls of the pit, Danny found a climbable ledge, ready to climb, before suddenly, a pile of bones began to move. "Uh oh." Danny muttered, as he stepped back, before nearly falling off the ledge the nest was built on. Pebbles fell from the ledge he brushed with his foot as the bones began to move more vigorously - whatever was under them was waking up. There was no point of trying to climb the ledge anymore; whatever was waking up would attack him wherever he stood.
His two hands reflexively went to his Pokeballs, as he sent both Pokemon out, putting his forefinger to his lips, signalling a want of no sound. Both Pokemon seemed to agree. He tiptoed around the pile of bones, to get a better view.
Alas! First of all, he didn't get a better view, and second of all, Poker let out a huge yawn. Then, the creature beneath the bones jumped up with a start, as Danny scrambled for his flashlight, with his two Pokemon moving to his side quickly, as he prepared for his fate.
"Let's dance." Danny said under his breath, clenching both fists.
CrazyCreeperKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 05:14 PM   #214
Prof.Enigma
Cascade Badge
 
Prof.Enigma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Anchorage Alaska
Posts: 397
9/27/19 Update


Lily ran to pick up her beloved Riolu and held it close to her chest, the bond between the two was very admirable and clear to everyone.
Taking out the Claydol should be relatively easy, Bayleaf started whistling a sweet melody and Wartortle caught the attention of a Claydol and Yawned exaggeratedly, Riolu doing the same from within Lily's arms.
One of the trainers did have a Weavile, which was an exact type advantage over the animated guards, and used a uncommon move, Sing.

Once you have released the hold of the hypnosis you should have more man power and pokemon power and you knew Charizard outside was causing a wreckage because there were muffled screams and a lot of explosions.

Froakie and Chimchar paid close attention to you, waiting for commands to be given, But there was no need to have them spread out for the claydol all dropped down to the ground sound asleep.
Freed from the Hypnosis, people and pokemon started to look around.

Now was your time to gather them up and prepare them for an inevitable battle outside.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Meanwhile You swooped up and down repeatedly breathing your flames upon the tan colored tents, and cutting them down with Air Slashes from your powerful wings.

But you noticed that Mandibuzz and Braivery flew to the huge cage of entrapped children and pokemon, hostages which would put everyone at a severe disadvantage if physical harm came to them.

Smart, you saw no need to help them aside from distracting and taking out the guards posing a t threat to them. The two picked up the cage after securing them and took them high up enough over the flames to not burn them but low enough to not cause serious harm if the cage were dropped or its precious contents.

You should probably let Xander know of this somehow once you reconnect with him.


What will you do?
__________________
Prof.Enigma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 06:50 PM   #215
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,887
CrazyCreeperKid- You prepare quickly, releasing two Pokemon from their balls. Clockwork remained silent, the Hoothoot's eyes were fixed on the shuffling pile of bones. Poker on the other hand, was much more relaxed. The Slowpoke let out a massive yawn, sending a large bubble floating towards whatever was shrouded beneath the bones. You watch anxiously, if the Yawn bubble connected, you could possibly avoid a fight altogether. Unfortunately, as the bubble draws near, a powerful Gust of wind sends it flying back towards Poker! The bubble pops on Poker's face, causing him to let out a much smaller yawn. If nothing was done to prevent it, he'd soon succumb to slumber.

The Gust also removed the remaining bones, revealing the identity of your attacker. The Vullaby chirps aggressively as it stretches its little wings. The young bird seems quite large for one of its species, judging by the sheer amount of bones lying around, it has probably been well fed. It Snarls in anger, sending out a wave of Dark energy, dealing a super effective hit to Poker and leaving both him and Clockwork with a Special Attack drop. You had a numbers advantage for now, but there is no telling how long you'd have before the Vullaby's parents return. If you were going to battle, you'd have to act quickly. A Vullaby was one thing, but if a pair of angry Mandibuzz showed up, you would really have your hands full. You could still try and run, but with the Vullaby now completely awake, it would be much harder for you to defend safely.
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 07:23 PM   #216
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.Enigma View Post

Lily ran to pick up her beloved Riolu and held it close to her chest, the bond between the two was very admirable and clear to everyone.
Taking out the Claydol should be relatively easy, Bayleaf started whistling a sweet melody and Wartortle caught the attention of a Claydol and Yawned exaggeratedly, Riolu doing the same from within Lily's arms.
One of the trainers did have a Weavile, which was an exact type advantage over the animated guards, and used a uncommon move, Sing.

Once you have released the hold of the hypnosis you should have more man power and pokemon power and you knew Charizard outside was causing a wreckage because there were muffled screams and a lot of explosions.

Froakie and Chimchar paid close attention to you, waiting for commands to be given, But there was no need to have them spread out for the claydol all dropped down to the ground sound asleep.
Freed from the Hypnosis, people and pokemon started to look around.

Now was your time to gather them up and prepare them for an inevitable battle outside.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Meanwhile You swooped up and down repeatedly breathing your flames upon the tan colored tents, and cutting them down with Air Slashes from your powerful wings.

But you noticed that Mandibuzz and Braivery flew to the huge cage of entrapped children and pokemon, hostages which would put everyone at a severe disadvantage if physical harm came to them.

Smart, you saw no need to help them aside from distracting and taking out the guards posing a t threat to them. The two picked up the cage after securing them and took them high up enough over the flames to not burn them but low enough to not cause serious harm if the cage were dropped or its precious contents.

You should probably let Xander know of this somehow once you reconnect with him.


What will you do?
They'd taken down the Claydol easier than he'd anticipated. Between Bayleef, Wartortle and one of the other Trainers' surprisingly helpful Weavile, they had incapacitated the Claydol in no time at all. Xander knew they still had the real fight ahead of them, but at least now with all these trainers and Pokemon freed from the Claydol's influence, they might actually stand a chance. Xander made sure to note all of the Pokemon they had at their disposal, that way it would be much easier to delegate jobs and roles. "Alright everyone, its time to prepare. We don't know exactly what is waiting out there for us, but we do know that we will have to fight our way out. Grab anything you think will be useful." Xander looked to his Pokemon. Treecko had dropped his camouflage and joined Froakie and Chimchar. The trio rejoined with their signature fist bump, together they were one hell of a team. Xander prepared to lead everyone out of the cavern, they'd follow the tracks back to the entrance.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


While he was laying waste to the camp, Mandibuzz and Braviary had safely retrieved the cage full of children and Pokemon and moved them to a secure location. Charizard was sure that Mandibuzz and Braviary would be capable of keeping them safe, with the camp alight and Xander and his team causing havoc elsewhere, the children would likely be the guards last priority. Charizard sensed Xander would be needing him soon, so he took to the air once more, making his way to the large pit from which Mandibuzz and Braviary had retrieved the cage. He began to circle, occasionally letting out bursts of flame to ward off anyone who was thinking about confronting him. Where was Xander?
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 10:11 AM   #217
CrazyCreeperKid
Boulder Badge
 
CrazyCreeperKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Vermilion City
Posts: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
CrazyCreeperKid- You prepare quickly, releasing two Pokemon from their balls. Clockwork remained silent, the Hoothoot's eyes were fixed on the shuffling pile of bones. Poker on the other hand, was much more relaxed. The Slowpoke let out a massive yawn, sending a large bubble floating towards whatever was shrouded beneath the bones. You watch anxiously, if the Yawn bubble connected, you could possibly avoid a fight altogether. Unfortunately, as the bubble draws near, a powerful Gust of wind sends it flying back towards Poker! The bubble pops on Poker's face, causing him to let out a much smaller yawn. If nothing was done to prevent it, he'd soon succumb to slumber.

The Gust also removed the remaining bones, revealing the identity of your attacker. The Vullaby chirps aggressively as it stretches its little wings. The young bird seems quite large for one of its species, judging by the sheer amount of bones lying around, it has probably been well fed. It Snarls in anger, sending out a wave of Dark energy, dealing a super effective hit to Poker and leaving both him and Clockwork with a Special Attack drop. You had a numbers advantage for now, but there is no telling how long you'd have before the Vullaby's parents return. If you were going to battle, you'd have to act quickly. A Vullaby was one thing, but if a pair of angry Mandibuzz showed up, you would really have your hands full. You could still try and run, but with the Vullaby now completely awake, it would be much harder for you to defend safely.
"Uh oh..." Danny said, as his Pokemon were already at an disadvantage. It was time for some quick thinking.
Grabbing a Pokeball, he sent out Nuzzle the Pachirisu, as he commanded his Pokemon to perform multiple attacks.
"Nuzzle, Thunderbolt! Clockwork, Hurricane!" The two Pokemon proceeded to perform their attacks, as Danny rummaged through his bag. He pulled out a spray medicine, an Awakening. Spraying it on the Dopey Pokemon, this negated any possible "sleep". Afterwards, Danny commanded the Slowpoke to Tackle the opposing Vullaby.
Now, Danny waited to see these moves succeed, glancing timely to stay aware of any other threats.
__________________
""A-X-O-L-O-T-L! My time has come to burn! I invoke the ancient power that I may return [in this universe]!"
- Bill Cipher
FB stuff

Last edited by CrazyCreeperKid; 10-03-2019 at 04:42 PM.
CrazyCreeperKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 02:27 PM   #218
King Ghidorah
Cascade Badge
 
King Ghidorah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
King Ghidorah- Not willing to lose a key member of your team at this early stage, you turn to modern medicine to revive your fallen Bisharp. The Steel type is soon revived and back to full strength, although the pain of his defeat still ran deep. Most would consider it a draw, but to Bisharp, it was definitely a loss. You recall the Blade Pokemon into its ball so it can recover some more, it surely wasn't that much further to go, right?

Wrong.

Realistically, your journey up the Edelweiss had just begun. You continue along the path, unobstructed for at least an hour. The path gets continuously steeper as you progress, until finally you're forced to a stop. The path comes to an end at a harsh vertical wall of rock, which continues upward through a thick ring of clouds. It appears to be climbable, but one misplaced hand or foot on the icy rocks would likely see you fall, resulting in serious injury or even death. If you wanted to reach the top, it was an obstacle you'd have to overcome, the issue was working out how to do so while ensuring your safety.

Your ears perk as you hear howls in the distance. They come from behind, back down the path you'd already trekked. Perhaps something had caught your scent and was now pursuing you? Regardless of motive, more conflict would likely drain more precious energy from your Pokemon. If you didn't react quickly and find a way forward, you likely wouldn't have a choice in confronting your pursuers.
Hugo stared at the icy wall, pondering his dilemma. Was this all worth it? He knew by trying to scale the wall, he was truly putting his life a risk and, by the looks of it, the odds were not on his side. Facing the guardian was his destiny. Or at least it felt that way. But maybe he was mistaken. Maybe all this time he had created this elaborate story in his head that he was supposed to be some sort of hero. Who was he anyway to feel this way? A nobody. He was fooling himself.

But the dreams. The dreams Hugo had. That couldn’t have been coincidence. There had to be a reason why he was having these visions. No, it must be destiny. History was full of stories about heroes rising from obscurity to defeat insurmountable odds. Why couldn’t it be Hugo?

It’s decided. He has to keep going.

He tentatively placed a hand on one of the footholds punctured into the rock. It was freezing cold and unsteady with icy slickness.

Then the howls came sending a shiver up Hugo’s spine. What could that have been? Whoever – or whatever – it was, Hugo was certain that they weren’t going to be friendly. Nobody else had been to this point, so why would this be any different.

Well, except for Heidi.

He considered his options for a few more moments, but he realized he was just stalling for time. Slowly and carefully, he pulled himself onto the rock wall.

And thus he begun his ascent.
__________________
King Ghidorah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 05:06 PM   #219
Prof.Enigma
Cascade Badge
 
Prof.Enigma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Anchorage Alaska
Posts: 397
10/5/19

TheKnightsFury:

You had around forty plus pokemon, most of which were ranging from all the different types, but mostly, nearly all of them you noted stood up on two legs. No Lucario could be pointed out right away but you could see a few throh, sawk, meinfoo, timbur and their evolved forms. A few Ice types, mostly snowrunts and the Weavile. A good handful of Graveler and two Siesmetoads.

These that you noted were the most plentiful of the group you free'd not accounting the ones held upstairs or outside. Oddly though another group of pokemon you did note hovering around were at least four Carbink and a Sableye.

You assumed that the rail carts took you directly outside above and through the other caverns so you went and directed the groups of people and gave out orders to have them go outside and make a mad dash out of here, causing as much chaos and destruction as you could. One of each of the six people Froakie brought with him dispersed themselves through out the crowds that were forming together.

Lily stuck by you and pulled you aside to talk.

" My mother nor her lucario are here, you need to find them too, or rather if you want you could get everyone out and i go look for her."

She had a point, you could regroup with your charizard outside and then try and stall off any one directly attacking the mob of people you're trying to free. But the issue with that was that you had no way of getting back to her in time should she be in trouble.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Deeper within the mines, not yet reached by you and your group of rescue's a man sat, upon a rather.... extravagant throne made of gold, rolling a chain back and forth within his fingers, this chain didn't look to be special but it was wrapped around a pokemon that seemed heart broken and injured.

The man had a woman by his side who sat smirking on a smaller throne... and they seemed to know what was going on, and were waiting.

What will you do next?
__________________
Prof.Enigma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 08:23 PM   #220
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.Enigma View Post
TheKnightsFury:

You had around forty plus pokemon, most of which were ranging from all the different types, but mostly, nearly all of them you noted stood up on two legs. No Lucario could be pointed out right away but you could see a few throh, sawk, meinfoo, timbur and their evolved forms. A few Ice types, mostly snowrunts and the Weavile. A good handful of Graveler and two Siesmetoads.

These that you noted were the most plentiful of the group you free'd not accounting the ones held upstairs or outside. Oddly though another group of pokemon you did note hovering around were at least four Carbink and a Sableye.

You assumed that the rail carts took you directly outside above and through the other caverns so you went and directed the groups of people and gave out orders to have them go outside and make a mad dash out of here, causing as much chaos and destruction as you could. One of each of the six people Froakie brought with him dispersed themselves through out the crowds that were forming together.

Lily stuck by you and pulled you aside to talk.

" My mother nor her lucario are here, you need to find them too, or rather if you want you could get everyone out and i go look for her."

She had a point, you could regroup with your charizard outside and then try and stall off any one directly attacking the mob of people you're trying to free. But the issue with that was that you had no way of getting back to her in time should she be in trouble.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Deeper within the mines, not yet reached by you and your group of rescue's a man sat, upon a rather.... extravagant throne made of gold, rolling a chain back and forth within his fingers, this chain didn't look to be special but it was wrapped around a pokemon that seemed heart broken and injured.

The man had a woman by his side who sat smirking on a smaller throne... and they seemed to know what was going on, and were waiting.

What will you do next?
Xander had plenty of Pokemon at his disposal, mostly Fighting Types but there were a couple of Ice and Ground types sprinkled in as well. The only ones that seemed to be missing were Lily's mother and the Lucario. Perhaps they were deeper in the mine? He wanted to find them, but he also knew he had to get these people out of here. Perhaps it was time to split up again? It seemed like the only way to meet both objectives....

"Alright everyone, listen up", Xander waited for the six trainers at least, because they'd be the ones running the show. "I need to make sure we've got everyone, we can't leave anyone behind. Most of my Pokemon will go with you. Chimchar, Froakie and Treecko will stay camouflaged in the mine cart, when you get close to the exit, get a couple of Fighting types to send it speeding out of the entrance. When they swarm to inspect it, my Trio will catch them surprise, attacking with Flamethrower, Water Pulse and Energy Ball respectively. That should create a big enough distraction for you to catch them by surprise, giving you the edge in the fight. Not to mention, my Charizard should be out there as well. Bayleef will also accompany you, she will start healing some of the more battle ready Pokemon with Heal Pulse to make sure they are ready to fight. Lily and Riolu will accompany Wartortle and myself further into the mine, we will join the rest of you as soon as we are sure there is no one else." Wartortle grinned, clenching his fists. His trainer wasn't leaving him behind this time.
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 08:52 PM   #221
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,887
CrazyCreeperKid- The Vullaby, though alone, was proving itself to be a worthy opponent. Not wanting to take any risks, you swing the numbers even more to your favour. You release Nuzzle the Pachirisu from his Pokeball, the Electric type sports a smile immediately upon seeing he has a type advantage. While you spray Poker with an Awakening, expelling the effects of his own Yawn, Nuzzle launches his assault. His body crackling with electricity before he fires off a massive Thunderbolt! The Vullaby cries out in pain, the cry echoing upwards out of the maw of the pit. While the opposing Flying type is still reeling, Clockwork follows up with a powerful Hurricane. The swirling winds batter the Vullaby, lifting it and a number of bones into the air. As the wind dissipates, Vullaby crashes to the ground, only for Poker to lumber before and drive it backwards with a Tackle. This was hardly a fair fight.....

As if the universe could sense the imbalance in this contest, a piercing cry rains down from above. A Mandibuzz plummets into the nest, spreading her wings at the last moment to halt her descent. The force of her wings sends a number of bones hurtling towards you. Clockwork reacts quickly however and knocks them away from you, saving you from injury. The Mandibuzz is much like its chick, larger than you'd normally see for the species. It stands tall, puffing out its chest as it glares angrily at the intruders that dared to attack her offspring. Clutching a long bone in her talons, she advances quickly, attacking Nuzzle before he can react. The Mandibuzz attacks him repetitively with the Bone Rush, dealing a tonne of super effective damage. By the time she finishes, Nuzzle looks to be on the edge of defeat. Unlike the inexperienced Vullaby, the Mandibuzz knew what she was doing. How were you going to get yourself out of this situation?


King Ghidorah- With a pack of something right on your tail, you waste a little bit of time considering whether pursuing your dream was the right path. It doesn't take long for you to decide it was and you quickly begin to climb. You soon learn quick isn't the way to go about climbing an icy wall, after a couple of near slips you slow your pace and instead focus on finding secure hand and foot holds. You try not to look down and managed to avoid the temptation, at least until you hear the howls coming from directly below you. You take a quick look, you see a bit of deep red, but that's about it. If luck was on your side, they wouldn't be able to follow you from here, but was luck ever on your side?

After about an hour your body is beginning to weaken. Every extension of your arms is an effort, they feel like they're made of lead at this point. Your struggling to see ahead as a thick mist has now surrounded you, forcing you to feel around for a secure hold. You let out a sigh of relief as you extend your arm and fail to feel the wall, you'd reached level ground. You carefully pull yourself up, quickly scrambling away from the edge. Deep snow covers the path ahead and although the falling snow obstructs your vision, you can clearly see the peak of the mountain in the distance. You still have a bit of a trek ahead of you, but you're making progress.
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 03:44 PM   #222
King Ghidorah
Cascade Badge
 
King Ghidorah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post

King Ghidorah- With a pack of something right on your tail, you waste a little bit of time considering whether pursuing your dream was the right path. It doesn't take long for you to decide it was and you quickly begin to climb. You soon learn quick isn't the way to go about climbing an icy wall, after a couple of near slips you slow your pace and instead focus on finding secure hand and foot holds. You try not to look down and managed to avoid the temptation, at least until you hear the howls coming from directly below you. You take a quick look, you see a bit of deep red, but that's about it. If luck was on your side, they wouldn't be able to follow you from here, but was luck ever on your side?

After about an hour your body is beginning to weaken. Every extension of your arms is an effort, they feel like they're made of lead at this point. Your struggling to see ahead as a thick mist has now surrounded you, forcing you to feel around for a secure hold. You let out a sigh of relief as you extend your arm and fail to feel the wall, you'd reached level ground. You carefully pull yourself up, quickly scrambling away from the edge. Deep snow covers the path ahead and although the falling snow obstructs your vision, you can clearly see the peak of the mountain in the distance. You still have a bit of a trek ahead of you, but you're making progress.
Exhausted, Hugo falls to his knees in the snow. Scaling an ice-covered wall on his own with no protection? What was he thinking? Certainly not one of his best ideas but, having seen something at the bottom that had been trailing him, it probably was for the best lest he end up as someone’s lunch. The howling. The deep red blur. It had to be a Lycanroc. They weren’t known for being especially merciful, so what choice did he really have?

Either way, he had made it to safety, but there was still a ways to go. But the snow on the ground was deep and it was accumulating rapidly. He could see the crest of the mountain, but barely through the blizzard.

So he rested. He rested for a few minutes in the snow, trying to catch his breath and figure out what to do next. Try as he might, however, the wisdom wasn’t coming to Hugo. He was exhausted, there was no denying that. He knew that the longer he sat in the snow, the more difficult it would be to get up and start going again. He tried to move, but suddenly his pack felt like it weighed 200 lbs. His legs just wouldn’t move. He took a few deep breaths to try and motivate himself, but it just wasn’t coming.

From his waist, he could feel one of his Pokeballs shaking vigorously. It was the Gingerbread Ball. A few seconds later, in a flash of light, Swinub reemerged, immediately investigating the ground for treats, unbothered by the thick snow. In fact, he was thriving in it.

“Look, man,” Hugo said to his companion. “Now’s not really the time. We…we need to keep moving.” His voice said the words, but his demeanor spoke volumes. It was clear that Hugo was struggling. The Pig Pokemon stopped in his tracks, and looked to Hugo. Then to the mountain top. Then back to Hugo.

“Yes, right, that’s where we need to go. We’re almost there. We just…have to…keep moving. So, come on. Get back into your Poke—”

But he couldn’t finish. As he was reaching for the Gingerbread Ball, Swinub was suddenly engulfed in a bright, gleaming light. In amazement, Hugo watched Swinub’s dimensions change dramatically; his coat thicker, his back tall and broad, two thick tusks emerging from either side of his mouth.


Swinub had evolved into Piloswine!

“Well, look at you now,” Hugo said, smiling warmly. Piloswine trotted toward Hugo, his eyes obscured beneath tufts of fur, but his nose sniffing wildly. He identified Hugo, who still had not been able to get to his feet, and began nudging him with his head to get up.

“Okay, okay, fine, let’s g-whooaaaaa!” Before he could finish, Piloswine scooped Hugo off his feet with his tusks, and rolled him off his head and onto his back. And off he went, trudging through the snow, Hugo clinging to his back.
__________________
King Ghidorah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 12:40 AM   #223
TheKnightsFury
Volcano Badge
 
TheKnightsFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 3,887
King Ghidorah- Laying exhausted in the snow, you feel reinvigorated as your new Swinub surprises you by evolving into a Piloswine! It had been separated from its mother for no more than a day and was already showing impressive development. Its connection to you was obviously growing as well, as it promptly makes use of its newly found strength. Before you know it, your cling to Piloswine's back as it ploughs its way through the thick snow. What would be incredibly exhausting for you is relatively easy for Piloswine, even if it has to lug your tired arse with it.

You do your best to get comfortable, although it is indeed a struggle to. You take comfort in your progress though as Piloswine is making good time and you're getting close to your destination. However the determined Ice type comes to a halt as the path leads through a small pass, the rock rising up on either side. It could just be getting tired, or perhaps it senses something isn't right. Your eyes are drawn upwards instantly as a harmony of howls threatens to bring an avalanche down on you. Sure enough, three Midnight Lycanroc stand atop the pass, wait, no make that four! You didn't spot it at first, but a fourth Midnight Lycanroc is blending in with the snow, its normally deep red fur a pale grey. It seems the pack got ahead of you somehow and now stand between you and your goal. You'd almost lost Bisharp to a Rattata, fighting four Lycanroc was surely going to be even worse!
__________________
TheKnightsFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 02:38 PM   #224
King Ghidorah
Cascade Badge
 
King Ghidorah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
King Ghidorah- Laying exhausted in the snow, you feel reinvigorated as your new Swinub surprises you by evolving into a Piloswine! It had been separated from its mother for no more than a day and was already showing impressive development. Its connection to you was obviously growing as well, as it promptly makes use of its newly found strength. Before you know it, your cling to Piloswine's back as it ploughs its way through the thick snow. What would be incredibly exhausting for you is relatively easy for Piloswine, even if it has to lug your tired arse with it.

You do your best to get comfortable, although it is indeed a struggle to. You take comfort in your progress though as Piloswine is making good time and you're getting close to your destination. However the determined Ice type comes to a halt as the path leads through a small pass, the rock rising up on either side. It could just be getting tired, or perhaps it senses something isn't right. Your eyes are drawn upwards instantly as a harmony of howls threatens to bring an avalanche down on you. Sure enough, three Midnight Lycanroc stand atop the pass, wait, no make that four! You didn't spot it at first, but a fourth Midnight Lycanroc is blending in with the snow, its normally deep red fur a pale grey. It seems the pack got ahead of you somehow and now stand between you and your goal. You'd almost lost Bisharp to a Rattata, fighting four Lycanroc was surely going to be even worse!
He knew they were coming for him. And here they were. Even though he thought he was able to shake them, Hugo wasn’t surprised to see the Lycanroc quartet blocking his path. And they didn’t seem like they were in the mood for negotiating. Hugo knew he was going to have to through them.

Beneath him, he could feel Piloswine tensing up, the Swine Pokemon uttering a low, stern growl. Despite the strides he had made in such a short period of time and even with his new found strength, Hugo knew that he woudn’t be able to take on all four Lycanroc on his own.

Maintaining eye contact with the grey Lycanroc – certainly the leader – Hugo slowly climbed off Piloswine’s back and returned to the heavy snow. With each hand, he grabbed a Pokeball, pressing the center sensor to release two of his teammates, one on either side of Piloswine.

Two his left, a force of cold, red steel brandishing massive, bludgeoning claws. Scizor.

To his right, a grey dragon flecked with gold and buzzing with violent energy. Hakamo-o.

The duo looked back to Hugo for direction, but their trainer would not break his concentration on something a head of them. Following his eyes, they noticed the threatening pack. Almost instantly, Scizor fell into defensive position, while Hakamo-o let out a roar of anticipation, seemingly begging for the fight to begin.

“Hold your positions,” Hugo commanded his team. Slowly, he reached to the ground and grabbed a handful of snow.

He packed it together, and launched the snowball directly at the grey Lycanroc.
__________________
King Ghidorah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 01:19 PM   #225
CrazyCreeperKid
Boulder Badge
 
CrazyCreeperKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Vermilion City
Posts: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKnightsFury View Post
CrazyCreeperKid- The Vullaby, though alone, was proving itself to be a worthy opponent. Not wanting to take any risks, you swing the numbers even more to your favour. You release Nuzzle the Pachirisu from his Pokeball, the Electric type sports a smile immediately upon seeing he has a type advantage. While you spray Poker with an Awakening, expelling the effects of his own Yawn, Nuzzle launches his assault. His body crackling with electricity before he fires off a massive Thunderbolt! The Vullaby cries out in pain, the cry echoing upwards out of the maw of the pit. While the opposing Flying type is still reeling, Clockwork follows up with a powerful Hurricane. The swirling winds batter the Vullaby, lifting it and a number of bones into the air. As the wind dissipates, Vullaby crashes to the ground, only for Poker to lumber before and drive it backwards with a Tackle. This was hardly a fair fight.....

As if the universe could sense the imbalance in this contest, a piercing cry rains down from above. A Mandibuzz plummets into the nest, spreading her wings at the last moment to halt her descent. The force of her wings sends a number of bones hurtling towards you. Clockwork reacts quickly however and knocks them away from you, saving you from injury. The Mandibuzz is much like its chick, larger than you'd normally see for the species. It stands tall, puffing out its chest as it glares angrily at the intruders that dared to attack her offspring. Clutching a long bone in her talons, she advances quickly, attacking Nuzzle before he can react. The Mandibuzz attacks him repetitively with the Bone Rush, dealing a tonne of super effective damage. By the time she finishes, Nuzzle looks to be on the edge of defeat. Unlike the inexperienced Vullaby, the Mandibuzz knew what she was doing. How were you going to get yourself out of this situation?
"Gah, things just keep getting better..." Danny muttered. "Return Nuzzle." Danny said, nearly defeated himself. The Pachirisu willingly entered it's Pokeball. As Danny went to his waist to grab a specific Luxury Ball, another Pokemon jumped out of its ball.
"ESP, you want to get in on this?" Danny sputtered.
"Ala, Kazam Zam!" it said.
Despite the clear disadvantage, Danny was rolling with it all. "Whatever you say." he finished.
"Okay then! ESP, Teleport behind Mandibuzz, then follow it with a powerful Tri Attack! Clockwork, Hypnosis, then Hurricane! Poker, Tackle!" Danny ordered.
An ambitious trifecta, the Pokemon carried out their attacks with extreme vigor and recklessness.
__________________
""A-X-O-L-O-T-L! My time has come to burn! I invoke the ancient power that I may return [in this universe]!"
- Bill Cipher
FB stuff
CrazyCreeperKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   UPNetwork > Independent Forums > Fizzy Bubbles


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
Prof.Enigma
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:05 AM.


Design By: Miner Skinz.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.